Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What good things has Trump accomplished?
 natural energy
Msg: 5114 (view)

What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 5/3/2018 3:56:17 PM
I posted part of this on the Facebook thread.

Trevor Noah and Stephon Colbert are the only way I want to hear about US politics about Mr. Trump!
I need their humour when they convey this information about a person I cannot believe is in power now!

On Trevor's episode last night (Wed, May 2) he interviewed Michael Hayden, the former director of the National Security Agency and CIA about his book "Assault On Intelligence - American National Security in an Age of Lies". He talks about the layers ... the first layer being us, our political culture which has been named "the post truth world" in which the typical person makes their decisions based on emotion, preference, allegiance, tribe, grievance, etc ... not on facts and data.
Mr. Trump recognized this and exploited this .... he has worsened it with his behaviour and language, now with his presidency.
Mr. Putin recognized that this was occurring and has taken advantage of this and exploited this prior to Mr. Trump being elected in.
Mr. Putin tried this on the Norwegians, but it did not work. Norway was not a fractured society, as the US is.
He found the fractures, worsened them, then exploited them .... and this has worked on the US society. Basically he manipulated public opinion. Michael Hayden covers this in his book, and how "war" does not have to be a combative war, when you can weaken a society by manipulating public opinion to cause 'chaos" . He did not use the word "chaos" in the interview ... that is my word.

Social media is being used by these people to manipulate the general public and "worsen the fractures" in our current society.

Mr. Comey had also said, in an interview with Stephen Colbert on April 18, that he hopes that Mr. Trump does not get impeached ... that the US citizens must take responsibility for electing him, and then not electing him the next time! Everyone should go out and vote! I agree with him about the US citizen realizing what is occurring here, then not elect him in again, and more people actually voting ... however, I don't trust him for what destruction he may do in the meantime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-nGPNn19vE (Stephen interviewing James)
"My first reaction to those kinds of tweets is a shrug — like, ‘Oh, there he goes again.’ But actually then I caught myself and I said, ‘Wait a minute. If I’m shrugging, are the rest of the country shrugging? And does that mean we’ve become numb to this?’ It’s not O.K. for the president of the United States to say a private citizen should be in jail. It’s not normal, it’s not acceptable, it’s not O.K. But it’s happened so much, there’s a danger we’re now numb to it, and the norm has been destroyed. And I feel that norm destroying in my own shrug. So we can’t allow that to happen. We have to talk about it and call it out. It’s not O.K.” — JAMES COMEY

My view, after hearing all this, is that Mr. Putin was "smart" in manipulating the general US citizens via social media to cause chaos in the US (worsening the fractures), which resulted in Mr. Trump being elected .... a non intelligent figure head who continues to manipulate some of the US public with his emotional and reactional responses, and who is easily manipulated himself!
 natural energy
Msg: 6 (view)

Facebook is not for hookups anymore
Posted: 5/3/2018 9:38:48 AM
I find it bizarre that he would announce this at this point in time ... Mark Zuckerberg obviously expects that most people will continue to use Facebook, in spite of what has occurred ... as many of you here appear to support.

You have heard this from me before ... Facebook is Big Brother ...
Even though you feel that you put on your filters, the fact that you even use Facebook gives "them" your access to follow you around anywhere through the Internet .... and keep track of you and your digital footprint and continue to collect more information on you.

I realize that this is done by web browsers, in general, for example, and many other web sites ... but, Facebook is a real culprit for this since they have so many people in the world on their database to start with ... they have been doing this for so many years already .... it does not take much to keep adding to the information they have on you on their database .... this is why Facebook is more dangerous than most people are aware of.

Trevor Noah and Stephon Colbert are the only way I want to hear about US politics about Mr. Trump!
I need their humour when they convey this information about a person I cannot believe is in power now!

Trevor Noah covered this Facebook announcement in Tuesday night's episode (May 1) as well.
He jokes about how he can picture it ... a long love relationship ... a child .. you don't read the terms of service, then Facebook takes your child and sells him/her to Cambridge Analytica ... who are now shutting down and filing for bankruptcy! :) I don't know if Trevor was aware of this shutting down at the time of his episode. :)
... and only a matter of time before the Russians meddle into our love lives. :)

On Trevor's episode last night (Wed, May 2) he interviewed Michael Hayden, the former director of the National Security Agency and CIA about his book "Assault On Intelligence - American National Security in an Age of Lies". He talks about the layers ... the first layer being us, our political culture which has been named "the post truth world" in which the typical person makes their decisions based on emotion, preference, allegiance, tribe, grievance, etc ... not on facts and data.
Mr. Trump recognized this and exploited this .... he has worsened it with his behaviour and language, now with his presidency.
Mr. Putin recognized that this was occurring and has taken advantage of this and exploited this as well.
Mr. Putin tried this on the Norwegians, but it did not work. Norway was not a fractured society, as the US is.
He found the fractures, worsened them, then exploited them .... and this has worked on the US society. Basically he manipulated public opinion. Michael Hayden covers this in his book, and how "war" does not have to be a combative war, when you can weaken a society by manipulating public opinion to cause 'chaos" . He did not use the word "chaos" in the interview ... that is my word.

You don't think that Mark Zuckerberg is positioned to do the same thing? Perhaps he is already .... even with changes in laws re: social media ... they will always find loopholes and your information will be passed on to others .... governments for sure ...

Not enough people realize the dangers lurking with all this information on so many people that has been and continues to be collected and then sold to ........... so many dangerous people .....
 natural energy
Msg: 21 (view)

The Realities and Trends of Current Relationships
Posted: 5/1/2018 12:39:53 PM
OK, I had to share this ... just heard this on the radio .. and we have some posters from the UK ....
referring to the "health issues " with texting ... it appears that doctors are saying that they are handling more injuries from just texting than with texting and driving! .. in the UK, they are putting up bumpers on lampposts!
You UK posters ..... have you seen this? Hilarious!
 natural energy
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2018 8:07:52 AM

Generally speaking, daddies teach their daughters that they can be appreciated for who they are, without having to use the lure of sex. But I still see the accepted idea of a well dressed man, is one wearing a suit, and a woman, something tight and revealing.

