Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Cancelled thread continuation
 spectravision
Msg: 35 (view)

Cancelled thread continuation
Posted: 5/15/2019 11:59:57 AM

I'm on the edge of my seat.

I won't be. Same shit. Different day ;)
 spectravision
Msg: 4 (view)

Please review and rate my profile
Posted: 5/14/2019 9:35:10 AM
^^ Got to be in it to win it ;)
 spectravision
Msg: 17 (view)

Fake accounts
Posted: 5/13/2019 6:31:11 PM
Yeah, POF bot will only drive men away eventually.

9 bot views in 2 mins.
 spectravision
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 5/13/2019 6:24:33 PM
^^ It must be all that catnip
 spectravision
Msg: 73 (view)

How important are looks to guys????
Posted: 5/13/2019 6:22:17 PM
Yeah, I prefer one flew over the cookoo's nest type until they tell me its rabbit for dinner with smudged lipstick and a big kitchen knife in their hand ;)

It's the quiet ones you got to watch out for and at least you know a psycho is already a psycho :)
 spectravision
Msg: 16 (view)

Dismissed Without Warning
Posted: 5/13/2019 12:13:13 PM
^^
If it wasn't an intentional block. He'd have been in contact.

Messages just don't disappear on there own accord. It would take a database rollback for such a thing to happen.
 spectravision
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 5/13/2019 12:05:30 PM

It's obvious that you like the attention and the drama

I couldn't agree more.
 spectravision
Msg: 95 (view)

Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. Are curves beautiful?
Posted: 5/12/2019 10:46:14 AM
Didn't the Kennedy's play pass the parcel with her :)

Make me think of this with the chuckle brothers To you, to me.

https://youtu.be/qGZU61k1ibw?t=57

spectravision
Msg: 11 (view)

I'm trash, who would date me?
Posted: 5/11/2019 6:32:46 PM
Lazman, Just be thankful you don't look like Winston Churchill chewing a Wasp..

Oh, You could be a hell of a lot worse off..

A little bit of bullsh1tting the confidence as in fake it to you make it. Oh and nothing wrong with being Lonely. I know you said you've never had a relationship but i will say this. I'd rather be lonely than settle for most of the dregs from this site. Lonely fades and you get on with stuff like hobbies. Bad decisions bite you on the ass and can stay with you for decades.

Careful where you stick it ;)
 spectravision
Msg: 162 (view)

problems with time wasters and unexplainable vanishing
Posted: 5/11/2019 3:31:59 PM
Check boo. You can get me into trouble anytime haha ;)

Roxbury Brothers car face off :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5lKoGH76JQ
 spectravision
Msg: 2 (view)

textaholics
Posted: 5/11/2019 3:24:41 PM
^^ Fk that bleep bleep bleep stuff.

I've been there. It drains me and the thing is if they took a second to think they could put 5 or 6 of the messages in 1 message.

I've spoke on phone to a few girls and it been good convo but the ones that give the mobile number but don't want to voice chat I wide berth rather quick now.

Last woman that gave me here number. I said cool but we can chat on POF. She didn't get mine.

spectravision
Msg: 32 (view)

Reaching your 40's and not being a parent.
Posted: 5/11/2019 3:20:24 PM
Just imagine you could be Justin Bieber parents. Oh wait aren't they lizard people lol?

Seriously, As long as you understand and can take it on the chin that a Woman's kids come before you no matter what. You'll be fine.

Oh wait. That's until you tell the kids off and get told its not your place lmao. It does happen, so off you go not doing it again only to get accused of not being supportive :) Why did you let him do that/ well, You said it wasn't my place :P
 spectravision
Msg: 13 (view)

Profile review please!
Posted: 5/11/2019 3:10:54 PM
I'd only do that if I was going to blank their faces out, but it does show you're social. No kids if you have them. Obvious reason, but I don't need to meet them just yet ;)
 spectravision
Msg: 199 (view)

cancelled 2 hrs before the date
Posted: 5/11/2019 9:55:24 AM
You asked him for a beer and he didn't get back.

