Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How do you cope with losing a daughter!!!!
 Kongzilla
Msg: 8 (view)

How do you cope with losing a daughter!!!!
Posted: 6/2/2009 12:17:14 PM
The closest I can come is the death of my sister's first fiance, who was like a brother to me. He was younger than me. The only thing you can do is take it one minute at a time. You may have good times for awhile, then for no reson at all have a bad time. There's no rhyme or reason to it, it just happens. Don't expect a cure, there is none. I've heard a saying that goes something like "It's not a disease you're cured of, it's an amputation you learn to live with".
 Kongzilla
Msg: 5 (view)

Not Bothering
Posted: 5/14/2009 9:36:00 AM
Thanks for everyone's answers. I should clarify one point. When I said old enough to care I meant way back when I first becam interested in women, a long time ago. I meant to say that I've been hearing the adminition not to bother for a long time. My age had nothing to do with it.

As for the advice about a makeover, I think I need more than that. I'm thinking more along the lines of genetic engineering! LOL!

I don't think my profile is that desperate, and I certainly didn't mean for it to be. I just wanted to ward off the scammers, or at least let them know that I'm not that easy to fool.

And for the lady who said she cried during "King Kong", look on the bright side. Kong got up, went to another island, drank berry juice, grew bigger and stronger, and came back to whip Godzilla.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 1 (view)

Not Bothering
Posted: 5/13/2009 2:59:11 PM
Ladies, are there any men that you think should not even bother with the dating scene? Men who for whatever reason; looks, income, etc should just throw in the towel.. I'm not talking about men who aren't your type, but men you believe aren't anyones' type. I've been told not to bother since before I was old enough to care, and I am curious, were they speaking only for themselves, or were they expressing the "will of the Sisterhood"? I ask out of curiosity alone, it's not going to affect how I operate.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 30 (view)

Can the fall of Ancient Rome Compare to American Now?
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:37:52 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^
To add to the above post, the western half of the empire fell in 476, but there was a remnant, the Kingdom of Soisson, that lasted for another ten years. The Senate of Rome continued on for much longer; it was around as late as 900 AD. And even after the fall, the Germanic warlords that took over tried to portray themselves as Romans, even going so far as to ask them Emperor of the East to declare them to be the Emperor of the West. The greatest example of this was Charlemange. His Holy Roman Empire, which continued on in the eastern third of the empire after his grandsons divided the empire, lasted until 1806. It was abolished by Naploean, who I am convinced was trying to become a Roman Emperor in his own right. All throughout European history, the top powers of the day always saw themselves as the new Romans. The Russian Czar/Tsar is a version of Ceasar. The Russians even called Moscow the Third Rome. The German Kaiser of WW1 is the correct Latin pronuciation of the name. Even the Nazi salute is a rip-off of the Roman salute, which begins with the fist to the chest, then open hand straight out. Rome was unique in History; how many people care why the Sumerians, Babyalonians, Assyrians, or Persians fell?

In a way, the Romans still exist. Just like America will continue to exist. America does not need a ruling aristocracy, in fact it would be better off without one. There are enough loyal Americans to ensure its continued survival. The Cowboys, Rednecks and Hillbillies the rest of the world looks down on will continue on, not careing about world opinion, long after the Political, Cultural, and Academic Elites have submitted to the latest threat, currently radical Islam. Get over yourselves, People, America will survive, even in the likihood of Obama's election.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 21 (view)

Atlantis/Lemuria Real?
Posted: 10/15/2008 8:29:02 AM
I believe that an Atlantis of some sort existed, as one of many nations; Mu, Lemuria etc. But whether they were super advanced or just a little ahead of the upright monkies of the day, I don't know. I don't buy into the explanations that the ancient monuments were made by primatives buy hacking through stone with deer antlers, and raising things by pileing stones under them.

