Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Wakefield Bar Street POF meet - Friday May 11th 2012 - 8PM
 aquaplane
Msg: 15 (view)

Wakefield Bar Street POF meet - Friday May 11th 2012 - 8PM
Posted: 5/9/2012 6:28:48 AM
Can I come?

I don't know about the party, I'm getting too old to party.

Flight control to Major Tom, 50 LOL, and a few.
 aquaplane
Msg: 3 (view)

LEEDS OCEANA..8pm IN WOOWOO BAR NEW YEARS EVE PRIVATE POF PAAAAARTY 31.12.2011
Posted: 12/25/2011 7:28:05 PM
We're not doing owt for New Year if Kiethy baby isn't having open house, I'll see what Porl is doing and try to be there.
 aquaplane
Msg: 9 (view)

The Wakefield City Pof meet february 18th - Feeback and Pictures
Posted: 2/20/2011 1:41:55 PM
Well done Bry, the room was full, but not crammed, a really really good meet.

Good to see some old friends too. See you soon old boy.
 aquaplane
Msg: 50 (view)

The Wakefield City Meet - Friday February 18th - 8pm till late
Posted: 2/17/2011 12:34:33 PM
Well, I have got a sitter sorted out and my carer will bring me so I'm up for this one.

Do we wear a carnation or anything?

Is there a quiet corner or a naughty step?

aquaplane
Msg: 56 (view)

The Original Wakefield Meet...Friday 14th January 2011
Posted: 1/14/2011 7:06:41 AM
I was going to come to make sure Paul behaves himself but I'm just getting over flu. Propper flu not man flu, I've not done owt for the last 2 weeks and I'm still coughing all over.

I'll see how Stormy feels when she gets in form work and decide later.

Whichever, have a good one and don't forget to mingle.
 aquaplane
Msg: 10 (view)

morale duty of the unemployed?
Posted: 12/25/2010 5:22:07 PM
Moral and duty aren't words understood by the majority of the unemployed.

There again, paying tax isn't understood by most of the rich bastads either, chase both with equal vigour.
 aquaplane
Msg: 83 (view)

Fake profiles - what's the point?
Posted: 12/25/2010 5:14:20 PM
No such thing as a fake profile.

Someone may be looking for a short term shag in one profile, as most folk are, male and female, just to scratch an itch.

But if someone turns up that they can live with they will stick with them. That may not be likely if they apear too easy.

Long term thay may want to settle down with someone, if it seems right.

So long as they are only seeing one punter from either profile at once what's the problem, no one is being decieved.
 aquaplane
Msg: 17 (view)

The Original Wakefield Meet...Friday 14th January 2011
Posted: 12/25/2010 5:02:59 PM
Well done Bry, Wakefield needs meets.

Loads of folk have got hooked up since the first Wakie meet in 2007

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts6393104.aspx

Some folk have just had some fun and moved on but I recognise a few permanent relationships from the Wakie meets.
 aquaplane
Msg: 7 (view)

new network of friends
Posted: 8/20/2010 4:56:06 PM
You need to change our location from Uk to where ever you are, nearest City should be good enough.

It's not easy for someone out of a relationship to make new mates with single folks is it? It wasn't for me.

Try one of your LOCAL meets. You meet folk and get a social life. Oh, and you make mates too. Probably more mates the same gender as you to start with but someone may catch your eye, or the other way round and you never know.

If you just have an itch to scratch you could just go to meet and get a shag, but some folk don't want to do that, and lots do.

HTH.
 aquaplane

***WAKEFIELD
Posted: 5/26/2010 11:12:52 AM
Good to see you organising a meet Bry, I'll see if I can get Stormy to come and hold my hand 'coz I'm right shy.
 aquaplane

Should British citizens be allowed to own non-lethal self defense weapons?
Posted: 6/9/2009 4:30:09 PM
MSG 9 Don't live in London then.

Ban all weapons, they are baned in Bob World.

All tools are allowed, Knives, Axes, any tool is OK, weapons are taboo..

Don't tell me they are the same thing, in the hands of a citizen they are tools, in the hands of thugs and scum they are weapons, in Bob's World.
 aquaplane
Msg: 30 (view)

What one thing will always put you off someone?
Posted: 6/9/2009 4:19:08 PM
Materialism.

