Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Flat Earthers
 Dadbod_67
Msg: 33 (view)

Flat Earthers
Posted: 3/14/2019 6:40:32 PM
Of course you should! It never hurts to expand your circle of friends, no matter who you are.
 Dadbod_67
Msg: 31 (view)

Flat Earthers
Posted: 3/14/2019 8:37:12 AM
I'm not sure where I stand, honestly. Mostly I try to live a good life, be nice to people, and find interesting people to talk to =)

I've always thought that I'm a pretty open-minded person, and willing to entertain new things. That being said, it doesn't mean I change my mind whenever the wind changes directions, either.
 Dadbod_67
Msg: 32 (view)

Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 3/13/2019 1:39:11 PM
I'm sorry if this reply gets posted twice, something is going on with my computer:

I agree with Julystorm that asking those types of questions is a good idea, I didn't explain in my reply that I'm getting these types of questions an hour into our first meeting. Questions about how much my salary is, down to the dollar. About how much I paid for my house, what it was last appraised at, how much my payments are, down to the dollar. What my car is, how much I paid for it. All this an hour after I wasn't sure she was a real person, not just some random person I've texted with, you know>

I agree that asking "Life Stability" questions is a good idea, but maybe after we've dated for a while, or are thinking about moving in together or even married, but not before dessert has even gotten to our table, lol
 Dadbod_67
Msg: 28 (view)

Flat Earthers
Posted: 3/12/2019 10:35:53 PM
I read something the other day, saying that 99.9% of Flat Earth conversation is people making fun of Flat Earthers, while the other .1% is people actually believing in it.

What strikes me as interesting is that there are a long list of intellectuals claiming that they don't believe in anything that can't be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt. But, doesn't belief imply faith? Isn't faith the providence of religious people? Are they saying that they only put their faith in science? Ask an intellectual for their proof of a round world, and the first thing is a list of websites they can bring up.

Why did I join the Flat Earth society? Cuz they give great parties, where you can meet lots of interesting people with different points of view, and they won't make fun of you if you disagree with them. Do I believe the Earth is flat? No, I don't. I think t's round. But can I prove it either way? No, not me personally. I'm willing to admit that I don't know everything there is to know in the world.

I joined the Flat Earth society for the same reason I joined a local Bigfoot research party: Great parties, good people, running through the woods in the weekends we meet having fun.

I can honestly say that the "fringe" people are more accepting of people than "mainstream" people. They are just more used to thinking outside of the box, and new thoughts don't frighten them as much.
 Dadbod_67
Msg: 27 (view)

Plenty of Pervs
Posted: 3/12/2019 8:50:35 PM
But isn't it better to be up-front and honest about what you are looking for, rather than put the generic "I'm all that and a bag of chips, ladies!" Then find out later he's really into too-skinny, Asian, independently wealthy women that are looking for passports?

I've talked a lot of women here that start out seemingly nice, but after a short while the conversation turns to how much money I make, what my home is worth, how much a work in a week, and then it's not hard to figure out how quickly that ends.

No, it isn't any kind of bitter grapes on my part, but why start out showing one set of values, then when I start digging down, a whole other set of values presents itself?

Show ALL Forums