Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: TAUNTON SINGLES NIGHT FRIDAY 28TH JUNE
 smiler36
Msg: 2 (view)

TAUNTON SINGLES NIGHT FRIDAY 28TH JUNE
Posted: 6/1/2013 9:28:21 AM
Hi There

Am thinking about attending this event - can anyone reccomend and hotels etc within walking distance, lol

Would be great to meet beforehand somewhere, as get nervous at meeting new people ....

All replies are grateful :)
 smiler36
Msg: 3 (view)

TORQUAY SINGLES NIGHT 26TH APRIL
Posted: 3/29/2013 8:54:21 AM
Ah it a shame I will be in sunnier climates, otherwise I would have attended.

Hope there will be another one soon :)
 smiler36
Msg: 5 (view)

Birmingham's *BIG NEW YEARS EVE PARTY* 31st December 2012 - 9pm til 3am!!!
Posted: 12/16/2012 4:09:47 AM
I would love to go but dont want to be a billy no mates and havnt got anyone to take with me and havnt been to one before!!!!
 smiler36

CARDIFF SINGLES NIGHT 24th NOV
Posted: 11/2/2012 10:20:50 AM
Hey

I was looking out for this one as couldnt make the last one.

Am thinking of going but coming from Devon and do not know anyone - would be great to meet a few beforehand for a pre-drink warm-up! ;)
 smiler36
Msg: 18 (view)

Photos & comments of our July Single Mingle night at Lavish Plymouth
Posted: 10/12/2012 1:10:07 PM
Well, for the person that was refering to my picture with this guy, he is actually a nice guy who I met at the three crowns, where we all meet first and has remained a friend since, like all of my friends from this group. Without it, I wouldnt have had such great and happy memories since going to these nights out.

Maybe people shouldnt judge us by their own standards as this couldnt be further from the truth!!!

Oh and Julie and Jacqui do such really great in putting all of these nights together - well done girls :)
 smiler36
Msg: 10 (view)

singles meet highbridge somerset march 24th
Posted: 3/10/2012 8:53:12 AM
Hi

I am thinking about going to this - can someone recommend a good hotel - I do not mind paying a bit more for a nice hotel/room - I have googled places around and there are quite a few but just wondered if anyone has any recommendations

smiler36
Msg: 4 (view)

Birminghams Easter Party @ Flares - Sat 7th April - 9pm - 3am!!
Posted: 3/2/2012 2:12:57 AM
Hahahaha, yes I remember it very well - it was about me and another dancing around the pole - lol - some people are way to quick to judge - especially when they have never met, let alone spoken to them!!

Well Done Lou Lou - needs to be kept friendly ;)

Looking forward to another night of mayhem

smiler36
Msg: 20 (view)

Plymouth UK Singles Night Fri 2nd March 2012
Posted: 3/2/2012 1:13:14 AM
Hi

Looking forward to a good night - I normally go to the Birmingham meet and they are brilliant fun - but hasten to say, it is what you make it yourselves - get talking and who knows what might happen

See You All There for a few drinks

smiler36
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 2/18/2012 9:55:49 AM
Hi Julie

Thanks for the info - I was looking at the Continental as I went to the meet last year there. I shall be coming on my own so be great to meet before - maybe I will get details from you nearer the time :)

How far is it from the continential - I guess I better get a taxi in my high heels

smiler36

Posted: 2/18/2012 4:45:51 AM
Hiya

Am thinking about going to this - can anyone recommend somewhere that is within walking distance at all?

smiler36

Pics & Comments - Birmingham Valentines Party Sat 11th Feb
Posted: 2/12/2012 7:35:20 AM
Lou - wasnt it just - another great night at Flares - I love these nights and it gives us all a chance to catch up with everyone - perfect venue and the staff are fab - great way to meet new and old people - cant wait for the next one now

Always great fun and these nights are what you make of them - drinks a plenty were had last night - and one wanderer, lol

smiler36
Msg: 13 (view)

