Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Tomorrows World...
 corleo
Msg: 20 (view)

Tomorrows World...
Posted: 11/13/2006 1:14:14 PM
tomorrows world, great prog used to sit there as a kid and watch with wonder, pity so much of the stuff they used to reveiw never came into being.... tomorrow people..anyone remember that?...jaunting...would be great and lower the carbon monoxide problem in the world... global warming stopped in a second..lol..
 corleo
Msg: 49 (view)

How do you cope with the death of a loved one?
Posted: 10/12/2006 10:14:43 PM
be strong for him.. sorry to hear your pain.. i know the pain..x
 corleo
Msg: 40 (view)

Euthanasia
Posted: 10/7/2006 4:49:15 PM
msg 20.. i agree..someone very close to me who was suffering from a terminal secondary brain tumor due to breast cancer was assisted to pass away by the district nurses who were helpling,she was in so much pain that a overdose of morphine was administered and she faded away, nothing could be done for her so they eased her pain with hers and my blessing... if i was in that situation then i would find anymeans to pass peacefully and with dignity... untill youve been there and seen the pain an suffering some people go through just to die then youll never know.. euthanasia should be legal here, but with the patients and the famillys consent..
 corleo
Msg: 19 (view)

school trips
Posted: 10/7/2006 11:36:00 AM
i was lucky enough to go on a cruise for 2weeks around the med on the uss uganda when i was at school, visited venice, santorini, hiafa, jerusalem and a lot of isreal, dead sea and loads more..smuggled some pernod on board and got out my face for 3 days but it was such an a good experience.. i would try and send my kids if i had any on a trip like that,opens their eyes to other cultures and ways of life..
 corleo
Msg: 2 (view)

Jack Straw v The Veil
Posted: 10/6/2006 2:57:30 AM
every woman he has asked to remove their veil in his surgery has, cant see the problem myself.. he just wants to see their facial expressions when hes talking to them.. think i would ask for that myself... they can veil up afterwards so whats the problem??
 corleo
Msg: 3 (view)

DIY Disater Area Hard Hats required!
Posted: 10/5/2006 5:56:31 PM
my whole place is an unfinished project, when i moved in it was uninhabitable but over the years i have got bits finished, but there is no rush i got all my life and want it finished well and not rushed just to please someone.. now the garden thats another question..lol..
 corleo
Msg: 15 (view)

Do You Tip The Bin Man,Milkman,Paper Boy
Posted: 10/5/2006 2:02:57 PM
i was a dust cart driver for a few months years ago to make some extra money and got bottles of booze and envolopes with a few quid in at xmas which we used to share around, its a thankless and hard job to do, if youve never done it youll never know.. and it used to be the older generation who would leave out tips and drinks...i suppose they appreciated what we did..
 corleo
Msg: 23 (view)

comparing humans to vampires
Posted: 10/2/2006 4:38:58 PM
ive been a vegeterian for 25 yrs now, i used to be a delivery driver and used to drop off and pick up from well known turkey and meat farms/processors all round the country.. i saw things in these plants that instantly turned me off meat forever, its barberic.. the animals see the one in front killed and are full of fear, that fear comes out in the meat as chemicals.. if these places did guided tours of their wonderous facilities so the public could see what goes on i think there would be a lot more vegeterians.. also a vegeterian diet in my view and plenty of others is better for you, no animal fats collecting around your heart and arteries, no hormones that are fed to the animals to bulk them up for butchering.. i dont preach to anyone about it because there is no point, most people are blinkered when it comes to this subject, if you cared for your bodies you would do some research and find out..
 corleo
Msg: 25 (view)

Helpful pointers to those new to the forums...
Posted: 10/2/2006 12:42:45 PM
" [*quote*]insert what you wanna quote and take out the '*' [/*quote*]
for the bold, you need to do this around whatever....
take out the star dealies. ALL of them....ugh...hard to Show/"
 corleo
Msg: 5 (view)

