Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Truck drivers
 JasonsGT
Msg: 15 (view)

Truck drivers
Posted: 9/11/2014 7:32:50 PM
Jeez, why do some people carry on so much about something they hate? (coughOnDMovecough)
I know this is an old thread, but the industry has changed in 5 yrs time. Don't let everyone scare you away with their horror stories of going broke, losing wives/gf/home/dog/cat/bird/ect... Everyones situation/attitude is different, so my advice is to try it out for yourself. Don't get yourself too invested(money wise) because you don't know if it will work out for you, right? Look into a grant of some sort. Research the company you're looking into. Don't go for the first place that offers 5K sign on bonuses and such...that's just a shiny hook to pull you in. Be smart, be positive, and do your best to enjoy yourself.
 JasonsGT
Msg: 96 (view)

Would you date a sarcastic woman?
Posted: 10/30/2013 9:48:25 AM
Nope, had enough of that to last a lifetime! It wasn't funny and reeked of insecurity...no witty banter here. If you have the balls to cut someone down with a smile on your face, why not cut the passive aggressive BS and tell them straight up how you really feel? It's cowardice, to say the least. ...but I'll put a smile on my face as I show you the door. Though, I experienced sarcasm intended to hurt. I think using it to describe irony would be tolerable, as long as she doesn't over do it...but I wouldn't stick around to find out if initially, she let me know she was a sarcastic person.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 6 (view)

out of state
Posted: 12/28/2011 3:16:10 PM
He's gonna butter you up and pitch a sob story at you hoping you'll give in and send him money....or he wants naked pics. Who knows.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 12 (view)

read for help :)
Posted: 9/17/2011 8:46:35 AM
I know it hurts and Im sorry that she did something so cold hearted like that, but youve got to realize that she told you how she truly feels about you without saying a word. She got up and left a 3yr relationship without so much as a reason, showing utter disrespect for your feelings. Why would you still feel anything towards this girl? She tore you up man! You need to take your heart back and start healing, because youre not getting anything done now since she still has ahold of you.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 19 (view)

Does Sarcastic Sense of Humor = poor social skills?
Posted: 9/17/2011 8:29:32 AM
I dont find it desirable at all because its associated with negativity, and who wants to be around someone like that all the time? Its a cowards way of saying what they really feel.
I could see how a sarcastic person would have poor social skills, but it all depends what type of sarcasm they use. I dont think most people would respond well to sarcasm from a stranger unless they knew that person.

OP: You didnt mention what type of sarcasm is being used. Black or white. There is a big difference.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 16 (view)

Just as hard to get over a failed relationship if you ended it?
Posted: 8/22/2011 8:58:10 AM
I think it has alot to do with the circumstances. Having a great connection, but realizing its going nowhere is different from having a good connection but having arguments that wear you down little by little. In the latter situation, being mentally exhausted would cause one to disbond from the other person over time, so initiating the breakup wouldnt sting as much because youve already done alot of grieving while still in the relationship, though staying in it hoping things would get better. Everyone has a breaking point.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 9 (view)

He's just not that into me...
Posted: 8/22/2011 8:41:33 AM

Whatever. No skin off my nose. I'm not going to chase him... I want, after all, a man who is willing to go after me!!

His loss.

Whoah there princess! Maybe its your attitude of self entitlement that shunned him away. It isnt attractive and I bet he saw this. The second contact from him was most likely to test the waters and see if there was still an interest from you. When he saw there wasnt one, he said to hell with ya and moved on.

You say he could have had you? Well, thats great but you need to let him know that. Step 1: Drop the attitude. Your shit stinks just as bad as everyone elses.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 18 (view)

Messaging girls
Posted: 8/22/2011 8:16:12 AM
No, once the ball is in their court, leave it there. If your first message goes unanswered, cut bait and move to the next fish. Of course, there may be a legatimite reason(havent been on lately, busy with other things, ect..) but who cares. There are too many women out there to be stuck waiting on one for a reply.

<div class="quote">Is it too much to ask a girl to have a conversation with a guy to try and get to know each other, at the very least, as friends?