* BIRMINGHAM'S VALENTINES PARTY - FLARES ON SAT 11TH FEBRUARY 2012 9PM - 3AM *
Posted: 2/9/2012 9:44:39 AM
EXCUSEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this mention of London and not ????????????

haha - loves you really Debs

smiler36

BRISTOLS SINGLES NIGHT
Posted: 1/17/2012 10:01:19 AM
OOh, I might go to this one - was only saying to my friend on Sat night that it is a shame there are none in Bristol - crystal ball

Hope to meet some new people - come and say hi if you fancy a chat beforehand

smiler36

Plymouth UK Singles Night
Posted: 1/13/2012 1:51:07 PM
Ah, its such a shame I cannot make this one - would have loved to but definately will try for the next one.

Have fun everyone :)
 smiler36
Msg: 8 (view)

Somerset POF Singles Night - The Albion Inn Ashcott - 14th Jan 2012
Posted: 1/12/2012 1:18:04 PM
Maybe the dress code is "dress to impress"
 smiler36

Somerset POF Singles Night - The Albion Inn Ashcott - 14th Jan 2012
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:12:58 AM
Hey All

Im comimg from North Devon with a friend so hoping to have a few drinks and a boogie - look forward to seeing you all there

smiler36

Pics & Comments - Birmingham Flares Halloween Party - Sat 29th October
Posted: 11/2/2011 2:59:42 PM
Ahem Dave - did not even know you were going - sorry I missed you and Dean :(

Care to explain to me about your little comment, lol

Yep, we all had a good time, as per usual - look forward to the next one :)

smiler36

Pics & Comments - Birmingham Flares Halloween Party - Sat 29th October
Posted: 10/30/2011 2:24:11 PM
I just want to reiterate what Lou has said - it does not matter if you are at a pof meet or not, it is for the individual to ensure that all his/her possessions and not left unattended. The host cannot be held responsible for this at all - it is your responsibility.

On a much happier note - I had a fabby time with the girls and my room-mate - had such a scream, lol. There must be something that keeps me coming to these as I travel from Devon but have met some lovely people along the way :)

I hope you will continue these Lou - cannot imagine not going to Flares and having such fun like we always do

smiler36
Msg: 23 (view)

**BIRMINGHAM HALLOWEEN PARTY @ FLARES - SAT 29TH OCTOBER 2011 - 9PM TIL 3AM**
Posted: 10/28/2011 10:53:00 AM
London - ahem - where is my mention and I travel much further - some fooking friend!!!!!!!

I have my outfit sorted at last - so am sure we will all be looking great - bring on the****ails and messiness - I am up for it - are you???

See you all tomorrow - and Lou - I am not talking to you now!! (humph)

Text me when you leave

smiler36

Posted: 10/6/2011 2:57:13 PM
Yes,Yes, Yes ...............................Im 90% there Miss Lady Lou - not sure what I need to do - as it will be my first - can you let me know - I am a bit shy :)

Will not long be back from Turkey, again, so I should also have topped up my tan as was only there in August - whoop whoop - should be a good night

See you all there - if not at the Jury's

smiler36

Posted: 9/23/2011 10:27:12 AM
Hey LouLou

Its nice to see some lovely yummy men signed up for a change

Hopefully will get to this one, as you know - the last one was the first one I have ever missed - so need to make up for it in a big way

Oh and of course to show of my tan even more

Look forward to lots of

smiler36
Msg: 19 (view)

NORTH DEVON, *****MIX AND MINGLE****** FUN NIGHT - BARNSTAPLE -3rd SEPT
Posted: 9/2/2011 5:32:18 AM
Hi

I might be attending this - they are great nights - been too long

smiler36

FRIDAY 8TH JULY - SINGLES NIGHT - THE WREY ARMS, STICKLEPATH, EX31 2BX
Posted: 7/5/2011 9:08:21 AM
SORRY - I HAVE SENT AN EMAIL OUT PREVIOUSLY AS THIS EVENT HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES

smiler36

Profile Pictures
Posted: 6/28/2011 3:03:01 PM
Hey

Thanks for all your comments - has been intriguing reading them all

I found the comment that was made to me, quite off the cuff, etc, strange how he could think this by just some pictures - when in fact he couldnt be further from the truth etc- but everyone is different and each to their own etc, but as long as I know what kind of person I am etc, thats good - righ? lol

