Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Cancelled XMAS parties
 tongue-untied
Msg: 40 (view)

Cancelled XMAS parties
Posted: 11/14/2009 1:52:45 AM
10 years at the same company and have never went to a Xmas party.... I spend enough time with those ppl I work with to want to smoozsh with the VP's and their trophy wives....plus, too many drinks and next thing you know you told off a senior VP or hit on his wife....

But then again, my tongue is untied....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 295 (view)

older guys younger women
Posted: 3/26/2009 12:11:43 AM
This has turned into quite a debate....Here's my 2 cents.

If you are blessed with good looks, you will be attractive your whole life.... young and old...
 tongue-untied
Msg: 7 (view)

Stampede wrestling
Posted: 2/16/2009 12:49:20 PM
I remember seeing Andre the Giant at the old Edmonton Gardens. the match was over quicker than it started, but coming out the ring he put his foot right through the 1 1/2 inch wooden stairs ... good memories....waiting for the place to clear out at the end and climbing into the ring with my buddies.... Hawaiian Splash!!!!
 tongue-untied
Msg: 10 (view)

Recession Remedies
Posted: 1/21/2009 12:18:07 PM
While listening to Obama's inaugeration speech yesterday, it made think....." Holy crap.... this is going to be a tough couple of years before we bounce back economically..." Alberta is in the best position in North America right now.... We have the resources that the world needs right now, always have, I guess... We have it all... oil, gas, farming, forestry.... But we here are not immune to this problem... Jobs are already being lost in Alberta because of this... But look at the 70's during the last oil boom, ppl were still coming here and making ALOT of money while others were not... it tanked too, hard times for a few years, but it bounced back... but greed starts recessions, quite frankly...
easyguy, I agree... I was in Ft Mac {Crack} for work and everything is hiked up... A girl I met had a 2 bedroom apt and a $2350 a mth rent!!!! plus utilities, phone,food, ect.... Same place here in Edmonton would be barely 800-1000 .... she had 3 jobs...

When shopping, start looking a cheaper alternatives, conserve fuel, don't overindulge, cross your fingers....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 1239 (view)

Hemsky is a hockey god!!!
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:29:16 AM
Let's just hope that this all-star break does not fizzle the hot streak. It's happened before where we were on a roll before the break and then began to fall apart after the break...After last nights game, I think we are starting to gel and we are kicking ass... Everyone is contributing.... and hey, how about that header by Roli???? awesome....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 20 (view)

I'm a musician and I fell for a deaf girl...
Posted: 1/20/2009 4:47:34 AM
Obviously, if I fell for a woman who is hearing impaired, then I'm not looking for an audience. I'm looking at a woman I care about and just wish she could have had a better start in life that so many of us take for granted.... Nobody in this world is perfect, I sure as hell am not. We take what we are given and run with it, and I was given the gift of being able to compose and play music, and to be honest, not many ppl in the world can. I didn't ask for this talent, I just happened to be in my mom's womb while she practiced 2-3 hours a day on the piano while studying to become a music teacher... I learned about music before I was even born... And while the thought of connecting with a woman who had a similiar interest and talent that I have is very inviting, it has not possessed me to only pursue relationships with musicians... Love is blind, or in this case, deaf... If I wanted to have a relationship with another musician, I'm sure I would have only pursued someone like that. But I happened to meet a fantastic woman who just happens to be deaf... we connected because we are so very similiar in personality and spirit, not anything else... with that said, am I so wrong to desire to share this with her? Would not anyone wish to share with their signifigant other? The main point I have is that she doesn't like me because I can play music, she likes me for the person I am, and vice versa... Sure, to be able to play for her would be a dream come true, in all honesty, I could give 2 sh1ts if she can hear my songs of love, just as long as she knows that there is a person out there that cares about her and her well-being. We all have passions in life, now I have 2....music and her... but I would give this talent back in a heartbeat just so she could hear me say "I love you" instead of my musical talent...

Oh, and by the way.... it's Tongue-Untied... Sometimes I can't shut up, but I sure wish others could sometimes....

