Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  
 
 Author Thread: How popular are one night stands, these days?
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 9 (view)
 
How popular are one night stands, these days?
Posted: 7/30/2007 7:31:57 PM
Ladies, I think y'all are being a little harsh on the guy. Y'all are acting as if girls NEVER do that kind of thing - well, if guys are participating in one night stands, then so are girls! These guys that are going out and getting laid in "hook-ups" are doing so with women, so for every guy out there that "scores", there's a girl too! This kind of stuff isn't unheard of, you know...
Tony

C'mon ladies, NONE of you would take a "one-night stand" with George Clooney, Mel Gibson, Brad Pitt, or whoever is the hunk-of-the-month nowadays?
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 14 (view)
 
Your Four Legged Kids Pet Names!
Posted: 7/27/2007 3:58:27 PM
I've got 2 dawgs - Molly(-Monster), my 10 1/2 year old English Springer Spaniel, and Dixie(-Bell), breed/age unknown.
I got Molly when a family up in N.C. just couldn't handle her anymore - she was SO hyper that their 2 daughters couldn't even go out in the yard with her - she'd knock them down and lick all over them (they were 3 and 5 yrs old). In fact, after taking her in, it was about 7 months before I EVER saw Molly lie down! If I was awake, she was UP!!! And all over me!! In the beginning, we also had some control issues - she thought SHE should be the leader of this pack, and of course, I thought otherwise. We eventually settled on a compromise...
Dixie got abandoned up near some vacation cabins in the mountains of N.C. When the family got divorced, they both just left her there at the trailer to fend for herself...A co-worker of a high-school friend of mine asked for help in placing her - and since I had been thinking of getting Molly a sister or brother - I took her in. She's really a sweet dog, very loving, like Molly. Except that she beat up on Teag's dog Ginger, and tried to eat Teag's cat, Oliver. Don't know what to do about that situation yet...but I'm sure it'll work out somehow or another...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 648 (view)
 
What song best describes your personality?
Posted: 7/27/2007 3:45:59 PM

"A Little Less Conversation" recorded by Elvis Presley
- Teag
Hmm, sounds to me like Teag is wanting "a little more action..."
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 22 (view)
 
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/26/2007 5:05:22 PM
I think some of you people probably also believe that o.j. simpson was innocent...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 20 (view)
 
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/26/2007 4:45:52 PM
Personally, I think michael vick is guilty as charged, and that he should go to prison for the maximum sentence (6 years, I believe), and never allowed to play in the NFL again.
Of course, what I'd really like to see is michael vick getting rubbed down with some bacon grease, then thrown in to a ring of about 12 starving Pit Bulls...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 19 (view)
 
Micheal Vick
Posted: 7/26/2007 4:39:20 PM
Hey! What do you mean, even the Cowboys?!?! You should ALWAYS root for the Cowboys!
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 3 (view)
 
This is for all the exceptional women!!!!
Posted: 7/25/2007 8:32:06 PM
Uh, Giggles, would you mind telling me what verse and chapter of the Bible this supposedly comes from? I'm not at all familiar with it...Thanks!
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 1886 (view)
 
Good Night Georgia, Any End Of The Day Thoughts?
Posted: 7/23/2007 7:47:00 PM

and had an awesome time with the folks I love the most dearly in the world.
- Teag
Hey! I was nowhere near Habersham County! You mean I'm not one of the folks you love most dearly in the world?!?! Pfffttt!
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 625 (view)
 
What song best describes your personality today?
Posted: 7/22/2007 8:41:44 PM

Monster Mash~Dr. Demento
- sneaks
Hmm, there's another version of this song? I only know of the one by Bobby "Boris" Pickett...
Tonh
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 104 (view)
 
Tell me what is an extreme turn off for you?? Men and women please respond!
Posted: 7/22/2007 8:36:52 PM
Hmmm...hadn't thought of that...maybe I'll quit wearing those kinds of outfits then!
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 102 (view)
 
Tell me what is an extreme turn off for you?? Men and women please respond!
Posted: 7/22/2007 5:41:39 PM

Turn off..... the way a guy just AS$umes your going to sleep with him on a first date because there is chemistry
- otoc
Yeah, I know what you mean, OTOC. I hate it when a woman thinks I'm going to put out on the first date. As if I'm some kind of slut...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 7 (view)
 
H/S..NCAA..NFL FOOTBALL..
Posted: 7/21/2007 8:42:02 PM
All I've got to say is, "Go Cowboys!" Woo-hoo!
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 21 (view)
 
