Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: COMICS
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 7 (view)

COMICS
Posted: 8/28/2008 4:59:23 PM
My bro went to school to be a comic-book artist, so it's kind of difficult to not pick up a thing or two...

Anything by Alan Moore, Frank Miller, James O'barr.. Also love X-men, Batman, Hulk, Spider-Man, etc. Whenever there's a new film out based on a comic, I always get revved up like a geek and go see the midnight show.

I'm looking forward to the release of "Watchmen" next year.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 16 (view)

The greatest of the Grunge?
Posted: 8/28/2008 4:55:11 PM
"Grunge" is the stuff that forms in my toilet when I don't clean it enough.

There were some good bands out there, but I hated how in the early 90's, suddenly everyone had to dress in flannel, not wash their hair. and pretend like anything from the 80's wasn't cool. I personally hated Nirvana, but everyone worshipped Kurt Cobain like he was the second coming. I admit some of their (non radio mainstream) songs were good, but it seems like there were a lot of people out there who worshipped those so-called "grunge" bands because it was the popular thing to do.

I know that grunge music was a result of people getting tired of the typical 80's hair bands and the overindulgence in pop music, and I liked that. But the 90's so-called "alternative" scene became the exact same that they rebelled against. It seems like every record company made a mad dash for Seattle to sign up whatever crap band could play three chords on their guitar and dress like a homeless person. It didn't matter if they were good or not.

I personally try to block most of the early 90's out of my brain. It was all of those "I-Wear-Flannel" posers at my school blasting the same damn songs over and over that turned me off to the whole grunge scene and got me into the classic stuff--The Who, Bowie, Queen, etc. (ironic, considering bands like The Who inspired bands like Pearl Jam in the fist place....)

Nowadays, I can listen to bands like Pearl Jam with a lot more interest and respect--mostly because of their longevity. But when they first came out I just wanted them to go away.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 8 (view)

Music Today Sucks.
Posted: 8/27/2008 7:45:00 AM
Waaaaaaaaah, the music today sucks! Waaaaaaaah, the stuff from the older times was better!

PUHLEEZ.

There are plenty of great performers still out there, in ALL genres of music. I went to see the great Stevie Wonder last year, and he said he listens to modern hip-hop, rock and roll, country, etc. and loves all of it. He told the audience that you should never close your mind to something just because it's not what you are used to.
There was a time when people said rock and roll wasn't "real" music, and that all it was was noise. And look at it now. It's the same for any other genre, including rap. You have the good ones and the bad ones.

I think the problem is the really good ones who actually have substance are not being recognized by the mainstream audience. A lot of the top-40 crap that is shoved down our throats focuses on quantity rather than quality--how many records you can crank out of the artist before the audience gets tired of them, as opposed to how good the product actually is. You really have to look harder for the quality stuff, but it's there.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 12 (view)

Just met a girl and a few hours later she wanted to bang already
Posted: 8/26/2008 12:48:56 PM
Clearly there was too much alcohol and not enough self-control.

Call her if you want, but keep in mind the whole sex invite was probably the booze talking. I've had too many experiences in my younger dumber years to think otherwise.
Sex while under the influence is never a good idea, anyway. She could sober up the next day and accuse you of date rape. I've seen it happen before.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 9 (view)

What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Posted: 8/26/2008 12:44:53 PM
Blue-Painted Naked Elk-Spearing. In the dark.

Nah, I'm just kidding......I prefer to wear a loincloth.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 6 (view)

What do you think is the hardest part of dating?
Posted: 8/26/2008 11:54:25 AM
For me I think it's finding someone who is on the same page.

I think there's this idea out there that all of us ladies are supposed to be dating to find that special someone, that it's the be-all and end-all of all our dating experiences, and that we look at every guy we go out with (even if it's just once) as the next potential boyfriend.
Well, I'm not like that. I always make it clear from the get-go that I am not a "dating to find my soulmate/get into a relationship" kind of person. I like dating, but I also like time to myself. Some guys I go out with say they are perfectly fine with the casual, no-stings attached kind of thing. But after one or two dates they start pressuring me to be exclusive, and when I say no, I get accused of game-playing or leading them on. And I HATE that.