A slight correction. While most of Antarctica has been covered with ice for several hundred thousand years, parts of the coastline were visible until much more recently. There are ancient maps that show the coastline, and they have been proven accurate by scientific surveys.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 103 (view)

What's up with all the hatred towards feminists?
Posted: 10/7/2008 10:32:53 AM
Someone asked for examples of the laws that legalize misandry. Well, here they are.

Title 9 which has as its goal the banning of all male only sports. Wrestling (amatuer, not WWE) has been a victims of this. Several schools and universities have banned it because of Title 9

Imbedded in the Violence Against Women Act is IMBRA, the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act. It seeks to make it illegal for American men to contact foreign women for the purpose of seeking marriage. The justification is that American men are nothing but abusers and are seeking foreign women for no other reason than to abuse them.

Sexual harassment laws. Instead of defining what constitutes sexual harassment, it's "whatever the woman thinks it is". And furthermore "It's the seriousness of the charge, not the nature of the evidence that's important." Try that on any other criminal accusation. Because of this little boys in kindergarden are being labled as sexual predators for doing something that would used to be considered silly and at worst bring a mild reprimand. Nothing like starting early.

Next are the statements listed in previous posts. We're told that we're "taking them out of context" What context should they be taken in? Pick a few statements and tell us how they should be interpreted.

Maybe men hate feminists because feminists hate men and the men don't want to become castrati metrosexuals like the feminists want.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 2 (view)

Hey any other fantasy writers?
Posted: 9/24/2008 3:22:39 PM
I'm an aspiring fantasy writer myself. I have several projects, none of which are anywhere near completion. I prefer the more adult themed smash-mouth type of fantasy to the kid friendly Harry Potter type. Not that there is anything wrong with Harry Potter, Rawling found a formula that worked so good for her. My favorite Robert E Howard, the author best know for creating Conan the Barbarian and Kull the Conqueror, and the soon to be released Soloman Kane. I also like Fritz Leiber, creator of Fafhrd and Grey Mouser. Of the more recent writers, I like the late Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, Robert Salvatore, David Eddings, and Terry Brooks. But mimicing others is not enough the key is to come up with something that is your own. If there is one bit of advice I could give, it would be that.

Good Luck
 Kongzilla
Msg: 7 (view)

Question for men: the height issue
Posted: 9/23/2008 12:13:39 PM
The one social perception about short men is the "Napolean Complex" accusation. If a short guy has an attitude he has a Napolean Complex, and that's considered a bad thing. But if a tall guy has an attitude, he's assertive, or a strong man, or a bad boy, all of which are considered good things. Explain that one to me.
 Kongzilla

Ghosts vs Bigfoot
Posted: 9/10/2008 2:35:11 PM
If given the choice what would you rather see : a Ghost or other supernatural entity, or a Cryptid, such as Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, etc. I am operating from the point of view that both types of entities exist, skeptics who say that neither exist will be of no help. Personally, I'd prefer to see a Cryptid. They're just going about their business being whatever they are. Ghosts are said to be entities that dn't accept that they are dead. That suggests something with serious issues. I just want to know what others think.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 18 (view)

Ancient Warriors vs. Modern Warriors
Posted: 8/28/2008 1:20:52 PM
I quite disagree considering modern men know more hand-to-hand fighting techniques then they did in Sparta. Would you think that a Spartan would stand a chance against the likes of Chuck Norris? Granted, not all modern soldiers are on the Chuck Norris/Bruce Lee level, but we have learned a few things that our predecessors didn't know about fighting

I bed to differ. The Spartans and other ancient Greeks, and the Romans as well, were trained in the fighting style of Pankration, which was the original MMA. And the Spartans added biting, gouging and groin hitting as staples of their version, and were not troubled by the niceities of marquis of Queensbury rules, or other philisophical considerations. A Spartan would do quite well in hand to hand against a modern soldier.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 16 (view)

Why would a man or a woman need to look in a prison to find a partner?
Posted: 8/19/2008 9:29:11 AM
It could be the ultimate expression of the desire for the bad boy/girl. Who's more of a Bad Boy than a guy in prison, or better still on Death Row. Death Row inmates seem to do very well with women.