I am glad to hear that about teaching daughters ... but it goes against what you say here about what is accepted .... I would change "accepted" to "expected" by too many.

But sometimes we're too interested in what we can get out of a person, to fill that hole in our insecurity. So we fall for bad advertising.
You hit the nail on the head. It is the insecure person who requires to fill the hole in their insecurity and does not see clearly who they are ... and lusts/desires (you choose which word. :) ) for much better than they are!
 natural energy
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2018 6:12:56 PM
Purplerider ..... you are painting all women with the same stroke.
I like to view each person as an individual .... it is too bad that more people wouldn't view each person as an individual and not pocket them into the female pocket and the male pocket, since we are all different.
 natural energy
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2018 6:07:48 PM
Remember that the marketer's job is to be ahead of the general public.
You are so correct about the DNA ... although most envelopes now have the strip, so no more licking is required .... so groups cannot get DNA that easily unless sent in as it was to the geneology web site that was used to catch the Golden State Killer.
 natural energy
Msg: 21 (view)

scam scam scam scamity scam! (let's sing the Monty Python song)
Posted: 4/30/2018 5:59:06 PM
^^^^^
I believe you are referring to me .. did you read the OP? I did not start this thread, so I obviously am not the only one making the complaint. Most POFers do not know of this forum, so the fact that there are not many who have posted here does not dictate any pattern! :)

... do you want another "complaint" ... I call them observations of reduced quality ..... the forums used to be part of the regular POF, and we could link to our posts from our profiles ... you remember that ... you too, were there then! :) You too, appear to be all right with reduced quality ... I see that you are self employed .. I hope that your quality of your product / service has not been reduced.

I certainly know how to deal with lack of customer service .... but, the fact that the almost "norm" appears to be a lower quality in almost all work and customer service, this shows you that too many people are accepting lower quality.

I didn't realize there was a filter SPAM option here on POF ... not! :)

... btw ... I already covered the fact that prices go up due to costs.

Are your eyes twitching now? Yes, this is free ... but the quality was much better before! You have missed the point!
I certainly know where to address this if I thought anything would be done about it ... since too many people, as yourself are accepting reduced quality ..... there are not enough of people like me to affect any positive change here .... I merely started to support the OP with what she was saying.
 natural energy
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2018 5:54:08 AM
^^^^^ and further above:

Yes, work ethics and customer service is not what it used to be .... and why is that?
The customer accepts lower customer service! If the customers would not accept this, then the restaurants, etc would have to improve customer service. As times continue and there are not enough jobs for all - more competition for jobs, more competition between restaurants and stores, this should change .... keeping in mind that online shopping is increasing in popularity ..... there is better customer service and deals with online shopping if you have noticed, as they target to obtain market share, etc.

Work ethics .... I hope this changes with the above changing ... I expect that it will improve with the scarcity of jobs for all ... you must provide better work ethics if you want a job. This is what I see in the future. This is already occurring. More of this generation are staying home longer before being able to afford to purchase their own home .. many are still finding it difficult to find work in what they were educated for, etc. There are some great TED videos and articles all around about this.

I know that toblerone, for example, have reduced the weight of their bars .... many items are getting smaller for the same price to attempt to fool the consumer, etc ... some of the price changes we can understand since everything gets more expensive .... it is when they attempt to fool the consumer that we don't trust their motives and feel they are cheating us ... and rightly so .... so, should the consumers accept reduced quality and reduced service, etc? They seem to, as is indicated here by some who feel that we should accept reduced quality here on POF!

I always know when "they" are scammers ... so, I am not one who gets taken in by them ... it is just inconvenient for me ... but others may actually get scammed from them! Some of the scammers are more difficult to filter since they are getting "better" in their ways.
But most of them are obvious.

natural energy
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2018 6:39:06 PM

But how many people are willing to delete their Facebook account because of internet spying on Facebook users by the government or marketers? I doubt anybody has.

Many actually have. Some are changing profiles, etc ... except that that is too late .. once information is on their database, even if you change or think you have changed or "deleted" info, you have not. It can remain on their database. I knew this long ago, which is why I do not use Facebook.

There certainly is some merit to social media for assisting in catching criminals, or broadcasting news quickly ... however, you must be careful to filter whether the information is "true" or not. It is too easy for anyone to post anything on social media. You see this with how Russia supposedly influenced the voters in the American election by posting incorrect information to sway people to where they want them to be swayed to ... you don't think this is occurring elsewhere and by others? It is too easy to manipulate people using social media, since the true identities are easily masked.
 natural energy
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2018 6:30:09 PM

Texting--technology aside--is just another way of conversing with another human being. Before texting, there was a variety of ways a human could talk at you, rather than with you. Or talk about themselves and ask little about you. And so on. Our ability to influence them, will only work when they are ready to be influenced.

