Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 160 (view)

Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?
Posted: 3/18/2019 8:39:00 PM

We have all heard these threatening messages, but, does this, "believe or you will go to Hell" message actually promote Supernatural beliefs?

Most people who preach condamnation onto others are the one’s who are trying to deal with sin themselves. That shows something that they are going through personally. They’re just projecting it onto other people.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 13 (view)

Honest question
Posted: 3/18/2019 7:09:14 PM

... Then it would seem to me, you are prepared to be dating no-one. Honestly, it seems like the last 30 years has seemed like some kind of baby boom. I think part of that is because our society has been thriving. There are many jobs, many with higher educations, and many women with high intellects and the desire to have children and continue working.

On the contrary, when there are many jobs, many with higher education, and many women with high intellects the birth rate declines. This is because the pursuit of higher education postpones plans for children and women don’t need to marry early in their lives if they can support themselves without a man. There are probably more single women with no children now than there ever was.

You need to really want to take on the responsibility of helping to raise somebody else’s children, otherwise it is a recipe for disaster. It’s not just something you should accept as necessary because you want to date.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 226 (view)

Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 3/17/2019 5:35:15 PM

A woman can lose weight. But they can rarely get rid of a rubbish personality.

Yes, a woman can lose weight, but the majority never do so. And if they do, most of the time they will not succeed in keeping those extra pounds off for a long time.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 223 (view)

Posted: 3/17/2019 4:16:25 PM

I suspect that it's a much smaller percentage then the percentage of women who care about a man's height.

Men might not care so much about woman’s height, but they will care about her horizontal width and girth.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 3 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 3/16/2019 3:19:10 PM
Thanks for the advice. I mentioned my views on chivalry because if I do message a woman and she responds, I think she should be aware of that. A relationship won’t work if we have different opinions about that. If a woman contacts me first, I agree it’s not necessary. I do view a lot of women, but very rarely does it show up on my account that a real woman, not a bot, viewed me.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 1 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 3/16/2019 2:03:49 PM
What do you think of my profile? Am I too average? I rarely get views other than bots and scammers. Or perhaps women are viewing my profile in hidden mode. I don’t know. This site is just a supplement to real-life dating, but it doesn’t seem like anybody is real here anymore. A few years ago I got a few dates on here.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 19 (view)

Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 3/15/2019 10:41:36 AM
My grandfather was from Eastern Europe. He married my grandmother when he was 30 and she was 18. At the time the age difference was not seen at all as creepy. That’s just the way that it was.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 65 (view)

Do muscles make it easier to attract women (srs question)
Posted: 3/11/2019 10:47:43 PM

OMG Who wants to sleep with a man who is letting his body go to hell.................he he.

Lol, people (both men and women) without perfect bodies who don’t exercise still have sex. There are couples that are both overweight and there are couples in which one person is overweight. Obviously some people don’t care as much as you do.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 3 (view)

Incels and MGTOW think they have it bad but what about LGBTQs?
Posted: 3/10/2019 12:02:19 PM
There are gay bars and dating sites that cater to LGBTQS. Women don’t experience the same thing as male incels because almost any women could get a hook up or one-night-stand if she wanted it. Male incels and MGTOWs tend to complain that women won’t have sex with them. It’s long-term relationships with men that women struggle to get.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 3/10/2019 10:40:15 AM

My father was a weightlifter. Most of the men I have been involved with worked to develop their muscles.
I very much appreciate muscular men, however they MUST have brains as well.

I can't stand women with stick arms - never mind men with stick arms.

Being a tiny women and always active, I have muscles. It would feel weird to be with a man who didn't.

One of my best friends husbands is a major weightlifter. He consumes bowls of rice with his meals,

Lol, do muscles make it easier to attract a man?
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 42 (view)

Bumble
Posted: 3/10/2019 10:37:30 AM
I like Bumble, since I tend to prefer women who don’t mind making the initial advance.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 16 (view)

Ageism, the last taboo
Posted: 3/10/2019 10:32:24 AM
Asperger’s Man, if I were you I’d be going for women 2-5 years younger than you. I also started dating later in my life, and I was afraid that my lack of experience would hold me back. Dating which leads to physical intimacy is actually a natural act - one in which you don’t need prior experience to be successful.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 231 (view)

Dating Etiquette of 21 century ADULTS
Posted: 3/10/2019 10:14:55 AM

It's within the realm of possibilities but not the norm and one dependent variable would be motiational level.

