Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Erosion of the language
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 1 (view)

Erosion of the language
Posted: 9/5/2009 10:37:45 AM
I've noticed quite a few people using the word "pimp" in their site names.

Do they know what it means?

This and other "names" seem to categorise them, in my view, of not having a very good understanding of the language.
Or do they do it because they want to "shock" ??
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 11 (view)

politicle correctness
Posted: 8/3/2009 5:21:57 AM
We don't have that here.

Black, white or brindle, you accept what is here and perform 100% to the best of your ability.

It's a bit like living in 1950's Britain before the numpties took control.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 835 (view)

Joke of the day !!
Posted: 8/2/2009 8:04:11 AM
Re 836 how to give a cat a pill.

You will need;

A. A large size rubber wellington boot.
B. A small amount of salmon fish paste.
C. Some vaseline.
D. the pill.

Method: Smear the salmon paste inside the boot and allow the cat to smell it and become curious, when the cat starts to look inside the boot for a possible treat, push it in smartly dip the pill in the vaseline and insert as you would a suppository.
If you are a dog lover rather than a cat lover, feel free to omit the vaseline.

Then stand well back.
If you have a dog he'd probably like to watch.

Happy administering.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 34 (view)

love in a foreign land??
Posted: 7/31/2009 10:53:42 AM
For God's sake tell her to wake up and smell the coffee.
He's probably working on two or three others at the same time.

As an aside, has anyone noticed the world doesn't have cooks anymore, they're all bloody "chefs".
22 year old chef = he who fries eggs and wants a passport to the promised land.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 10 (view)

Giving up drinking, is that sensible? Or boring?
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:45:13 AM
Ah yes Urban Flower, Getting drunk is wonderful fun, being drunk is another kettle of fish, don't you agree ?
 robormitchidontcarewhich

Health & safety again.
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:32:20 AM
According to a report in the Daily Telegraph 26/7/09 a hiker with a cut and bleeding knee was refused a plaster by two red cross workers on the grounds of health and safety.

When oh when is the United Kingdom going to get its act together and join the rest of the world in an advance on common sense?
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 3 (view)

Are National Lottery right to give artist grant to study womens bums?
Posted: 6/30/2009 4:30:52 AM
I don't give a damn a bout your questions ~Hams~ but I desperately want to see the results.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 2 (view)

Question to anyone who is involved with telephone sales
Posted: 6/30/2009 4:17:01 AM
Mrqravel I think your reply was spot on.

However many years ago I did telesales just to keep the roof on the house, it's a lousy thankless job, but at least they aren't just living on the state.
So whenever I get a call from them I'm at least polite and offer them some encouragement.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 29 (view)

One liners you regret
Posted: 6/23/2009 6:50:27 PM
As a pest control serviceman to a very very very posh lady client complaining that the ladies toilet had been sprayed with insecticide.

Me "Well that'll sort your crabs out"!

Very nearly got my P45 for that.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 4 (view)

Spam Spam Spam and more Spam
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:15:28 AM
Thanks for the replies folks.

Incidentally how did the title of my thread get changed ???
 robormitchidontcarewhich

If a spammer heaves a load of crap into my email address is there any way I can heave ten times the amount back to them?
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:47:03 AM
Like many people on this forum I've been inundated with Spam, no need to go into details.
Being very much a technophobe I have to put up with it.

What I'd like to know from the more techy members of the forum, is it possible to reverse it ?

That is to say if a spammer heaves a load of crap into my email address is there any way I can heave ten times the amount back to them ?

If it's possible to do that and bring their set up crashing down with an overload they're surely going to be beaten........

Would welcome any input on this problem.

Many thanks, Rob....
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 2 (view)

Are You Real In A Relationship?
Posted: 6/5/2009 7:18:22 AM
I never fart till the third date......
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 15 (view)

What do you do to cheer yourself up?
Posted: 6/2/2009 3:53:09 AM
I pop the cork on a good bottle of Margaret river red....................Because it makes me mellow.

I look at the UK forums..................because it lets me know how well off I am.

I then look at "Urban flowers" profile and wonder if I dare...........decide I need another good bottle for courage, and finally fall off my chair !! Boom Boom..

So I live my life between hangovers, lots of giggles and unrequited love.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 56 (view)

Are conditions like ADHD an excuse for parents who have naughty kids?
Posted: 5/28/2009 6:18:18 AM
I quite agree with you Willow.

