Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away?
 star28
Msg: 67 (view)

What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away?
Posted: 10/9/2013 6:26:00 PM
BTW THAT WAS ME LAUGHING AT THE FIRST PAGE WHERE SOMEONE WROTE...
RUN FOREST RUNNNNNN!!! :)
 star28
Msg: 66 (view)

What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away?
Posted: 10/9/2013 6:25:06 PM
LMFAO!!!!
TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT, NOW THAT'S GOING TO BE RUNNING THROUGH MY HEAD EVERY TIME I MEET A GUY LIKE THAT WHICH IS ALWAYS!! FUNNY THO, THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!
 star28
Msg: 48 (view)

Is she not interested? busy? or mind games?
Posted: 7/22/2013 8:44:43 PM
Been in this situation with guys VERY often...

First off, she's getting a lot of messages so you may not be the only guy in the mix that she's checking out, and don't get upset about that, it's just what it's like for a woman with online dating.

Second, she said she's busy all week, what part of that didn't you understand? I'd think you were a doofus if I JUST said I'm busy all week and then you ask for one night that week, sorry I wouldn't offer up an alternative date when I JUST said I'm busy all week and you didn't listen... hello! in other words, you don't listen and this girl does not have time to explain it all to you nor does she want to because there might be 10 other guys who DID listen! no offence.

Thirdly, um holy impatient! no offence again but honestly that is a turn off, to me that says you don't really want to take a bit of time to get to know me and work with my schedule a bit... so it just says you are totally impatient, possibly looking for one thing, only cares about looks etc etc. I get a LOT of demanding guys and that is a MAJOR turn off, chill bill... one step at a time or not getting anywhere with me. So she might have just been trying to slow you down a bit.

And I do NOT agree that JUST because you have interest that you will automatically arrange to meet someone, no way, I have a busy life and work is my first priority, I have friend and family commitments, hobbies and things, and if you don't, then I kind of wonder if you are going to be a clingon. no offence again.

Either we get together when it works for both of us or we just don't get together. don't care how interested I am in you. and if you are THAT interested in her, dude LISTEN to what she says, slow the hell down and take it one step at a time.

btw bowling not a great idea for first meeting, try a coffee, and if things go well up it to a dinner.
 star28
Msg: 63 (view)

IS IT OK TO HAVE TWO GIRLFRIENDS?????
Posted: 11/12/2012 3:36:58 AM
Is it ok to have two boyfriends? :)
 star28
Msg: 10 (view)

Asian Lover?
Posted: 11/12/2012 3:13:44 AM
I've dated Asian men, I definitely had a thing for them for awhile lol!
They are usually clean cut nice guys with good jobs and nice families. Only thing I found is that they are all really looking to get married and have kids, it's a big thing. they are never really into just dating for awhile.
I think they are very cute! some of them :)
 star28
Msg: 53 (view)

What is a Player?
Posted: 11/12/2012 3:07:54 AM
Someone who lies to get what they want, usually sex. says the things they know you want to hear to get it. playa!

people who date around are not players in my opinion, that's the art of dating. unless both parties decide to be exclusive, then it's not really being a player, it's just dating.
 star28
Msg: 22 (view)

Astrological signs
Posted: 11/12/2012 2:58:16 AM
I am an Aries :) and was in a very long relationship with another Aries, not together now so I suppose that says it all :)

btw a lot of compatibility has to do with Moon signs as well, which is your emotional sign. Mine is Taurus so although I'm a fiesty Aries, I am also very cautious and rather slow to get into anything with anyone. Your Ascendent sign is also very indicative of your personality, mine is Gemini. Plus my Venus and Mars signs are both Gemini (look out!).

I do well with Libras and Sags who also have a cautious type of moon sign such as Capricorn. I don't do well with water signs, as friends yes some of the best friends, as a relationship I find them much too clingy for my taste.
YesI studied this a lot, just find it very interesting and honestly can spot a sign a mile away!
It's gotten to the point that I pretty much know what to expect from a guy and what to watch out for. it helps :)
 star28
Msg: 256 (view)

girl who wants to take it slow!
Posted: 3/23/2012 2:47:05 PM
My experience is guys are trying to get you into an exclusive relationship within a couple of dates which is exaspirating because we have no clue who you really are. Most guys objectify, put a woman on a pedestal or simply want a relationship sooo fast that they can't see who you really are and you can't see who they really are. Taking it slow means, let's get to know each other first PLEASE!!
Once you agree to exclusive that just leads to the next step and the next step and that is a HELL of a lot of pressure on a woman.
And I just love those guys who get mad or hurt when you say please slow it down and call you names like prude or tell you you have committment or trust issues... PLEASE!! I just laugh because I know it's just their hurt feelings coming out and THEIR need to control the situation.
I honestly tell men now that it could be a year before I am ready to even discuss marriage/kids and could be up to 6 months before I know if I really want this to be a serious relationship. This is my time frame, I am totally fine being casual during this time. If this is something you are not interested in or can deal with then feel free to walk away... As for sex, well yes that all depends on chemistry and sometimes you have crazy attraction to someone and very hard to control and sometimes it grows slowly. So if we're taking it slow with you there is still a good chance it can lead to sex. My motto is "easy come, easy go" relationships take work and it scares me when a man thinks it's ok to try and committ within the first few dates, sorry, I just think it takes more work and effort and communication and showing the real you and respect and getting to know each other efforts than just saying ok we've been out 2x let's be bf and gf...
Men don't understand this NOR do they care to LISTEN!!!! LISTEN!!! listen to what we are saying... just my two cents :)
 star28
Msg: 43 (view)

Being Needy and Clingy
Posted: 11/20/2011 8:51:12 PM
I agree, if the girl was not responding to you then it is most likely she either wasn't that interested in the first place or had already moved on in some way. I really wouldn't beat yourself up about it. I think it's perfectly normal to feel that way if someone is not responding to you the way you need them too, just means they are not for you.
I think as long as you are honest with whomever you get involved with then they should understand and if they don't they are not for you.

The best thing to do is really just move on, keep dating, fall in love again, the more times it happens the easier it is to deal with and you will learn in time how to be upfront and honest from the start about your expectations and will also recognize the signs that someone is not in as deeply as you are. However, it is best to just leave a girl alone if you have sent one text and she has not responded... just let it be. I know it's hard to do but really for the best.

Try to understand what your needs are in a relationship and be upfront about them... this will give you the best chance of finding someone for you.

Show ALL Forums