Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Assisted suicide - the right to die with dignity
 HaloKitty
Msg: 105 (view)

Assisted suicide - the right to die with dignity
Posted: 3/13/2013 6:05:44 PM
I disagree with giving mentally ill patients the opportunity to suicide. At what point do you say that therapy (CBT, ECT, pharmaco, etc.) hasn't worked? What if someone doesn't want to try ECT, believing that it won't help them, should they be allowed to suicide? These people are ill and yes, sometimes, in rare cases, their disorders are resistant to treatment - but there's a key word in there: resistant. Someone with amytrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is not 'resistant to treatment'; there is no treatment. It's final and it only gets worse as the disease progresses. Bipolar I, II, personality disorders, depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer dementia, etc. etc. can be managed and people can come back into their 'right minds.' Someone that is in the depths of a major depressive episode does not, in my opinion, have the faculties to agree to assisted suicide when if they disease was under better control they may be horribly AGAINST suicide from a moral or religious point of view.

That's the main issue, for me, with saying that mentally ill patients should be given assisted suicide. These people are not within their right minds, they are not able to make judgment calls like that whereas a patient with stage V kidney failure who is on dialysis 3x a week, has had a failed transplant, maybe has had polyomavirus making subsequent transplants not advisable, who is looking at dying eventually from either cardiac arrest (best case scenario) or systemic shock, etc. is in their right mind to say "ok, let's end it now. Enough of this B.S."

People with intractable, end-of-life diseases (excluding psychiatric diseases) should be allowed the option of physician-assisted suicide. It's the only humane thing, in my opinion. I wouldn't want to watch my parents suffer if they didn't want to continue on living. What a horrible, helpless, feeling.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 5 (view)

My cat
Posted: 2/23/2013 4:43:12 PM

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

~Author Unknown
 HaloKitty
Msg: 12 (view)

Oh Good Lord... Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/10/2013 6:42:01 PM
Just another day, always has been, always will be. To those who enjoy it - Happy Valentine Day.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 143 (view)

Does anyone believe or seen a Ghost??
Posted: 1/28/2013 4:21:21 AM
Between the ages of 9-15 I saw things I can't explain and experienced things I can't comprehend. Despite staring face-to-face with what I at the time perceived as evil and having it gone in the blink of an eye, I'd still consider myself a skeptic. There are too many variables in most stories and nothing can account for what you HOPE you saw or what you THINK you experienced. The power of the mind is incredible. Like religion, hard evidence is needed for me before I'll believe anything, even if I've "seen" things with my own eyes.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 23 (view)

What's the best video game out
Posted: 1/10/2013 1:39:49 AM
If you liked FFX then give FFXIII a try (FFX-2 kind of sucked). It's got a pretty interesting story and the main character (Lightning) is one of the more interesting FF characters I've played.

You might like Fable 2 and Fable 3. The first was too short of a game for me, and the 3rd is almost there. It's a fun game either way and allows you to choose your own fate, either good or bad, or maybe a mix of both. It takes about 15 hours or so to play straight through, but the re-playability is pretty high because there are side quests you can do and you can get into the gambling and relationships and whatnot.

Definitely get caught up with the Halo games, but skip ODST. I'd even say skip Reach, too, but it wasn't THAT bad. 3 was the best, and 4 is actually pretty darn decent. Infinity (multiplayer) is fun, though I'm still unsure if I like the load outs (similar to COD) as they kind of take away the 'skill' aspect for me.

Cheers!
 HaloKitty
Msg: 17 (view)

Pet Advice
Posted: 1/7/2013 10:34:17 PM
Another word of dog wisdom: The puggle in itself is a breed mix that should never happen. Short-nosed dogs like pugs should never be mixed with high-energy breeds like beagles. If you're lucky, you end up with a longish-nosed dog with a lowish activity level, but you could end up with the opposite which could - and in many cases does lead to severe problems in the dog. Sadly, many self-proclaimed "dog lovers" don't really give a damn about the animals' sufferings as long as they look "cute." It's a despicable attitude that is anything but true love for dogs.