It could also be a big scam. I saw one of those women in prison sites. How exactly do prison women have nude shots of them taken?
 Kongzilla
Msg: 43 (view)

How would sudden wealth change your dating style.
Posted: 8/12/2008 8:43:45 AM
It wouldn't change my dating style at all, because I still wouldn't date. The only difference would by that I'd get to laugh in the face of all the women who'd suddenly be interested in me when they weren't before.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 64 (view)

Your thoughts on guys being virgins...
Posted: 8/6/2008 9:39:09 AM
Who are you people trying to kid? The only women who are being honest are the ones who say they wouldn't go near male virgins. Ever since I was old enough to care iI've been told that Women don't like male virgins no matter what age they are. That's the truth, no exceptions.
 Kongzilla

How can I make a man feel special or intimate with him without having sex?
Posted: 8/6/2008 9:27:59 AM
I'm sure there are ways, but why would you want to? I've always heard that it was more empowering for women to make men feel humiliated and degraded.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 29 (view)

From Russia, With Love????
Posted: 7/30/2008 4:37:50 PM
Simple formula Foreign Marriage = Scammer. Anyone who says otherwise, is part of the scam. End of Story.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 47 (view)

Does a woman sending nude pictures or getting naked on a webcam before meeting means sex on the first date?
Posted: 7/24/2008 3:00:26 PM
More likely its just a fraud trying to sucker someone in for there own personal reasons, usually money. That's why there are so many adult personals out there.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 66 (view)

When men stress.....why do you guys want to isolate?
Posted: 7/16/2008 3:40:23 PM
Because most of my problems are caused by people. I isolate myself because the last thing I need is more people. Turning to someone else is like rubbing snow on frostbite, contrary to popular belief, it doesn't work and actually makes the problem worse.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 39 (view)

Why would a guy keep asking if you're ok during sex?
Posted: 7/16/2008 3:29:47 PM
Maybe he was trying to protect himself against a future rape accusation. it wouldn't work, but he has to try.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 101 (view)

Why Men Don't Write Long First Msg's
Posted: 7/15/2008 1:46:24 PM
I'm sure this has been said already, but I'll say it again. Why should a man waste his time spilling his guts in a message that's probably going to be deleted unread?
 Kongzilla
Msg: 11 (view)

> more friends if your rich, no one wants to be ur friend if ur poor-comment
Posted: 7/15/2008 1:42:41 PM
It's the dead-on accurate truth. It's been my experience that very often a friend is just someone who hasn't stabbed you in the back yet.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 76 (view)

Mars-vs-Venus,is it real or just BS?
Posted: 7/11/2008 8:28:10 AM
If it's true, then how did I end up on this mud ball. I want to go back home! Digging canals on Mars can't be any more difficult than the dating scene on Earth.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 65 (view)

Mars-vs-Venus,is it real or just BS?
Posted: 7/10/2008 5:35:29 PM
actually, kong is from a jungle, hot, steamy, clothes-reducing jungle, and it matters not what planet the other species feel they are from...what they should realize is they all came from the same primordial ooze as Kong, and but for a small chromosome, are essentially the same creature

Amen Brother! But unfortunately many people feel the need to act like big lizards and bugs, then call in the bi-planes when it doesn't go their way. Sometimes it's better just to kick back and guzzle the berry juice.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 20 (view)

Girl vs. Woman
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:06:35 AM
I prefer the term woman or lady. Using the term girl sounds too much like a pedophile. Nowadays, one has to be specific.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 2 (view)

Married but Separated?
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:02:33 AM
It's not a deal breaker for me. My parents are going through the same thing. Divorces can take years, and people shouldn't have to put their lives on hold in the mean time. I understand what you are going through and it would be no problem for me.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 4 (view)