Peace
 tongue-untied
Msg: 188 (view)

Being in The Right League
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:01:56 PM
Very interesting thread... but I think it all comes down to being comfortable in yourself.... I have a friend who is a good-looking dude, I'm not gay but this guy could probably have his pick of the litter. And he only goes after the hot girls out there... I have another friend who is by no means an attractive person, but he seems to have more success at romance than my good looking friend because he is honest and sincere and just basically a very personable guy... he does not judge ppl by looks, rather than character... When the day is done, would anyone want to spend the rest of their lives with a Barbie or Ken, or someone that you truly connect with spiritualy??? Sure, having a trophy wife or husband is fine and dandy, but in the end it is doomed to fail unless there is more beyond the physical attraction that may have brought you together in the 1st place... I would rather be with someone I can relate and connect with than submit to a relationship that is bound by physical attraction alone... And with that said, I put my hook in the water yet again....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 26 (view)

T.V. and Hollywood`s effect on physical requirements.
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:31:07 PM
In my opinion, everyone tries to look better than they actually do... It's called being single in the 21st century.... we are all guilty at one point or another of putting on the game face to impress someone... just to look attractive to the opposite sex...

But then there is the day after the night before....lol
 tongue-untied
Msg: 106 (view)

Live within 75 miles??
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:22:57 PM
This ia an interesting topic....In this day and age, I could meet some woman virtually anywhere in the world, although I would rather meet a girl close to home... Like one poster commented, he has met a woman online that he thinks is perfect for him...but the contraints of the travel hamper his meeting her face to face, and being in a committed relationship means being able to meet face to face....Sure, the Internet is great and I've met alot of wonderful ppl, as well as some creeps, but when it comes down to it, the face to face is the game maker/breaker... we all can connect electronically through this thing called the Internet, but when it comes down to it, the actual person to person meeting is what its all about...because I could be lying through my profile teeth just to get someone interested in me, if I was that way....Unfortunately, there are many who abuse this and it really prevents me from pursuing a relationship when perhaps there is deception involved... and the only way you find out about it is the face to face meeting... Because if I meet my soulmate online, it's not like our computers are going to get married, is it???

Any comments????
 tongue-untied
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2009 5:03:02 PM
Another update... before she arrived I took a poster's advice and learned a song through signing...it was hard but I did it. It was "Love" by John Lennon...by the time I was finished learning it, I felt something I never did before... when I showed it to her it brought us so much closer together, it brought us to an understanding that even if she can't hear and I am not hearing impaired, we still can be together just as any other couple... It made me come to the conclusion that we all take so many things for granted... Perhaps, one day, we may all advance as a society by addressing each others needs instead of their wants.... I learned a very great thing by doing this and I've never felt better in my life.... Thanks to all who gave advice, whether good or bad.... much appreciated
 tongue-untied
Msg: 1216 (view)

WTF?
Posted: 1/18/2009 1:46:11 PM
Here's a cheers to ole #9....one of the best.....goddamn PPV....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2009 6:46:45 AM
Update on this..... She came for a visit and I plugged in the ole Fender Strat...I asked her to be patient and put her one hand on the amp and the other on my chest...then I played some blues...SRV...before I started I asked her to just feel it within herself just like I do and she was crying in the end of it, I was so into the tune that I forgot she even had her hand on my chest...she felt the blues....
One of the best moments of my life, and one of the saddest all together....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 6 (view)

Lies about cell phone
Posted: 1/17/2009 10:44:35 AM
He's a puke....move on....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 5 (view)

Lies about cell phone
Posted: 1/17/2009 10:44:27 AM
He's a puke....move on....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 8 (view)

Is He Into Me?
Posted: 1/17/2009 10:39:47 AM
If you don't know he is into you, then go to a doctor.... you may be a leper
 tongue-untied
Msg: 12 (view)

Divorce Etiquette
Posted: 1/16/2009 4:29:06 PM
Perhaps there is more under the surface....Get out while you can....sad but true....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 3 (view)

Finding Out About STD The Morning After!
Posted: 1/16/2009 3:03:41 PM
Give yourself a pat on the back... just beware of the pats on the front...
 tongue-untied
Msg: 231 (view)

Do men realy think that blonds are more attractive?
Posted: 1/16/2009 10:49:47 AM
Personally, I dig red-heads the best, but Freud said it best,,," You like women with red hair because your mother had red hair..." and holy crap....my mom had red hair....!!!

Perhaps the same goes for guys who only like blondes... but I think society in itself is partially to blame....we have gloryfied blondes for decades in movies, stories, ect...

