Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: cancelled 2 hrs before the date
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 206 (view)

cancelled 2 hrs before the date
Posted: 5/15/2019 10:02:05 AM
TPOYDIH, did you ever hear back again from the woman who was playing games with you ???
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 30 (view)

Ladies- about the endless texters/emailers-
Posted: 5/15/2019 9:47:57 AM

Games aren't merely about f'ing with people or trying to toy with them. Most games played are not in that direction, nor invented by our Eddie Haskel friends. Most are just by-products of our comfort-zone & "looking out for ourselves". We don't call or think about them as "games" then. Especially if a few concepts came from our wholesome Aunt Martha when we were growing up. But it doesn't mean it's not playing games.

Very true, although Aunt Martha didn't refer to the act of hinting as "playing games". She preferred to call it "flirting". 😉
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 603 (view)

Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 5/14/2019 5:05:16 PM

My 'correction' on it, is that pursuing is a 2-way street. The quote you put up there was about it being a 1-way street -- and that men do it, you as a lady shouldn't have to do it one iota. That -- I highly disagree with. Once the ball starts rolling, it takes two to tango. Unfortunately, that quote basically told the ladies that all the weight's on the guy.

This makes the most sense to me. Its pretty much in line with the analogy I made in the thread entitled "cancelled 2 hours before the date" that the dating process should be like a tennis match, with the ball being served back and forth between the man and woman.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 25 (view)

Ladies- about the endless texters/emailers-
Posted: 5/14/2019 9:28:01 AM
julystorm22, I'm not in agreement with you. The person with more power is the one who cares LESS. Look at the two cancelled date threads started by the same woman. She's fretting over his lack of interest in her. Its not the other way around.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 18 (view)

Dismissed Without Warning
Posted: 5/13/2019 3:29:07 PM
browneyesboo, I got a message similar to yours. I didn't respond to him even though I was tempted to tell him off. I just blocked him instead. This was before I started posting in the Pof forums, so not sure what could have set him off.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 12 (view)

Cancelled thread continuation
Posted: 5/13/2019 9:22:14 AM
Chrissi324, he doesn't care enough about you to play games. He is just NOT THAT INTO YOU. Period. Stop making him a priority when he is only making you an afterthought.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 10 (view)

Cancelled thread continuation
Posted: 5/13/2019 7:33:56 AM

Ceased contact with him

Not into playing games at all

He's not playing games. He's blatantly showing you that his interest in you is only lukewarm at the very best. You are way more interested in him than he is in you. You need to follow through on your resolve to cease contact with him. Block him so that he can't contact you ever again. He's just not worth all the angst he's causing you. Look for somebody else who shows stronger interest in you. You need a man who's willing to make definite plans to see you and doesn't flake out on you at the last minute.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 195 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2019 12:05:13 PM
Remember this?

But there was something also i didn't talk about in the beginning of this thread.
Before i went on a first date with him, another guy approached me on the site, same age, same area, also single dad.

This guy, asked to talk on the phone where he asked me out before i go on holiday and we said to set up a day and a time, but i never heard from him after that.

Betting his friend is the same guy who contacted you.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 126 (view)

problems with time wasters and unexplainable vanishing
Posted: 5/4/2019 2:52:21 PM
"Yeah I get the deal with most of that... but so what if a student sees you?
A bit of gentle ribbing perhaps, some whispers and sing maybe, I thought online dating was less 'taboo' now than it was seen in previous times."

More than gentle ribbing and whispers could be at stake. High school girls might pose as older just to persuade him to send them d**k pics. They could get him into trouble.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 118 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2019 8:36:14 AM
julystorm22 brought up a good point earlier, and its that some women suspect a man with no picture is hiding something and could be married or involved in a relationship.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 8 (view)

Pining over someone
Posted: 5/4/2019 7:24:42 AM
"I know breaking it off with him was the self-respecting thing to do, but still, it hurts. I want to stop thinking about him.
-And...No E.D. that was obvious after kissing just briefly on the second date."

He got your oxytocin flowing when he kissed you and you felt his arousal. Lust and the promise of sex temporarily muddled the waters of your rational thinking. You'll get over him soon enough.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 393 (view)

FAQ: How To Quote, Bold, Italicize and Underline your text - Practice Thread
Posted: 5/2/2019 8:26:06 PM

test

Cowboy???

