Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Smashwords / PayPal obscenity issue.
 salamander000
Msg: 35 (view)

Smashwords / PayPal obscenity issue.
Posted: 4/12/2012 6:55:43 PM

Addendum: Much of this eroticism isn't even outré or daring or artistic, or stretching the boundaries of human experience. It is not profound in anyway. Most of it is a camouflage for bad writing.

I have to agree~
 salamander000
Msg: 113 (view)

are you glad the hippies have gone?
Posted: 1/23/2012 12:42:43 PM
Hippies, yuppies, punks...many branches

Huppies, Puppies, Yippies, Pippies, PHippies, PHuppies, PYippies...the list goes on. Mods, Skas, Skmods and none are Joe Shmose.

I prefer to take some stance over no stance...as long as you have a choice you may as well have a preference.
 salamander000
Msg: 40 (view)

What was your worst Christmas gift ever?
Posted: 12/24/2011 12:48:56 PM
I received a travel toothbrush (with case) and all the boys (3) got gold pocketwatches...thanks momma...

Oh, and one year I got a rock from one of my brothers....a regular limestone rock, painted with little flowers. I use it to prop my kitchen window open, and think of him every day.
 salamander000
Msg: 30 (view)

Beat your woman... LEGALLY!
Posted: 10/14/2011 12:28:17 PM
I love "The Onion!"

I live in Lawrence, and Topeka is just a hop skip and jump. If I had a wife I would definately take her out of Lawrence, and either to KCK, Topeka, or Junction City as she desired and or required.
 salamander000
Msg: 215 (view)

what good or bad food do you remember from childhood?
Posted: 10/12/2011 10:13:25 PM
You got your choice for a make your own snack...bologne on white bread, with or without condiment if you were lucky, condiment....then for dinner, it was either goulash, meatloaf, or fried chicken. I remember I ate some of Sparky's dog food while sitting on the cement stair in the garage. It was pretty good.
 salamander000
Msg: 58 (view)

An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Posted: 9/3/2011 5:38:32 AM
Oh, this is all about buying cars? Ha! Yea, buy some more cars! Good idea! Detroit needs you! Drive drive drive! It's good for you!
 salamander000
Msg: 50 (view)

An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Posted: 9/2/2011 4:18:31 AM
Oh gheez, I am not even gonna read it, yea I know they eating up all the fish, haha! But you better make friend with Chinese now, cos you gonna have to do it sooner r later! hah! as for comment "Jap evil" um, gaad how ugly! Nevermind////Patriotism?? patriotism? ha! this is joke, yes?
 salamander000
Msg: 12 (view)

I lost my diamond earring...
Posted: 8/29/2011 7:16:35 PM
On a brighter note, I found a diamond on my floor a coupla months ago (only a quarter karat, but still, I also found my dad's wedding ring (he passed away in '73, 900 miles from here)

I'd think you'd have to take the tub out, or is it a porcelain tub? This guy swears by a shop vac and pantyhose? Hmmm~

http://www.familyhack.com/2007/08/29/drain-tip/

Duh me! Oh well, good trick at any rate! "Call a plumber out and have them check it out because the drains on the showers don't have catched in them and stuff just runs right out, unless it is heavy enough to settle in the pipe somewhere."
 salamander000
Msg: 17 (view)

STOP light help
Posted: 8/29/2011 5:01:03 PM
This most likely way off , but the inside break light inside my car today was on, and I needed brake fluid, maybe you have too much brake fluid! haha!

Congrats for attempting to fix it yourself! I've learned never to go to a mechanics shop alone.

Yea, it's sexist and fascist, but it still goes on.

Oh and as someone else mentioned, make sure that emergency brake lever/pull is working properly. There could be a short with it??
 salamander000
Msg: 3 (view)

hiding the time you were last online
Posted: 8/23/2011 9:45:04 PM
maybe it's a private joke!?!
 salamander000
Msg: 13 (view)

Would You Think It Was Creepy If...
Posted: 8/20/2011 11:02:22 AM
I think it's creepy that someone would think it creepy. If it was not premeditated? A spur of the moment thing as a thank you gesture or spontaneous, yes. I am always leery of people who won't accept gifts, it means to me "don't expect me to give you anything in return."

It sends a message to me loud and clear, that the giver is acting the more selfishly as I think giving is more satisfying than receiving. I think it could become a power trip, but I like to think or it more as a two way street. Give away I say, if the mood hits you!

This is not a fun topic for me, but I felt compelled all of the sudden to give my opinion.