So thank you for your comments once again and maybe I will be posting a bit more from now on :)
 smiler36

Profile Pictures
Posted: 6/27/2011 11:52:23 AM
Oh Banterbunny - thank you - you are along the right lines, lol

Basically, I had a guy who said I was too full-on for him and asked how he came to that conclusion from my pictures, as in fact, im quite a shy person, deep down - I just like to enjoy life as its very precious and too short - learnt from experiences etc - so wondered how he could justify this - he said i would scare him, lol - didnt realise my pictures were so scary

He also told me it was my fault for having the pictures I do - I actually do not agree with him and will not change myself for no-one - did this in the past and it made me into a very unconfident person - which also people find hard to believe.

Everyone is different, I know, but I would never judge someone on their pictures, in this capacity, before meeting them

smiler36

Profile Pictures
Posted: 6/27/2011 11:02:51 AM
Yes thats what I thought Cinders - but the answer which should obviously be no - was the complete opposite, lol

Lets see who else thinks yes and no, lol

smiler36
Msg: 1 (view)

Profile Pictures
Posted: 6/27/2011 10:51:11 AM
This is one that intrigues me and gave me reason for deliberating about the other day :p

Can you really tell what a person is like by their profile picutre(s) or is it a case that you do not know someone (whether they have pictures or not) until you meet.

I will wait for some answers before revealing my answer to something which was said the other day, lol - just curios really tbh, lol

smiler36

FRIDAY 8TH JULY - SINGLES NIGHT - THE WREY ARMS, STICKLEPATH, EX31 2BX
Posted: 6/16/2011 11:31:34 PM
Hiya Tracy

Please dont worry about turning up on your own, many of us do and we have all been where you are now, lol

I am quite happy to take you - but I shall be leaving alot earlier as staying in the pub - maybe use me as a last resort.

Inbox me if you need any further details etc

Look forward to seeing you

Mandie
 smiler36

CANCELLED - FRIDAY 8TH JULY - SINGLES NIGHT - THE WREY ARMS, STICKLEPATH, EX31 2BX
Posted: 6/11/2011 7:04:23 AM
Hi All

Your chance to dance the night away to great music from a top DJ!

Yes we are hosting ANOTHER singles night here at the WREY ARMS in BARNSTAPLE on Friday 8th July 2011.

The address is :

The Wrey Arms
Sticklepath
Barnstaple
EX31 2BX

We are ideally situated for attendance from all over Devon and even Cornwall. In fact we have regulars who travel from Falmouth/Saltash and even from ‘up north’ in Minehead.

Is a great night out what you're after but feel a little too grown up to go clubbing? Do you like dancing but can't find the right opportunity or environment for yourself? Are you looking to meet someone special in a totally natural way? Then maybe one of our Party Nights could be perfect for you. A lot of our ladies prefer the security of single nights as it’s in a controlled environment and you can meet people at your leisure and then you can decide if you wish to take it to ‘date level’. We are proud to say that we have a fantastic success stories and it’s great to see these couples still attend on a social basis.

We have a nice venue that is safe but has the right ambiance and atmosphere for you, we put candles on the tables to give it a romantic feel, the drinks prices are good value and then add a top DJ, some great music and the chance for you to mix, mingle and meet with other singles and dance the night away until the wee small hours.

It's a winning formula and one that has attracted nearly a thousand different people to our events over the past 6 months - so if you're looking for some fun, some great music as well as the chance to make yourself some new mates and maybe meet someone special too, then come and join us!

The wrey arms is a very friendly pub and there is accommodation available too at discounted prices. ( much cheaper than travel lodge etc) just say you are there for the singles night when booking.