Health issues have already been highlighted .... so some of this will be dealt with from that angle ..... as well as fines for texting and driving, etc. Thus they will be influenced! :)

we sure are a culture that generally prefers entertainment to education. Who wants to hear bad news? :)

Well .... too many people are entertained with all the bad news covering killings, etc! So, what do you mean? :)
This is what I mean by "entertained" .... unfortunately it usually includes gruesome acts, and loud dynamics, such as Mr. Trump uses.

but if there are not willing partners, is there casual sex or is there a bunch of horny men chasing the same girl willing to engage?
... looks like the later! :)

The next step (which we are in now), is for artificial intelligence to assume based on what we did today, what a psych profile will predict we'll buy tomorrow. Look at impulsive websites, and you may get an ad for Las Vegas, where you can really let go.
this is already occurring. How this differs from the the magazine subscription contact lists, etc that were sold in the past, is that it is more immediate and precise when the info is already online in a more detailed structure that includes much more information. This needs to be roadblocked by technology wizards working on the other side of these corporations and government bodies who use AI to collect more and more personal information. My concern is that all this detailed information about so many people in the world, can easily be "taken" by the wrong people, who may want to "take over the world" ... as occurs in so many scifi books/films.
 natural energy
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2018 4:59:28 PM
You are so right, mustang!
Quality continues to be reduced ... part of this is that most people sit back and allow it to occur, and don't want to spend money for quality. They will rather buy at the dollar store for lower price and lower quality. I know that I still purchase quality when it occurs ... just wait for the sales.

Regarding the cost in a restaurant .... that is not related to quality, unless the quality of the food has also gone down, as you indicated with the scenario of children taking over the restaurant from their parents. The cost of everything continues to go up, so you have to expect this in restaurants, as long as the quality remains consistent. Remember there is both sides to every work environment .... those who make money in that environment, and those who purchase from that environment.

Another example: POF used to be free wth better services and functionality. :)
I am not paying, so I don't know who has to pay for what anymore, here on POF. :)

... and yes, I'd prefer to be ignored by the scammers. :) A better filter would provide better quality service here!

When times get tough and we don't need all these stores and businesses, then the quality will improve as people will have to compete for business again!
 natural energy
Msg: 12 (view)

POF helps scammers to scam me!
Posted: 4/29/2018 11:29:58 AM
^^^^'
I am surprised at your response since I know that you have been on here for many years as well, so you should be aware of this.
The fact is that POF used to be of higher quality. They filtered out scammers much better before and there are many scammers on here now.
This not a whine .. this is fact!
I do not support reduction in quality as you appear to! That is my point.
I realize what your opinion is. Mine comes as a result of my professional IT experience.
Please do not harrass me re: common sense!
You are getting personal here ..... by personally slamming! I expect you to use courtesy and common sense as well!
 natural energy
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2018 10:30:35 AM
^^^^^
The point I made is that POF used to filter much better!
The fact that you feel all is fine is an example of how our culture is accepting low quality now!
... and why quality systems and products are no longer prevalent, since people like you accept low quality!
 natural energy
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2018 8:10:51 AM
^^^^^
And what do you mean by that?
The Fish owner's manual will explain why they no longer filter out the scammers?
 natural energy
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 4/28/2018 5:41:34 PM
^^^^
Many big box stores and smaller stores are downsizing or going out of business as a result of all the online shopping. Walmart has as well:
"Walmart Cutting Hundreds of Jobs In Latest Round of Layoffs" was news on Jan 10, 2017. So, Walmart has downsized already. You don't need to shop through Amazon to shop online. Most of these stores allow you to shop online with the convenience of returning items to their stores if they don't satisfy ... so using more technology for shopping is occurring and will continue to occur. The texting is an issue ... even if each of us here works on reducing texting, etc. I know people who want to carry a conversation by texting. I use texting to confirm and/or change plans when meeting people, or travelling great distances, as an example ... not to carry on a full conversation. Many people live by texting. Those of us who realize that this is not healthy, should work on influencing the people we know who are addicted to texting .... I forecast that in the near future more psychologists will come out with studies that will get organizations working on therapy and support for these addicted people. Some of this is being reported already.

2a)
You are right about the women who voted for politicians who abuse women ... how soon they forget .... or they are being influenced by those around them and the media without thinking it all through. Too many people are too easily influenced by the "entertainers"! These entertainers are skilled at influencing the masses ... and unfortunately our society has become a society who wants to be entertained ... or feel that they are being entertained.
Yes, backlashing appears to be the natural response for some people. My view is that the men who are blacklashing the MeToo movement are the ones who did not respect women to begin with. Those, who respect women appear to support these women. Yes, there will be a few women who will take advantage of this and accuse some men who are not guilty. Thus, we must have faith in our court system to filter these out.

2b)
Even those women who are treated as equals when it comes to work, intelligent conversation, etc ... are not necessarily viewed as a potential partner in a relationship. This is where the double standard comes in, when it comes to a relationship. Many men seem to enjoy the profiles of women showing their cleavage.
The "Old Boys Network" and the "White Priviledge" still exists, although reverse discrimination exists now as well in the larger organizations and government departments who follow "quotas" for equality. Organizations appear to meet quotas at lower management positions, but the top positions are still primarily the Old Boys Club! Just check out any organizations' hierarchy chart, unless the company / corporation is owned by a woman.

There is nothing wrong with sex. I expect that most of us love it! Sex does not equal Lust.
Yes, many of the boomers are looking for a partner to be their caregiver :)
... many people will generalize that this is one motivation for men looking for a younger partner. :) ... as well as the mid-life crisis and lusting for youthful sex to make them feel younger! ... with the use of Viagra! :)
Casual Sex is what appears to be what many are looking for .... it isn't AIDS that made people reconsider this. It is the many STIs in general.
However, it appears that many people are not aware of these risks ... or are infected already!

I have always referred to Facebook as Big Brother ... now the media, government, and courts are reporting this, without the use of the words "big brother"!
Don't think that the government and other groups aren't already using the Facebook database, as well as our activities through the browsers we use, to spy on us.

I can guarantee that one can love themself, without connecting with a potential partner ..... if you are one who does not follow the casual sex / polygamy / serial monogamy lifestyle and meet the expectation of most men who want a much younger partner.
 natural energy
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 4/28/2018 1:43:39 PM
I'd like to start a discussion on the realities and trends that appear to be prevalent in our society these days, regarding relationships. I see that web site references are no longer allowed on these forums ... a sad change to these forums that I had forgotten about .... how can you discuss without referencing sources to back what you say? Let's see what we can do with these limitations.

