Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why's it so hard to get a discussion going in here?
 ibechuck
Msg: 16 (view)

Why's it so hard to get a discussion going in here?
Posted: 6/2/2008 8:20:31 PM

So perhaps its hard to get a discussion going because... no one wants to be too controversial since its a dating site. Or... we really are boring and dont realize it.

Too Controversial?? On THIS site?? *Shirley U Jest*...

...Or perhaps many people are simply paranoid for fear of Moderator Reprisals.

I would love to Discuss... but the Moderator(s) have deemed my previous attempts at *Discussion* to be *Chat* and have therefore have limited all my respond's to 30(?) words or more. And Yet I see many many many others responding with far fewer words.
It was also pointed out to me that If I did do ANYthing that could in any way, shape or form be construed as *Chat* I would suffer the wrath (and I quote) of *The Mod Hammer.*
Seeing as How the *Chat vs Discussion* topic is subjective at best... it makes me hesistant of posting anything that could be remotely considered *Chat or Off Topic*... so Post carefully folks....
So that said, would the preceding be considered Chat or Discussion? And Why?
 ibechuck
Msg: 2 (view)

SEX or Football???
Posted: 6/1/2008 4:29:05 PM
Im pretty sure that the *Sport* (whether bedroom or Stadium) isnt the issue.
I think it has more to do with the fact that the Television is getting more ATTENTION than they are....
Doesnt matter if it Sports or Hobbies.. Never fails that when Im elbow deep into an Engine, I get the *Honey...will you come here for a minute?* question.
 ibechuck

So, hes rich, funny and handsome....why is he on here??
Posted: 6/1/2008 1:26:29 PM
Sounds to me like your trying to Sabotage it before anything even starts!!
Up to this point he apparently hasnt done anything to break out the Red Flags, So why cant you just enjoy the moment... ???
I garantee that if you go into this with a Jaded and Calloused mind set.... You WILL have reason to be skeptical.
Relax and try not to read into anything... Its a Date...not a Life Commitment afterall.
 ibechuck
Msg: 3 (view)

SCATTERGORIES....SOMETHING TO PASS THE TIME
Posted: 5/31/2008 9:42:12 PM
What is your name? Chuck
Four letter word : chop
Vehicle: corvette
TV Show: Chips
City: Chernobly
Girl Name: Christina
Alcoholic drink: Chivas

Boy Name: Charlemagne
Something you wear: Chaps
Celebrity: Charles nelson Riley
Food: Chutney
Something found in a bathroom: condoms
Reason for Being Late: constipated
Cartoon Character: chilly willy
Something You Shout!: Checkmate!
 ibechuck

The Move To Impeach Mayor Gordon
Posted: 5/30/2008 10:35:15 PM
Cant remember where I read it, so I cant attest to the validity, but the article said that the only place in the country where Illegal Immigration is on the down slide is in Arizona.. directly crediting Sheriff Joe and his policies.
Due to the fact that he IS making the arrests, its gotten to expensive for the Border crossers.. knowing there is a high probability or threat thereof, of them getting caught and deported only to have to pay out to make the trip again.
...which in fact arent really HIS policies other than the fact that he's simply enforcing the law currently on the Books.
He HAS publicly stated: *If *They dont want me to enforce the Law... then CHANGE the Law.*
...seems pretty cut and dried to me.
 ibechuck

Different creatine types
Posted: 5/24/2008 1:57:28 AM
My experience with Powdered creatine is about the same as yours. Bloated, Water retention... but of note for me, any perceived muscle growth I experienced went away, after I stopped using it. I still retained the strength. But lost the size., it did seem to help with lactic acid buildup and I felt energized thruout my workouts.
Never tried the Pills...
 ibechuck
Msg: 6 (view)

Lockheed X-22 Anti-Gravity Fighter plus other interesting stuff
Posted: 5/23/2008 9:29:14 AM
Phoebus,
I only commented about the TBL Systems cuz Im a Radiographer and things they were saying about Xrays werent adding up. Notice I didnt comment on the OTHER ideas...

