Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Mice droppings
 easyguy71
Msg: 45 (view)

Mice droppings
Posted: 4/3/2010 7:17:28 PM
Northern, the point of that steel wool, rust expansion thing was geared toward fixing a crack in a wall with it or packing concrete over it. Concrete is porous, allowing water in, rust sets in and then the crack is back. If you are stuffing cracks above ground level where water from the ground or rain won't get to it, that is different.
 easyguy71
Msg: 31 (view)

Autism and SB 3 - Stops reporting Mercury in Vaccines
Posted: 4/3/2010 6:58:14 PM
The newest of your sources is almost half a decade old. I try to rely on the latest info.

As for my background, I have raised for nine years a little girl who is autistic. Recognizing something was different about her before she was six months old but making the severe mistake of asking a question meant litterally, I got my head bitten off when I asked my wife is she may be retarded (meaning delayed). And so my mom, a former handicapped grouphome worker, was able to begin getting through to her and at age 2, my wife relented and testing came back with a clear diagnosis.
She is on the extreme range, so far not demonstrating any signs of aspergers. She at nine now has a vocabulary of about 2 dozen words and yes, she did have a typical vocal development up until about 18 months and lost it by the time she was 2. Motor development did not really develop until she was about five and now is quite good.
She is beginning to be able to identify the need to go to the bathroom when she's awake.
She demonstrates an uncanny ability to remember where we hid the chips last week and when we least expect it she is able to, with stealth, break into a locked room and happily munch away on her plain potato chips. Loves songs, dancing and is atypical in that she's quite sociable, consistantly happy and will give direct eye contact as she comes to get hugs and kisses. That was one issue that, contrary to anything you'll read about being non-invasive to their space, we were not willing to accept. After forcing her to give hugs and kisses, invading her space to force eye contact and using deep pressure hugs as a reward, she came around to liking the affection. Took a few years but she came around.

How about you? Tell me about your grandchild a bit.
 easyguy71
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 4/2/2010 9:11:00 PM
Cotter, keep reading. There are many more than just 2 articles.
I'm actually stunned as is my wife (nurse and med-lab tech qualified) about a person in the public health sector going around spreading fairy tales based on a feeling.

And I am still waiting for an accredited science center that offers proof of the shot being responsible for Autism.

Bambi,
You state that autism is on the decline. Where are you getting your numbers from?
 easyguy71
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 4/2/2010 9:52:52 AM
http://www.sciencedaily.com/search/?keyword=autism+vaccine

http://www.sciencedaily.com/search/?type=news&keyword=autism+mercury§ion=all&filename=&period=365&sort=relevance

Science daily is a compilation of university, governement and pubic sector science and development. You name it, it's in here if it is at all newsworthy.

Show me one shred of VALID evidence to back the vaccine being at all remotely responsible. Even the man who came up with the theory debunked it. Give it up and move on. Quit spreading false information. You do harm to society and their beliefs, waste valuable time and effort and contribute to hick medicine that "Old Aunt Velma swore by".....

Where are YOUR facts, figures and data from actual credited places? Not the Jenny McCarthy vomit she plagues the world with but true scientific data? Oh, that is right. There is nothing backing the rumor except an unwillingness of the population to accept hard science.
 easyguy71
Msg: 40 (view)

Mice droppings
Posted: 3/31/2010 8:52:33 PM
You put on rubber gloves.
You put some powder into a bucket
add water
mix.
You mix small batches at a time and use it right away. If you go to the link I had posted on household repairs, it gives a short video for you to see what to do, prep work, mixing and everything. Love that site.
 easyguy71
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2010 11:50:38 PM
Big difference between scientific fact and the daydreams of someone or even many someones who "feel" that it is wrong.

Show me the science. With a search you can find the science proving the theory false. You cannot find any documented science demonstrating it. There are hopes, ideas, "feelings" and such but no hard scientific fact. NONE.

Do you have anything to offer or do you just troll sensitive issues and conspiracy forums?
 easyguy71
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2010 7:45:23 PM
If that were indeed the case then continue lookint. This arguement has been disproven so many times, it's not funny.