You aren't all that important to him. It is obvious.
 spectravision
Msg: 79 (view)

Sugar Daddy relationship all over POF
Posted: 5/10/2019 6:09:40 PM

A guy can’t be exploited this way if he doesn’t let himself be.

I come across a profile last weekend and it had on it I will not message first who fancies a date so I messaged and said I fancy a date and where was she thinking of taking me. No reply

Not the type of woman that has got guys fighting over her either ;)
 spectravision
Msg: 64 (view)

Sugar Daddy relationship all over POF
Posted: 5/7/2019 2:15:07 PM

If a woman has a lot of money it probably came from her ex husband. If a man is poor it is probably because of his ex wife.

Their was a woman I was dating and she was telling me how her mate got maintenance from her ex which was quite a bit as he was in a really well paid job.

She didn't use it on the kids. She used it to go on Holidays with her present boyfriend...
 spectravision
Msg: 17 (view)

Fake profiles in abundance!!!
Posted: 5/7/2019 12:30:37 PM
^^ Absolutely is the case and it isn't hard for someone to use a Python library to scrape the content and populate a database from a website.

What if these websites are all connected to one entity.? What if signups don't matter as you go in circle clicking adverts and end up paying somewhere else for say pron for instance or affiliated blow up sex dolls haha. You get my drift ;)
 spectravision
Msg: 84 (view)

Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. Are curves beautiful?
Posted: 5/7/2019 9:06:51 AM
It's common practice for clothing manufactures. people who print Apparel to downsize garments for Women so we would make an XL Sweater/T-Shirt into a Large, Large to medium etc ;)

I have personally done it at an old job I was at for years.
 spectravision
Msg: 131 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2019 11:33:03 AM
^^ My local area is full to the brim with Women that have 3 to 4 + years old pics on profile and some even still have pics from when I first come on here back in early 2013. It doesn't look good for them when you've been on and off here when dating. These are the types that ignore your messages and these Women are real. Not fake accounts.

I just roll my eyes. Laugh, and laugh some more!
 spectravision
Msg: 115 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2019 2:30:05 PM
Dance lesson made me think of this

Blockbusters - I'll Have an E please Bob (banned '91 version)

https://youtu.be/nSKQR0k6tUY?t=93

spectravision
Msg: 61 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/2/2019 7:13:02 AM
^^ When I'm on a date or out I don't do the who's buying this round because the Women I've encountered in my whole life put their hands in their pockets. I've had Women I have been seeing get annoyed if you refuse their gestures of paying.

I see on POF profiles in the old first date/conversation starters. Its the mans choice surprise me. Surprise I'm on the next profile and it isn't because I'm cheap but it's a case of who do you think you are? Cleopatra?

smh
 spectravision
Msg: 107 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2019 6:53:46 AM

Sure. Conversation is fine, but as I said, engaging in verbose debate along the lines of what you see here?? Kiss of death

Yeah, I could imagine talking about religion or politics. It would be a debbie downer for sure or even worse who's paying for the next drink.
 spectravision
Msg: 104 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2019 4:53:43 AM
I've been out on my own stood at bar and got talking to Women on their own and ended up back at their place. Who needs to dance.

I didn't go on no dance floor and I have no problem busting out some shapes. It comes down to being confident and talking to people.
 spectravision
Msg: 92 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2019 7:00:23 AM

I have to admit, I couldn't give two shits about introspective and intelligent conversation or interview-style questioning on a "first date". When you throw genuine fun at them, the walls come down much quicker.

I avoid an Interview style conversation. I don't react well with being grilled about stuff.
 spectravision
Msg: 77 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2019 11:39:12 AM
^^ Brutal

I agree on the being fun on a date and being able to ask questions and converse rather than waffle about ones self goes a long way.
 spectravision
Msg: 38 (view)

Get it out of your head fool
Posted: 4/29/2019 1:44:50 PM

Soooo, what I'm saying is if two people felt that way who's gonna let a job rule get in the way, or why should it?