In my opinion, being blonde is just one step closer to being grey...
 tongue-untied

what ever happened to.....in the news..
Posted: 1/16/2009 10:35:32 AM
Hey, they found Saddam lying in a hole....I think its just a matter of time, but wherever the **stard is, he's being hidden and protected....
Personally, I wish someone would find the creep who is bombing gas well sites in northern BC... I'm sure that guy isn't doing it for Allah....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 1/15/2009 7:51:13 AM
To The Devils Daughter.....

You completely blew me off my chair with your comments. It was a huge thing within myself to seek advice by starting this thread. I am a person that quite frankly keeps to himself, to not burden ppl with my problems and issues and questions... I started this thread to get some advice as to how to proceed with this relationship I have stumbled into, Not to receive crass and spiteful comments based on ones own personal tragedy...
I do not pity my friend, although she has had a life of physical and sexual abuse, addictions while going though it, and her disability... I could go on further ..... If there is one I pity it is you TDD...You added your 2 cents plus 2 bucks with your comments. I am sorry for your loss if it be true, then thyself can envision the music in your head. You at least had the opportunity to love/play music. To continue to lash out to others that just ask for advice and compare their malady to melodrama basically points you out as the real selfish and egotistic person... I recieved excellent advice from others, yet get scorn from you perhaps mainly based on your own experience and the crap you have had to deal with,,,,I truly am sorry for your loss....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 68 (view)

Does this happen often on this site or other dating sites ?
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:15:01 PM
What a****!!! hope she rots in hell.....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 62 (view)

Can the fall of Ancient Rome Compare to American Now?
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:05:11 PM
Poor Obama taking over the sinking ship.... We in Canada are no better, but at least we know our place in the world stage....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 469 (view)

Why do Babes dig ugly guys?
Posted: 1/13/2009 10:41:40 PM
Money and a big dick
 tongue-untied
Msg: 12 (view)

Forum usage effecting your dating?
Posted: 1/13/2009 10:36:41 PM
Never dated anyone on here, actually, never even considered meeting anyone here... I like the forums and the banter.... hey, to each their own....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 1/13/2009 10:26:16 PM
Let me elaborate further.... she is not TOTALLY deaf, but almost... She can hear very loud bombs or car back fires and the such, but such things as a "I love you" whispered in her ear is not heard unless she reads my lips... She loves to dance by just the vibrations that cascade around her... she can speak but does not have the virtue of us who can hear their own voice.... she is brilliant and intelligent, but just can't hear.... she has taken what life has given her and embraced it uses it to her own best ability.... for that, I am grateful she can exist at peace with her pain... but it dosen't make me feel better knowing she has, and continues to suffer because of this..... We all have short-comings, in one way or another..is it so bad for me to just wish she could hear things??? Maybe one day, she may.....I hope it to be true...but in the meantime, and in between time, I am just happy to have met her and be apart of her life....
 tongue-untied

Posted: 1/13/2009 9:51:02 PM
Thanks to all comments and advice, it has made me aware of things I truly overlooked... But to some comments, I have scorn... perhaps I should have elaborated more... I kinda compare this to being the greatest chef and preparing a great feast, but only to be able to serve it to someone who cannot taste. It provides sustinence, yet no enjoyment.... I write her poems often and I truly am trying to learn her language of sign... What some of you don't understand is that I have a gift for making people happy with something that I can let them hear...(music) and for me not being able to make her happy this way tears me apart inside. Some of the greatest orchastrations are without vocals or lyrics, therefore, there are some truly great masterpieces that she will never comprehend because of her disability. This is not about selfishness, this is about anguish in the fact that the woman I care for can never hear . I know that 4 out of 5 senses is better than none at all...and I thank whatever God there may be out there that at least she lives and breathes and is content with what she has been dealt in life... but is it so wrong to wish that she could hear me??? it has gotten to the point that I wish to be deaf also and truly join her in her silent suffering. So if I am shallow, so be it... then perhaps we can be as it should be....together in silence, but forever together...
 tongue-untied
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 1/13/2009 1:46:14 PM
I truly appreciate your candor and honesty... you are probably right, but I can't help but feel anguish knowing that we may never be... the only thing I want is for her to be happy and content in life.
 tongue-untied
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/13/2009 1:18:08 PM
This sucks....I finally find a beautiful woman who I care for very deeply and wish to be with, and she cannot hear my songs of affection... She has had a pretty crappy past and it breaks my heart as I learn more about it... I met her working up North and we are 5 hours apart. I want nothing more than for her to be happy, and we share the same feelings... I am learning sign language ( slowly) and we truly are very similiar, it seems as though she could be the one for me....but it drives me berzerk that she will never be able to hear my greatest talent....music....