Getting Beaten Up in Bars
Posted: 6/13/2008 8:31:50 AM
I haven't heard of the beaten up part, but I have gotten some very dirty looks on the rare occassions I've gone into bars and clubs. I've heard of the dress code and looks requirements, but I've never experienced them myself. I did once go into a club that had a big sign that said "No Unaccompanied Men Allowed" Luckily for me I was with a group of mostly women, so I wasn't bothered. But I could feel the staff watching me and I knew that the moment I was alone, they would be on me like cold on ice. I ahve also heard of many bars, clubs and events that either outright forbid single men, or charge them much more than women or couples.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 124 (view)

Is It Wrong for a Latina Women To Have A Preferance For Only White Men?
Posted: 6/10/2008 10:03:12 AM
I can't say whether or not it's wrong, because I've never even heard of such a thing. I've never heard of any kind of women haveing a preference for white men. In fact I've mainly heard of the exact opposite; they will not date white men. This is not only true of non-white women, but of white women as well. Many will openly declare that they despise white men, and will be praised for it.
 Kongzilla

Is this a new social phenomenon???
Posted: 5/24/2008 8:11:00 AM
There have been several comments about the "dating pool". It seems to me that the dating pool is filled with sharks, pirranahas, and gators. Now some swimmers are choosing to get out of the water and the predators are getting mad. Too bad. Maybe they shouldn't have bitten so hard.

I admire men who can do this. I only wish I could. Instead I waste time and money looking for something that I know is never going to happen. I can stay away for a time, usually because of either extreme bitterness and frustration, or vigorous physical activity, but those don't last forever. If there was a way I could eliminate the urges without doing physical damage, I would in a heartbeat.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 72 (view)

Evolution: Highly probable?
Posted: 5/15/2008 9:09:45 AM
Kongzilla:

Your slightly supercilious expression in the photo, coupled with the casual way that you discard the fossil evidence of human origins as being probably faked grates on my nerves somewhat. I don't know why I'm bothering to respond to your post cos it bears the hallmarks of someone who neither knows nor cares about the subject.

The common ancestor of humans and chimpanzees, our closest surviving relatives, is thought to have been an ape that lived between five and seven million years ago. The human and chimp lineages diverged about five million years ago and began to evolve along different routes. Chimps are thought to have continued interbreeding with humans for the first million years following this divergence.

You dismiss evolutionary theory as "Darwinism", as if it's still the 19th century and the scientific discoveries of the 20th century including Watson and Cricks' discovery of DNA never happened, yet these discoveries confirm and add explanatory power to the theory of evolution.

For instance, it is now known that chimpanzee DNA is 96% identical to our own, indicating the close historic relationship between the two species. Some scientists say that Darwin didn't go far enough in suggesting that we are descended from apes - the truth is we are apes.

Your comments about homo sapiens being older than "Darwinism" says is a mystery to me, as you include no dates. I think our species is thought to be between 160,000 to 200,000 years old. The fact that the earliest modern humans co-existed with other apes and hominids is irrelevant to the fact that both humans and apes evolved from an earlier common ancestor. It's like the fact that many different species of cat exist today. No one would suggest that domestic cats evolved from lions or whatever, but the familial relationship is undeniable and the fact is that all cat species derive from a much earlier common ancestor.

Why is Neanderthal Man "overhyped?" I find him a fascinating case of a human species who was contemporaneous with sapiens for a long time, yet presented markedly different anatomical features, particularly in the shape of his skull and jaw. I think the current theory is that he is not directly ancestral to H Sapiens, but diverged from the H Erectus line separately.

Do some reading on the subject young man and stop referring to evolutionary theory as "Darwinism". It makes you sound like that Stien idiot from the Expelled movie.

It's rather interesting that you chose to focus on only one part of my post, and ignored the overall premise that Evolution vs Creation is not an either/or argument, that there are other arguments besides those two, and things are just too complex for there to be a simple explantion. Instead you entirely misinterpreted what I said.

