Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Wants to meet you
 JSNC7
Msg: 24 (view)

Wants to meet you
Posted: 4/25/2015 11:24:47 PM
*********** Has anyone else experienced this? **************

YES!

3 years ago, A woman put me in her POF Favorites, and it automatically sent me a note, stating that she wanted to meet me. Neither one of us saw the other's profile as potential relationship material, but we agreed to get to know each other as potential friends. We then met in person.

Situations are not always what they appear to be, at first.

Fast forward - 3 years later. We just celebrated our 3 year anniversary, in a romantic relationship!

Best wishes to all of you!
 JSNC7
Msg: 2 (view)

Separated, but not divorced
Posted: 4/27/2012 7:07:55 AM
Separated, but not divorced

Know your laws! In at least ONE U S State, there is a law on the books that has been enforced, called Alienation Of Affection. In that particular state, I have heard that there is also a 3 year Statute Of Limitations.
 JSNC7
Msg: 23 (view)

Why dont guys like girls who like football?
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:26:48 AM
" I have the same problem but it doesnt stop with football. I am a very dominant aggressive female (I also have my passive moments) and tend to emasculate the average man. "

From Merriam Webster :

Definition of EMASCULATE
transitive verb
1: to deprive of strength, vigor, or spirit : weaken

2: to deprive of virility or procreative power : castrate

3: to remove the androecium of (a flower) in the process of artificial cross-pollination
 JSNC7
Msg: 39 (view)

Are there ever any happy ever afters on POF with over 45's?
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:22:01 AM
"I don't understand your theory. If we stop looking, doesn't that defeat our purpose for being on here? We are seeking because we seem to have a very short supply of men, esp. in Bradford County, PA who are anywhere near the caliber we are wanting to be with..I've changed my profile, expanded my search and including more guys that are a few extra pounds and trying to be open minded without just giving all my standards the boot. What I have found are players. They talk the talk, and that's it. They want txt sex, online sex. anykind of sex but the real thing. I find that guys that live more than an hour away don't want to be bothered with transportation or meeting. They just want it delivered. Sorry, it doesn't work that way in the real world. The later the night gets, the worst it gets. I get all younger guys that want an older woman to self satisfy themselves while your'e talking to them. I am ready to give up. I have no new matches, nothing in my email inbox. So, Im not impressed."

I like your profile. I do answer women's profiles who have some of your appealing qualities and interests. I'm looking for a long term relationship; I'm sincere, and I know what I want.

And I wish that more women like you, lived closer to more men like me.

OP, yes, I haved had long term relationships from this online dating, including POF, over the years.
 JSNC7
Msg: 28 (view)

What would you think of someone who broke up with you based on this, after 2 months?
Posted: 4/27/2012 6:04:41 AM
" Tasteless. But then again you didn't really think if you hit it off that she'd be moving into your crappy rental shack did you? "

Your statement just redefined Tasteless.

A Man's home is his Castle. Show the man some respect, for his.

It's his home, and it's not like he's living in a card board box, under a bridge. You nor I know WHY he lives in a small apartment, DO WE ?

Do we know that he wants to live there forever ? Could he have other obligations, such as Student Loans, that can not be wiped away with Bankruptcy ?

Maybe he's saving for a house, or maybe he's one of the smart ones who believes that buying a house and a Mortgage aren't smart moves in these times.

Maybe , there's a lot of maybes that could exist.

Prejudice is to PRE JUDGE. Here's Your Sign.
 JSNC7
Msg: 26 (view)

What would you think of someone who broke up with you based on this, after 2 months?
Posted: 4/27/2012 5:02:58 AM
"About everything I have read says that women don't respect a guy that makes less than they do. Everyone seems to think guys have a problem, but what I have read it is the woman that has the problem. Personally, I think both parties to a couple should make the same income, within a few thousand dollars."

There are a lot of poeople out there who make good money, and who are financially ignorant, or foolish, or both.

Assets are not generally income, they are different; they can be income generating, and there can be other variables. I'd rather have the assets that I have, than make twice the income and have next to nothing to show for it at the end of the day. Or having to make house, or car payments that aren't worth the total cost to me, at the end of the loan. There are often unseen variables out there, in the dynamics of relationships.
 JSNC7
Msg: 59 (view)

He didn't seem interested, but wants to go on a 2nd date with me..?!
Posted: 4/27/2012 4:26:56 AM
"You're probably one of those people who wants instant fireworks with a complete stranger. Doesn't work that way (in real life). First date essentially is with a complete stranger, how are you going to be in a relationship if you're so quick to cut people off after meeting them only once? "

Let's see....