How do you know for sure that it’s not the norm? Do you have any statistics? I bet it’s more common than you think. A lot of women on this forum have said that they asked men out first. I’ve been asked out by women. Even if it’s not that common, it doesn’t mean that there’s something wrong with it.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 87 (view)

Female Led Relationships
Posted: 3/9/2019 4:14:25 PM

I learned to art of approach and that includes women who I didn't see look at me. In fact a women looking/smiling at you is not a guarantee of success. Who cares if you get rejected? Don't you apply for jobs that you want/qualify for even though you don't hear back? Your attitude stinks. You are basically saying confident guys who go after what they want are narcissistic because only women should give social cues since women are dominant and should make the 1st move. Men are suppose to make the move first.
Do some women reject men badly? Yes, a lot of women are attention whore's and get off at being cruel. But again..so what? But based on your logic I am not the "smartest man out there". I concur! But my IQ is at the gifted level so I don't feel bad:P

Ok, I see your point. Just because a man approaches a woman who isn’t giving him eye contact doesn’t make him narcissistic or stupid. If it works for you, keep doing it. All I can say is that it has never worked for me. I’ve never gotten a date with a woman that I approached first. The only dates I’ve had were when the woman approached me first. My ex-wife asked me out first. If that works for me, I don’t see why I should change. There’s nothing wrong with a woman making the first move if she wants to. Btw, I don’t have to worry about dying a virgin because I’m not one. What a lot of guys don’t understand is that they increase the likelihood that a woman will ask them out first by taking care of how they look- women are also visual creatures.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 82 (view)

Female Led Relationships
Posted: 3/9/2019 11:40:47 AM
^^^ I think NG was talking about guys who go to bars to get laid. Asking a woman to dance and asking to take her home are to different things.

or they are the men actually getting dates (and laid!)

Maybe some of them, but not all women are nice when it comes to rejecting strange men’s advances. I don’t want to risk a woman throwing her ice in my face. Would you approach strange men who may not be friendly?
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 153 (view)

Posted: 3/9/2019 11:34:21 AM

Men your age tend to prefer women half their age and slender. They delude themselves into believing that their average existence entitles them to the pick of the litter.

Some women prefer men with stable availability, more money (especially at your age), in better shape and yes, tallers and who who wants monogamy.

I don’t see your point, as I’ve seen overweight and low-income women with tall men. A woman doesn’t have to be above average to get a tall man, so why should a man have to be above average to get a slender or younger woman?
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 227 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2019 8:04:36 AM
^^^ I am single because I don’t desire to be in a long-term relationship right now. Thankfully I’ve never run into any entitled women who believe that a man should always pay or that it’s a sin to split the bill. I’ve only run into poliite women. If you believe whoever asks pays, then it’s best to take turns paying. If you can’t imagine a woman asking a man out first and paying for him, and then he returns the favour the next time, you do lack imagination.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 83 (view)

Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?
Posted: 3/7/2019 9:24:59 PM
Well, a lot of churches are institutions of hypocrisy. For example, Joel Osteen refused to open his church to flood victims, yet he lives in a million-dollar mansion funded by offerings from his fellow Christians. Could not all that money be put to better use?
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 145 (view)

Posted: 3/7/2019 9:14:02 PM

A lot of what makes a woman gorgeous is the clothes, makeup, and hairstyle. All those take money, something I really can't afford to do. "

Stop making excuses. Thrift stores, drug store cosmetics and you tube videos on hair styles are just as effective.

Be honest with yourself. Can't change what you don't first acknowledge.

Lol, if it was a man saying he can’t afford to date I’d bet you’d be telling him to “man up” and just get a better-paying job.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 225 (view)

Posted: 3/7/2019 8:07:33 PM

Another example of....."this is why I am single".

I never said I have a hard time getting a date.

Boy meets girl...they like each other...he pays cause he wants to show her how much he likes her. And then she pays for something else or does something nice back to show him she likes him. This goes back and forth for a while until they decide to be a couple and then they eventually ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after.

There’s nothing wrong with that, but there’s also nothing wrong with “ girl meets boy ... they like each other ... she pays cause she wants to show him how much she likes him. And then he pays for something else or does something nice back to show her he likes her ...”

Why do some women over-simplify things by only seeing one possibility? Maybe they lack imagination.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 222 (view)

Posted: 3/7/2019 9:35:49 AM

Don't engage Ms. Flowers in any serious debate. Her posting history is full of declarative judgmental statements about everyone else... "You are..." "You have..." "You will..." and rhetorical questions that she answers herself. She has a strong feminist view of almost everything, but people like that that never concede any faults about themselves are miserably anchored in their own worlds, not in real society.

