Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Changing values
 Jackal44
Msg: 9 (view)

Changing values
Posted: 5/15/2019 6:30:14 AM
A famed violin virtuoso
Said his student’s performance was “so-so.”
“You were NOT even there,”
She replied in despair.
The response from her prof: “I just know so.

Jackal44
Msg: 8 (view)

Changing values
Posted: 5/15/2019 6:23:11 AM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😅😅😅😅😅😅😅
 Jackal44
Msg: 574 (view)

Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?
Posted: 5/15/2019 6:20:52 AM
^^^^^^ how could somebody prove God does not exist? That doesn't make sense, though Hawking did argue God does not need to exist to explain creation. He did just that.

Jackal44
Msg: 79 (view)

The Truth about Palestine
Posted: 5/15/2019 6:13:21 AM
^^^^^^exactly. Find any other country in the history of the world able to do so much with so little. Thanks for proving my point. I'm particularly happy that very early on, Ben-Gurion assembled the world's best Jewish scientists to develop the nuke which ensures Israel's survival. Nothing you little people, you, Jovan, Cotter et. al. can do about it. Lost? Lololo, The name calling really hurts.

By the way, the ultimate knowledge for the bomb, e=Mc squared...developed. by a die hard zionist. So sad for you.
 jackal44
Msg: 8915 (view)

Will President Elect Donald Trump Last The Full 4 Years?
Posted: 5/13/2019 10:07:18 AM
I am doing fine...vlad...kind of surprised I am still here...thanks for asking.

An example being the likes of bruce jenner. He is a geezer pretending to be a woman. Yet the hysteria unleashed by 'progressives' and alleged liberals is unhinged. Just saying gadgie. Just sayin.

Well I don't know how hysterical they have been about Bruce Jenner. I am old enough to remember when Bruce Jenner was an olympic Champion.....it is a little disconcerting to realize that he is Transgender and does not feel good in his male body (if it still is). . .but I really don't care about Jenner or any other of his famous klan...I pay zero attention to them....

I think generally though progressives (remember, progressives are not lefties...huge difference) believe in the rights of all people and if Bruce wants to be a woman, who are we to stand in his way....I would never date a transgender....the thought of being with a guy or even a guy without all of his parts makes me nauseous to think about... but since I don't have to date them, live with them or pay any attention to them, I don't care and not sure why anybody else would care either.

Racial barriers in the country will be gone when the white race is no longer in charge...another generation or two and white people in the US will be the minority by far...that is one reason Trump is so popular....he is fighting for white supremacy still.
 jackal44
Msg: 8913 (view)

Posted: 5/13/2019 9:20:17 AM
Vlad...I have opposed taking down the monuments on here because I love looking at old statutes and the history of the Old South....funchesf had a fit when I opposed the same, and as a result started mocking holocaust victims (you will note he is no longer posting here....for a reason...)

but the fact is you, over in Scotsman land have no idea how much racial animosity has existed in the past here, how much still exists and how much some people believe those statutes are a monument to that racial animosity. You live in a quaint, white, non-diverse society. I.e....you just don't get it. People have the right to their opinions without being labeled as intolerant..on either side...just saying.
 Jackal44
Msg: 8910 (view)

Posted: 5/13/2019 4:30:02 AM
^^^^ they are all frauds anyway. If life was so important, they would insist on the government spending more money on Healthcare, hunger and education rather than on guns and the military.
 Jackal44
Msg: 569 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2019 5:37:19 PM
^^^^over your head I see..its an improper assumption, a false premise...how old are you? I thought everyone got this. It was in response to your intolerance accusation, also based on a false premise although its possible the allegation is/was factual?
 Jackal44
Msg: 566 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2019 12:45:14 PM
^^^^^ When did you stop beating your wife?

jackal44
Msg: 77 (view)

The Truth about Palestine
Posted: 5/11/2019 12:03:03 PM
^^^LOL...yes those poor lost souls...somehow they defeated the combined Arab armies four times...on their own....and managed to build one of the most advanced countries in the world in a very short period of time...second only to the US when it comes to medicine, Pharma, science, etc...and in many cases ahead of the US.

I sure would like to know how they are doing it...being "poor lost souls"...maybe they aren't so lost after all, or maybe we should all get lost if it is that good of a thing.
 Jackal44
Msg: 8905 (view)

Posted: 5/11/2019 6:21:00 AM
Lefties and progressives are differs people. Try not painting us all together. Their only common trait is seeing the truth about trump.
 Jackal44
Msg: 564 (view)

Posted: 5/11/2019 6:17:21 AM
Fairytales are not history and only the clueless believe the bible is necessary to have morals.