Back hair and the women who love them...it.
Posted: 10/2/2006 9:40:54 AM
if you dont like back hair you could always help your man trim it, but at the end of the day its not how hairy he is it should be how much of a nice guy he is... you can trim hair but if a guys a sh*tbag how you going to change that?
 corleo

cars in europe get much better gas mileage than north america
Posted: 10/2/2006 9:31:54 AM
msg 21..what a load of rubbish!!..all european cars have to pass a certian standard in crash tests, these are very stringent.. i work on yank motors converting them to run lpg, most of your motors are nothing specail, justa big engine and lots of bells and whistles that are useless and just more things to go wrong, but it seems that you all like the bells and whistles and 5ltr lumps..the average car over here is between 1800cc and 3500 cc, and do between 28-38 mpg... 55mpg if you use lpg.. and all will do 110mph+.. how fast do you wanna go?... down size the size of your engines or convert to a cheaper fuel ( i convert yank and european cars to run on LPG for a living)... it just seems to us over here that you seem to think bigger engine=better... not true!!... but i do admit theres nothing better than a v8 raw..even better if its running on lpg..totally green fuel.. no carbon emmissions, only emmissions are water vapour... look into it and save your selves shed loads of money..

and smart cars are laughed at too over here...wouldnt ever own one..
i own and run 2 bmw 525 24v on LPG and get almost 55mpg...beacuse LPG is half the cost of petrol... and they arent small cars..
 corleo
Msg: 2 (view)

Bad taste or funny?
Posted: 9/29/2006 5:26:56 PM
you gotta laugh, why take everything too seriously?.. you gotta laugh or youll go mad!!
 corleo
Msg: 18 (view)

The best smell in the world...
Posted: 9/29/2006 5:23:38 PM
patcholi... lovely scent..
 corleo
Msg: 11 (view)

Recommending speech to text software anyone??
Posted: 9/29/2006 7:12:37 AM
ive used viavoice a lot, takes time to train it to your voice but seems to work ok, a few hic ups now and then but nothings perfect..
 corleo
Msg: 9 (view)

Mace..Should People Be Allowed To Carry It?
Posted: 9/29/2006 7:06:29 AM
i think that if everyone was allowed to carry pepper spray/mace then most crimminals would mace you first then mug you even before youve had a chance to delve in your bag to get your spray..as to tazers they can be dangerous and can be made from scratch (have made a couple myself for my wife) if you know how, luckily most criminals dont have this knowlege or again we would all be getting zapped..
 corleo

Is this pure evil?
Posted: 9/28/2006 3:26:07 AM
its never right under any circumstances, its sad and sick!
 corleo
Msg: 25 (view)

almost 40 is it too late to get in shape?
Posted: 9/27/2006 3:39:52 PM
like fitness bunny said its never too old to get into shape.. im 42 got myself a total gym because i dont enjoy going to gyms and the nearest one is 35 miles away, i use it 4 times a week and it works well..
 corleo

Smash Is Back.....Fav Old Ads
Posted: 9/27/2006 9:52:50 AM
watch out, watch out theres a humphry about.!... red and white straws advertising milk..
my fav at the moment is the lynx guy with the soaking armpits...
 corleo
Msg: 10 (view)

Do You Think You Could Attack A Rottweiler.
Posted: 9/27/2006 7:30:56 AM
if you wrap your hand up in something and can overpower the dog then hold its botton jaw on to its chest it is impossible for a dog to bite.. i have tried this on my rottweiller/bull mastiff cross and it works, saw this on a police video years ago.. im not saying just jump in and try it but it may help someone one day..
 corleo
Msg: 4 (view)

lustjunky13
Posted: 9/27/2006 7:17:12 AM
i have never had an obe and am not religous but my brother was involved in a car crash some years ago now and was in a coma for 3months, when he eventually woke up he spoke of floating up out of his body in a white tube and meeting our grandmother who had died 7 years ago.. not sure if thats classed as an obe but made me think about life after death etc..
 corleo

How lazy are you?
Posted: 9/25/2006 5:22:36 AM
i think living in an antiseptic enviroment is bad for you, you body doesnt build up any natural immunitites.. my sister in law brought up her kids in an almost antiseptic enviroment and her kids are always ill..
 corleo
Msg: 46 (view)