Also, finding someone with my twisted sense of humor. I have tried to explain time and time again to many of my friends the concept of "Awesomely Bad Movie Night," and only one person seems to understand it.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 2 (view)

Do animals get reincarnated or just cease to exist?
Posted: 8/25/2008 4:26:04 PM
They only get reincarnated if they are in the Pet Semetary. But then, I don't think you'd want them back at that point anyway.

*sigh*... poor Fred Gwynne.....

gonzofanmel
Msg: 54 (view)

ways to fool drug test for pot
Posted: 8/25/2008 4:19:41 PM

Pot stays in your hair for quite a long time, there's absolutely no way to get rid of it

Amen to that.

I bought a bottle of Pot Shampoo a week ago. I've rinsed and rinsed, and I am still combing out the damn leaves out of my hair!!

Next time, I'll wash with Pantene Heroin.

(sorry, I'm feeling goofy today...)
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 59 (view)

Do you believe in God, but not organized religion?
Posted: 8/25/2008 3:37:06 PM
Absolutely.

Or more specifically, I have a problem with any religion that claims to be the one and only true religion, and any one else who has any kind of different belief is never going to be admitted to Paradise for not believing in what they perceive as "the truth."

I was born and raised Catholic, but I believe that anyone who worships a higher power has the same deity that I do, just a different name for that power. Be it God,Goddess, Allah, Great Spirit, or Sam the Flying Squirrel. What difference does it make as long as you believe in something greater than yourself?
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 11 (view)

whats in the trunk of your car??
Posted: 8/25/2008 3:29:47 PM
the decaying, decomposed body of the last guy I dated.

Oooops!!!

.....I mean....uh,..........

a gym bag. That's right. An old gym bag. with socks in it and stuff. And some jumper cables.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 9 (view)

actors singing
Posted: 8/25/2008 1:39:52 PM
I'd like to add the cast of "Mamma Mia" to this list. As much as I love Meryl Steep and Pierce Brosnan, neither one of them can carry a tune to save their lives. My ears were bleeding by the end of the night.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 62 (view)

is there such a thing as a Normal Woman?
Posted: 8/25/2008 1:31:36 PM
is there such a thing as a Normal Woman?

In my case, absolutely not. Normal is dull. I'll take WEIRD any day!

But if you are asking if there are some fun, crazy, happy girls out there who are mentally and emotionally stable, then I'd say yes, absolutely.

They're probably hiding on the same planet as the men who are capable of keeping a job and telling the truth.

gonzofanmel

What song makes you think about when you were a kid? Describe a time you remember hearing it....
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:42:58 AM
Besides the usual 80's hits, I remember "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers, anything off "Thriller" by Michael Jackson, "Your Song," by Elton John, anything by the Spinners (especially "the Rubberband Man,") , and "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers. I was fortunate enough to have a family that had diverse musical interests--country, Motown, rock and roll--you name it, we had it.

My parents used to have a huge stereo system with a record player, 8-track, and radio. I actually had a Kenny Rogers greatest hits record (yes, I do remember records!! LOL) that I played until I wore it out. So then my parents bought me the same record, and I wore it out again.

I remember hearing these mostly after school and on the weekends. I remember one day coming off the bus, walking into the house, and hearing "Ease on Down the Road" playing on the stereo. My mom had gone out and bought the soundtrack to "The Wiz" as a surprise, and I jumped up and down with excitement. We spent the rest of the afternoon listening to the entire album.

the other big one was the soundtrack to "the Muppet Movie." It forever cemented my eternal love for the Muppets. I sang "Rainbow connection" in my school's talent show when I was in third grade. I won third place too! But then I accidentally stepped on the record and broke it. I was devastated.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 60 (view)

another one bites the dust.......
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:28:05 AM

So I guess it's your job to play courtesy police.

Actually, I'm more of the Label Police. As in I don't like labels. They belong on jars and cans, not people.

gonzofanmel

Great movie love scenes
Posted: 8/21/2008 4:56:12 PM
I'm not big on most romantic films. Too mushy and contrived. I automatically avoid any film with Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts.