Where do nice Atlanta women hang out?
Posted: 7/20/2007 3:36:58 PM

Now I know how a sertin certain pair got the name "Muffin Top Twins" You can tuck it in but you can't hide it!!!!!!!
- §wannee
ROTFLMAO!!!!
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 99 (view)
 
Why are you here and are they out there?
Posted: 7/19/2007 5:56:12 PM
BUT THAT'S ALL THAT'S "WRONG" WITH ME!
- Teag
Pfftt!
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 56 (view)
 
Tell us your best joke!! Let's all laugh and smile together!
Posted: 7/18/2007 7:50:58 PM
Health Plan
>
> A wealthy hospital benefactor was being shown around the
hospital.
> During her tour she passed a room where a male patient was
> masturbating furiously.
> "Oh my GOD!" screamed the woman. "That's disgraceful! Why is he
doing
> that?"
> The doctor who was leading the tour calmly explained,
> "I'm very sorry that you were exposed to that, but this man has
a
> serious condition where his testicles rapidly fill with semen,
> and if he doesn't do that at least five times a day, he'll be
in
> extreme pain and his testicles could easily rupture."
> " Oh, well in that case, I guess it's okay," said the woman.
> As they passed by the very next room, they saw a male patient
laying
> in bed while a nurse performed oral sex on him.
> Again, the woman screamed, "Oh my GOD! How can THAT be
justified?"
> Again the doctor spoke very calmly: "Same illness, better health
> plan."
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 93 (view)
 
Things in your profile.
Posted: 7/16/2007 3:23:18 PM
Great post, 2y2c!
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 3 (view)
 
I heard another discussion today... This is not ment to bash men but, in a round about way it is!!!
Posted: 7/16/2007 3:16:15 PM
The Nice Guy: The man that will open the door for them, step on a spider for them, cook them dinner, listen to how their day was, etc. He's kind, thoughtful, helpful, and will actually listen to what a woman has to say and not stare at her chest the entire time. This is the one that most women say they want. That's a lie.
- whirlybird3
Whirlybird, I couldn't agree more!
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 114 (view)
 
Instant Turn~Ons! What turns your head?
Posted: 7/15/2007 8:39:41 PM

i will date a guy with a suck ass personality if he has that vein...
- kliberal
Uh, kliberal, would you mind elaborating about this vein you're writing about?
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 52 (view)
 
Tell us your best joke!! Let's all laugh and smile together!
Posted: 7/15/2007 8:32:22 PM

a tall chick With a big ass and long legs who agrees with everything I say
~Tea(g)
- Sneaks
Uh, Sneaks, I don't think Teag agrees with everything you say...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 39 (view)
 
Tell us your best joke!! Let's all laugh and smile together!
Posted: 7/11/2007 8:17:25 PM
Methinks "cylclop" might be a "Wolfie" in sheeps clothing...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 70 (view)
 
Things in your profile.
Posted: 7/11/2007 8:14:39 PM

@girleysmiles
u gotta be the noseyest busybody on here
get a life ok
- cylclop

@ sealover
i don`t consider my children baggage
they are the creation of my wife and i and the best thing on the planet
- cylclop

ya gotta be kidding
whats there to meet
i already got the best woman on earth
what have ya`ll got to offer sides your bods
- cylclop

the reason i`m here and ya`ll are out there is cause i`m happly married to my best friend, lover and companion
- cylclop

my best joke would be the profile above me
- cylclop

on rainy days
sex sex &more sex
- cylclop

Wolfie, is that you? Well, welcome back!
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 1771 (view)
 
Good Night Georgia, Good Morning as well....
Posted: 7/9/2007 9:43:35 AM
Teag, if you'll read the bold type again, you'll notice that I wrote that cheesecake is "about" the only thing I know how to cook...that means it's not the ONLY thing...evidently, lasagna is another!! But, I do thank you for the help. I'm not 100% sure I could have done it without you...
Hehehehe...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 1768 (view)
 
Good Night Georgia, Any End Of The Day Thoughts?
Posted: 7/9/2007 9:01:52 AM
Ruthannah, thanks for the compliment about my cheesecake! I'm glad you liked it...

