Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: guitar - computer question
 chrisrz1012
Msg: 7 (view)

guitar - computer question
Posted: 7/15/2011 5:21:52 PM
Yea when I sit in somewhere I usually use my Line 6 POD Pro xt and a power amp. I actually got more sounds ( Amps, Cabs ,and Effx) online from there site for the Pod. Try them out but make sure you take out the cab simulater when using through an amp and cab. But for computer use and online they are very good.
 chrisrz1012
Msg: 36 (view)

Best Guitar Still...or the one that got away.
Posted: 7/15/2011 5:11:30 PM
I would say for ones getting away . I would say my early 90's Tom Anderson Pro-am or my first San Dimas Charvel. I had a 63 Strat and 68 Les Paul custom that I don't miss either.
As for new ones : Charvels are pretty good right now ( bought a San Dimas Charvel very impressed) or a Buddy Blaze . There is a guy making American made Kramer styles that is very good as well. I would say the shocking would be PRS -I had a few from the 90's don't miss them either but the new ones are very poor. I see why price drops very bad on the used market.
 chrisrz1012
Msg: 33 (view)

most Underated band?
Posted: 7/15/2011 4:57:43 PM
Here are some underrated bands:
Badlands: Jake E. Lee with Eric Singer on drums . They was very 70's metal with a blues side. Very good too.
Giant- That first album is still mentioned as a influence on guitarplayers. Dan Huff could tell you what you played note wise then play it.
Anthrax- Should be as famous as Metallica. They both where was on the same demo album and toured during that time.
Deep Purple- How many times you go to a music store and you here someone playing " Smoke on the water"? Do you hear anyone else?
 chrisrz1012
Msg: 2513 (view)

The guitar player's thread
Posted: 7/15/2011 4:44:27 PM
Ah the music question:
Amps - I'm right now playing through 6 amps for my sounds ( 2 on all the time). Having owned and played through almost everything. I got 2 Peavey 5150's ( block and signature) and ValveKing( cleans only) on one side. The other side has 2 Marshall JPM's and a XXX for sounds.
Guitars: Charvel (model series ( 2-4) and San Dimas) Kramer American ( Pacers,Sustainers, and etc) Jackson DK series plus a Les Paul or 2 .
Effects: Eventide H-3000 , Digitech TSR series ( very good and underrated) & 256 xl ( great for a 5150),and a Japanese made Boss SD-1.
 chrisrz1012
Msg: 54 (view)

Randy Rhoades or Eddie Van Halen????
Posted: 7/15/2011 4:31:12 PM
Okay having grown up in the 70's and being a player. Here's my what opinion is. Eddie is very good ( DLR-era) if it wasn't for VH coming out we still would have disco around. I remember when they came out and was shocked Eddie changed music during that time in his playing and equipment. I also remember when Randy came out as well. I was floored on what he did. Randy was more classically trained and more techincal then Eddie. Eddie changed rock and metal but Randy took both to a new direction.
 chrisrz1012
Msg: 9 (view)

Favorite guitar duo
Posted: 7/15/2011 4:16:36 PM
Dam thats a hard one . Tipton and Downing are very good. So is Freidman ( with either Mustaine or Becker). Hammitt and Hetfield are very good too ( But Having met them with Lars I was upset). But having met them both on tour ( Demartini and Cavazo) when they were was very good and underrated. You could also say the same with Skynyrd too ( Metlocke, Rossington, and Thomasson) was very underrated. But for players Doug Aldrich or Jake E. Lee are very overlooked.
 chrisrz1012
Msg: 5 (view)

Eurometal/hardrock/metal in general
Posted: 7/15/2011 3:59:49 PM
Yep huge Metal here as well. I either played / listened to alot of metal bands. I play guitar as well so I sit in a few locals bands awell. Listening to and playing in bands is totally different from each other. Influences as for players /bands too many thats including famous friends in bands.

Show ALL Forums