Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: POF advices starnge part...
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 4 (view)

POF advices starnge part...
Posted: 9/4/2008 8:04:21 AM
OP, my advise to you is to move on. obviously, my keen knowledge of the situation, based on one person's ALWAYS biased post, makes me an expert in pretty much all things PoF. I know that you know the answer before you post, but that's okay, b/c I can tell you exactly what you want to hear to make it all better, or make you feel like a complete idiot, depending on a number of sub-factors (in this case, it would probably be to critique your spelling, but it's completely dependent on whether I've had coffee before I post).

in a nutshell, never ask a question that you don't want an answer for...and always move on

bewitching_secret™
Msg: 161 (view)

This site did nothing for me
Posted: 8/31/2008 10:55:44 PM
I disagree, OP ~ this site continuously shows me why being single isn't as bad as some of the alternatives

bewitching_secret™
Msg: 9 (view)

giving up on love
Posted: 4/18/2008 11:21:45 PM
aw hell ~ I gave up a long time ago. I'm just here for the cookies, now.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 2 (view)

Need a good vegetable dish
Posted: 12/10/2007 9:54:48 AM
Lemon-Buttered Baby Vegetables

1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby vegetable blend
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt
Pepper

1. Cook vegetables in 2-quart saucepan according to package directions. Drain. Add butter, horseradish and lemon juice.
2. Cook over low heat until heated through (1 to 2 minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Makes 6 (1/2-cup) servings.

or

Cheesy Broccoli Bake

1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (8-ounce) jar processed cheese spread
3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
2 teaspoons melted butter

1. In a bowl combine the broccoli, soup, cheese and rice.
2. Transfer to a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
3. Toss the bread crumbs with the butter and sprinkle over the top.
4. Bake covered at 350*F (175*C) for 30 minutes, uncover, and bake another 15 minutes.

Serves 6.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 5 (view)

You think you got it bad?
Posted: 10/27/2007 10:06:41 AM
OP, if you had written this yrs ago, I think you'd have a lot more support/sympathy/whatever it is you're looking for...

but it's hard to have much empathy for someone who continuously allows another person to use and abuse them. if you're waiting for ppl to agree w/ you that she's a horrible person, I'm sure you won't be disappointed ~ but it's been my experience that there are always three sides to a story ~ yours, hers, and the truth....

think I'll reserve my decision until a bit more is established.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 1 (view)

Alberta town sponsors possible cancer cure
Posted: 10/4/2007 6:56:56 PM
Last Updated: Thursday, October 4, 2007 | 10:12 AM ET
CBC News
Even though the drug shrinks cancerous tumours, no pharmaceutical companies wanted to fund human trials because they couldn't make enough money selling it. And that's when Peace River stepped in.

DCA has been in use for decades. But it has recently been shown to fight cancer by attacking the metabolism of malignant tumours in studies on rats.
(CBC) To date, the town in northwestern Alberta has collected $250,000 — a large chunk of the $800,000 in grants and donations generated worldwide to fund the clinical trial of dichloroacetate, or DCA.

DCA has been in use for decades. But it has recently been shown to fight cancer by attacking the metabolism of malignant tumours in studies on rats.

In January 2007, the academic journal Cancer Cell published a University of Alberta doctor's findings that showed the compound shrinks tumours without damaging healthy cells. But because the drug sells for so little, at $2 a dose, no drug company was willing to support human trials and DCA's patent expired.

So people in Peace River began their fundraising campaign.

"It was a very simple decision for us to do," one of the primary fundraisers in the town, radio station owner Terry Babiy, told CBC News on Wednesday.

"We just talked about it and did it."

Peace River has raised $250,000 for DCA clinical trials through its fundraising campaign.

(CBC) The Canadian Tire in the town followed Babiy's lead by holding a car show, McDonald's sold DCA McFlurries, and the local grocery store pledged $50,000 through its customer rewards program, he said.

As well, students raised money through bottle drives and people brought in money through golf tournaments and barbeques.

"That's the community, Everyone is touched by cancer in some way," said local resident Don Jennings.

Residents of Grimshaw, a town close to Peace River, also raised more than $100,000 toward the research.

When the University of Alberta scientists announced on Sept. 26 that it would be beginning human trials, the researchers applauded the efforts of the ordinary people in Peace River and elsewhere who rallied to raise money for the cause.

"It should inspire other places to develop generic drugs without the support of the industry," lead investigator Dr. Evangelos Michelakis said at a news conference.

Health Canada approved DCA for the limited trial on people with an aggressive form of brain cancer called glioblastoma. The researchers are looking for 50 patients in Edmonton who have already tried chemotherapy, surgery or radiation with no success. The drug is to be tested over the next 18 months.