The point that I was making is that too often it's the parents that are to blame not the children.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 9 (view)

How do you share the cost?
Posted: 5/28/2009 5:47:06 AM
Easy done really.

You say, "I'm taking this, that and the other to the picnic, what will you be bringing" ?

If she's from another country ask her to bring something that they might have at a picnic.

Nobody gets a red face or embarassed........
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 5/28/2009 5:39:22 AM
I've pretty well bitten my lip and kept quiet over this post but after reading three pages of drivel I have to speak up.

My personal feelings and experience put the bad behaviour of British children down to the p1ss poor standard of parenting in the UK.

Over the last couple of years we've had a large influx of British immigrants, notably young families with parents in their thirties or early forties, often with a family of three or four children under the age of ten.

Last year I spent in furniture retail and their presence was particularly noticable, on entering a store the children are just ignored, and allowed to do as they wish.
Consequently they run amok, hurtling around a shop as if it were an adventure playground, they wreck dislays, jump up and down on furniture are cheeky to staff and other customers, strew price tickets and movables all over the floor generally making an unwelcome nuisance of themselves.

Whilst I believe there are some cases of the syndrome, which as I mentioned in my earlier post I think have something to do with modern living in a Western society, I don't think all the children in a family would necessarily have the same condition.
And when you see the parents abdicate all responsibility it doesn't take much mathermatical genius to put two and two together and come up with the answer that a good clip under the ear would solve the problem rather than all the pshyco babble that's being spouted.

There is no substitute for decent parenting.

This week I've been following the story about madeline McCain, how can any parent leave children of that age unprotected?
Also read about the horrific end of Baby Peter, left to die in his blood spattered cot with a broken back !

I don't think ADHD is a problem with British children.
I think they have a far worse problem to contend with. Their parents.

Rob.....
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 3:50:18 AM
I do believe that most of the problems children have today are to do with diet and the enviroment.
All that you talk of in the way of syndroms were not around fifty years ago, and I don't mean that they were unrecognised.

For instance, asthma was a respitory problem seen once in a blue moon when I was a child. By the time my children went to school it'd reached epidemic proportions.

The only reason I can see for this was the rise in petro-chemical emmissions around the world.

Children today are being born into a world of air borne pollution together with food pollution.

I love my Grandson, but I don't think his will see the light of day

Sorry if this seems disjointed, incoherent or there are any spelling mistakes, but I'm well past wine-o-clock here.

R..............
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 25 (view)

do we deserve our bad rep
Posted: 5/24/2009 6:15:02 AM
British/English/ Scotsmen/Irishmen/Welch men have been hated on the other side of the channel for hundreds of years.

We're loud, very agressive and have a low tolerance of alchohol. Add to this an outlook that we're superior to any other race or nationality on the continent and you have your answer.

They hated us in 1346.
" " " " 1356.
" " " " 1415.
50/50 " " 1815.
Loved us in 1914.
And again in 1939.

Wait till the sh1t hits the fan again.
We arm all the Millwall supporters send them over there to sort it, and we'll be covered in kisses yet again.

Easy Peasy.......................
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 7 (view)

Is 12 Rolls Natural ?
Posted: 5/24/2009 5:46:48 AM
Move a woman into your life.

You'll go through a rainforest per week.

Ninety per cent of the Swedish economy is geared to ladies of the western world wanting to give their foo foo's a wipe after having a pee.

If you could train them to stamp their feet a couple of times after having a pee instead of reaching for the paper think how many Swedish Orang utans you could save from extinction.

Vote Green
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 8 (view)

do we deserve our bad rep
Posted: 5/24/2009 12:17:20 AM
Yep, sure do.

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but certainly worldwide, the UK is looking pretty ropey.

Going by the political scandal, and reading the letters in the newspapers and various blogs, a change might well come about.

I don't think I've ever seen the British electorate as furious as present.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 12 (view)

Is Twinings going bust ?
Posted: 5/14/2009 4:00:35 PM
Thanks for all the helpful posts, with a bit of luck it'll be back shortly.

R............
 robormitchidontcarewhich

Is Twinings going bust ?
Posted: 5/14/2009 4:58:03 AM
All the supermarkets in my town have stopped stocking my favourite brew, Twinings Aternoon Tea.

