Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Where has Intimate encounter gone?
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 76 (view)

Where has Intimate encounter gone?
Posted: 2/24/2013 12:17:27 PM
IE is garbage anyway, not something you'd want to pay for. There are better sites for hookups than POF. POF should learn from other sites. I was on match, and it's nowhere near as colossal as POF has become. The reason.....it's free. Looks like OKC will be growing sooner rather than later.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 9 (view)

Extended Profile
Posted: 2/7/2013 4:53:31 PM
Lol, everyone here( at least in my area) are not into head games, are easy going, value friends and family, etc. If I had a dollar for every girl that says they're mature for their age, don't like drama, are not the typical girl, I'd be rich. I think assuming they'd put that on the profile is a safe bet, i don't need to see it.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 16 (view)

New Ultra Match Feature
Posted: 7/25/2011 9:28:34 PM
I didn't know there was a cutoff for matches based on height. Is this only in "My matches"? I think i've seen a girl or two under the "Will Respond" that was my same height.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 70 (view)

Car Door Test...
Posted: 6/5/2011 6:38:49 AM
With keyless entry in modern cars unlocking the doors is a thing of the past. For the most part if the passenger door is unlocked it's likely the drivers is already unlocked also. Lots of cars bring it standard nowadays. If you are taking the bus, then this doesn't apply.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 3 (view)

** Some enhancement suggestions
Posted: 6/5/2011 6:34:34 AM
Adding age verification would also not be bad idea. I've already encountered a couple profiles of girls under 18 and that's not cool. Spam and fake profiles will also decrease.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 5 (view)

Other Relationship too confusing?
Posted: 12/5/2010 8:58:06 PM
I always wondered why other relationship is put under same as Intimate Encounter. I have even asked some people that have Other Relationship marked, what they mean by OE. I think OE is redundant as mentioned above if it means Friends with Benefits. What is funny like the OP says, a lot of these people are actually looking for a relationship. I don't see why they don't have dating or Long term put on there. What could they possibly look for that's "other"?
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 28 (view)

Pat on the back hug at end of first date... was it really bad?
Posted: 10/22/2010 5:58:04 AM
I wouldn't put too much thought into it. If she gave the green light for the second date, you did something right. Lol at the kiss on first date. First date is a bit quick IMO, just get a feel for it and if the moment seems right go for it.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 8 (view)

How do you feel dating someone who's dating other people?
Posted: 10/22/2010 5:51:29 AM
Not enough reasons to stop dating. Op, you shouldn't even stop dating. Take it slow and relax.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 15 (view)

Do I Move On am i just a Friend?
Posted: 10/22/2010 5:48:46 AM
It's funny, some people say "make the move on the next date". My question is..What next date? The girl is doing all in her power for a next date not to exist. I still insist on moving on.
 L2hot4tv

First date and awkward moments?
Posted: 10/20/2010 6:11:58 AM
If you met online then it's normal. Meeting online makes it a bit more difficult for the first date IMO. As stated before, if you had fun go for it again.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 10 (view)

Do I Move On am i just a Friend?
Posted: 10/20/2010 6:07:47 AM
Yeah, you're coming on super strong and if she had her doubts about you, you confirmed them. If I were you I'd drop that ASAP, and start looking elsewhere.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 8 (view)

Over-protective parents?
Posted: 10/19/2010 7:32:47 AM
Yeah, sounds like a little girl. Up to you if you want to baby sit or date.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 26 (view)

sex noises and talking
Posted: 10/18/2010 5:35:38 PM
I'll just lay there and act like I'm dead. Women love it.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 6 (view)

Queefs
Posted: 10/18/2010 5:32:52 PM
It's normal, happens, move on. Unless you're 15, there really is no situation there.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 14 (view)

Old BF
Posted: 10/18/2010 7:07:45 AM
He might be having second thoughts about his actual s/o, or he's trying to get into your pants again. Either way, it will get messy so bring some Windex.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 5 (view)

Are there different levels of love?
Posted: 10/17/2010 8:47:21 AM

I wouldn't say so. I mean...people are allowed to believe in what they want to believe, but in my opinion, love is love. There are no different forms of it.

Actually there is. Most basic psychology/ human development books will touch on the subject. Put in the simplest way, you don't love your friends the same you love your parents, your partner/sex buddy/SO etc. As was said above, lust, love, etc.
 L2hot4tv

Online dating contact - First Steps
Posted: 10/17/2010 8:44:08 AM

I just give em my cell phone, I dont care.