And no, the childrens lives are not destroyed, they are different from yours or mine. Just because they most likely won't live up to YOUR standards of a good life, it does not mean THEIR lives are destroyed.

You really have no clue, do you?
 easyguy71
Msg: 83 (view)

Alberta.. or just GP..?
Posted: 3/28/2010 12:27:37 PM
Don't forget that those who go to suck the money out of a place are working and putting money in the local economy directly through spending, by keeping local companies going where they would have to shut down for lack of workers without outside workers and as well allow you to live in a place with improved services and more things to do, more stores to shop at, just more... needed to accomodate the extra workers.

Yes, they are there to make a living and their hearts may be somewhere else. But no, they do not suck the money out of your city. They allow your city to grow and thrive. Without the ones there now, you'd have to find some other group. Either way, you need them like they need you.

Just saying.... be realistic.
 easyguy71
Msg: 38 (view)

Mice droppings
Posted: 3/27/2010 10:54:09 PM
Actually, the best way is to fill the crack with a specific type of cement called "hydraulic cement"
It is a very durable and very fast curing cement made to fill in holes, cracked floors, cracked walls, etc and can even be used on a leaking hole or crack to seal and fill it without having to dig out the leak and dry things first.
Make small batches, use that and then mix more. This stuf starts curing in a matter of minutes. Home Depot carries it and only accept it if it is true Hydraulic Cement, not "it is the same thing as that stuff". Because nothing works like this stuff.

Here's where you can find more info on the repair. http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-stop-a-basement-wall-leak

As for steel wool, it's not a good idea. Rebar is embedded in concrete and must be a minimum 1 inch from an outside edge because concrete is porous and allows a small bit of moisture in. Steel rusts. The expansion rate of steel when it rusts is to that of 10x its original size (volume). Steel wool will do the same. And if you stuff a crack with it and then pack it from the inside, you are just letting the outside elements at it faster. It will work for a couple years and then be right back again.

I must not have been asleep the day they covered this in trades school! LOL
 easyguy71
Msg: 64 (view)

Alberta.. or just GP..?
Posted: 3/26/2010 12:45:15 AM
I was going to loan this fellow a shovel but it appears he can dig a hole pretty well on his own.

Bigger spoon to stir the pot better, perhaps?
 easyguy71
Msg: 60 (view)

Alberta.. or just GP..?
Posted: 3/25/2010 8:54:58 PM
Could the men who seem physically expired perhaps just be worn out from buying the toys and such needed to attract and retain the potential mates?
 easyguy71
Msg: 51 (view)

Alberta.. or just GP..?
Posted: 3/25/2010 9:33:20 AM
Vagabond wrote "that is one thing that came to my attention too, people are allowed to drive from age 16, and it is stimulated, cars are cheap, don't reqiure a lot of maintenance in order to be allowed on the road either..
oil economy is big here, it shows.."

Yes, that is Canada wide for the age and Alberta-wide for the vehicle maintenance standards.
You aren't old enough to drink or vote but you are old enough to own a vehicle that is in bad repair and pilot it through the population to the best of your abilities.
Partner that with the whole cell phone thing still being allowed as a distraction to the kids already out looking at the human scenery of springtime and it's just a wonderful mix.
 easyguy71
Msg: 48 (view)

Alberta.. or just GP..?
Posted: 3/25/2010 5:30:10 AM
I'm loving the double standards women put out about material things in this thread.
It is quite informative.
 easyguy71
Msg: 41 (view)

Alberta.. or just GP..?
Posted: 3/24/2010 12:05:57 PM
Maybe he just needs to stop looking where he currently does and start looking where he'd find girls less impressed by the wallet.

I agree after seeing family members and friends dating that the girls out here are in it for the buck. Some carry on even after they mature to women or have families. Felt bad for a lot of them and at work, a few co-workers simply went with the mail order brides. It was cheaper, both knew what they were expecting and most have learned to love after time together.