I can't help but feel very shallow and selfish about this.... any advice out there???
 tongue-untied
Msg: 2 (view)

CBC 'n Me
Posted: 1/13/2009 12:49:02 PM
I remember life before cable TV, all we had was 4 chanells...( CBC,CTV,ITV and french CBC)...back in the day, a majority of the canadian programming REALLY sucked... it almost seemed like the stations thought we would watch anything they put on the air, and they were probably right...I remember watching some shows and trying to figure out why the hell I was watching them. Just bored I guess.... One that comes to mind is King of Kensington....It wasn't funny to me but maybe to others....but I do have fond memories of Hockey Night in Canada and Wonderful World of Disney....But in my opinion, Canadian programming is alot better that when I was a kid...I guess we can thank Americans for that....Sure as hell not the BBC.....Coronation Street???!?!? I can barely understand them...lol
 tongue-untied

Overcoming Your Fears
Posted: 1/13/2009 12:35:15 PM
I'm sure that many would agree with my greatest fear....I don't want to grow old alone... most of my family are gone and I've been on my own for years, so I guess I'm getting used to solitude... but sometimes I look forward to the future and can't help but wonder if I'll ever find happiness with someone... the last thing I want is to latch on to someone based on the fact that I don't want to be alone. It would not be fair to the other person...it's as though I am content in the fact that I just might never find my soulmate. There is nothing more I want than to find someone that I'd like to spend the rest of my life with, but after 20 odd years of watching friends and family go through divorce and break-ups and misery, it makes me wonder if any person in this world can ever be truly happy together. I'm not a kill-joy , more of a realist. I have given my all in previous relationships but to no avail... I don't know if that makes any sense, but sometimes I don't think there is anyone out there for me, and if she is out there, she is with someone else.... I truly hope I can get over this fear oneday...
 tongue-untied
Msg: 1474 (view)

DAILY QUOTES
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:55:12 AM
Let a smile be your umbrella, because you're going to get soaked anyway...
-Unknown
 tongue-untied
Msg: 153 (view)

Weirdest Place you have ever had sex (and did you get caught)
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:10:59 AM
Once, when I was playing in a bar band, we had a gig on a New Years eve....in between sets I met a charming young lady, we hit it off... right before the last set of the night, she pulled me into the ladies room, and we ended up doing it in one of the stalls...and yes, we got caught....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 852 (view)

LAST LINE BECOMES YOUR FIRST LINE OF AN 8 (EIGHT) LINE STANZA
Posted: 12/26/2008 12:21:42 PM
I can only speak in cliche
I can only keep away
I can finally say
I can take
I can
I will never know the truth
I will grow long in the tooth
I will watch it alouf
I will finally move
I will
I must give it away
I must finally pay
I must never be
I must be free
I must
 tongue-untied
Msg: 42 (view)

AA Members
Posted: 12/20/2008 7:48:01 AM
I too had trouble with this.....so I wrote a letter to Santa Claus, stating that I wished for to be sober..... if anyone can help me, its Santa....lol
 tongue-untied
Msg: 40 (view)

AA Members
Posted: 12/19/2008 4:26:06 PM
I have been around AA all my life, my parents were alcoholics and my father was an addictions counsellor...Early in life I can remember my dad getting late phone calls and being away alot of nights...{ he died 38 years sober and sponsered dozens of ppl...}
I attended meetings with my parents young, too young to understand what these ppl were going through, but they swore when they spoke up there so I thought it was neat...
I started boozing on weekends while attending school and this increased as I entered the working world.... Soon I was on the path to ruin, just didn't know it. I was**** and self-centered and thought..." I could quit ANYTIME", but never really tried to...I stumbled through life like this for years, getting worse after every drunk, yet still able to function and carry a job.... I met a beautiful girl who I fell in love with and we had a son together, I thought that I had everything I wanted and yearned for, except my sobriety. It wasn't long until I blew this chance at happiness by drinking every chance I could until I pushed them both away... I then walked into an AA meeting for the first time, by myself... I was sober for a month and then fell down that good ole path to the grave covered in gold and puke... 5 years of daily drinking later, I got thrown in jail for DUI and as I sat there in that cell with no shoes and dying for a drink that I realised what this has done to me and without knowing it at the time, finally accepted step 1...

