Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Any future here?
 TheSeptemberMan
Msg: 17 (view)

Any future here?
Posted: 11/14/2010 2:11:19 AM
I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but this is going nowhere honey.

I don't feel comfortable talking about meeting because I don't know him well enough and he lives so far away. He also says that he is very emotional and he sends me texts asking me to give him compliments and make him feel good, which I find a little strange.

From your own mouth you have given 3 sufficient reasons for why there is no hope plus he has to ask you to give him compliments. He's insecure and to tolerate such behavior would indicate that can't do better which is not true.

Recommendation: Cut your loses and start over from scratch with the next guy!!!

The Septemberman
 TheSeptemberMan
Msg: 3 (view)

Profiles state dating or long term but.....
Posted: 11/14/2010 12:51:10 AM
Sure is Bull but that's human nature. Contradictory. Women send mixed messages to men all of the time. Besides the guy was a lamer 1) for asking for it and 2) because his intentions and approach were all wrong.

Its all bull but I'd be willing to bet 9 times out of 10 that if a man were to approach you and tell you what you'd like to hear... you still wouldn't sleep with him.

The Septemberman
 TheSeptemberMan
Msg: 95 (view)

STD/Mutual Testing Questions
Posted: 11/14/2010 12:07:13 AM
It's never unacceptable to ask a partner to be tested. You get what you want and if that's your requirement then your partner will be expected to comply in order to have sexual relations with you. Period!

The only problem you might have is finding a truly nice guy(sucker) with no ulterior motive who would willingly jump through that hoop to comply. Not saying it can't be done, just aware of the hurdle most guys don't feel like jumping.

The Septemberman
 TheSeptemberMan
Msg: 20 (view)

What is friendship?
Posted: 11/11/2010 6:45:59 AM
;) I'm back!!

The Septemberman
 TheSeptemberMan
Msg: 88 (view)

How do you let someone down easy?
Posted: 11/11/2010 6:37:42 AM
If it didn't feel right the first time, why did it take a third time to reconfirm what you already knew? When were you planning to get smart and cut the train loose?

A way to let him down easy you have two choices the direct way or the indirect way. If you're courageous enough meet him somewhere in public be confident, casual, and cool. Speak clearly and look him directly in the eye. Let him know you're not interested. Period. Say nothing after that. Should he ask you for a reason, give him one sufficient enough to not leave him wondering. Hopefully you can brainstorm and come up with a few prior to being asked that question.

The indirect way... just start distancing yourself, not immediately returning phone calls, staying very busy and out of sight. This could cause him to call you more and possibly show up but if he's smart he won't tolerate such behavior and be on his way without much fuss.

Both methods depend on which feels safer to you.

The Septemberman
 TheSeptemberMan
Msg: 48 (view)

CA Real Estate (#2)
Posted: 11/11/2010 6:01:36 AM
As a property inspector I'm amazed at where prices haven't falling much like certain pockets of orange county. It appears that most of the buyers are foreign and have a healthy supply of cash to play with. This upturn for RE prices, while in appearance looks promising will be short lived because it is not sustainable.

You have the wholesale, retail, and discount markets which are all reported and tracked differently. There's still a wave loaded with millions of foreclosures coming. Not to mention the long winded short sale process, and the clean up of REO's which aren't moving fast enough.

Any growth happening in this market right now feels like manipulation. Perhaps this is part of the soft landing the feds have been working on. Anyways sales have been pretty descent this last quarter because I've been very busy performing home inspections and I hope that is a trend that continues no matter where the real estate market goes.

The Septemberman

Show ALL Forums