Opsie, just noticed this was "ask a guy" forum, oh well....hell.
 salamander000
Msg: 90 (view)

Can someone explain why pot smoking is acceptable in adults
Posted: 8/4/2011 6:46:50 PM
Wot about all those drivers on caffeine!?! Boy they can sure be a pain! Yea, so, which would you rather have? I mellowed out slower driver or one on a road rage campaign?
 salamander000
Msg: 8 (view)

Cleaning a fridge tips?
Posted: 8/4/2011 6:40:49 PM

Go on the website of that brand fridge and use the products and methods they advise. They made it and they know what works best.

Somehow that makes no sense to me. Unless that fridge brand also makes/produces cleansers

Vinegar and water, open and air out, maybe even vacuum coils

Hey, long as your in the mood...mine could use a good cleaning!
 salamander000
Msg: 8 (view)

Women perspective!!!!(Guys can answer too.
Posted: 8/4/2011 5:50:53 PM
Wow, some very insightful thought in that post! Whew~ That was very Pfiesty! I learned a thing or two!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
 salamander000
Msg: 45 (view)

Dr Death Jack Kevorkian dies peacfully in his sleep.
Posted: 6/5/2011 6:19:02 AM

personally i think he is, or rather go down in history as a great man
rest in peace jack

Absolutely. One of my greatest heroes, and they threw him in prison. Damned medical profession in this country is an abomination
 salamander000
Msg: 18 (view)

Funny commercials..........
Posted: 5/31/2011 9:34:52 PM
More often than not I am annoyed and humiliated................

"Enjoy the go"

by you know who Charmin "bathroom Tissue" (why must they insists that the word toilet paper is crass? Well it is, but that's another saga
 salamander000
Msg: 3 (view)

controlling pupils now a days, a green light to social disorder!
Posted: 5/24/2011 3:48:50 PM
What? He's scratched his pupils? I sure hope his corneas weren't damaged!

Messages this short may not be posted

Messages this short may not be posted
 salamander000
Msg: 92 (view)

What's So Hot About Long Hair?
Posted: 5/16/2011 3:34:51 PM
SM doesn't know something? Well, hell musta froze over! anyhoo, back to the topic, I can remember the very first time I ever ever in my whole life saw a man with a bald head...it was way out on LA somewhere, North Hollywood? A couple, and i just thought it was the sexiest thing on the planet...and also, one more comment (hope not to offend) but CC seemed to know quite a bit about the topic at hand...ha! Hmmm, and yes I am very bored today, very boring also...peAce love and hari (hair) to all!
 salamander000
Msg: 322 (view)

Muslims taken off plane because pilot was uncomfortable with them.
Posted: 5/16/2011 2:41:02 PM
Oh for sakes (all sides of this discussion) The people were humiliated and made to wait 6 hours for another flight, that we know...for a fact...so?? What's all the hullaballooo about? I get humiliated and made to wait all the time, and I sure as hell don't get 14 pages of discussion on if it was "valid" or not...let's let this horse rest, shall we? After all, pilots get drunk, people bomb buildings, yada yada yada..discuss it to death, go ahead.....

See? Lost my composure..it happens
 salamander000
Msg: 47 (view)

How to get an ex back?
Posted: 5/15/2011 10:10:37 AM
Aww come on, everyone knows they are perfect for each other...;)

footnote and question: is esteme an ideogram for esteem combined with extreme?
 salamander000
Msg: 246 (view)

Posted: 5/14/2011 9:40:18 AM
Thank you EP, You just saved me a whole lotta typing (which I wouldn't have done)

I would have simply said "pay the dues" (for the life you choose)

The CBS reporter story got me going on that one...
 salamander000
Msg: 190 (view)

Posted: 5/13/2011 8:06:30 AM
Well after reading all of this, my only complaint about human right to "dress" as they please, no more donning of Patchoulli oil anywhere! That chit will linger in your mind forever.

Now if there ever was a crime committed, that has to be the worst of all!
 salamander000
Msg: 31 (view)

Does any one still own an iron?
Posted: 5/12/2011 11:34:54 AM
I have one but i don't use for clothes. Touch up maybe (think boondocks saints, ha!) I just hand from a hanger while showering or drop in the dryer with damp piece of fabric..nothing survives for an iron around me, except for a court appearance, and knock on wood, that has been quite some time.

My preferred method for long drying times such s blankets, quilts, haeavy items and towels is the closethline, weather permitting, or shower curtain shaft.

I own a professional clothing steamer,. Not cheap, takes up room, requires either non mineral water or boiled and cooled water..but no ironing for me! That's for the 1-900 days, when you need something to occupy your time besides eating a peach
 salamander000

Are You Always Barefoot?
Posted: 5/12/2011 11:27:28 AM

I've went barefoot for so many years...I'm paying the price for it now.
Completely flat footed now....and shoes with arches kill me.

