Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why does this happen all the time??
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 46 (view)

Why does this happen all the time??
Posted: 7/21/2011 2:16:30 AM
This is very true, but you have to be very specific on your profile page and let them KNOW up front what you DON'T want. Not that it helps much, lol, but definitely screen them on the phone, that's your best bet, they tell on themselves pretty quickly. And if something sounds off, stop answering there phone calls, I personally make a man wait before giving him my number online. Oh and if he's asking you to text him pics and all that (sexy pics) you already know!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 11 (view)

stupid question
Posted: 7/21/2011 2:08:06 AM
You're probably crazy and paranoid to boot!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 40 (view)

How do you turn down someone on here that you are not interested in?
Posted: 7/21/2011 2:06:00 AM
Just tell him I appreciate the interest or compliment, but I'm looking for something else.
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 503 (view)

How to tell a woman to start paying for part of the date
Posted: 7/21/2011 2:02:35 AM
Um I would have paid for the coffee date lol!!! That's pretty cheap!!! But I don't start actually paying for dates until I've established that we're actually together. Then that's when I start making plans with my man, I'll get concert tickets, or something like that. Or we'll take turns with the show and dinner. But in the beginning stages, No I'm not paying!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 27 (view)

Interesting 'Good Guys Finish Last' Theory
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:56:58 AM
This is BS, women want gentleman and nice guys, what we don't like is LAMES, there is a difference between a nice man and a LAME. A Lame is a man who has no real personality, can't talk or express himself in front of a woman, likes to do lame things like watch Star Trek, or model airplanes, brings his laptop on a date, talks about conspiracy theories and complains just in general about life, isn't outgoing whatsoever, and has one friend name Joe. A nice man, opens doors, brings flowers, tells you that you're beautiful, is truly interested in what happened in your day and is considerate. A nice guy has hobbies like, playing basketball (fill in favorite sport), don't like drama at all, and will pretty much let you win an argument even though you both know you are wrong. So NICE GUYS ALWAYS FINISH FIRST IN MY BOOK!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 34 (view)

How to play a player?
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:45:31 AM
How to play a player, well first off you never acknowledge or feed into it. Always be unavailable, and then call him out the blue and have a fabulous time with him, alot of kissing and foreplay, BUT NO SEX, a player has women throwing themselves at him, so you can't be like the rest. After you've peaked his interest somewhat, remember always have some outside interest other than him. Text him sweet little things, call him (only after you've kept him waiting on YOU, recognize a player is not waiting on women tho), call him only after he has called you.....then make sure whenever you guys talk, you're having a fabulous conversation over the phone. Call him over for dinner, COOK IT YOURSELF, always stay sexy in his presence, don't ever let him catch you slipping. Have fantastic sex with him, I mean put your A game on...(don't go down on him), you have to keep him wanting to come back to YOU, (he thinks you're his new victim, when it's the other way around), tell him fabulous it was, and send him home. Don't call for a few days, HE WILL CALL YOU FIRST, trust me, you still haven't given him the head he's desirin, he's probably getting it from some other chick, that's cool. Because you're still on him mind. When he calls stop everything you're doing and give him undivided attention. But you HANG UP FIRST, that way you keep the ball in your court. Repeat these steps for a few months, and then stop calling him altogether, no texting nothing, and don't answer when his calls...... He should be putty by then, if not then he already knows the game, and can't be played!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 41 (view)

Rap Music
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:27:18 AM
I listen to hip hop music alot, I love music period, not just rap, but r&b, soul, jazz, neo-soul, rock whatever sounds good to me. And yes I LOVE WU TANG, mobb deep, common, razz kazz, you name it lol. If he had a problem with the music I listen to, or I couldn't listen to the music I like in his car, I would drop him like a bad habit. I was dating an hispanic guy, who wanted to listen to spanish music all the damn time. That got on my NERVES seriously!!! I stop wanting to ride with him, go out with him, because I felt he had no respect for MY culture. Let's rotate the radio or cd player a little bit, I am a black woman dude!! Geesh!!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 153 (view)

Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:18:25 AM
I don't like alot of makeup, but I have to have my lip gloss!!! I know men prefer a natural face, because it does look softer, than eyeliner, false eyelashes, red lipstick, rouge, eyeshadow, thats just to much crap!!!!! Keep it simple ladies, and let your natural assets shine through!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 403 (view)