As my father was an addictions councellor and highly regarded member of AA, I guess instead of giving all his literature and tapes to Goodwill or to various groups, I kept them boxed up, perhaps thinking that I might need them some day... I poured over the Big Book and other various literature to learn more about why I seem to be killing myself like this, and have learned alot about it... My father told me about alot of ppl and stories when alive, but I never questioned him about why he helps these ppl, only that it seemed like he had too somehow... I began to curse myself for not being more honest and why I did not question my father more about how he pulled his ass out of the soon to be casket and turn his life arouud for the next 38 years... I had his genes, I am an alcohilc and I had help at my fingertips and squandered it.. I regretted hearing his lectures and words without understanding the message of what he was professing to these people so much in need of a solution...I regretted not having the courage to accept the thing I could not change while he was alive, and begged God that " if my Dad was alive today, he would kick my ass into gear..." ... I was broken and near utter despair realising I am near ruin...I begged God for help and an answer to this.

Then it happened...I was going through some old boxes and one of them had a bunch of AA tapes from over the years from all over North America...my dad attended conferences all over... and to my utter surprise and shock, there it was ....

A recording of my dad...Sonny...July 29/77...in Vancouver.....speaking at a conference.....

My heart fell and I listened to the tape on my way to a meeting... I never made it to that meeting, I had to stop because I was crying so hard.

I learned more about my father in that tape than I think in all my life with him. It was all the same problems and shit we all deal with, but he was talking about an answer and finally it started to make sense.He was cursing and swearing at times but laughing and telling jokes all the while... And now I have started to work the steps, one day at a time...I am looking at myself every day and finally realised that I think for me, Step 2 is my father and his legacy and his passion for helping, and I have begun to take strength from it....finally strength against the bottle...the demon......

I wasn't born with a bottle in my hand and I damn well don't want to die with one clutched in my hand, so as I type I ponder Step 3 and hope that anyone who reads this will my story and use it in the fight against the booze... I now realise that I am not alone in this battle to the death with the bottle and I am currently awaiting acceptance into rehab to finally deal a killing blow to the **** I call alcholism. The rehab facility has given me a list of things to bring while I go through hell and I am bringing a tape recording of my higher power telling ppl how to do this... and after his life ended, I finally have received the most inspirational way to deal with the madness...by fluke, or perhaps deep down I knew this would pull my skin from the fire....as it is,

My name is Bill, and I'm an alcoholic......
 tongue-untied
Msg: 23 (view)

Boycott Midas
Posted: 4/26/2008 3:37:02 AM
Unions suck....they protect the lazy more than the comman man any more...
 tongue-untied
Msg: 499 (view)

Are you happy beening single???
Posted: 2/8/2008 3:28:43 AM
I agree that alot of topics and discussions have been beaten like a rented mule, but as I write this some guy is breaking up with some girl somewhere....but it's such a Catch 22...
I like coming home to an evening with that certain someone.....nice dinner, BBQ of course...in the winter even better.....more of a reason to get closer later...
But I like coming home to my empty pad sometimes and just chill...everyone needs downtime to themselves or you will slowly become someone else before you even know it....
But as for the original question....

Yes/No
 tongue-untied
Msg: 15 (view)

Alone on Christmas?
Posted: 12/23/2007 3:05:26 PM
With most of my family dead and the ex has my son for the holidays, alone I will be...
But I love it... I plan on going to the local home-less shelter and see if they need a hand... Then I'm gonna go home, cook my turkey dinner, drink too much and write some dirty Xmas songs... for example....

" I'm beginning to look alot like shit-faced..."

"Frosty the Blowman"

"Rudolph the Red Nosed Gay Queer"

"Santa Claus is Cumming....."

Happy Holidays to all and to all a good drunk....
 tongue-untied

Holiday Trips
Posted: 11/30/2007 12:28:53 PM
Maui..........you could do the turkey on a spit at the beach....
 tongue-untied
Msg: 13 (view)

Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas
Posted: 11/30/2007 12:27:49 PM
I tend to favor my own gift buying technique....