I think he was talking to back_again4917. He's wearing a cowboy hat.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 15 (view)

Things that women get wrong..
Posted: 5/2/2019 2:26:28 PM
"The only point I'm trying to make is that dressing more conservatively COULD reduce a woman's chances of getting raped."

lazman102, this type of statement is very dangerous. Basically, you're giving rapists exactly what they're searching for: an excuse to be violent toward women.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 98 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2019 11:02:43 AM
"I even came across one woman's profile where she claimed in the About Me that she didn't judge people on looks.
And then at the bottom, one of her mail restrictions was ...."Must have a picture".
So, you don't judge people on looks, but you have to see their looks before you will even talk to them?
Another SMH moment."

fullmoonguy2, a picture is necessary to make sure you're who you say you are. For all she knows, you could be some 12 year old kid or a 90 year old man.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 45 (view)

Get it out of your head fool
Posted: 4/30/2019 1:04:22 PM
"Considering the word "former"......

Does that work the same for all professions?"

fullmoonguy2, no, but it could apply to a situation where the therapist still works in the same hospital where he's a patient. There is a chance that she could get reassigned back to his rehab department. That would be pretty awkward. There's an old saying......."Don't s**t where you eat." It makes a lot of sense in her situation.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2019 12:07:30 PM
"p.s. I wanted to get back an answer your post in the other thread about things guys can say but can't post because of the "2 in last 10 rule" lol"

adventurejoe70.......here's your chance to give me an example of what you mean by negging being part of the dating game. Inquiring minds want to know and all that good stuff. 😉
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 78 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2019 11:47:52 AM
“I’ve been told that insisting a woman pay her share of a bill comes off as unattractive and standoffish. Overall, I think women are more standoffish than men. Women have a longer list of requirements men need to pass in order to get a second date.”

Kokanee_Ice, if you invite women out and insist that they pay their share of the bill, you might come off to some of them as unattractive, but not standoffish. Standoffish means a person is aloof, emotionally closed off, unsociable or hard to get to know. Being standoffish has nothing to do with financial generosity, and women aren't any more standoffish than men. Furthermore, being selective and having a lot of requirements has nothing to do with being standoffish. Men can be just as selective as women.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2019 11:49:20 AM
norwegianguy456, it doesn't matter how he worded it. His asking his former occupational therapist out was inappropriate and it would be unethical for her to accept his offer. She still works in the same hospital where he's a patient, even though she was reassigned to another department. Its not the same thing as a man sending a woman flowers to her workplace.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 9 (view)

Second chance rip
Posted: 4/29/2019 10:21:38 AM
If I block an ex on messenger, I'm also going to block him on facebook. If I wanted him to see how well I was doing without him, it would mean I was still emotionally invested in him and still cared about his opinion of me. That's not indifference. Its why I'm a firm believer in making a clean break.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 6 (view)

Second chance rip
Posted: 4/29/2019 7:23:44 AM
You might have had a slim chance before, but now that she has cut off communication with you a second time you have none. Ask your friend not to intervene again. You need to move on with your life.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 13 (view)

Opinions from ladies on men wearing glasses please
Posted: 4/28/2019 12:06:25 PM
"The woman most likely to disapprove of you wearing glasses that let you see well would be an ugly one who would look better as a blur!"

Just because a woman doesn't like a man's prescription eyeglass frames, it doesn't mean she's ugly. It just means that she and the man have different tastes. Some people do wear glasses with frames that are very outdated and haven't been back in style for many years, the same as clothing.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 2 (view)

Second chance rip
Posted: 4/28/2019 11:28:43 AM
A possibility is that she no longer sees you as a threat to her current relationship since she's moving away with her boyfriend. If you're now on speaking terms with her, why not ask her this question.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 4/27/2019 2:48:30 PM
"Update: Since she was re-assigned to another rehab facility withing the hospital, I won't see her again. So, I e-mailed her through this thing that they have that allows you to message your providers. I thanked her for all her help, etc. I also asked her, but didn't really call it a date. Just something small, and fun. She hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I assume the answer is no. I was hoping for at least a blow-off, so maybe she's not as nice as I thought"

aquaandorange14, she wasn't as nice as you thought? You're the one who wasn't very nice. You didn't respect her level of professionalism as a therapist. Even if she was reassigned to another rehab facility, she's still working in the same hospital where you're a patient. You were completely wrongheaded.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 6 (view)