Id say that most assume men are just after sex(just look at the replies from women on this site. They are gun shy), so getting one to open up to having a convo probally isnt going to be easy. Thank all the pigs for ruining their trust(or what little they had in the first place). Just let them know youre genuine, dont be pushy, and dont expect anything.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 22 (view)

Messaged by an Ex...why?
Posted: 8/7/2011 12:31:38 PM
Dude, what is it about this chick that still draws you to her? Are you just trying to be polite by staying on good terms with her? Stop being Mr. NiceCaringSensitiveguy and grab your nuts and sound off!

PS. Did you ask her for some breakup sex yet? Next text she sends you, tell her to **** you or **** off.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 16 (view)

Messaged by an Ex...why?
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:43:49 PM
Shes coming back to twist the knife, isnt she? Only advice I have is to tell her to piss off.

*edit* Oh man, I just read your post #9. Thats awesome! Looks like theres trouble in paradise! Lol! She wants to be friends so she can have you to entertain her while she looks for another guy. Very typical. I'd tell her not to contact me unless she wants to fuck. That should end this little game of hers.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 1261 (view)

Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:17:53 PM
Damn such a simple question has garnered 48 pages of replies.

Answer: Because they know their looks can get them the hottest guy they want.

Thread closed ****es!
 jasonsgt
Msg: 62 (view)

GF is still on POF advice requested
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:09:26 PM
She has someone she's dating, but is still shopping around. Its obvious she isnt into you or she wouldnt care who else is messaging her. Kick her ass to the curb and find someone who isnt always looking for the 'next best thing'.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 53 (view)

Why must the guy do it all?
Posted: 7/9/2011 5:22:43 PM
Im not chasing anything. Have never and will never. I leave games to the kids on the playground.

I wasnt trying to say that women should take the lead. I was just saying that it would be nice to be met half way. Im not going to do all the work when its an unsure bet if it will even pay off. If met half way and things dont happen(sparks, ect..), then its not so bad because there wasnt too much invested on my part...and we BOTH gave it an equal effort.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 50 (view)

Why must the guy do it all?
Posted: 7/9/2011 1:32:51 PM
Most women are fragile, so they would rather do the rejecting than be rejected. They are what we want, so they know they dont have to put forth any effort to attract men. It is indeed a one way street, but men will always bow to the almighty vagina...so dont expect things to change any time soon.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 19 (view)

truck drivers and dating
Posted: 7/7/2011 3:29:01 PM
You want to start a relationship while youre OTR? I dont think thats a healthy way to begin a new relationship. The last thing a budding relationship needs is for the two people to be apart from eachother. Its a different story once you two have some time together.

My 2 cents: Get some experience(6 mo, 1 or 2 years, ect..) and start looking for a local company. Once you land a local gig, start looking for a girl.
Of course, there is a chance to find a local job right out of school, but with all the more experienced going for the same thing, your chances arent the best. Make sure you do your research on the company youre applying for. OTR isnt easy even with the best company, so a bad company has the potential to make your experience a very negative one. Google trucking forums, grab some popcorn, and read all you can. Remember this: CR England has a rep for being a human meat grinder. If you must go with them, be very careful with their lease purchase program. It is not designed for the drivers benefit.
Good luck and see ya on the road!
 jasonsgt
Msg: 3 (view)

Thoughts about dating a girl with an abusive ex
Posted: 7/3/2011 1:14:24 PM
How much of the damage will she carry into the new relationship? Thats what I'd be asking myself. Do I want to fix someone and try to heal them, or do I want to find someone who isnt damaged? Her self esteem is probally all but gone, and while its an honorable thing to take someone under your wing and nurse them back to health, you have to do whats best for yourself.

I would wish them well and tryto be a friend, but I wouldnt get involved.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 7 (view)

girlfriend wants to meet her ex for coffee....is it fine with me?
Posted: 7/2/2011 7:30:55 PM
Sounds like she still has an interest in him. She obviously wants to meet him or this wouldnt be an issue. She hasnt taken any steps to cease communication with him(why isnt his number blocked from her phone?).
How do you feel about your g/f being friends with her ex?
 jasonsgt

odd behavior from a girl with a boyfriend?
Posted: 6/30/2011 5:16:06 PM
Youre right, it is odd. Since the BF is long distance, she is just looking for something he cant provide at the moment. Classy gal, huh? If she'll do it with you, she'll do it to you.

