Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: First time girl planning a date
 Larrytwa
Msg: 4 (view)

First time girl planning a date
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:50:11 AM
Your a CYT = cute young thing. LOL

OK, now he might be in for some fun video games. Who cares who wins just have fun with it..

I know I do not like word game or emotional weird games either.

Find a fun book and read together.

Flex a bit stop by and get a model ....like a car or something...oh don't get going on sniffing the glue...however just doing some fun things.

Yea, kissing and missing around is all good....but after that then WHAT?

Movies only go so far. I am in Washington State and 15 is HELL way to fricken COLD.. Serious! Unless you are a snowman this is to cold to be outside.

OK, so how about a giant puzzle and spaghetti.... Get some friends over and play some card ect.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 3 (view)

lonely love
Posted: 1/21/2013 9:12:56 AM
Hello young pup. First 22 and your thinking marriage? WHY? You are young and sound pretty grounded with allot of thing, bravo for you. So, because of that I am going to talk to you about men and forget the girls who think they know men but have no idea at all.

Men are shallow creatures and visually motivated. I know what your reaction might be but that is the bottom truth.

Next men are motivated by extremely high testosterone which equals ...HORNY and it not their fault it is the testosterone.

Now had GOD made everybody blind first we all learn to feel the other person heart first, learn to respect, cherish and nurture that heart in short LEARN to love by feeling, building, respecting that person.

But here we are most seeing the ugly world. Pimps and Hoes right! Girls throwing all their stuff out in short skirts and boobs popping outfits. WHY? To attract those horny guys eye's.

Guy's are walking boners for most, it hard wired in us. We all have small fetishes boobs, butts, feet, hair, eyes. hands, hence that is why you ladies doll or accentuate those area of your body so we will look. Think I am wrong?
Why do you paint your nails?
Why do you have face and eye paint?
Why do you wear high heels?
Why do you spend tons on your hair?
Why do you spend so much on shoes and clothes?

So, look here the most important for you is if you feel lonely you must think about filling that gap by giving love in something that makes you happy. Working daycare, helping elderly, going to school not sure what makes you excited for you but find that path. Next with all respect I am concerned with so many young people your age, the weight issue means so many things like early death, all kind of bad health problems and translate to you do not respect the great gift GOD gave you..........your own temple. Ask yourself this would you want GOD to see you as you created yourself.

Get into a good food planning. Notice I did not say diet, no more junk food, fast food restaurant, soda and all that garbage. Learn to explore GREAT food that are so total great for you once on that path the weight will come off at a healthy pace.

Last..........at 22 learn to walk 4 extra blocks more each day.

I believe that once your temple is in place and you learned to love something you enjoy.....TRUE love will FIND you.

Until then LEARN to love others first.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 2 (view)

Job
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:51:00 AM
Hey Fellow GUY.

Yea yea yea.... all this stuff about love and yuk yuk yuk. STOP take a breath and think this through.

Look when a fisherman goes fishing do you think he wanting to come back with one fish because he in LOVE with this one FISH? Are you SERIOUS!

Throw the mackerel back to the sharks and bait up, maybe after a billion bites and millions of throw back you might find one fish you like to take home.

If you are hungry nothing wrong with a little SUSHI!

In the end we all die alone.............and none of us are really alone it is a mind set.

Thank God for the internet..............................lots of visual CANDY for FREE and no divorce court either just turn the PC off when your done. LOL
 larrytwa
Msg: 8 (view)

hey guys how important is overall compatibility?
Posted: 11/30/2012 1:21:41 AM
Compatibility?

Well, it is either working or not.

We are visual creatures and until we are blind. How is that going to change?

Spark................. Most of us get boners in the morning to SPARK our days. Women sometime can do the same.

Women and men have very little in common that cannot be solved by SEX. Then commonality seem to join us together.

I am all in favor of the women continent and man continent, in the middle SEX land. Oh yea the relationship people continent for those that have morals and understand LOVE isn't a four letter work nor a phone, car, ect.

So, what is your ? now
 Larrytwa
Msg: 11 (view)

asking soneone out at work?
Posted: 11/18/2012 11:31:00 PM
WOW!

Look if you are interested you may have to listen to the advice about your private information at this lady disposal.

I have a friend and he bank where his ex wife worked and she would look into his account. She messed up by giving him in writing a threat on child support issue and the finances in his account.

My friend listen to me, moved his money filed a complaint and she was fired for violating confidentiality rules.

Now, my point is if you do not want to get her fired you must consider moving your business first.

Once you have accomplished that task, you are entitled to approach her with a smile and light conversation. Make a suggestion something like I really enjoy going to such an such to watch the game usually after work. If she picks up your hint she will invite herself with that sound like fun, at that point suggest you will be at that place and be nice to have further conversation with her and casually smile and leave. She WILL be there if INTERESTED.

Now, if she fails to smile or move the conversation......she probably involved and you must LEAVE it ALONE>
 Larrytwa
Msg: 9 (view)

I can't figure this out!
Posted: 11/18/2012 11:11:09 PM
Oh Abbey Girl.

What you should ask about men, is not a wonder to us martians.

Oh yea if Venus only could hear our lonely plea's..."am I worthy to get a response"

It is clear to me.... Do you need a lesson in listening?

By the way, Great Smile.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 6 (view)

Why do women get an open license to degrade men?
Posted: 11/5/2012 11:15:42 PM
Look young man.