I called the theory Darwinism because Darwin was the one credited with discovering it. I know full well there were many others working on it. Example Robert Wallace, who worked on it at the same time as Darwin as well as Watson and Crick's DNA discoveries. Nameing something after its founder is not dismissive. And I haven't even seen the Ben Stein movie

You want dates, OK fine. In Argentina there are anatomically modern human remains and artifacts such as advanced paleoliths (stone tools) which possibly date back to the Pliocene Era 2-4 million years ago. If that date is correct, then it poses a problem for the Out of Africa Theory which states that Homo Sapiens are around 100,000 years olds and didn't come to the Americas until around 15,000 years ago with the Clovis People, the ancestors of the Native Americans (or whatever the current Politically Correct term is now).
More dates? In Table Mountain, in California, anatomically modern human remains have been found which could be anywhere from 9 million to 55 million years old, dates which are simply not acceptable to orthodox science. These are just a few examples of the possibility of a greater antiquity of humanity that have been found. If these dates are correct, then they are extremely relevant because one cannot be older than one's ancestors. What is not relevant is my alleged smirk.

I said the Neaderthals were overhyped because I'm fed up with the way scientists are going orgasmic over every little discovery about them. There is the subtle suggestion that the wrong species survived. Wrong species do not survive. Nature is a sink or swim game, and the Neaderthals sank. Some scientists continue to claim that modern humans wiped out the Neaderthals. Speaking of fossil evidence, show me the fossil evidence of mass graves of Neaderthals with Cro-Magnon spear points embeded in them. And apart from one possible hybrid fossil, there is no evidence that modern humans and Neanderthals interbred on any great scale. DNA tests have shown that modern humans have no Neaderthal in them. The Neaderthals were an evolutionary dead end who just couldn't make the cut. They are extinct, get over it.

I'm well aware that chimps have 98% similar DNA. But are you aware that ALL mammals are within 92% similar? Makes it a little less special. Humans are NOT apes. We may be decended from apes, and related to apes, but we are not apes, although admittedly some people do act like apes and monkeys. There is a world of difference between apes and human. No ape can walk upright, they are anatomically incapeable of it. No ape can talk, although a few can manage sign language. It is the same as birds beinging descended from dinosaurs, but they are not dinosaurs. There is a big difference between a chicken and a T-Rex, just as there is a big difference between and ape and a human. Humans are more than just their DNA, an idea which frosts scientists.

Guess I've done a little more reading than you thought.

I will say again Evolution vs Creation is not an either/or argument. Want evidence of that? I have a pre-Vatican II Bible. In the glossary section under Evolution it says that as long as one accepts that God is the First Cause, there is no problem in believing in Evolution. In another section on Pre-Adamites, it says that while Catholics should not believe in pre Adamite people, it is permissible to believe in other humanoid species. And contrary to Politically Correct teaching, there were attempts to reconcile Religion and Evolution. When Evolution first came out some theologians declared that Adam and Eve were when humans became conscience, so it was possible that prior to that humans did come from apes.

I will say one more time, the World and the Universe are too complex to be explained by one simple theory. Neither are required to conform to anyone's principles.

Read my who post next time.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 58 (view)

Evolution: Highly probable?
Posted: 5/14/2008 6:59:57 AM
I do no accept that Evolution vs Creation is an either or argument, nor do I accept that they are the only two arguments. There are other theories beside Darwinism.

There is Catastrophism. It states that when change come, it come suddenly, not nice and neat and gradual as in Darwinism. And the lifeform around have to sink or swim. Example: When the KT Asteroid hit, the Dinosaurs sank, the Mammals, and Birds swam.

