Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Waiting on Sex
 BowHunter216
Msg: 91 (view)

Waiting on Sex
Posted: 6/16/2012 12:23:08 PM
Relationships are all about communications - so if the topic of sex comes up , don't run from it, but discuss your preferences up front and be honest. The guy can either accept your preference or go in another direction. His loss, not yours. Bow Hunter
 BowHunter216
Msg: 277 (view)

Shaving
Posted: 12/24/2011 7:08:00 AM
It's been my experience that most women are eager to please their bf and accommodating most reasonable requests. Since you stated your preference for her to shave her pubic hair and she refuses, let it go and forget it. Do not keep harping on it or use sex as a weapon against her. I kind of equate it to the woman who wrote in and was upset because her bf refuses and says it's disgusting after she gives him a bj. That sounds like a compatibility issue and could be a deal breaker whereas pubic shaving is insignificant in the overall scheme of things. BOW HUNTER
 BowHunter216
Msg: 84 (view)

A Thank you after sex? Women chime in/ men: experience?
Posted: 12/14/2011 5:03:10 AM
PERSONALLY, I think it was a nice gesture on her part to thank you for the entire evening including the good sex. I had a similar experience happen to me. She thanked me for the enjoyable evening, when I got home there was a message from her in my voicemail telling me again how much she enjoyed the evening and that there will be plenty more like it. It made me try even harder to please her on subsequent dates and sex. A truly win win situation. You need to lighten up and learn how to enjoy compliments. Bow Hunter
 BowHunter216
Msg: 72 (view)

Will you still love me tomorrow?
Posted: 11/20/2011 6:18:47 AM
HEY GIRL, I like your openness and honesty. Nothing wrong in knowing what you want. Sounds like you want to keep your sex life fun fresh and exciting. after a 30 year marriage to a religious woman.and plain vanilla sex, I wanted more experimenting,. we divorced. I put all the blame on me because I never communicated my desires to her for fear she would think I was a pervert. Had I communicated my desires to her who knows she may have wanted the same, my loss. Lesson learned. I am now up front with this issue and ask what I cando to make it more pleasurable for her, thus providing her the opportunity to launch into a decussion.. Bow
 BowHunter216
Msg: 75 (view)

honest feedback about sex within the first couple dates
Posted: 11/20/2011 6:04:52 AM
So KITTEN, tell us what you decided to do after all these responses and why you feel it's the right decision. BOW Hunter
 BowHunter216
Msg: 24 (view)

the vicious cycle of online dating.
Posted: 9/21/2011 4:55:25 AM
I think it was the late RODNEY DANGERFIELD who said, "it's a jungle out there " - how true.

You need to be realistic in your expectations and probably will be more successful if you stay within your league. It's unlikely the average guy will have a chance to date a centerfold, so why put yourself through that misery. Look for an average person who is smart, good sense of humor, shares common values and interests, your chances will be better. Be patient and keep swinging at the ball until you hit it out of the park.
 bowhunter216
Msg: 141 (view)

what is the deal with lesbians?
Posted: 9/18/2011 7:18:45 AM
I say live and let live as long as it's consensual. It's a turn on to watch two women go after each other. As some have said the reasons are many: trendy, gay, forbidden fruit, satisfy emotional needs, like the softness, smell, touch of another woman, may enhance relationship with bf, or why limit your sexual pleasure to only half of the population (men), etc. Within the past few years many girls now shave their pubic hair. and it has caught on which encourages more to do it. The same applies to gg encounters. Just accept it and go with the flow. If it tickles your fancy girls go for it!
 BowHunter216
Msg: 20 (view)

Family Fued Question
Posted: 9/15/2011 11:00:00 PM
It doesn't surprise me one bit that men and women answer that question differently, since we are very two different creatures in nearly all respects. I think the reported male answers are extreme, but could be rationalized under specific conditions. Yes, sex is very important in relationships, that' s what Mother Nature intended so we would populate our species. lol
 BowHunter216

men that just dont seem in to sex
Posted: 9/14/2011 7:13:53 AM
Some men may have a low sex drive/ libido. Why don't you try taking the initiative once in a while and see what happens. Seduce him, e.g., sit across the room with your legs parted and start playing with yourself, it works nearly every time Of course there could be a compatibility issue. When all else fails why not ask him. Tell him what you need. I had a girlfriend who would call in-between our dates and ask if I would like some company and when she got to my place would take my hand and we headed to the bedroom to show me her new purchases. That was great - wish more girls would do it.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 22 (view)