Say your name?
Posted: 9/25/2006 5:15:23 AM
always use my first name in an email i think its just being polite... nothing to hide and how can anyone trace you by you using your first name?... would have to know someone very well before id give my surname or address..
 corleo

Chelsea--ManU Liverpool Arsenal FOOTBALL SUCKS
Posted: 9/25/2006 5:03:55 AM
who..what .why?
 corleo

Shower or Bath
Posted: 9/25/2006 4:54:47 AM
bath for relaxation... shower for conveniance...but always prefered baths...
 corleo

toilets, and your partner!!
Posted: 9/25/2006 4:48:52 AM
if you cant do a no1or no2 in front of your partner (obviously not in the kitchen etc) does that mean your not comfortable with each other?.. because at the end of the day we all p*ss and sh*t..
 corleo

men and footie.......................
Posted: 9/25/2006 4:41:40 AM
^^i dont support the top teams, they have too much money to throw at their cars and teams, i prefer the under dog teams who have to struggle to keep on going..i have no favorite team, i just enjoy watching they guys fly round the track.. touring car is much better as the racing is more bumper to bumper.. i suppose that football is the same as F1, the more money a team has then the better players it can afford.. but as ive never watched a game or followed a team then that is just a guess..
 corleo

men and footie.......................
Posted: 9/25/2006 3:47:01 AM
never been into football,cant see what people see in it.. motorsports is my thing.. F1, touring cars, superbikes,ralleying. banger and stock car racing..truck racing is one of my favorites...
 corleo
Msg: 28 (view)

Baby dies after Rottweiler attack
Posted: 9/24/2006 11:28:04 PM
i have a rotteweiller/bull mastiff cross **** who i have had since she was 4 weeks old( she is now 5 yrs old), you couldnt ask for a more loyal and gentle natured dog.. but saying that i wouldnt leave any dog with a child that young, i have got friends who have jack russells and they are the most snappy dogs i have ever encountered.. at the end of the day its down to the parents and owners of the dog to have some common sense and not leave them alone together..as much as i trust my dog i wouldnt leave her alone with a child..cats can be just as dangerous as dogs i.e smothering... parents have a responsability to their kids..
 corleo
Msg: 8 (view)

cars in europe get much better gas mileage than north america
Posted: 9/24/2006 7:59:28 AM
just been reading this thread and was wondering if you have LPG (liquid petrolium gas) - autogas over there in the states??.. i convert cars to run on lpg for a living and we convert many cherrokees/day vans and allsorts of big american vehicles for some of the airmen from some local airbases and also uk owners too.. petrol costs aprox £5.00 a gallon over here (£1.00 a litre).. lpg costs 45pence a litre.. i run my cars onlpg and it halves my fuel costs.. wouldnt use any other fuel now, i havent bought petrolfor about 6 years now.. anyway was just wondering...
 corleo

Come on!!!
Posted: 9/22/2006 9:08:47 AM
a delete button has just appeared on my screen, doesnt everyone have one?.. i havent posted much because my threads seem to get deleted as well, they may have been rubbish but if you dont like them, just go read another thread.. i have read alot of the posts in the archives and havent agreed with a few but wouldnt dream of voting to delete them.. personally i dont think any threads shoukd be deleted, and if you vote to delete you should have the nuts to put your name to it..
 corleo
Msg: 519 (view)

Honest review wanted, please
Posted: 9/19/2006 7:22:39 PM
hey shauna...just found this thread and felt that i had gotta tell you that you are a gem for helping people with their profiles like you have been... very noble of you..you speak/write alot of sense..
 corleo
Msg: 30 (view)

UFO's, believe or not?
Posted: 9/19/2006 4:13:42 PM
probually in the draw with your star trek socks and pants.. knew you are a closet trekkie.lol... just come out, it doesnt hurt..much, but beaming up stings a bit..
 corleo
Msg: 24 (view)

Your last day on Earth. What would you do?
Posted: 9/19/2006 4:10:02 PM
id finish off that space ship i have been working on in the garage..go down tesco and get some pot noodles and and a few voddys and take off..
 corleo
Msg: 27 (view)