Try looking around at places where you wouldn't be there without social concern. Charities, groups to improve social conditions (Salvation Army, soup kitchens, neighborhood watch groups, libraries) and places where you expand your mind will have a higher ratio of ladies who don't base their feelings for you on your wallet and your toys.
 easyguy71
Msg: 12 (view)

Help.... skunks?
Posted: 3/24/2010 11:57:35 AM
Diamond,
any thoughts on getting live traps from animal control and simply getting rid of the problem?
Trap them for reloacation if you are so inclined, shoot them and dispose of them if that turns your crank.
Get a few badgers to live under there and they'll take care of all the rest of the critters.
 easyguy71
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 3/20/2010 9:15:47 PM
Post is now ... what? going on six years old and there still is not one viable, solid evidence piece of information linking either of these.

It's nice to feel in your heart of hearts that you have something to blame. Now move on, get on with raising your kids and give this pipe dream up.
The stats for and against are still the same. The tests are the same. The man who came up with the theory still has disproven his own theory. Parents and grandparents are still trying to play "who's to blame" because heaven forbid the studies actually making headway in genetic links to other diseases and conditions be proven to show that your own genes are causing autism to be more prevalent.
 easyguy71
Msg: 29 (view)

Daylight Savings Time
Posted: 3/15/2010 11:17:34 AM
Isn't it being carried on mainly to support farmers and bushworkers where the whole family contribute to the chores?
I had read somewhere that it was so that when the kidlets get home from school, they still have a bit of daylight to work by for a while in early winter/late winter.

But yes, for those of us who don't rely on it, it's dark when we go to work, it's dark when we come home from work.
Sometimes there is snow falling.
That's just what winter is.
 easyguy71
Msg: 13 (view)

How to impress
Posted: 3/12/2010 4:10:26 PM
Sambo,
Yes, she does. And she's ok with it.

Search out other forums and you'll see the reasoning.
 easyguy71
Msg: 3 (view)

How to impress
Posted: 3/10/2010 1:27:32 PM
Besides not bailing once you saw me?

To be honest, show up.
Don't expect to have all expenses paid. Most of us will do it, it's traditional. But it should not be expected. Offer to split a tab and let us decline your generous offer.

If all is going well and you want to go dancing/walk/other afterwards, spring for the first round of drinks or coffee to keep warm with.

Smile. Be cheerful. A random first kiss to break that ice if everything is going well.

Men are pretty simple and aren't conditioned to expect, want or feel comfortable receiving a small something or another. I think it'd be just wierd to many of us.

As you get to know us, something small but thoughtful associated with what we like.
Car show coming up? Does he like to cook? Maybe some spice blend you recommend and give a sample of, maybe some gourmet BBQ sauce. Casually find out his style of music and see if there is a concert or club with a live band.
If he lives with someone, maybe set their room-mate up on a double date. If it works out, you get the room-mate out of your hair!
 easyguy71
Msg: 15 (view)

What do you still do?
Posted: 3/10/2010 9:32:51 AM
Never Ending Story. Made every kid who saw it want a luck dragon named Falkor
 easyguy71
Msg: 8 (view)

What do you still do?
Posted: 3/9/2010 1:34:16 PM
Split open lemon creme cookies (like Oreos but white cookie with lemon icing) and lick the icing off the cookies.
Sit with my feet to the heat in a comfy chair with a blanket and doze off on a cold day. Used to be a fireplace and with the new home, it's a fake fireplace now (natural gas or electric, it's all good. but has to have the flickering flame look and odd snap/pop noises for the best dozing.
Fly kites.
Be fascinated with remote control... anything. Cars, trucks, boats, snowmobiles, planes.... I am big enough to drive the real thing but something about a good r/c toy.

Oh, and make faces at kids. They are now my sons friends instead of my friends but they are still kids.....
 easyguy71
Msg: 2 (view)

Skiing Beginner
Posted: 3/4/2010 1:19:29 PM
As a guy road trip ski adventure weekend? Then Jasper or Banff, they are both about the same distance from Edmonton.