You're going to sit there and tell me what has worked for me in previous dating, which has resulted in long term relationships ?

Did we date once, and I forgot your face ? Ummm no. While in my 50's, I've been directly approached for dating by women in their 20's. Their lives and needs are very different from mine. What may work for you, may not work for me. Oh yeah, YOU are single, too.

You are a mid 20 something woman, and you are going to compare should work for me, as to what HAS worked for me ? Go out there and test your hypothetical theories on yourself, that you think should work for me. Try them out in the real world, with real experience, for an additional decade or 2, and then get back to me.

I detailed what I am not willing to accept in a potential relationship. Those are my desires, and NEEDS. You, nor anyone else is hardly in a position to tell me otherwise about my NEEDS.

So, for example, if I go out on a date with someone who has a major disease, and then on my second date with them, their disease is cured, and gone ? WOW! You've found the cure for Cancer ? Or Parkinson's Disease ?

So if they weren't Relationship Ready on the first date, suddenly their issues that prevented them from being Relationship Ready, are resolved and gone ? Where can I buy a pair of those rose colored glasses that you apparently wear ?

If they had a PRINCESS COMPLEX before I met them, then the second date will make them a down to earth woman ?

WOW, When is your next book going to be published, and what are your Tour Dates ? Sounds like a Potential LEAST SELLER to me.

You are in your 20's. Can you tell me about your dating experiences that you have had when you were in your 40's ? How about when you were nearly 60 years old, and were able to utilize the maturity that came with those 3 additional decades of dating experiences ?

NO, YOU CAN'T

"One date is no effort, no time, just a free meal (on one person's end) and some mundane Q&A. "

I don't date in the same style as you apparently do. For me, the internet , and a telephone are how those mundane questions are best asked and answered . My time is valuable to me. Your's may be less so.

The Blah Blah Blah is about you, because you are talking in THEORY, about what SHOULD work, as opposed to what HAS worked for me. Nice try, though!
 JSNC7
Msg: 30 (view)

Humour
Posted: 4/27/2012 4:05:45 AM
" It's a bonding when you find someone with the same sense of humor. If you see something funny, look over at the other person and know they "got" it too...instant connection."

But too much of that, and there might be a mutual desire for a KISS !

You gave great advice! Tampa must be smiling : )
 JSNC7
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 4/27/2012 3:42:46 AM
"thanks to some who gave good advice i apperciate it and to others who think its wrong or too manly oh wellllll i cant help men cant handle a woman who knows more about the sport than men lol'

I'm not sure what happened to what I just posted.

MANY men like a woman who can be aggressive in bed.

MANY Men don't like to be proven inadequate, with what they know about Football.

Go get 'EM, Tigress : ) But pounce at the right time!
 JSNC7

Posted: 4/27/2012 3:34:32 AM
" I just experienced almost the same situation. I am experiencing a rough patch with my finances and someone I have been seeing for 8 months told me that maybe we should ' take a break' due to me not being able to take her out. She says sitting around the house is boring but there are other things to do besides spending money on going out. Taking a break? I found it to be very insulting and it told me she didn't care enough about me. "

I guess that she didn't get the Memo. Times are tough. People DO go thru rough patches. To me, Her sense of entitlement, and lack of compassion is underwhelming. Do yourself a favor, and hit, ' The N E X T! ' Button.

That being said, I assume that you DO take her out on occasion, even if the dollar menu at Mc Donald's is all that you can afford. Or on a picnic; the fact is, that people have to eat, to survive.

I agree with her, YOU should take a break....... from The Princess AND her Complex, FOREVER.

There are other women out there that come without The Attitude.
 JSNC7
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 4/27/2012 3:16:16 AM
" well, I think you'd lower my standard of living, even though we had a great initial connection, so I don't want to be with you anymore.
I just think if it's done in a certain way, it's easier to be at least friendly, that's all."

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

A Shallow Haley is a Shallow Haley, is a Shallow Haley. I wouldn't WANT to date a woman with a Princess Complex. Not the one you had, and not another one.

There are good women out there, who will seek and appreciate you for who you are, and what you have to offer.