Jackal44
Msg: 562 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2019 2:55:22 PM
"""The bible still remains extremely relevant in our everyday lives, no one can deny that, our whole fabric of society is built upon it, I don't think that situation's ever gonna change. """

I completely deny it. The bible means nothing in my life and you seem to think morality comes out of the bible. Nonsense
 Jackal44
Msg: 8899 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2019 2:52:23 PM
^^^everything your guy touches dies....next up..
Trump recession and war with Iran.
 Jackal44
Msg: 8890 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2019 5:29:33 PM
^^^^^ no need for the mocking, patronizing concern Ms Million.. I'm just being me, like I have always been on this board. You'll survive and so will I.
 jackal44
Msg: 8888 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2019 4:23:22 PM
^^^^ So the problem is that the right to privacy, an "inalienable" right given to us by almighty God is ok so long as there is not too much of a right to privacy. That right to privacy fails when some trumpette decides that what another woman does with her body is the trumpette's business...do I have that right? You better speak to your God who put that right in the "Penumbra" of our constitution for not giving that right a lot of thought before he bestowed it on the people......trumpettes know better after all when that right can be violated.
 jackal44
Msg: 5 (view)

The Catholic Church
Posted: 5/9/2019 2:03:17 PM

why not leave all the instutitions...and worship from home

Why worship at all? Seriously, if I have ever "worshiped" a God in my entire life, I can't recall doing so. I have gone to services and mouthed the words..........in those infernal prayer books...but nothing I took seriously, more along the lines of why am I doing this?

In a way, to believe God requires that he be worshiped is a belittlement of the whole concept of God. If there is a personal God, would he not be far above petty ego demonstrations to his greatness and wisdom?

Just wondering about all of this.
 jackal44
Msg: 6 (view)

Changing values
Posted: 5/9/2019 1:38:07 PM
Question for you Justinelli: What do you think of watchdogs?

A clever young lassie named Amber.
Purchased two dogs that had tan fur.
The first she named Timex,
And the second was Rolex,
Cause watchdogs were just what they both were.

And can you explain this? Why might this be?

A mathematician confided,
That a Möbius strip is one-sided.
You'll get quite a laugh,
If you cut it in half,
For it stays in one piece when divided.
 jackal44
Msg: 5 (view)

Changing values
Posted: 5/9/2019 1:33:12 PM
^^^ Because Trumpsters can not tell truth from trash?????? Or is it they can't tell trash from truth? What do you think about Perfection?

Perfection is always a goal Crushing a person's soul Trying to be worth gold Slowly crumbling under the mold Souls gathering up building a cult Trying not to get a single insult

Anybody??

But I apologize, we were talking about Trash and not perfection. How about this one:

To Life, Pardon my French, But you’re tawdry trash. An unforgiving wench, Cruel, full of balderdash. Sorrow and glee,
 jackal44
Msg: 556 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2019 12:21:37 PM
^^^^ I won't go that far. I will say though that if there is a God, he is not a personal God so yes, I see the Bible as BS and for all intents and purposes, there is no God out there to answer our prayers...I still wonder about some sort of God though because I have trouble accepting the Universe, with all of its rules and matter just exploded out of nothing in a spontaneous matter...but as noted by another poster......sooner or later if there is a God....you will regress to the point of who or what created the creator....I have trouble accepting he always existed, but if there is no flow of time, perhaps that is not an issue either.

The bible itself is a contradictory bunch of fantasy........of that I have no doubt.
 jackal44
Msg: 3 (view)

Changing values
Posted: 5/9/2019 9:42:47 AM
^^^ trash doesn't usually get the truth...trash is trash. To Trumpsters tell the Truth...better yet...do they recognize the truth?
 Jackal44
Msg: 8884 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2019 5:34:35 AM
""""Say what????

YOU...brought it up!

vvvv Your post....8870 vvvv"""

Just highlighting your hypocrisy. You are very selective about the "rights" you accept. Either inalienable rights can be alienated or not. Which is it?
 Jackal44
Msg: 8877 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2019 5:43:08 PM
^^^^ you are failing reading comprehension 101 ^^^^ you keep trying to get me to argue abortion and I have said I have no interest in doing so. If you want to know the subjective opinions of others, look them up.