I think I saw on Episode on Discovery or something, About the Japanese Super trains Running on a magnetic field. Which is a similiar concept.
And then recently Ive read about a new Rail Gun to be used of naval vessels.
http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,160195,00.html

... As Sam, noted the biggest obstacle is our current technology. In the case of the Rail Gun, the power requirments for the Rail Gun are so big it affects the operational abilities of the Ship.

In the event we can ever get Superconductivity to work at room tempuratures, then a whole new Era in the evolution of Technology will occur... Thought Controled Flight, Magnetic Force Fields.... and even Anti-Matter Drive Sytems.. Hell yea!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconductivity

....I dont think we'll ever see it in our Lifetime, but I dont think we'll have to wait 200 years for it either...call it the *Next- Next Generation*. Look how Technology has grow expotentially over the last 100 years. hell look how Technology has grow in the last 20 years..!!
Current commercial Laptops have more computing Power than the systems used to put the first Man in Space. People forget that most of the early Space programs will designed and developed using ....Slide Rules.
 ibechuck
Msg: 8 (view)

Buying a bike.
Posted: 5/22/2008 6:01:08 PM

Do insurance companies offer discounts if you pass a recognized safety course?

some do in the US, its been so long since I took the course I honestly cant remember. Worth asking about though.
Although, more and more States are waiving the Physical Skills test if you can show proof of having taken the MSF Course.
 ibechuck
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 5/22/2008 5:02:55 PM
Heh heh heh...Yea... technically, Ionizing Radiation has the exact opposite effect as what happened to Bruce Banner.
Best way to describe the effect is imagine a House built of cinder blocks. The cinder blocks reprsenting the Atoms. Now remove the atoms (cinder blocks) one at a time... until you no longer have a descernable House.

Gamma Radiation Sources aka Radioactive Isotopes (ie Cesium, Uranium, Cobalt 60 etc) Rays are used in Field Radiographer such as PipeLine Weld inspections do not need an external power source to generate or *give off* radiation.

Xrays are created from a Tube or similair device attached to a Power source ie Dental or Medical Xrays.

....In reference to my earlier post (insert witty disclaimer here), there are few descrepancies/caveats. Mainly due to the complexity of the subject...
Of note:
Xrays can in fact be viewed as proven by Tesla and Roentgen... but, due to the hazards involved (re Ionizing Radiation), it is a forgotten fact.
Heat is a by- product...ya start getting all them Atoms excited and they start shucking and jiving boucing into one another... ya generate heat. Kinda like going to a Rave

... Yea... sorta kinda... Radiation Waves.... different frequencies, with resultant different Penetrating capabilities.
Alpha Rays (ie sunlight) easily blocked..... Gamma Rays... not so easily blocked. But all this depends on the purpose and application.
Radio waves .... easily HEARD but not visible....Well, Ya cant *see* the waves but you can *measure* them......etc etc etc

But theyre all *waves* .....right???
 ibechuck

Posted: 5/22/2008 4:10:06 PM
Well that was fun.... A very nice blend of Fact and Fantasy... I especially enjoyed reading about the Terminal ABL System.
Im tempted to note some of the High Points.... oh what the hell... I left work early cuz it was slow and its raining outside, so Im dont feel like going for a ride.

Gamma Radiation and X-Ray Radiation are one and the same.. the only difference is how they produced.

1) Gamma Radiation is created from a Natural Source.. X-Rays are created from a Man Made device. Thus One cannot *convert* Gamma to Xray or vice versa. One is no more *Lethal* than the other... The Lethality comes from the Dosage.

2) Scatter Radiation is about velocity...not Temp.

3) Radiation can NEVER be *viewed* By definition, the wave lengths exist in a whole separate band width.... ie invisible.

4) Ok so Now theyre converting Light waves to Radio Waves... Uhhhh Huh. Must be due to the Mysterious specialty Properties of the *Plasma Energy* ie Cross Spectrum Pollinization perhaps???