Wish her well, and wish her on anyone BUT you. YOU can do better than being with her.

Karma can be a B*tch. I wouldn't want to be her, because I say that there's more to her style than we know about.

I get the strong feeling that she was not easily satisfied.

And I wouldn't want to be you, with the Snob-ess.

By the way, just because someone makes twice as much money as you do, and owns a house, doesn't mean that they have great , long term Relationship Skills.
 JSNC7

Humour
Posted: 4/27/2012 2:48:58 AM
"humar is a porr form of comms, its is false, manipulative n is used by low eq people who look 4 aproval due to insecurity."

Here's the part of that statement that I COULD understand. Oh never mind, I can't comment on people with low eq's.... since I didn't know that people have built in STEREO EQUALIZER'S .

Is English your first language, or NONE of your's ?

Oops, I'm not supposed to say that... I'm using humor and I must have set my Stereo EQ on low.

"Imagine some woman on a first date ...and Curly shows up....he looks at her and mumbles 'nyuck,nyuck,nyuck'."

Imagine ME falling on the floor with laughter !

"I think the topic was a person with a sense of humor...not a clown. There's a big difference."

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So is a sense of humor. And so can be, an attitude.
 JSNC7
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 4/27/2012 2:42:06 AM
"ok reality is men want a feminie calm gentle woman, not a pseudo male, men dont want a mate they want a girlfriend. many females today r masculine."

And you may be too aggressive. That turns off a lot of men
 JSNC7
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2012 10:17:46 PM
The woman that U refer to may be under the ILLUSION that she's in great financial health. A pink slip from work, or a disaster could wipe out everything, in an instant. If something happened to her, and she lost it all, she wouldn't be your financial equal... because THEN she might be in debt to repay the balance of the Mortgage, and her credit cards, IF these companies went after her. It can all happen in the twinkling of an eye. There are tons of variables here.

Many people are not as Financially Healthy as they think that they are. The woman that you mention, might be one of them. Owning a house is not ALWAYS a good investment. It can sometimes be a Financial Liability, instead of an asset. There are tons of variables here .

A lot of people make big mistakes when it comes to finances. You might possibly know more about Financial Health than she thinks that she does : )

One could always ask a Financial Adviser. I'm not one of them.

YOU may be living within your means, where SHE may not be. I don't know either of you.

Many people do not feel that owning a house is a good idea at this point in time. Some people feel better about Renting.

SHE may have a Princess Complex.

I say that there's more to this story !
 JSNC7
Msg: 25 (view)

I'm not sure you end up meeting someone
Posted: 4/26/2012 4:44:49 PM
"Does anyone ever really meet anyone to either go out with or be in a relationship?

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm doing something wrong or maybe not attracting the right kind of people.

Any advice is welcome. "

I've met and made friends from this site. I've also had 2 long term relationships over the years, from POF.

A Woman that likes the Three Stooges ? Be still my heart! How far of a drive are you from me ? : ) Who knows, we could both end up shaving a block of ice together, and being , "... a victim of coicumstance! " lol

Don't keep E mailing, and 'reminding' if they do not seem interested. That's too aggressive for someone like me.

Your profile contains some excellent qualities, that appeal to me. If someone like you lived closer, or relocation were possible for either of us, I would hope to get to know that woman a lot better. Woo, Woo, Woo !

"After reading your profile i noticed something different between yours & many others i'd read. You come on strong, right from the start & all the way through. There's nothing wrong with it, seems like it's just one of your traits."

If someone like the OP truly knew what she wanted, was sincere about it, and came on strong, I would take that as a complement. I can only take the OP at face value, and believe that she DOES know what she wants, and she is sincerely stating it. IF her true personality is like the Female version of Attila The Hun, then she and I wouldn't get along.

In our Society, women are supposed to be quiet, and passive, when it comes to fulfilling their desires; yet men's behavior of open expression of who they are and what they seek, is acceptable ? ? Talk about a double standard ! Not in my world.
 JSNC7
Msg: 47 (view)

Are men really willing to wait for sex?
Posted: 4/26/2012 3:11:39 PM
" I just have been out of the dating game SO long. Gee with asses like you on this site who wants to try dating someone off of POF."

THAT will win you points in the POF Dating Popularity Contest.

You are entitled to your opinion, and Generalizations. That goes both ways, you know ? Like when a man says something to the effect that women are controlling, so who wants to date them off of POF. I disagree with both approaches.