Bingo. The short-nosed thing is also a reason why some breeders of "Old" English bulldogs are starting to breed specifically for longer snouts, since the squished, flat faces of the well known style is so hazardous to the dog's health and causes truly unnecessary stress.

The mixing of breeds without thought given to what the purpose of each breed is what leads to so many problems in "designer" dogs.

OP, there's much more to owning a dog than just owning a cute little creature. I love my Labrador, but I would never have gotten her if I don't also use her for her breed's intended purpose: hunting. I would have gotten another papillon, which is a lovely companion dog who has long-since been bred out of its original purpose as a terrier-type dog.

I'm disheartened to hear you won't do what's right for your dog and only hope she has an easy pregnancy and swift welping.
 HaloKitty

Pet Advice
Posted: 1/7/2013 2:57:39 AM
Fellow dog-crazy lady, I will also add in my $0.02 to those saying an abortion injection. Many reasons for this: I'm assuming you didn't breed the "Puggle" (aka mixed-breed) yourself and it's unlikely to have come from anyone with even an ounce of breeding know-how and genetic understanding therefore any number of genetic abnormalities could be lurking inside her DNA. You also don't know who the sire is, and what his make-up is, which also adds to the 'mystery.' Are you willing to hand over puppies that you cannot guarantee are 100% healthy (or at least be able to disclose potential risk factors)? Would you be able to have that on your conscience? What happens if those puppies are born deformed, or with serious complications such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, etc? Sometimes this can lead (in severe cases) to surgical replacement of the joints, costing thousands of dollars, and if not that then potentially hundreds in pain medication as the dogs age. This isn't, of course, including any neurological issues the dogs might have from unknown genetic causes or other health problems like heart murmurs, diabetes, etc.

Another significant concern, as has been stated, is that with not knowing who the sire is, the pups could grow far too large for the bitch's pelvis and she either won't be able to naturally deliver and potentially die during the delivery OR you could be looking at a rather costly veterinary bill to have a cesarean section performed on her, which she likely will recover from but there's always a risk that she won't.

Lastly, while she is physically mature, 14 months old is not a terribly old age for a dog to be delivering pups and sometimes the bitches don't form a bond with the pups. Are you prepared to nurse the pups every 2 hours, day/night, if she rejects them?

All in all, if it were my dog she would have been spayed first, but ignoring that fact, an abortion is the most reasonable and responsible thing to do. There are simply way too many unplanned litters being welped and far too many good dogs end up in the shelters and end up being euthanized for the sake of someone before them wanting a cute dog out of one they already had. Mixing breeds with no care or knowledge of hereditary traits, etc., is also, in my opinion, irresponsible (both in pure breds and 'back yard breeders') and perpetuates the problem of too many dogs and not enough homes.

I love my dog with all my heart; she's my best friend and the thought of having to potentially abort pups from a creature I love would likely leave me very conflicted but in the end, it would be the best option both for myself and the dog.

Do what's right by her and abort the pregnancy (if she is indeed pregnant) and then get her spayed.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 10 (view)

Call of Duty:Black Ops 2
Posted: 11/2/2012 3:17:06 PM
I'm not so sure it's going to be the greatest COD of all time. I'm a little tired of it more so than I am with the Halo franchise (Halo 4, by the way, comes out before COD:BO2, heh). And trust me, I'm confused as to how the heck MC can be back after he was lost in space. I'm not 100% 343 Studios has adequately explained that in their marketing campaign, at least not for me. I was happy (ok, a little sad) that MC was MIA at the end of Halo 3. And I thought ODST and Reach were mediocre games at best. I'm not getting too excited for Halo 4 just yet.

It would be nice to have another big hit game with an original concept, rather than sequels riding on the coattails of their original predecessors.

I feel the same way with the Fable franchise, too. Loved 2 and 3 (especially 3), but the latest incarnations of the game (especially Fable: The Journey, as Fable: Heroes doesn't count in my books) have been lacking the same spark that 2 and 3 had. Even 3 was losing it with the main storyline being so short (I ran through it in under 4 hours).