Which physician informed you of that opinion??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_feet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_feet

And why just not wear shoes without arches?
 salamander000

What should I do with this breakup from here on out?
Posted: 5/8/2011 12:16:23 PM
I'm going to puke

I'm going to puke

I'm going to puke

I'm going to puke

these are the very word resonating in my mind upon skimming

Opsie, that wasn't very kind or helpful, but sometimes thought just take over, and impulse wins over
 salamander000
Msg: 98 (view)

Confidence Vs Arrogance
Posted: 5/8/2011 11:55:59 AM
In my personal humble opinion, I believe that men tend to be more team orientated than women, but who's to say really? Does estrogen out beat out testosterone?

It's a multifaceted question... think womens rugby versus mens table tennis*"

*ping pong

let's talk badmitten and croquet, shall we?

smells like "team spirit" works for the masses, but thoreau works for the individualist
 salamander000
Msg: 20 (view)

An innocent accidental death
Posted: 5/6/2011 3:36:58 PM
as long as the question is in limbo, lets beg to ask the level (of you know what) of those show have more questions...oh wait, t'was not a serious question? gee whiz, went right over my head.

ack, let me reiterate a bit. Animals, insects or rodents being #1 will most likely inherit the earth. So now, who's of more intelligence?"
 salamander000
Msg: 153 (view)

People who hate cats -- why?
Posted: 5/5/2011 9:15:43 AM
I can blanket whatever I wanna, and note "in my opinion" there is some sort of repressed subconscious reason for people hating certain animals. I dislike squirrels personally, but I don't wish any squirrel hatred on anyone.

PS There's been a few time canines have pounced on chickens, and fox too~
 salamander000
Msg: 150 (view)

People who hate cats -- why?
Posted: 5/5/2011 7:09:35 AM
I my opinion, "dog people" are a bit more ego centric, and controlling and like having an animal that serves them, and cat people are more giving and subservient..plus , I like the fact that I can leave town if I have a cat, but what to do with the darn dog?

I have have neither

I don't want any pets at all, not goldfish, not finch, nada. They all require unnecessary duties on my part as a human.

I here and now proclaim that I will no longer be a pet to an animal
 salamander000
Msg: 35 (view)

news anchor attire
Posted: 5/4/2011 7:25:38 PM
This link will make you laugh, if you can understand a few of the words this guy says, blah blah blah, I am taking up space cos post this short blah blah blah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNiIbpRXUtM&feature=share

I did catch "you can stick it up yur arste cos I don't give a shyte" part tho~
 salamander000
Msg: 19 (view)

What should I do with this breakup from here on out?
Posted: 5/4/2011 6:22:07 PM
Wow, I've yet to be "Sex't" am I missing out on something good? Maybe go to the dollar store sometime soon and pick me up a $10 cell and a card...I guess only those who are "experienced" know just how good it can get!

Kinda sounds like something what's his name would do on "Dirty Jobs" show to a chicken

Mike Rowe! He would know! I betcha he's an expert on Sexting!
 salamander000
Msg: 149 (view)

Bin Laden
Posted: 5/3/2011 7:21:39 PM
Bin Laden is on video tape admitting to planning 9/11
haha! Yea and I have a video of myself proclaiming the same thing.......you know what? nothing ventured nothing gained, but nothing to lose,, I don't get it, except that all the sheep (or shepherd) needs is for one to cry wolf, and guess what? there will always be a wolf, a big bad one, real or imaginary, the sad fact of the matter is, the sheep never tire of crying out wolf! Cry on! No ones listening any longer~I, among others tired of this topic many many many years ago, but yelp, sheep keeps on breeding more and more sheep. Wake up and forget about it!
 salamander000
Msg: 115 (view)

Bin Laden
Posted: 5/3/2011 8:49:55 AM
I promised myself to stay out of this thread but a friend asked me to mesearch rituals...

In terms of the basic requirements for Muslim burials, standard practice involves placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca. Burial at sea is rare in Islam, though Muslim websites say it is permitted in certain circumstances. One is during a long voyage where the body may decompose and pose a health hazard to a ship's passengers, an exception noted on Monday by Tunisian scholar Ahmed al-Gharbi. Another is if there is a risk of enemies digging up a and grave and exhuming or mutilating the body.

source http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/sea-burial-osama-bin-laden

I guess cremation is not an option? re:carbon dating etc?
 salamander000

Don't want to meet new people :(
Posted: 5/2/2011 9:08:29 AM
Do either nothing...or do the first thing that comes to mind, and dear abby may not recommend it, but I've found from experience,that "I find" someone when I am not in the least bit looking...so keep on not looking, and then grab the first one that comes along, fall in list, have a lotta sex, then things will "dwizzle" and you can start anew!