Scientists predict that it will take millions of dollars and years of research to determine whether the drug is truly effective in treating cancer in humans.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 6 (view)

cold girlfriend
Posted: 9/24/2007 9:17:07 PM
yeah, that's pretty cold ~ just take some comfort in that you're not the only one who has had it happen to them. for the record, it happens to us women, as well

I don't think that she was making an excuse not to see you, though ~ she probably did have a date. whether her father set it up or not is questionable...kind of makes you wonder if she's been dating the whole time..

I don't know what the cut-off time is, OP ~ email me the answer if you (or anyone else) figures it out, though

edit: in response to msg#6 ~ never second-guess yourself. if she was truly sorry, she would have canceled the date and told her dad to stay out of her love life (at the very least, she should have bowed out of the date early)

bewitching_secret™
Msg: 63 (view)

After 2nd date he's back online at POF ...now has 0 roses...
Posted: 9/23/2007 11:59:34 PM
OP, you are the only one that knows how your dates went. it wouldn't matter if it was two dates or two months ~ there are far too many ppl that give advice w/o stopping to put themselves in your position. take it all w/ a grain of salt ~ they're the same ppl that would be here telling you that you ignored all the "red flags" at the beginning of the relationship if it were to develop further.

if it feels like a red flag to you, then listen to your intuition.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 54 (view)

Big Brother
Posted: 9/22/2007 10:11:31 AM
I know it's been over for a few days now, but just wanted to mention that youtube has some great videos from the show, as well as post-show interviews and tribute videos from fans. I saw a number that were pretty well done, but this one stands out ~ if even only for the soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIjWeP3KHis&NR=1

whether we agree w/ his gameplay or not, he defied the odds and won BB8 ~ congratulations, Evel
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 8 (view)

THUNDER BAY HALLOWEEN PARTY - October 27, 2007!!!
Posted: 9/21/2007 7:12:39 AM
well, if Lola's gonna be there...

not sure if I'll be in costume or not. it's weird how I'll receive mail from ppl saying "hey! did I see you at such-and-such today around noon?", yet ppl @ the events claim they never see me there ~ must be my invisible superpowers kicking in

(karaoke bars are my kryptonite)
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 316 (view)

Whats with women that invite their dogs into the bedroom to sleep?
Posted: 9/21/2007 6:28:43 AM
if dogs are so great, and we wish that our men were more like them, then why is it derogatory to refer to men as 'dogs'?
 bewitching_secret™

MOM FINDS TERRORISTS!
Posted: 9/21/2007 6:12:06 AM

We should make rules of engagement for the press regarding what is released to them and what can be released and when for the safety of our troops and to protect the lives of great individuals like tis woman who is fighting the war her way.

okay, I agree w/ the overall sentiment ~ however, a couple of points come to mind...

first, she was working for the government ~ whether she has an official title or not. if you or I were to start perusing jihad websites, we're probably going to have a few questions to answer when the knock comes on the door.

second, the mainstream US media is a farce these days ~ you are seeing what the government wants you to see. no one reports the news w/o bias these days. it's all carefully scripted. if we really knew what was going on, there'd be mass revolts in the streets.
 bewitching_secret™

Illegal Alien kills Police Officer
Posted: 9/20/2007 6:44:38 PM
OP, this is exactly why police officers have the demeanour that they do ~ every single stop they make could result in this tragic ending. they see horrific things and face adversity, so that we can be safe ~ and the majority of us never appreciate the personal and professional sacrifices that they make daily on our behalf.

my condolences to Officer Erfle's family.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 30 (view)

Do you or have you in the past practiced abstainance?
Posted: 9/19/2007 12:00:03 PM
I practice and I practice, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 60 (view)

Is it better to be alone Or settle for someone that is not Your type.
Posted: 9/18/2007 9:14:08 AM
settling is for poker debts and silt ~ achieving an inner peace can never be secondary to the security of having a warm body beside you. if you're not in it for love, you're in it for pain, and eventually, it'll catch up to you
 bewitching_secret™

Roast ..your worst cook close to you
Posted: 9/17/2007 9:01:36 PM
my sister. it's still a toss-up between her traumatizing my nephew w/ blue food dye in his scrambled eggs or the time she made beef stew w/ lemon wedges...
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 44 (view)

Big Brother
Posted: 9/17/2007 7:44:08 PM
I agree, cw35 ~ CBS definitely made it very clear that they were catering to the audience this season. the show has lost a lot of credibility, in my eyes, and it's doubtful I'll even bother w/ the live feeds next yr (and I'm hoping that this thread is dead and buried when I eat those words next summer ). having heard various conversations throughout the summer that validate the "staged" atmosphere, the show is definitely tainted for me.