Nah, if I have to pick a great movie love scene, I'm gonna vote for any scene between Kermit and Miss Piggy in "The Muppet Movie" and "The Great Muppet Caper."

gonzofanmel

New kids on the block reunion ( frightening)
Posted: 8/19/2008 8:41:58 AM
I got my concert tickets in the mail!! They are going to be in Cleveland. I have the day off and everything. I can't wait!!

NKOTB, HERE I COME!!!

gonzofanmel
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2008 8:39:03 AM
OP,

If she only contacted you once (or twice), and you didn't like what she had to say, then why go on and on about it? It's not like you met and felt something and found out afterward that her ideals didn't match yours. It's not your job to play morality police and point out to the rest of the world that society has gone downhill due to people's sexual choices.

And for the record...regardless of whether the person is male or female...again, the word "slut" is rude and wrong. You may not agree with the way a person lives his or her life, or how many partners he or she has, but it's not your place to judge his or her level of self-respect and make derogatory comments. I don't like the idea of people sleeping around, either, and I have come across guys who are into that, but I just politely decline and move on. Everyone is different.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2008 10:00:59 AM

....SEEMS LIKE 80% OF THEM JUST WANT FREE DINNERS FROM AS MANY MEN AS THEY CAN STRING ALONG....AND SLEEP WITH THE "SELECT FEW"....

If these are the type of women you are finding, maybe you should step back and examine what it is you are doing to attract these types. Because I can assure you, there are still plenty of women out there who are not like this.

And for the record....so a single gal decides she doesn't want to settle and just wants to play the field a little. So what? You may not approve of her choices, but it's not your place to judge her, either. I have a few women friends who are in their late 30's/early 40's, coming out of painful divorces, who spent 20-plus years being devoted wives and mothers and had to suffer abuse, cheating, etc. as a result. So they want to throw off the shackles of serious relationships and have some no-strings attached fun. Good for them!

It may not be what you are into, but it doesn't make it wrong. It doesn't make her an immoral person. It doesn't mean she's gonna sleep with every guy she gets her hands on. I know a lot of guys who do this kind of thing, and I don't hear other guys putting them down and saying what sluts they are.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 35 (view)

would this be too weird?
Posted: 8/14/2008 11:28:07 AM
I go to the movies alone all the time. I also go out to eat, go on vacations, and go to concerts alone as well.

If you are weird, then what am I??

HONESTLY. When are people going to stop being so self-conscious about being out alone, no matter what the activity? Alone can be FUN. No arguments about where to meet up, what to see, what to do before and after, who's paying for what, etc.

And seeing a certain movie has nothing to do with sexual orientation. I like rough n tumble action flicks from time to time. Does that make me a butch man-hating lesbian?

gonzofanmel
Msg: 90 (view)

Should Smokers and Non Smokers Date ?
Posted: 8/14/2008 11:19:21 AM
I smoke on occasion. The one guy I hang out with does not smoke at all. He says it doesn't bother him, but I don't smoke when we're out. It works for both of us.

I think it can work as long as there is no judgment or lecturing involved by either party.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 31 (view)

Ever get a song stuck in your head...?
Posted: 8/14/2008 11:09:00 AM
"Ebony and Ivory."

Someone please make it stop.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 25 (view)

Why does my profile only attract 30 year old + men?
Posted: 8/14/2008 9:47:08 AM

Why does my profile only attract 30 year old + men?

I feel ya. I have the same problem.

Damn these 30+ year old men!!!! Why won't they leave me alone???

gonzofanmel
Msg: 16 (view)

your best-worst nut case story ever
Posted: 8/13/2008 3:31:44 PM
OP,

Methinks you got involved way too quickly and tried way too hard.
You said you weren't being pushy, but all the e-mails, texts, and letter you sent clearly say otherwise. You should have contacted him once, or even twice, to let him know that you were there for him and were concerned, and then just given him his space. I know it hurts when someone you care about drops from the face of the planet like that, and it wasn't fair of him to do that to you. But bombarding him with constant messages and demanding he give you some kind of answer right away wasn't right, either.

Also..you have no way of knowing if his mother had any idea about either the suicide attempt or the lost job. People who do stuff like that are very good at hiding things like that from their friends and families. He may have lied to her to save face, or because he wasn't ready to tell her what was going on.