"Username_Withheld" - I don't think your suggestion is valid since some people looking to date also play video games, and some people who play games also want to date. We gamers aren't the 'holed up in your mom's basement dressed as the coolest dwarf ever to play D&D while guzzling Mountain Dew and lounging around in sweatpants." In case you were unaware, the gaming industry has exploded in the past 2 decades, and release dates for some game titles rival the release dates of some of the 'hottest' movies.

The rest of the comments about putting down controllers and enlisting are short-sighted, at best. The same could be said for anyone who enjoys watching war-themed movies. I like FPS, but that doesn't mean I want to pick up a gun and put my life in danger in the real world. I'm not that cool. I'll leave that to the men and women much braver than I, and I will give them my utmost respect for doing what I know I cannot do. Just because I know I don't "have it" in me to actually be involved in combat does not mean I have no right to play video games of that theme.

Oh, on a side note: Of the guys I've dated, the gamers were the ones who had the better manual skills and better coordination, which counts a lot in the bedroom in my books. Gamers get laid just as often as "regular" folk. Not so sure what the discrimination is all about when the industry is so huge and pretty mainstream these days.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 6 (view)

Bullied teen leaves behind chilling video
Posted: 10/12/2012 8:39:37 PM
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
 Halokitty
Msg: 2 (view)

Living on Less
Posted: 10/2/2012 5:56:07 PM
The job I worked at for 6 years is undergoing outsourcing by the government (I was a government employee in the health field). I decided I should go back to school and choose a different career path because working for the outsourcing company (as I do now) pays me 1/4 of what I used to make. Because the only universities in Western Canada that offer the program I want to take (respiratory therapy) are in Calgary or Kamloops, and because I'm from Kamloops, I moved 400 km back home. Yes, I'm 27 and I live with my parents again (yay...not) in a 156 sq ft bedroom. I was eligible for a pension pay out (lump sum) and once that cheque clears (tomorrow), all of my outstanding debts (car loan, specifically) will be paid and I'll be debt-free. I still make 1/4 of what I used to make, though, so it's impossible for me to move out on my own again. I'm upgrading my high school courses right now so I can qualify for the RT program in 2014. I was hoping for 2013, but some horrible family stuff happened during the beginning of the year (grandfather was diagnosed with cancer in March, travelled back to see him in June, came back to BC and then he went downhill, raced back to see him but didn't get there in time as he passed away on July 7, were there for 2 weeks for the funeral and all the other stuff) that has pushed my schooling back a bit.

It's not ideal living at home, trying to work and study at home, with my parents, especially when I live in a city I hate. I'm waiting for the day when I'll wake up and be OK with this, but 8 months in and I'm still not there. I still have days where all I want to do is cry because I feel like a total failure. Then there are days when I feel modestly ok with life. I get more of the former though than the latter.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 24 (view)

How about a Kamloops Meet and Greet?
Posted: 9/27/2012 9:34:48 PM
I've been here! I just don't post much. Back to living in Kamloops =( So boring here.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 22 (view)

Recent Fad: stay-at-home moms drink wine while minding kids / Naptime is the new Happy Hour!
Posted: 9/27/2012 8:54:34 PM
Gashlycrumb_Briny, I agree, stay-at-home moms should not have access to liquor or the internet. Both tend to distract from looking after the kids properly. One way that moms could look after their kids & interact with them, & still have fun, is to read them stories from Edward Gorey's books & explain the illustrations.

To pescando75 & his fellow libertarians... I'm merely advocating good parenting skills, in the hopes that children will be spared needless trauma, & not have to witness arguments when the head of the household comes home & finds his wife inebriated & supper not ready.

And there it is folks. Silly little women drinking and not minding their place or seeing that the "head of the household" isn't properly doted upon.

Sorry OP, I was trying to take you seriously and really honestly considering your thread, but I can't now. I concur with whoever said that people like you and the government should stay the heck out of our living rooms.

Also, Edward Gorey? Really? You think that's appropriate literature to be reading to children? Now I'm trying to decide whether or not you're a troll.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 22 (view)

How about a Kamloops Meet and Greet?
Posted: 9/27/2012 8:46:14 PM
I remember Zack's and playing rock trivia.