I wouldnt invest any emotions into her. She has a pretty warped view of how someone should act in a long distance relationship. OTOH, maybe her and the BF have an open relationship. Who knows...but I think its wise to keep your feelings to yourself with this one.

I dont see a problem with staying friends, but I think there should be a line drawn that you both know about.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 13 (view)

Airlines bans infants from first class.
Posted: 6/29/2011 5:10:05 PM
I dont see a problem with it. I am paying more money to enjoy all the comforts that come with first class...and crying babies isnt one of them.

Discrimination...wow, didnt see that one coming.
 jasonsgt

Would you date someone that doesn't love themselves due to lack of confidence, self-esteem etc?
Posted: 6/27/2011 6:09:05 PM
I wouldnt expect them to love themselves to the point of being vain, but I would expect them to be confident and have a moderate level of self esteem. I wouldnt want to be with someone who is down in the dumps most of the time, though I dont expect them to be happy go lucky all the time either. If they dont love themself, then I find I will eventually feel the same way about them(speaking from experience).
 jasonsGT
Msg: 18 (view)

So... we're dating... getting very serious BUT...
Posted: 6/27/2011 12:04:24 PM
I'll add one more thought, then I'll wish you good luck.

Why is she answering her EX'x texts? What do they have between them that absolutely needs to be addressed? I think she is enjoying all the attention.

On one hand, she has you who is making her feel like a special person again, after being degraded by her ex for so many years.
On the other hand, she has her ex still plugging away trying to win her back.

There is this constant battle, and she has a front row seat. It must do her ego good to have two men fighting over her.

Anywho, good luck to ya!
 jasonsGT
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 6/27/2011 11:36:38 AM
Why do you hate it? Theres nothing wrong with being suspicious of people. You are just protecting yourself, and there is nothing wrong with that.
 jasonsGT

Posted: 6/27/2011 11:21:32 AM
Sounds like she still has something for the ex...and isnt ready to move on from him. She wants to keep him as a friend and doesnt want to hurt him? Great mentality this chick has...she may have low self esteem if shes always doing things for other people, and not looking out for herself. Since she has a history of bouncing back and forth between men, I dont think its a good sign. She doesnt sound like a very strong person.

Since she wants to be friends with her ex, Id make the decision real easy for her. Id bolt and find a woman who isnt so wishy washy with her ex still in the picture, but I dont put up with bullshit...so thats my point of view.
 jasonsgt

seeking advice on how to move on
Posted: 6/25/2011 4:52:45 PM
Its time for you to take you hand out of the fire, and focus on healing up. The first step is to cut all ties to her. Why in the world would you keep going back to something that is hurting you? You know whats going to happen since its happened many times before. What makes you think the next time is going to be any different. Just accept it for what it is, and move on with your life. You do want to move forward in life right? Or would you rather stay in the present spinning your wheels?

Also, it isnt a good idea to try to jump into another relationship. Its not fair to the other person, and its not fair to yourself. Take some time to find yourself again...and get back to the state you were in before the relationship with your ex.

Dont worry about the question of "will I get over this." The more you doubt yourself, the more likely you are to fall into that rut youve created in your own mind. Know that you will get over it and know that it will take time. When you do get over it, you will be even better than before because you will have learned more about your own behavior, and other peoples behavior. It will help when the next fish comes along.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 11 (view)

Said no to coffee but changed my mind
Posted: 6/25/2011 4:33:23 PM
You gave him a business card? Wow! No wonder he didnt call.
Blurting out what you did wouldnt turn me away, but a lady treating our short conversation like a business transaction would certainly kill my interest.
 jasonsgt

When to use the Recyled air button in car?
Posted: 6/23/2011 6:30:58 PM
By the time you smell the cattle trailer, it is too late. Who would want to recirculate smelly air with your own exhales? If a car had a sensor saying "smelly air approaching" then it would sense

If you want to wait until you smell it to press recirculate, be my guest. I will hit recirculate the moment I see the trailer because I know that a cow trailer is going to stink.