I am noticing a trend in women over 30
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:14:39 AM
I do find myself being involved with men that are 2-5 years younger then me, but I think age is a state of mind. To be honest the younger men are more prone to be open to a relationship than an older man. So I'll date someone who has the time and energy to romance and actually date. As opposed to a older man who wants some company when his life is on hold for the moment.
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 27 (view)

Great date then............ nothing
Posted: 7/20/2011 8:17:57 PM
Wow!! I learned alot from this thread, but dating to me is fun, I usually never have that chemistry from meeting a guy online, like OMIGOD I HAVE TO HAVE THIS MAN!! It's never happened. We go out we laugh we have a good time, and then I go home to my life, and I guess he goes home to his. That usually comes from talking on the phone alot, where I get my most connections from, so if I meet a guy online and he ask me out to quickly, I'll go, and have a good time, but he'll be more remembered from me, by us having good phone conversations!!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 16 (view)

What women really want!
Posted: 7/20/2011 4:20:08 PM
Good post I agreed with most of it!!!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 231 (view)

small breast appreciation
Posted: 7/20/2011 4:17:58 PM
Wow it's interesting how white women feel that they're boobs are sometimes inadequate and black women feel like our asses are sometimes inadequate. This comes from BS male stereotyping......Black men like gigantic asses, and white men love gigantic boobs. And all women love gigantic penises!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 72 (view)

Are women bigger CHEATS than men ?
Posted: 7/19/2011 11:35:41 AM
At above post, that's what I said , Some men however think that because you guys are dating and getting to know each other, that you shouldn't be seeing anyone else because HE'S making an effort. I say that's bs.....Unless you've both come to that descision.
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 34 (view)

What affect do you think the media has had on expectations?
Posted: 7/19/2011 11:19:06 AM
Oh god, so well I don't go by the media's interpretation of how I SHOULD LOOK, they were never fair when it came to women of color and our bodies anyway. I will never have a flat butt, or small breast, because genetics made it that way, I do however work daily on my waste, that's it!! Curves are beautiful depending on what eyes you're looking through!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 511 (view)

People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 7/19/2011 11:01:34 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with any of us, accept for lack of faith and outside interest.
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 87 (view)

Why must the guy do it all?
Posted: 7/19/2011 10:50:25 AM
I completely agree with the above post, well stated..... I personally like the "good guy", but I attract the bad boy, and the bad boy is interesting for awhile (excitement), then afterwards when real life calls, he's just well bad for long term.
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 67 (view)

Are women bigger CHEATS than men ?
Posted: 7/19/2011 10:44:09 AM
In this day and age I can't really call it, but what constitutes as cheating? I think if your dating a guy, and you meet another you may want to date. How is that cheating? Being a 34 year old woman I've been in love a few times and I know what a real relationship is made of. Why is that looked on as a bad thing to keep your options open and not put all your eggs in one basket? Please..... men have been doing it for years!!! Now if you're in a situation where A. You live together, B. You've both said we are exclusively seeing each other, or C. You have time invested in each other (over a year), then yeah that's cheating if you step outside of those boundaries. Anything else is fishing.......
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 40 (view)

Should I pay?
Posted: 7/19/2011 10:35:13 AM
LMAO at this thread...... WOw, how come I don't run into guys like this lol!!!! I'm still trying to get an ex to pay for damage to my car 3 years ago smh!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 45 (view)

Do people even know what a long term relationship is?
Posted: 7/19/2011 10:31:12 AM
Honestly I've met two guys on this site, and I really liked them both, very cool brothas who I still talk too. One lived to far from me, so I couldn't really get into him, and the other who I REALLY liked, was and is a player, but he's still cool! I hook up with either on occasion to hang out catch a show, and believe or not sex is not on there minds all the time (I haven't slept with neither, still weighing my pros and cons, plus I know what I want), the one far from me is working on some things to improve his situation so honestly he's not ready for me (sometimes you meet people at the wrong time in life), the other one, is ALOT of fun, but not long term relationship material, so I keep him in his box also. To meet someone off the net and expect to get into a long term relationship is very rare, not impossible, but people need to look at internet dating as a meet and greet, if the person is interesting to you, WORK ON FRIENDSHIP FIRST, stop being so damn desperate. I run from desperate men, so I know men run from desperate acting women too!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 80 (view)