Dani is where she is b/c ED kept her safe the entire game. when he couldn't, Nick or Zack did. she would have been gone a long time ago had it not been for her father. while I don't like ED's tactics, I watched and heard the sincerity in his voice when he spoke to (or of) his daughter, and that was no game. her, on the other hand...didn't see it, nor do I expect to. I think that once the cameras are turned off, she'll shirk off her father's attempts. hope I'm wrong, but actions speak a heck of a lot louder than words. easy to hug and say 'I love you' when you know that you're walking away w/ a tonne of cash.

can't wait for tomorrow night ~ it sounds as if the jury is aware of who played, and who hid behind who. the AP twist is going to create some interesting feedback from the houseguests. curious as to whether they'll point out any of the controversy that the guests have generated this season as well, or just throw them straight out to the wolves.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 131 (view)

Self-Proclaimed Pedophile
Posted: 9/9/2007 10:44:35 AM

California Orders 2,700 Sex Offenders to Move Within 45 DaysSaturday, September 08, 2007

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — More than 2,700 recently paroled sex offenders in California have been told they have to move because they are violating a new law that bars them from living near schools and parks.

On Friday, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation finished notifying 2,741 sex offenders that they have 45 days to find legal housing, or they will be sent back to prison for violating their parole, said spokesman Bill Sessa.

The department previously estimated no more than 2,100 parolees were violating the law approved by California voters in November. Jessica's Law, named after a 9-year-old child kidnapped and killed by a molester in Florida, prohibits offenders from living within 2,000 feet of a school or park.

Inmate advocates, some lawmakers and the corrections department itself warn that requiring offenders to move could force some to go underground, move to rural areas, become homeless, or ignore warnings and return to overcrowded state prisons.

Parole officers beat by four days a department-imposed deadline to complete their official notifications of each sex offender before Sept. 11, Sessa said.

Parole officers and state lawmakers had criticized the department for waiting nearly 10 months to notify offenders they were violating the law. With 45 days to move, some offenders won't have to comply until mid-October, nearly a year after the law was enacted.

California Law May Force 2,100 Sex Offenders to Move Department officials said they had to wait to sort out court challenges, a union agreement and a new state regulation. Notifications began Aug. 17.

The department has adopted new policies to deal with sex offenders that wind up on the street, Sessa said. Homeless offenders will be required to visit their parole officer each day to report where they spent the previous night.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 34 (view)

Big Brother
Posted: 9/7/2007 11:53:11 PM
the strongest alliance in the history of the show ~ completely unhidden the entire season ~ and they're in the final four. the only one that realized their strength and would have eliminated them couldn't, b/c he was following the AP nominations and votes.

however, the new HoH is an interesting one (ED got screwed on the HoH weekly reign ~ they voted for a new one later Thursday night on the west coast show) and deals are being discussed. the cheque hasn't been made out just yet

edit: SausageWench ~ pertaining to your earlier comment about a Canadian BB ~ a few yrs ago, we had one (sorta) ~ the Lofters. it had live FREE 24/7 online cams, and you could even chat online w/ the houseguests, as they weren't in lock-down. they had jobs that the show generated for them (all in the media industry), and there was a hella lotta more bedroom action occurring than in our American counterpart ~ lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U8TV:_The_Lofters
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 124 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2007 11:53:34 PM
it looks like I picked the right week to avoid reading this thread....how disturbing to know that someone believes in sexually "educating" their child ~ and defending his actions in a public forum that clearly is anti-pedophile is even more horrifying.

but, they're out there. and, they're in here. they are monsters in human form. if you have children, always err on the side of caution. I'd rather be a live chicken than a dead duck.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 29 (view)

Big Brother
Posted: 9/5/2007 10:07:33 PM
Jessica sleeps all the time
Eric has weird facial movements
Jameka says "mmmmmhmmmm" far more than anyone I have ever encountered
ED farts, burps, spits, smokes, yells too much
Zack is bitter b/c Eric has Jessica
Dani is whiny and unappreciative of her father's willingness to make use of their time in the house together

all in all, after an entire summer watching them, they're all annoying! if I have to watch Dani shave her forearms one more time, I'm going to hurl

but, tomorrow night is going to light a little fire under everyone's ass. and I agree that the only shocker will be if ED or Dani are evicted.

on another note, am I the only one curious as to why we're not getting feeds of the sequester house? I've read the "official" reasons, but I don't buy it. 10 to 1 says that Jen escaped and is making a break for the US border
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 29 (view)