The couple of whack jobs that tried to harass me ending up running away in fear.

I got no problems expressing myself.

x2, not for me. If you encounter a nut job, juts pull a Houdini. Not a big deal.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 18 (view)

How do I be tactful in this situation?
Posted: 10/16/2010 8:21:31 AM
I'd start, as suggested before, trying to find the reason it bothers you. You said he was always like that so what changed? You jealous? Are you changing? Is he changing? Maybe some space between you guys will help the situation? If you find he's juts annoying out of nowhere now,which is pretty weird, then just talk to him. If not then don't hang out with him anymore.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 25 (view)

I don't want to be mean, but ...
Posted: 10/16/2010 8:17:47 AM
it's guys like these that kill it for everyone else.Wow, what a freakin' creeper. If I were you i'd just ban him once and for all. If he didn't get the hint before he's not getting it now. The guy seems to be desperate, i feel bad but he really won't get it any other way.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 52 (view)

Are Men Intimidated by Confident Women???
Posted: 10/14/2010 9:52:35 PM
Yeah, something has to be done about the massive necro posting that goes on here.
 L2hot4tv

Interested, Not Interested button
Posted: 10/14/2010 7:21:40 AM
We have a meet me sections which is pretty much what you described. I will however say that I do fall victim to viewing profiles I'm not interested in. They change their picture and then come out in my suggested profiles, i click and bang, same profile I've passed over. It does get annoying but not enough to reformat anything. Just hit the back button.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 10 (view)

One amazing date, Now he's gone for 5 months
Posted: 10/13/2010 10:07:41 PM

OP- having been a military guy at one point myself, barring his being a Reserve or Nat'l Guard guy- he is going to be stationed somewhere else.

so unless you guys already had an established relationship, no matter how awesome the feeling was between the 2 of you....distance kills.

noone's fault.

I completely agree. Distance has been the culprit to the death of numerous well established relationships. Can you imagine what it'll do to a flimsy or non existent one? I would just keep dating, don't set yourself up for disappointment. If it happens in the future then great, if not then so be it too.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 25 (view)

women want men who arent available ??
Posted: 10/13/2010 10:36:48 AM
He's probably retro like that. Bringing back the 1800's is cool, plus it would explain why he's in a solid relationship at 19.
 L2hot4tv

confused ?
Posted: 10/13/2010 10:25:56 AM

Because online it was safe, it was a safe fantasy online relationship. Now it has to potential to turn "real." And that means responsibility and commitment and change. It means he has to live up to the personality he got you to see him as over 2 months of emailing.
Can't have that. That's too much work, and responsibility, effort, commitment, and change.

So time to come up with a story, and he just needs time to come up with something good to continue the fantasy, or make sure it leads to solely a short term gratifying relationship where its failure is either your fault, or no ones fault (but really your fault in his head).
Or he simply disappears because the fear of it becoming real is too much for him.

Sounds like a load of bull to me. Where do you get this from? A bit too intricate from the shallow details give. Are you the guy? Guy's wife? Cousin? It seems you got this dude on lock, to the last bit of his thinking.
 L2hot4tv

Too young to be serious?
Posted: 10/13/2010 7:00:41 AM
I thought Oldie locks up there was the OP. I lol'd, then noticed the comments. What happened to the original post?
 L2hot4tv

women want men who arent available ??
Posted: 10/13/2010 6:57:56 AM

1. they are stupid.

2. they are competitive & catty, and feel challenged by the idea that they might be able to capture your attention despite the obvious barriers. because that would prove just how special they really are. see, it's not really about you... it's about *them*. and you are merely an internet convenience, here to prove their point.... or so they hope.

3. they didn't bother to read the profile, but liked your picture.

4. they feel like it's safe to make comments, now that you are "taken".

5. it's most likely a combination of #1 and #2.