The smell will eventually disipate inside the car...and Id say thats better than having it continuously pumped inside.
 jasonsgt

When to use the Recyled air button in car?
Posted: 6/23/2011 6:05:05 PM
It just recirculates the air thats already in the car. If youre behind a cattle trailer on the interstate, just hit recirculate and the smelly outside air wont be pumped into the cabin. Another benefit of using recirculate is that if you have the A/C on, the cold air already inside the cabin, will recirculate again, making the air coming out of the vents even colder.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 15 (view)

perfect weekend anyone??
Posted: 6/21/2011 2:51:39 PM
Dang, sounds like I missed all the fun. :(

I heard the droopy drawers fad came from prisoners who would let their pants droop...to show other inmates that they were 'available'. Available for what you ask? None other than some back door lovin'. Thats right, all these droopy drawer G's are just letting everyone know they want some hot, steamy, sweaty butt sex.

Just trying to embarrass all the hood rats out there, but they do a pretty good job of that on their own.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 429 (view)

How to tell a woman to start paying for part of the date
Posted: 6/20/2011 9:27:36 AM
Suggest she pay for a part of the date and you will pay for the other...or alternate. One date you pay for, the next date she pays for. Just because its traditional for the man to pay for everything, doesnt mean you have to. If you find a woman like that, kick her gold digging ass to the curb and find someone who doesnt have their head stuck the 1950's.

If you keep finding gold miners, get a dog. Theyre cheaper than women and you dont have to worry about all the games that exist in a common relationship between men and women...except when the dog is hungry, then turns up its nose when you give it food.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 5 (view)

Is online dating my thing?
Posted: 6/19/2011 4:02:29 PM
Having a profile doesnt hurt, but I wouldnt rely on a dating site to meet people. Its good to meet people that you would have never met otherwise, but dont put too much stock into it. Remember, you get what you pay for.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 37 (view)

Fell in love with best friend..
Posted: 6/17/2011 8:22:10 PM
Who cares! Shes moved on and so should you. Delete her from your life.
Dont mean to sound too harsh, but this girl has got you by the balls. Time to take 'em back or turn in your man card.
 jasonsgt

Profile never get's responses
Posted: 6/14/2011 6:20:27 PM
Id say the majority of women here have set their standards so high because there are so many profiles to choose from, causing them to be more picky than in real life. Best bet would be to stick to finding women IRL...and use online dating when youre bored.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 8 (view)

Any suggestions for a TRUE quiet honest man?
Posted: 6/14/2011 5:14:28 PM
What did you think was going to happen here...within 7 days? Rotate that pic, put down the toilet seat, and focus your attention on things that matter...like education, job, getting yourself a car, and basically preparing yourself for your future. If you do this rather than focusing on girls(not women yet), you'll be miles ahead of the average 19 year old.
 jasonsgt

Anyone have answers for me?
Posted: 6/13/2011 1:42:27 PM
So the kids were convienently ready to go when you got there? Sounds like she had a plan to bring them along...and thinking you might say no if brought up in advance, she decides to have them ready to go when you get there...making it look like a coincidence. Sounds like mommy got her ankle biters a free meal ticket.
Since youre ok that her kids came along, I wouldnt sweat it, but I do indeed think its strange to bring the kiddos on a date. Just keep a sharp mind and dont let yourself be taken.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 152 (view)

Why Do girls go for Bad Boys
Posted: 6/13/2011 6:41:06 AM
My guess is its because these women see 'nice' guys as being boring and predictable.
These women want the challenge of trying to tame the wild beast all while feeding off the drama that surrounds him. They hold themself in high esteem(in their own mind) because they know the 'aura' that surrounds being in the arm of a 'bad boy', and they think that will place them at the top of the totem pole in regards to other women.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 4 (view)

alittle advice!
Posted: 6/13/2011 4:47:26 AM
Start living your life for YOU! Do you really need someone to make you feel happy? Thats pretty weak and pathetic, IMO. People come and go, but you are forever. You cant rely on people for your own emotions, so take some time to find yourself.
Once youre comfortable with yourself, you very well might run into one who will appreciate you. Till then, relax, take it easy, and get yourself in order.