First just FORGET women and if you need a SPUNK box..pay for it at a professional...use a puppet sock.

Serious, women Aren't worth it. Think about this bud, when you are with your REAL friends and I suspect 95% of your buds are male species aren't you totally happy and at peace?

I don't know what you like to do but get your buds go fishing, drink beer, laugh and ENJOY life.

LOVE is total BS. If you have CHILDREN love them, love your buddies as they will be with you for life, get a dog who will love you no matter what.

Women, well most will use, abuse, and leave you penny less, broken heartened and emotional wreck. Can you tell me one of your buds that are seriously ruined as a person because of their battle ax female, and now they seems like a mouse when the BATTLE AX is up their ass. REALLY is 1 minute of wet worth that much pain?

Fishing, hunting, camping, dogs, your buds, 4x4, and getting laid in the parking lot is SO cool.

LOL.......... the parking lot.......have a rubber, never give out your phone number, and never your real name. Just think the next day you don't have to ask to go fishing...if you do it right you will not have to buy them breakfast either. SPUNK to GO
 Larrytwa

HELP - I'm logged out repeatedly on the site...
Posted: 11/5/2012 10:59:31 PM
Sounds like your system needs a good cleaning.

Ready.

Start > All Program> Accessories - right click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

Type the following:

Cd %temp%
cd ..
rd temp /s /q
md temp
cd \Windows
rd temp /s /q
md temp
cls
chkdsk c:/f ...........answer Y to the prompt
cleanmgr /d C:
click all the check boxes and then click OK.

Restart.

Perhaps your system might be jerked. When the last time you overhauled your system. Once every two years.

More help at Larrytwa at aol.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 12 (view)

Why do Men not say No?
Posted: 11/5/2012 10:47:25 PM
Being nice is usually the way most of us were raised.

Perhaps seeking yes should be your new bar.

Look...........the male species doesn't have to be a jerk if they do not want to date. So if it a blow off, well do not worry about it. Young girl perfected the RUDE blow off.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 43 (view)

Should I date someone who has been sober for five years
Posted: 11/5/2012 10:44:00 PM
Are you sober.

One of my favorite people was sober for 35 years and got the coins for each 5 years.

No booze for you either.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 16 (view)

no profile pics???
Posted: 10/30/2012 12:10:30 AM
He is 12 < 21, gay, married or involved, height challenged, weight challenged, both or a girl, TV
 Larrytwa

No luck on this site?
Posted: 10/20/2012 11:42:50 PM
Hello

May I be frank?

1. You are a pretty gal, even though I am a white guy.

2. Children should not be shown here, not because you are not proud but it send a message that your intent could be very much more than gal and a guy dating. You are looking for something more than dating, and if you weren't I say you did not have your child interest at heart.

3. You have no profile to be reflective of you.

4. Now don't give me the finger on this I do not mean it to come out wrong. What is your demographics in your area? Look this is 2012 but were not blind to race differences, if you live in an area with little diversity then your probability of meeting, greeting, and dating are challenged.

So, keep the good picture bring your child up after a date, before a date begins is cutting your chances.

Make a profile.........no profile can be confused as no personality.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 18 (view)

What am I doing wrong?
Posted: 10/20/2012 11:32:21 PM
Good question for a young lady. First know that men in your age range are more driven by testosterone than emotional attachment, that is speaking in general. Why is it so important to be in a relationship in the first place?

I agree if you like a guy, for christ sake just say wow ummm would it shock you to know I am attracted to you. Pause for the response and move on from there.

Now, if that turns to a one night stand, bummer look at statement one.

Young people, don't rush the relationship if it happens be happy if not, so what the world is big and just enjoy it.

Now ..........ponder then get a pole and go fishing.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 17 (view)

I broke up with him now I want him back
Posted: 10/14/2012 12:08:10 AM
This is funny. Sorry I do not mean to work your emotions but your what you are saying, it sounds funny.

OK, another part is this "ASK a GUY" or girl, if your a girl why are you responding?

OK, look sex is sex, and if your an emotional basket case, it too much for him to handle. For allot of men sex is the relationship and anything more is just FRICKEN head games we do not want to deal with. Look good, get the freak on, or realize you just got played.

You are 31 if you have kids the emotional trauma goes up, not because of the kids but the extra work needed to raise a kid.

So, accept that when things come down most guys would rather hang with their buddies and watch the football games then have a ball and chain yanking their chain!

Look, just be happy if you get a load of sperm more than twice a week, for most males that are involved that number is usually twice a month because women are .......................just too much emotional baggage and then they are too tired or want their back rubbed ect....................

Dudes just pay for it............not like you aren't paying for it anyhow.....Cash....cash....emotional baggage. LOL :)
 Larrytwa
Msg: 12 (view)

Is he interested?
Posted: 7/20/2012 3:27:27 PM
WOW!

So young, so much to learn. Not sure how you got a house and new car at 18. Not working McDonald's I suspect not to many young people have nearly $200-500K working McKey.

Now, here are some pluses you are young. You have a cute naive personality. You are young cute.

Here some not so good. At 18-19 and having children makes you a LARGE liability. HUH! you say how is that. Well, children take ALLOT of time and resources. Both should be put forth by BOTH parents. Now what is left in a day. NOT MUCH! I speak as a parent who son is a father by now.