In my many years of experience and observations on here .... off and on .... and around us off of POF, I see the following:

1. Antisocial: We live in an anti-social society where too many people feel more comfortable texting than actually speaking to each other. Yes, phones are blamed for this. But .... the phone is only a tool … we must remember technologies are only tools .... we should not allow them to run our lives. Why are people allowing phones and texting to run their lives? How can relationships be healthy with this use? What can we do to keep this from continuing in this manner?

2. Double Standards: Being a very independent female, and having worked in a male dominated profession, I see that double standards continue to be prevalent in our society. I have been fortunate to have had a large part of my career in the IT field, which is dominated by males … I was on par with them and treated as such by some of the men, thankfully. ☺ … these were quality men who were secure with themselves … they did not need to put down a person of the opposite sex who was on par with them intellectually, etc. I also see that many men are back lashing the MeToo movement. I have lost track. Are there other similar movements? Will men and women ever be treated as equals, that is, equal when knowledge, intelligence, skills and talents are matched? For example: Will women ever be viewed as more than sex symbols or objects as possessions? I realize that there are some men who truly do treat men and women as equals, that is based on their knowledge, intelligence, skills, and talents, rather than their gender. But too many do not, even though they claim that they do. I observe that most men appear to want a “partner” who is much better than they are in looks, shape, and characteristics … since women are viewed as inferior to them, and as possessions …. and they want much younger than they are in order to get this ..... some men state that the women on here appear to want the same – men who are better than they are and much younger. I don’t make it a habit to view the women profiles, so don’t know if this is true …. If this is indeed the case, then we are in a deadlock situation, are we not?! …. Or, as I also state “in an infinite recursive loop”! … my technical jargon coming out here. ☺
I also realize that not all women are independent … some of these women will holler feminist statements, when they are not independent enough to justify such statements. I can see why men are frustrated by these hypocrisies in some women.
Similarly, for that matter, will all ethnicities ever be treated as equals?

3. Remain Single: The trend appears to be to remain single. Google “There’s Never Been A Better Time To Be Single” and you will see some points written about this.
One point made: “Scientists at University College London believe monogamy emerged so males could protect their infants from other males in ancestral groups who may kill them in order to mate with their mothers.”
Another point made is that there is the observation that currently single people appear to be happier than married people. Some remain single, as I do, since I am looking for one quality match that is premised on true love - not lust, where there are no double standards, etc. Most of those types of men are already in committed and loving relationships … too many of those who are available do not follow these standards and values.

4. Lust versus love: Will “lust” take over “true love” as the premise for a “relationship”? With my observations on POF, most of the POF members appear to desire lust, rather than love. They are not interested in a committed relationship. They are simply interested in sex – with whoever is willing, it seems.

4. Big Brother and Dystopia: Will the concepts in all those science fiction novels and films shape our future world? …. The “big brother” “dystopia” concept that George Orwell wrote about that exists in various derivations in books/films such as The Terminator, The Hunger Games, The Matrix, etc. Some people say that these scifi books / films foresee the possible future. My view: It is the “power of suggestion” … when this is written in books and films …. Does this not influence people so that these concepts become the realities of the future? Are these authors not the real scientists of the future? Will true loving relationships become a concept of the past? … and sex become simply a mechanical human action? … partly for procreation controlled by the “power” in force, and/or simply for pleasure with whoever is available for such?

I look forward to hearing your views on these factors influencing relationships these days.
 natural energy

Posted: 4/28/2018 12:08:13 PM
I realize this now ... that this could occur from the "send a flirt' or "show interest" option that appears to be part of POF now.
How ridiculous is that?
I call these "grunts" and do not usually respond to "grunts" .. if one can't put more effort into correspondence than that.

Yes .... POF should be filtering much better now ..... as they used to ..... what is all this about? ... from my IT experience, it is lack of Quality Assurance that appears to be prevalent in POF now.
 natural energy
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 4/28/2018 11:09:02 AM
POF certainly does not filter out scammers like it used to .... once it has bee sold!
I get scammers constantly .. .and the scammers are getting better!
.. some appear to collect info about you from their previous attempt ....
POF needs to bring back their former filtering system to filter out the scammers ... most scammer profiles are obvious that they are scammers!
It is a waste of time having to deal with so many scammers, and is not a good reflection of POF to not filter out as they used to.
 natural energy
Msg: 336 (view)

Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 12:03:26 PM
^
I will not respond anymore to "misquotes" of mine or misinterpretations.
It has nothing to do with agreeing or not!
Please discuss further amoungst yourselves ... as I said ... I should not have even commented here,
based on how I see most of you posting on this thread "read" and "interpret".
Literacy is a known issue!
 natural energy
Msg: 331 (view)

Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 8:40:15 AM
Thank you Whisky River .... you are showing me that there are people of value here!
... who actually appear to understand my points ... and don't twist them around to justify their issue with aging!
Let's hear it for we, the people who have no issue with aging gracefully ... we seemto be the healthy ones!
 natural energy
Msg: 327 (view)

Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 6:58:57 AM
ok ... one more post.
^ it is a reality ... not a whine that I post.
Yes, it is my opinion, as many others share ... they just are not posting here ... as I won't any longer as well.
I see that you are looking for between 97 and 99. What is all that about? Masters degree for real?
There are too many people on POF and online in general, who are not very honest ..... so, forgive me if I doubt this .... especially with your date range .... and yes, the reality is that those who post here do not represent the general population (I have repeated this) .... silly comments such as "how do I know" does not cut it. There does not appear to be too many people posting here as well I see. So, these posts certainly do not represent the general population.
I hope you see that! (sample versus population)

.... btw .. me beinig overlooked ... you are missing the point ... I am also doing much of the overlooking!