Sooo following their line of thinking:
TheoreticallyI could be able to not only Feel the suns Rays... I should be able to HEAR the suns rays as they strike my skin.
.... Far Out... it could had a whole dimension to my 70's LSD FlashBacks
 ibechuck

Buying a bike.
Posted: 5/22/2008 3:01:39 PM
If you havent already:
First and Foremost is to take a Motorcycle Safety Riders Course. I dont know if they have them in Canada. But in the US, all you do is Pay, show up wearing the Proper attire, take the instruction, They provide the Bike and in some cases Helmuts. Usually a 2-day affair with Classroom and Practical Skills training. It is by no means the *End All*, but will give you the proper tools to start out with.

Other than that all I can add to what the others have said is:
Get something that you can plant your feet flat on the ground while astride.
Get something with enough Power to Get yerself OUT of trouble.... perferably something in the 500 cc range for street riding.
 ibechuck

Describe Crazy Ex-Girlfriend...
Posted: 5/14/2008 5:52:30 PM
Hmmm.... well just to start things off:
Hows about Pick a Fight with me...
Then kick me out of the house...
Then, as Im walking out the Door, Tell me if I leave dont ever come back...
WTF.....!?!?
 ibechuck
Msg: 34 (view)

Car chat
Posted: 5/5/2008 8:40:09 PM
Heres a question for ya Top Gear :
If the Exhaust manifold, Waste Gate and Down pipes are Ceramic coated ... on an engine with Aluminum Heads and a Turbo does it increase the Engine Temps or does it reduce them??
Im not sure how the Thermo dynamic priciples apply here...
 ibechuck
Msg: 14 (view)

I Can't Open My Door!
Posted: 5/1/2008 9:03:42 PM
yeesh I might have to print that one out, chuck. lol If I try that and it works, do you think I can trust that doorknob again, or should I just get a new one?

I think by faceplate you mean the thing that sits up on the door that you screw into the door....right? And I think by actuator rod you mean the thing that sticks out of the handle and goes through the door and fits into the other piece of the knob...right? English please....you might as well be talking about biothermonuclear products.....

Well im guessing that by the time you read this yer problem is solved

for the record;

1) Face Plate= the decorative piece of metal that covers up the inner workings of the lock...or Knob...or Handle... usually held in place be 2 screws.

2) Actuator Rod= the bar shaped piece of metal BEHIND the face plate that makes the Bolt pop out. Its the part that makes the Door Knob or Bolt Latch work.

.... BiothermoNuclear products is my Day job..... Ok, just kidding, but not by much!
.... I'd of done it for a Guinness and 6 oz Top Sirloin. Or rather I'd of shown YOU how to fix it YERself
 ibechuck
Msg: 7 (view)

I Can't Open My Door!
Posted: 4/30/2008 8:02:04 PM
If you locked in then its easy...
Unscrew the bolts...
remove the face plate and actuator rod..
Insert a flat tip screwdriver into the hole in the lock rod (you'll see it when you pull the face plat) and turn counterclockwise... The Bolt should retract enough to open the door...
If not the Lock plate on the door sill (the part the bolt goes into in the door sill)
is prolly loose... and hanging up on the bolt.
If thats the case then, as you turn the screwdriver... slide another screwdriver or butter knife bewteen the jamb and the door to depress the lock plate...
Door should open at this point.

Reassmeble in reverse order... and make SURE the lock plate is securly screwed into the door jamb.
 ibechuck
Msg: 113 (view)

Remember when you were a man????
Posted: 4/28/2008 6:59:41 PM
Emasculated!?!?!? Au Contraire...More of a Status Symbol I should think. I rather enjoy the idea of having a Chauffer, Im just trying to figure out a way I can ride in the Back without getting B**ch Slapped!!
 ibechuck
Msg: 9 (view)

have you reached your peek?
Posted: 4/25/2008 3:34:54 PM
Im thinking I wont KNOW when Ive reached my Peak until Ive past it!!
To me, this seems to be one of those questions that cant really be answered except in Hindsight.
But being the perpetual Optimist that I am and with the advances in modern medicine/technology (current and yet to be discovered) I could reach my Peak in another 30 yrs.... But I doubt it
 ibechuck