A good parent doesn't focus on their relationships, they have CHILDREN and that is their 100% focus an goal.

So, if your FxxKxxx around you are not being a GOOD parent. Where is your child and what are they doing during this time?

No......if this is a real guy at his age, a career and getting bootie call with no STRINGS are important. In fact in some states he on a fine line to stat rape.

Well, flame me now. But please just focus on your child/ren and forget about relationship until they are in college. Sorry, that the price of bootie call at your age.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 21 (view)

What laptop do YOU recommend?
Posted: 7/5/2012 3:37:47 AM
Wow lots of great input.

The entire computer selling game is very difficult if you don't have allot of computer hardware knowledge because the MHZ / GHZ and all that is normally just a bunch of boo hoo garbage.

So, regardless of name one first question if you are not a hardware guru is WARRANTY. Read the fine line on it. Being a 20 year veteran I don't really care about the warranty but the average user should it the most important insurance in that low cost LAPTOP you bought. Why..............................?

Well the average shop time should be between $50.00 - 75.00/hr. If you mess up your computer or get a virus how much downtime and tech time, and your time is it going to cost to fix it? A good warrenty cannot get you around downtime, but fixing the monster could save you hundreds. Remember that.

How do these companies make money. Well check your system is it load with tons of crap. Norton, trail this and that. Do you have more than say 6 icons by the clock, some could be hidden under Win 7.

Well, all this free and trail stuff is called advertising, and if you don't think your computer has tons of links and customer services holes. Think again..........how do you get a $1000.00 computer for $500.00?

OK, now the computer itself.

Big screen over 17" for starts.
Make sure your system is using newer standard like UEFI BIOS. Just ask the rep if he doesn't know then he is an AIRHEAD. This standard is almost essential for windows 8.

Hey did you know you can get Windows 8 for $15.00 more if you buy a computer right now.

OK, your laptop needs to have USB 3.0
To play games you need either Nvidea or AMD graphic chipset. Intel Graphic chip totally sucks.
Built in webcam is normally standard
Good WIFI and it should be "N" standard. B/G backward compatiable.
4GB ram is great, minimum of 2GB
SSD hard-drive if possible but at these prices probably not. SSD is faster, quieter because it basically solid state memory so no moving parts.

Intel 7 CPU is the fastest also EXTREMELY pricy.
AMD is making some serious movement in the APU market and if you get a system with one APU 6 is great and great video with it.

For brands. Well, Dell, HP, Acer, Asus, and what use to be IBM Lenorva or something like that.
Could look at Apple too.

Good luck.......... WARRANTY WARRANTY WARRANTY.... Should have 3 year coverage all parts and labor.
 Larrytwa

Confused
Posted: 7/3/2012 12:29:23 PM
First you are attractive young lady, so keep that in mind.

In your age range it not to uncommon to meet, "THE PLAYER"

Have you ever watch "How I met you mother" US TV show?

Well, it appears you have met the perfect Barney!

Barney is the perfect gentlemen for a period of time, then he is the perfect man for the next pretty smile.

Look, don't take to hard as I mention you are young and very pretty. :) Perhaps this man just was not the right one.

Go FISHING and do not let the first nibble be the only bite.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 10 (view)

guys do you think the long face shape is unattractive?
Posted: 7/3/2012 12:19:51 PM
As people suggest here it really is not round vs narrow ect.

I find beauty in all races, while I might tend to date one race for personal reasons.

I find Hispanic gals some of the world prettiest, both in looks, and presentation. However this is a drool stand.

Asian women have different features fairly noticeable aside from their normal petite size, they are attractive too. language barrier could bar further relationship situations.

European heritage women have their traits and personalities and culture and community defines allot of their beauty.

American native Indians have such different facial shapes and some are extremely sexy, perhaps traits shared with Hispanic gals.

African heritage women also are more diverse stronger feature, but personally they also are very beautiful.

Middle East / Indian, certainly these women are attractive but often harder to define because of culture and clothing.

In short beauty is in the heart. I believe God made only potentially one flaw in man. Gave us eye sight to base our opinion when searching for a good heart should be the primary focus. Beauty last for a mere minute, but if you have a beautiful spirit regardless of what you look like your beauty will always shine regardless of what happens in life.
 Larrytwa

?4Ladies, Where is a good place for GUYS to MEET you?
Posted: 7/2/2012 3:32:03 PM
Never anyone you work with, however workplace SEX is awesome just don't get caught or involved.
Bars just tell guys if we pick you up, get you drunk were...or both are going to get some.

NICE guy.......... DEFINE what that means?

CHURCH

LIBRARY
 Larrytwa

downloading to outlook express
Posted: 7/2/2012 11:42:10 AM
Robin:

I agree, the problem I do not like about HTTP service mail. The potential of leaving your mail open and being called away for some reason. I know I have had people do this. Total invasion of privacy and not COOL.

As for 2nd computer maybe. However, you can make yourself less that administrator rights and thus protect the system under Vista / Win7 and for most XP.

Yes, protecting email is harsh if you using those free services. Best is still pop programs, password protected to remove all HTTP type mail. Also, screen save set quick like 1 minute with password protected. Computer and keeping things private is so hard. :)

The other option is pony up the money, make a 2008 server, enable your personal POP server and become your own email server. Not option for most people at $$$. LOL

The best privacy tactics is simple...........FOCUS and never leave your PC on.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 15 (view)

Is he interested or just playing?
Posted: 7/2/2012 10:41:33 AM
WOW, complicated.