As for that girl...Im sorry and I know it hurt, but realize that she disrespected you by doing what she did. How many hours of the day do you have for someone who would do that to you?
Me? Id have about 5 nanoseconds, and thats being generous.
 jasonsgt

How do you stop procrastinating?
Posted: 6/12/2011 6:26:23 PM
When I find myself putting something off, I start looking at the task in steps. Ex: Mowing the lawn. Its a pretty big job(1 acre) and I dont really feel like doing it. So...I look at it as I'll mow the front first...then the back...then the side...and then the ditches, ect. Its not so bad if its looked at like that.
Also, I find that most things I put off arent so bad when I actually start doing them, so I just think ehh, it wont be so bad once I get my hands dirty...and thats my motivation.(plus it has to be done at some point, so it might as well be now )
 jasonsgt

Girl broke my heart and trying to be the good guy is killing me
Posted: 6/12/2011 1:44:19 PM
It sucks that youre going through this, but I hope you arent too blinded to see the voice of reason. It sounds like she set her boundary, but you crossed it out of your own selfishness. Does that sound right? She didnt want a relationship but you pushed for one. Thats what I see anyway.

Now you know not to invest so much into another person when youre the only one fighting the fight. Heres my advice on dealing with this fallen relationship...and future relationships that might fail.
Concentrate on fixing yourself first. You cant be everyones savior. Heres a boxing ring inspired thought: You go to your corner and I'll go to mine...dont go to her corner and help her get better while youre still bleeding.

At your age, why sweat it? Youve got alot ahead of you. Why let this hold you back? Take the punches and roll on.
 jasonsgt

Transitional Relationships
Posted: 6/12/2011 1:27:42 PM

Anyone had similar experiences?

It lasted about 10 months. She was in the process of coming out of a 4 year relationship(2 years of marriage) and found me to confide in. I never had any intention of being anything other than a friend, but it grew into more. We expressed our love for eachother, but now, I question even that...both on her part and mine. Her true colors started coming out in the last 3 months, and I could tell I was slipping away...so I took the initiative to end things.

Would I do it again? No. Am I sorry it happened? No. Its given me knowledge and experience...and those are two things I value.
 jasonsgt

Does this sound like fake/predatory emails???
Posted: 6/12/2011 11:53:35 AM
All are good opinions. She just might not be the best at conversing through typed messages. I wouldnt disqualify her for that. I would go ahead with the plans to meet up, but dont let your guard down...as with all first meets.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 4 (view)

help me figure something out
Posted: 6/12/2011 11:27:42 AM

You have a big ass truck and a big ass guitar so naturally big ass woman think you're into them

haha very funny...I hope youre wrong though.
 jasonsgt

Posted: 6/10/2011 8:01:11 PM
Ok, I added a little line stating my preferences. Time will tell if anyone reads it..or maybe I should put near the beginning of the description? What do you think?
Thanks for the comments.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2011 5:52:16 PM
What do you think it is about my profile that attracts big women? Id like to put something on there that says Im not interested in bigger women, but dont want to sound rude or degrading. Any suggestions?
 jasonsgt

Recovering from Jealousy...ARG
Posted: 6/7/2011 3:34:33 PM
Have you ever heard the saying "You cant push a rope"?
Consider the damage this can do to yourself. You arent even in a relationship or even dating, and it has already damaged you, but you dont realize it. This has caused you to believe that this is the best you can do. If you dont believe me, then why arent you after someone else who is in a better state?
SNAP out of it and realize that you deserve better!
 jasonsgt
Msg: 8 (view)

Recovering from Jealousy...ARG
Posted: 6/7/2011 3:18:40 PM
You want to save her from the relationship, dont you? I can understand that. Everyone with a good heart wants to help those who are in a bad situation...but let me ask. Why have you set your sights on someone who isnt available?