And TEA'S lasagna was delicious!
- Ruthannah
TEAG'S lasagna?!?! Excuse me? Ruthannah, I thought we've already been over this? You wound me...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 1766 (view)
 
Good Night Georgia, Any End Of The Day Thoughts?
Posted: 7/8/2007 9:34:34 PM
I'll just come on and echo what Sneaks and Sea wrote - good times/conversation and wonderful food - shared with great people - it doesn't get much better than that!
Tony

P.S. Linzzy, it was great meeting you as well!!
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 155 (view)
 
since when does no reply equal racist?
Posted: 7/7/2007 6:05:15 AM

The guy asked a question, he never called her a racist, plane and simple. and no amount of voodoo logic is going to change that.
- tdh46
LOL! Funny stuff...of course, he didn't call her a racist, but by even bringing up the subject, he was certainly implying that she was...at least, that's what I inferred from it...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 154 (view)
 
since when does no reply equal racist?
Posted: 7/7/2007 6:02:19 AM

Yeah, you're right. That's a pretty standard question that one asks when they're trying to get to know someone in a second email. Makes total sense. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be rhetoric or accusatory at all.

Great idea for getting to know someone. Cut straight to the heart of it all, early on. Here's some more ideas for questions to use in second emails:
1) Bigot?
2) Homophobic?
3) Gay?
4) Skinhead?
5) Hater of those who eat meat?
6) Communist?
7) Pedophile?
8) Rapist?

This could get fun. If I think of more, I'll let you know.
- k-lo
LOL! Great post, k-lo! Ditto!
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 522 (view)
 
What song best describes your personality?
Posted: 7/4/2007 7:20:28 PM
"I'm A Girl Watcher" by the O'Kaysions
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 509 (view)
 
Personality desciption thru song lyrics and music
Posted: 7/2/2007 5:53:42 PM
Since others are bringing up some "oldies", here's mine for today:
"Dream Lover" by Bobby Darin
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 20 (view)
 
Tell us your best joke!! Let's all laugh and smile together!
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:03:15 PM
A husband and wife are in bed together.
She feels his hand rubbing her shoulder.
She: "Oh, that feels good."
His hand moves to her breast.
She: "Gee, honey, that feels wonderful."
His hand moves to her leg.
She: "Oh, honey, don't stop."
But he stops.
She: "Why did you stop?"
He: "I found the remote."
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 16 (view)
 
Tell us your best joke!! Let's all laugh and smile together!
Posted: 7/1/2007 8:37:05 PM
Billy takes an overseas trip to the Orient. While there, he visited quite a number of brothels. Unfortunately, when he got back home, he realized he had caught some terrible venereal disease. His "johnson" got to looking like something he'd never seen before, just awful...
So he goes to his doctor, and after a careful examination, the doc gave him the worst possible news. "Sorry Billy, but I'm afraid we're going to have to amputate it," the doc told him. Billy asked to be referred to another doctor to get a second opinion. Doctor #2 tells him the same thing: "I'm afraid your doctor was right; we're going to have to amputate it."
Distraught, Billy tells one of his friends about it. His friend says, "Have you tried any of the medicine men over in Chinatown? They've got all kinds of balms that can cure just about anything." Billy figures he's got nothing to lose, so off to Chinatown he goes...
In Chinatown, Billy meets up with Dr. Lee. After examining Billy's "johnson", he asks what his regular doctor had told him. "Amputation," says Billy. Clucking his tongue, Dr. Lee says, "Ahhg! Western doctas, always want to do surgery. No need for surgery!"
"Really?", cries Billy. "You can treat whatever I've got without surgery?", asks Billy.
Pleased with himself, Dr. Lee walks over to his medicine cabinet, pulls out a jar of balm, and tells him, "No need surgery! You rub this on every night, afta one week, no need surgery; d**k fall off all by itself!!"
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 1696 (view)
 
Good Night Georgia, Any End Of The Day Thoughts?
Posted: 7/1/2007 8:16:34 PM
Good night folks! Had a great dinner at my friend's grill-out. Good food, great company, who could ask for any more than that to end the weekend?
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 512 (view)
 
The Sharing Corner
Posted: 6/30/2007 2:03:40 PM

And these soliders have to say the pledge, so they are fighting for our freedom and being forced to say a pledge to a Divine God when they actually beleive in Gods and Godesses.
- otoc
Actually, since ours is an all-volunteer military, no one is being "forced" to say anything...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 507 (view)
 
The Sharing Corner
Posted: 6/30/2007 9:57:36 AM

People who insist God does not accept others who don't believe the way they do must surely be frowned upon by God himself ~ good thing He's a God of mercy and not of justice, eh?
- Teag
Uh, actually, He is a God of mercy and justice - those two concepts are not mutually exclusive, IMO. In fact, I believe the concept of mercy is pretty meaningless in the absence of justice. How can one exhibit mercy without the potential of being brought to justice? If everything is permissible, then mercy is never required...Just my humble opinion...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 30 (view)
 
A giggles Rant!! Now why would you delete a positive post on your profile???
Posted: 6/28/2007 5:22:43 PM

Now that I have 2 different people that have put a little note about myself on my profile! Yes, I met both of them and one of them I have known for 3 years! He is a very sweet and dear friend of mine!