I still don't get why you trumpettes are so concerned about the unborn yet so unconcerned about the born.
 Jackal44
Msg: 8875 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2019 3:12:07 PM
^^^^ the question is more properly framed, when does a fetus become human. My opinion is irrelevant. Theologians opinions are irrelevant. That is for the courts to decide, but clearly the first trimester does not qualify.
 Jackal44
Msg: 552 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2019 7:48:43 AM
"Jackal why do you argue against God and religion and yet send me a link that supports God and religion"..

Supports God, not religion. I have always said that if God created our Universe, he is a creation outside our Universe. That only makes sense
 Jackal44
Msg: 8870 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2019 7:42:48 AM
"""Unalienable rights are endowed in all men/women by our Creator. It took MEN.....not God.... a long time to figure out that ALL meant ALL. :)""'

Ms million, you are confusing the Declaration of Independence with the Constitution...so other than life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, what are our inalienable rights? How about the right to privacy? What, early term pregnant women are not entitled to that inalienable right?
 Jackal44
Msg: 550 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 8:22:37 PM
***Should't some of humanity's negative traits disappeared by now?***
The point of your query? Isn't a far more important question that of why so many are so easily conned by the Grifter in chief, even you ms million? Btw, no shocker to me that Trump lost billions in business. He is doing the same to the country.
 Jackal44
Msg: 545 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 2:25:28 PM
^^^^how about survival of the fittest and competition for scarce goods? Still, there is no accounting for psychopathy is there? The brain is a highly complex organ and is easily corrupted is my guess. Simpletons do not dream of world conquest.
 Jackal44
Msg: 542 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 2:15:58 PM
Yeo... targeting Europe's Jews for extermination is beyond disgusting, as is every other genocide perpetrated for national or religious interests. Like our exterminating indians...therein lies humanities evil.
 jackal44
Msg: 540 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 12:34:43 PM
^^^ yea except Islamic Jihad admits killed by their own rockets....but you know, war is a terrible thing...shoot rockets into Israel and expect retaliation....

Jackal44
Msg: 538 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 12:05:08 PM
^^^^its not only Trump but his supporters and enablers who are destroying the country and the economy...the same people who obstructed Obama. I will try to give Ms. Million the benefit of the doubt and try to assume she is just completely clueless about what is going on, but maybe she is not clueless, maybe she knows and is cheering it on.
 jackal44
Msg: 536 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 10:46:28 AM
^ More like I have so little respect for the Republican Political party...who show no respect for decency, justice, the rule of law or anything else and I am disappointed in the 40% of the country who see no problems supporting a man like Trump...a pathological liar devoid of decency, dignity or integrity. He is the biggest representative of our country and has hurt all of us...by the way, sure seems like he is now starting to lie about Iran....probably going to try to take us to war with it....just another piece of cr^p President who sees no value in human life. And yes his complete lack of integrity has consequences.... I don't believe a thing that comes out of his admin about Iran targeting America....just a pretext to attack......

As for Israel, we have already discussed that. I am tickled pink that Trump is a big supporter of Israel...that does not change the fact he is a cruel man or I support him.
 jackal44
Msg: 534 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 9:36:58 AM
^^^^because Trump is proof there is no God. A trump could not exist if there was a "perfect" God because a "perfect" God would not allow for the existence of cretins like Trump. Nor would he allow Trumpsters to have so little reasoning ability that they would be perfectly okay with Trump's cruelty.

Of course, Trump is not the only cruel man who has ever existed, but he exists in our world and we have to deal with him...those of us who are rational and reasonable and do not understand how a man like him gets support from so many in our country.........a country I once respected...not so much anymore.
 jackal44
Msg: 532 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 9:27:50 AM
^^^ by the way Ms. Million, your friend Pig has this down cold...he has used his reasoning ability to completely reject the Christian faith...no validation necessary. He correctly observed that the whole concept of God sacrificing his son Jesus to the cross is a ridiculous concept for an omnipotent God when he could have cleansed mankind of sin simply by abolishing all sin or any other way he wanted given he is "omnipotent" . Remember, Pig went through 10 years of religious training where they tried to brainwash him by forcing him to accept their beliefs through the "validation" of the bible. He wasn't buying though...nor should any rational, critically thinking human being. And I don't need any validation to believe this way...I simply believe it...truth is even when I was a child, I rejected the concept of a personal God, primarily because it was obvious if there was a "personal god", there would not be any cruelty in the world....and then along comes Trump. Just saying.