My god, I was so young back then. What the hell happened? :-(
 HaloKitty

How would you feel about a guy after a activity date where
Posted: 9/22/2012 12:37:25 AM
Maybe this is just a 'stereotypical fat girl response', but that all sounds incredibly superficial and one-dimensional. Oh, I know, I know, looks aren't everything but they are relatively important for initial attraction; no one ever walks by someone and thinks "damn, they look like they have nice morals!" but it seems incredibly shallow for, in this situation, a woman to consider not being attracted to someone based on the fact that a very fit and muscular man wasn't Adonis.

Again, maybe it's just the typical fat girl comment, but what're you going to do, eh?
 HaloKitty
Msg: 18 (view)

Why is it ok for a Canadian film maker to slag of fallen soldiers
Posted: 8/31/2012 10:05:28 PM
Why is it ok? The simple answer is: It isn't okay. It is never, ever ok to 'slag' a soldier, fallen or otherwise, except when their actions merit it (example being Russel Williams here in Canada). Disagree with war, disagree with the reasons for war, disagree with the reasons why someone is fighting, but not the soldier. Not many people would say they are willing to die for a cause they believe in; right or wrong. I don't have a cause I'd die for. My list of people I'd take a bullet for is extremely short. Yet there are people out there who do have a cause they would die for and would take a bullet for me. They deserve nothing but my respect until their behaviors say otherwise.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 655 (view)

do men actually like curvy women vs the skinny pencil one?
Posted: 8/30/2012 8:14:58 PM

without reading the twenty some odd pages of responses - and i'm sure it's already been mentioned. the terms used are relative to the individual. words like curvy, plus size, bbw all translate to a guy as you're overweight and can't/wont admit it. it's fat. (period) just a matter of how much fat a guy likes on his lady. personally i would prefer the thinner of the two.

AMEN
 HaloKitty
Msg: 6 (view)

dangers of riding without a helmet
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:28:58 PM
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
 HaloKitty
Msg: 38 (view)

Causing a war against type 1 and 2 diabetics.
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:26:27 PM
Nevermind. It ain't worth it.

Armchair physicians.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2012 7:51:44 PM

You are missing the point. How much sugar did he consume daily prior to becoming type II? I've seen guys like that who drink a few cokes a day. Gotta cut that kind of stuff out as we get older.

I'm not missing the point at all. I don't feel the need to divulge my cousin's food habits except to say that he very rarely ever consumes refined sugar. They live in an town of 2000 people 3 hours away from any larger city. A 12-can case of Coke is $12. A chocolate bar is $3. Junk food is not and never has been part of their diet; that goes for that whole side of the family. On the rarest of occasions do they consume sugary drinks or sweets (birthday parties, Christmas, Easter, generally). They all live relatively healthy lifestyles with only 1 uncle being a smoker. There is no fast food restaurant for 3 hours in every direction, no pizza place in town, not even a donut shop. His carbohydrate consumption has always come from bread, potatoes, etc. and while to a normal person perhaps it is to excess, given the fact that he is highly active I hardly see it as being the causative factor.

The point of the OP, however, wasn't about how much sugar someone ate, but that everyone with type 2 diabetes is overweight , who "eat crap", and who "sit on their backsides all day." I didn't miss the point at all, in fact I was disproving that point. Not everyone with type 2 diabetes eats poorly, is overweight, or is inactive. My cousin is proof of that.

If anything, between the two of us, I should be the one with type 2 diabetes. I'm overweight, consume far too much pop (although I've significantly cut back from 1 can a day to zero), am relatively inactive with a desk job, already have insulin resistance, and admittedly don't eat as many vegetables as I should or as I'd like (I don't consume bread or most grain products, however, because I believe I have a gluten sensitivity). I haven't, it should be noted, seen the inside of a fast food joint in over a year, either. I'm more at risk for type 2 than my cousin and yet he's the one who developed it.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 8/16/2012 3:23:22 PM
As has been said before, not all people with type 2 diabetes are overweight. My cousin, for example, is type 2. He's 6'4, weighs somewhere around 190-195. He works as a jack-of-all-trades type person; doing roofing, construction work, cement laying, etc. Is in great physical shape. Doesn't eat to excess, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke. Not exactly the person you'd expect to have type 2 diabetes, but he does.