Like when SOME men read, "" I just have been out of the dating game SO long." SOME men do not want to be her, ' welcome back to the dating world,' Guinea Pig, Despite your other appealing qualities.

"yes a months of dating down the road I might be ready for the sex,.."

"So for the guys, would you really be willing to wait a few months before having sex with a woman you are dating?"

Sex is in a committed, consenting, adult relationship is : intimacy, sharing, bonding, communuicating, trust, and much more.

That being said...No, I would not be willing to wait for a woman who is, dating wise, where you happen to be at this point in your life, and with your stipulations. Any woman who fits your recent level of dating experience, and has the brakes on sexual activity for MONTHS, would not be ready to give me ALL of herself, nor receive ALL of me, until months later. My time, and my effort are valuable to me. I wouldn't FULLY be myself, and neither would you.

And for those reasons, I don't want to date half of a woman, or share half of myself with her. I wouldn't drive half of a car.

SOME men prefer a more seasoned potential dating partner, with RECENT dating, or relationship experience, and without sexual expectations , and certainly without a woman waving a calendar in her hand. I would be one of those men.

"I think there will be many that finally tire of all the bad that goes along with the quick, easy, hedonistic fulfillment of most of the just met instant sex scenarios that go on nowadays etc.."

What about all of the bad that comes with UNFULFILLMENT, that sometimes comes after waiting for months in ABSTINENCE HELL ? Sex is an important, healthy part of most adult relationships. I wouldn't make 6 months of payments on a car, without having test driven it. I like knowing what I am getting, as well as how my giving is being received.
 JSNC7
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2012 3:09:51 PM
" I just have been out of the dating game SO long. Gee with asses like you on this site who wants to try dating someone off of POF."

THAT will win you points in the POF Dating Popularity Contest.

You are entitled to your opinion, and Generalizations. That goes both ways, you know ? Like when a man says something to the effect that women are controlling, so who wants to date them off of POF. I disagree with both approaches.

Like when SOME men read, " I just have been out of the dating game SO long." SOME men do not want to be her, ' welcome back to the dating world,' Guinea Pig. Despite your other appealing qualities.

SOME men prefer a more seasoned potential dating partner, with RECENT dating, or relationship experience.
 JSNC7
Msg: 21 (view)

Humour
Posted: 4/26/2012 2:47:48 PM
"Yes, funny men are infinitely fanciable.

Funny is beautiful. "

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK ! : )
 JSNC7
Msg: 20 (view)

Humour
Posted: 4/26/2012 2:44:24 PM
" Not to sound snobbish but intelligent humour works best with an intelligent woman. Woody Allen vs the Three Stooges. Oscar Wilde vs Looney Tunes."
One size fits all doesn't ALWAYS apply to humor.

I have found that different approaches apply in different situations. It's hard to explain... it's like having to explain a joke lol

" If it gets laughs, it's funny. " George Burns

" who DOESNT enjoy laughing?"

Someone who's freshly recovering from a hernia Operation
 JSNC7
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2012 10:12:58 AM
"First date isn't enough to assess a proper judgment."

I spend a lot of time talking with a woman on the phone, before I will meet her in person. It might be as little as two long phone conversations. I ask a lot of questions, and disclose everything about myself, before we meet. Of course, I won't disclose how much money is in my bank, or my Social Security Number. Not yet, anyhow.

Sometimes one date is enough to assess. My profile , and my intentions clearly state that I am looking for a serious, permanent relationship.

If it's something major, that's not compatible with one partner's needs, and it is finally disclosed on a first date, then it's enough, at least for me....

Oh, say, issues like:

Disclosing A major health disease

Not being ready for a relationship, when they previously lead you to believe otherwise

Lying about their age

Lying about their Marital Status

Minimizing their Household living situation, concerning others who live there, as well

Looking nothing like their picture that was taken 10 years, or 50 pounds ago

A rude, or cold person

Medications that were previously undisclosed.

Possessing a Princess Complex

Showing up for a date without any teeth

I'm sure that others can add more to this list.
 JSNC7
Msg: 143 (view)

Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 10:01:48 AM
" CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, YOU ATTRACT WHAT YOU ARE!"

I can't tell you how many women are out there, who think that they can attract someone, based on what they THINK they are worth. To many of them, that's what they THINK that they ARE. Since I don''t date men, I'll leave that discussion to someone who does.