Most original date you have been on?
Posted: 4/20/2008 9:07:54 PM
WeeeeeLLLL... Took a gal to the local Pick -a -Part salvage yard... As she wasnt wearing close toe shoes, they didnt allow her in.
Since we drove 45 miles to get there, she grasciously told me to go ahead and get what I needed and she would wait. Unfortunately, things didnt go as planned and it ended up taking me about and hour to pull the part I needed.
...Overall, She actually got a kick out of it... she'd never been taken to the junk yard on a Date before.
 ibechuck

Do guys just collect phone numbers?
Posted: 4/20/2008 1:32:38 PM
I know a couple of gals from work that go out partying... then compare their Cell Phones the next day to see who has the most numbers saved from their Girls Nite Out...then they just delete them... Losser buys the next round of drinks.
 ibechuck
Msg: 10 (view)

Promiscuity ~~ Pros and Cons
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:45:38 PM
ParrotHead,
Serial Monogomy......I have not heard this description before!
Looking around me, seems that most of the *unmarried* people I know practice this, myself included.
 ibechuck

Changing First Name
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:07:00 PM
Legally no big deal, at least in the US... Go to the Courthouse fill out the form... done deal.
As for *Dealing with them*...Im thinking its Your Name.. whats to *deal* with?? Guess I just dont understand why you would be concerned what anyone else would have to say about YOUR name.
 ibechuck

Posted: 4/17/2008 5:49:35 PM
Drought...hmmm... Ive often wondered about the Drought Issue. And we always hear about that that we are in a 10, 20, 40, 50 year droughts etc etc... But the one thing that noone seems to be able to pin down is How exactly do They determine that we are no longer IN a Drought. There doesnt seem to be any hard and fast rules as to *The Drought is Over*.
For example: what 3 years ago we had record breaking rain fall.. the Reservoirs were back to capacity etc...yet they said we were still *in a Drought*.

At any rate...would I move? No... Im pretty much locked in down here. To many other things will keep me in the desert.

As for the PAC NW, I moved here from there... And they have issues that fall under the opposite end of the Spectrum... They dont Tan up there...they Rust!!!
They go two weeks without rainfall, then THEY start talking Drought. With all that water comes floods... without all that water comes Fire Hazards. I remember when I first moved up there, the clouds rolled in about late Oct.... And I didnt even SEE the sun till APRIL...!! So I guess all things are relative.

Global Warming is a contentious issue... and its not like anyone in our lifetime will really be able to DO anything about it that we will be able to see. So for my part... although I do miss the PAC NW, and wouldnt mind having a Summer residence there, Ive resigned myself to deal with the AZ Drought such as it is... and hopefully one of these days in can fix the A/C in the Grocery Getter so that my Ice Cream wont melt by the time I get home.
 ibechuck

Posted: 4/16/2008 8:39:20 PM
It is IMO Ze Gud Governor is PRECISELY why we are suffering from the Commiefornian Invaision. Those that can AFFORD to bail out ...are, thus causing our current Woes.... well that and the Unregistered Immigrants, but that would be a Topic for a whole other Thread.
 ibechuck
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 4/16/2008 7:53:51 PM

1) "Yes, but it's a DRY heat. Discuss."

... in fact I do have a few *sidewalk* recipes.

2) "Phoenix - the next L.A.? Why, or why not?"

...You mean to say that it ISNT the next LA??
Due to all the Commiefornia influence... I bascially priced right out of the Housing Market.

3) "Air quality - is it really important to those of us without asthma?"

..Also due in a large part to the Commiefornia influence.

4) "Applying sunscreen to your date - should you ask first?"

In my experience it is advisable to ask First... but then that was also My experience when on the Commiefornia beaches as well.

5) "Global warming means AZ will turn into the Sahara. Would you move, or invest in camels?"