" If I like you, I get you something you like..."

And if I don't really like you but have to get you a gift, I find out what you don't like and I get you something associated to that.....just to piss them off....

Because to piss someone off this way is like a Xmas present to yourself....

Merry Xmas
 tongue-untied
Msg: 5 (view)

Do Opposites Attract?
Posted: 11/30/2007 12:21:34 PM
In some aspects opposites are attracted to those not similiar to them....perhaps the mousey housewife likes the bad boy or the businessman wants to get with the waitress....
And then there are fetishes....there's a bar in Edmonton that seems to cater to the " guys who like bigger ladies" thing....
Then there's the dollar thing, how some ppl will use their body and looks to make sure they are having a posh /lavish lifestyle....taken care of....
Bottom line, if the bizarre attraction is not felt mutually, then that's when it gets awkward.....it is very rare for 2 opposites to be attracted without it being a physical attraction.....
 tongue-untied

Inflation - Housing Woes
Posted: 7/14/2007 11:40:04 AM
Welcome to the Alberta Advantage......lol

I'm born and raised here, and I NEVER EVER thought of moving away until this last year....Paying 2000$ every month for 40 years for a house that took less than 50000$ to build is just phucking insane.......but..........what else are you gonna do???? Rent?????? For 1000$ a month???
 tongue-untied
Msg: 114 (view)

Rodeos...should they go?
Posted: 6/3/2007 9:23:02 AM
I couldn't give 2 sh1ts about the rodeo....I'm just content knowing that I'll be eating some of those cows...
 tongue-untied
Msg: 9 (view)

Bon Jovi in Calgary July 11th.. GASP!
Posted: 4/21/2007 6:32:05 PM
Go to YouTube and search for Triumph the insult comic dog/Bon Jovi.............

A classic..................for me to poop on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It says it all...
 tongue-untied

Best cliches/sayings
Posted: 4/21/2007 9:29:11 AM
She's had more bones buried in her than my backyard...
 tongue-untied
Msg: 23 (view)

Alberta Health Care Sucks the big one.....
Posted: 4/21/2007 9:11:10 AM
I had to re-read all the previous posts, just to get another laugh about all this.......I'm very proud of this thread, my baby........but

HEALTH CARE UPDATE!!!!!

After taking 59 days to recover from reconstructive knee surgury, I have decided to return to work.........actually I have no choice, I was only approved for 8 weeks short term dis...........I have to see my doc to get the extension..........but...............

The earliest I can see him is May 8th...............when I found this out after calling the doc's office, the date was April 4th.......

So I can't get 15 minutes in that timespan of 34 days to see my doc??? I should camp out at his office every day until he can see me....

It is true...Alberta Health Care Sucks The BIG one....
 tongue-untied

Is this considered Child Abuse
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:31:24 AM
First, maybe talk to her.........if that fails ,talk to the dad and see ......and if that fails, call the cops
 tongue-untied
Msg: 13 (view)

Updates to the driver's training handbook
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:12:35 AM
???????????????
 tongue-untied
Msg: 37 (view)

packrat syndrome
Posted: 4/20/2007 4:38:04 AM
Holy crap that's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I guess we are all sons and daughters to our parents....it sucks watching someone you care for get old...
Lost both my parents in the 90's and it was a rough ride, but I'd do it all over again just to see them again...
Sounds like you were the only child???
Hey, if he's happy and not endangering himself, let him be...but try to show him the glory of shelves and organization....the way you describe it, he may be lazy or he may not have the energy due to his heart.....offer to help him....

If that don't work, start getting pissed off...
 tongue-untied

Laughing At Other Peoples Misfortunes
Posted: 4/20/2007 4:14:40 AM
Greetings from Canada...

I worked at a grocery store at the time .... A customer came in demanding a refund and started immediately to be an a$$hole....cursing, swearing at me.....personally, I love it when ppl do that, I just put on a big $hit smile and that usually pushes them over the edge...I give him his refund and he leaves....
It's winter time up here in Edmonton Canada and the parking lot is icy....I watch as he gets to his vehicle and he slips and lands HARD beside his car...he took his time to get up....I burst out laughing ...............

Good for you , you loud mouth crank......

Show ALL Forums