There is also the Anomolous Evidence Theory. It says that there is ample evidence to show that anatomically modern humans are far older than Darwinism says (and the Earth is far older than the Creationists say). Many of the monkey people humans are supposedly decended from may be Piltdown style constructs ie a skull fragment from over here, a leg bone from over there, and saying that they are from the same creatures. But even if they are real, there are anatomically modern human remains every bit as old, showing that humans did not descend from the monkey people, but rather lived alongside them and that includes the various pithicuses, the Home -Whatevers, right up to the overhyped Neanderthals. And its not just humans either. Other organismis can be shown to have a greater antiquity as well. For example flowering plants are generally said to have firt appeared at in the Cretateous period, the end of the Age of Dinosaurs. Yet there is eveidence to show that there were flowering plants in the Permian Age, which is pre-Dinosaurs. And in no case has there ever been any evidence of an intermdiary life form between non -flowering plants and flowering plants.

The Universe is simply too complex, yet at the same time too fine tuned for one theory to explain it all.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 49 (view)

looking the gift horse in the mouth when something seems too good to be true...
Posted: 5/14/2008 6:30:22 AM
Somebody already used the line about paranoia, and I do agree that it is a heightened sense of awareness. Try remembering this line from the song "Secret Agent Man" ...a pretty face can hide an evil mid.." Of course evil minds come in all shapes and sizes. As for me I'd never trust a woman who'd be interested in me. They never have before, why would they start now?
 Kongzilla
Msg: 15 (view)

penis removal
Posted: 5/7/2008 5:01:29 PM
I've never thought of taking things that far, but I have often wanted to be able to rid myself of sexual desire so that I no longer waste time money and effort trying to satisfy urges that have never done me the slightest bit of good. I want to keep the physical benefits of testosterone.

As for the comment about then men would be without a brain. That is not true. There is a second brain loctaed down there, somewhat similar to the dinosaurs that had a second brain in their lower bodies, that would take over in certain situations. It is similar with men.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 46 (view)

if a woman is too hot
Posted: 5/7/2008 4:32:16 PM
I would not approach her. I reason that if I find a woman "hot" than so do alot of other guys with alot more to offer. There's no point in wasteing everyones' time
 Kongzilla
Msg: 3 (view)

Western Women with Younger, Non-western Men
Posted: 5/6/2008 11:53:52 AM
I have heard of this senario. Many of the women are looking for some exotic, real man. They often complain that the men at home aren't real men, or are too boring, forgetting that some (NOT ALL) of them spent large amounts of time metaphorically castrating the men at home, or at the very least ridiculing their interests to the point that the men at home have few interest at all, becoming little more than bland castrati. men in a non-Western culture haven't grown up with that, so they seem more like the real men that some Western women have been trying to get rid of. Unfortunately they often learn that it is often a double edged sword; the non-Western men have an entirely different view on how women should be treated.

Foriegn marriage is a bad deal all around.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 143 (view)

Can YOU cook?
Posted: 4/26/2008 6:34:14 AM
I can cook. I can make pasta with meat sauce, somtimes with a sauce made from scratch, most of the time with a can of crushed tomatoes as a base. I can also do a fish sauce. And I also do pan fried steak cooked in red wine. I also clean too. Are there any women who appriciate that, or is that another thread altogether?
 Kongzilla

Not intimidated by certain women
Posted: 4/22/2008 12:30:01 PM
Hello Ladies! There are several posts asking whether or not men are intimidated by certain types of women. Tall women, muscular women, strong, independant women, women who make more money, etc. I will give a quick answer: I am not intimidated by ______(fill in the respecive blank). I'd love to hear from ladies who have had experience with the "intimidation factor". I'd like to hear from women any age, any race or ethnicity, any place, for any type of situation. So if you are interested, drop me a line.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 5 (view)

Brigitte Bardot on Trial..
Posted: 4/21/2008 8:19:53 AM
Somebody tell me when exactly Islam becam a race? Or a protected species? They should have to undergo the same treatmen Christians and Jews are subjected to on a daily basis.
 Kongzilla

Intimidated by Tall Ladies?
Posted: 4/19/2008 9:59:19 AM
Not me. The best woman I ever heard from was tall, and it didn't seem to matter to her that I am short. We only ever contacted through letters, so maybe that was part of it, but I would have met her in a cold minute had the situation ever arose. The same goes for any tall woman who'd be interested in me.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 91 (view)