Since that won't be enough characters, anyone who has put appearance as a reason too.
 aquaplane
Msg: 38 (view)

UK POF Meets : Icebreaker Ideas?
Posted: 6/9/2009 4:03:31 PM
Before anyone claims the smallest POF meet, Me and Paul hosted the first 4 Leeds meets, and there were 2 of us, except the one where my son came.

And since then we meet every Wednesday, everyone is still invited, but we are happy to chat amongst ourselves untill anyone else arives, (to be honest we take the piss out of each other or gossip about other Fish). We have had up to twenty on a Wed night, but lately it's been us 2 with the odd visitor.

Edit, also we tend not to put a lot of effort in, we are happy with our own company. We provide a venue and a date, folk attending can either mingle and make friends, or not. Perhaps thats why only the folk who like our meets still come. Them that don't can stay away, the last thing we want is critisism for doing somat voluntary.
 aquaplane

Sexual Equipment Preference
Posted: 6/9/2009 3:43:59 PM
Having read 5 posts on page one, Tight and Wet works, kids fcuk up the tight and also give the wrong sort of wet.
 aquaplane
Msg: 21 (view)

how to stop messages from meeting adverts?
Posted: 5/4/2009 5:32:49 PM
I sent out a party invite recently and got some interesting replies:

Boring B@stard

I don't want to stop all party invites but don't want yours, will you stop sending them?

Fcuk off you pervy bast@rd, I'm not into your prevy games, wot do you think I am, I like wimin.

Sod off, I don't like old men, stop bothering me.

But usually the English is sh1t and in txt speak, I wonder why hosts bother. I do relaise you can't educate pork, so I make allowances.

Meet invites are not Spam, they are invites to members.

Folk who don't like to meet up in a group situation I don't trust. Why do you want to get your date in a one on one situation where you can do you influencing? Why not join a group and get to know a few folk and then date someone you know, and knows you?
 aquaplane
Msg: 38 (view)

Your best gadgets!!
Posted: 4/20/2009 1:00:30 PM
I like my PC, for forums and stuff.

My GPS is handy too.

My Tilley is bright and it keeps me warm, most of the rest is mainly nice to have but not really necessary.
 aquaplane
Msg: 16 (view)

pollocks!!!
Posted: 4/6/2009 11:10:40 AM
I once caught some, they taste just like Cod.

They have different names depending where you are, variously Pollock, Saith or Coley, AFAIK.

They are unpopular but as Cod stocks are just about wiped out they have been used as a sustainable alternative in fish fingers.
 aquaplane
Msg: 1 (view)

Wakefield Meet, Friday the 1st May, Henry Boons from 8
Posted: 4/6/2009 4:27:33 AM

Wakefield Meet.
Friday the 1st of May.

The May Wakefield meet night at Henry Boons is on

Friday the 1stof May from 8 PM!

Your hosts for this meet are Aquaplane & Tournvlad, (Bob n Paul).

Please note that we aren't in the Yard Bar for this meet. We will try to take over the raised area under the big screen but that's no hardship.

It seems to work having a reasonably quiet spot to meet and chat, and those that want to go clubbing at Mustang Sally's after to dance the night away!

The place is called: Henry Boons

The address is: 130, Westgate, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF2 9SR

A map can be found at this link (opens a new window).

If you would prefer to meet up with someone so that you aren't coming in on your own, either post on this party thread or drop one of us a line and we will get something sorted for you.

Please mention that you are coming to the meet in your profile, some folk change their headline but it's up to you, a bit of extra advertising works wonders don't you know!

If you are unsure about anything or have any questions you would like to ask simply message one of the hosts who will be happy to help.

aquaplane
Msg: 58 (view)

BBC is it worth the money? Would you like to see it go to save on license fees?
Posted: 4/2/2009 5:08:53 PM
I know a decent programme if it bites me aras, but I won't find one outside the normal 5 channels. OK some of what is put on them is crap too, but it's better than the crap on Sky and Cable.