Works every time!
 salamander000
Msg: 48 (view)

Bin Laden
Posted: 5/2/2011 8:11:40 AM
As mom used to say "don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see and nothing of what they say."
That taking into consideration she was generous...

Dontchas all get that kink in your belly feeling that something is wrong with this picture (you could name at least five I am sure there's more)

OK, here is the lowdown. Bin Laden is Obama's distant relative (or not too distant) and Bush is definitely related to Obama. We can with some surety say they were all in bed together having a party.
They (with others watching, guiding) decided that if and when it came down to just one that it would be the youngest to carry on the family name.
So, #1 they had to agree to make sure the world believed Unkle Bin was believed to be the wicked and evil stepfather, Bush was the great uncle.

All, of course would and could retire in cmfort, until Teddy Bear T would take over for Bama baby if things got rough. After all Ted's permanently embalmed, cryogenically frozen and preserved, and can have his clone step in as himself once O baby bama breaks from the strain?
Now, I am sure I've left a coupla men out from under the covers these men were laying in together in bed....but feel free to refresh my memory... note, no goldilocks anywhere to be found.
 salamander000
Msg: 43 (view)

Special Offers for Active Adults
Posted: 4/28/2011 3:28:20 AM

OMG ... I think I'd be happier if I stopped opening the mail ...

I get the same kinds of mail, so if your special, so am I....lol

dang! I don't get any mail! Does that mean I am dead?
 salamander000
Msg: 69 (view)

I'm in a bad position
Posted: 4/28/2011 1:58:29 AM
hmm, ok I've taken the time to take this whole thread full circle, and come to the same conclusion is that these people are most likely perfect for each other, and that are going to go on and propagate the world with more of their kind.

Yup, sad but true, but this sounds like a lost cause to me, happens all the time people, all over the place, and it will always happen. Oh sure they'll come back and complain for a bit, get some salt rubbed out of their wounds.
Truth be told, most are too lazy to change and they ain't gonna do it, so you may as well stop waisting your breath

There's not a dang thing you can say to this woman that's going to help her long term.(she already knows everything) It's up to her and her only, and personally think it's selfish to take up space, but heck it's the intranet, we've a lot of space to fill up! SO go ahead..... spill!
 salamander000

Just how do I function when I'm alone?
Posted: 4/26/2011 12:02:03 AM
I think what most people fail to recognise is that they are truly alone with themselves all the time.. you could wake up one morning, and so n so could be gone..repeat this mantra I/you are always alone, I am always alone, I am responsible for my thoughts, I will live through this, I am alone... etc etc...cos it's true, even in the most perfect of circumstances someone is going to die first, even if it's a matter of seconds...not to sound quaint, ok, well..."you are your one and only best friend"

It's really very basic no reason to go and buy a self help book. just think it, "I am ok, all by myself" and there you are!
 salamander000
Msg: 29 (view)

What difference is there between Swedish women and North American women?
Posted: 4/25/2011 1:44:40 AM

Speaking in absolutes (let alone ABSOLUTES) invalidates a lot.

Ohh, I get it, this was a trick question! Once again Sapphire if you please
 salamander000
Msg: 18 (view)

Royal Wedding - Bored or Giddy?
Posted: 4/25/2011 1:38:19 AM
I'm not bored or giddy about it. Just don't agree with the obscene amount of money being frittered away on the ceremony when there's such global poverty and suffering.

party pooper! haha! You know I agree with you absolute, why not just buy the whole of UK a bottle?

Bombay Sapphire here if you please
 salamander000
Msg: 33 (view)

39% of singles would rather have a root canal...
Posted: 4/25/2011 1:33:16 AM
Well the difference is (for me at least) is that I probably need a root canal, but I can do without another royal marriage...do I get a free one for that?
 salamander000
Msg: 82 (view)

Another Chance or too weird?
Posted: 4/24/2011 7:36:17 PM

Forum rules state you can't insult people.

She has gotten a bunch of people together on
these forums to insult this guy. Her motive-

and then.....