6. return to step 1.

lulz
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 30 (view)

Can women sense a drought?
Posted: 10/13/2010 6:56:34 AM
Believe it or not, when you go through dry spells your attitude and confidence changes. That's the reason why it just seems like you get more girls when you're committed. So in short yes, women can sense it(perceive it). Women, in general, are more socially aware than us guys. Where we would probably miss a couple of things, women see a lot more of the details. What they see may be anything from lack of confidence, bad posture, less risk taking, etc.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 19 (view)

Help! Please!
Posted: 10/12/2010 8:54:45 PM
With the new improvements you should be good. How often do you initiate contact?
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 2 (view)

confused ?
Posted: 10/12/2010 8:48:17 PM
Maybe he hasn't logged on, maybe moved on to bigger and better things. How long ago was this?
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 4 (view)

Not sure how to tweek the profile....helpful advice needed PLEASE!!
Posted: 10/11/2010 10:54:56 PM
Some of the pics are dark and I think one was hazy. Drop those part mentioned above. If I feel a girl has a nasty attitude when writing the profile, i won't even finish reading.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 22 (view)

Issues with Rejection?
Posted: 10/11/2010 4:53:49 PM
Now all of us are creeps ladies, a lot of use will get the message the first time around. I have gotten a few "sorry i'm not interested" and I just reply with a "Thank you for taking the time to respond". It's funny, then women say chivalry is dead, maybe that's cuz you guys are killing it yourselves.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 38 (view)

What happened to dating, when did it become so complicated?
Posted: 10/11/2010 4:50:40 PM

Some other things in this thread I noticed is again someone making a reference to "dating online" or "dating on the internet". You cannot "date" "online, or "on the internet"-you can come into mental contact/communication with people, but if you actually want to DATE-or even pursue some platonic activity with someone-you have to get OFFline.

Captain obvious, obviously you can't date online. When someone says online dating, they mean meeting online. This is loads different than finding dates in everyday life. I don't know if you've tried both but for example, when dating online there is no tone nor body language. A person may or may not be lying, may be bored, may be drunk, etc. You NEVER know! When you meet someone in real life, there's smiling, eye contact, tone from the get go. This takes immense amounts of pressure off the first official date, as opposed to online meeting.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 19 (view)

Issues with Rejection?
Posted: 10/11/2010 4:39:51 PM

Call me Roooooooooood ...........but that's your first mistake.

You don't owe them anything and if you don't like the photos or profile..you just make it worse.

Wrong. You might not owe them anything, but you should at least have the decency to say you're not interested. It's really not that hard and if they took the time to say something you should at least say "Thanks but not interested" or something.
 L2hot4tv

At the risk of sounding desperate...
Posted: 10/11/2010 11:53:25 AM

She already did, though, by giving him her new contact info. I think that was fine, but also that that's plenty.

People do that all the time, she could easily play it off; but only if it was mass texted or emailed. If she called him personally to give out the info then i don't think he's coming back.
 L2hot4tv

Issues with Rejection?
Posted: 10/11/2010 11:51:26 AM

Here is the thing. All my life I have had this very bad habit of formulating opinion about a person within minutes of meeting them in person..

That's not a bad habit. That's human nature and we all do it, impossible to get rid of. Sometimes we do change our perspectives though.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 10/11/2010 11:49:32 AM

I start topics hoping for a two sided discussion. If 50 people post and 25 are thinking the way I am while the other 25 has a different view. That to me was a topic worth posting and hopefully I would have looked at the topic from a view I might not have had I not started the thread. Debating the topic I like, it's when some poster tend to go off topic that I take issue. Attack all you want as long as it's within the context of the topic, I have never had a problem defending my point of view. Just stay on topic is all I ask. These threads are here for discussion, and it's perfectly ok to have different opinions.

I tip my off to you, see that hat i'm tipping in my pic is for you. I agree, not everyone will have the same views but that's what forums are all about. They help us broaden our horizons. I also never vote to close a thread, i think it's stupid. If you think the thread is dumb/uneccesary then don't post. All threads have a purpose and there should a rule about necro posting. I'm seeing threads from 2005 running around here.
 L2hot4tv

At the risk of sounding desperate...
Posted: 10/11/2010 11:44:36 AM
Well as opposed to everyone here, I beleive you should give it a second chance. Don't want to sound desperate? Contact him asking how he's doing, yada yada, you know small talk. You might have to extend the small talk if you do email/text since tone is hard to read, and body language impossible. If you notice that he's interested or at least reciprocating then you can move ahead. Tread with caution though as this is a critical situation and you might get used and maybe hurt. Use common sense, your people skills, and most importantly always trust your instinct. If something doens't seem right, it probably isn't.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 4 (view)

Issues with Rejection?
Posted: 10/11/2010 11:39:43 AM
Simple answer: Grow and pair and just reject. Ladies do it all the time.

More in depth: I think maybe you should just end it saying you had a great time, but you feel like there wasn't a connection. You know let them off as easy as you can.