What makes you wanna call a women?
Posted: 9/14/2011 6:46:37 AM
When I sense / see positive movement in our dating and it's moving in the direction I hope it would, you better bet that I will keep on calling for more dates. If the girl calls first taking the initiative, I LIKE THAT. It takes some of the pressure off - fear of rejection. This playing hard to get SUCKS BIG TIME. Don't play head games, be honest and straight forward.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 25 (view)

What you think about kissing on the second date?
Posted: 9/14/2011 6:39:40 AM
Pink, you are funny. If the attraction and chemistry are there, a kiss on the first date is nice regardless who takes the initiative. It let's the guy know that you would be open for a second one and you really enjoyed yourself - no mixed messages. I would suggest saving the cuddling until later which indicates you are ready to take things to the next level.
 bowhunter216
Msg: 424 (view)

How do you feel about interacial dating?
Posted: 9/13/2011 6:09:29 AM
It's not for me to tell people who to fall in love and marry, that's an individual decision. NOT BEING PC, I WILL Give you my take. INTERRACIAL dating and marriage is definitely not for me. At best marriage is a 50/50 proposition - that is, half end in divorce. Why add other factors to the equation and lesson your chances? The cultural divide is so great that finding common ground will present a challenge. It's usually best to stay within your racial or ethnic group to minimize the differences. Those marrying outside their racial group quite often find friends and family less accepting which brings added stress to the relationship.Times are changing so down the road maybe these differences will be less of a problem.
 bowhunter216
Msg: 64 (view)

Guys would you act like this?
Posted: 9/12/2011 11:55:05 AM
He appears to want only the physical side of your relationship, and not having both the emotional as well as physical. You both are being short changed. You need to explain to him that you want and need the emotional part in order to have a loving relationship. He appears to be selfish and content in using you for just sex. Time to move on and find another who fulfills your needs since you two are incompatible.
 bowhunter216
Msg: 37 (view)

Religion and Dating
Posted: 9/12/2011 10:05:03 AM
RUN DON'T WALK TO THE NEAREST EXIT. Sadly I speak from experience, a relationship between a religious zealot like you described will no work since these folks are completely consumed and have no room for anyone else in their life. Most will try to convert you to their religious views. I dated for a short while a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN, who felt she was holier than thou and kept quoting scriptures and mentioned how she always listens to religious radio programs, before learning about this, I made the mistake of inviting her to a family party where unknown to me she handed out religious brochures. I had to tell her to stop. It was a shame because we enjoyed going fishing together. I also loaned her $300 which she never paid back. I found out later that she coned her church into buying her a new car - what a good con artist. Wished I could have gotten her out of my life sooner - another painful lesson learned. You two are completely incompatible, so end it now, otherwise you will be in for a lot of drama and pain.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 15 (view)

how long do I wait?
Posted: 9/12/2011 9:08:27 AM
I would give him no more than 10-15 days, in case he is on travel before you put yourself back into circulation and go fishing again. His silence speaks volumns. There is nothing wrong in calling him rather than texting, you learn more. It appears he may be playing you, since he doesn't call back. Three days of dating is hardly enough time to agree to an exclusive relationship. You both are rushing things, slow down and catch your breath.
 bowhunter216
Msg: 5 (view)

Be up front or play by ear?
Posted: 9/11/2011 7:23:41 AM
It sounds to me that you have commitment phobia. I was involved with a girl that I really liked and thought she felt the same. As it turned out she was dating other guys at the same time and the closer we got. she was looking for the next guy, I assume fearing our relationship would end and she would be alone. I figured she was the type of gal who always had to have a man in her life to feel complete. In my case she was lining up my replacement. In talking with her years later,the facts bore out my suspicions even though she has never figured it out.

Now to answer your question. I believe in being open and honest. That is what dating is all about, learning as much about the other person as possible. During these exploratory discussions you can discuss this situation and any other issues. How your partner reacts/ responds to them will determine if your relationship has any future. I wouldn't just blurt this out wait until your discussions provide the opportunity - so set the stage for having your discussions. It's all in how you approach the topic. nothing wrong in expressing how you feel in being afraid of being hurt again and the scars it left which you are working on.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 113 (view)