Sorry but I'm already talking to someone - genuine response or classic
Posted: 4/26/2019 4:14:50 PM
Some women probably think they're letting a man down easy by saying that they're already talking to someone instead of that they're not interested. The reasoning behind it is that he's less likely to take the rejection personally.
 wood_smell_as_sweet

Opinions from ladies on men wearing glasses please
Posted: 4/25/2019 11:18:12 AM
Men's retro glasses from the 1960s are my favorite. I like the horn rim "nerd" glasses on men. I wear cat eye frame glasses and get loads of compliments on them.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 181 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2019 10:46:10 AM
CroydonGirl, this man is only flattering you and telling you what you want to hear. He probably tells other women that they are sexy too. He is just stringing you along. You should stop replying to his texts and give your attention to men who make firm plans to see you.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 39 (view)

the dogs want to sniff my dogs
Posted: 4/25/2019 10:05:30 AM
Yesssssss.....she gets bitten by someone else's dog in her own driveway and its her fault. Hilarious.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 20 (view)

Why do I get more responses when I say something that isn't an overused cliché
Posted: 4/24/2019 9:22:35 AM
adventurejoe70, give me an example of what you mean by negging being part of the dating game. If you treat a woman disrespectfully, that could backfire on you. Some women won't put up with that b.s.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 167 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2019 9:06:17 AM
His dad's hospitalization is an interesting new development. He must have mentioned to you in previous conversation that his dad was sick. Yes?
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 7 (view)

How Hot other women are
Posted: 4/23/2019 1:37:53 PM
HealthGoddess, if you're just hanging out with him, maybe he doesn't know its supposed to be a date and he just thinks of you as a platonic friend. You say you have a connection with him but it sounds like its only on your end. You should either tell him you have feelings for him or end it. He is not a mind reader.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 159 (view)

Posted: 4/22/2019 10:44:26 AM
adventurejoe70, the main way I might be manipulated is if a man just flat out lied to me about his intentions. I don't think any of us, man or woman, is immune to being lied to because none of us can read minds. Having said that, there is certain disrespectful behavior that I refuse to tolerate. Canceling a date at the last minute without rescheduling it is just one example. It shows me that the man thinks my time is less valuable than his.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 35 (view)

Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/22/2019 9:58:33 AM
FFS38, there are other reasons than just asexuality for mutual lack of interest in sex. Age related health problems on the man's side, including low testosterone levels, ED or prostate issues combined with the woman's lack of interest due to age related health problems, including low hormone levels, menopausal dryness causing painful intercourse, excess weight, etc. can also play a role in it.
 wood_smell_as_sweet

Apparently Canada didn't get the memo:
Posted: 4/21/2019 8:29:06 PM
You can always take your business over to a pay site that doesn't discriminate against men, such as Match. That's probably what they would prefer you to do anyway, since Match now owns Pof.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 153 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2019 11:39:14 AM
TPOYDIH, I'm not arguing that point at all. That kind of odd and unexpected behavior from a man might work on me if I had shaky self-esteem. Fortunately for me, I don't fall into that category.

wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 148 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2019 10:59:04 AM
Well good luck with him. Personally, I wouldn't have stuck around after he canceled the date on me at the last minute and didn't make concrete plans for an alternate date, but that's just me.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 146 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2019 10:14:32 AM
As a woman, my take on the dating process is that its more like a tennis match, which is a game, rather than a dance. This is only my opinion and not meant to be an argument. If some other women are more comfortable using the analogy that dating is like a dance, that’s fine. The reason I don’t like to compare dating with dancing is that in many dances, when the man steps forward, the woman steps back, and when the woman steps forward, the man steps back. In my opinion people should do the opposite in the beginning stages of courtship.

In many dating situations, the best course of action, or strategy if you will, is if the man steps back, the woman should also step back. In other words, she should mirror his actions. In the case of a tennis match, if the man doesn’t return the woman’s serve, she should consider the game over, and leave the court. She shouldn’t stick around hoping he will eventually get around to picking up the ball again and serving it back to her. This of course, works both ways. If the woman doesn’t return the man’s serve, he should leave the court as well.