In any case, he sounds like someone who need professional help, not ridicule. Try to have a little bit of sympathy and move on with your life.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 35 (view)

Why do people want to commit after one date?
Posted: 8/13/2008 11:04:53 AM
And you're what? Holding that out as the "gold standard" of normalcy?

Good luck with that

I never claimed to be normal. Hell, if that was the case, I'd have jumped off a cliff a long time ago.

I'm just one of those gals who isn't looking for her soul mate. I date to have fun, not find "the one." So when it finally did happen, it was a surprise for both of us, since we were on the same wavelength and had the same expectations (which were to hang out and have fun together.)

There's nothing wrong with dating someone, getting to know them, and deciding to be exclusive. But after ONE date? Come on. Even I (the Goddess of Weirdoes) knows that there is something wrong with that. I barely know a guy's last name after one date, much less whether or not I want to be with him for the long stretch.

And if there was some guy on here who DEMANDED that I take my profile down because we went on one date and hit it off...can we see "Hello Crazy Man"????
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 8/13/2008 8:25:08 AM

Because they are bat-s**t crazy.

One date? Hell, I went out with a guy for two years before we had anything that resembled a commitment. And that suited us both just fine. I'd run like Wyle E. Coyote on speed if a guy started acting like that after a first freakin' DATE.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 89 (view)

Dating 3 girls....yikes
Posted: 8/12/2008 11:59:53 AM
OP,

As a female, I don't find anything wrong with what you are doing. You are being open, honest, and up-front about your status with all three of these women. You are not leading anyone on, you are not lying, you are not playing games, you are not being disrespectful. At your age, casual dating should be the norm, anyways.
Speaking from my own experience (I like to date casually as well), you don't have to see every person you date as a potential significant other. You can date for fun, without any expectations. There are too many people who think that dating= searching for permanent relationship. And if you aren't ready to be with just one person after X amount of dates, then somehow you are "leading them on," which is total bulls**t. As long as you are up-front from DAY 1 about what you are looking for and what you are about, no one has the right to accuse you of being a player.

As far as your ex is concerned....what I would recommend is for you to stop waiting around for her to make time for you and get back on HER terms. And THAT is not fair. She sounds like she enjoys the thrill of the chase.

You need to break away, I think, and stop fooling yourself into thinking it's going to work out. I know you love her, but it sounds like right now she isn't interested in an exclusive relationship. So back off and move on.

but if the dating three girls really isn't your cup of tea (and I know a lot of people who follow the "date one person at a time" mentality--nothing wrong with that, either), then stop doing it. Women are not made of glass. If you tell a girl you don't want to see her anymore, she isn't going to fall apart and die. It may sting a little, but if we are in the "casual" stage, then we can move on a lot faster.

Good luck!

gonzofanmel
Msg: 36 (view)

Exhibition of exes pictures in a heart shaped frame
Posted: 8/11/2008 8:53:26 AM
I personally wouldn't care about it. Especially if the picture has been there a long time. When I'm in a relationship, I'm secure enough to know that whatever relics of the past may be around, it has nothing to do with the relationship he has with me now. It doesn't mean that I can't trust him or he doesn't care about me, or he has some secret longing in his heart for this other person.

I think most times people read too much into these things.

gonzofanmel

Where are my Glam Rockers?
Posted: 8/6/2008 8:27:23 AM
I'm more "Old School" Glam....

Bowie, T-Rex, Roxy Music, Brian Eno, Queen, Gary Glitter, etc.

I went through a serious 70's British Glam Phase in college. Even dressed as a glam rocker for a few years on Halloween--complete with knee high snakeskin boots, purple leather pants, blue wig, and a feather boa.

Most of the bands from the 80's that were derived from 70's glam bands also hold a special place in my heart. In fact, I'm going to see Poison, Dokken and Sebastian Bach next week.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 57 (view)

A potential partner with Alcohol issues.. is it worth the pain
Posted: 8/4/2008 10:17:30 AM
Speaking from personal experience. HELL NO. If the person in question was a recovering alcoholic and actively seeking help, then maybe. But an active alcoholic? Forget it. It's one of the most mentally and emotionally draining experiences ever. You'd be better off getting a plant.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 20 (view)

Should I tell my ex's parents shes a pathological liar?
Posted: 7/31/2008 11:17:14 AM
Should you tell her parents?