Jerry Lewis and Exploitation Of Kids
Posted: 9/5/2007 1:50:11 PM

Why can't it be discussed without the insults and emails that people have sent my way?

don't look @ me, dude ~ my inbox doesn't have an outbox ~ ask anyone currently awaiting a response from me
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2007 12:33:35 PM

Try attacking the message and not the messenger.
It is a logic fallacy.

you clearly are missing the point ~ it's your opinion, not a factual post. I see no link to an article that you're referring to, other than some obscure book (again, no link). if you are delivering your opinion, then attacking the message is also attacking the messenger, is it not?

tjay, as far as I'm concerned, you're the only one that has any right to complain on this thread. peace to you.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2007 11:22:52 AM
walk, let's not take things out of context. I said that either you were a bad representation of a therapist, or that you weren't trained properly. as for being delusional, I was referring to how you opine on the fact that you, as a special needs jack-of-all-trades, seem to think that you have a greater insight into the lives and families of the children you see. I call BS, and I can. my child's IBI therapists have never once said or inferred that they share your sentiment. most are very aware that they get to go home to their lives at the end of the day, leaving the child w/ their parents. do you think that we just keep them in a box until they go back to classes?

there is far more work that occurs in the home to encourage our children to grow than you've ever given parents credit for. for you, it's a job ~ for us, it's our lives. don't confuse the two to make yourself seem more important.

and if you wish to judge me on one post, feel free ~ I've given you a yr of leeway. you certainly aren't the first to do so. "delusional" is not name-calling, btw ~ more of an obversation based on your own typing.

back on topic, if we could?

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?
cat=ENTERTAINMENT&fn=/2007/09/03/754325.html

Jerry Lewis' Telethon Hits New Record
By Associated Press
Mon Sep 3, 10:13 PM

LAS VEGAS - Showman Jerry Lewis raised nearly $64 million on Monday during his annual Labor Day Telethon to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association, topping last year's event by $3 million.

and

The telecast has raised $1.46 billion to fight the disease since it began in 1966 on a single television station in New York City. This year's telecast was carried by 190 stations in the United States and Canada and carried worldwide on the Internet.

when you can show me a real reason why this man should be vilified, I'll rethink my earlier statement.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2007 8:54:28 AM
walkontheocean, I have read numerous threads of yours over your time in the forums. I can't think of one post I've read of yours pertaining to children w/ disabilities that I agree with. when you mentioned in one that you work w/ autistic children, I almost fell off my chair! it's obvious that either the US has extremely different protocol on how to teach and nurture the disabled among us, or you're not a good representation of a therapist. I have an autistic child, and if you think for one second that you have a clearer insight into the daily lives of the disabled than their parents and families, you're delusional.

calling down a man that has done more to put a human face on MD than anyone else probably ever will is pretty cold. in our day of PC-ness, I'm sure it wouldn't be on the air if the majority of ppl felt as you do. thank god there are still those in the world that can look beyond their own agenda and make the lives of those children just a little more hopeful and comfortable.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 25 (view)

Big Brother
Posted: 9/5/2007 8:36:21 AM
w/ a live double eviction, just about anything could happen. Dani definitely wants Jessica out, but I don't know if her and ED are ready to kill their alliance w/ Jess and Eric just yet...even w/ the feeds, it's still not really clear as to which way they'll go tomorrow night.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 236 (view)

Posted: 9/5/2007 8:20:15 AM
I said that I was leaving this thread, but forums1, that's a touching post. despite the fact that a few ppl have decided that I'm a cold-hearted animal-hating b*tch, I am not above showing empathy for the loss of any companion.

we used to have a dog named Freckles growing up. she was 1/2 dachshund and 1/2 collie, and had the best disposition of any dog I've encountered since. she only had two litters of puppies, but both were huge ~ the first was 15 puppies, and the second was 21. needless to say, not many of them survived. I remember checking her litter one time, and finding one pup shivering and near death. I took it into my bed, and kept it warm, feeding it w/ a dropper, for almost three days. I fell asleep somewhere along the way for 15 minutes or so, and the puppy died during that time. I was devastated, and it still causes a few tears to well today, almost 30 yrs after the fact.

so, while I still hold that pets should not be allowed to sleep in one's bed w/ them, I can certainly appreciate the desire to help an old (or new) friend pass their lives w/ some comfort and dignity.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 248 (view)

Say AA and watch them run
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:52:02 AM
I completely agree w/ VGEz ~ AA (et al) may work for some, but I find it too negative, as well. I used to live w/ an alcoholic (I was also raised in an alcoholic home), and attended a couple of meetings w/ him. by the end of the meeting, I wanted to go for a drink ~ sooooo depressing. and very co-dependant. it's also been my experience that the members try to keep everyone herded together, banding against those of us that can drink socially (or not at all). it got to the point where my ex would avoid me in favour of hanging out with them....granted, I found them all at the bar together...