Dancing on Ice, never watched it, we haev an off button on our teely when there is nothing on worth watching, we don't need moving wallpaper, our static wallpaper is quite nice.
 aquaplane
Msg: 14 (view)

Dating a Separated Woman
Posted: 4/2/2009 4:13:56 PM
Good point Nemesis, but in the OP's situation, does he hang around or leave it to the other 5 or 10 blokes it takes to rebuild the lasses selfesteem so she can move on?
 aquaplane
Msg: 55 (view)

BBC is it worth the money? Would you like to see it go to save on license fees?
Posted: 4/2/2009 3:55:51 PM

Considering the BBC hasnt put one decent programme on in the last 30 years its a complete waste of space to pay for rubbish there filling our tv screens with,

So you don't have a telle then? If the BBC hasn't put out a decent programme in the last 30 years what is all the other sh1te in the box then?

I only watch the BBC and Dave, which is BBC reruns as far as I can see, all the rest is more choice of absolute crap. OK sometimes there is something on Film 4, and NCIS/CSI is OK on 5.

Can you honestly tell me that folk who actually pay for Sky or Cable get anything aproaching a good deal? OK they can brag to their associates that they get several million channels of shite for pennies, but it's shite!
 aquaplane
Msg: 20 (view)

What the Phuck..
Posted: 4/2/2009 3:42:40 PM
We had a right interesting lesson about "comprising" and "consisting of" in English, it's to do with the derivation of the wurds, I suspect it's the same with Phuck and all them others begining with Ph or F, it'll be somat to do wiv Geek or Latin.

OOOps, Greek 'as an "r" in it.
 aquaplane
Msg: 11 (view)

Dating a Separated Woman
Posted: 4/2/2009 2:35:47 PM
When I was first divorced my self esteem was at a low eb, all I was interested in was making sure I could still pull, and that my tackle worked with women in general and not just one. So I wasn't too choosey.

After a bit I relaised that profiles with " Back on the market", "Time for me", "newly divorced" were folk like I used to be and weren't looking to settle down, they wanted to play for a bit first, like I did to be fair.

Stay away, leave them to work out what they want and you try someone else.
 aquaplane
Msg: 32 (view)

Mice advice
Posted: 4/2/2009 2:00:37 PM
You didn't say you had a snake, what's the problem?

That's your food supply for the snake, will it eat them live? You can always use a normal trap and give the snake the mouse dead.

What sort of snake is it? My lad's snake was onto small rats, but I suppose they may be full grown rats by now.
 aquaplane
Msg: 29 (view)

Is My Puter Ready For Cyber Heaven?.....Help !!
Posted: 4/2/2009 1:51:27 PM

I took some technical advice and broke off the pins with a pair of pliers and just stuck it in !!!!

Me eyes are watering now. If I see you with a pair of bricks I'm off pronto.
 aquaplane
Msg: 33 (view)

Rocky Horror Feedback Comments and ideas
Posted: 4/1/2009 6:57:49 AM
I'm sure I have seen skirts that are long enough to cover suspenders, are they all sold out?

What did Paul go in? Any pics?
 aquaplane
Msg: 4 (view)

Mice advice
Posted: 4/1/2009 6:47:35 AM
Keep the food in a tin box, if they can't raid the convenient larder they may sod off and do it the hard way like all the others.
 aquaplane
Msg: 22 (view)

***WAKEFIELD*** Bob and Paul's Big Night Out at BOONS APRIL 3th
Posted: 4/1/2009 2:10:46 AM
Katywakey, is there some history behind that post????

Just remember, it's ok to do stuff you may regret in the morning, if you don't get found out

We tend to work on the principle that everyone who attends is grown up enough to sort themselves out, but won't leave anyone who obviously isn't able to sort themselves out in the mire.
 aquaplane
Msg: 12 (view)

Do Women Get Angry Because They Have No Penis?
Posted: 3/31/2009 4:21:01 AM
Women don't need a penis.

With what they do have they can have as many as they want without trying very hard.
 aquaplane
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 3/29/2009 3:27:23 PM
Coming from London??? what a load of bollocks, and posting a moby number on here too, why do they feel the need to advertise on the meet threads when there is obviously not a chance in hell of them coming? Well it's deleted now so you won't know what I'm talking about.

Less than a week to go, and the lat and long is not sorted so the mass email can't go out, it's in hand though.