Would you perform oral sex on your date at a walkin movie theatre?
Posted: 9/9/2011 3:29:42 PM
YEA, YEA, I have done that and what a great turn on. Had a couple of girlfriends give me head and I RETURNED THE FAVOR. It was thrilling, another couple watched the action and gave us a thumbs up approval. I love giving oral to women and see them light up with excitement when they come and have to muffle their moans and groans so as not to draw attention. A little bit of kinky sex keeps your sex life exciting and fresh. Highly recommend it. You girls should bring an extra pair of panties to change into later rather than go home dripping wet.Let your boyfriend help you put the dry pair on and hold onto the other pair until you get home.
 bowhunter216
Msg: 24 (view)

How long should a first meet last?
Posted: 9/6/2011 5:49:10 AM
FIRST DATES: plan for short date for 15-30 minutes for coffee or light lunch and depending how it goes take longer like a walk afterwards. I have had somefirst meets go for 4-6 hours after I liked what I saw and heard. Go with the flow. Don't plan a multi-hour date.
 bowhunter216
Msg: 12 (view)

dating a guy who may have mental health issues?
Posted: 9/4/2011 11:09:44 AM
You are taking a real gamble dating this guy, I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE. my EX WIFE OF 30 YEARS WAS DIAGNOSED AS BI POLAR (MANIC DEPRESSION). She refused to continue with her meds and psycho therapy, which caused our divorce. There is no disgrace in having mental problems, the only disgrace is not seeking and continuing with your treatment. I would come home from work and never knew what to expect - she could be nice, comforting and loving one minute and combative, argumentive the next.. Briefly I couldn't deal withe the situation. Marriage is a fifty/fifty proposion when there are two healthy individuals involved , so you would be stacking the odds against you. It's totally your call, but think it through very carefully. If you decide to continue with this guy, you will need to have a sit down talk with him (and possibly his doctor) about his condition and what he is doing to correct it. I would not gamble and go forward,CHERRIE Way to much at risk.

There's some real good news, CHERRIE, They have medication which taken in the right dosages will level out the wild mood swings and where the person can lead a normal life. You have to be sure he is taking his meds.
 BowHunter216

Guys, was it wrong of me to hold back sex
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:37:57 AM
WAY TO GO GIRL!

You absolutely did the right thing by withholding sex with this guy. Like you I DON'T TRUST HIM and feel he would be using you. I am real proud of you for holding your ground and not giving in. He doesn't sound like a dependable or trustworthy guy an you are better off without him in your life. It's always a good idea to follow your instincts. Better luck next time SUMMER. Thanks for sharing with us.: applause:
 BowHunter216
Msg: 6 (view)

when to give phone numbers
Posted: 9/1/2011 1:04:38 PM
I most definetly agree by giving her your phone number first.

You really need to talk on the phone before taking it to the next level and meeting and get better acquainted. If you can't trust her with your real name, address, and phone number then it's too soon to meet, if at all. I personally wouldn't want to meet someone I haven't talked with first - that's just me. It should help you better understand each other..
 BowHunter216
Msg: 16 (view)

Showing Interest
Posted: 9/1/2011 11:29:10 AM
SHOWING INTEREST: For me, if I don't see any positive movement or expressed interest by the third date, I figure she is just not into me so I move on without creating any drama. Three dates are enough time for her to give me some indication of her interest as whether we should continue dating.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 5 (view)

how can i still be friends...
Posted: 9/1/2011 10:42:09 AM
GOING BACK TO BE FRIENDS AGAIN: It is nearly impossible to go back to being just friends again, after being in an intimate long term relationship. So much depends on the reasons for the break up and how it played out. Too much baggage to deal with which keeps constantly getting in the way. It would be easier if there was a break of several months for each to move on and heal their wounds and to get over any lingering anger. It would be nice if the split was amicable, then the friendship prospects would be much easier.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 17 (view)

She went back to her ex boyfriend, Will it last?
Posted: 9/1/2011 6:25:02 AM
BEING USED TO MAKE BOYFRIEND JEALOUS: I think most of us have had this happen. The person you are dating (male or female) is dating you to make their former dating partner jealous. I had that happen twice and chalked it up to bad luck and a learning experience. That is look before you leap. If your dating partner just broke up ,chances are he/she just might get back together after all that time and energy they have invested. That is one of the pitfalls you need to be aware before getting too emotionally involved.