I enquired of a passing under manager what the situation was (we do sometimes get shortages on the edge of the world) he couldn't throw any light on the matter.
But hazarded a guess that Twinings was in trouble, just a whisper that he'd heard.

Can anyone throw any light on the matter, I really miss that brew.

Thanks Hope, that's comforting news.
 robormitchidontcarewhich

the actions of women
Posted: 5/12/2009 6:54:11 AM
Read your profile Bob, you come across as an individualist, but without a lot of charisma.
You need to put a bit of work in there. I believe there are a few "workshops" where you can improve on your self confidence, and how to project your persona, maybe worth a try ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Best of luck.................
 robormitchidontcarewhich

Return Of The Calendar Girls !!
Posted: 5/12/2009 2:52:20 AM
Outside, in the UK, in January ????????????

I wouldn't need a raisin scone to cover my modesty...............Just a raisin would do
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 36 (view)

Could you cope with Gordon Ramsey
Posted: 5/6/2009 5:53:58 AM
There's an awful lot of invective being channeled into this post, some of it quite amusing.

Let's put it into perspective.

Gordon Gobshite is a cook. He fries eggs for a living. Whilst doing so he screams abuse at those who are working around him. He's managed to convince some halfwits in the entertainment industry that this is first class entertainment.

They in turn give him time on the TV in order to expound his mantras, which consist of nothing much more than high volume abuse and obsceneties.
It was said that he was a footballer of note, who could "handle himself" and might pass out a few fat lips !

He failed at football, so took to frying eggs as a living.
He was smart enough to realise that in order to make agood living at it, it had to be made a bit out of the ordinary, hence the foul language and bullying tactics.

At the end of the day he's only another short order cook, but he's managed to convince the entertainment industry that he's a whizz.

It begs the question from those in the entertainment industry, What apart from Ronald McDonalds Happy Meals do they regard as Haute cusine ???
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 34 (view)

Workers who earn 150k or more to pay 50 percent tax...Is it Fair?
Posted: 4/23/2009 6:54:34 AM
In a word, Yes.

However different rules apply in the Antipodes, because it was your bankers (read that how you will) and politcians of the northern hemisphere that got the world into this state..
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 23 (view)

Breaking in!
Posted: 4/23/2009 5:33:17 AM
Where was your bike Trish?

Was it locked up indoors?

Have you upgraded your security?

Have you got your insurance money?

Have you replaced any stolen gear?

They'll be back in a couple of weeks!

Refer to Msg 12.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 6 (view)

Was store right to move its Cock Soup up to the top shelf?!
Posted: 4/22/2009 4:18:56 AM
OOOOH! Aitch Em do tell me more, where can I buy a container load, what different flavours etc etc etc.

R.....
 robormitchidontcarewhich

You & Teenage You
Posted: 4/22/2009 4:13:45 AM
I'm still the same, I was born this old, clutching a bus pass!
 robormitchidontcarewhich

Gordons Gravy Train !!
Posted: 4/22/2009 4:05:45 AM
Personally I agree with Pat Msg 3.

"most politicians are basically honest", I also don't believe there was anything called a "holocaust" in the nineteen forties, all tigers are really vegans, and Santa Claus will be back next 25/12.

I was really saddened to listen to Tony Blair's interview with the Pope where he complained that he had no recognition for his intervention in the politics of Northern Ireland.
Nor for his timely help in the middle east conflicts.

Quoted as saying "Do they call me Blair of the Belfast accord" ?......... NO!
" " " "Do they call me Blair the scourge of Zionists" ?.........NO!
" " " "But give one president a blowjob, and what do they call me...............
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 22 (view)

What wouldn't you do?
Posted: 4/21/2009 11:46:15 PM
I once worked in a Knackers yard, indescribably smelly and dirty, very hard work and long hours. Cleaning toilets would be a dream job after that.
But I had a mortgage to pay and small children to feed. So you get on and do what you have to.
On the plus side they were really ace blokes to work with, really fine people.

There are always plus sides to every job, do you remember a couple of years ago a necrophiliac woman in America worked in an undertakers. She absconded with one of the customers, and hid out in the desert, I believe they tracked her down with sniffer dogs.

Some girls will do anything for a good stiff one.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 21 (view)

Childrens Parties.
Posted: 4/21/2009 6:12:37 AM
What about a game of pin the bandaid on the chef's bum ?