You wouldn't if it was reciprocal, but it isn't. She done a Ben Johnson lol.
she is paid to be nice and he should know better. She could be a right arseh0le out of hours for all he knows :)

It makes me think of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhuYIr1J1zc
 spectravision
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2019 12:48:33 PM
She likes him that much she didn't make a fuss about having not to see him again when being reassigned.

I don't think it is necessarily wrong to approach someone romantically wherever they work, provided it's not done in such a way as to make them uncomfortable and impact upon their responsibilities towards you.

I'd see no issue if it was a fellow co worker asking her out for a coffee. However, He is classed as a patient.
 spectravision
Msg: 57 (view)

Occupations of Your Last 7 Dates
Posted: 4/29/2019 10:23:23 AM

Not true at all. I've lost the "romantic connection" with, attractive to me, people before. Usually , because they have opened their mouth and said something truly revolting that has floored me or they try to pressure me. I don't care how hawt someone is, once they cross that line, we're done.

Sadly, I've been here. I was Infatuated with a Woman for quite a while. She opened her mouth and was instant toast. Her pedestal was instantly gone. I don't do racism. She must've said 25 to 30 words max..

I do think men more commonly can sleep with someone and date them even if they aren't romantically connected.

But don't mistake that as men aren't looking for that Romantic connection when sleeping with said female. I ended up with someone for 17 years and had a Son that started this way. She was one of a few and she knew it when we first met, but that became exclusive ;)
 spectravision
Msg: 8 (view)

Second chance rip
Posted: 4/29/2019 9:43:17 AM

I got tired of seeing his face pop up on messenger every time I logged in. Plus I wished to not have any more conversations with him.

I have a few ex's I see on here and have been contacted in the past so instant block. It does peck a little seeing their mugshot and thinking could you go away already you piece of insert [niceities]
 spectravision
Msg: 15 (view)

Opinions from ladies on men wearing glasses please
Posted: 4/28/2019 2:52:32 PM
^^ Jam jar bottoms for the win :)
 spectravision
Msg: 113 (view)

Advice needed on a lady I'm talking too
Posted: 4/28/2019 10:19:51 AM
^^ It had to be said lol
 spectravision
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 4/27/2019 3:06:52 PM
She could've asked to be reassigned for all we know. We don't know how uncomfortable she was being made to feel.
 spectravision
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2019 1:06:20 PM

I was hoping for at least a blow-off, so maybe she's not as nice as I thought

Or it it could be she is a nice, caring , understanding Woman and you crossed the boundaries...
 spectravision
Msg: 5 (view)

The right person, wrong timing?
Posted: 4/25/2019 3:03:12 PM

Given your posting history, this should be quite entertaining.

You aren't kidding. I'll bow out now.
 spectravision
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2019 11:19:09 AM
I get what he means when we were kids that the frames were thick and nasty brown over here.

I've not given it any thought to be fair in the last 30 years. It's a case of like it or lump it.
 spectravision
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2019 10:59:21 AM
Women are more likely to get annoyed at leaving your socks on
 spectravision
Msg: 70 (view)

After Mr. ED: Dentures, and a Douchebag
Posted: 4/24/2019 4:07:23 PM

Did somebody just say something?

I don't know I was watching the tumbleweed :)

I'm Batman :)

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 spectravision
Msg: 3 (view)

Sorry but I'm already talking to someone - genuine response or classic I'm not interested fob-off
Posted: 4/24/2019 3:49:19 PM

Cop out.

Convenient lame excuse.

They could've just ignored him.

I've come to the conclusion no matter how women deal with men, they'll get branded no matter what they do.
 spectravision
Msg: 172 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2019 12:00:39 PM

Well well..he is the one that texted me..
Btw the Irish guy continues contacting me on pof fron a fake profile after i blocked him and on whats app with a new number.

I blocked him there too.

Just because someone contacts you doesn't make their stuff any more believable. You keep on hanging in there. You're the common denominator with these Men.