I think the only way to truly beat any addiction is introspection and a real desire to end the behaviour in the first place. I understand that some are predisposed to become alcoholics ~ according to the stats, I can include myself in that group ~ but some of us make that choice early on as to which direction we'll take. knowing those facts, I chose to simply not drink ~ and I only do socially now. I never drink when I'm angry, or sad ~ and I never drink alone. there are so many positive ways to recover from alcoholism than having to dwell on the person that you used to be. therapy, detox, church, family, friends, your doctor ~~ so many ppl that are already around you are waiting to help ~ looking for acceptance among a group of ppl that know you by your first name only seems counterproductive to me.

but, if it works for you, all the best ~ I'm only stating my personal opinion based on my experiences.

(btw, for the record, that was 14 yrs ago. the last time I saw that ex, he was panhandling in front of the liquor store @ Christmas ~ guess he didn't make it up all those steps).
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 20 (view)

Big Brother
Posted: 8/24/2007 5:24:58 PM
I agree, Patchs_bro ~ perhaps this yr even moreso than in the past, CBS is definitely showing the public what they want to see. I think that CBS must have made some concessions for Jen in order to keep her in sequester, as she has been continually saying that they'll have to make it worth her while. once she mentioned that she'd have to talk to her agent to see what he/she thought, I figured they'd throw her a bone or two.

but, I still stand that D*ck should have been the bigger person. if that incident had occurred any place outside of the house, he would have gotten his ass kicked. abuse is abuse, and it's been painfully obvious as to why he and Daniele don't have much of a relationship.

and yes, I do have the live feeds ~ I do read the message boards there, but I try to stay out of them ~ too many kids
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 18 (view)

Big Brother
Posted: 8/24/2007 9:51:25 AM
I've never been a huge Jen fan, but I actually felt sorry for her last night ~ that whole scene w/ E.D. and the cigarette was more than a little disturbing. the girl has a lot of growing up to do, no question ~ but he's twice her age ~ he should have walked away.

Power Of 10 should be fun ~ Drew Carey is hysterical as host, and he's got a lot of material to work w/ how ironic that Amber would end up in New York.

I don't agree w/ allowing either of the girls time w/ ppl outside of the house, though ~ especially ppl w/ a vested interest and/or inside knowledge of the game. Nick was told that Eric is America's Player when he was evicted, I believe (if anyone knows differently, please correct me ~ I'll check some vaults), and I'm sure he'd be able to let her know some how ~ same thing w/ Amber's aunt(?) ~ we'll see how it plays out.

wonder if Jen's in sequester, or if she bailed yet?
 bewitching_secret™

Bush states the Northwest Passage is International
Posted: 8/22/2007 8:50:48 AM
I've been following this story on a couple of threads, and it's alarming ~ no doubt about that. growing up w/ the threat of the Cold War was one thing ~ but this is the US sneaking in to our nightmares.

when the heck is the next US election scheduled, anyway? time for some apperception and true leadership from our southerly neighbours.

and time for us, as Canadians, to stand up and say NO ~ we're not going to let our government stand for this. Harper needs to get up off his knees and wipe his chin.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 12 (view)

seriously vs. just having fun
Posted: 8/22/2007 8:34:06 AM

I met my now husband going out to have fun... fun turned serious.... we married and now back to fun.

I was hoping someone would point out that the two can be synonymous ~ that's what we're all looking for, isn't it? someone that can be our permanent good time
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 16 (view)

Big Brother
Posted: 8/22/2007 6:13:54 AM
Jen mentioned it to Jessica before Dustin was evicted (in the live feeds) ~ she said that she was tired of the "voices" trying to convince her to evict someone that she didn't want to. Jessica didn't give an example, but she agreed w/ Jen. and yes ~ of course the FoTH took over before that could be further discussed. I know that most reality shows are scripted, but I was holding out hope that BB wasn't one of them.

and not_done_living_together ~ you said a mouthful ~ can't wait to see how they edit that blow up it may not be the gameplay that we're used to w/ BB, but it's certainly going to make this season the most controversial ever. w/ E.D.'s over-the-top "strategy" abuse, Amber's anti-Semite comments, and Jen's little openly defiant show last night, there's going to be a lot of explaining to do when the show is over.

oh ~ and did you see who's photo went grey last night? giddy up!
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 43 (view)