Are strong independent women a turn off?
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:30:28 AM
I have no problem with any of the things OP mentioned. But if strong woman means one that says she doesn't need men in every other sentance, or continually puts down things men like, then forget it. Men should not be required to castrate themselves just to please women.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 105 (view)

What's this Men are not monogamous by nature' line all about?
Posted: 4/10/2008 9:14:06 AM
"Um, I don't know what you've been reading, but there is no evidence to support your statement about Neanderthals. We do not know why they died out--perhaps they even interbred with Cro-Magnons or early Homo Sapiens."

How this for evidence: We're here, the Neanderthals are not. Which means we won, they lost. Until cryptozoologists can prove that Neaderthals are still living in some isolated part of the world, they are to be considered extinct. And the only evidence that Neaderthals and modern humans interbred at all is one possible hybrid. If interbreeding happened on any great scale, there would be more fossils, and modern day human would show more evidence of Neanderthal ancestry. DNA tests have proven that we do not. Extinction is nature's way of telling you that you haven't made the cut.

"Science doesn't claim that humans evolved from monkeys. "

Have you ever seen impressions of the various -pithicuses and Homo-whatevers? Walking on their knuckles, swinging from trees, covered with hair, etc. That's what I call a monkey, or if you want, an ape.

"When we are in the womb, we do have vestigial gills. It is hard to take you seriously because you don't seem to know current theories."

The key word is vestigial. Which means they don't work, and we don't need them, which is why they disappear. I am well aware of the theory of "ontogony replicates philogony" I'm also aware that the scientist that came up with that was charged with fraud for doctoring the images. Perhaps it is you who needs to read up on scientific theories, including those that cast doubt on Darwinism. Notice I said scientific, I am NOT talking about Creationism.

"No one is saying that murderers or sexual predators should use "basic urges" as a defense. In fact, if murdering people were a basic urge, then more people would murder. You, too, are comparing apples and oranges."

I've heard lots of people make that exact claim, and I'm refering to those urges the individuals allegedly have and can't control. Both that and the topic of the post are attemps to use science to sanction bad behavior. They are not exact, but they are similar, just like apples and oranges are both fruits.

"There are other things which we have not "evolved" beyond. Many things from our primal past remain constant within us. We are still territorial; our basic needs have not changed; biologically speaking, the imperative to reproduce is still with us VERY strongly. We temper those things culturally, but they remain."

Which is my point exactly. Our more highly evolved brains enable us to control and temper those urges. We are not required to do them in a certain way just because monkeys, lizards, frogs, fish or bacteria do them.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 94 (view)

What's this Men are not monogamous by nature' line all about?
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:51:12 PM
So, let me see if I understand all the "scientists". Since we're decended from monkeys, we should still act like monkeys? I don't buy it. There are so many things wrong with that theory.

1. Survival of the fittest is not survival of the strongest, it's survival of the smartest. It wasn't the Alpha males who tried to go head to head with wooly mammoths and saber toothed tigers that survived. They ended up crushed or tiger food. It was the smart ones who figered out a better way to kill them, or found easier prey to kill that made it back alive. They are our ancestors, not the brutes. The Cro-Magnons replaced the Neandertals because, contrary to current the scientific trend, Neandertals were idiots who couldn't make the cut.

2. Take the act like a monkey theory to it's logical conclusion. Mammals came from reptiles; should we then crawl on our bellies and dart our tongues? Reptiles came from amphibians; should we act like frogs. Amphibians came from fish; why don't we all have gills and live in water full time. I'll skip all the way down to single cell organisms; how come we don't just reproduce by cell division. I'll give you the answer BECAUSE WE EVOLVED BEYOND ALL THAT. That means we don't have to act that way. The "scientists" are advocating devolution, not evolution.

3 This is similar to a murderer or sexual predator being excused because "they can't control their most basic urges". It's just as big a cop out.

