Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Does (or should) age equal wisdom?
 ChrisI990
Msg: 55 (view)

Does (or should) age equal wisdom?
Posted: 6/17/2011 3:49:13 PM
I find this to but for the opposite reason haha i think age is just an indication of how much you should know not really a measure of it everyone lives a different life and learns things at a different rate.

People always talk down to me because im 20 and make out i dont know anything but to be honest i feel and its often commented on by people around me that im more worldly then people double my age...

Its just one of those things i guess people like to make assumptions about others, but to hell what everyone else thinks you just gotta do what ever works for you and if you want to ask something then ask :)
 ChrisI990
Msg: 176 (view)

what the heck are guys looking for on a first date?
Posted: 6/16/2011 12:19:25 PM
What you're saying is surely a good thing in the long run right?

Like even though knock backs, rejection and someone not liking you as much in return is excruciating at the time (and i should know) And im sure this was more of a frustrated vent and you know this deep down but would you prefer someone meet you for the first time, be somewhat unimpressed and just be be like "well you'll do.."

Of course not, sure some say its naive to believe you'll meet someone and have that instant connection and love at first sight etc etc but its better to wait it out and put your energy into toughing through the heart ache to find someone who genuinely is inspired by you and thinks you are their dream princess rather then trying your hardest to convince people they want you when really just being yourself is the only requirement it should take for someone to fall in love with you!

Perhaps having "dates" isnt really the way to go its a lot of pressure and high expectations just set out to meet someone and make a new friendship and then see where it goes from there...

Anyway i'll take a penny for my thoughts and i wish you all the best :)

Show ALL Forums