They may have a good paying job, dress well, have good looks, and live in a nice looking, and well decorated, recently purchased house.

They ALSO might have revolving issues with their Ex, Teenagers who are out of control, a Princess Complex, etc. TO ME, discovering issues such as these, makes that kind of woman's value as a potential dating partner FOR ME, go waaaay, waaaaaay down.

Remember that when you own a house for only a few years, you have virtually no equity in it. In other words.. it's nowhere near being completely your's. A pink slip from work, or one of life's disasters can take it all away, and suddenly.
 JSNC7
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2012 9:48:30 AM
"She is beautiful but she need not forget this was one man that told her he was timid by her looks. And the way she treats him just might turn around on her and someone better looking, more conviedence, sweeter disposition might just pass her by all on account of this decesion. "

That being said.... what goes around comes around. The Golden Rule can prevent a lot of this type of behavior.
 JSNC7
Msg: 136 (view)

Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:01:37 AM
"A decent person wouldnt even be on this thread; he wouldnt argue about other's moral fiber at all."

That sounds like a Marxist statement!

" I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER. " Groucho Marx
 JSNC7
Msg: 135 (view)

Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:56:51 AM
" I know. But hell, I can't stand people judging."

With some people, that's ALL they know. You, nor I can fix anyone : ) Of course there are a lot of stupid people out there. Some of these bigots happen to be so called educated.

Wasn't it Jeff Foxworthy who said, " you can't fix stupid " ? LOL And we shouldn't even try.
 JSNC7
Msg: 131 (view)

Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:45:40 AM
" I'me an evil catholic, apparently we're nuts, and not only wouldnt I go to confession, I'd screw anyone's wife or ripped a guy who attacked me's throat out and sleep just fine at night. Anyone who thinks some religions are crazy are just looking at the wacko examples of that particular faith and bigot-ting it to an entire group. Ridiculous."

You're a very bright, likeable guy. I've had long term friends like you. If you keep feeding this subject, it will continue to grow.
 JSNC7
Msg: 130 (view)

Decent Men
Posted: 4/26/2012 6:44:21 AM
" I'me an evil catholic, apparently we're nuts, and not only wouldnt I go to confession, I'd screw anyone's wife or ripped a guy who attacked me's throat out and sleep just fine at night. Anyone who thinks some religions are crazy are just looking at the wacko examples of that particular faith and bigot-ting it to an entire group. Ridiculous."

You're a very bright, likeable guy. If you keep feeding this, it will continue to grow.
 JSNC7
Msg: 5 (view)

birthday gift
Posted: 4/26/2012 5:33:21 AM
"What else can you do ? I think, as it was intended as a gift, it's simply unfortunate that he's not going to be available. Thankfully the tickets won't go to waste and you will still be able to attend with your friend and have a good night. In terms of an alternative gift for him, what about simply making the time to cook his favorite meal and enjoy each other's company on his return ? "

In addition to that, give him a night that he will never, ever forget : )
 JSNC7

Wondering
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:46:58 AM
" When he says "chatt" I'm almost sure he means thru messages(PM's) or maybe even on the phone.
I truly doubt he knows there is a "chat" option here."

The OP is roughly 10 years older than I am. And so is a well read , and knowledgeable member of my Family who knows more about Computers than I will ever care to know. The OP might know more about a lot of things than I know. I haven't ASKED him : )
 JSNC7
Msg: 27 (view)

Wondering
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:46:07 AM
" When he says "chatt" I'm almost sure he means thru messages(PM's) or maybe even on the phone.
I truly doubt he knows there is a "chat" option here."

The OP is roughly 10 years older than I am. And so is a well read , and knowledgeable member of my Family who knows more about Computers than I will ever care to know.
 JSNC7
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2012 12:42:13 AM
"The thing is, every one is different, we have our own values, morals blah blah blah , for my part ?, well...good things are worth waiting for :O)"

I would not make payments on a car for 6 months, never having test driven the car. My time is valuable to me, and I want to know ALL of a woman, and her aspects, and she the same with me. Not having sex is not knowing each other , as well as can be possible in the time constraints of how long they have known each other.... say, months.

Would I wait a month to sexually be with a woman ? Not likely at all.