No. Because trust me, there is no way they would take your word over their own daughter's, no matter how many e-mails or messages you forwarded to them as proof. Most likely they would think you were a bitter psycho ex and just trying to cause trouble.

But I think you know by now that it's better to leave it alone.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 48 (view)

Would a man being a chef put you off dating him?
Posted: 7/30/2008 7:54:15 AM
Oh really?

Are you also going to put up with the varying hours and days with a lot of it occuring on weekends especially Friday and Saturday nights. How about his attitude when he gets off work?

How about the attitudes of mothers everywhere, who besides being cooks, are also on their feet 15 hours a day being coaches, babysitters, running households, and holding down full-or-part-time jobs? Most of them can't afford to be "tired as hell" and expect everyone around them to adjust to their moods. They have to be On On On nearly 24 hrs/day.

Is your job demanding? Absolutely. My eldest brother is a chef at a fancy hotel/restaurant in CA so I do know a little about it. But somehow he and his wife make it work.
My sister, on the other hand, is busy raising four kids, working full time, running a household, and still trying to find time to be with her fiancee. And quite frankly, I think her life is just as demanding as my brother, if not more so.

The point is, ALL relationships are demanding, regardless of profession. And despite how many hours you work or how hot it is, or how tired you are, you still have to be willing to make an effort if you are dating someone. And if you are willing to make that effort, than you can make it work in almost any given situation, no matter how difficult it is.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 57 (view)

Batman: The Dark Knight (movie)
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:21:24 AM
Could you imagine what Gary Oldman (from about 10-15 years ago) would have done with the Joker? In his "villain" prime (think mid 90's--Dracula, The Professional, True Romance, etc.), he would have taken this character to a level that would have given Ledger a run for his money.

It's still great to see him playing Gordon, though. I've had a mad crush on him since I was in college. (Oldman, that is...not Gordon).

gonzofanmel
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 7/24/2008 4:02:19 PM

There won't be a sequel with the Joker in it that's for sure, for the reason that no other actor can take his place.

I have to disagree on that. Ledger or no Ledger, the Joker is an icon that will outlast any actor who protrays him. I do agree that Ledger gave probably the best performance out of any actor who has portrayed him so far, but I'm sure there will be someone else somewhere along who can bring his own spin to this character and make it his own. It may take a few years before they can bring the character back, but he won't be gone forever. He is just too popular.

On a side note....I'm a little wary of people suddenly holding Ledger up to this "he was one of the greatest actors of our generation" status. (not just "Dark Knight" fans, but in general). And I'm not saying anyone on this forum has said or suggested that, BTW, but with all the media hype surrounding his death, I think people are getting a little carried away (think Curt Cobain, James Dean, etc). Ledger was a great actor who had the potential to be one of the greatest actors, but he wasn't quite there yet. I think he was just making that transition when his life was cut short.

Still was a great performance, though.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 36 (view)

What do yo do when man is busted by his wife?
Posted: 7/24/2008 10:46:36 AM

What do you do when you have spent time emailing and talking to man and his wife emails you and he is so busted?

I get my husband to call him back and threaten to kick his azz if he doesn't leave me alone. Then I go back online and find some other guys to date.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 18 (view)

My girlfriend still gets sad over ex..should i be concerned
Posted: 7/23/2008 12:07:04 PM
So you're girlfriend gets sad about her ex over a song. So what? It means she's not made of stone. I don't understand how people think that once you break up with someone, then you can never think or talk or r eminisc eabout them ever again. As if that person never existed, you aren't allowed to have any memory or have to pretend that person didn't make any impact in your life, and you can't share a single thing about them with the next person. Just because someone gets sentimental about a past relationship or love now and again doesn't mean they are waiting for that person to show up at their doorstep and sweep them off their feet, or that they are secretly still in love with that person and leaving some door open for that ex to walk back into their lives in the future.