As just somewhere to go give it a try? Edmonton's got 2 hills. Don't know if they are still open but they are good to give it a whirl and see if you'll like the sport.
One ski hill is at the pyramids just off downtown and the other is on the whitemud. You'll see it north of the highway.
 easyguy71
Msg: 6 (view)

The Nightmare of all dates, input PLEASE!!!
Posted: 3/2/2010 11:53:08 AM
I cannot get past the attitude that a date should be paid for by the men. Yes, we often opt to do this but this projected sense of deserving for it to be paid...... I just cannot get over that.
Equality means just that. First date, bad form for hung over. That is the only problem. Second date, well, has she ever had dates paid for? Then she's now on the hook for this one. No big deal.
Maybe she should limit first meets to something less formal or costly. A walk, a coffee or tea, maybe a game of billiards or pool knowing she's on the hook for half.

Lose that sense of entitlement though. It's most unattractive.
 easyguy71
Msg: 19 (view)

On a positive Alberta note: Nickleback!
Posted: 2/28/2010 7:54:49 PM
Nice to see they made it to the Olympic closing ceremonies!
 easyguy71
Msg: 10 (view)

Cute Doesn't Cut It ...
Posted: 2/28/2010 12:05:30 PM
Candice,
Some people here know that I have a 20 year successful open marriage, most of it sharing with my wife.
M.S. has consumed enough of her life now that having a sex life with her one on one is a rare thing itself. She encourages me to get out still rather than isolate myself from a lifestyle we both shared for so long. She also knows the dedication I do indeed have for being happy to keep on loving someone able to have sex perhaps a dozen times per year, not run from 2 children with diagnosed disabilities and continue being the best husband and dad I can be.
No, I am not looking to replace anything I have. I love what I have. Continue a 20 year successful lifestyle with my partners blessings and with someone who can understand and accept that? Sure thing. Cheating? Nope.

I don't discuss this as a rule because we all have issues in life and deal with them individually. Nobody needs yet another sob story.

I do practice what I preach. But it's nice to be judgemental on things you have no clue about and don't really have the ethics to question first and then make a judgement, isn't it?
 easyguy71
Msg: 14 (view)

Quit smoking and now looking at weight control.
Posted: 2/21/2010 9:14:58 PM
Haven't developed love handles. For some reason, it's pure belly. My back is still pretty lean and from behind, I've still got the V shape. It's kind of unusual really.
 easyguy71
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 2/19/2010 7:38:34 AM
Nachomama,
I hate machines as well. It just seems so... pointless. I need to accomplish something with my time, dang it! I think maybe extra walks with the dog and get in a couple five to ten minute bouts with the eliptical each week to start. Low impact stuff to get me used to moving more and more. With the eliptical, I can slowly work up the resistance to offer a harder workout each week.

Water seems to be something everyone agrees on, so lots of water it is! I will cut back to four or five coffee per day and have already cut my sugar in the coffee in half. Maybe I'll be able to cut back further and substitute with juices and waters? Or do other fluids like juices not really count as water even though they are fluids?

Keep low or no callorie munchies on hand. Get some veggies chopped up if I need them and at mealtime, drink a glass or 2 of water first, then eat.

Portion control.
So that I don't go nuts, 2x per week, hit Tim hortons and have a cookie or two.

Wish me luck!
 easyguy71
Msg: 32 (view)

Dr Phil's test
Posted: 2/18/2010 1:01:53 PM
49, the cusp between the 40-49 and the 50 plus score range.

I'd say either of those 2 descriptions fit me depending on the scenario, work or at home.

Fairly accurate.
 easyguy71
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 2/18/2010 12:08:23 PM
The dietary considerations I've already got on the go. Cut down red meat intake to about 2 times per week rather than daily, fish once or twice and pork or chicken the rest.
Bread isn't really something I do often, neither potatos or pasta. Carbs aren't too much an issue.
I am increasing my veggie intake as well.
My bane so far has been cookies. I love cookies. I can get rid of pies, chips, cake, donuts no problem. But sit a bag of Oreos or bear paws or such in the house and i will see the end of that box. Gotta find a way to substitute them for something else. I've been reducing it to one cookie instead of a handfull when I get the urge.
Coffee as well, cut my sugar into it in half. Tried splenda and ... no... that isn't going to happen in my coffee but for baked goods it's great!