Would it make a difference in the outcome of the relationship, if I waited a long time or not for sex with that woman? Very unlikely at my age, because I know myself well, and would expect my partner to have the same maturity about herself. If I were 18 again, it might be a different answer, and outcome.
 JSNC7
Msg: 69 (view)

avoiding controlling men
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:28:21 AM
"i would ask how can attract the right kind of ppl? nobody had an answer for me ppl who know me personally know i am dominant and will tell you off in a heart beat and won't blink an eye doing it! im with someone who isnt controlling and is super nice thank god! "

You may not like my answer. As I understand it, control is an illusion, unless someone allows you to have it over them, or you refer to self control. I don't see control as strength, because without that control over others, one does not have that interaction of dominance, and submission. Again, this is only my experience, and how I see these dynamics, as they are played out. Others may have different opinions; I don't speak for them.

I have nothing against you, no previous interaction with you, nor do I know you. I have known controlling people who can't stand being alone, because they have no one 's life to run, other than their own. My first hand observations are that it's a fear of not having that control, any longer. In other words, a fear of losing that control. You may find some truth in this that applies to you, or you may not. You could also do some internet research, and come up with your own conclusions.

There have been threads, and some serious contributions about nice guys.

OP, I avoid toxic interactions with controlling types of people, whenever possible.
 JSNC7
Msg: 48 (view)

Should women accept money from men...
Posted: 4/25/2012 10:23:28 PM
"this is why prostitution should be legal in all 50 states. sexual frustration would go WAY down...lol"

And, I think, so would the amount of men asking women for a date... at least for a little while.
 JSNC7
Msg: 6 (view)

Broken Hearted... is it over Age?
Posted: 4/25/2012 9:04:17 PM
" I don’t want to damage him nor do I want to damage myself,..."
"We still speak on a daily basis and occasionally have sex."

I think by doing this, you are already damaging each of you, as he is.

Have the talk with him about YOUR needs. Ask him point blank about what his intentions are. If you, and he aren't a couple, you are F*ck Buddies.

If he's not willing to give it another try, tell him you are moving on. THEN STOP HAVING SEX WITH HIM.

I hope this helps you.
 JSNC7
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2012 8:50:40 PM

How did this thread survive?"

Because not enough necks were romanced ? : )
 JSNC7

Help..No clue what im doing wrong
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:55:05 PM
"As for JSNC7,
Yes I did mention my physic, SO WHAT? I also mentioned other qualities as well. But u make no mention of them. And what a hypocrit u r. You like every one else on this site WILL NOT even email some one without a photo and probably even say so. So clearly u NEED to know what we look like. But without even knowing me I become an ego maniac for daring to to mention so.
Oh, and I "have pics that give detail". Lol. I hav 1 maybe 2 pics, which r both shockers, as I HATE my picture being taken and I am fully clothed.
U r clearly a scared and bitter from your own marriage short comings and using this site to blame all men."

" U r clearly a scared and bitter.." That's an old Political Type Trick used to cast diversion on someone else, to make it about anyone else but the originator. Nice Try.

You make grand sweeping assumptions, based on.. let me guess.. emotions ?

Fact, I never stated that I would not respond to a woman's profile without a picture.

Fact, you know absolutely nothing about my Marriage Experience. I am neither scared nor bitter, Nor am I impressed with your physique. I wasn't impressed with Ah nold's either.

Don't ask questions, if you aren't prepared for the answers.

I said that you give detail. I know what a clothed male chest looks like. I own one.

Fact, you stated, "Rather than start a new thread this is close enough to my Q."

Fact, this post was started by a 24 year old woman. You jumped into someone else's thread and asked for advice. Little girls sometimes do this in someone else's jump rope game.

You need attention. a LOT of attention. You asked for advice, and you got it. I think that whjen you don't get attention to your liking, you like being the victim. Seems to me that women see right thru you. Maybe it's the mirror, you need to be sharing a good talk, and wet handkerchief with .

Cry me a river because your fragile ego can't handle the lack of more praise for your physique, Macho, Macho Man.

SOME people with big cars, big houses, and big Gym built physiques, are over compensating for something. Could that apply to you ?
 JSNC7
Msg: 118 (view)

Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:41:04 PM
"nice thread y'all, but did anyone notice the OP seems to have left the room? "

It happens, and sometimes a lot faster than this.
 JSNC7
Msg: 25 (view)

A partner takes on a male freind
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:39:30 PM
"i'm 40 and was dating a 21 yo and she left me for a 70 yo man...go figure. "

That had to be hard to deal with. Was she related to Anna Nicole Smith ?