Most moderate, realistic feminists are all about equality. They would insist on paying for themselves.

If she believes she doesn’t owe a man anything because he payed for her, she’s wrong. Women who expect a man to pay for them owe it to the man to show up to a date looking their best. This includes paying for all her cosmetics, jewelry, manicures, perfume, hair salon appointments, and fashionable clothing. A woman who does all that might actually end up paying a lot more than the cost of one dinner. It would probably be cheaper for these women to tone down their beauty enhancements and just split the bill.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 80 (view)

is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..
Posted: 3/7/2019 3:42:59 AM
This thread reminds me of when a lady body-builder poster with arms the size of my thighs told me that I shouldn’t take salsa lessons because I’ll come of as effeminate. How rich is that?
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 220 (view)

Posted: 3/7/2019 3:36:04 AM

smart lady- I bet that weeds out the boys from the men...

I’m pretty sure that if you have a penis, you’re a real man.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 78 (view)

Female Led Relationships
Posted: 3/6/2019 10:50:37 PM

1) A woman does not at all Have to give signs & hints. Otherwise, few women would complain about guys at the bar or online. :)

Online dating is different, as it’s impossible to use body language. The men who go to bars and approach strange women who aren’t giving them eye contact are either narcissistic or not the smartest guys out there.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 72 (view)

Female Led Relationships
Posted: 3/6/2019 8:24:25 AM
^^^ I disagree that men are usually the ones who initiate things. A woman has to give a man signs and hints that she’s interested in him in order that he knows that it’s alright to approach her. Women are the one’s who usually make the first move. Female leadership is not unnatural. Most anthropologists believe much of the human society was matriarchal before the domestication of cattle took place. Matriarchal societies still do exist, but they are the minority now.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 74 (view)

Posted: 3/5/2019 11:27:16 AM
Flipping the bird to somebody who cut you off has nothing to do with masculinity- it just means that you have an anger problem. Both men and women are capable of road rage.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 36 (view)

Does a female version of chivalry exist?
Posted: 3/5/2019 11:24:18 AM

Suffice it to say the lack of a "Mr Rodgers Neighborhood" show teaching morality and the decline of shows like "Sesame Street" teaching kids to read

Yes, Sesame Street was truly ahead of it’s time. Burt and Ernie are obviously gay - I mean, they kiss each other goodnight.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 61 (view)

Posted: 3/3/2019 9:16:39 AM

You have admitted you prefer to date IRL, so it is clear that you come here to incite and flame - the classic definition of a Troll, actually.

No, I’m here so I can ignore women’s messages.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 3/2/2019 8:36:01 AM
^^^ Well there are more men willing to pay to entertain women than there are women willing to pay to entertain men. That is a fact because we live in a patriarchal society. Quite a few women would agree to splitting the bill on a date, but not many would want to take over the chivalrous male role in wining and dining men. It is easier for a young, beautiful woman to get a date. She could be in a minimum wage job such as a waitress, but that won’t affect her dating prospects. Younger men just starting out on there own do have a harder time dating, if they haven’t made much money yet.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 66 (view)

Female Led Relationships
Posted: 3/1/2019 8:42:42 AM

Some women might like to be teh boss, but they dont really respect men who let them have the lead and take charge.

So a woman who leads in a relationship won’t respect the man? Following that logic shouldn’t it mean that when the man takes charge he won’t respect the woman either?
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 6 (view)

Flat Earthers
Posted: 2/28/2019 10:53:31 PM

as was already pointed out.....its mainly done for "fun", but it is also to re-capture a sense of nostalgia from a time (that has since been obliterated up by the age of discovery), where sailors feared falling off the edge of the earth if their vessel got too close...and told epic accounts of how they managed to avoid it.

most members are also members of other outlandish societies (some not so outlandish), which provides them a life of perpetual networking & travel..........sort of like a "meet up" on steroids

What’s so fun about promoting the false belief that the earth is flat? Anyways, I do belief that the guy who started it was quite serious. Conspiracy beliefs are actually more common than you think. I could be anybody- it could be your next-door neighbor. Perhaps people that adhere to such beliefs feel outside of society. My ex-wife was a very taken in with conspiracy theories - it drove me crazy.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 56 (view)

Oh, no ... The TROLL Nyckosi AKA Kissfromarose77 has returned to bash women.
Posted: 2/28/2019 8:56:03 AM

Well, you are wrong in your hypothesis, since studies show that women are more attracted to men with a feminine appearance, lucky for you.

