Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Ladies- about the endless texters/emailers-
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 33 (view)

Ladies- about the endless texters/emailers-
Posted: 5/15/2019 10:53:50 AM

As we can see in some forum threads about one's boy/girl situation -- it's fear of facing rejection.

Call me insensitive, but after a certain age, I have a hard time mustering up sympathy for people who get into the ''paralysis by analysis'' fear of rejection mindset. One would think that by the time someone hit middle age or just before it, they would have endured enough hardships and tragedy that the idea of someone rejecting them would be laughable by comparison.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 33 (view)

Cancelled thread continuation
Posted: 5/15/2019 8:52:52 AM
I give it a week when we'll see her back with a new name and thread.

"So, he contacted me again and we met up, but now he's being distant again....what should I do??"

ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 205 (view)

cancelled 2 hrs before the date
Posted: 5/15/2019 8:28:16 AM

You mean use common sense?? HA!

Indeed. What a novel concept, eh?

Lack of immediate response doesn't necessarily mean someone is not interested. A person may not have seen the text right away or maybe that person had cell phone problems.

Exactly. 90% of my problems with women are related to this issue. Yeah, it's just SO difficult to imagine I don't have my phone shoved up my ass 24/7 just WAITING for texts.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 573 (view)

Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?
Posted: 5/15/2019 5:26:33 AM

It is a book of the harshness of life and all that comes with it,
what were you expecting...everything watered down and diluted?

I was honestly not expecting the endorsement of slavery, frankly. The slaves are referred to as "property", so there's really no way for anyone to pull the "but you're taking it out of context" argument. It also states they can be beaten with a rod as long as the slave does not die.

I watched the Netflix movie based on a true story by Lee Strobbel entitled 'The Case for Christ'. Very enlightening and information. Basically a journalist who is a true believer in FACT, sets out to prove that God does not exist and he could not.

I don't understand why he even bothered considering the burden of proof is on those making the assertion something exists.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 5/15/2019 5:01:33 AM
^ She's no longer here.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 5/14/2019 4:23:48 PM
Chrissi has left the building once again. Will she return with a new name and make a new thread about her ongoing self-inflicted drama??

I'm on the edge of my seat.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 5/14/2019 6:06:29 AM
Hints aren't game playing?? Hints are thrown at someone when one wants someone to guess what they're speaking of rather than being direct, setting up the possibility for the individual to not pick up on it, then hold it against them if they don't. If that's not game playing, I don't know what is.

I've said many times before, most women don't even realize they do it.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 5/13/2019 8:47:54 PM

Very true. It's a "goodbye" -- not a "hint". One thinking that's a "hint" is just playing games.

Exactly. So much for the "OMG! Why can't people just be open, honest, and communicate directly!!" shit some of the women here incessantly clamor about.

You can just say "Well hey [Jimmy] -- would you like to grab a drink a little later this week?" If he says "Yeah, possibly," and it's still left in the air -- you just say, "Okay, cool. I'm free on [Wed after 6] and [Thursday after 7]. Let me know soon if either of those works out, or what else does," and set the communication between you two to be all about that, instead of setting a tone to "get to know each other" via the internet.

(mimicking the voice of Dr. McCoy from Star Trek)

Dammit, Jim. That's just too simple!!
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 73 (view)

Where Have All The Good Women Gone?
Posted: 5/13/2019 8:38:42 PM

People are just unhappy f$acks half the time

Yes, people themselves are ultimately the problem, but two miserable people coming together and confining themselves to a relationship or marriage only intensifies the misery.

For for thing , when stating a "cliche" it is best to explain exact meaning when vague like that

Yes, it definitely could have used some clarification. It came across as more of Mom's wholesome, yet ineffective dating advice.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 699 (view)

backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !
Posted: 5/13/2019 2:16:00 PM

Damn, soon as the singing started I began to undress. Unfortunately I'm a man and alone at home? I'll need a couple minutes before i find a song.

You might be surprised to know the singer is male. I went nearly a month believing it was a woman until I saw a live video of theirs on Youtube.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 595 (view)

Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 5/13/2019 6:31:22 AM

I did not at all see it as telling men they should kiss women's asses, as POYD did.

That's not what I said. The ass kissing came by way of the fact a man was compelled to post that meme as a profile picture. Was he so worried he couldn't get over on his own merits that he had to resort to pandering in an attempt to earn brownie points?

I saw it as telling women not to be thirsty, and make fools of themselves.