Deal with the trash in your own back yard before pointing out the piles in your neighbor's.
 HaloKitty

dangers of riding without a helmet
Posted: 8/16/2012 12:43:48 PM
Sympathy for the children and the wife. No sympathy for the deceased. I'm sure he was a loving father and all that, but stupid is as stupid does.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 3 (view)

my ataxia/cerabal palsey
Posted: 8/5/2012 7:38:50 PM
When dealing with herbal medicine it's even more important than with Western medicine to talk to an educated person in the field. It sounds like you potentially need to talk to a naturopath.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 9 (view)

Are there too many red flags?
Posted: 7/31/2012 9:47:59 PM
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
 HaloKitty

is it this hard to find someone
Posted: 7/17/2012 12:10:27 PM
It's not just the women. I can go months without an e-mail, and none of mine are ever replied to. Been here on/off since 2004. Have met some guys, but nothing long term.
 HaloKitty

Are there too many red flags?
Posted: 7/17/2012 11:24:05 AM
1 - Good sex is important but it shouldn't (in my opinion) be the foundation of a relationship because in life sometimes things happen that cause the sex to either temporarily go downhill or permanently. Hormones, illness, etc. So, she's right - good sex is important.

2 - She likely shared that she has tried it because whenever I, personally, am asked by a guy if I'm willing to do it and I tell them no, their first response is "well have you even tried it?" It's like many things related to sex with me, most things do not give me pleasure and when I comment on that, the response is always (ALWAYS) "well, you weren't with the right guy, I can do it better." She has tried it with other people, YOU are too big for her. Maybe she's been with someone else your size and knows that it's too big and she doesn't like it. Why would she try it with you when she's already tried a comparable size?

3 - Some girls do equate the bad boy attitude with confidence; sometimes the media does portray the bad boys as the more desirable because they exude more classical portrayals of masculinity. I know myself I like the rough and tumble men, men who act like men and not like effeminate cheap versions of women. Sometimes having a 'take what you want' attitude is confidence and other times it's douchebaggery. Girls need to learn to see which one a certain man is, though.

4 - If you mean 'hanging out' as in just having fun and enjoying the company, I hardly see what's wrong with that. Has she given you any reason to doubt her faithfulness because if not, it sounds like you have an issue with trust. So, she screwed the guy - you didn't expect her to be a virgin, did you? Unless she's given you any hint that her intentions with this guy are anything beyond friends, leave what happened in the past, in the past.

5 - Again, this is something that happened in the past. Unless she's meeting up with this guy in the here and now, what exactly are you concerned about? She's gossiping with her sister like girls do. I couldn't do it with mine because my sister has vastly different morals than I do and my parents side with her in that regard, but if I could, I probably would girltalk with her about my "exploits." Maybe doing it in front of my current man (if I had one) would be a bit of a social faux pas, but I'd have to feel that out. She's with you, she's just talking about him. Unless, like I said, she's going to meet up with him or whatever, what are you upset over? That she had partners before you?

6 - A lot of girls. Hell, I've been dumped after 3 days because I refused to have sex with the guy that fast - and I've told OTHER guys that too, so they have a heads up. She's letting you know where she stands on sex and that you won't be waiting forever for it. Most guys in you position would thank the heavens.

7 - Ever think she used him? She was moving, maybe she didn't have a place to stay. It's not out of the realm of impossibilities that the place she was moving into wasn't quite ready for her. When I was growing up, we lived in an RV for 6 weeks because the house we bought wasn't going to be vacant by the time we moved out of the house we sold. And why is that whenever a girl in this situation (or similar) puts out, she's the one automatically being used? It's similar to talking about women who 'climb' the corporate ladder by sleeping their way to the top. People always suggest they were used, but why is that? They got what they wanted, the men got what they wanted. Who is used? It doesn't sound, to me, like this woman was used. Unless, of course, she believed there would be feelings there and a romance after that. If she went into it knowing and wanting to have sex with him in exchange for a place to crash for the night - she got what she wanted, he got what he wanted. Both parties are happy, no?