Highly unlikely... least wise not until all the commiefornians moving into AZ learn that Swimming Pools and a Grassy Lawns are NOT indigenious to the desert, which as we Desert Dwellers already know, adds to the Humidity Content., compounding the #3 issues. Camels were tried in the late 1800's... but the temperment was so irascible that you'd think they were from Commiefornia.
 ibechuck

The Art of Being Sexy
Posted: 4/11/2008 11:54:42 AM
Heh heh heh.... good one!
 ibechuck

Anyone else notice?
Posted: 4/11/2008 11:09:49 AM
....Lets not forgot the Oh so attractive Arm Pit Shot..!!
 ibechuck

Your Primary Profile Photo
Posted: 4/11/2008 11:05:05 AM
....Mine is NOT there cuz Im really really really ugly.
 ibechuck
Msg: 29 (view)

What song are you?
Posted: 4/11/2008 9:04:01 AM
Today:....Im feeling like a bit of *When Worlds Collide*
 ibechuck
Msg: 79 (view)

Biting my Tongue to avoid conflict.
Posted: 4/10/2008 5:56:03 PM

morphed into a blowhard in a circlejerk of pomposity

I gotta remember that one..!
Seems to be a LOT of threads that do that around here....
 ibechuck
Msg: 32 (view)

Car chat
Posted: 4/10/2008 5:47:40 PM
First Falcon and TopGear,
DoH...My Bad... I get so wrapped up in the DIY aspect of DIY that many times I overlook the obvious...!
The fact that most of my vehicules are not exactly abundant to begin with, I have a tendency to look elsewhere for parts.
Good Call Fellas...

On a side note...We really really really our OWN Car Forum here!!
 ibechuck
Msg: 1810 (view)

gun control in the usa
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:07:27 PM
I see......well, that certainly was an intelligent response.
stupid slogan??
 ibechuck
Msg: 1807 (view)

gun control in the usa
Posted: 4/9/2008 6:03:57 PM
Dangerous piece of Equipment???
One look around my garage will show a Hell of a lot more *Dangerous Equipment* in common everyday usage causing much more damage on average than any Gun does.
Wheres the Laws, Regulation and Mandatory training on those??

As for the NRA...
They are nothing BUT a loud and vocal Proponent of Training and Safe Firearms Handling skills.... They have pages on pages in their Magazines DEVOTED to Class's and Instruction.... Everything from Military/Law Enforcement down to Beginners/Childrens Class's.
Back in the Good old days they actively taught in the Public School systems as well as the 4H and Boy Scouts programs to name a few, But, thanks to the hand wringing *Do Gooder Liberals* blaming the TOOL instead of the Person, the pendulum has made a full swing in the opposite direction.
 ibechuck
Msg: 26 (view)

Car chat
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:36:27 AM

Drove all the way back home 20 miles at a much lower speed, and to the repair shop the next day. Tire never broke away from the rim.

Im assuming there was something wrong with the spare.

Some tires are rated as *Run Flats* which are designed to be driven when flat. But most tires arent. You do realise that you can cause other damage doing that?
 ibechuck

ok, I was seeing this woman for nearly two years, NOW
Posted: 4/8/2008 8:02:49 PM
OP,
Opened your Eyes...WTF!?!?...... And this didnt:
"a ballistic alcoholic, an ego maniac, and extremely selfish..."

Dude...sounds like all y'all were made for each other.
 ibechuck

What Ever Happen To The FastLane On The HIGHWAY!
Posted: 4/8/2008 7:09:34 PM
you're lucky you don't live in Florida during the winter months....

....or in Arizona. Come to think on it... most of the wrong lane drivers have British Columbia Plates...!!
 ibechuck

ok, I was seeing this woman for nearly two years, NOW
Posted: 4/8/2008 7:06:48 PM
Op,
......Its just you.
 ibechuck
Msg: 23 (view)

Car chat
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:48:38 PM
Cant help for your specific case, but there are a couple companies that focus on rebuilding certain types of Electronic components. For example ECU's ...
My understanding is that the 3.8 Buick is fairly common. Best bet would be to get your part number do a Google Search or check Ebay and see whats out there.

If your handy with a soldering iron you may be able to rebuild it yerself. Hell, wouldnt hurt to open it up and take a looksee. Could be something as simple as a bad solder joint... Worth a shot anyway.