UFO's, believe or not?
Posted: 9/19/2006 3:47:51 PM
the evidence and facts are there, read some books on it punani..i admit some sightings are hoaxes or for publicity.. but you cant dismiss trained military observers accounts whose training sometimes costs millions of $/£...especialy fighter pilots, majors in charge of military bases, police officers etc.. they wouldnt be upthere flying million dollar planes about if they werent compitant observers, same goes for civillian aircraft captains/pilots that you let fly you around the world .. i agree with demeter there have been reports all through history about unidentifed objects in the sky and visitors.. nazca lines in peru, what where they for, can only be seen fully from space...
 corleo

UFO's, believe or not?
Posted: 9/19/2006 2:40:05 PM
^^^^as far as i can workout it estimates the number of stars that have planets around them in our universe, then the number of planets that are in the right distance from that sun(for water, oxygen etc to exsist for human type exsistance)) then the age of the sun and planet and the age of any civilisation that may exsist etc.. and if they are at stage in their evolution for intelligence/communication/radio etc.... youll have to google it as im no scientist but its interesting all the same..
 corleo
Msg: 16 (view)

UFO's, believe or not?
Posted: 9/19/2006 2:20:03 PM
read a book afew months ago called beyond top secret, its about ufos and ufo sightings from allover the world (the russians are the most open about their ufo files) and most of the eye witness accounts are from reliable sources, e.g. military,navy,air force, police, airline pilots etc and most accounts are backed up with air to air radar and ground to air radar images and tapes.. also read a book by nick pope a few years ago, he was head of the ufo investigation department of the goverment and he says there are things out there which are unexplained..good book..
there is also an equation called the drake equation which calculates the number of inhabited planets and intelligent and communicating races in the universe.... according to this calculation there are 1000's out there.. they just gotta find them..
 corleo
Msg: 8 (view)

Is there such a thing as a Hairy fetish for you girls?
Posted: 9/19/2006 11:24:31 AM
hey bauzer.. be proud of who you are.. ive also got hairy chest and back (not as hairy as my chest but its still there), and my wife and the girls i have known over the years havent minded at all,never had any girl say yyuuukkk..(yet).. its your personality that counts at the end of the day, but if it bothers you then go for the laser treatment on your back.. it used to bother me when i was young and stupidly shaved my chest and back, it was a nitemare when it grew back, itched for weeks.. they either accept you as you are or let them pass..
 corleo
Msg: 17 (view)

Penis transplant - not a joke
Posted: 9/19/2006 4:06:13 AM
medical science is amazing.. gotta say for myself i would have the transplant and wouldnt see it as not mine,as it would be part of my body.. and i would be gratefull to the donors familly..
 corleo
Msg: 12 (view)

Daddy Long Legs
Posted: 9/19/2006 3:58:45 AM
it might seem a bit odd but i like daddy long legs, never kill them just pick them upand out the window or door they go..if you cant pick them upin your hand,use a glass.. they are nothing like spiders, take a look at them..and if they keep coming in the window at night with your lights on just close the windows as they are drawn to light like moths..problem solved....im a bit of an old hippy too and up the track to my place get a fair few frogs that sit on the road at night, it takes me a few more minutes to get home but i stop and put them in the verge out of harms way.. is it just me or does anyone else do that sort of thing?
 corleo
Msg: 30 (view)

hey all, news for all who know MOB x
Posted: 9/12/2006 9:24:17 AM
best wishes and thoughts to you..my sis gave birth 10 weeks prem and both were ok..
 corleo
Msg: 33 (view)

Spiders In The House.
Posted: 9/7/2006 2:08:11 AM
the spiders around my house wear boots, you can hear em running around.. i never kill em just put a glass over them and a bit of card under the glass and put em outside the front door.. how hards that?.. i think spraying em with hair spray,bleach and hot water is a horrid way to die, can you not imagine how that would feel if that was done to you?..
 corleo
Msg: 13 (view)