Dusting off the eliptical and getting motivated to get on it is a bit of a challenge. If I were the type to sit and watch tv, that would be easy. It's just something I'll have to make time for. That plus when at work, reduce the desk-work and pick up on moving around doing inspections.

Keep those thoughts coming! I want every idea you've got!
 easyguy71
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 2/18/2010 10:32:46 AM
So after successfully quitting smoking, I'm looking at getting the body back to the shape it was in even six months ago.

What I'm hoping for are suggestions, tips, advice from people who have quit smoking and have had to deal with the slower metabolism, the added food cravings and such that go with it.
I'm not looking for simply "stop eating so much and get your butt on the eliptical!" but rather how long it takes to get it off, how hard is it to keep off, how much added workout time do you have to add to get rid of the pounds in a reasonable length of time. That kind of thing.
Any tips, suggestions or ideas, yes please!
 easyguy71
Msg: 39 (view)

Tesla and the electic aether motors for cars
Posted: 2/16/2010 11:51:00 AM
There's a difference between a sporting car and a sports car. My SUV is sporty. Does that make it a sportscar as well? Hardly.

There are only a handful of 4 door sports cars. Litterally. Only one off the top of my head would be the RX8.

Just because the CEO of Nissan is formerly a France native and from Renault as a background, doesn't make the GTR a Renault. If it truly were, do you not think they would have made and marketed the car that has Knocked Porsche from the top spot at Nurenberg? The only recorded car to cross Japan faster than the bullet train?

It's not about going fast in a straight line, Frank. It's not about where it's made either. It is about the feeling of the drive, the fact that the car is tuned to handle and drive to its capacity with the power plant that moves it. It's about the finesse of the ride, the fact that you must be a quality driver to put it fully through its paces.

If you cannot understand it, then you've never had the pleasure of driving a true sports car. Corvettes and the north american like are muscle cars. Ferrari and their like are supercars along with the GTR. The Miata, the Honda S2000, the BMW M5, these are examples of modern sports cars. Quick, not fast. They respond, they leap forward with what they have, they reign at a track if tuned and do exceptionally well overall with a well running stock setup.

Go drive one. Until you have, you just won't get it.
 easyguy71
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 2/15/2010 9:23:25 PM
Andy, the srt-4/cobalt ss/svt focus are not sportscars. They handle nicely and have decent performance but are definitely not a sports car.

from wordiq.com, "sports cars have two seats and two doors, and are designed to excel at a combination of acceleration, top speed, braking, and maneuverability."

wiki - "The term sports car has been defined as "an open, low-built, fast motor car."[1][2] The term describes a class of automobile with two seats, two doors, precise handling, brisk acceleration, and sharp braking — trading practical considerations such as passenger space, comfort, and cargo capacity — for driving enjoyment"

Ricer honda civics are not sports cars either.
Fiat, alfa romeo, Datsun 2000, honda s2000, datsun Z car heritage, mga, mgb, volvo p1800. These are sports cars.
 easyguy71

Invasion of privacy?
Posted: 2/13/2010 7:45:57 PM
Soon as I got 2 paragraphs into the first post, I tagged it as conspiracy theorist propoganda.
Half-truths blended with lies, misleading info and fearmongering.

Waste of a few minutes reading it.
Did make me grin and shake my head, though.
 easyguy71
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 2/13/2010 6:58:43 PM
Frank,

Sorry man. I do jap restos as a hobby. I know some say there's no replacement for displacement.
Personally, I think there's more to driving and sports cars than moving in a straight line. I'll keep my agility, thanks. Sixes are the most you'll ever see out of me!

Current project is a car that started at about 2200 lbs with engine stock.
 easyguy71
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 2/13/2010 12:19:09 PM
Frank, Italy's been making 4 banger sports cars for decades. So has Japan.
North American cars are too bulky and heavy to be fast on 4 cylinders. Get rid of all the toys going into a car and you can get decent performance with a 4.
Too much safety equipment, too much toy weight, too many power accessories.