You'd be surprised at how simple some of these fixes are.
I might have some links in my files that may be of some help... PM if your interested.
 ibechuck

Bawdy Toasts
Posted: 4/7/2008 8:13:22 PM
Only one I have is:
To Us and those like Us... F@#k the all rest.
 ibechuck

Are all men Co-Dependent???
Posted: 4/7/2008 8:11:27 PM
Co-dependant????
Nope, Not I...
 ibechuck

Motorbikes...why do you like and what do you like?
Posted: 4/7/2008 7:43:44 PM
Op,
I ride cuz its safer than sex...
Just Kidding (or am I???)

I ride for ALL the reason you listed...And then some! My longest ride was from Washington State to Az and back again.
Got my bike in '93 and havent looked back since. Not all of it has been pleasant to say the least...Met and Hung out with some excellent people...and a few scumbags... done things I'd never thought I'd ever do...But it has been one HELL of an experience and it really has changed my perspective of Life and the world in General. Made me realize what REALLY matters in the Big Picture.
I wouldnt trade it for anything...
 ibechuck

Crazy girl? or just young
Posted: 4/7/2008 7:29:40 PM
I got married 4 times in a day...... on the playground.
on edit: Sorry man...my post was meant for another Thread..DOH..!!
 ibechuck

Men that do not use IM, msn, yahoo etc
Posted: 4/7/2008 7:07:30 PM
Op,
I don us it cuz I tpe lik crap....vry tidus tryn tu cary on a convoshun...
 ibechuck

Oh the Irony of Speed Dating
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:59:10 PM
Well...if they had a Happy Hour Special on Pitchers of Beer I can almost garantee it would be Sold Out for the men as well..
 ibechuck
Msg: 21 (view)

Car chat
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:48:07 PM
Dent Removal, Paintless, Here are some DIY options:
Dry Ice Method.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/820799/secret_paintless_dent_removal_technique_easy_and_cheap/

Another technique, Special Tools available various sources :
http://www.mmtraining.com/

More reading on PDR (Paintless Dent Removal)
http://ezinearticles.com/?Paintless-Dent-Repair:-Myths-and-Facts-About-Car-Dent-Repair-and-Insurance&id=331896
 ibechuck
Msg: 19 (view)

stuff shes done i havent
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:13:32 PM

Or better yet....drop her into doggie style and have her face the computer monitor....just as she starts really getting into it, move the mouse to bring the screen to life so she can see your profile on here. Haha...I bet you'll really experience something different then.

Op,
Heh heh heh...this got me thinking..
Betcha she never had this done before:
Think Doggie style...
Just after insertion...
Grab a handful of hair...
Then lovingly lean over and whisper in her ear...
*This is Nice....But your Sister was better...*

...Then see if you can hangon for 8 secs.
 ibechuck
Msg: 8 (view)

what is preception?
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:01:34 PM

Perception is the representation of what is perceived; basic component in the formation of a concept:
For instance NOT trying to offend but when I first read ibechuck's name what I saw was ibeupchuck...2 totally diverse perceptions...

Heh heh heh....
 ibechuck
Msg: 12 (view)

Vanilla v.s Kink/Fetish
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:00:09 PM

I understand all that BDSM and kinky sexual stuff, but what on Earth does an "alternative lifestyle" really entail?

...I'd hazard a guess that it doesnt include *The Cleavers*
but nowadays Im thinking...THAT would be an Alternative Lifestyle
 ibechuck

Men - Did an ex cheat on you?
Posted: 4/6/2008 9:27:19 PM
Yep.... ^^^^ +1 Flip..
 ibechuck

Men - Did an ex cheat on you?
Posted: 4/6/2008 9:08:39 PM
With every wound comes a Scar...
Scars eventually heal...
But they still leave a Mark...
How we deal with the Mark is dependant on the individual...
There isnt a Paint brush big enough to cover all the possible options/solutions in one stroke...
You have to decide if He is worth the effort to continue.
 ibechuck
Msg: 11 (view)

do men ever get scared after sex ?
Posted: 4/6/2008 8:56:06 PM
Op,
Well I wouldnt say it as cut/dried as some have posted and I can only relate from my past experience. But, My previous 2 relationships (8yrs and 3 yrs respectively).... started out as one nite stands and grew from there. Perhaps not the *usual* but really...... who can say what will or wont happen.
just my worthless $0.02...

Show ALL Forums