Guys, why doesn't your profile STAND OUT?
Posted: 8/20/2007 6:56:02 AM
I'm sure there are a few posters on here that remember the guy who tried to expand his profile by using the forums ~ essentially, he ran out of room on his profile, and decided to use the forums to continue to ramble on and on about himself. he honestly thought that his soulmate would find his profile, and be so intrigued as to follow his forums, becoming more and more enraptured and captivated by his wordspeak...

unfortunately, he had the personality of a doorknob, and the droning writing skills to match ~ the entire thing was one long paragraph. it was physically painful to try to read. when he was told that numerous times in the thread(s), his reply was that he wasn't writing it for every woman ~ he was writing it for one woman. I guess I can appreciate that logic.

it's not about the length, but the girth....of the profile, of course *ahem*
it can be long, but if it's not filling, why bother?
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 41 (view)

Guys, why doesn't your profile STAND OUT?
Posted: 8/20/2007 6:30:04 AM
~Yahh Roo Giddy Up:

oh mine stands out -- believe me

~ gawd, I love you
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 13 (view)

So, he didn't care?
Posted: 8/20/2007 6:22:33 AM
*NauticalStar* , I completely understand, hun ~ it's kind of my M.O., as well. saying that, I'm not going to try to pretend that I know the answer, but I will be reading along w/ you. hope you don't mind.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 220 (view)

Well then...
Posted: 8/19/2007 2:58:56 PM
to quote, well...me:

not that it really matters, as those who believe it's fine to have their dogs in bed w/ them will continue to do so,

whatever floats your boat. there are those that have shown themselves to be responsible, loving dog owners, and others that show why they're single w/ a click of the enter key. I can't say it any other way than I already have, so I'll leave this discussion now before it happens for me

peace
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 97 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2007 2:36:36 PM
mungojoe, my quote

from their hearts ~ not their rational minds

excludes the beginning ~ I'm referring to vocalizing their discontent in here ~ not on the streets.

How do you explain to your child why they no longer have their parent (because mom/dad is now in jail for acting from their heart rather than their head)? How well are they being protected then?

again, I see your arguement, but the same can be said of any crime in which someone is falsely accused ~ why is pedophilia allowed the luxury of our compassion? a lie detector test and/or psych evaluation is all that is required of a court to clear up any allegations of wrongful accusations.

nope, I still can't see the logic ~ or the solution.

a good example, the McCarthyism ~ that one had slipped my mind. however, that was a government scare-tactic, not a physical threat to a child.

I know that getting this one off the street isn't going to get us too far ahead in the whole scheme of things, but you have to remember that this man is a threat from his keyboard ~ he victimizes these same children over and over again to pedophiles all over the world wide web. how disturbing it must be for the parents of those children, knowing the vile, disgusting thoughts/actions that are occuring as a result of his web site. it would kill me.

I've read before of your involvement w/ abuse victims, and I'm sure that there are many sleepless nights as a result of some that you've heard...but it is infinitely worse for that child who can never escape the nightmares, because they live them.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 95 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2007 1:53:11 PM
okay ~

I like bombs ~ LOVE bombs ~ I like to look at them, and I can't stop thinking about how exciting it would be to actually hold one...

one day, I might blow up something. I really want to. I don't know if I can stop myself.

would you fear me? would you cry outrage that someone who was a walking timebomb could be targeting your home/office/school/church/etc?

so ~ what's the solution? watch me like a hawk until I actually blow something up? shutting the barn door after the cows are out seems a little backwards.

I don't know what the answer is. no crime means no time, but time is also the only thing that's on our side. once it's done, a child has been forever marred, and that, to me, is too late.

if it is indeed an "illness", and someone is professing that they're "ill", they need to be taken off the streets. maybe not jail, but a psych ward might be a good start. then we'll see how many of them are "healed"
 bewitching_secret™

Cops and their handcuffs
Posted: 8/19/2007 1:41:31 PM

I think women like men in uniforms because it's this security thing.... big, strong, take charge guy, I'm safe with him no matter what type of fantasy. It's the impression it gives. Hope that helps.

yep, that's it, 3rd ~ the telling moment for me was when I went to lock my door behind him as he entered, and he looked at me, smiled and told me that NO ONE was getting past him

:swooning:
 bewitching_secret™

Cops and their handcuffs
Posted: 8/19/2007 1:24:28 PM
it's no secret that I'm a pretty huge fan of police officers. yes, I have dated one, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat ~ there's nothing more exciting than a man that has 24/7 access to handcuffs..
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 92 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2007 12:39:15 PM
mungojoe, I have read many of your posts over time on here, and I happen to respect pretty much everything you have to say....rather, how you say it. there's only a couple of posters on these threads that actually seem to be able to convey their point w/o needing to get nasty, and you're one.

having said that, I have to disagree w/ a few points that you made. first, as eldubu has said already, most of the ppl that are screaming are doing so from their hearts ~ not their rational minds. attack a mother bear's cubs, and see if she waits around for you to do it again. we are parents, and some of us are victims, so it tears @ the core of our being to even think of anyone hurting our children. ultimately, we are a continent of laws, of which the majority of us follow.