Speaking of thirsty, the adage of "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" comes to mind. All the advice in the world is futile once a woman has reached the point of obsession with a man who presents a challenge.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 690 (view)

Posted: 5/13/2019 5:38:46 AM
Tip for the fellas...

Put the album this song comes from on when you have a female guest over. She will be compelled to remove her clothes shortly after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blhQpOc9OAI
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 570 (view)

Posted: 5/13/2019 4:39:12 AM

he bible still remains extremely relevant in our everyday lives, no one can deny that, our whole fabric of society is built upon it, I don't think that situation's ever gonna change.

In what regard? In terms of morality? Morality predates Christianity.

I think being such a deep and large body of work there's not going to be many here that have given enough study to it, or even read it all

We were forced to read it in class throughout my schooling. Every student in class had to read a section of it out loud until the teacher decided it was another student's turn. To this day, I still recall having to read a section of Exodus out loud and pausing several times due to the utter shock of what I was reading. I implore anyone who hasn't read this rather colorful section of the Bible to do so.

Best leave that to the scholars who devote much of their lives studying it

Not all of them are Christians or subscribers of any other religions nor do they agree on everything.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 38 (view)

Find the perfect woman and she's blocked 60 and over!
Posted: 5/13/2019 2:32:01 AM
If one wants to try giving someone who's separated by a generation or more a chance just for the fun of it, more power to them, but anyone who expects longevity out of them is a fool.

I know reality isn't popular in these parts, but relationships with massive age gaps aren't typically based solely on genuine love. There's always something a bit more to the story.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 68 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2019 11:22:28 PM

I do, and in a believable way too.

But are they anywhere near the majority? I've never been one to give two shits about statistics, but the number of unhappy couples out there is just too vast to ignore.

But I think it's more limited to folks who would not like the dating scene, or lacking the ability to reap the benefits of it or the motive/emotion to do so -- and like the idea of LTR in and of itself.

So, in other words, it's because if they were to leave the marriage/relationship, they might not do so well in the dating world? That's pitiful. One of my best friends and former bandmates is in a shitty marriage right now, and his miserable shrew of a wife will only have sex with him on his birthday. She gets all the benefits of marriage, and he is left with his hand as his only sex partner. Of course, the typical female response to this is it has to be HIS fault she's not giving him sex and it's up to HIM to find a way to make her desire it again.

I've tried to convince him to get a divorce, but he's terrified of it. They have a 9-year-old daughter and he's not quite the stud he used to be, so he's settling for his world of shit.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 66 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2019 5:46:57 PM

The guys in the videos do not seem all that different than those incel guys. It is kind of sad. I understand being frustrating because you can't get a GF, but it isn't necessary to have a chip on your shoulder.

Based on my limited exposure to "MGTOW", I can see where one might think of men who strongly associate themselves with this group as extremists, but I have a feeling there's not much of their "message" I would disagree with. Relationships and marriage are crap. They tend to only be good in the early stages. I don't know a single soul who has been in either one long term and would describe their situation as "happy". These people are divided into two groups..

1. Miserable and very open about it.

2. Miserable, but have become masters of creating the illusion they are happy. David Copperfield himself would be envious of their abilities.

Appreciate women as people.

That's a rather myopic way of looking at things. You can't possibly believe it's really that simple.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 96 (view)

Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. Are curves beautiful?
Posted: 5/12/2019 1:43:53 PM
Damn. This short clip has 32 million views. Holy shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0z1Bc-ExVE
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 590 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2019 1:39:30 PM

I did recently see one meme posted on a guy's profile that I actually agree with. This one:

https://me.me/i/all-women-need-to-read-this-when-a-man-is-12095454

This 1950s mentality means nothing in the year 2019. I hope someone puts a bullet in me the day I feel I have to post ass kissing memes like this to get a woman's attention.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 202 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2019 5:16:01 AM

i send a good morning text, with kisses, no reply and no word till today.

Welcome to the game of dating. I just played a round of the game this week, myself, and I'm going to tell you how to handle things.

I had a woman I hadn't heard from in 4 years contact me last week out of the blue. She asked me why things never progressed with her and I. I told her I had no idea. We went out once, planned to see each other again, but it never happened. I don't even remember why we drifted apart, actually.