... and yes .... I have wasted my time here ..... but it has been an intersting interlude to see the types of people posting here these day.
One must see the positive in everything.
 natural energy
Msg: 325 (view)

Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/18/2016 4:39:21 AM

So you'll date a guy living with his parents or a few room mates?

Earns less then half what you earn?

This is not what I consider a mature intellectual.

Some of you men can continue to look for your 20 year younger woman ... and you woman who accept this go right ahead ..... I don't see you with matches though!

There just might be a reason why there are many more women who remain single than men!
They just might be too intelligent for this!
.. and many are very "good looking"!

Last post here .... tired of hitting my head against ....
 natural energy
Msg: 321 (view)

Survey says...Jaded!
Posted: 8/17/2016 9:13:52 PM

many women treat men like wallets but I won't go there

It's perfectly fine to go there .... it's true! ... many women do! ...but not me! I don't need to.
.. I hate to say it, but the women on here who disagree with me most likely are after the wallet ........ I dare say!
Why am I smiling? ..... it is reality, even though I don't agree with their objectives ... or many men, as you know.
What I also said, that it looks like I must repeat ... I know many men in loving relationships .... I was in a career with mostly men .... I relate well with intellectuals of both sexes. I know they exist ..... just not too many good ones available since they are in loving committed relationships.
repeat ... repeat ... repeat ....

You sound like someone who feels old and is angry that some men pursue younger women.

SURVEY SAYS.....JADED!
Quite the opposite actually! I actually have no ailments as most people my age or even younger have.
As I said before ... I say this here in our "discussion". I do not flaunt it on my profile. I don't need to.

I do not respect the men who are after young women old enough to be their daugthers ... as I said this is creepy!
To try to put words in my mouth to say 10 years younger is as old as a daughter, is not what I said.
I don't believe a 10 year old could have a child. geesh!
 natural energy
Msg: 316 (view)

!
Posted: 8/17/2016 4:29:23 PM
It comes down to your values .....
I am holding out for ONE man .... the right one for me.

Too many of you are looking for multiple relationships .. call it serial monogomy ... polygamy ... whatever ....

Relationships based on looks is very shallow .... it is too bad that most of you on POF put that much emphsis on this ....
.. and not great looking guys still want great looking "babes" so, yes, this is double standards!

There are many who want me .... and .. if you look online ... there are many women creeped out by much older men approaching them ... whistiling at them in R/L .... approaching them in R/L .. I get this as well ............ as I said, I am not interested in that much older than I am, other than for friendhsip in the true sense of the word .. it creeps me out .... and being a "cougar" creeps me out as well!

Do you remember Mr. Trump's hug of his daughter at the convention? It is not appropriate for a father to grap the butt!
There are still too many men who treat women as "objects".

I find it very amusing when you men "say" that age isn't the deciding factor, yet your profile shows that it is!
.. or, as LA guy wants to continue to show that online the "good" looking women are looking for younger as well ....

btw ... POF is not a true reflection of the world! Thank goodness!

As I say in my profile ... my match must walk his own talk .... with no double standards ...even if there are only a few of you who are available!
 natural energy
Msg: 33 (view)

The Future of Journalism
Posted: 8/17/2016 9:03:19 AM

At some point in the 2000s time period, people began to argue or push the idea that, to survive, journalism should use a business model. There are many articles about this online.

Igor and I coveered this .... the P/L (Profit/Loss) ... of course profit focus for businesses!

Unfortunately what some of the "general public" want is not what they necesssarily require to keep better informed!

As I also stated .... some of the general public want to be "entertained" ... look at Donald Trump as a prime example ... since politics seems to be the primec focus with many of you.
 natural energy
Msg: 312 (view)

Being unrealistic about age of potential dates?
Posted: 8/16/2016 8:30:25 PM
ok ... aftter viewing a few more profiles and yet again seeing most men stating 20 years or more younger than they are for their preference ..
I am sorry .... that is young enough to be their daughter!
That is just creepy!
It certainly appears to be pedophilish!
 natural energy
Msg: 26 (view)

The Future of Journalism
Posted: 8/13/2016 10:34:28 PM
I agree with you, as to where this thread has been going ... which is why I don't post on the "Trump" thread any longer.
I did not intend this to become a liberal versus conservative thread.
Some people just have one thread of thought!

I understood that the reality (what I call non-reality) shows came about as a result of the strikes with the acting/film/broadcasting personnel (I can't remember which .. probably both), because, as you say Igor, they were cheaper to produce and did not require all the personnel that were striking.

Unfortunately "quality" is not a focus in the business world ... profitability is! ... P/L (Profit/Loss) must come out as a profit in order for the enterprise to survive. Yes, all has come down to that level, except for the so called non-profit organizations and government. The negative about non-profit organizations and government is that they don't know how to manage money .... a happy medium between both non-profit and profit is what is required with important services such as journalism.

... and btw ... quality does not exist in most products these days, to the level it used to be ... I can vouch for this in the IT world, as an example ... PCs aborting so often is not quality! ... yet, the general public has grown to accept this lack of quality.
It has become the "norm" ... much more can be said about the reduced quality of so much these days .. even work ethics .. but then this is digressing .... or maybe not!

There is the positive about social media and cell phones to communicate to the "world" quickly when an event / disaster is occurring. But then how does one determine the validity of what is being communicated? So much propaganda and false reporting can easily brainwash the masses.

As I have pointed out, and Igor has, the quality of most journalism is no longer factual and of high quality. More and more journalists are losing their jobs. The news stations are becoming more "entertaining" focused, rather than providing factual unbiased reporting, which is supposed to occur ... heck ... even teachers are supposed to be entertainers now ... that is where our world has come. People expect to be entertained everywhere and always!
 natural energy

Rio Olympics - 2016
Posted: 8/13/2016 10:01:30 PM
Jamaica still rules much of the track - short distances!