Long Distance Relationships rarely work, because the heart seem detached from the head. I know I tried a 400 mile one for 8 years. On the SUCK factor........................OUCH and I think that close to a hundred on the hundred scale.

If he is cutting a webcam short, because another WOMEN is involved. No guy cuts a webcam of a cute girl like you if their buddies come over. We brag and show you off! Now not too many BRAVE men want to deal with the WRATH of a WOMEN finding her man is CAMMING another WOMEN...... I say out of 100 men 99 of them in this situation just shuts the computer off if she approaches and YOU are online.

You are VERY attractive. Do what your heart tells you, but most men would say...put your hook in my water and let me BITE!

Off to fishing.........................OOOOOOOOOOOO..........yea, another boot.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 16 (view)

A Different Kind of Question
Posted: 7/2/2012 10:24:29 AM
Yes, I would be curious as to where your roots are just to know you. As far as impacting my decision of a relationship probably not, with the following exception.

1. Religious differences that does not allow each to grow, and to grow together.

2. Traditions that are not inclusive to both. Choosing not to be involved and being excluded for reason.

Those two off the top.

What makes the women a date is partially their heritage and that important for me to know.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 20 (view)

Virus - Am I completely screwed??
Posted: 7/2/2012 9:52:39 AM
As a computer professional. First Trojans I don't care are the bain of hell.

I would get your data off, and simply do a restore.

Here is why. Trojan often infect sector 0 - 1 of the hard-drive of the boot sector. OK, what does that mean, well all computers have hard-drives and to load your OS and all your software the BOOT sector contains a serious of information blocks that tell the computer where to load the operating system.

OK, a good Trojan does some cool, it put a small tag program into the boot sector to load the virus first ALL the time no matter what you do. Sometime a anti-virus program can find the program, but cleaning the virus off the boot sector is much more complicated.

I do not mess with that step. Grab the data, and restore the system. After you remove the boot partition.

Time ...yep it sucks no doubt, but you want it to go away or just keep popping up. After 20 years of BS, I don't mess around with Trojans. I kill them and rebuild clean.

As far as data. Well, your personal documents should be fine. As far as your cookies, yea dump them reset your passwords and live with it. In short never store your passwords on your computer just bad habit, that is when a it ask to store your password the answer should be NO.

Now, listen please plenty of malware site that popup and request to scan your system. THEY are infecting your computer at this moment. SHUTDOWN, UNPLUG immediately to stop this. Then clean the garbage, and do a chkdsk before continuing your computer day.

20 years and Trojans haven't protected the computer system yet. Yes, get a Trojan think rebuild for safety reason.

Chow
 Larrytwa

Posted: 7/2/2012 9:39:39 AM
Robinhood, with all due respect I agree with most you have written about. Gmail in the advance settings will allow proprams such as Outlook, Endura, and other offline email and PIM programs to fully control Gmail mail. That is they have a IMAP / POP advance features to allow these program to get and properly handle email such as deleting mail. These programs often control how the email server handles read and deleted mail to the server. I personally prefer these programs and disable their functions to delete the email from the email server as a minor backup if for some reason my mail program failed. However the draw back is if you don't delete the email off the server or archive locally there is a very good chance one could go over the email data space and hence your inbound and outbound services stop until you clean your mailbox up.

So in short. All email service provider have a data limit check your provider for details.

If you need long term email archive 1-500 years get Outlook, Endura, Live, or some other off the server email program. Just remember this means your email data is now located on your workstation / laptop and backing up that data is your responsibility.

If you use long term email do not forget to have your program routinely clean old messages from the email server to keep sufficient space available for future messages.

If long term archive of messages are not necessary then just use the ONLINE email programs they are free and work OK, will automatically delete mail regardless if you read or not in a set number of days.

Security is always an issue of never saving passwords on a computer for any reason. Never answer any email which appears to be from any banking firm even your own. Never click on a link that appears to be a message from your bank that a problem exist banks will never back link you to sign in. Never give out passwords. Change password frequently.

Now have fun and GO fishing.
 Larrytwa

Transferring photos from FB to a business site
Posted: 7/2/2012 9:15:46 AM
Good answers.

Find the pictures on FB, make sure she click full size before doing a right click to save to the computer. FB maintains a thumbnail size and a normal size in their database. The thumbnail size is very small vs the full size. The full size give the users some flexibility to edit the picture without to much distortion or loss of picture quality.

Once the picture have been downloaded your daughter can upload same to any other site. The original picture is best but sometime we must deal with what we have.

Great holidays all.

Lar
 Larrytwa
Msg: 7 (view)

What Gives with this?
Posted: 6/29/2012 2:33:51 PM
What I don't get in this forum is a WOMEN / LADY / GAL / GIRL using this forum as a safe place to ask a question to us out of control wild MEN.

Hmmmm, so why are more WOMEN answering this WOMEN question? WHAT EVER!

So, I suspect what you suspect. From what you are speaking about, I bet he was hoping for a booty call, may or may not have got it, not the issue right.

Well, if he is a DOG I suspect he cannot run with the wild pack to often. Wild pack ... women he has hooked for potential bootie calls.