Come to Wakie to be relaxed, you know it makes sense.
 aquaplane

broadband and telephone line whats the best deal???
Posted: 3/24/2009 3:16:00 PM
I'm with Utility Warehouse, it's the best deal I could find and is cheap coz they don't advertise, they rely on word of mouth. The customer service center is in London. The look on their face when they knock on my door asking if I want to swap and just wander off looking dejected when I tell them who I'm with is priceless, they can't compete.
 aquaplane

Women.. Why won't Advertisers Leave us some Dignity..
Posted: 3/19/2009 4:04:08 PM
Do you think it could be 'cos wimin shop and spend cash, where blokes don't so it's pointless advertising blokes stuff.

If a bloke buys antipersirant or shampoo that costs more than 99p he is obviously a puff.
 aquaplane
Msg: 8 (view)

make sure you canel your credit cards
Posted: 3/16/2009 1:06:35 AM
It's not just death, I can't close a joint account I had with my last partner, she has dissapeared and isn't available to sign the forms. The Halifax won't do anything despite being told the situation and a letter being sent to head office explaining why her signature isn't going to happen.
 aquaplane
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 3/16/2009 1:00:55 AM
I thought the "big night out" was on a Wednesday, just me and you big boy?

If we are going to go and pester Bry again let me know and I'll bring me dobber.

Friday night out at Henry Boons, I can't wait.
 aquaplane
Msg: 13 (view)

Fishing
Posted: 3/10/2009 3:28:52 AM
I have caught enough makerel to feed everyone aboard a few times in Loch Fyne/Clyde area. It's somat to do when there isn't enough wind to sail but above 3 knots it's time to give up.

If you are in a shoal you have to give up when you have enough else the daft gits keep throwing themselves at the hooks, or bits of rusty bent wire if that's what's on the line.

Lovely cooked when they are barely dead, yumm.
 aquaplane

March Wakefield meet Feedback.
Posted: 3/7/2009 3:14:47 AM
We were thinking that maybe the Wakie meet has had it's day, not many signups and all that. After talking to folk last night, we were wrong, there is a demand for a quiet evening out where you can chat wouthout shouting yourself hoarse. Some folk came "home" after visiting the Leeds meet even!

There was a 21st party in the Yard Bar, it wasn't a big problem, we took over the raised area in the main bar. Sorry to any folk who we missed and they didn't find us for one reason or another.

I didn't end up wearing my supper, it was an unusual night!

Another night of fun is organised for in 4 weeks, see you then.
 aquaplane
Msg: 13 (view)

***WAKEFIELD***Mad March Meet*** MARCH 6th
Posted: 3/4/2009 7:33:01 AM

id love to come but at my age most of mates are not single.

That's part of the point, lots of folk come to meets to form a new circle of friends because all their existing mates are part of a couple.

Of course some make mates with potential partners and end up as a couple, but some just see the meets as a night out with like minded people.

The ones who turn up expecting to go home with a potential spouse are usually dissapointed.
 aquaplane
Msg: 19 (view)

Living in a camper home on the road of your choice
Posted: 3/4/2009 12:13:37 AM
MSG 14
I met Borris in the Lake District and had a very pleasant evening chatting. His mobile home was a very nice affair and he got all over in it.

He worked on the internet from his vehicle, had a satelite dish on the roof for it. He had to manage his power carefully and the fuel bills for his generator were quite large but it is possible.

I suppose he is still roaming around.............
 aquaplane
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 3/2/2009 11:51:57 PM
There is a technical problem with the mass email so it can't go out.

It looks like we are going to be a select band doesn't it? Never mind, we have always gone for quality rather than quantity in Wakefield, and we have hit the target square in the middle every time.

I will see if I can get the Dove From Above to sort out the mass email soon.

aquaplane
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 2/27/2009 12:02:16 AM
Hey it's only a week away, don't time fly when you are enjoying yourself.

Richard, why not bring the lucky lady along? I consider my Fish night out to be part of my social life, and Erica comes too, quite a few couples keep coming to the meets at least for a while after they meet up.

Whiley, don't be scared of coming on your own, there will be others in the same boat. Often blokes end up stood at the bar nattering about cars and footy, it's like being out for a night with your mates really, just you never met 'em before.
Of course to get friendly with a lady, you have to go chat to them too.