I've been single for three years, and I'd rather have a red hot poker shoved up my crotch than EVER get back together with my ex, but there are still songs I hear once in a while that remind me of him. And I'm not afraid to get a little teary and share that information with a guy I'm dating IF he asks. Heck, most of the guys I date tell me about songs or things they did with their ex girlfriends and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Now, if the person you are with talked about their constantly from a day-to-day basis, constantly said things like "my ex used to say/do things like that," THEN I would be concerned. And the ex showing up at her doorstep? That would probably make me pause a bit and ask her about it. But don't just dump her outright like that. Unless you have a more concrete reason for not trusting her, you only make yourself look completely insecure.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 12 (view)

Define Classic Rock
Posted: 7/22/2008 10:19:40 AM
Any music that is 25 years old or more.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 32 (view)

Would you judge a guy as being a player if he drove a low rider?
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:21:01 PM
No....although I probably won't be able to get that damn song stuck out of my head now....

gonzofanmel

Going to your boyfriend's dad's funeral ???
Posted: 7/21/2008 10:04:39 AM
When my ex and I were together, he refused to go to my father's viewing or funeral. His reason? He had "more important things to do." Later he said it was because he doesn't like funerals and didn't know how to act. We got into a fight where he then accused me of being selfish and playing games. He was the first person I turned to for comfort when it happened, and I felt like he didn't care. He was too concerned with how he felt about being there. I was devastated. For me, it was the beginning of the end.
Trust me--you don't want to do this. Go to the viewing, hold his hand, hug him, tell him you are sorry, tell him you are there for him, talk to him quietly for a few moments, and then leave if you have to. At times like this, he NEEDS you there, even if he doesn't say it with words. It doesn't matter if you know the person who died; you know the person he left behind, and that person needs your support and love.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 21 (view)

HULK 2003 VS HULK 2008
Posted: 7/21/2008 9:19:28 AM
I don't know how anybody likes these silly types of movies.. A man who turns into a big, green killing machine?
Sorry no real pleasure in that for me, but then again most guys probably don't like most chick flicks- ah well, to each his own!!

Are you KIDDING? I for one LOVE these kind of movies---I went to the midnight IMAX premiere of "The Dark Knight." I was salivating for X-men, Spider Man, Batman, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and the Hulk films. I'm dying to see Watchmen when it comes out next year. Comic books are the modern mythology--it's a shame that it took so long for people to try and do these movies the RIGHT way (not always succeeding, mind you, but trying!). Trust me, you don't have to be a guy to appreciate this stuff. Most of those Julia Roberts/Hugh Grant/Meg Ryan type of chick flicks bore me to tears. I'll take a comic book film over that crap any day!

But The Hulk is a tricky guy. You want to make the monster realistic-looking, and for me, so far, they haven't done it. All of the Hulks in the films look like fake CGI characters. I found Lou Ferrigno more realistic.

And so far they haven't gotten the casting right. Liv Tyler as a scientist? Sorry, but I wasn't buying it!
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 14 (view)

Tell me this is not the norm
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:58:46 PM
OP,

She shouldn't have expected you to pay. Too many women have this sense of "entitlement" that isn't fair to the male gender.
ON THE OTHER HAND, if you had an issue with her, you should have just stated what the problem was. Not responding to her texts and avoiding her at the clubs reeks of childish avoidance. As a woman, I HATE it when a guy has a problem with me and is too chickens**t to tell me what it is. Like you, we are not mind readers. If you have a problem with her, TELL HER. Maybe she honestly doesn't see what she did as wrong.

Communication is key in any dating situation. Remember that.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 25 (view)

What would you be looking at the person you date first time?
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:49:36 PM
If this was meant as a joke few to none will see it that way.If it isn't meant as a joke ... this is all the women who are not like that,
around here, need to set male opinion on women back to where most of us
don't deserve!

OH PUHLEEZ.

Don't speak for all of the people on this thread. I'd like to think that people with a sense of humor, half a brain and thirty seconds of their time could click on my profile and see how "serious" my reply was. I'm not on here to try to prove anything to anyone. Some people take gender stereotypes way too seriously and need to lighten up. What's wrong with poking a little fun at them? If there are people on here who don't see it as a joke, screw 'em, 'cause we wouldn't get along anyway.

Now....which one of you fine upstanding men want to send your bank info my way?

gonzofanmel
Msg: 23 (view)

What would you be looking at the person you date first time?
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:26:56 AM
His wallet. Then his credit limit. Followed by his bank information.