I'll stick with being evolved. The "scientists" can crawl in the muck.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 9 (view)

Mail Order Brides
Posted: 4/9/2008 8:18:20 AM
Mail order brides are a scam waiting to happen. I am in pretty much the same situation as OP, and I have no desire for a mail order bride. But that hasn't stopped me from getting loads of offers. Several Russiansand a few Nigerians, and we've heard enough about those. Some Chinese, who I don't know what they want because they never last more than a few messages. And loads of Filipinas who think I'm going to come and rescue them, despite the fact that I've tried to make it clear that I couldn't and wouldn't do it. I'll stick with U.S. women; better the devils I know than the devils I don't.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 34 (view)

It Sucks to feel all alone even when there are people all around you !
Posted: 4/5/2008 11:01:19 AM
You have just described my entire life. The more people are around the more lonely I feel. I'm often the oddball; the only male, the only one my age, the only one who doesn't know everybody else, etc. That and past experience of being the entertainment; the group competes to see who can be the most clever in putting me down. Of course they claim that they're just kidding, or trying to bring me out of my shell, never realizing or careing that that only shoves me farther in. It doesn't happen all the time, but after a few times, I think it will, and wait for it to start, so whenever I'm among groups, the shields go up. Even family is little help. With the exception of my mother (and men aren't supposed to be close to their mothers) and my cats, the rest of my family, what there is of it, views me as cheap labor "You're here to serve, not be served." I've been told. Where do you go when nobody wants you.

THIS IS NOT A PITY POST! I AM NEITHER LOOKING FOR PITY, NOR DO I WANT IT. THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PUPOSES ONLY.
 Kongzilla

catch 22 for guys over 30
Posted: 4/5/2008 9:34:11 AM
I can't speak to most of the stuff, but OP is dead on accurate about the single and no kids part. Women, and there male sell-out puppets have all sorts of clever descriptions for men like that, ranging from irresponsible, and commitmentphobe all the way up to gay, pedophile, rapist, and serial killer. Just try getting a date with those labels. And at least some guys in that situation (like myself) are the same ones women haveing been tell for years that no one would ever be interested in. A definite catch-22
 Kongzilla
Msg: 78 (view)

What name do you call it?
Posted: 4/5/2008 8:50:57 AM
The Doomsday machine. My shot at those who think the phallic symbol is negative.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 39 (view)

CFNM Parties, fun or not?
Posted: 3/11/2008 10:20:02 AM
The only way I'd ever get caught in that situation is if the women involved needed to induce vomiting.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 7 (view)

Scared to look at women
Posted: 2/23/2008 6:34:48 AM
I know the feeling. And I've actually gotten the negative reactions just from being in the vicinity. Now, I just give a quick enoung look to make sure I don't bump into them.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 46 (view)

Men over 50 wanting children
Posted: 2/20/2008 2:45:14 PM
It's a lame attempt to fool themselves into thinking that they've found the fountain of youth, so that everyone will think that they still "got it". Patetic. children need parents they can depend on, not parents with depends on.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 30 (view)

As men, its our job to let women know ...
Posted: 2/19/2008 7:52:12 AM
Ever heard of sexual harrassment laws, which define sexual harrassment as whatever the woman thinks it is. So yes, just presume that the woman is offended. Most of the time, you'll be right.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 36 (view)

do women control men through sex
Posted: 2/19/2008 7:46:32 AM
Women end up controlling men one way or the other. Whether through sex, or the promise of it (never known a woman who actually gave it), nagging, or emotional blackmail (turning on the water works), or even threats of legal action. If they're so insistant on wanting you to do something, a man is better off just doing it for his own peace of mind. It's the only reward he's likely to get.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 47 (view)

Anti Valentines Day...WHO'S WITH ME!
Posted: 2/13/2008 4:14:27 PM
I've already mentioned observing Al Capone Day on other forums. I won't repeat myself here.

Show ALL Forums