I like to see the results of all ... although I don't enjoy watching all the sports.

The US is doing very well with the medal results!
Canada is doing better with golds than in the past ... nowhere hear the US .... we have all women medals!
.. what is happening to the male athletes?
 natural energy
Msg: 306 (view)

Posted: 8/12/2016 3:34:17 PM
... if you believe in studies ... studies show that men are more likely to rebound quickly into a relationship than women do .... I know that some men will put women down for this ... and there are many generalizations made about both sexes ....

I truly enjoy intellectual discussions with people of both sexes ... who don't merely slam the other sex ... but can contribute intellectually to the conversation ... I certainly require an equal for my match ..... I don't require to look for much younger or much older for my match.

... statistically there are more women than men at older ages .... since men still tend to die younger than women do .... this statistic has not changed dramatically yet ... although it is slowly changing ... so, if the men want younger women ... then there are many of us seasoned women with no partner! ... these are the realities.

But I know that I cannot stoop to the level of accepting a much older man just for the sake of obtaining a partner ... I know that many women do .... but I will not.

... and as LA guy states ... the better looking you are and with money, the better choices you will have .... this may be true sometimes .... but, thank goodness, not all the time! .... the better looking ones often continue to move on from one to another .... and what "better looking" means is left to the eyes of the beholder.

It all boils down to your values, ethics, and what you want!

So, yes I am holding out for the right match for me!
... just wish that those men did not want much younger ... they would never know our age in real life ... online in places like this they do .. for the women who are honest with stating their age!
 natural energy
Msg: 305 (view)

Posted: 8/12/2016 3:18:42 PM
Thank you rearguard ... I was beginning to think this thread was going to go down the drain into the slamming of both sexes! It is humorous ... and of course aggravating when comments are made about the other sex, when the person making the comment exhibits the same quality that they are slamming! :20 :

I certainly know that there are some very good men out there! .... but there are not many "good" (to my standards of good) who are available ones, since they are already in loving committed relationships! ... as I am repeating ... since not all read all posts ... or forget. ... and the fact that too many men want young babes is the main issue! .... I would not consider them for that reason ... even if none of the young babes want them, then they come over to us seasoned women! I won't be a second choice ... after all this only shows that they will continue to look elsewhere .... let them continue to look I say .... I am not interested in the flaky insecure men!
 natural energy
Msg: 295 (view)

Posted: 8/12/2016 7:39:23 AM
... and btw ... women want their partner to turn them on as well! ... at least I do!
 natural energy
Msg: 294 (view)

Posted: 8/12/2016 7:32:37 AM
LAgoodguy (I am not sure about the good. ),

I call that double standard.

At least you are being honest, so I give you credit for that.

Me, being an independent woman in the 21st century, I do not agree with what you say about what women want in general, and what men want in general ... at least not independent women who truly do not require to be supported by a man.

I do agree that there are more woman who require or want to be supported by a man .. and thus money is the motivating factor. These are not the women I identify with nor respect.

I also agree that there are more men who feel that they are the dominant partner in their relationship .. this does not always come with supporting their female partner though. Sometimes the woman is abused and oppressed.
I also do not identify nor respect these types of men .. the men who want to be the dominant partner.

I truly identify and respect men who truly will accept me as an equal ... and accept women as equals ... equals in the sense of what they are able to contribute ... both sides .. men and women

And yes, even with all that the women liberators have done to assist with equality in the workplace ... equality does not always exist. I don't want this to become a women's liberation thread, since even many women do not understand and appreciate the rights they have as a citizen as a result of what these women have done.

I am not an extreme women's liberator .... I simply desire to be treated equally ... especially in my romantic committed relationship. For example, in my IT career, the many times "head hunters" approached me for a job elsewhere since I was woman .... I never took the job .... I believe in getting rewarded for the work you do ... not the gender you represent, etc ... to fill quotas!

As I said before .... I realize that these double standards exist ..... it does not make it easy for we women in our seasoned age ... when most men want so much younger! ... and I repeat, I am not interested in a 70 year old!
If you truly believe in equality, then you would see this. There is two sides with equality.
 natural energy
Msg: 292 (view)

Posted: 8/12/2016 7:09:59 AM
LiliMarleen,

It is true with my friends as well ... which is why I say that there are many happy relationships with partners their own age (within a reasonable difference which I have already addressed).

It appears not to be the case with most of the men looking through online sites ... which is why I really am here to observe with the off chance of connecting with my true match. Most people I know are in committed loving relationships, so I know that they exist!

... and most of my friends are still in their first and only (to this point) relationship.

That may be true that there are not that many relationships where the man is with a much younger woman .. but they seem to want it! just check out the profiles on here ..... you'll this in plain view!
... perhaps until they see the realities that come with it!
 natural energy
Msg: 287 (view)

Posted: 8/11/2016 7:25:31 PM

well how many 40 year old guys want to start a family with a 50 year old woman??

You see the double standard with this.
If a man waits that long to start a family, then live with it!
If a woman waits that long to start a family, she must live with it!

If a man wants a younger woman for child bearing, then somehow I just don't see the romanticism, love, and soul-mate match here! It is more like shopping for an item! I like to feel that I am more important than an "item" that one purchases.
 natural energy
Msg: 286 (view)

Posted: 8/11/2016 7:18:24 PM
It certainly is insulting when men skim over their own age for a "babe" much younger .... especially when "age" stares you in the face when you are online ... eg: people feel that I am much younger than I am when they actually meet me ...
However, I will never state that I look younger on my profile.

Ladies, don't get down on yourself, since many men are that way! They are not the ones for you at any rate!
That is the way I see it! Even though it is insulting, chin up, and continue to enjoy life!
They are not worth worrying about ... they will come around sooner or later ... but I never accept them back!

