Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Should women show cleavage on first date
 poetrixxy
Msg: 63 (view)

Should women show cleavage on first date
Posted: 3/25/2007 12:22:28 PM
My general rule of first date clothing choice is

1) would I wear this to lunch with my mother,my grandmother?

2) would I wear this to a job interview?

3) would I wear this to church ( or synagogue as the case may be)

why?

reason 1 I really don't like to sell sex on a first date, much like when I go out with my mom I don't want to sell sex, reason 2 first dates are a interview with****ails ( I believe that line is from Sex and the City) and should be treated as such reason 3 well this is pretty much the same as reason one, also you don't usually want to come off as easy, we judge with our eyes first, if you saw a guy walk up with pants so tight you could see his prostate you'd probably be put off, keep it classy ladies!
 poetrixxy
Msg: 98 (view)

Does your Horoscope sign really matter?
Posted: 3/25/2007 12:13:37 PM
there is a massive differences between astrology based on your birthdate and the newspaper horoscope. I always look up someone's sign when I find out their birthday, and I'll stop believing that it matters when Gemini ( for example) stop being exactly how books say they are, and I am no longer a textbook scorpio. But I don't read the stuff in the newspaper it's vague, and usually done by someone that is blowing smoke up people's rear sections.
 poetrixxy
Msg: 30 (view)

TO TOUCH OR NOT TO TOUCH
Posted: 3/24/2007 7:44:48 PM
I dated a guy for a while with OCD and it sounds like he might have a touch of it ( actually to be fair we all do in varying levels, so people just get to the point that they are compulsive over everything,and can't lead a regular,healthy life) what is more telling is his tone, Yell at you once shame on him, yell at you twice shame on you! I say kick him to the curb, he is not your parent, and you are not a child, there is a tone that Adult should use with one another and he didn't use it Bye Bye Mr Angry! ( is it just me or does this guy remind anyone else of American Physco?)
 poetrixxy
Msg: 60 (view)

How many times do you think you've let mr/miss right pass you by?
Posted: 3/24/2007 4:09:57 PM
Just once and I'll say that it's the only thing in my life I regret, I am open to the idea of finding someone else that is my mr right ( or miss right you never do know) but I still believe he was the one at that point, who knows if he is now
 poetrixxy
Msg: 15 (view)

would you think this was a little over board?
Posted: 3/24/2007 2:08:29 PM
First off, congrats on quitting, it's one of the hardest addictions to quit because much like alcohol it's socially accepted to smoke, As far as telling her, I don't see the need to, Mostly make sure you are doing this for you, and not for her. No one should change themself for someone else's approval they should change for self approval. I don't think it's over board to quit smoking to make someone happy, as long as it's what you want for you, and not because you think you can't find someone that likes you for you.
 poetrixxy
Msg: 536 (view)

can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 3/12/2007 11:45:58 AM
It's funny how people are close minded if they choose to live a good civil life and not use illegal substances... that out of the way I refuse to be around pot smokers, I don't care how much use it is, one joint is one joint too many. I find it sad the way it's been glamorized in our society, and how people my age play into that, I wonder if they worry about their futures, also it makes me wonder if you are above that law what other laws are you above? I don't hang with criminals either so thanks but no thanks. The arguement that it's " to each their own" is all fine and dandy but it's still againist the law, if you're caught with it you'll get into trouble, I don't want that drama in my life. I also seems to me if you need pot to have fun or relax you are a boring sad individual and again I don't want you in my life. Your only as a good as the company you keep, and I try to keep good company sorry Bongy Mcpothead I don't want you around me, and believe me it's your loss.

* let me note this while I think of it I also feel the same about excessive drinking, and smoking cigar(ettes) and any other drug but the forum's about pot so that's what I talked about*
 poetrixxy
Msg: 19 (view)

Did she show her true colors?
Posted: 3/11/2007 12:14:35 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what exactly she did wrong, you gave her a gift, she used it, then you tried to make her feel guilty about it and she didn't. good for her.

