Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do I Contact Him or Not?
 packerfanman
Msg: 17 (view)

Do I Contact Him or Not?
Posted: 8/5/2012 3:35:03 PM
You answered yourself at the beginning. He wanted to screw around but keep you on the back burner just in case. You did the right thing by walking away, it is done, that relationship had run its course.
Spend time with friends and family, don't really look for anyone but don't be a nun either.
 packerfanman
Msg: 5 (view)

Not sure I understand...
Posted: 8/5/2012 3:20:31 PM
I think a big part of it is that guys have this timeframe in their mind as in "I need to meet them in person within X timeframe". For some its a few days, for some it may be as long as a few months. Whatever it is, seems his was a few weeks but has likely found some other flirt to hang out with. If it drops off you will probably start hearing from him on a regular basis again.
Also a lot of guys(and girls) like keeping one or more love interests on the back burner for when their current relationship fails... which is actually a big cause of WHY they fail. They are so prone and expectant of failure that they cannot work with or enjoy what they got.
 packerfanman
Msg: 17 (view)

What should I do for my boyfriend's birthday?
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:48:38 PM
One thing I learned after being married so long, respond to actions with actions, respond to gifts with gifts (in these cases).

If he wants to take you out, then respond by paying for something by taking him to a game store or bait for fishing or something he likes to do. Buying an item is an easy way out, DOING something is what shows the other person you're willing to be with them, not just toss an item you bought their way.
 packerfanman
Msg: 198 (view)

Why did you get divorced?
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:40:34 PM
In my case, she was massively ADD, OCD and bipolar, yet refused to see a doctor about it. Now our kids are suffering. I stuck with it 10 years, I gave it up after that but still am very close with my kids.
 packerfanman
Msg: 23 (view)

Posting pictures of your childen on your profile
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:39:07 PM
Kids in pics is a big no-no on any dating site. It *better be* mentioned in your description that you have kids, but no pictures of them regardless of their age.
If they want to see pics of your kids, wait until 3rd or 4th date. If they want to meet the kids, you BETTER make sure this is a serious relationship, or else just say no.
 packerfanman
Msg: 239 (view)

What is the definition of a 'cougar'?
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:36:32 PM
real world definition: a cougar is 40+ who tends to prefer or at least doesn't mind the company of younger men (as in 10+ years younger)
 packerfanman
Msg: 35 (view)

do women have a problem with dating deaf guys?
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:34:58 PM
The thing to remember is, some women think "oh no problem", when in reality once they are in the situation, it become "oh that is a problem".

Dating is tough regardless of abilities and disabilities, just stick with it and you will find a patient caring woman that doesn't have a problem with your situation.
 packerfanman
Msg: 14 (view)

Is it a red flag for a 30+ woman to have a large age range in seeking a partner?
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:31:41 PM
Everyone has their preferred age range. Just put it on your profile. If that means 18-99 then so be it. If you realistically would date someone that is 18 as readily as a 99 year old then let it be known. If you really don't know then sit down and truly think about it. would you date an 18 year old? 21 year old? 60 year old? 80 year old? think about what the limits really are then use them and stick with them. If you have 24-44, then always allow for a 1-2 year buffer if someone contacts you, but otherwise stick with it.
Otherwise be realistic in your expectations or you will have a hard time being taken seriously in the online dating world (which I know isn't really saying much, but realism tend to have a better impact on other realists).
 packerfanman
Msg: 199 (view)

Serial texters
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:22:58 PM
In most cases, serial texters are either already involved, serious or married type relationships and are the ones who are always "keeping their options open". Those types are typically never happy with what they got, and usually end up being a single 40 something still looking or attempting to upgrade.

Drop them after no physical or voice contact in 2 weeks. Move on.
 packerfanman
Msg: 13 (view)

The over analytical 30 something?
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:20:21 PM
Being married for 10 years, there is nothing wrong with being a bit sensitive and analyzing things, although it sounds like you're taking it a bit far. Take things slow when you meet someone you connect with, and you will realize after time things have changed without you even really doing anything to change them, but also do not go out of your way to ensure things never change or you will be left behind. Your priorities change, your desires and outlook and life changes.

Now the daters who expect the other person to put their life on hold for them are the ones that really need to be dropped and avoided. At our age, we should be settled into a job or career we like, or at least working towards it. Settled into a home and lifestyle we have been accustomed to. This is fine, but once you meet someone special, it still helps to be cautious as some gamers are very good at their game.

Show ALL Forums