Well, theroy one .... I would get all kinds of instance message????? Ummm , lie number one!! Has not happen to me!!! ah hahahaha

Well, theroy two.... I would get all kinds of e-mail????? Ummmm Lie, number two... Still has not happen to me!!! ah hahahaha

This was a test to prove this one person is a PLAYER!! and my inner thoughts were right, Hot damn I hate when I'm right... Boy, Oh, Boy I wish he was right for I would be having too much fun..
- giggles
I'm sorry Giggles, but I'm a little confused here...how does the fact that you didn't receive all kinds of weird emails/IMs after 2 guys posted positive testimonials on your profile "prove" that the guy who deleted your testimonial is a "playa"? I'm a little tired right now, and maybe that's why I can't connect the dots, but I just don't see the connection...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 106 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:33:52 PM

I like prof48 so far. He can make his points without being insulting.
-j5rush
Ditto! I may not agree with him, but at least he's civil...
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 105 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:27:10 PM

For beginners try Revelation 7:1 at least if you believe in a literal interpretation of the bible.
- prof48
Hahaha! We've got another comedian...
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 104 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:20:55 PM
Believe it or not, religious tolerance is one of the fundamental things I hold dear to my heart.
- Lying-ass smith2267
Hahahahahahaahaha!!!! Now THAT is funny!

The reason you may find this hard to believe, is that you think yours is the one true religion. So you think religious freedom should only apply to your religion.
- Confused smith2267
Hmmm, did I miss one of j5rush's posts? I don't recall reading anything to suggest what ConfusedSmith2267 just wrote...
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 103 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:18:25 PM

Christian science is an oxymoron, the same as "jewish science" or "Muslim science" would be.

Why do you seek to gain respect for your religious beliefs by calling them "science"?

It is somewhat hypocritical, you must admit: on the one hand, you discredit science by claiming every scientific theory is just wild conjecture; and on the other hand, you seek to gain credibility by calling your religious dogma "christian science".

PS I'll bet your dictionary is getting a workout tonight!
Or worse yet, maybe you don't even bother to look up words you don't know.
I'll help you: dogma is doctrine that is expected to be accepted without proof or evidence.
A hypocrite is someone who says one thing and practices another.
And an oxymoron is a contradiction in terms.
You're welcome.
-smith2267
Smith, you remind me of all those geeks who got the crap beat out of them in school because they were always trying to be the smartest kid in the class...I've met a few of those types in Mensa - extremely arrogant, insulting to those who disagree with them, etc. That's why I quit going to most of the functions...If I were to get in the same room as someone like you, I would, in all likelihood, beat the living crap out of you - assuming I could catch you...
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 102 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:10:34 PM
The geocentric universe was actually strongly upheld by the catholic church. Galileo was tried as a heretic for questioning it.
So, while it is true that scientists before galileo accepted it as fact, it is also true that church dogma had a chokehold on science at that time.
So that is a really poor example to use in favor of creationism, as sweetiepi said.
- smith2267
I'll agree with you on this one. But, I also think it's wrong to dismiss today's believers because of what some have done in the past. Contrary to popular belief, science does NOT have an exclusive hold on "truth" - science is supposed to be a quest for the truth, but some of y'all have used science as your religion. When "objective" scientists exclude the possibility of a Creator, they are no longer using "the scientific method", 'cause they will then refuse to acknowledge any evidence that might point to a Creator or Intelligent Design. And the scientific method dictates that the evidence leads to the conclusion, NOT the conclusion dictates what evidence we will accept. In other words, science shouldn't exclude ANY evidence, no matter how repugnant that evidence is to the atheistic sensibilities of the scientist.
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 101 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 7:57:16 PM

Who can say / prove for certain the evolution was not the method of creation?
- acqoat
Good point, and they can't. Just as they can't prove for certain that the Big Bang wasn't the method of Creation (Btw, that is what I personally believe - that the Creator caused the Big Bang). In fact, in a round-about way, the Big Bang points to a Creator, but that's a topic for another night...
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 100 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 7:53:50 PM

I was reading through some of the posts and couldnt help but wondering where some of the people claiming "nada, zero, zilch" evidence for evolution went to school.
- sweetiepi
This from some young-un who's STILL in school!! Priceless!