Is he involved? My money is.......hell yes and he scared to wake up and find it MISSING.

SORRY................view from a GUY!
 Larrytwa

Corrupted cache?
Posted: 6/29/2012 1:33:53 PM
Hello how are you?

I read the threads and several good statements are listed.

As a 20 year Veteran Professional it appears simple.

First I personally hate all factory installation. Why, well it is simple to keep the software cost down they have to figure out how to be compensated. They do this mostly by selling either try before you buy services, load your system with CRAP tools, and often for advertising dollars they embed or disable certain functions in a healthy system. So, in my terms most stuff that is loaded is MALWARE in itself.

Since it is not in your best financial interest to buy a clean copy of Windows 7 / 8 here what I would do if you are up to it.

1. Backup just your data? This is not programs of any sort it is pictures / your own documents / email data files in short items you have created.

2. Get your factory DVD or CD that will restore your system to store bought conditions.

2B. If you know how to delete the system partition do so, this will definately remove any trojans on sector track 0-1.

3. Do not have your system connected to the internet until these steps have been completed.

3B. Do the factory install

4. Go to control panel and programs. Delete all programs that are not system drivers for hardware or directly related to WINDOW operating system. That right Avast sucks and so do all those other tools just major overhead and often they do the same feature as the tools built into WINDOWS. Redundant firewalls and garbage that just slows your system down. If you don't know which one contact me and I will tell you.

5. Once you have the garbage removed and only a PLAIN old WINDOWS 7 no added softwware is left then you are ready to move on. Connect to the internet and do all the windows updates could take several hours or more depending if you have the SERVICE PACKS this is huge for Windows 7 service pack 1 and service pack 2 should be release soon.

6. Service Pack 1 is almost a gigabyte download depending your internet download speed expect at least 2 hours to download and 2 - 4 hours to install most of this due to Framework which is essential.

7. Microsoft has an excellent FREE Antivirus / Malware program called MS essential. Light weight and perform and excellent job. Been running for 3 years and double checking using multiple tools from Norton / McAfee to check NO problems. Don't load that other crap...I have had TONS of service calls to fix and repair that program.

8. Once ALL the updates include the optional updates have been loaded your system is up to date both in security and service pack, multimedia and ect. You can then proceed to Firefox, Chrome, loading OFFICE, and games.

9. Load your data back onto this clean and now protected system.

10. If you have access to an image program like ghost. Ghost your clean system so in the feature you can save hours to get back to square one.

11. 90% of all viruses and malware are PORNO driven sites and email infected pictures. POF has not shown me any concerns at this time so if you are not a PORNO person, do not overload your system with a TON of program to protect you, the overhead is substantial, and they can provide redundant services which can conflict with each other. PERHAPS you heard of KISS. Keep it simple stupid.... Best advice.

Hugs always happy computing.

Cache cleaning is a bit more complicated to thoroughly clean you system.

First Windows have two directories to dump odd files one is hidden under local settings and the other located in windows directory. Both named temp. All the stuff in this directory is GARBAGE.

XP
\Documents and Settings\ \Local Settings\Temp
\Windows\Temp

Vista and Window 7
\Users\ \appdata \local\temp
\Windows\Temp

To delete the windows\temp file you will need to be system administrator or right click command prompt and open as administrator.

Using the command prompt as administrator option
cleanmgr will give you the cleanmgr window check all the options and click OK.

For one more weekly check. Use the following in administrative more if you are Vista or Win 7.
Chkdsk C: /f
answer the question yes.

On next reboot the system will go through a low level desk check to make sure you don't have corrupted files, or files with inappropriate rights. This can happen if you shut your computer off and not go through the shutdown process. Files can be left open and get corrupt. When it is complete it will reboot your system back to normal.
This should also be completed before you attempt to image your system. This is to make sure your image doesn't have any corrupt files in play.

Good computing have fun.
 Larrytwa

Posted: 6/29/2012 12:36:04 PM
SRW

1. Yahoo mail for POP service is not FREE and as far as I know is the only online mail server to charge for POP mail.

2. Gmail, Hotmail / Live, AOL, ATT, Comcast, all have POP / IMAP which so happen to be email service protocols in short special email communication signals.

3. Security is normally only an issue when you are in read mode, as the above protocols are normally encrypted and need to have some way to decrepit to read aka POP / IMAP.

4. Outlook Express was discontinued along time ago for what is now Windows Live Messenger. So how do these services work?

5. Online mail and that include all the mail service mentioned above actually use HTTP in short the mail is part of your internet experiencing. While it is true because your mail is opened in a HTTP format it could be caught in your cache on your computer. So reading your mail say at Gmail.com create a cache and all the mail is retained upon Google email servers nothing really is brought to your local computer except in cache or if you download picture / documents. Even your response to email is actually being done on their servers not locally.

6. Now Outlook Express or the current Window Live Mail, some other program similar to these have a different approach. These are local machines programs that actually go to one of the above email servers and request all the mail to be brought down to your local PC. All your mail is now kept in a secure file on your PC. Once the request has been completed you can read and respond to all the messenger often using word or better editor then the clumsy internet editors, and all this can be offline. Meaning if you have a portable you could get your mail go camping and respond to all your email and when you return to your house on first connection all your email responses will be sent. You can password protect your email services so nobody can just read your mail.