I'm 57, and a 70 yr old woman is too old for ME ! Then again, my Mother is in her 70's.
 JSNC7
Msg: 114 (view)

Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:04:01 PM
"A lot of mens profiles start with " where are all the decent, honest women on this site?"

What does that mean? How can you tell? Why start off with that in the first place? That is what is offputting to me."

I don't like it either, when women do the same thing.
 JSNC7

A partner takes on a male freind
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:52:02 PM
"and quit with the immature "pay back crap". POF is not a weapon and the people who are on here don't need your games either."

Karma is immature ? Following the Golden Rule is immature ? Cheating on a Wife or partner, or on anyone in that type of situation is acceptable ? At least ONE State has a law on the books, called Alienation Of Affection. People have been successfully sued for it.

Seems to me that the games that are being played are those by the OP. HE used POF, and any woman who believed that he was sincere. HE used POF as a tool for HIS anger. He's also playing games without much thought of ethics. His self admitted anger was mature ?

I doubt that anyone who has been used, cheated on, or played for a fool by a partner, likes that kind of treatment.
 JSNC7
Msg: 57 (view)

Guys, do you continue to do all the little things for your girl even later in the relationship?
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:34:56 PM
" Men are the ones meeting the woman and should firstly treat the woman properly
or there wont be treatment for you at all!!!
how is she supposed to do stuff for you if you start out by treating her like a typical d-bag.
which is fair to say that is most of the population now."

I open doors, and show affection. When I take a woman to restaurants, and on top of that, she expects to be taken to romantic dinners ... that's when it's time to very seriously re evaluate.

I'm not speaking thru the experience of a male dirt bag, because I'm not one. I don't tolerate Princess Complexed, Women, with Entitlement Issues, and I don't want any favors from that type of Shallow Haley.
 JSNC7
Msg: 53 (view)

Guys, do you continue to do all the little things for your girl even later in the relationship?
Posted: 4/25/2012 5:54:37 PM
" this is a load of garbage. All men should treat their girl like a princess through out the relationship not just in the beginging so she will end up in bed with you.
do things for her and show yourappreciation 4 weeks in, 10 days, 3 years in.
should never stop "

You neglected to mention how all women should treat their men like Princes. It goes both ways. Otherwise , it's likely to be a one sided relationship, as well as entitlement.

Women don't generally respect a man that allows her to walk all over him.
 JSNC7
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2012 5:40:59 PM
"I have been divorced 4 years, was married 14 years. I made mistakes from my first marriage before we were married, one's I have learned from. I don't want another relationship that is sex based, yes a months of dating down the road I might be ready for the sex, but I don't want to date a man twice and then hop in the bed with him. I want to know he loves me for me, and not what's between my legs, and how good the head is. So for the guys, would you really be willing to wait a few months before having sex with a woman you are dating? "

I'm sorry to hear about your Marriage. Nearly 20 years ago, I dated a woman who had similar issues with men, and she wanted us to wait for a month. Because of her unfounded , and extreme Jealousy issues, our relationship would have ended exactly the same way, if she and I had first jumped each other's bones in the first hour, or 6 months later. Her Jealousy and mistrust issues were not about me, I just happened to be her target, because of her unresolved past.

If I'm with a woman, and we've been dating for awhile, I'm not being myself if I am not sharing communication, trust, affection, bonding, and other qualities. And sex is also a part of those qualities. If , in a committed relationship, I can't give ALL of myself to the woman I am with, and she won't do the same, I'm out of the picture.
 JSNC7
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2012 5:29:01 PM
I like to give, thru the relationship, but since there are so many women who are mostly many takers out there. I don't date men, so I'll leave that discussion for those who have.

I also like to receive, and I'm careful that the recepient doesn't have a Princess Complex, where she feels ENTITLEMENT. When I am taken for granted, and it's not resolved, I'm on my way out.
 JSNC7
Msg: 366 (view)

A Twist on EXPECTING Sex by the 3 rd date. Would You Date Her/Him ?
Posted: 4/25/2012 3:38:19 PM
" I had gone out w/one man who said we had hit it off when we met for coffee. But he wanted to sleep w/me that night to see if we hit it off sexually. Once I told him I wanted to get to know him more on emotional & mental state, if that makes sense, he said that idea was stupid. Personally, I thought the whole conversation was stupid...lol. Needless to say, I never seen or talk to him again."