(ah yes.... since a loving, perfect God would not create cruelty, they had to create Satan to account for the cruelty in the world......ingenious thinking but obvious nonsense for any thinking human being without regard to validating the nonsensical nature of religious Bullsh^t.)
 jackal44
Msg: 531 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 9:19:28 AM

^Have you heard of cognitive dissonance? It is a rather easy concept to understand.
cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance
nounPSYCHOLOGY
the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

Your error is believing cognitive dissonance is at play here. You assume so much.

Every normal person seeks validation in a variety of forms as a means to help justify our choices and decisions

Bullsh^t..... "variety of forms" is vague...regardless not all people or even most functioning adults seek "validation" for their beliefs...or choices. I choose to believe or not believe in God based on my own reasoning....I don't give a damn what you or others believe nor do I care what the bible has to say about it. I may seek out scientific explanations for the creation of the Universe....to "justify" my belief but right now there are only theories....I don't really care what Hawking said about it, nor what Dawkins said....but I did read Dawkins's the God delusion and agreed with him, mainly because his thoughts were the same as mine (although he does a far better job of putting his thoughts on paper than could I). At the same time, I have read books by "Christians" to see if any of the information they use to justify their beliefs makes sense and concluded it is all nonsense...that they give up on reason and common sense to justify their own beliefs. You see Ms. Million...intelligent, critical thinking people don't need "validation" to believe what they choose to believe. They need to have only faith in their own reasoning abilities.

esp. when it pertains to a belief that may have caused or continues to cause cognitive dissonance.

Maybe so, but you have to assume somebody has some sort of "cognitive dissonance" for this to kick in.....which I am sure you do by being a Trump supporter....you know deep down he is a cruel man with cruel policies so you have to validate your agreeing with him one way or the other I guess. In my case, I simply have no problem completely rejecting him...no validation necessary..no cognitive dissonance. I am simply right in my opinions about Trump, and you Ms. Million are simply "wrong" in your support of him.
 Jackal44
Msg: 528 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2019 5:56:38 AM
""""wild guess"""

That is simply you projecting. When you are well read and educated, lots of things can be fairly deduced without having to research it. For example, recognizing psychobabble and recognizing the source for psychobabble is other psychobabble, but you have to use have reasoning ability to use reason. That's why this is over your head.

""" Seeking validation happens to some one everyday. Basic psycholgy."""

Maybe if you are a child or have a childlike mentality Functioning people grow up, but you are right, not all do. Far too many, trump supporters for example, are told how they should think and seek validation from others with the same albeit absurd thought processes. Group think. The more rational and intelligent though are more likely to be capable of independent thought.

Think the fake news mantra. Trump plants a thought in your head, others parrot the thought and before you know it, the less critically thinking believe fake news is the standard.
 jackal44
Msg: 522 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2019 3:13:20 PM
^^^ well this guy is on your side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6AHcv19NIc
 jackal44
Msg: 519 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2019 10:53:33 AM
FFS38..now you seem to be playing a different tune.... you are expressing a belief in "God" but not a personal God, and that is a whole lot different than believing in the Bible or accepting organized religious beliefs as having the answers. I go through the same thought processes. I completely reject things like Christianity, primarily because I believe the teaching of hell and damnation and the threats of going there to be barbaric, and I do not believe there is any God who listens to prayers or really cares what man believes for himself or doesn't, but we do have laws of physics, which may or may not be divine inspired.......there are really only two possibilities....we happen to live in a Universe, one of an infinite number, where the laws of physics developed "randomly" into what they are OR they were designed.....the real question there is designed by who or what?
 jackal44
Msg: 518 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2019 10:47:10 AM

You're Guessing? You have the whole internet to find out if it is taught in psychology instead of spouting your meaningless psychobabble. The resources are there yet you didn't bother to find out because it doesn't fit into your thinking

Yep... I am "guessing" making an "educated guess"..I wasn't aware that I had to support my guesses by making an internet search....is there a rule book here mandating my making the effort? Its possible I never got the mandate.

An excellent example There 7 billion people in this world and because you're the expert none of them are seeking conversion. Laughable

Yep..rational, normal people are not seeking "conversion", it would be pretty pathetic if normal people sought "validation" for their beliefs, i.e, wanted others to tell them how to think...which come to think of it is where organized religion comes in...right?
 jackal44
Msg: 510 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2019 9:51:43 AM
^^^ Are you suggesting the "ex smoker" needs validation to accept the healthful benefits of not smoking? And really, who is rude enough to preach to a stranger about not smoking? Who does something like that...other than to say...don't smoke in my face please.
 jackal44
Msg: 507 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2019 9:31:52 AM

People like to justify their decisions and seek validation by the "conversion" of others. Usually means they are still dealing with their own internal conflict whether conscious or unconscious. There are other motivations and lots of contributing factors but this one is quite common. Understanding your motivations and those of others is key to interpreting whether advice or platitudes come from a place of well meaning or self interest.