I don't know but pretty fccking sad.

ha
 salamander000
Msg: 24 (view)

Would you ever have your handwriting analyzed?
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:02:49 PM
Interesting to me, that the people I know who have beautiful cursive handwriting are well, baby boomers, i.e. over 40, and the largest factor I've noted just from personal experience, is best are those who are typing illiterate. I have taken in all sorts of books arts classes, penmanship, calligraphy, illumination writing, paper making, and I believe handwriting is becoming a lost art.
 salamander000
Msg: 19 (view)

When Death Gets Stuck in Traffic: a Zombie Memoir
Posted: 4/24/2011 8:04:53 AM
good luck to you, enjoyed the reading, I am sure you will continue. Nice of you to stop by and say hello again~happy easter
 salamander000
Msg: 27 (view)

Fantasy Vs Reality..
Posted: 4/24/2011 7:34:01 AM
The reality is that my fantasies have become realities, and when they became real, they no longer held the appeal...as a metaphor, think Alfred Hitchc*ck's movie making...be careful making wishes....be careful holding thoughts, be careful what you think, as most of the things I've wished came to me, but weren't all what they seemed.
 salamander000

Would you ever have your handwriting analyzed?
Posted: 4/24/2011 4:04:36 AM
No, hadn't considered it. I figure I am the best analyst of my own handwriting , but if some of you are repressed typing analyzers, I'd be more than happy to leave all my typos in, and you can call freud into a seance and ask him what he thinks I was really trying to express. But as with dream analysis or any introspective searches, I think we are our own best watsons and whathisnames? Sherlocks! ha
 salamander000
Msg: 57 (view)

You saw a light, I saw a freight train coming
Posted: 4/22/2011 6:18:25 PM
I say "Say the hell whatever you wanna say, whattya you got to lose?? No division of the sexes in "friends" but if there was "a girlfriend would tell a girlfriend if something was amiss.."but guys wanna keep girls like lollipops,. so they can save 'em in case the wanna savor 'em later..

btw

speaking of the "She ain't gonna listen to ya anyways, you did say she was a woman."

I would call that a.... "There are more "poster sayings"
FAUX PAS

Dam'nd if ya do, darned if you don't , is that was was coming next?

Personally I wouldn't give a hoot n a haw about her relationships or sex life, unless somehow II felt I was losing something personally

Gysh I can't believe I just posted such trivial drivel..well beats, ummm, not TV, not the radio, not cooking dinner, but it was mildly entertaining 4 posts into it....
 salamander000
Msg: 67 (view)

PoF screening for potential sex offenders
Posted: 4/22/2011 12:11:27 PM
I mean she could be on the national offender registry as far as I know...

Or she could have up to 5 or more different last names...women have the edge on the whole "last name bit" I once jokingly said to a guy I was dating, "Hey, I know how we could get a spot on Oprah! You could be the first man in history to take his wife's last name"

He informed me that episode had already been done...shucks, missed my chance, Oprah! Imagine!

What about those double triple quadrouble quint last names? Yes I know a woman, and pretty closely that list all five, or was it 6 including her maiden?' last names, then there's the Double first, double middle, oh, they can go on and on, those blue bloods!
 salamander000
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 4/22/2011 9:54:17 AM
Whew, glad we got to the tired part or reading the red herring test on this topic. It's not the ingenious ones who are gonna get caught, it's the (*#(%&#@@$ that just got outta jail, or the "here's my business card" lil bo peep girls who just got away with the loot. If ya wanna stay home and do nothing, Be my guest! S'cuse be your own guest.

If ya wanna stay home and do homework, well, then, by all means...
 salamander000
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2011 7:41:49 PM
That's right, who has as must vested interest in your welfare as we, or if we have offspring etc, still ourselves. But as far as passing the buck, "oh you should have check fro me! etc, bah!

What If I was a victim that became a perp to perps (such as some cops) or an ambulance chaser, or an atty, OR a Journalist, yea I might be interested.

but the more hands you take out of the power of the people to take responsibility for themselves (even if they are forced to learn it the hard way) and it may be the only way, the less people with think for themselves.

We can't expect an online dating site to care as much for your welfare or fail as we do. So let's do our own homework.
Complaining that it was "their fault something happened to you..oh, I trusted, after Snatch.com is a reputable dating site, they would never take changes with my life! If it hadn't been for snatch.com this would never have happened , call the authorities, call an attorney, call the newspapers..that way everybody gets famous, not only you, but him or her.

Maybe Ophrah wil be interested, but it won't only be his or her picture on the page but vicitms and families own, and your loved ones (not that I care) some folks might.

I live in a state where online perps pics and pics are posted everywhere online and sometimes even on street corners, and I have some questions about that also...........

I'd rather be a cautious person a d vigilante (but mosts senses are highly aware of the state of dating strangers) Shall we all become Boondocks saints? (by goodness why just look haw many are on POF!)

Show ALL Forums