Anyway, we met up last Tuesday at an open jam at a bar, and everything went great. I mentioned a club in town that she had never been to and she told me she wanted me to take her there the upcoming Saturday. (last night) She sent me a few texts throughout the week letting me know how exicted she was about us going to this club. Saturday morning, I got a text from her saying she had decided to go somewhere else. I gave her a "thumbs up" emoticon as a response. I wasn't about to get bent out of shape over it.

When she got home a little after 3am, she sent another text that said "wtf kind of response was that??", then asked why I didn't show up at the place she decided to go. (gee, could it have been because the dumbshit didn't mention a word about ME going there?)

How I am handling it - she won't hear from me again. You should try doing this when people f*ck with you.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 93 (view)

Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. Are curves beautiful?
Posted: 5/12/2019 3:54:02 AM

Marilyn had some curves, but comes up short when compared to Betty Brosmer, Anita Ekberg, Jayne Mansfield, Gina Lollobrigida, Sophia Loren, and Raquel Welch.

Yeah, I have to agree here. Marilyn was nothing to sneeze at, but I would have taken any of the others mentioned here over her.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 586 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2019 3:47:21 AM

No sorry the idea of the dare was to show profiles where someone tries to tell someone they should change their preference. I know lots of men like BBW. But a women trying to say a man must like them to be a Real man is a form of manipulation. It would be like a man writing a profile saying real women will date a guy without teeth,etc.

The attempts at manipulation have been going on for quite some time. I've seen the "real men love women with curves" type memes floating around social media for years. I say let them whine, though. Does anyone actually believe a man who is truly a man would be susceptible to caving in to guilt trips and dating bigger women he's not attracted to?? Come on.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2019 3:38:05 AM
This guy has seeped his way right into your head. The more shady he acts, the more intrigued you become. I can't fault the guy, though. He's doing what works. The only part I object to is the fact he's probably banging other women and not telling you about it.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 559 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2019 8:22:33 AM

The authors were all human and not infallible.

The allegedly infallible being leaves getting his "perfect word" out to fallible beings, thus leading to contradictions and inaccuracies.

Yet there's wonder as to why one might be skeptical. Go figure.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 82 (view)

No time for coffee dates, at my age
Posted: 5/10/2019 3:53:45 AM
^ You should see my new doctor. She looks like Jayne Kennedy, but with shorter hair.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 577 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2019 3:48:12 AM

Yeah, it might depend on what else is going on at them. Something that's comparable to a bunch of old guys gathering around a Steak-n-Shake on a Saturday night, looking at each other's car engines wouldn't appeal to me, though.

I did go to Bike Week this year, though. It was the first time I had been since the 90s. It was very disappointing. It used to be much better.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 196 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2019 3:58:23 PM

Well he showed my photos to a friend of his too.

I'm not sure what relevance this has in the matter, but yes, I'm sure he did.

Well i dont do just sex at this stage so ye.

Yeah, me neither. I'm just too damn pure and romantic for my own good.

ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 574 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2019 3:39:03 PM

Sounds like as much fun as watching paint dry.
And then if you meet a guy there, he'll think you actually LIKE car shows.

Such a dilemna~

Oddly enough, many women here love car shows and motorcycle shows.

But I'm with you. I've got no use for either one, myself.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 193 (view)

cancelled 2 hrs before the date, but its still going on
Posted: 5/9/2019 11:06:42 AM

What I have come to realize, if a guy really actually wants to be with you, then he won't yank your chain around and won't play hot and cold. Guys that like you won't put you off and won't give you mixed signals.

Sounds like some of Mom's good ol' fashioned dating advice that seems to make sense on the surface, but reality shows us time and time again when we're dealing with the female mind, it's just not that simple. 2+2 doesn't always equal 4. They will want what they want whether it's good for them or not until they (possibly) wisen up later in life.

We've seen crazy story after crazy story on these forums, and anyone who thinks they represent only a small segment of the female population is out of their mind.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 186 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2019 4:20:58 AM
Well, if you're going to continue with the pattern you have so far, all he has to do is show a glimmer of interest again, and you'll be right back on board.

We tried telling you weeks ago how this was all going to go down.

I can't help but laugh at this, too...

i mean the kissing and he suggested to stay to a hotel. I declined as i said it was too early to do this and said he wanted to kiss me all night long and that he wouldnt do anything that i would be uncomfortable with.

A hotel? Just to kiss?? Uuuuh huh.

Cooldog?? I need that rolling on the floor laughing emoji code again.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 184 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2019 4:12:13 AM
^ Soooooooooo, do you still think Joe and I are "fools"??