I kind of agree w/ your last paragraph, but I can't really think of any examples in modern western society that validate this:

It WILL be used falsely and it WILL be expanded beyond just child sexual abuse, history and human nature make those outcomes inevitable).

not saying that there aren't any, just asking for some examples. I can think of witch hunts throughout history that gained fuel from public ignorance, but none that can now parallel.

Ultimately, the punishment for convicted child abusers is a matter of social consensus on what constitutes justice.

if that were the case, I don't imagine there would be many left standing. I had a conversation recently w/ a police friend concerning this topic (in relation to a local matter). I asked him why we in Canada don't have the same access as our American counterparts do in regard to a registered sex offenders list. he told me that I was preaching to the choir ~ we all want it, but we can't get it. seems the only ppl that are being protected are the pedophiles, and not our children.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 90 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2007 11:49:59 AM
wise-guy, I know where you're coming from, but I think that most death sentences are usually following a lengthy trial ~ not public lynching.

I've been trying like hell to avoid this thread, but it keeps rising to the top of my forums. I am literally shaking from anger at the responses from the ppl who are "on behalf of" pedophiles rights over those of a child. 1 - 3 for girls and 1 - 8 for boys, and it's only getting worse. I am as liberal and left wing as they come, and I would not hesitate to have a convicted pedophile executed. one dead monster equals an untold amount of safe children.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 216 (view)

Well then...
Posted: 8/19/2007 11:31:18 AM
meer kat, as I tried to explain in my last post, I see things from a different perspective. honestly, it was the

thank god
part of idaho's post that made me twitch. if that had been excluded, I could probably have agreed w/ the rest of it ~ but that, to me, was saying that it's easier to replace love than it is to work for it, as one has to in adult-children relationships. I grew up w/ dogs and cats and every farm animal you can imagine as a child, and I have a 9 yr old cat now. oh, and ~ get this ~ I'm even looking for a min pin ~ so I do like animals.

Carry on, I'm certain there is someone out there for those who sling hate at the pet-people.

I don't think that everyone on this thread that has disagreed w/ allowing their dogs to sleep w/ them are non-animal lovers, either ~ that's a pretty wide brush you're painting w/. there have been many posts from ppl that love their dogs, but also know that the best dog is one that knows who is in control. if you have to lock your dog out of the room when you have 'companionship', then the dog obviously doesn't realize it's role in things.

as for the safety factor ~ again, growing up in the country, our dogs mainly slept outside, primarily b/c we had livestock to protect. but, on those really cold nights, even my normally strict father would concede to letting the dogs sleep in the kitchen on the floor beside the wood stove. those dogs had four kids that adored them, showing them more affection than I've been given credit for on here, I can assure you. when my favourite dog was hit by a motorcycle, I saw it happen, and I also heard the subsequent gunshot soon after to alleviate his broken back. I was 8. I still have his dog tag. do not pretend that you know me.

as for the actual topic ~ you're all right ~ those experts obviously are dog-haters, right? posts #224 and 225 are about the most qualified I've read on here (and I know I've omitted many others ~ just one great example)

edit: owwie, MK ~ just caught the catty comment. just so you know, I have someone ~ but thanks for the concern

bewitching_secret™
Msg: 205 (view)

It might help....
Posted: 8/18/2007 11:12:41 AM
idaho, I'm not trash talking you, or anyone on this thread. the thing about these forums is, you're not always going to have everyone agree w/ you ~ that's what makes it a discussion/debate. I haven't called you anything ~ just disagreeing w/ your perspective on things.

as for hijacking the thread ~ again, no ~ I'm not the one that mentioned kids first in this thread. in fact, the main talk of "children" has come from ppl on your side of the debate, in reference to an animal. the mother dog is the only one that can call it their "child"...oh, wait ~ they're referred to as puppies, I believe....not children..

if someone is going to come on here and post something as ludicrous as calling their pets their offspring, then I think I do have a right to speak up w/ those of us that think you're wrong. it's easy to have an animal love you ~ feed it, pet it and don't hit it ~ pretty universal. it's work to have a relationship w/ a human being ~ and a child's love is always unconditional ~ feed him/her, shelter him/her, nurture and help develop him/her into responsible, productive adults that have the skills needed to survive and thrive in the world. but, if that's too much work, there's always a dog. again: feed it, pet it, don't hit it, and for gawd's sake, clean up after it. a leash is a nice touch, as well.

despite what you might think, I do like dogs ~ my gf is a breeder, and I have another friend that runs a dog rescue, so it's not that I have a grudge against dogs. my complaint is w/ their owners (again, another word that I don't use in reference to humans ~ I believe that's slavery, isn't it?)