Can you tell that this is a "beef" of mine .... so .... realistically I continue to live life and enjoy life as I do now .... with the hope that one day I will meet up with my match who wants me for who I am, not that I am an available body .. which I now have stated on my profile. I just am not interested in a 70 year old! These men looking for much younger just don't see it from the other side .. to them it is disastrous that a woman would want a younger man though!

btw .. the term "babe" was used by my borders, who I had years ago ... and they were university age .. not that old!
My doctor neighbour had a much younger wife, who he left three times ... this time for good!
At least I hope he has sense this time!
My borders (students) called her a babe .... but not a very good looking babe!
 natural energy
Msg: 4680 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 8/11/2016 6:27:38 PM
^ What are the three items you must be careful "discussing" with your loved one ... or family ... or ....?
... politics ... religion ... money!
 natural energy
Msg: 280 (view)

Posted: 8/11/2016 2:36:55 PM
^
I know that I have always said that a "few" years difference is fine .... what the "few" means is different to most people.
Since some of you like to put words into my mouth and others, for example above.
... "few" in this context relating to age of relationship partners, is between 5 - 10 years difference.
.. and yes there are very few legitimate truly loving relationships that have more years difference than that ... but that is far and few between

... and with my seasoned age ... work experience .. social experience ... and traveling experience... I'd say I have seen much in this world to come up with this! Have you he same experience?

I just saw a profile ... a 50 year old man wanting to start a family ....... let me guess ... he is looking for much younger than 10 years younger than he is! ...

To me this double standard wanting such a young babe is definitely not treating women as equals!
So, you can see why I have difficulty with this.
 natural energy
Msg: 13 (view)

The Future of Journalism
Posted: 8/10/2016 9:26:41 PM

there used to be classes on how to read newspaper articles, that the first few paragraphs gave you the basics, then you got sent to the back of the newspaper, so that the ads wouldn't be hidden in the back and ignored,

I also understood that articles were written to fit whatever space was available in the newspaper as "they" organized the articles on the pages ... which is why only the beginning "portion" of any article in a newspaper has important information. The rest is filler so it can easily be cut off anywhere so it will fit on the page of the newspaper.

.. and yes. you can prove anything .... there are studies and articles written to prove anything .. it is how the study is done and who wrote the article as to the validity of the information written.

btw ... I didn't realize that liberal US "controlled" the Internet!
I thought is was a few key families! ... according to Zeitgeist! .. for you conspiracy theorists.
 natural energy
Msg: 277 (view)

Posted: 8/10/2016 8:32:47 PM

I said: "Women who want much younger are cougars ... men who want much younger are sugar daddies"

fullmoon said: "Those are blanket generalizations, not treating people as individuals.
You didn't even use the word "most" or "some".

literacy issue? You do not need the words "most" or "some" when you use words "women who" ... this is meaning that the number of women is not known .... it could be some or it could be all ....
... and yes, most women who want much younger men are cougars, and the men who want much younger women better be sugar daddies ... what else are those women after? ... remember the operative word is "much" younger!... the other operative word is "want" .... this want comes before meeting the person.

So you are saying that "realistic and mature" people can only have a meaningful loving and committed relationship with other "realistic and mature" people their own age?
How are you defining this realism and maturity?

All the people I know who are in true loving relationships are with partners their age!
If they are not their age .... they are not in loving relationships .. they are marriages of convenience .... sugar daddy relationships, etc. How do I know? I often get hit on by the husbands!

Regarding mingling with each other .... that is another story. I socialize with all ages ... that is not what we are discussing here .... but, I will not consider a loving intimate relationship with anyone unless he is within a reasonable age difference, and we truly are interested in each other in that way ... soul mate potential. I don't date just anyone .... getting together as friends (without benefits) is what I consider mingling ... and I will do this with people of all ages, if we are interested to be friends and discuss matters, etc.
 natural energy
Msg: 8 (view)

The Future of Journalism
Posted: 8/10/2016 11:38:31 AM
You are right, maleman.
They should state something like "if you missed any part of this broadcast, you may catch up on our web site ..."

With more and more info available through the Internet, we must know how to "filter" out the information, since there is information overload ... and many of the sites are not reliable resources. With so many sites, it is becoming more and more difficult to filter out information to determine the reliable sites.

What has been correctly noted by someone I know who changed from being a journalist on a TV station to a police officer ... many of the current online "journalist" pieces now are not real "journalist" pieces ... they are simply something someone wrote! He stated that the quality of these written pieces are not journalist quality.

My guess is that if TV and radio news becomes extinct, then the reliable online news sites will become paying sites, or attempt to become paying sites ... as is what happens with most sites.
If this becomes the case, what about the people who will not be able to afford to purchase access to the site?
How else can the news sites make money to keep themselves going?
These sites must employ "journalists" to attend political and important functions, and research into dangerous matters.

.... the reliable online news sites will have to have tech staff with their own servers, so that their information cannot be "deleted" and "managed", except by themselves.

Radio is not extinct ... it still exists, but not the same as at it's origin ... it is still the best medium to obtain news while driving, for example. Will the news through the Internet become voice news to fully replace the radio?
Rather than a radio in a car, will there become a computer installed where the radio usually is, that will allow you to change to sites easily, program favourite sites, and have voice on the sites, so you can listen to your music and news through web sites?
 natural energy
Msg: 4 (view)

The Future of Journalism
Posted: 8/10/2016 8:14:55 AM
Censored by who? Who are you referring to?
We don't want to ass u me anything with your statement.
 natural energy
Msg: 274 (view)

Posted: 8/10/2016 8:12:44 AM
Yes there are very few "happily ever after" couples with large age ranges between them ....