For those of you who have not attended a North Devon party yet, we normally have in the region of 200 people attend and we have a fantastic disco.

PLEASE NOTE - THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THIS EVENT

Just make sure you follow the link below and click on the ‘I AM ATTENDING’ button and you will be able to interact with others who are attending. And even post on the forum to introduce yourself and also to organise car share etc etc

So Please if you wish to attend then click on the button below and then you can interact with others who will be attending this popular event. And dont worry you are more than welcome to bring your other single friends even if they are not on POF.

The more the merrier ( just post on the forum and let me know how many are coming)

See you all there on Friday 8th July 2011

Mandie xx (party organiser)
 smiler36

~ ~ BIRMINGHAM - FLARES EARLY SUMMER PARTY - SUNDAY 29TH MAY 9pm - 3am ~ ~
Posted: 5/25/2011 4:26:54 PM
Hi Susan

You can bring non members as long as they are single, lol - these nights are really fab - you all will have a fabby time :drink:

smiler36

SINGLES NIGHT AT THE WREY ARMS, BARNSTAPLE, June 3, 2011
Posted: 5/22/2011 3:25:37 AM

Yes we are hosting ANOTHER singles night here at the WREY ARMS in BARNSTAPLE on Friday 3rd June.

The address is :

The Wrey Arms
Sticklepath
Barnstaple
EX31 2BX

We are ideally situated for attendance from all over Devon and even Cornwall. In fact we have regulars who travel from Falmouth/Saltash and even from ‘up north’ in Minehead.

Is a great night out what you're after but feel a little too grown up to go clubbing? Do you like dancing but can't find the right opportunity or environment for yourself? Are you looking to meet someone special in a totally natural way? Then maybe one of our Party Nights could be perfect for you. A lot of our ladies prefer the security of single nights as it’s in a controlled environment and you can meet people at your leisure and then you can decide if you wish to take it to ‘date level’. We are proud to say that we have a fantastic success stories and it’s great to see these couples still attend on a social basis.

We have a nice venue that is safe but has the right ambiance and atmosphere for you, we put candles on the tables to give it a romantic feel, the drinks prices are good value and then add a top DJ, some great music and the chance for you to mix, mingle and meet with other singles and dance the night away until the wee small hours.

It's a winning formula and one that has attracted nearly a thousand different people to our events over the past 6 months - so if you're looking for some fun, some great music as well as the chance to make yourself some new mates and maybe meet someone special too, then come and join us!

The wrey arms is a very friendly pub and there is accommodation available too at discounted prices. ( much cheaper than travel lodge etc) just say you are there for the singles night when booking.

For those of you who have not attended a North Devon party yet, we normally have in the region of 200 people attend and we have a fantastic disco with Martin King of North Devon.

PLEASE NOTE - THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THIS EVENT

Just make sure you follow the link below and click on the ‘I AM ATTENDING’ button and you will be able to interact with others who are attending. And even post on the forum to introduce yourself and also to organise car share etc etc

We are also arranging a summer barbecue and camp out, (kids are welcome) plus lots of other amazing fun stuff.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/AddPost.aspx?SID=3wjs4145a2znbp3pmphg2u3g&ForumID=97&party=1

Look forward to seeing you all then.

Fi and Mandie
 smiler36
Msg: 8 (view)

~ ~ BIRMINGHAM - FLARES EARLY SUMMER PARTY - SUNDAY 29TH MAY 9pm - 3am ~ ~
Posted: 5/17/2011 11:28:54 AM
Hope you all have a lovely time - have a few drinks for me

smiler36
Msg: 56 (view)

CARDIFF MAY BANK HOLIDAY MEET APRIL 30TH 2011 7-30PM TIL 2AM
Posted: 4/30/2011 2:28:14 AM
I did have a quick look on the net, but they were £60-70 - probably as left it too late, lol - well if anyone knows or can find any for me, lol - would be great!