I could show studies that say the opposite. It depends where it was taken, the age group, and the number of people surveyed. Maybe British women are more accepting of effeminate men. Their society seems to be more accepting of gay and transgender people as well.

Second, the reason spectrallight's headline is laughable, is because no "woman" would list cosmetics, eyebrow plucking, and nail painting as a hobby. That simply reveals how YOUR own view of women and their interests is extremely shallow (and laughable).

Oh, but they might list shoe shopping, fashion, and and romance novels as well interests.

Thirdly, you can't have it both ways. You state in Msg 64 that women are "seen as empowered" when they take on traditionally male roles. So, you think there is nothing really that feminine about women who like traditionally male pursuits, which is your idea of a putdown, yet you want us to believe you think women are "empowered"?

As long as a lot of people (men and women) continue to believe that there’s nothing masculine about a male feminist soyboy, I have a right to believe that.

In principle both men and women should be able to do what they want without being questioned about about their masculinity or feminist. Even my gender studies prof agreedrofile that society puts more restrictions on how men dress and behave. Their was a profile review here of a guy wearing a kilt, and he was the butt of more than one snide remark, and yes, from many women.

Come on, you just want to bash women, which is the main reason you are here now, and the reason you were here before to bash women as Nyckosi and Kissfromarose77.

I know Kissfromarose77, but who the hell’s Nyckosi?

Quit trying to hijack this thread and go somewhere else to whinge about your favorite topic - women having it easier than men.

Oh no! Unless you’re a moderator you’re not going to send me anywhere. By the way, I have talked to women who agree with me on this subject.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 2/27/2019 8:44:47 PM
^^^ Precisely my point. Women have more freedom of choice. A women engaging in traditional male activities is seen as empowered. A man who acts or looks feminine in any way is still seen as the funniest thing in the world.
 Kokanee_Ice

Flat Earthers
Posted: 2/27/2019 8:08:17 PM
Is the flat earth movement the end of society as we know it? How can somebody possibly believe that the earth is flat in 2019? It’s ranks have grown by 200 per year since 2009. Is this the ultimate conspiracy theory?
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 2/27/2019 1:06:16 PM
Wow, these days a woman is allowed to be whatever she wants, but a man still has to look and act like a stereotypical traditional male. I’ve seen so many profile pics of women hunting, shooting bows and arrows, climbing mountains, lifting weights- not exactly stereotypical female things to do either. The irony is that a lot of these women say that they’re attracted to “masculine” men, when there’s nothing really that feminine about themselves. If a guy said that his hobbies included cosmetics, eyebrow plucking, and nail painting how many responses do you think he’s going to get from women? I think that there’s a double standard there - a masculine woman can call herself a “Tom boy” and it’s seen as cute and kind of sexy. A feminine man gets derided.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 2/26/2019 8:09:17 PM

I don't think there's such a plethora of this as some condition, when counting the people in a gym. Do you survey them, asking them if they have a GF or FWB, or any FBuddies from time to time? :)

Ok, I see your point. But I do think that if guy does go to the gym regularly, he should do it because he enjoys it, not to get attention from women. If he does get more attention from women because of his muscles that would be a bonus.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 2/26/2019 7:32:41 PM

How do these rejects know the women are STILL on the site?

Because POF allows you to see if somebody else is online at the same time as you are logged into your account. These same women are always on-line. And quite often they never update their pics for years.

Why can't I find a woman who doesn't expect me to pay?

Nobody’s saying that. The last date that I went on the woman wanted to pay for me. It would feel awkward for me to accept that, so I suggested splitting the bill.

Your biggest issue is that you are "on the dole," have fantasized about moving to Sweden (where the benefits are higher for you), and just have no way to even properly take care of yourself. If you are looking for an equal, you should not have a hard time, but you may have to come down a cup size or two.

Huh, when did I say that? I’m an independent person with a steady job. I’m not looking for anybody to take care of me. I admire the Scandinavian governments’ way of making sure wealth is equality distributed. I wouldn’t mind paying more in taxes if it meant more benefits for society as a whole - for example, free post-secondary education and programs for elderly people. I do support a moderate form of socialism. That’s more of a political discussion- this is a dating forum.

My last partner had DDD’s. After her, I could never go back to dating a woman with a C-cup size.