Can you actually find TRUE love on dating sites?
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:53:26 AM
I think it can be done, it just depends on the chemistry. Unfortunately the internet is the BIGGEST dating scene there is...... especially if you're in your thirties. I'm sure ladies can agree with me, I live in Chicago, a thriving metropolis, try going to a bar or lounge on a Friday or Saturday night (my off days) and see how many men you meet in there thirties there!!!! Maybe one to like seven, and two came with there girlfriends, seriously!!!!! You're taking gamble either way it goes, but if you look at the glass as half empty, then well that's the problem. If I meet a guy, and like him enough to give him my number, I get excited about the first date each time, even if the last three didn't work out. But I love to meet new people anyway. So meeting a nice guy, even if he's not what you ultimately want, is cool to me. No qualms, because friendships can turn into lovers, or your just knowing somebody has your back is just as good to me!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 127 (view)

mature women with lust based profiles
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:38:58 AM
I have a cleavage shot on my page, and yes I do get horne dogs who hit my page for sex, but I also get men who hit my page because they want to get to know me. So when I get those hits, I just politely delete them and keep it moving. If they think just because my cleavage is out, there going to get sex........well that's just pathetic!!! And what the hell does "being mature" have to do with still feeling sexy?
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 200 (view)

Why do older men have dirty minds?
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:33:15 AM
I completely agree with the post, they hit you up and think you're going to have internet sex with them........And what the flub is that? Let me "type" dirty to you, it's ridiculous!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 116 (view)

Text talk in the over 30s
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:29:19 AM
I hate it, as a matter of fact, I hate texting period!! Especially when you first meet a guy and he texts you ALL THE TIME!! I feel like a man who's truly interested will pick up the phone and speak to you. Plus I have a standard phone without a keyboard so texting really sucks for me. I just won't respond until he calls.
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 486 (view)

older guys younger women
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:25:53 AM
Please Older men prefer younger women because it brings there youth back. My mother used to tell me to never date a man to much older than me because he would suck my youth from me like a vampire. Now that I'm 34, it doesn't really matter lol!! But older men who get women in there twenties are playing daddy, do NOT let them fool you. It's less of a hassle and plus her youth stimulates him more than anything else.
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 126 (view)

Where can I meet a guy other than the internet?
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:22:07 AM
I HATE it when men say the grocery store, or shopping. When I'm at the grocery store the only concern I have is getting the hell out there, and I NEVER see men shopping alone anyway. I have a washer and dryer at home so that wont work either. And going to a restaurant by yourself is just tooooo depressing. Barbeques are cool, but it's alot of the same of what you get on the internet. So the internet in today's world is your best choice.
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 168 (view)

I like Older Women because........
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:17:49 AM
I think young guys try to date women in there 30's and 40's for a meal ticket. This may not be true in all cases, but I don't trust it. I've never met a man in his twenties who I can carry on a real conversation with, yeah we can flirt, talk shyt, shoot the breeze. But to seriously make him my boyfriend, or even have sex would just be a waste of time for me. (Well I take back the have sex lol), but after it's over, it's like okay.....don't forget your nikes!!! And what can a man in his twenties seriously bring to the table but his penis. You can't build!! He'll just be building off of you!!! I'll stick with my 30 to 40 year old guys, plus there kids are almost grown, or grown and out the house. NO BABY MAMA DRAMA
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 295 (view)

How come we all get so picky after 30?
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:13:16 AM
Exactly at the above post!! Less time to waste, I can tell if I will hit it off with a guy from the first few minutes of conversation with him. It's really becoming that simple which is why I am becoming comfortable in my state of mind. Guys in there thirties can be interesting at times, but I seriously get sick of hearing about your problems, and what your ex wife did to you, and all that other crap. Keep it simple and lively!!!! Especially on those first few dates, no one wants a pity party when they first meet. Geesh!!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 86 (view)

Is dating in your 30's a DEAD ZONE????
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:08:40 AM
I'm seriously starting to think it is........I am getting so I don't even want to answer my phone, because of the disappointment, but I try to stay positive, because I'm a romantic at heart!!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 194 (view)

At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:04:40 AM
Never give up!!! It does feel like your just meeting different people and not getting anywhere, but just try to stay positive, you're only 22, jeesh!!!!!
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 713 (view)

Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?
Posted: 7/19/2011 1:59:53 AM
I'm not a man, and I'm really starting to wonder this myself. I think marriage is a beautiful thing when you're truly in love, but I also think that it's not everyone's picket fence dream. I want a man who makes me feel alive and beautiful again, one who is career motivated and pretty much where he should be, or at least knows where he's going at 35. I want to travel and live life, if marriage is the result of that, that's beautiful, if not, that's cool too. I'll take companionship that I crave over marriage at this stage in my life!!!!

Show ALL Forums