Somewhat different from pin the tail on the donkey, hit the right spot and you get a bag of chips.

Just a thought.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 26 (view)

Heat sweat and a sore ass
Posted: 4/21/2009 4:53:38 AM
Msg 26 Pants.

Step. 5 Is that a "pit stop" or a spelling mistake?
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 6 (view)

Mobile - necessary or necessary evil?
Posted: 4/21/2009 4:48:20 AM
Funnily enough I've just been talking about this.
Arranging my date for the weekend.

I detest the damn things, a pox on humanity in my humble view.

And yet I own one!

However I wouldn't have a clue if it's working, or indeed how to work it.

It sits in the glove compartment of my car in case of emergencies, if I break down on a hill it gets shoved under the wheel to act as a chock.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 27 (view)

MEN who look way older than what they say
Posted: 4/21/2009 4:35:25 AM
On a slightly more serious note, I've seen people on dating sites with the same photo for X amount of years.

If howevever you've talked to them, decide to meet, and then get on with them, what then is the problem of age ?
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 22 (view)

MEN who look way older than what they say
Posted: 4/21/2009 3:46:24 AM
It all comes down to the genes.

As a young lad I wore very tight jeans. It did me no good.

Instead of putting down my real age, 30. 5 years, I've decided to say I'm 61, this way I hope I'll be able to pull a pullet in her fifties, and show my real feathers.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 35 (view)

what should me mate do ?
Posted: 4/21/2009 3:08:09 AM
I try, so, so hard not to be judgemental in life.But for you son I'm willing to make an exception.
You're a 100% wank3r, it's a shame your father wasn't.

Take your holidays, come to bunbury, and I'll organise a free vasectomy for you.
I'm oiling my chainsaw right now.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 45 (view)

Where would you live?
Posted: 4/19/2009 12:08:23 PM
A very interesting resurection Daft.

I'm very fortunate in having dual citizenship, so when my position in the UK became untenable I got on a plane and returned to the good life.

I talked to Pauline Mab on another thread, it sounds as if she's a prisoner in her own home. I couldn't live like that.

The Uk is a lovely country with so much to see and do, but at present I think it's best to avoid it.

I don't think it'll be long before people from various countries will be warned about visiting the UK, much the same as warning to travellers go out about visiting other third world countries.

R...
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 17 (view)

Does anyone want a noisy neighbour??
Posted: 4/19/2009 11:17:00 AM
Pauline, msg 11.

I would love to agree with you, but unfortunately I can't.
As you say the housing assocs know what is going on, incidents are reported to head offices and local police forces on a daily basis.
Depending where you live something or nothing will be done about it.

Where I lived in Rossington, south yorkshire the village/town had descended into an open prison.
And was left to rot by the police and local authorities.

My own view is that there is a larger agenda by local authorites and the goverment, what exactly it is I don't know.
But what I do know is that the decent members of society in the UK have been sold down the river, there is no redress of grievance, in short you're on your own.

I wish I could paint a more optimistic picture but you only have to trawl throught the posts on this forum over the last month or so to see the true picture of the UK in the first decade of the twentyfirst century.

R....
 robormitchidontcarewhich

Does anyone want a noisy neighbour??
Posted: 4/19/2009 10:21:13 AM
Yes yes yes to all that's been previously said.

I was for ten + years a housing estate manager in the UK, and I've seen it all.

The only way you can combat the scum is to treat them by their own standards.
Don't for an instant think you can reason with them, you can't, the only way you can deal with them is on their own level.

Whatever the problem is, whether it be noise or anti social behaviour, children out of control or hygiene problems, relying on councils, housing assocs or police to address the problem is pointless.

You have to steel yourself for the job, or bring in someone to do it for you.
It is really quite simple, you arm yourself with a reasonable "tool of the trade" such as a pickaxe handle, beat on their door until they open itThen inform them if they don't desist for evermore you'll beat them to a pulp.
When delivering the message use an excessive amount of anglo saxon expltetives to make your point.

I realise that this would not be the advice given out by police and local authorities, but I found it it the only effective method to deal with that sort of scum.

In the end I found I was losing the battle, I had the same problems at home that I had at work.
I'm extremely fortunate having dual citizenship so was able to get away from it, but I know only too well what you have to go through on a daily basis.

My view is that the UK is being turned into an open prison, and that the weakest will perish, painfully.