I wonder how many of those parents out there that have had their child mangled by the family "pet" would agree w/ you that their dog was more important than their scarred (or worse) child? I'm sure they'd all say that if they could do it over again, they would have trained their dog better ~ to understand that the only Alpha in the pack were the humans in the house.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 198 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2007 8:09:00 PM
idaho, thanks for both making and missing my point all at the same time.

no, the thread's not about adopting children, but, since so many of you on here have compared your dogs to children, I do think that my comparison is both accurate and on topic. stop referring to them as children ~ simple as that

as for making my point:

As to the "animals being children concept", having had both, I can give love as mother of children and as a human companion to an animal, but I get infinitely more love back from my pets because children grow up (thank heavens) and move on to their own lives. My pets, however, are here for me day after day forever

where to start

girl, your priorities are completely out of whack. a dog is a dog ~ a child is a child. there is no comparison ~ period. if you can honestly say that your dog loves you more than your child(ren), you might need to reevaluate your relationship w/ your child(ren). I'd like to think that my daughter will still love me more than my cat does when she's an adult.

and

Yes, people come and go, but pets truly are forever because even though you deeply grieve the loss of one, there is always another one out there who needs a home

if "pets truly are forever", then how does "there is always another one out there" fit into your logic? a bit of an oxymoron, don't you think?
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 196 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2007 9:01:25 AM
enough w/ the comparisons of dogs to children! my child is infinitely more important to me than any dog ever would be, and it's insulting as hell to hear ppl talking as if their pets were their offspring.

since you want to humanize them, think of all the lonely dog mommies out there ~ buying and selling their babies ~ buncha barbarians!

I agree w/ the responsible dog lovers on this thread that know the proper role of an animal in the hierarchy of the home. loving a pet is a need for most of us, but pretending that they're your children is ridiculous. try adoption if you want a child, as there are a lot of children that you could be helping when you're wasting your money on doggy clothing and accessories. stop being so self-absorbed.
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 9 (view)

beyond words
Posted: 8/16/2007 6:22:24 AM

Secret,
Since you have a child, do you find it odd that the father let the kid go to the movies with the teacher at all? Not to lay blame on the parent, but this never happened when I was in school. I would think most districts have rules regarding this.

I'm sure that pretty much every school district has rules pertaining to what is professional conduct ~ this 'teacher' had already resigned from two other schools when she was questioned about her "lack of judgement" (she also ran an after school program that she was removed from)

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/crime/story/133250.html

to answer from my persective, I'm sure that the boy's father initially had no concern about the teacher taking an interest in his son ~ after all, women are supposed to be the "nurturers", so I can understand how the father might not jump to the conclusion that she was raping his son (it doesn't sound like there's a mother involved in the child's life). maybe the father initially thought that the teacher had the hots for him, and was showing an interest in his son as a way to get closer to him (the father). all speculation at this point.

also, since men generally aren't the abused, it's harder for them to wrap their head around the fact that a woman can harm their child as easily as a man can. we like to think that we send our children to school to learn and be safe being kids, but that illusion of safety is in tatters.

whether it be a man or a woman, a pedophile is a danger to everyone ~ not just our children. that father will forever know that his son has been victimized right under his nose, and there is no sentence long enough to eradicate that pain and anger. this wasn't a scary man hiding in the bushes ~ someone that he could lock the door and protect his child from. this was a woman that could look him in the eye and assure him that his child was safe w/ her, and no amount of jail time will ever give him back the peace of mind that he once had.
 bewitching_secret™

beyond words
Posted: 8/15/2007 9:37:41 PM
my child is autistic, so there is an added level of fear that she may be victimized at some point. trust me, I know what to look for ~ I just find it really sad that I have to look for it at all
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 3 (view)

beyond words
Posted: 8/15/2007 8:41:11 PM
I just caught a little bit of this story tonight on the Tacoma news ~ absolutely disgusting. the amount of abuse that occurs to our children in the hands of 'trusted' authority figures blows my mind. at this rate, I'll be homeschooling for sure.

Show ALL Forums