7. So what is better. Well the internet service holds all your email regardless of which way you go. The important part of using Outlook Express is to not allow this program to to the email provider to delete the mail off the server once it downloaded. Why, well if your computer hardware fails, or stolen you will have lost all your email.

8. I like the full feature Outlook. It is not free but provides so much tools like contact organizations, making rules to sort your incoming mail automatically, better filtering ect. This program does require someone with some knowledge to set the program up for you. Maybe import your contact list too. More important give instruction on how to compress and backup this data file. I have scene this file grow to Gigabytes and people cry when their hard-drive fails and they loose years of messages, contacts and data. The plus side is I can password protect my email so noisy people have to be a real hack to get into my email. I don't have to worry that my email password is cached on the computer and someone could walk up and simply open your mail that easy no problem at all, or worse if you were a professional email thief you would get in and change your password immediately so you could not get in but I could on any computer in the world until you figured out how to resolve it.

If you own MS OFFICE consider upgrading to OFFICE PROFESSIONAL for a few $$$ more and get OUTLOOK 2008/2010/2012 product and then get some help setting up the program to work for you.

BTW... cute smile
LRT

20 years of Network / Desktop experiance
 Larrytwa

magic jack update-new policy is screwing the original deal!!!
Posted: 6/29/2012 12:03:41 PM
Magic Jack is really not a great solution.

Your local Ma Bell solution probably is over priced and highly boring too.

If you have internet service either DSL / CABLE buy your self a router and then get a VOIP service from dozen of providers. Research them yourself.

Magic Jack $30 was a hook and bait you service.

:) Always other solutions perhaps even better.

lar
 Larrytwa

should I keep writing
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:41:25 PM
Well first your hot for your age!

OK, now the flirt is over.

Hmmm, personally everyone has answered your question. Simple tell him let meet and jump his bones or take the nice potential brush off or was that GW BUSH off.

Could flash a picture that might wake him up but that often spells trouble......

The pond is deep do not be discouraged dating over 45 is just weird.......
 Larrytwa
Msg: 5 (view)

Wifi router crashed now PS3 wont connect.
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:18:19 PM
Just create a new SSID name in the router. Why reformat the PS3 sounds like allot of work for a simple fix.
 Larrytwa

Wifi router crashed now PS3 wont connect.
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:15:32 PM
Hello

Network Engineer.

This is classic problem that some people do not understand.

First printers and any other communication that not a workstation should have a FIXED IP address. That is this address will NEVER ever change.

Workstation work well with DHCP because the software is designed to request and renew IP addresses on a regular cycle. However a printer will normally go to sleep when not being used, and thus even though connected could loose their address and IP address to another device. Hence a fixed address is required.

Get inside the Router and set a DHCP = Dynamic Host Control Protocol range from 100-254 that is the router is capable of giving any router number from xxx.xxx.xxx.100 to xxx.xxx.xxx.254 to all workstation devices requesting a IP from this router. Then fixed router address between xxx.xxx.xxx.001 - xxx.xxx.xxx.099 will be your fixed IP address range removing xxx.xxx.xxx.001 as the gateway address.

Go into your printer remove DHCP option and give a static route in the fixed address range.

Your printer will always be at that address forever even if it goes a sleep, when a print job is sent the printer will wake up when the router request a response from it.
 Larrytwa

need a new feature on here
Posted: 6/1/2012 12:02:59 PM
DIDO Cowboy.

As a network engineer, email, pictures, and SMS or messaging services can overwhelm a network.

POF needs to polish their tools a bit, and I know they are working to be a profit dating site. Integration with advertising is essential. However personally advertising from other dating site is weird. It seems to me that local gathering holes could benefit by attracting advertising people who want to meet. Works like this.

I am a business place I place and ad with POF that suggest maybe a 30% special. When two people want to meet they click lets date box, and a window with multiple suggested dating locations and offers appears. The business end pays for the advertising, the date pays the business and gets a date. WIN WIN WIN. Fun too.

Maybe I should be an advertising EXECUTIVE. I am for hire!
 Larrytwa

Can someone explain fishing to me?
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:05:58 AM
I have traveled a bit on this vast planet and can honestly tell you that no if everyone literally fished all the worlds oceans, lakes, rivers, streams, that a very small chance that you would actually meet another soul on the water.

Now, with that knowledge if dating and fishing are synonymous words then one chance of actually meeting would be very small chance.

Now, on the up beat if one is fishing a few basic should be known.

1. Do you have the proper gear?
2. Have you prepared for all weather conditions?
3. Have you done the homework to understand the species you are fishing for?
4. If you did the homework did you prepare or get the proper bait?
5. Did you get out on time?
6. Do you know where to fish to get the best bite?

If you think your gear, tackle is prepared..........always ask an expert if you are ready. That normally in a women case a man not another women, and for men ask a women not your male buddy. If they are real they will give you good pointers and know your ready for the adventure.
 Larrytwa

how many of you guys...
Posted: 5/22/2012 11:48:09 PM
Walla Walla, my area of the world. Vegie's up yet? LOL

I find it interesting that in the ask a guy forum more WOMEN reply. Hmmm, I thought the concept of this forum was to "A S K ... A ... G U Y!" Did something change recently that I missed in the social circles.

Well, you are an Washingtonian cutie where were you about 30 years ago. Don't reply!