Recurring dreams
Posted: 9/7/2006 1:53:59 AM
ive had a recurring dream for years now, its set in a post nuclear war future and involves a gang of friends (noone i know now) of mine trying to survive and just live for the day,finding food and shelter..whats weird is that when im with them im helping us all to survive and if i dont dream of them for a few days they seem to have carried on with their lives as if ive just been away for a few days, and they welcome me as if ive been away for a little while.. their time seems to carry on with out me being there..
 corleo
Msg: 17 (view)

Humour In Death.
Posted: 9/7/2006 1:38:17 AM
yes i agree with the posts that people facing and dealing with death and dieing use humour to cope with the inevitable end thats waiting for us all..having been involved with someone with a long drawn out terminal illness i can vouch for that, its usually the person suffering who uses humour to make it easier for themselves and the ones around them.. unless youve been there it is sometimes difficult to understand..the laughs we had about cancer and dieing may seem sick to others but if it helps then whats wrong with it?..everyone is different and whats funny for one may not be funny for another..as to jokes that go around on mobiles etc that deal with dieing and the dead i usually find my self smiling at them,not much upsets me now.. humour helps..
 corleo
Msg: 10 (view)

Self help books
Posted: 9/5/2006 4:58:28 PM
the principles of life by steve norton..bought it at a car boot sale out of curiosity..some interesting stuff in it..it could possibly help some people with life problems...
 corleo

Speed camaras !!!!
Posted: 9/4/2006 11:43:09 AM
i read some years ago that the cameras were set to the speed limit + 10% because most cars speedos are out that much at least, so in theory you could get away with doing 33mph in a 30 zone, 77 in a 70 zone etc..and when a freind of mine got stopped for speeding with a radar gun (47 in a 40 zone) the cop said if she had been doingt 44-45 then he would have just cautioned her, but she was just a tad over the top so got a ticket and the 7 day wonder..
 corleo
Msg: 16 (view)

Could you eat
Posted: 9/4/2006 11:07:06 AM
ive been a vegeterian for 23 years..saw some stuff years ago that changed my mind forever whilst i was a delivery driver, will never eat meat again.. so much variety for vegeterians these days not like 23yrs ago when it was just soya soya soya..with a bit of thought you can get a very healthy balanced diet..a lot more kids these days are turning vegeterian and with a proper varied diet it doesnt harm them.. but as i said on my profile each to their own, as it should be..
 corleo
Msg: 24 (view)

Should the police be armed?
Posted: 9/4/2006 1:51:48 AM
yes the police should be armed with tazers to combat some violence and protect themselves..but as its fairly easy to make a tazer if you got the right knowledge, then the crims may end up carrying their own about and the unfortunate public will end up getting zapped as well as getting robbed etc, but i think armed response units are the right choice for the times..at the moment..
 corleo

can you feel pain for a stranger
Posted: 9/4/2006 1:38:17 AM
yes we can feel pain for a stranger, we can feel the pain or loss of that person, celebraty or their families as many of us have experienced similar experiences in life..
but as its not as close to home i dont get so upset as if it were my own family or friends..some people tend to get overly upset to what happens to others..
 corleo

Crocodile Hunter
Posted: 9/4/2006 1:24:41 AM
msg 7.. totally agree... great guy who opened a lot of peoples eyes up to wildlife and what enertainment.. but after seeing him dangling his daughter and little baby in front of that croc on a news clip was wondering why there wasnt an out cry by the public about it , or was there and i missed it??..the public went hysterical after micheal jackson dangled his child over that balcony a few years back, surely what steve did with his kids is just the same or even worse considering the unpredicability of animals and wildlife...surely putting your kids in potenial danger like that is not right.. feel sad for his family though..
 corleo
Msg: 28 (view)

ooooohhhh you stinker!!!!
Posted: 9/3/2006 12:46:42 AM
vegeterian f*rts..im used to em and they still make my eyes water..
the worst smell i ever came across was the sewerage works up in birmingham, had to spend a week there doing some diamond drilling in the raw sewerage concrete tanks,retchin and gagging every minute of every day it was a nitemare!! could still smell it two weeks after we left there, it got up your nose and wouldnt go..yyyuuukk.. got triple pay for it though..DONT ever wanna do that again..
dustcarts that are full of baby poo and nappies on a hot day...

Show ALL Forums