WILL IT LAST only if they are able to recognize and work through the problem(s) that initially broke them up in the first place, otherwise they are just bidding their time before breaking up again.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 118 (view)

Dating experience I would rather forget!
Posted: 9/1/2011 5:57:43 AM
I AM NOT GOING IN THERE! I met this really gorgeous girl at an open house............ I mean
this gal knew how to wear a tight sweater and leather mini. I thought I would try to “score some points with her” by inviting her two young boys to go target shooting with us on our first date. They had a ball and shot especially well which wasn’t hard with my super accurate .22 caliber rifle and novelty targets. I mean I was scoring major points, or so I thought. After finishing our target shooting, I took them up to our clubhouse to show them around. We got to the door and she asked me if there were any trophy mounts hanging on the wall. When I told her yes, she said that she wasn’t going in there since she didn’t approve of hunting and killing animals. I took
them home and she invited me in for a drink and some more conversation. Just then the phone rings and it was her exhusband. For the next 10 minutes while I sat beside her she told her ex all about our date while I was sitting next to her. Goodbye, I said and out the door I went never to see her again.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 21 (view)

who contacts whom first??
Posted: 8/31/2011 11:56:08 AM
Times have changed and it's perfectly acceptable for a woman to take the first step in the dating scene. It's okay for a woman to ask a guy out for a date, offer to drive, initiate sex, or what ever in this day of equality. I think it's long over due and takes some of the pressure off the guy. I know not everyone will agree but inmho I like it. You go GIRL. BOW
 BowHunter216
Msg: 560 (view)

How to tell a woman to start paying for part of the date
Posted: 8/31/2011 11:31:54 AM
I can easily relate to what you are talking about. I was with this one woman - our 18th date and prior to that I paid for everything. This time the luncheon bill came and she offered to pay with her credit card and I GRACIOUSLY THANKED HER. She got this funny look on her face and said, you aren't really going to make me pay are you? I SAID YES AND THEN AGAIN THANKED HER. That triggered off quite a discussion which I was glad to have. I told her I was brought up to always pay my way and never to take advantage of anyone and when someone does something in return to be appreciative and reciprocate.

It turned out that the woman wanted us to get married so I could support her and she could quit her teaching job. So much for love. I believe that after 2 or three dates, the woman should offer to pay. It doesn't have to be in equal dollar amounts, it could be coming over to her place to her place to grill hamburgers out or something that simple. The key point is to reciprocate in some manner and recognize that dating is not cheap and costs should be shared.

Women today hold very responsible jobs and can command good salaries - so why not help out. It makes me feel good and like I am not being used to pay for someone's good times. I think more women are coming around to this point as I had a woman take me out for a picnic lunch which she prepared and pay for the theater tickets which she ordered in advance. What at nice gesture and one greatly appreciated. I didn't ask her to do it, she just took the imitative and did the right thing.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 13 (view)

Should I tell him how I really feel?
Posted: 8/31/2011 6:45:24 AM
I believe in being up front , honest and candid in your private communications. So BE HONEST. I would ask him how he feels about you and your relationship, secondly, where he sees the rationsiphip going , thirdly what he would like to see happen. Then you can either agree or not. No mind games. Good luck.
 BowHunter216
Msg: 263 (view)

Double standard on Oral?
Posted: 8/29/2011 7:48:08 AM
I would kick the ungtateful **stard to the curb if he won't reciprocate. These guys only think of themselves. I LOVE GOING DOWN ON WOMEN AND SEEINg/FEELING THEIR RESPONSES, IT GIVES ME A LOT OF SATISFACTION TO GIVE HER PLEASURE. hERE'S MY TAKE ON INTIMACY:
When it comes to sex and intimacy, it’s an equally shared responsibility to keep
their relationship fresh, exciting, and loving. All I ask of my partner is to leave her inhibitions on the shelf, be communicative, open, the initiator at times, willing to try new things, and recognizethere is nothing she can say nor do that will offend me when it comes to sex. With that said, I believe in romance, seduction, playfulness, and sometimes sheer animal lust when it comes to making love............. and it starts the moment I meet her at the door to take her out for the evening with a lot of visual and verbal foreplay WELL BEFORE we hit the bedroom or where ever wemake love that night and ends well after the “act” itself. Her satisfaction and gaining her trust is of
utmost importance to me and I will do almost anything to insure that......... whether it’s acting out fantasies, role play, or whatever. Her pleasure comes first and I need her feedback as to how I can make it more enjoyable and exciting for her. Very simply put, if I can make her happy ,it will please me too. I could not imagine saying no to anything she might request whether in role play, acting out her fantasies or anything. Just be honest and don’t hold back, I feel I can always improve if you will help me and tell me what pleases you. Intimacy / sex can be one of life’s
greatest pleasures if done for the right reasons. bow Hunter

Show ALL Forums