Truth is, this is nothing but psychobabble. I am guessing they teach this crap in psychology somewhere... People may like to seek validation from others....but conversion? Yea...sure thing.
 jackal44
Msg: 497 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2019 9:42:56 PM
^^^^ well yea...isn't that what religious services are always all about in all religions? Telling God how great he is and how much we love him and thank him for everything he has done for us...while many of us are on our knees...and then the praying...the incessant praying....as if God is listening and will Help Shirley cut her drinking but not help the starving child...sure thing...that makes sense.
 jackal44
Msg: 484 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2019 1:05:06 PM
^^^^ what harm has he ever done? You are kidding right? How many have died and are dying in the name of religion, how many have suffered in fear or guilt based on his make believe edicts...on the other hand, what has he done to end suffering and despair in this world? Not to say there are not some benefits to religion, something to hold on to, community get together's, etc...
 jackal44
Msg: 8857 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2019 11:38:44 AM

^I disagree. Our rights do not exist because of the BIll of Rights says so. The Bill of Rights says so because they are inalienable....endowed by our Creator.

Which makes me wonder if you even understand what is in the Bill of Rights or its purpose....for example, is a Jury Trial something that is part of the natural, god-given law? I don't think so...it is something the English came up with in the name of Justice.

Anyway, the Bill of Rights doesn't really give the people any rights as much as limits the ability of Government to remove those "god-given" rights...

the point is you were wrong......and being cutesy about God wanting to people to own guns does not get around that fact. The Supreme Court is and always has been a political court.......it decides the direction it wants to take the country and then decides the best way to get there in its given opinions. There was a time the Court believed in the right to privacy so found one in the "penumbra" of the Constitution...which included the right to abortion and the right to have sex with your spouse in the manner you chose....unfortunately, with the conservatives on the bench, we are possibly going in the opposite direction where the State gets to dictate to the people whether they can terminate pregnancies or maybe even what they can and cannot do in the bedroom...just like they decided that "corporations" had the same rights as individuals and could spend what they wanted on behalf of their political candidates. That was self interest talking...the Republican/conservative jurists playing to their donor base....justice and the mangling of the First Amendment be damned..., same like they violated their own precedent by installing Bush 2 into the presidency, and therefore being indirectly responsible for all of the bloodshed caused by the Iraqi war....you have to wonder if these people have consciences how they sleep at night.
 jackal44
Msg: 1510 (view)

Evolution.
Posted: 5/5/2019 11:29:48 AM
Sad FF, you seem to be a relatively bright guy, yet you deny absolutely indisputable facts in the face of your unproven and unprovable faith. Which of course is what religion is meant to do, fool some of the people all of the time.
 Jackal44
Msg: 8841 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2019 8:00:47 AM
^^^^actually they do...the courts said for over 200 years that the second amendment applied only to militias. A politicized supreme Court changed the rules, like they always do. Don't be so naive Ms. Million.
 Jackal44
Msg: 8840 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2019 8:00:22 AM
^^^^actually they do...the courts said for over 200 years that the second amendment applied only to militias. A politicized supreme Court changed the rules, like they always do. Don't be so naive Ms. Million.
 Jackal44
Msg: 8837 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2019 6:20:52 AM
^^^they will never get it. They really won't. They have been so brainwashed, they don't understand the legal System nor the constitution. They think what they are told to think. Got to hand it to the repubs, they have played their hand masterfully...convinced Republican victims to vote for Republicans themselves.
 Jackal44
Msg: 8834 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2019 5:01:15 AM
^^^^^ true, so what plan in the last ten years have the Republican come up with that is better? Lots wrong with the aca, but nobody has come up with a better plan to date. At least the aca is there for catastrophic injuries and cancer.

Jackal44
Msg: 8832 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2019 4:28:32 AM
^^^^^you do realize they have been trying to eviscerate medicaid too and that it pays so little most doctors won't accept it? Are you suggesting Medicaid be provided to the otherwise uninsurable, millions and millions of people? Isn't that basically medicare for all?

Show ALL Forums