TTFN
 aquaplane

Posted: 2/16/2009 11:57:28 PM
A good point Wendy, it wasn't there when this thread went up. There was a time when two local meets wouldn't be allowed on the same evening. Then there was a time they would be if they were different types of meet. Now I think it's a free for all. It's OK for the folk who want to go to one or the other, those who wouldn't mind going to both loose out.
 aquaplane

Wakefield meet 6th Feb, feedback and no pics.
Posted: 2/7/2009 5:39:50 AM
It was a quiet meet wasn't it? The beer was cheap, the company was good.

There were loads of newbies, I hope you all had a good time.

Was it what you expected?

What did you expect?

It was quiet up in town too so I don't know if folk are just skint after Xmas, or there just isn't so much cash about, or if it was just too cold, and it was cold.

There are meets booked for 6 months or so, lets see what happens at the next and subsequent ones.
 aquaplane

Canal tours
Posted: 2/3/2009 11:23:07 AM
It's worth checking on permits/qualifications needed for using the continental canals.

I think you need to pass a test to take your own boat on the canals, I don't know how they work it for tourists hireing boats though.

Stick to the UK, there are loads of possibilities, some already mentioned.
 aquaplane
Msg: 19 (view)

Who crashed their car today? I know - seriously!
Posted: 2/2/2009 12:09:08 PM
I had a couple of almost brown trouser moments this morning, only in second gear just lifting off to slow down a bit and the steering went loose. The car infront was 30 yards away but I wanted to keep it that way.
 aquaplane
Msg: 8 (view)

Thursday's Leeds Singles Meet - Feedback
Posted: 2/2/2009 11:54:10 AM
It was a good meet.

It's not a venue I would go to again, but it would be a poor world if everyone liked the same thing.

I'm sure some folk went because they know the place and it suits them, and they prefer not to drink with folk who like Wetherspoons.

Perhaps someone could arange a meet in a cheaper venue to suit those folk who are on a tight budget.

Hosts organise meets in a place that they find suits them, on a night that suits them too. If it's not your ideal venue or evening, there is loads of help and guidance on how to organise your own meet, there is a need for all sorts of meets to suit all tastes.
 aquaplane
Msg: 15 (view)

Buy British!
Posted: 2/2/2009 11:41:10 AM
I was discussing how stuff used to last longer and it was possible to get bits to repair them way back when.

My first Russel Hobs kettle lasted years, and when the element broke you could replace it. These days a kettle lasts a couple of years and they are disposable cheap tat, not inexpensive but cheap.

I went looking for a kettle made in Britain, they are all made in China. I would rather pay extra for a British kettle that lasts 10 or 20 years than a cheapo crap foreign one that last 2 mins then self destructs. The retailers won't stock good stuff 'coz you won't have to go back to buy more crap so soon.
 aquaplane

Second Anniversary Wakefield Meet - Henry Boon's Westgate - Friday the 6th February.
Posted: 2/1/2009 12:42:57 PM
Hey Paul, I quite fancy you in that white top! What are you doing Wednesday night, fancy a date?
 aquaplane

Second Anniversary Wakefield Meet - Henry Boon's Westgate - Friday the 6th February.
Posted: 1/28/2009 12:12:10 AM
Pass me my ear defenders, I can't hear for the din in here, you are a noisey lot you lot.

You can leave a message if you like you know!

I'm off now, I'm told pleading isn't attractive, to either sex.
 aquaplane
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2009 12:34:36 AM
It's less than 2 weeks to go folks. I can tell that you are all quietely excited by the best 2nd anniversary Wakefield meet this year, the only second anniversary Wakefield meet this year!

We don't have a green link anymore, but it's equivalent blue one has appeared at the bottom of your inboxes, just where you won't see it. Tell your mates, we will see if we can make this one a bit special
 aquaplane

Public swimming baths
Posted: 1/22/2009 2:43:52 AM
I just looked it up, the closest one to me is £3.75 for a normal session and £3.10 for length swimming.

During the normal sessions they do have a slide for some of the time, but not all of it.

It's a while since I was there but IIRC it's a refundable quid for the lockers.

Show ALL Forums