I think the majority answered your question. 3 - 5 message to meet at a club? This is a sexual request.

I am personally against the entire social network stuff. Cellphone, Facebook ect and I am a Network Engineer. I use to have 2 cellphones and 1 pager. Then I realized that nothing in life is so important that an immediate response is necessary. I think were creating multiple relationship problems and high tech relationship insecurities.

First text you get from a guy, should be responded simply by. My email addy is? Please send me a 200 word first date adventure? If a guy is interested seriously they will take the time. If he a player he will get you with 7 words and a smile.

haaa
 Larrytwa
Msg: 13 (view)

Why is it guys only want sex??
Posted: 5/22/2012 11:33:30 PM
Some interesting responses on this statement.

Well you came to ask a GUY right. I think I have been around the block...perhaps a few times too. :)

First to all those that commented about your statement you would walk / run if uncomfortable. Has nothing to do with your introspection of the percentage of men that want to bed you. As a man I would put this as a MAJOR red flag and maybe someone that a MAN hater.

Sex for men is simply driven by TESTOSTERONE a strong steroid naturally made to make people HORNY and to handle a few other body functions. For men, depending on diet, physical activities, and mental stimulants it general makes us go NUTS and search for a RELEASE.

Does that make sense?

So, before getting one panties in a ruffle, with all respect, for most men if we are not sexually attractive or stimulated then the opposite sex has little chance of normal relationship.

Look, all I am saying is this, if a man is sexually flirting he LIKES you which is a positive. Now you can steer the course from there, you can blow them off, tease back, or get involved if you choose. What I do know is most men will not proceed with a date without knowing that a physical relation is possible if you get involved.

Your a attractive young lady. It is no surprise you are attracting plenty of men fishes. :) Sort out the carp from the prize game.

Lar
 Larrytwa
Msg: 107 (view)

S/he has no health insurance. Dealbreaker?
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:33:20 AM
Extremely SHALLOW person.

WALMART should be banned in the US. If they want to be a CHINESE company then they should do so.

Wait, I guess 90% of the US companies are really Chinese companies... LIKE Apple, Microsoft, ect.

Health at our age.......who cares we all lived longer than we should have, at this stage every day should be a gift. If the REPUBLICAN had their way only multimillionaires would have any health coverage. Yes, the taxpayers would be required to pay for their services... you know like how the poor pay for Law Enforcement so they can protect the RICH who don't pay a dime for this service.
 Larrytwa

Missing profiles
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:09:52 AM
Advertisement is just that.

Allot of the girls on this site are paid BOTS. That is a computer generated profile with a picture paid for and used for advertisement. I know you have heard you pay for what you get. If you are using the free portion as most of us cheap SOB are, the higher end girls might have you filtered out.
 Larrytwa

Overheating pc
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:59:06 PM
Well said to all above. With over 20 years of server to desktop the magical question in electronic is and will always be HEAT.

Heat in a computer is simply the electronic components resistance over time. Much like your electric stove top, off the burner is cold and safe, turn it to high and in a couple of minute poof hot enough to start a fire.

Computer componants that build heat.

1. Video card. In high graphic mode and playing games or sophisticate graphics the GPU or graphic processor will produce extreme amount of heat. Check a XBox or PS3 after playing Call of Duty for 1/2 hour.

2. CPU or the computer brain. Make this puppy work and cook bacon in no time.

3. Chipset these are normally the north / south communication chips so if you are moving allot of data say DVD copying to Ethernet can produce extreme amount of heat.

4. Memory Chips

5. Power Supply

6. Periphals like DVD, CDROM, WIFI card.

The best solution is pay an expert to find the problem and help resolve the issue. Cleaning, and putting new thermal paste on electronic computer is more complicated then just spreading $10 for one ounce of special paste. If this paste is not put on correctly your thermal problem could increase and cause more potential problems.

All fan should have at least 1ooo rpm speed anything less would indicate a problem.
Good luck
 Larrytwa

He broke up with me over....
Posted: 4/23/2012 10:37:03 PM
Simple.

Thanks, but I am not ready to settle down somewhere else!

You are asking this man to make a HUGE risk and uproot his security and comfort in a time of ECONOMIC DEPRESSION.

You have kids too. WOW, 99% of the men would have to search deep in their heart to make that change.

I did.....................GOD I WISH I HAD NOT.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 14 (view)

a bit confused
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:15:56 AM
LOL

DRUGS, SEX, AND ROCK and ROLL.

With this one roll with the punches and let this wild child roll on. You should know you can fish for particular fish and get something else. Question at that point is, keep it, throw it back, kill it.

Re-bait and start trolling again.
 Larrytwa

Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/21/2012 2:24:03 AM
Glass houses.

Cute..... I understand the reason for the glasses but what a waste of time to upload one.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 1 (view)

Photo's and SUNGLASSES
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:53:40 AM
OK, since I view 99.9% women photo's this is directed to you gals.

SUNGLASSES and photo's do not go together at all. So please, please, us men want to see your eye's not some BUG plastic lenses. Post photo's of your face without those glasses.

I wish I could run around and be your photographer so that you gals would post appropriate photo's.

Picture in high view, with sunglasses, in the mirror, or some of the other strange photo's that do not represent you gals well is very, very distracting. If you are HEAVY well accept it if you want us men too. Gee, if we as a society cannot accept ourselves as we are what are we teaching our children? Messed up thinking.

