Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Single Dad's trying to Collect Child support
 wolfman65
Msg: 9 (view)

Single Dad's trying to Collect Child support
Posted: 8/20/2007 5:37:28 PM
I am a single dad with full custody and never received child support because the mother is supposedly on a disability (she never provided proof). When we had joint custody I was forced to pay child support even though I was working part-time but because the judge saw that in one week I had 40 hours he based the support on that. Many days and weeks I struggled to pay the support and feed myself and the kids with little money left over.
 wolfman65
Msg: 390 (view)

full-time single dads
Posted: 8/19/2007 8:59:13 AM
Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad. I'm a single dad and I grew up without a dad so I know what its like. I think its great that more fathers are getting their children. A dead beat parent could be either sex and its about time that the dads are getting the kids more often. Not every mother is capable of being a mother.
 wolfman65
Msg: 7 (view)

good parent?
Posted: 8/16/2007 4:23:32 PM
I certaily didn't imply to wait a year or two. I would think after a several dates that you would get a feel if its going to last or not. I do feel that its best to tell the children early on that you are dating someone so that it isn't sucha shock to them when you are ready to introduce them. I think its rediculous to bring someone home and expect your kids to call them aunt or uncle what ever their name is. After all most of these children including mine have been through a horrible seperation or divorce and they don't need to be subjected to any more in their lives. All of this really depends on your children and you are the best judge of how they will react. My children are young 7 and 9 and i found out that their reaction wouldn't be very good if I don't do things the right way. Some children on the other hand will never react well to your new partner for fear of losing you.
 wolfman65
Msg: 5 (view)

good parent?
Posted: 8/16/2007 3:26:40 PM
As a single dad raising 2 kids on my own I realized early on that honesty is the best policy and I live by it. But when it comes to introducing a date to my children I will be waiting until I have time to develop a relationship. I would certainly tell them about my date but I would wait. On the other hand I have seen the results of jumping in with both feet. My ex has a boyfriend that she moved in with her without telling the children beforehand. My son hates the man and refuses to visit his mother. I finally convinced him to visit his mom because he missed her. I always teach my children to respect others but obviously their mother didn't respect them. I strongly feel that it is best to wait before you introduce your date but tell the children you are dating. You will get an idea as to how they feel about it. If your children don't like them it will be hell on earth if you continue the relationship.
 wolfman65
Msg: 136 (view)

SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/15/2007 6:13:27 PM
I would say the authorities are very much against men including the police. I have a restraining order against my ex and its like pulling teeth with the police to get them to enforce it. All they hear is there is a restraining order and they assume its on me. In any case enough about that I don't know about the rest of the dads but I find it very hard to raise my daughter. Like her mother she has a lot of hostility towards me and she is becomming very abusive. I would give my kids the world if it would make them happy but there comes a time when I have to take time out for myself. I am looking for a soul mate but I am very cautious as to how a relationship will effect my children. My kids come first.
 wolfman65
Msg: 132 (view)

SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:39:22 PM
Hi All,

I'm a single dad raising 2 kids (boy and girl) I find it amazing how much women dislike men with children. I get no support from my ex in the way of child support and I work full time. You can't tell me that women or society for that matter, likes single dads. There is no support for single dads out there. Did you know where I come from there isn't any place a dad can go with his kids to get away from an abusive relationship and yet there are all kinds of women shelters. 90% of the women I IM or email never respond, I on the other hand respond even if i'm not interested. I feel this is only common curtesy. Just my thoughts.

Show ALL Forums