Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What does my children come first mean to you?
 avbiker
Msg: 4 (view)

What does my children come first mean to you?
Posted: 10/15/2006 2:11:08 AM
I can relate, my ex . disapeared from their life I don't even have everyother weekend, the way that I look at it I only have so much time to be with my kids before they grow up and have their own life , right now I am molding them and if nothing alse they will be aware that friends come and go but family lasts for ever.
I do go out but usually when they are at sleep. And not to get laid or "find my partner" but to get some other adult stimulation and dance.Like I tell them they have their friends I too want to have some friends and I never take time away from my kids for them .
The only thing that bothers me is the fact that they haven't seen me for a long time with a lady friend and am not sure if they know what a decent lady is suposed to be like and I realy don't want them to end up with a woman like their mom (this is just between us) I never spoke bad of her and they understand that unfortunately their moms choice was not in their best interest because she got into Meth. (Nasty shit everyone should condemm people who use it or is willing to try it). But that is just my opinion.
In answer to your question.
It means if you have free "ME" time you would like to hang out and share some adventures wether is dancing or a comedy show or a bike ride or what ever YOU want to do as an adult , you want someone you can count on being flexible and not dependent on you.
There are 2 types of relationships the A type and the H type the A type you lean on each other /\ and if one can't be there the other one falls __ but they come together in the middle - . The H relationship (is what I think is the best) is when you stand on your own l and your partner on its own l and come together in the middle to share life's experiences with eachother wether is together or separate l-l.
I wish you luck in finding what you are looking for, I comend you on not letting your kids slip over selfishness, when they grow up they will remember this and be better parents for it (at least I'm hoping).
Hang in there lady and if worse comes to worse , you can always call me I am listed and I think you know who I am.
Dino

Show ALL Forums