This applies to men too.
 Larrytwa
Msg: 13 (view)

Do you think there is a double standard?
Posted: 4/21/2012 12:03:16 AM
ABSOLUTELY!

Men are suppose to play by old school rules and WOMEN now play by the mean GIRL school rules.

ABSOLUTELY double standards.

You get what you put into the world!
 Larrytwa

tying to understand men-please help!
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:46:38 PM
Hmm

Look, your photo are not the best display for you.

I am a guy, and no a frog did not get my attention. :)

Look, it is the art of body language and communication.

May I ask have you been seriously hurt in a former relationship? We are all human and the pain from the past often protect each and everyone of us from dealing with that pain. If you still have a heart broken.......... ONE must find peace with the past before moving forward and bringing that garbage into NEW potentially great relationship.

Also if you are a nature girl, go to nature and find those people that share your passion and similar hobbies. If you are mucking the bar then remember bars usually mean cheap one nighter and getting LAID. We wonder why in the US 87% of all marriages fail...............

It has been said one may seek a life time for LOVE but one minute of LOVE is worth waiting that long.

Good Luck
 Larrytwa

Eronuous emails sent to other user
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:26:58 PM
If this is an email you can block the user or put him in your spam filter.

I am a 20 year IT professional. This sight (POF) is not to be blamed for this so be open on the fact that some mail may not be warranted. However you do have the delete function and ignore function to help filter this from continuing.

Please do not allow one person to ruin your experience at POF
 Larrytwa

Help with Microsoft Word
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:17:00 PM
Yes, Open Office is free.

http://www.openoffice.org/

The main difference is Open office is HTTP / JAVA / XML which is OK.

You should get Office Professional with Outlook if you want an organizer and mail program. 2012 is available and cost is about $200.

I rather get the MS version over Open Office. I do not like being in a internet application all the time. On top of that Open office is more susceptible to malware and document theft if your PC is not properly Fire-walled off this is because you are in a Internet Browser all the time with Open Office.

Open Office is Free
MS Office 2008 -2010-2012 will run about $200 for professional. If you are in school get about $80 off.

Now a WOMEN with a lack of words. A mans wet dream....... wait if she has colorful words between the sheets ....HOT HOT HOT.
 Larrytwa

Ex-girlfriend issues
Posted: 4/20/2012 1:05:08 PM
Why does it seem that there are no guys that can be with just one woman?

WOW, that is a statement that GOES both way. Unless the person is having sex with same sex people, then it would simple come to this.

Men TESTOSTERONE level are 10 times that of women. Which mean we are HORNEY 10 times as much.

What I want to know is why after that testosterone swap to the women, why women always have 10 times the energy men do? I mean she up cleaning and dancing and we just want to watch FOOTBALL and chill for a couple of hours?

Relationship should be built on HEART but sex is in there somehow.

Here something interesting. One of the women magazine reported 61% of married women in a survey were having and affair and 76% of married men were having an affair. Hmmmmm that 137% of the people were having an affair.

So if you are married your having sex with multiple partners and your LOVE one. If you are single you cannot get laid because the MARRIED people are screwing all the available people.

The moral of the story is if you want allot of sex get married and quit complaining.....at least until the STD comes in or you get pregnant and do not know the father, or you father to other women that are married too.

SINGLE people............ BUMMER huh
 Larrytwa

Ex-girlfriend issues
Posted: 4/20/2012 12:16:34 PM
WOW!

Lord what a MESS right! Look who said the heart is deeper than the ocean blue?

I think you are not approaching this in the right perspective, and I apologize if I offend you in advance.

I think you need to schedule a relationship date. You arrange the place and time, it would be best if this was a place of quiet and no distraction, like a picnic in your favorite place. This allow your man to get his mind prepared cause no one likes to be BLOWN up with a scene.

In your preparation you should write in a journal your feelings and how betrayed you feel with his actions.

At the picnic you can prep the conversation by allowing him to know you have some nummy kisses and other suggestive idea's but he has to read your journal on your thoughts out loud. This cuts the under tone and allows for him...MAN to assimilate your feelings. If he into you at all he should respond the way you would like it too, if he doesn't. Well I am sorry sometime people come into people life for a minute, a month, or a life time or if you Love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, it never was, if it does it is for a life time.

The key to this is to keep quiet, let him do the talking. When he gets it done do not forget to tell him how you feel, and follow up with your nummy kisses if it goes well. If he chooses to go back to her you must let him go, and work through your emotions of relationship investment.

Friend Hug...........Good Luck
 Larrytwa

Who is telling us the truth?
Posted: 4/19/2012 11:58:48 PM
Hello

Interesting. I was always told that truth lies somewhere between head side and the tail side of a coin. You and I only have to determine how close to the truth we wish to get to it.

I think it fair to say truth and facts are confusing and often intertwined:

Fact is like math 1 + 1 = 2. People may challenge the fact but regardless of how one approaches the problem fact can be proven without question.

Truth is often a question of perspective and dealing with feelings. I love you...... is that a statement of understandable truth, or compassion, or show of friendship, lack of better communication skills, a joke, snob statement ect.

This is why truth lies somewhere between the top of the coin and the bottom. The challenge is to narrow that gap to as small as possible to agree between two or more that it is as close to truth as we can understand.

Show ALL Forums