Just with the travelling, would make it quite expensive - never mind - maybe next time, lol

smiler36
Msg: 55 (view)

CARDIFF MAY BANK HOLIDAY MEET APRIL 30TH 2011 7-30PM TIL 2AM
Posted: 4/30/2011 1:46:03 AM
Hi All

I was thinking about attending this one, but think I have left it too late as would need to book a room - anyone know of any cheapish hotels at last minute?

Thanks

I even have an outfit from a previous meet :p

x
 smiler36

* Birmingham Pics & Comments Easter Party 24th April *
Posted: 4/26/2011 10:44:11 AM
Hey ;)

A big thank you to Lou and Debs, as always, for arranging these great nights - it is a good way of making a great bunch of friends - I loved meeting you all again and making some new friends - hope you all had a fab time as I do, well I must as I drive all the way from Devon - who can say the same, lol.

This was my last one..............

Hope you all make the next one and pass the word around - they are really good but the saying goes - a party is only a party if you make it a party, lol

Mandie

x
 Smiler36
Msg: 32 (view)

* BIRMINGHAM EASTER PARTY, SUN 24TH APRIL @ FLARES NIGHTCLUB 9PM - 2AM *
Posted: 4/23/2011 11:04:12 PM
WHOOP WHOOP - IT'S FLARES TONIGHT - can't wIt to see my friends again and look forward to meeting new ones :)

For all of you travelling further afield - have safe journeys and see you all tonight

Let the party begun and the drinking take hold :p

;)
 smiler36
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2011 5:50:52 AM
Hiya

Annabella - we normally meet in the Weatherspoons (which is just across the road) around 4ish - but depends if Lou and Debs get their arses into gear to get there in time, lol - so quite happy to meet anyone if they do this - I am always there before them and have much further to travel, haha - therefore I get to have a few drinkies before they arive :)

Any problems - please contact me

smiler36

SINGLES NIGHT AT THE WREY ARMS, BARNSTAPLE - FRIDAY 6TH MAY 2011
Posted: 4/15/2011 1:39:10 PM

Yes we are hosting ANOTHER singles night here at the WREY ARMS in BARNSTAPLE on Friday 6th May; we are ideally situated for attendance from all over Devon and even Cornwall. In fact we have regulars who travel from Falmouth/Saltash and even from ‘up north’ in Minehead.

For those of you who have not attended a North Devon party yet, we normally have in the region of 200 people attend and we have a fantastic disco with Martin King of North Devon.

We are also arranging a summer barbecue and camp out, (kids are welcome) plus lots of other amazing fun stuff.

THE LINK IS : http://forums.plentyoffish.com/AddPost.aspx?SID=3vmwpfaxkgeffq45kreajs45&ForumID=97&party=1

Fi and Mandie
 smiler36

UNIFORM NIGHT - FRIDAY 8TH APRIL 2011 - The Wrey Arms, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX31 2BX
Posted: 4/8/2011 2:31:12 AM
Helloooooooooooooooooo Everyone

Not long to go now - I am off sunning myself as no work today - and couldnt have picked a better day! :)

I am sooooooooooooo looking forward to tonight and the outfit is sorted at last - hope you are all looking forward to tonight. I am looking forward to catching up with my party friends and making new ones - so come on - get your dancing shoes on - drinks a plenty and bring all your single friends ;)

Until tonight - see you all there

Mandie & Fi

Smiler36

UNIFORM NIGHT - FRIDAY 8TH APRIL 2011 - The Wrey Arms, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX31 2BX
Posted: 4/4/2011 11:21:49 AM
Hiya Gaz ;)

Welcome to the Madhouse, lol

These nights are really great fun and we are very friendly. My social life has improved immensely since I have been attending these - so make sure you come along - the more, the merrier!!!

It can be a bit daunting at first but we always make people feel at ease.

Look forward to seeing you and your friends on Friday.