He's working that push and pull like a motherf*cker.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 13 (view)

Reaching your 40's and not being a parent.
Posted: 5/9/2019 4:04:46 AM
I made the decision long ago to not have children, but it has not a damn thing to do with not liking them. In fact, during holiday get-togethers, I am usually hanging out with the kids rather than the adults. With the children, I don't have to hear their bellyaching over (mostly) self-inflicted problems as the older buzzards do.

My decision to not have children is/was based on a myriad of reasons. I have a low opinion of this world and would never bring a child or children into it. On top of that, I can envision myself being overprotective, endlessly critical of myself as a parent, and in constant fear of the day they moved out on their own. I could see myself going as far as attempting to fill their heads with doubt as to whether they could make it on their own for as long as I could, just to keep them around longer. I know that sounds horribly selfish, but that's how I see it going down.

I've had women express concern about my not having children before, but I ususally ask them if they would prefer I had five kids with three different women, and they usually shut up after that.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 6 (view)

Favorite Profile Fails -- Don't Do This
Posted: 5/8/2019 4:09:32 PM
As I've mentioned countless times, lengthy profiles are close to non-existent, in my area at least. I also try not to judge too much based on what's written in a profile, because for the most part, it gives you no idea what a face to face experience might be like.

Having said that, it might be a good idea to prepare for the worst from a woman whose profile states "I get bored easily" or "think you can keep up with me??" In my experience, these have been hyperactive spazoids who want to drag your ass on 12 hour excursions and every outing has to be something NEW.

F*ck. That. Shit.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 657 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2019 3:54:56 PM

I used to own this jukebox.

I've owned two in my lifetime. It's amazing how a single item can liven up a living room. I still have one, but it's currently broken taking up space in the garage.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 78 (view)

No time for coffee dates, at my age
Posted: 5/8/2019 3:22:43 PM
I never had an iron-clad "no coffee shop meet ups" rule when I was doing the online dating thing, but the vast majority of the time we met up at local band gigs. I know there are people who suggest the trite 30 minute coffee meetup to see if the two people can at least tolerate each other and move on to an actual "date", but I was always confident things would go well enough that we would be hanging out all night, and we did.

I've always believed if a man got as far as getting a woman to meet him, but still managed to lose her interest after meeting, he very likely dropped the ball in some way.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 25 (view)

Pining over someone
Posted: 5/8/2019 2:21:55 PM

We should open a training school to turn nice guys into jerks, a whole lot of money to make here.

I don't know that I have the patience, time or inclination for it. Plus, I'm pretty sure that market is oversaturated as it is. I've advised many friends and family members before. The vast majority are hard headed, don't want to hear they're doing something wrong, and just can't fathom mom's advice was wrong. It takes them a long time to change their ways and come to the realization that overselling yourself as a nice "relationship ready" man from the very get-go is a bad idea.

women are attracted to jerks that they wish weren't jerks.

I don't necessarily believe it's solely the "jerk" factor in itself they're attracted to, but more the unpredictability in not knowing which guy they're going to get on any given day. Naturally, women are going to feel like shit when he's a "jerk", but the lingering possibility he will be a sweetie pie the next day is a big part of the allure. The dramatic transitions are an aphrodisiac.

How many times have we heard a woman justifying her sticking with a jerk with the line "but he's really good to me sometimes!!

That says it all right there.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 16 (view)

Pining over someone
Posted: 5/7/2019 10:58:31 PM

I am shocked that I can be in pain over someone I only went out with twice.

And over someone who harbors so many qualities you object to. Sorry, but fullmoonguy's critical remarks after stories of this ilk are posted are 100% justified.

Personally, I've noticed over the years that when I pull back and act only mildly interested, they go nuts and won't leave me alone.

I have noticed this over the last, oh, 30 years or so, yet when I mention it being this way vice versa, some of the women of the forums put on an act like this is a phenomenon they're completely unfamiliar with and never been a part of themselves.

(insert eyerolling emoji here)
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 99 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/7/2019 9:59:07 PM
^ Hello, Strangest. :)~

Yes, I'm back. Good to see you come out of hiding. ;)
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 97 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/7/2019 2:41:30 PM

Things were simpler when I was a wee boo...hahahahaha!