Lotus offers a fine example of what a 4 banger can do.
 easyguy71
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 2/13/2010 8:47:25 AM
Andy,
Look up a car called the "Aptera"
Lot of buzz being created over it. Astounding range, good power. Worth a look-see!
 easyguy71
Msg: 20 (view)

For all the mechanics out there...
Posted: 2/10/2010 3:52:14 PM
rather than the lucal oil treatment, look up at NAPA a product called Seafoam.
One ten buck can covers the head top end (valve area), the oil, and the fuel system. Easy to use and very very effective.
 easyguy71
Msg: 16 (view)

For all the mechanics out there...
Posted: 2/9/2010 11:48:23 PM
It's actually pretty easy to yank and replace. Fast as well. If you have a garage you can get it done in a weekend with little to no experience in auto mechanics. Lable everything you disconnect both on the hose/plug/wire/cable/whatever and on the engine so you can compare it to the one on yours.

First thing I'd suggest doing is pulling the head cover off and looking to see what actually may be the problem. It could be something simple. Probably not (murphy's law) but you never know.

The addatives you put in there wouldn't have created the problem. If the previous owner never followed the maintenance schedule because timing chains/belts are expensive jobs to pay for, then there is a good chance it is the culprit. Part of why I would never ever buy a used econo-car these days. The kids have no clue how to take care of them and older guys see them as throw-aways.

check on www.kijiji.ca and you may find a good used engine or donor car.
 easyguy71
Msg: 4 (view)

Handy- type help please....fallen hood fan
Posted: 2/8/2010 11:49:07 PM
If the particle board is not too badly dammaged, mostly intact around the lip where the fan goes, then yes, there is a bonding agent made by 3M for household renovation type stuff. You need a caulking gun to apply it and may have to run a screw or 2 into the board again to hold the fan in place while the bonding agent sets (since it will be upside down, no?)

It does have the drawback of your not being able to get it off again without ripping things appart. So if the fan ever craps out, you're SOL. But if you have no worries about that or just need it to get through till the economy picks up when you can get it fixed properly, then it would work for you.

Home Depot and Canadian tire both sell it. It's in a black tube and marked as being for permanent bonding.
 easyguy71

Texting/emailing while with a friend
Posted: 2/7/2010 7:37:39 PM
How's she supposed to notice you paying attention to her if she's not paying attention?
 easyguy71
Msg: 2 (view)

Texting/emailing while with a friend
Posted: 2/5/2010 2:42:18 PM
Of course it is. Your friend is telling you a message that they can retrieve any time is more important to them than the person in front of them.

Try just walking away and when they notice and ask why, tell them. You don't think you should be second place to an inanimate object. It's like on the Simpsons when the employee of the month award at the nuclear plant went to an inanimate carbon rod over Homer who had never won the award.

Living things should get precidence.

And if she uses the arguement that the messages are from real people, point out she has a real person here in person and can answer IM's when in the can or on a bus or just about anywhere.
 easyguy71
Msg: 22 (view)

Best Beer?
Posted: 2/2/2010 1:03:15 PM
Sounds like Hippyhip likes Labatts products. Blue or 50 will produce your desired results, I'm sure!
For myself at home to relax, I like MGD from the bottle.
At a bar, either Molson Canadian or Rickards Red. Rickards first choice and then Canadian, so long as they are on tap.
And only by the small glasses. I don't drink much of very fast so I'd rather pay more to keep the glass fresher throught the night over a large tankard that's just going to go warm and stale.
 easyguy71

Stalking - and no pictures
Posted: 1/30/2010 3:34:03 PM
Get evidence he is responsible for any and all of those, document everything you can and then let the police and the stalking laws deal with it.
 easyguy71

Do you drive one???
Posted: 1/30/2010 10:01:32 AM
The supplier is indeed from Ontario using the American engineered plans for the Japanese company. It is indeed a multi-national screw-up!
 easyguy71
Msg: 5 (view)

Do you drive one???
Posted: 1/27/2010 11:43:18 PM
Have to side with Paper or Plastic on this one. Winters I am forced to drive my POS chev. Summers because I love my car I drive Datsun!
 easyguy71
Msg: 6 (view)

kids and concerts
Posted: 1/25/2010 11:24:29 AM
My son was hoping against hope that I could score some AC/DC tickets for the Rexall last year. And if I could have at a price appropriate to a ten year old going to a concert I would have. I'd love to go myself.