You're only seeing what people normally hide ;)

Plenty off freaks!

A little song you'll enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uee_mcxvrw
 spectravision
Msg: 14 (view)

Find the perfect woman and she's blocked 60 and over!
Posted: 4/24/2019 9:38:33 AM

]I would hope so as you are in Europe lol.I was making point to the flocks of Northern Euro's that head south for weather, adventure, and romance. There is a subset of American women heading to Jamaica for similar.

It's a weird one as we don't tend to relate as being European even though been invaded by Euro's multiple times. There I go again saying Euro's. I think women see Rome as romantic.

Actually, Polish gals and other Eastern Euro's are a good choice for older men because culturally they want an older male. In fact most won't date a guy younger than themselves and many want a bunch a years as a gap.

They know where I am :) Polish, Russian, come Czech me out :P
 spectravision
Msg: 32 (view)

What do you think my ex wants from me?
Posted: 4/24/2019 9:15:26 AM
^^ It's been known to get me into trouble haha
 spectravision
Msg: 168 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2019 9:10:17 AM
^^ I was thinking another excuse..
 spectravision
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2019 9:07:28 AM
^^ I'll probably be in a care home and they'll just give me a mop to cuddle as I won't know any different :)
 spectravision
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2019 8:44:45 AM

I'm headed towards 67 in a few months, and I don't want to hear from most 70 year olds.

When I'm 70 I'm at the cat houses with the 30 year olds living the dream. Thats if i have to whack the crap out of it to get some blood flow

You could always add her as a favorite....she could check you out, if she views you as a possibility and make first contact.

I have done this with a lass that has her age range set at 30 to 40 and she is 36, so I guess she is going 5 years either side. If she doesn't get back. I won't lose any sleep for sure.

You UK people have another dilemma. Many Brits are flocking to date Southern Europeans(Greeks,Italians, etc). I know because they are hitting on me! LOL
Having an age restriction is an advantage of OLD. OLD is microeconomics at work.

Plenty of Europeans over here. I messaged one last night. Polish lass.

I did see a woman from Poland for short time back in 2014. She was a loopy lou. Head well in the clouds. She would be sat there and go mmm and look up into a daydream lmao. It was kind of adorable.
 spectravision
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2019 6:36:57 AM
We have a 53 year old local woman and she has her age restrictions set to 32 and 53.

Her headlines is age is only a number. I won't message her just on that even though I date women up to 57 if they float my boat.
 spectravision
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2019 5:39:59 AM

Did anyone ever find the perfect woman on the profiles? I've found a few. Close, cute, ticked just about all of the boxes. So I write the perfect opener. Read it over. Push send... and she doesn't accept messages from anyone 60 or older. I'm 60. Damn girl, you're 56. After 50 it's just a number!
Discuss?

You pressed send on a profile you didn't fully read or you would have seen her age restrictions. You can always date older than yourself.

The only time I hear age is only a number is from older people seeking younger.
 spectravision
Msg: 9 (view)

Why do I get more responses when I say something stupid?
Posted: 4/23/2019 6:26:37 AM
^^ As the young lady said

Standard.
 spectravision
Msg: 55 (view)

Flat Earthers
Posted: 4/22/2019 4:50:02 PM
^^ I was taking the piss...
 spectravision
Msg: 53 (view)

Flat Earthers
Posted: 4/22/2019 4:31:37 PM
I really shouldn't

The firmament: Rocket hits the Dome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWDPRjWPXh0
 spectravision
Msg: 2 (view)

When an EX doesn't allow you to take your personal property
Posted: 4/22/2019 6:26:25 AM

Most of the furniture in the house is hers along with dishes, cookware, a couple of TVs along with personal/sentimental items that can't be replaced.

Sofa, Tv etc lose value. In no time have zero value.

Get all the blokes in your family, and friends and pop around en masse to get the sentimental stuff ;)

I'm not saying I condone it, but it was tried the lawful way.

Show ALL Forums