I guess he thought that he could BUY you, and get a horizontal trial run, all from a cup of coffee.

I don't do EXPECTING .
 JSNC7
Msg: 15 (view)

Trying to Make a Relationship Work
Posted: 4/25/2012 3:02:28 PM
" By the way- your dad and I didn't stay married for the past 40 years because I still find him "attractive" - he's a slob and unappreciative of anything I do but I love him with all my heart and can't imagine a day without him in it."

I'm not a slob, and I am verbally, and in every other way, appreciative for what people do for me.

And I wish that more women were like you.

OP, I'm also old enough to be your Father. If you are trying to make your relationship work, you don't advertise for another...

You should take more PICTURES of yourself, and post them on your Profile.. so your G/F and all of her friends will better recognize you.

Why not show your proud POF Masterpiece to your G/F ? She's in the need to know.

And after you do that, learn, and practice The Golden Rule.
 JSNC7
Msg: 106 (view)

Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:33:18 PM
" And need I remind you the thread isnèt about religion, its about what the definition of a decent man is."

I agree.

OP, there are many definitions of what a Decent Man is. I don't believe that Religion is one of those qualifications.
 JSNC7
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2012 2:11:01 PM
" Amuse you? I have a dating profile because I'm a member here. And it states I'd like to be in a long term relationship because I would. I am actually trying to hang in there...its been a year and a half. I met her here on POF and imediately hid my profile. I still read the forums occationally. How else may I amuse you ma'am "

" Part of what helped me get past her is my current girlfriend.
She's fantastic. Beautiful, smart, great income, responsible...everything I thought I ever wanted in a woman.
We have been together for a year and a half."

Re read your statement above which I quoted. To help you out here... you state... MY CURRENT GIRL FRIEND, ...just in case you forgot. You have a Dating profile which seeks women for a long term relationship. In case you forgot.

Maybe you aren't paying as much attention as your year and a half long Girl Friend would, if SHE read YOUR DATING PROFILE, WHICH STATES THAT YOU SEEK A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP. Another reference states ...THE GIRL I AM LOOKING FOR....

There are choices, and dating options when people list their profile intentions on this site. ONE of them is to make a profile statement that you are here for the forums only.

" Amuse you? I have a dating profile because I'm a member here. And it states I'd like to be in a long term relationship because I would."

With how many women at once ?

You must have me confused with someone else; I am a male.
 JSNC7
Msg: 103 (view)

Decent Men
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:59:30 PM
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
Robin Williams "

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/robinwilli386960.html
 JSNC7
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2012 1:32:09 PM
" Got devorced about 4 years ago. Since then i have had a wonderful string of amazing women in my life. About 3 really good ones that would have made any man happy to have. Every one of them ended the same way. I was not over my ex wife and always ended up dumping them whenever my ex saunter back into town. I relised how awful I was to do this and after my last break up with my ex decided to make a go at life without her for real. I think after all this time I am actually over her and I'm extremely happy for that.

Part of what helped me get past her is my current girlfriend. She's fantastic. Beautiful, smart, great income, responsible...everything I thought I ever wanted in a woman. We have been together for a year and a half. Only issue I have is that I'm finding I'm not particularly attracted to her. I want to be...I try to be, but it just doesnt seem to work. Any man would die to have this woman and thats why Im trying so hard to feel the way she does but its not working. And I think shes starting to see it. She does nothing wrong...ever. so unlike any woman I have ever known. And shes so in love with me. I dont know what to do. Do I try harder and hope those feelings come around later? Does that ever happen? I have no idea whats wrong with me...I just know it has nothing to do with any other women. Anybody else ever have thia issue? Does that special feeling come with time? I have a doubt."

Amuse me. Tell me why you have a Dating Profile, which clearly states that you are seeking a Long Term Relationship. We can start there.
 JSNC7
Msg: 8 (view)

Humour
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:54:27 PM
It doesn't matter to me how good looking a woman may be, if she flew in and out of our date on a BROOM. A funny woman does appeal to me. Then again, what's funny to one person, may not be to another.

" If it gets laughs, it's funny. " George Burns

A person's sense of humor can grow on people. Then again, so can warts : )

Show ALL Forums