Shopping spree, here I come!!

gonzofanmel

HULK 2003 VS HULK 2008
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:14:34 AM
They both sucked. The 2003 film was too cerebral--it felt like a three hour therapy session about two whiny people with daddy issues.

The 2008 film, though slightly better, was just plain silly. Yeah, like an army is going to blow up a college campus? Whatever. I'm not suspending my disbelief THAT much.

gonzofanmel

The girl or the job?
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:11:18 AM
THE JOB! THE JOB! SWEET LORD, CHOOSE THE JOB!!!

You have plenty of time to find the right one. How many chances will you have to get a dream job?

gonzofanmel

Dating a woman with an HIV+ child
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:34:01 AM
I never said there was no risk involved. Where did you get that from?

I spent five years volunteering for various AIDS charities around my area. And i learned a lot about HIV education and prevention. And the attitude you assume is exactly the kind of thing they tried to teach against. AIDS and HIV people do not have the plague. I'm not saying that if you choose not to date someone because their child is infected, it somehow makes you less of a person. I'm saying the "I would avoid that person like the plague because I might get infected" attitude is wrong, displays ignorance and prejudice. They deserve compassion and respect, not avoidance.

The only thing I would advise anyone who is faced with this situation is to get *thoroughly* educated about the subject--read as much as possible, don't fall for some of the generalizations that are out there-- so he or she can make an informed decision, and not have the knee-jerk reaction that most people have.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 7/18/2008 8:12:47 AM
Caught the midnight IMAX show.

Good stuff. Well written. ledger was great. But an Oscar nomination? Nah.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 5 (view)

Dating a woman with an HIV+ child
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:02:49 AM

No way jose i'd avoid her like the plague........

Thank goodness Brad and Angelina didn't feel this way when they adopted their little girl.

What amazes me is how ignorant people still are concerning HIV, and STD's in general. I still have friends who think that if you even share a beverage with someone who is HIV+, you can get infected too. HIV people are not lepers, nor should they be treated as such. They don't deserve to be shunned and treated as if they were an undesirable element. If you choose not to date or get involved with someone who has this virus, that's your choice, but having ignorant fears about the virus is no way to live, either.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 10 (view)

i dont get it
Posted: 7/17/2008 1:07:17 PM
Stop taking her back. Actions speak louder than words. You are a doormat. She used you, got what she wanted, got bored with you, then ran away. Wash, rinse and repeat. How many times are you going to let her hurt you before you wake up? All the love in the world isn't going to change this woman. Ten to one she will be back begging for another chance. Well, don't give her one, unless you want to go through the same crap again.

Fool you once, shame on her. Fool you twice, shame on you. But three times? Therapy. Lots of it. STAT!
 gonzofanmel

Not Ready For Marriage
Posted: 7/15/2008 12:59:12 PM
If I was with a guy and he asked me to marry him and I said I wasn't ready, I wouldn't expect him to wait around until I changed my mind. I would leave it up to him whether or not he wanted to go or stay. It would hurt if he went, but better that than staying and growing to resent me if we weren't on the same page. And quite frankly, I would be pissed off and kick any man to the curb who tried to pressure me or give me some kind of "marry me or I'm gone" ultimatum.

Marriage is something that both parties should agree to..one person shouldn't feel forced to do it because it's expected. If someone is buying a ring, he or she should make damn sure that the other person is 100% for getting married first. I for one am always up-front from the get-go that I am not into settling down anytime soon. If anyone hears that and then expects me to change my mind, then he is in for a pretty bad dating situation.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 22 (view)

22 and still single. Bad?
Posted: 7/15/2008 8:43:19 AM
Some girls in your age range are idiots. They think that if you haven't been madly in love 20 gazillion times then there's something wrong with you. They don't understand that it is possible to be young and SINGLE. Some girls think that having a boyfriend is the be-and-end-all of their existence, and if they don't have one then they are doomed to a life of eternal spinsterhood.

You shouldn't worry so much. I was 20 before I went on my frist date and 27 before I had my first boyfriend. You may just be a late bloomer like some of us. Relax, take your time, and have fun. Don't think that you have to have a girlfriend and/or a long dating history to prove how desirable you are.

Show ALL Forums