Indeed they were. They were simpler for all us in the "wee" stages, back when contentment was easier obtained. Being thrown a new Stars Wars action figure was the height of ecstacy for me. Now, it takes a cruise ship, four nymphomaniac women, handcuffs, cattle prod, a cat-o-nine tails, etc. I'm kidding. Sort of.

p.s. nice new picture, Boo. Look at that hair all bouncin' and behavin'.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 544 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 2:24:10 PM

Now I know that the Bible is often a victim of passages being cherry picked for scrutiny and ridiculed

Which is justified in many cases. The Bible is inundated with contradictions that can't be rectified with contextual clarification.

or perhaps that could be much WE don't understand or comprehend with our limited human thinking.

This goes back to my point regarding the "beyond our understanding" notion so many Christians offer when presented with difficult questions they can't answer. How can one possibly have faith in something they don't understand? What sort of "God" would hand down an infinite punishment for non-belief based on the handicap of limited understanding? Such a sadistic trap that I simply can't fathom being a reality.

So my point with religion really starts with God, I believe in a creator, as I expressed earlier, you can't have intricate design without a designer.

But we run into the problem of infinite regress when the question of "who designed the designer?" enters the equation. I have never professed science has the answer for everything or that it ever will, but at least a continuous effort is made. As a result, so much has been learned and advancement in technology has been made possible, which is more than I can say for religions that harbor a "thou shall never question this" mindset over a book of claims.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 92 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/6/2019 11:29:57 PM

NO disrespect to women in general but frankly there is no pleasing women whatever you do.

When I was a wee piglet, I was given this advice - "even when they're given everything they want, women will eventually find something to be unhappy about" and "one of these days, a woman is going to fall in love with you for who you are, then spend the rest of her life trying to change you."

Sounds like the words of a male chauvinist pig, doesn't it??

They came from my grandmother.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 146 (view)

problems with time wasters and unexplainable vanishing
Posted: 5/6/2019 11:21:49 PM

And how about them wedding photos in the newspaper? How Dare any readers not provide their own photos to the newspaper saying they saw it! How creepy if they don't! ;)

Apples and oranges. Two completely different scenarios. With online dating, people are advertising themselves for the sake of potential correspondence with others. A couple putting their wedding picture in the paper is merely showing off.

At any rate, whether anyone likes it or not, having no pictures is going to result in a huge struggle to get anyone's attention. One can either adapt or piss and moan for the rest of eternity. No one is going to care, understand, or sympathize.

I've seen plenty of women from my neighborhood, one I see regularly from my same street lol.

I don't know if I've seen anyone from directly within my neighborhood, but I've seen many people in my general vicinity. I've had people recognize me from here out in public, as well. A few of those occasions were a bit amusing.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 524 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2019 10:59:18 PM

I think you're viewing the whole concept in the wrong way....as in no one's gonna tell ME how I should live my life. I don't think God is out to get people to massage his ego, more like a father wanting the best path for his potentially wayward children.

I'd hate to think of any father threatening his children with the "worship me or burn" ultimatum, but that's what we have, along with being responsible for the genocidal act of drowning his "children" in a flood. Interestingly, this act was committed by an allegedly "perfect" being, which admitted regret over creating human beings. A perfect being made a mistake? It's awfully peculiar an allegedly omniscient being didn't see this coming, as well.

These Christians who offered you words of comfort were just trying to help in the way they knew best, it can be imposing, feel annoying and you may feel patronised but if they didn't offer you ANY words of comfort you'd probably shoot them down for it, so they can't really win.

These were people who knew me well enough to know their speaking of "God" would only be antagonistic. A simple offering of their condolences would have sufficed, and they knew it. It was essentially their way of saying "so, are you ready to submit NOW??"

Christians are very adept at doing this, for some its their calling, their mission.

Yes, and they're in my neighborhood nearly every weekend. Neither I or anyone I know has ever had an atheist proselytizer show up at their door.

Why would it be despicable to offer one the same hope that brings so much comfort to the other? To wish tragedy upon anyone?

Hope can be offered without the religious preaching they KNEW I had no use for, but insisted on puking in my lap, anyway. Much worse shit was said behind my back and revealed to me by a blabbermouth.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life. ... For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Yes, this omnipotent being chose bloody sacrifice out of the infinite ways it could have dealt with the matter. I honestly don't know how anyone can find anything beautiful and loving about this. I truly don't.

No, but we are certainly inferior.