Is this another case of wanting what you cant have? How much thought have you given this, really? Are you ready for all the baggage she will bring to the relationship? Shes been with the guy for 6 years...6 years of time invested in another person. Do you think she will switch off all emotions and contact with this guy? If you believe so, youre in for a suprise. Emotions dont work that way...they arent a lightswitch. So...be ready for your new love to still be thinking of her old love. Be ready to play 2nd fiddle to her ex. Prepare yourself for what will happen when her feelings get the best of her and she goes back to her ex for another helping. This girl has the potential to put you through a meat grinder while holding her ex's hand, all while you ask for more.

You deserve someone who is ready for a relationship. Someone who wont need to back off to figure out if someone else is better...and Id make a safe bet that she will more than once, consider going back to her ex if she is with you. This girl wont have a clear and rational mind-her world will be spinning.

Now my last question. Do you respect yourself enough to not get involved with someone like this?
 jasonsgt
Msg: 141 (view)

Have you ever dated someone with Borderline Personality?
Posted: 6/7/2011 3:01:25 PM

"BP" usually refers to Bi-Polar Disorder and "BPD" refers to Borderline Personality Disorder.

Do you think your friend has Bi-Polar or Borderline Personality Disorder?

I looked up both definitions to be clear, and from what I read, Id say he has BP...and thats only because it said BPD is more of a long term issue. My friends outbursts are short, yet explosive and can be triggered by the smallest of things. His other symptoms are noted in each article I read of the two disorders, so its hard to tell which he has.
 jasonsgt

Does the bitterness and hostility ever end after breakups?
Posted: 6/6/2011 4:48:44 PM
I dont have any use for someone who has done me wrong. Thats not because Im still mad at them for what they did, its because I dont want to be associated with such a person. If someone broke up with me, Id feel hurt and the same logic would apply.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 56 (view)

Shut Down Mode
Posted: 6/6/2011 11:13:09 AM
It sounds like she put you through a special kind of hell in those 10 months with her self centered attitude. Id agree that it sounds like she didnt care for you as much as you cared for her. Sure there were good times, but theres no sense in holding onto a rose if youre constantly being poked by its thorns.

IMO, you didnt lose anything but a warm body. You should be so glad that it didnt carry on any longer than it did. Sure, 10 months is down the drain, but it happened and thats that. No sense in trying to figure it out. What good does that do? Dont look back, just look forward and focus on yourself.

From your posts, you seem to be handling yourself just fine. Good job on sticking to your guns and not letting this little girl run over you after hitting you with her car.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 139 (view)

Have you ever dated someone with Borderline Personality?
Posted: 6/4/2011 10:45:56 PM
I havent dated someone with BP, but a good friend has PTSD from his military days. Im not sure if he is diagnosed with BP, but his behavior shows all the signs. Dramatic mood swings, heavy drinking, cant focus on the easiest of tasks, ect. He is a good man and Ive known him for 9 years, but it is so tiring just to be around him. He 'snapped' at me 3 times recently and Ive stopped communicating with him. Though, I feel bad...like Im giving up on the friendship...but its just too much to deal with.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 66 (view)

Why are men such cowards???
Posted: 6/4/2011 8:49:47 PM
What a suprise! Another whiny ass who didnt get what she wanted and is now taking it out on everyone with a swinging**** Hey clueless...have you reached inside your tiny brain and thought that YOU might have something to do with him bolting? Are you trying to push him into something he doesnt want? Id guess you probally want marriage and 5 kids. heh, am I close?
Him doing it twice makes one wonder...what is wrong with YOU? How about you stop pointing the finger. What makes you think your shit doesnt stink?

Screw all men,specially the ones in NYC! I'm gonna use my beauty to the max, lead you all on till you fall! then call the cops on you so you can stop stalking me! Hate all of you and my mission in life is too break as many hearts as possible completely destroying your dumb meaningless ego's!!!! I hate all of you!

No biggie. Youre only good for sex anyway. Since Ive now branded you a cum dumpster, get your pink ass out there and give it up to as many men as you can. Atleast you will be serving a purpose.

Show ALL Forums