If you really haven't looked into the evidence of evolution, then don't refute it (notice how I am not refuting the possibility of a higher being, or that some of the bible was indeed historical truth.)
- sweetiepi
Sweetiepi, just because some of us don't believe in the theory of evolution doesn't mean we "haven't looked into the evidence of evolution", it simply means that we don't agree with you. That we haven't seen any evidence of the theory of evolution. We've seen a LOT of theorizing, hypothesizing, supposing, conjecture, etc., but no more proof for evolution than there is for Creationism. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

Many times the real evidence was hidden and refuted because it clashed with religious beliefs.
- sweetiepi
Just as, many times the real truth was/is hidden and refuted because it clashed with so-called "scientific" beliefs...For instance, evolutionary biologists have come to realize, with the help/insistence of mathematicians, that there simply hasn't been nearly enough time for clumps of inorganic matter to "mutate" in to even the very first living organism (and that's if there were a "mutation" every second of the universe's entire known life-span - some 18 billion years), let alone the enormous complexity of life we see everyday! That's right, there still hasn't been enough time for the un-Directed universe to develop life from inert matter, yet life appears on Earth almost immediately after the Earth was formed. And where did the information contained in DNA come from? Information is ALWAYS a sign of intelligence - NOT ramdom chance! A good example of this that I've read is this:
Suppose I, as your tour guide at the Grand Canyon, tell you that all the nice, wavy patterns in the sides of the canyon were carved by the water rushing through, over the eons? You wouldn't have any problem believing me, right?
Now suppose we come upon the words, "John loves Katy" carved into the rock, and I tell you that the water also carved those words? I would hope that you'd think I was full of crap!!! Why? Because "John loves Katy" has information, and as I have previously written, information is ALWAYS the result of intelligence, not ramdom chance. And Sweetiepi, DNA is chock FULL of information.
If any of you atheists/evolutionists can give a definitive answer to where (from Whom?) the information contained in the DNA of the very first living organism came from, I'm guessing you'll soon be nominated for a Nobel Prize!!
I might also suggest that some of you look up "irreducible complexity". It might be on Google - I don't know, and it's too late at night for me to try to look it up.
Class dismissed for now - but I'll be back, and class will resume then...
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 97 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 6:54:26 PM
Creationists love to call creationism a science and evolution a religion, for some reason. But like their belief in christian mythology as literal, their view of creationism as a science has no basis in reality.
- Idiot-smith2267
What Creationists are you referring to?

Evolution is not a hypothesis. It is supported by much evidence, both geological/fossil based and DNA based.
- Idiot-smith2267
More Bullsh**!!!
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 93 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 6:51:36 PM

Even the Hardcores don't believe that the earth is flat or the sun revolves around the earth like the bible dictates so your logic is flawed.
- anobody
Anobody, could you please point me to the verse in the Bible that you're referring to? I'm not familiar with it...Thanks!
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 92 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 6:47:26 PM

You must have failed miserably in science classes.
- peter52245
Hey Moron2, I didn't fail ANYTHING in class.

There is plenty of proof, if you bother to open your eyes and look, and study, and realize.
- peter52245
Uh, actually, no there isn't, and saying so repeatedly doesn't make it so. Again, show me ONE examply of one species evolving in to another?

Go study some of Charles Darwin's work, and look closer at it all.
- peter52245
Darwin told us to go look in the fossil record, that we'd find proof of his theory there, and that if the proof isn't there, his theory must be wrong. Well, guess what? We've been looking for nearly 150 years, and still no proof! No missing link, nothing!