You gave the gift to her, and since you are a grown-up ( I'm not sure about this one captain indian giver) you should know nothing is guaranteed, you ran the risk of her breaking up with you,as did she with you. It didn't work out for what ever reason, should she punish herself for a ended relationship? You gave her a gift card, that's how gift cards work, I'ts honorable that you say that you would NEVER ever use it, but maybe you'd feel differently if she had given you a gift?

I have to play the Dr Phil role and suggest that the card is symptom of your feelings, and not the actual feelings you aren't actually mad that after 6 years she got 50 dollars are you? you're probably more frustrated that after six years, it didn't work out. And worse yet she's living her life, using giftcards you gave her.

to repeat what others have said a gift is a gift. someone that's mooching off of you doesn't sit around idly for 6 years then take a advantage of you for a small amount of money on a gift card.

let it go, move on at least she didn't steal your car or something that's actually worth being all "woe is me" over.
 poetrixxy
Msg: 49 (view)

Partners who hate your pets
Posted: 3/1/2007 4:20:27 PM
this goes under the catergory * oooh a delicious pun* of if people showed all their cards in the beginning there'd be no problems, some people love animals, myself included and I respect that not everyone likes animals for whatever reason. If you have pets, be open to potential dates about them like you would a child or a smoking habit. If you don't like animals be up front about that. Don't expect people to change their socks let alone their lifestyle for you. Unforunately people have the habit of saying things are ok when they aren't.

I would never get rid of a pet for someone else,short of an allergy, just like I wouldn't give a kid away ( I don't have any) someone that wants to you change for them has control issues, and should be avoided.

poetrixxy
Msg: 28 (view)

Percentage of Datable People
Posted: 2/21/2007 10:22:59 AM
100 % of the single population is dateable, because everyone's standards are different. as far as who is ready for a relationship? I'd say 5% but that might even be a high number. I know I am probably not ready for one, for alot of reasons.
 poetrixxy
Msg: 13 (view)

Being hung up on
Posted: 2/19/2007 7:58:04 AM
I've been in similiar situations, both ends of it actually, here's how I handle it

1) don't expect anyone to become a slave to calling you,if his parents are in town he's perfectly right to not call same goes with a vacation, unless a man says he will call,don't expect it, and even when they do say don't expect, we women fall hard and fast for guys and that's not necessarily bad, but it can damn relationships we have to learn that we had a life before this man,and if he goes we'll have a life after him, just enjoy the company when he does call. I have made a habit of not calling someone more than once in a 3 day period without a response back, that way if he is busy he can settle it and get back to me, and I avoid looking clingy.

2) Talk about issues with s/o's in person, not on the phone. when you are in the same room as someone you can see what's around them, see their reactions ..etc. If can't do that, you aren't ready for a relationship. He probably shouldn't have hung up. But I understand why he did, he was trying to avoid an arguement would be my guess, which makes me think somewhere along the line he got the idea that when he says stop you say why? let's talk about this. You wouldn't like if you had family visiting or were in the middle of doing something ( packing a car/painting) and someone called and accused you of not caring about their feelings, which is what you seemed to do. remember when commucating with s/o's say how something makes you feel " it makes me feel like you don't care when you don't return my calls" not attack most people don't respond well to attacks..

anyway I'm done being Dr. Trix for today good luck with this, don't sweat the small stuff, he doesn't seem controlling, maybe a little rude, but that runs both ways in this situation.
 poetrixxy
Msg: 5 (view)

Cell Phones On a Date,Do You Really Need It?
Posted: 2/18/2007 1:45:46 PM
This is how I handle it, when on a date ( or out anywhere actually) I bring my phone with me, but you'd never know that unless I told you, because I leave it turned off and in my bag, I wouldn't leave my purse in my car, and I won't leave my cellphone in there either, ever had a piece of personal properity stolen ( purse,wallet,phone) it leaves you very uneasy, I bring it with me so that if something comes up I have a phone because they have but eliminated payphones where I live.

now on the other foot I don't believe in answering it during a date, or hanging out with friends, or while checking out at a store. and I won't deal with someone else doing that to me. I understand having it with you, but not using it..if that makes sense.

just my opinion on the matter.

Show ALL Forums