Mandie
 smiler36

Posted: 3/28/2011 10:38:48 AM
Hiya Dave

Its good to see you have signed up - these meets have been going for a few months now - well since August 2010, and are normally held every month - they are great fun and everyone always enjoys themselves :P even a few relationships are going strong, lol - but I myself have made some good friends. So, will see you on 8th April hun - lots of newbies came last month, so you will not be on your own - we all start somewhere

smiler36
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 3/25/2011 12:51:40 AM
Hey Everyone - welcome Newbies - you will have such fun :)

Soooooooooooo looking forward to this - seems ages since the last one - Lou,Debs and Warren - I think I have decided that this Easter one in Brum is going to be my last - I have my reasons - so that decided - lets make it a great night, as per usual.

Mind you, think I shall just sit myself in the corner, like I normally do - being the shy, quiet, reserved kinda gal that I am

See You All Soon

x
 smiler36

Posted: 3/22/2011 3:52:39 PM
Hey - great to see a few more signed up - yep Tim and Bri - look forward to catching up with you again and lets get out clubbing in time, this time :P

Fiona - I am sure that nearer the time, if not before, there will be someone coming from Exeter or the surrounding areas.

Please tell all your single friends and get signed up - only need 5 more, then can send out a mass mail to everyone local, lol

BRING ON THE PARTY

smiler36

Posted: 3/22/2011 3:48:55 PM
Ah thanks (L) - you beat me to it, lol

Oh BTW - mine is a Tia Maria or Archers - lol - just in case you want to say thanks for our kindness, hehehe

smiler36

Posted: 3/22/2011 3:00:40 PM
Awww Ice - they are great fun but tbh they are what you make them - FUN!!!

We are always gentle - and I have made some great friends this way - dont worry about a thing - we will look after you and if there is anything you need to know or unsure about - we will be on hand to help.

Just remember - ENJOY AND HAVE FUN

smiler36

Posted: 3/13/2011 4:12:59 PM
Yep, it was a really great night hun - so looking forward to the next - maybe this time you should glue your shoes to your feet

BRING ON THE PARTY!!!!!!!!
 smiler36

Posted: 3/12/2011 12:52:44 PM
After having hosted many hugely successful singles nights, we thought it was time we tried something different. So to honour the many servicemen/woman, Nurses/doctors, Firemen/ladies, Police etc etc etc etc, we have decided to host a UNIFORM night on FRIDAY, 8TH APRIL 2011, where we can all dress up to support our favourite service. This is not compulsory but knowing the fun crowd which normally attend i am sure everyone will get into the spirit of things and dress up. After all the Wrey arms is a SSAFA ( soldier sailors, Air force association) charity pub. So we feel we should give them something back for all there support with plenty of fish and supporting our singles night.

So come on folks sort out your uniforms and lets have another fantastic night.

For those of you who have not attended a North Devon party yet, we normally have in the region of 200 people attend and we have a fantastic disco with martin king from the Voice of North Devon.

Just click below and show that you are attending and please feel free to enter into the banter on the forums and introduce yourself to others who are attending.
 smiler36
Msg: 19 (view)

Cardiff Valentine Meet 5th Feb Photo's and Thread
Posted: 3/9/2011 11:48:10 PM
Hey Boots

Any news on the Easter Meet?? Just wondered if you have any dates yet, as I have already one to go to around Easter, but am hoping this will not clash!!

smiler36

SWINDON SINGLES PARTY - THE BELL HOTEL - SATURDAY 9TH APRIL 2011
Posted: 3/7/2011 11:58:59 PM
Hey

I might see if I can get to this one - got another one to go to on the 8th, so hopefully I will not be too tired, lol

smiler36

SWINDON SINGLES PARTY - SATURDAY 5TH MARCH 2011 - THE BELL HOTEL, OLD TOWN, SWINDON...
Posted: 3/2/2011 11:32:19 PM
Hiya

I always look at this one, as seems like alot of fun - im nervous about coming on my own, although I have attended meets before, but there is another one, nearer to me - just cannot decide whether to try this one - but I get soooooooooo nervous attending these meets

x

Show ALL Forums