One thing I had to think long about was the culture of people she'll be exposed to. You are aware of that.
Are you also taking into consideration that she's still of an age where the impression she gets will shape who she developes to be? That you bringing her to see drunks, overblown druggies, fights, public nudity and possibly sex (I've seen it at concerts) etc... all the things that you wouldn't readily approve of her doing or coming home bragging about... those are the things you are bringing her to see as well. You are bringing her somewhere exciting and fun and worthy of bragging to her friends about. And you are exposing her to that side of the rock culture as well. You are telling her that it's OK by your actions and showing her what the "cool" people at concerts do. What she should do as well if she were die-hard at being one of those cool rock loving people who live that exciting life she saw at the concert, the biggest rush she'll probably have for a long long time.
Now you simply saying that those are not good examples is not going to cut it. You are one person, the culture is an entity unto itself.
Are you ready to endorse that in your daughter, to know that through her teen years as she potentially comes home under any or all of those conditions that you directly were the one to expose her, desensitize her to them and endorse that it is what the cool people do? If so, then continue thinking about it.
If you don't like the idea of a drunk or stoned daughter who thinks it is alright to live the "party like a rockstar" lifestyle with your full approval, then perhaps you should find different venues and different concerts that do promote what you'd like her to be.

She's 8. She's incredibly impressionable, she's insecure even if she doesn't show it and she craves approval not only from you but society.
My son is ten now.
These are some of the things I had to consider with him because someone told me to consider them. And while I've always believed my son is strong enough to make smart choices on his own, I still knew and continue to know that deep down, like it or not, they are all followers at that age.
 easyguy71

kids and concerts
Posted: 1/25/2010 1:13:36 AM
It's a tough call. Where is the concert? A mall concert would be ideal and a place that is licensed to serve alcohol a big no-no.
Seated concert hall/stadium? Sure! talk to the people holding it. Back east they used to try to encourage family seating in one area specifically to reduce exposure to the language, sex, drugs, alcohol, fights, etc... Maybe they do that here as well, don't know but worth asking, no?

She's a bit young in my opinion but I am not her parent. That is your choice. Mall concerts, sure. Outdoors stuff in a park, sure!
Big Valley Jambouree? umm... no. Rexall? Probably not.

What's the venue for the concert like?
 easyguy71

Wax your hands! It works
Posted: 1/22/2010 11:47:15 PM
Rig, try that zinc oxide stuff. It does sting some but not as bad as heavy perfumed stuff and it does work.
Ever see a baby's butt with diaper rash? This stuff takes care of that like nothing! It worked great for me and I'm a mechanic (hands in oil, chemicals, etc).
As well, try out penaten creme. It's best to warm it up first, it's very thick, very goopy and works. Ask any mom who's breastfed!
 easyguy71
Msg: 18 (view)

Question probably asked a million times:
Posted: 1/22/2010 8:42:30 AM
He may have just put his profile on hold.
My wife does that when her MS flares up too badly.

I'd say it's a strong indicator that he thinks you're definitely worth a second date with if he is still in touch with you.
 easyguy71
Msg: 33 (view)

Once trust has been broken in a relationship can it be fixed?
Posted: 1/22/2010 8:39:09 AM
You can come back from that line if you both want to, if you both work at it and if the one who had their trust abused is willing to not bring it up without just cause.

You've got to be prepaired to never again bring it up. That doesn't mean not being aware of it, not forgetting it and not being affected now and then by it.
But it does mean that you choose to move on.

Would you consider dating someone who's cheated in a previous relationship?
How about stolen? Gotten in a fight? Screwed a partner in a divorce?
If you are willing to get into a relationship with anyone who's ever done anything bad with intent to do that action to anyone, they have the ability to do it to you as well. You are just another person after all.
If you have the ability to look past a strangers shortcomings, their faults and to move past their history, why could you not do that for someone you do care about?

If they repeatedly walk all over you, that is a different situation. But for a single action that broke your trust, your faith... well... if you can do it for a stranger, .....

Show ALL Forums