Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Have you ever loved someone enough to let them go?
 funfran61
Msg: 68 (view)

Have you ever loved someone enough to let them go?
Posted: 3/2/2012 9:03:28 PM
Yes AkitaWhite, you are right. It's like having your own heart ripped out and stomped on but there's more then just me to think about. I still prayer for him and wish him the very best in everything.
 funfran61
Msg: 66 (view)

Have you ever loved someone enough to let them go?
Posted: 2/29/2012 9:30:42 PM
Yes, I met an amazing man on another date site. It all started rather precociously, as neither of us were very sure about the other. However, we had many, many a stimulating conversation on an array of topics. In each, we had our own opinions which caused the other to grow. We were both still looking, if you will. Then, I realized just how special he was but he'd found someone that he really, really likes.

I care very deeply for this man. He's the first man to ever treat me with true respect and unadulterated candor. Yet, I never spent a minute nervous or intimidated around him. Mind you, I was married for 12 years and never felt the love this man gave to me.
I want the very BEST for him... am I good enough for him? Absolutely. However, he too must believe the same about me, without it, it would lead us nowhere.

I did this same thing a couple times prior to my being married; however, I didn't know then what I know regarding the many and varied dynamics of love. This man is the real deal; deep, sensitive, intelligent, and unselfish.

Show ALL Forums