.. and we all know that people have marriages of convenience .. marriages for financial security ..... marriages that remain since the two people feel it would be too "expensive" to divorce .... due to their religious beliefs they won't divorce ... due to political reasons they won't divorce, etc ...

So ... I guess it is difficult to really define "happily ever after", isn't it?

But, the "happily ever after" I am referring to is "real happiness" with real devoted love for each other!
I know this exists, since I know many people in this type of relationship.
 natural energy
Msg: 1 (view)

The Future of Journalism
Posted: 8/10/2016 4:06:17 AM
With technology, the meaning of "journalism" is changing.

Check out John Oliver's great take on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq2_wSsDwkQ

I have heard many people realize these changes and decide not to become a journalist ... there are not many journalist jobs available now .... perhaps only freelance journalism?

I am the first one to say that journalists are in the face of most people! They are aggravating!

However, do they not help keep our politicians and executives of corporations on their toes?
... I won't say keep them honest .... since we know that that is most often not the case!

I look forward to hearing your take on this ... and your comments about what John Oliver says in the video.
 natural energy
Msg: 3 (view)

Rio Olympics - 2016
Posted: 8/10/2016 3:50:10 AM
This is great ... John Oliver on the opening ceremonies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LPcVo7gC0

Enjoy!
 natural energy
Msg: 2 (view)

Rio Olympics - 2016
Posted: 8/10/2016 3:14:39 AM
Nobody here interested to talk about the Olympics, it seems.

The US have the most medals so far (after 4 days), as in most of the past Olympics.

Any comments on Michael Phelps' continued success - winning the most number of Olympic medals, etc?

The US Women's gymnastics team were incredible! A well deserved gold medal!

Yesterday Travis Stevens won silver in 81 kg Judo. Congratulations Travis!
He happens to be the boyfriend of Kelita Zupancic, who I know - A Canadian 70 kg Jukoka ... noted in my OP post.
She competes today ... hoping she does as well as Travis or better! We need a gold for Canada!
 natural energy
Msg: 271 (view)

Posted: 8/10/2016 2:36:54 AM

Actually, it mostly explains that you like to generalize

No ... far from it! .. just attuned to the reality of "most" men.
I actually treat people as individuals ... I wish that most people would as well!
I do not associate with people - men or women - who live double standards.
I don't need to.

I said: ... the ones who appear to be realistic and mature appear to be in loving and committed relationships

fullmoonguy said: And exactly which age group are these "realistic and mature" people in?

All ages .... and they are with spouses/partners their own age!
 natural energy
Msg: 4535 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 8/8/2016 7:14:02 AM
When I look at the great US women's gymnastics team in Rio now, and all the ethnicities that are represented by this team .... Did you see Simone Biles routines? .. there are many more athletes of many different ethnicities in both US and Canada!

The main complaint I have of Mr. Trump, as you have already heard from me ... is his racism .. and of course his unprofessionalism and speaking and acting before he thinks .... and possible hidden agendas now ... but this combination spells out SCARY! ... truly a dangerous dictator who will press the "button" before thinking!

He will "choose" which ethnicities he will target! I am surprised that some of you on this thread do not see this.
You may be one of the ethnicities he will target!

As it is, Canada is known to be more open to immigration than the US is ... you have covered this with the discussion of the Syrian refugees as an example. The US immigration acceptance will reduce even more with Mr. Trump ... except perhaps Slovenians .. due to his wife ..... that is, if she is still his wife then ..... how many has he had now? ... perhaps he takes a wife of convenience for what he wants to represent at the time.!
 natural energy
Msg: 4497 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 8/7/2016 7:55:15 AM
OMG!
is all I have to say about the glorification of Rob Ford!
... explains why you feel the same about Trump!
 natural energy
Msg: 4487 (view)

Trump for President
Posted: 8/6/2016 8:46:44 PM
So much emphasis is being put on the political party with the "American Dream", etc.
I guess the laws that come about will define trade rules, the existence of capitalism, etc.

However, I truly never see the difference between Liberals and Conservatives here in Canada, and much the same in the US ... more and more as the years go by. The platforms always appear the same in the end .. the winning party often do not deliver what they promise unless the masses of the public with the assistance of the media pressure the government ... and as the time of the election draws near ... it comes down to who the leader is (president or prime minister).

However there are many other aspects that affect the economy and the wealth of few or many!
- work ethics are continuing to diminish as time goes by ..... yet people want a very good pay
- the wealthy are getting wealthier .... the separation of the classes continues to grow as exists in the UK, India, etc.
- our education system allows more people to graduate with degrees .. but the standards are coming down

...does this sound like the many conspiracy theories out there? Is there a dumbing down of our population?

Even though I do not latch onto any conspiracy theory... I often do wonder.

So, does Mr. Trump belong to any of these "secret societies"?
 natural energy
Msg: 255 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2016 1:59:18 PM
msg 232

I don't discriminate on the basis of age

I do ... I believe in equality.
However .... I can't see myself in an intimate serious relationship with a man 20 years younger than myself or 20 years older than myself ... even with the blue pill!
I'll be friends with them (without benefits) ... even though they would want much more!

Most men appear to have no issue with a woman 20 years younger than themselves ... even younger!

Women who want much younger are cougars ... men who want much younger are sugar daddies .. this explains very well what each is expecting!

... the ones who appear to be realistic and mature appear to be in loving and committed relationships , so are not available ... this is the issue I have as an independent woman at my seasoned age! .. and my profile is clear with this ... to avoid those sugar daddies! ..... and me being a cougar! .... even though I have a cougar dress!

... and I look much younger than my age .... so many people are shocked when they find out my age ....
but I don't advertise this on my profile ... it sounds like mid life crisis ... there is no crisis here .... simply a realistic mature woman .... looking for a like male! They are simply too rare!

Show ALL Forums