I was being sarcastic. I was trying to show the irony of all the women on this saying that they could never go back to dating a man under 6’0 ft after they’ve been on POF. It’s funny how women only get their panties in a wad when it’s about men judging them by some physical physical attribute.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 2/26/2019 3:26:49 AM
There is scientific evidence that women do age faster than men. Men have thicker skin which is less prone to wrinkles and facial hair that helps to protect skin from sun damage. Of course there are always exceptions. In my area it seems like there’s a lack of good-looking women in their 40’s who date online.

Younger women tend to be less mature - that’s why choose bad boys. I never dated in high school, but every bully who ever came after me had a girlfriend.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 51 (view)

Female Led Relationships
Posted: 2/23/2019 4:17:14 PM

I want someone who says what he wants. I think that's something that bugged me so much about the last guy I dated. He just wanted to do whatever I wanted to do and I had to initiate everything.

Both people in a relationship should communicate effectively. I don’t think a man would like it either if a woman never initiated anything.
 Kokanee_Ice

We want too much from relationships
Posted: 2/23/2019 4:06:04 PM

I do think a great many women do use dating sites but I think many only go on for short stints before deleting their profiles.

I think you’re wrong about that. I’ve been on and off this site for years, and I keep seeing the same women who are online all the time.
 Kokanee_Ice

Posted: 2/23/2019 11:29:16 AM
It was my experience when I was younger, in my 20’s, that younger women will ignore the guy who’s polite and isn’t sexually aggressive. Most women eventually grow out of the phase of dating bad boys when they realize that their lives are all fvcked up became of it.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 2/23/2019 11:20:52 AM

My father was a weightlifter. Most of the men I have been involved with worked to develop their muscles.
I very much appreciate muscular men, however they MUST have brains as well.

I can't stand women with stick arms - never mind men with stick arms.

Being a tiny women and always active, I have muscles. It would feel weird to be with a man who didn't.

One of my best friends husbands is a major weightlifter. He consumes bowls of rice with his meals,

I don’t think most most men are attracted to body-builder-type arms on a woman. Men and women are attracted to different things - that’s shocking. That being said, there are plenty of men with muscles who spend all their free time at the gym and don’t go out and socialize with women. No wonder these men are still single - knowing how to interact with women is the most important skill a man can have when it comes to dating.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 2/23/2019 9:43:01 AM

To me this doesn't quantify as a time in history. Its current days in my opinion. And yes, there have always been small pockets of exceptions...this is life.

There have always been marriages where the woman was the more abusive partner. This is well-documented in medieval England. The difference was that men were publicly shamed for allowing their wives to beat them.

Do you get loads of women sending you pics of their genitals? Calling you a slag for not wanting to meet them? Saying you're ugly coz you won't interact sexually with them?

No, but I got messages from naked female bots saying, “Hey there;”. The only way I could get rid of them was to set a 50-character restriction on first messages.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 57 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/21/2019 9:49:11 AM
^^^ Exactly. Men are pretty honest when it comes to misogyny- they will make it pretty clear what they think about women. Women are more disingenuous when it comes to bashing men.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 55 (view)

Male SEQ/EEQ???
Posted: 2/21/2019 9:29:03 AM
Oh, a lot of generalizing about men also goes on here. Some women assume most men are only interested in sex, that the majority of men cheat, that men have more sexual partners than women, etc.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 2/21/2019 9:15:54 AM

there hasn't been a time in history when men needed the same level of protection (except from other men for the most part).

There are exceptions to everything - there are strong women and there are weak men. Who do you think would win in a fight between a female mma fighter and an average man? I’d bet on the female mma fighter.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 2/20/2019 2:02:26 PM
My last partner had DDD’s. After her, I could never go back to dating a woman with a C-cup size.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 2/20/2019 12:04:21 PM
Well, for shorter men there’s always Asian women. They don’t judge so much by height. Women who only date men much taller than them have it much harder - they have to compete for the taller men’s attention.
 Kokanee_Ice

Posted: 2/20/2019 10:09:26 AM
Does a female version of chivalry exist or are women capable of being chivalrous in the same manner as men? If we ask men to embrace their “feminine side” most would not because they would perceive this as a threat to their masculinity. However, chivalry teaches men to honor the gentler qualities of manhood. If chivalry is about courtesy and respect for others and a willingness to help the weak, I don’t see why women can’t also be chivalrous. Should women be able to open doors, pull out chairs, and pay for dates, or can they be chivalrous in other ways? My own opinion on this is both men and women are capable of expressing virtues in the same ways but society has indoctrinated us into thinking that we should express them differently.

Show ALL Forums