CroydonGirl, for whatever reason, this man dropped the ball. Its time to leave the court and find someone else who will return your interest.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 14 (view)

Told guy I am into him. Says he has gf but keeps trying to interact?
Posted: 4/20/2019 1:21:10 PM
ssm508, disagree about there being no ulterior motive on his end. Something isn't kosher about a guy showing that much interest in another woman when he is supposedly involved in a relationship. Especially after the woman has expressed romantic interest in him. No, its more than him just being cordial.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 128 (view)

Posted: 4/20/2019 12:03:49 PM
CroydonGirl, this new info is more than a bit strange. It definitely sounds like the man either had a second profile or he had a friend message you to see if you were willing to date more than one man at the same time. It was probably a test that he set up and you failed it. Looking back, that might not be such a bad thing.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 4/19/2019 9:43:53 AM
CroydonGirl.....the best strategy is to mirror the man's behavior. You should never show more interest in a man than he has shown in you. If he backs off, then you back off equally. Dating should be like a tennis match. If someone drops the ball, its game over. Leave the court.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 33 (view)

Sugar Daddy relationship all over POF
Posted: 4/18/2019 1:46:37 PM
RedWineNSteak, you are looking for a business partnership too. Monkey Business. 🐒
 wood_smell_as_sweet

Told guy I am into him. Says he has gf but keeps trying to interact?
Posted: 4/18/2019 1:15:01 PM
There could be several reasons why he's doing this.

A. He's having problems with his girlfriend and he wants to use you to make her jealous.

B. He's keeping you as a back up plan in case they break up.

C. He gets an ego boost from your attention.

D. He might want you as a side dish so he can cheat on his girlfriend.

E. He's looking for a threesome and she's in on it.
 wood_smell_as_sweet

Posted: 4/18/2019 9:53:13 AM
There's been an increasing number of incidents in my area where people are being bitten by urban Coyotes. It must be their fault. Small dogs are being attacked and killed by Coyotes too. The dogs must be at fault.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 4/17/2019 12:28:06 PM
Double Cabin, the issue isn't that dogs are being allowed in the workplace. The real issue is that poorly behaved dogs are being allowed in the workplace. It should not be up to the employees to earn the dog's obedience. Its the responsibility of the dog owners to teach their dogs good manners. I would not bring my dogs to work if they barked at people and licked at them.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 4 (view)

Prospect age range is way out of sync!
Posted: 4/17/2019 11:05:25 AM
scottdforyou, check her mail filters. If she set her age filter for men closer to her own age, or she set her distance filter for men closer to her own area, that might be why you cant contact her. :-(
 wood_smell_as_sweet

Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/16/2019 2:48:13 PM
A relationship is sexless only when one person wants sex and the other person does not. If neither person wants sex, the relationship is sex free. And its more common than people might think.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 4 (view)

Offline profiles
Posted: 4/13/2019 1:06:27 PM
Easiest way around the new profile viewing rule is to sign yourself in on the dating side of the site. It only takes a second.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 8 (view)

Dogs in the Workplace
Posted: 4/13/2019 9:48:56 AM
Hahahaha.....buy a bottle of bear urine and rub it all over the walls, carpet and furniture in your office. The scent will evaporate quickly so you won't smell it, but the dogs will still smell it and stay away.
 wood_smell_as_sweet

Offline profiles
Posted: 4/11/2019 7:20:00 PM
Pof has made it where the only way you can view profiles is if you are a member here. More people will probably sign up now. Its a new marketing ploy.
 wood_smell_as_sweet

App Recommending Inaccessible Users
Posted: 4/9/2019 1:29:55 PM
If you try to message someone more than 14 years younger than you are, you will get that message. Ive read in here that the age restrictions were imposed by the former owner of the site because young women were complaining about creepy old men hitting on them. Doubtful this will change anytime soon since the site has been sold to Match.
 wood_smell_as_sweet

Favorites
Posted: 4/5/2019 11:48:24 AM
A man added me to his favorites today but I can't message him because he is only 27. Very frustrating!!!

Show ALL Forums