If that fails, just tell them you're gay
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 63 (view)

Is Texting Cheating?
Posted: 10/11/2010 11:28:27 AM
For future reference, you should define cheating. Usually just keeping secrets from your partner is a form of cheating (there's a fine line though). Telling your partner about it, and keeping open communication to your partner about your convos with this guy, will protect you from the "one thing led to another" situation. Unless you don't care or are looking for it, in which case mods lock this thread up.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 14 (view)

First two dates 'unromantic' / lunch
Posted: 10/11/2010 6:32:57 AM
It seems everyone over analyzes and rushes everything. It's only your second date, relax. Don't expect to go "romantic" on the first couple of dates, you're just getting to know each other. Let things happen, don't force them. If you see it going nowhere, please analyze tone and body language not date content, then drop it and move on.
 L2hot4tv

Can someone figure this crazy guy out for me ?
Posted: 10/11/2010 6:29:29 AM
It's obvious he's attracted to the relationship as opposed to you, assuming you are correct that he wasn't physically attracted. I agree with run while you still can, this ex really fried his wiring.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 10/11/2010 6:24:01 AM

The problem? Fantasy land.

People think that life should be a fantasy - always happy, always everything going your way. That is not real life.

Hit the nail right on the head, but i think this applies mostly to the younger people only. This factored in with a couple other things, make dating a bit less pleasurable here online. I think meeting people in general is still the same.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 43 (view)

Unnecessarily mean rejection?
Posted: 10/9/2010 11:03:50 PM

On pof I messaged a girl asking her if she tried bungee jumping (it was one of her interests).

She replies, "Yes I did, if you're feeling suicidal you should try it first before doing the real thing."

I replied, "too bad your bungee cord didn't break"

LMFAO!
I lol'd OP, you are the freaking man!
 L2hot4tv

let's all get real
Posted: 10/9/2010 9:08:14 AM
I don't know why everyone's hating, but i think i know what the OP may be talking about. Anyone ever noticed the site is full of "down to earth" people who love to travel the world, are family oriented, and smart? It's impossible for everyone to meet those criteria in this place, where did everyone else go? Where did the " I nag the shit out of my boyfriends" go? Despite that, i will agree that we are here to sell ourselves in the best light OP, no one is going to say "I have a nasty habit of gambling all my money away".
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 23 (view)

Are you free? I need some advice.
Posted: 10/9/2010 8:48:39 AM
You should also hope she's not on the forums
 L2hot4tv

What should I do about this girl?
Posted: 10/9/2010 7:01:27 AM
What you're doing wrong begins with your mind state. I agree with everyone here that maybe you're coming off too strong, stop trying to bulldoze to the relationship. Boondock saint has a badass name and badass advice, but don't just act like you don't care, DON"T CARE. It might be hard but it works best when you get there. Also what you are doing wrong isn't a couple of words or timing, it's body language and tone. Unfortunately, body language and our tone give us away even if we try to hide something. That is probably the reason why you get so many hits on the site and then get dropped; the interwebz lacks a lot of cues so once you hit the streets on date, that's when they can really read you. As mentioned before do your thing and take everything one step at a time.
 L2hot4tv

Question about I am looking for a wife/husband?
Posted: 10/9/2010 6:38:49 AM
Simple question. Simple Answer. No.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 17 (view)

Keeping Girls Interested
Posted: 10/9/2010 6:32:42 AM
OP i think you're focusing on the wrong things here. How can the girls do you if you don't even do you? Just do you man, be yourself and have fun. Women are hard to read/understand but from what i've noticed is that they like guys who have it together. What I mean by that is that if your mood or emotional state depend on the women and their attention you're doomed to constant failure. Another thing I want to point out is everyone, and i mean EVERYONE, has their dry spells. Any guy that tells you different is either lying or lying.
 L2hot4tv

Interesting situation, imput advised
Posted: 10/9/2010 6:12:04 AM

Hmmmm...

5 years ago she chose someone else over you. That didn't work out, now she back ......

Advice? - why? some people never learn.....

I agree with this cat. OP, you obviously have some kind of feelings for this girl and she has the potential to screw you in more ways than 1. Advice? Carry a condom, have fun, hit it and continue life. If you get stuck on her and she moves on, like she's done before, i'll see you in your next thread.
 L2hot4tv
Msg: 30 (view)

Referred to himself as my boyfriend...
Posted: 10/8/2010 9:13:23 PM
Titles don't matter, if you guys are exclusive and steady you're his girlfriend.
/thread

Show ALL Forums