Criticizing people whom you cannot sway towards your views, is also another sign of weakness. It also shows a extreme lack of understanding, and shows that you didn't bother to look, and study before you spoke.
- peter52245
You're joking, right? Are you implying that I attacked Idiot-smith2267 first? If so, then I guess reading isn't your strong suit, huh?
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 91 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 6:32:16 PM

As a side, thinga, you said something about 'wheres your tolerance'... So long as you're allowed to speak your mind as you are now, you're being shown tolerance. It isn't until you are physically harmed, turned down for a job, or something along those lines that you're actually dealing with intolerance. You're free to believe anything you want - even if you believe someone else is wrong.
- rockymountainnoob
If you'll look back over the thread, you'll notice that in post#45, I expressed my support for Creationism. Idiot smith2267 comes back and calls me an idiot - then claims to be "tolerant" of others' religious points of view. I didn't come on here calling atheists/evolutionists any names, I simply expressed my supporst for Creationism. Also, in an earlier post, Idiot-smith2267 wrote that one would have to be "brain-damaged" in order to believe in Creationism. Is that what you call "tolerance", insulting people just because they believe differently than you? When you attack someone solely for their religious beliefs, that's NOT tolerance, that's bigotry.
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 90 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/26/2007 6:26:42 PM

Thinga, I tolerate others' religious beliefs as long as they keep them out of the classroom. Creationists don't do that. So, if they've got a fight on their hands, well, they picked that fight.

I can't really fault you for not reading my profile, since I haven't read yours either.
Suffice it to say you are making a fool of yourself by calling me a moron and lecturing me about what a theory is.

Theory does not mean the same thing in science as it does in everyday conversation. I don't know if you have much education, but you clearly do not have one in the sciences. There is a HUGE amount of evidence that speciation occurs (I'm not going to dumb down my vocabulary for you. Get a dictionary).
To name just *ONE*, not only can we see identical stretches of DNA in animals that have speciated, such as the ostrich and the emu, but we can tell by the rate of random mutations just how long ago they became distinct species. And guess what? It coincides with when they were geographically isolated from one another.

I don't expect to sway you; you're clearly hopeless. But I want to make sure everyone knows that you are speaking in ignorance.
- smity2267
What a dipshit! You dumb-fu**, you have NO idea what you're talking about! Are you trying to imply that the ostrich evolved from the emu? Or the reverse? What an absolute IDIOT!
You write that you "tolerate others religious beliefs as long as they keep it out of the classroom". That's a crock! You called me an idiot after my first post(#45). Where's the tolerance?! You idiot liberals "tolerate" only those who agree with you.
That's why I haven't revisited this thread until a friend asked me why I haven't answered that jackass smith2267 - 'cause I know there's no proof enough of God's existence for those who refuse to believe.
Why the hell should I read your profile, and what the hell do you think it would prove? Moron!
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 19 (view)
 
Camp out MCINTOSH STATE PARK June 16th
Posted: 6/24/2007 1:07:27 PM
Hey Januarysnow, you comin' to the Alattoona Lake Camp-Out in August? So far, doesn't look like too many have said they'd come, but hopefully, that'll change by the time the camp-out comes around.
Tony
P.S. Is that Wyndee in one of your pics?
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 46 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/23/2007 12:18:10 PM

I would NOT date someone who rejects evolution in favor of creationism. It would imply a kind of narrow-mindedness that would make me uncomfortable to be around.
- zentral
Hahaha! That's a funny post. Ironic, but funny. You're railing against "narrow-mindedness" while totally discounting the fact that evolution is simply a theory. Listen up folks; There is absolutely no proof whatsoever for evolution. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. There is not one shred of evidence that any species has EVER mutated/evolved into another species. This religion called Evolution has no more proof for it than does any other religion...
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 45 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/23/2007 12:12:16 PM

But OP...Why does believing in evolution mean that much to you? It seems...silly. I can understand if you were religous, and wanted your partner to also be religous and beleive in creation, because religion, for most people who believe, is a personal and spiritual matter. But evolution is....evolution, its a theory, its a beleif in a certain chain of events....ultimatly it means nothing. This stance, to me, points to some underlying contempt you may have for people who beleive in religion and creation.
- Justcommunication
Hey Just, one thing I think you're missing is that for a great many secularists, evolution is Evolution - it's not just a theory, it has become their religion, and they can be even more dogmatic/fanatic about their religion than Christians ever were.
Tony
 thinga
Joined: 10/2/2006
Msg: 44 (view)
 
Would you date someone who believes in evolution? creation?
Posted: 6/23/2007 12:07:01 PM
You could always bang her over the head with a hammer. She'd be more likely to believe in creationism with a little brain damage.

I'm very tolerant of others religious beliefs. But I just can't help but classify creationists as idiots. What do they think fossils are? Some sort of conspiracy?
- smith2267(Moron)
Hey idiot, what makes you think there's a conflict between Creationism and fossils? Moron!
Tony

P.S. Where exactly is your "tolerance" for others' religious beliefs?!
 
Show ALL Forums