No, you might feel inferior, but I don't. People can say and think whatever they want about me for my disbelief based on lack of compelling evidence, but I can honestly say I am not the bloodthirsty bully the God of the Bible is portrayed to be.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 17 (view)

Second chance rip
Posted: 5/5/2019 9:17:21 PM

No wonder this forum has such a low reputation.

How much of the Earth's population even knows about this little shithole?
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 496 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2019 9:05:13 PM

So don't be a Christian. See how simple that is?

I wouldn't say it's simple, especially if you live in a country where Christians are the majority. As a non-believer, you've got two choices - play it safe and never make it known or reveal it, then face endless preaching and attempts at proselytization.

I haven't had an atheist say something stupid at a funeral like "its god's way and they've gone to a better place".

This right here is one the most disgusting and despicable things I've experienced myself with Christians. (ones who actually claimed to "care" about me, mind you) I've endured a lot of deaths of people close to me in recent years, and people who knew I didn't want to be subjected to preaching, did it anyway. They're hoping my life will eventually become plagued with enough tragedy that I will finally get on my knees and worship their unfounded deity. That's right, a being that supposedly loves us wants us on our knees, acknowledging our inferiority and demonstrating it with this symbolic gesture for the sake of its own gargantuan ego.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 71 (view)

No time for coffee dates, at my age (No time for coffee or any beverage meeting, at ANY age)
Posted: 5/5/2019 3:25:41 PM

I can just make my own coffee and flip through profiles of better men. Why would I waste my energy and effort on meeting some internet cheapskate for an audition, to prove myself to somebody I already don't like? No, thanks.

hahaha. What the hell makes you think a woman's time and attention is more valuable than a man's that it makes her deserving of anything else other than his time and attention in return?
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 88 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/5/2019 3:23:19 PM

.At your age, we've already lived your experiences

Really? Please tell me all about your "experiences" you believe parallel mine. I'm all ears.

and realized they are often empty and without gratification.

Which many relationships end up becoming, as well, resulting in their demise.

I certainly noticed that your headline does not express that.

But certainly didn't notice there's an ABOUT ME section, eh?

I take no notice of profiles as people can be anything they want to be behind a screen.

Whoa, nice hair.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 487 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2019 3:19:06 PM

Strangely, a man I met once through POF contacted me again and even stranger is a member of the Church hosting the function and who also attended. I don't think that is simply coincidence.....

What process did you implement to rule out coincidence as a possible candidate for what occurred? What process did you implement to reach the conclusion a supernatural event is the most likely explanation for what occurred?

Discovering someone you met on POF is a member of a church you're affiliated with doesn't exactly defy any laws of the natural world. In fact, it is precisely the very kind of coincidence we can expect to occur in life.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 473 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2019 8:40:37 AM

Too bad it didn't work out. You would have loved Charmin - she was stunningly beautiful and funny as hell.

Aaaaah, Posh Spice. She was on my Facebook at one point, but I think she deleted her profile a long time ago. I'm not sure.

I remember that meetup too. Many of us were a little jealous. A bunch of us from the west coast were trying to meet up at about the same time as well - Ouija, Charmin, me, Bug and even Clooney

I remember there being talk about that, but it didn't pan out. I initially wasn't going to go to the Tampa meetup, but KJ talked me into it and got everyone to agree to go to the place of my choosing. KJ was expecting me to be a total shithead in person, but ended up adoring me with every fiber of her being.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 113 (view)

problems with time wasters and unexplainable vanishing
Posted: 5/3/2019 1:16:07 PM

last night i caught the '80's band Autograph live

hahaha. Coincidentally, they were the very first band I ever saw live. (with the original singer, Steve Plunket, though) I wasn't there to see them, though. They opened for Motley Crue and were booed through their entire performance. I eventually grew out of Motley Crue, though. They're just awful.
 ThePigOfYourDreamsIsHere
Msg: 73 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 5/3/2019 1:08:40 PM

And your profile says it all...."Wanting to date but nothing serious" and your headline....ouch!
Very surprised if they are not already walking.....How will this attitude help KI who I believe is looking for something more meaningful.

I don't suppose you noticed my profile also states I'm only here for the forums, did you? Secondly, I currently have 9 messages in my mailbox despite what my profile states. Yeah, they're really running for the hills. Back when I did use the site for dating, I didn't have one single day without messages coming in. Not one, and my profile was over the top ridiculous. One of these days, some of you goody two shoe women of the forums will realize you're actually not the majority.

Show ALL Forums