Best of luck, I hope you get it sorted, but I won't hold my breath.

R......
 robormitchidontcarewhich

Breaking in!
Posted: 4/19/2009 1:56:11 AM
My commiserations to you Trish, a very unpleasent happening.

Now a word of warning, upgrade your security to the max, there's always a possiblity that they'll return.

It happened to my daughter over the last few months.
1. Casual breakin, various high value small items stolen.
2. A fortnight later a further breakin, large items as the FS TV and other electrical items stolen.
3. A month later a further breakin and all the new goods replaced by the insurance payout were stolen.
This is quite common, dogs are the best deterrent, or a boyfriend in the Cosa Nostra.

Best of luck.

R.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 30 (view)

Avon calling
Posted: 4/17/2009 5:14:11 PM
I've heard that pile ointment is good for tightening up the skin.

I think I'll stick with the bags under my eyes though.
 robormitchidontcarewhich

Letting kids go/Cutting the a€pron strings.
Posted: 4/16/2009 8:50:25 AM
Also worth remembering is that they're your children and reflect your values and thought patterns.

If you treat them like adults they'll respond like adults.

Well, some of the time!
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 36 (view)

Abuse or not?
Posted: 4/16/2009 8:40:44 AM
Msgs 34 & 35.

The one thing that is obvious about your posts is that both of you are caring and committed parents.

I don't know if either of you suffered corporal punishment at school, it sounds unlikely.

However I think I should point out that whilst people who did experience it have a lot to say about it. In my experience it was not a regular occurence, certainly in junior schools a smack was administered by the class teacher in order to reinforce discipline, but a "leathering" by the head master was unheard of.
Whereas in secondary school, in most cases you were sent for a caning by the head master only after all other avenues of disciplinary action had been exhausted.

It wasn't a regular occurence, in fact was quite rare. Some posters would have you think that schools of my era resounded to the swish of the cane and screams of tortured children. Not so, in fact only the worst of the worst suffered the ignominy.
Any child that behaved themselves and did their work diligently had absolutely nothing to fear.

So the upshot of it is that schools in the past were not staffed by perverts intent on flogging their pupils, but rather by by decent men and women who had a real interest in seeing that the children in their care got the very best education that they could provide.

I rest my case for the cane.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 33 (view)

Abuse or not?
Posted: 4/16/2009 7:40:41 AM
Yes Hen, Msg 32.

The one thing that you have identified is that you had an interest in your childrens upbringing and behaviour.
That seems to be lacking in parents in the problem cases these days.

Whereas when corporal punishment was de riguer both the children and the parents knew where the lines were drawn.
Cross them and you payed the consequences.
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 28 (view)

Abuse or not?
Posted: 4/16/2009 7:11:44 AM
Fifty odd years ago I battled it out with my peers, and have a few scars still to show for it.

But never once did we resort to using knives, or god forbid, firearms to resolve our disputes.

Not for one instant am I saying caning in school would resolve the horrific incidents of childrens violence today.
But it does bring us back again to the questions of respect and discipline, which seem to be a recurring theme on these forums.
 robormitchidontcarewhich

Axe to grind
Posted: 4/16/2009 6:09:49 AM
Well ,yes.

There are some very strange folk out there, it doesn't just happen to a young woman like yourself.

It also happens to BOF's like myself, from ostensibly intelligent mature women.

I often think someone must've sprinkled chilli powder in their knickers !
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 25 (view)

Abuse or not?
Posted: 4/16/2009 6:00:38 AM
God knows how many millenia man has been on this earth and chastised his children with corporal punishment.

Only within this last thirty years has it become unacceptable.

Only within this last thirty years have we seen children taking over the world with uncontrolled savagery.

Something to think about ?
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 29 (view)

coarse language/ obsceneties
Posted: 4/13/2009 8:59:30 AM
Sorry I'm missing out on that one.

Msg. 26 what is the euphanism of a "Gordon Brown" ?

R....
 robormitchidontcarewhich
Msg: 30 (view)

What you growing this year flowers or food ?
Posted: 4/13/2009 8:23:36 AM
Grow lettuces and chilli plants in between your flowers,
they'll keep the weeds down as well as giving you a crop.
Try growing lettuce in a pot on your windowsill, it'll go on all summer, you just take the outside leaves and it'll keep on going.

Power to the greenies!

Show ALL Forums