8 - So? You talk about this like it's some sort of global anomaly.

9 - So?! She's FOURTY! You realize that the older a woman gets the likelihood of developmental disorders and genetic deformities becomes greater? She has two kids already, and you're commenting that now that she's in her 40s (and her children are likely in their mid-teens) it's a bad thing that she doesn't want to have a baby with you?

10 - Sounds like someone's a bit jealous. They're her friends. Unless they're shoving their tongues down her throat or gripping her between the legs, exactly what is the problem here? A hug and a peck is not something I'd be worried about. Did you expect a woman with a social circle like hers to suddenly turn away from them and focus all of her attentions on you? Have no friends but you?

11 - And the problem with this is what? Are they on good terms? Did they separate amicably? If so - what's the problem? I walk into my friend's house too if I know they're home. Heck, in the small town I'm in currently for a while, everyone just walks into everyone else's house if they've come to visit, rather than waiting at the door. Sometimes it's easier to pick up after people than it is to argue that they should pick it up. Or, maybe she doesn't mind doing it.

12 - Wow, she has a huge tattoo and a bunch of piercings. You didn't notice this when you started to fall for her - or were they taken out for work? If they were there, what exactly is the problem with them? Who said anything about a tattoo on the back being for anyone's viewing pleasure. Most people get tattoos that have meaning to them, sometimes the nicest placement for them is on the back. It doesn't mean they're there for someone else's viewing pleasure. They're for hers - they're imbedded on HER back, not on a piece of canvas. If you didn't want to go out with a woman with tattoos and piercings, you probably shouldn't have gone out with her (if you knew she had them already).

13 - It happened - she was a reckless youth - she acknowledges that. Why are you holding it against her? She didn't meet you at a bar, did she? It's in the past, let it stay there. We all make mistakes, if we didn't, we would never learn anything.

Frankly, I see a lot of red flags FROM YOU. If I were her, I'd run as far and as fast as I could. You even dare say she was a slut? And you want a relationship with this girl? I would never, ever, ever be in a relationship with a guy who ever even THOUGHT about calling me a "slut." That is a huge indicator to me that you have no respect for her as a person.

You complain that she's had these partners before you, that she has 2 children, she's in her 40s and doesn't want any more (not JUST any kids from you - but no more kids period), etc. etc. You hold all this stuff against her, acting like she should be some monument to chastity and virtue when you probably knew going into it that she wasn't.

You sound like you have control issues, trust issues, and jealousy issues. Those are YOUR issues, not hers. Unless she was going around dry humping people in the bar, or out with friends, you're making mountains out of molehills.

I would prefer it, if I were the girl in this scenario, if you dumped me. I would not want to be around a man like you that holds things that happened in the past and personal choices regarding my body (kids) against me. I don't need that type of toxic relationship in my life and I'm willing to bet she doesn't either.

Also, if you're offended by this post of mine that's also your problem. First lesson of the internet: Don't post stuff online unless you're expecting to have responses that may not agree with you.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 21 (view)

My 3 questions on tattoo's...
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:09:36 AM
I have 2 right now. Two small dog paws on either side of my chest, just below my shoulders. I got them because I was terrified of needles and figured it'd be a good way to get over that fear (it wasn't, I was still scared of them for years afterwards) and the second reason was because I love dogs - if I could, I'd be the crazy dog lady.

The tattoo I'm planning on getting soon is one I wanted done earlier so my grandfather could see it. Unfortunately, he passed away on the 7th. It's a canary, as both he and my maternal grandfather were underground miners for a time, with 2 hearts by its beak (for my grandfathers). I'm trying now to incorporate a fish somehow into the outline of the bird as both grandfathers loved to fish. It will be going on my right shoulder and yes, I expect it's going to hurt quite a bit.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 36 (view)

Dog Park Pet Peeves?
Posted: 6/27/2012 1:29:29 PM

No kids in a dog park? That is like saying there can't be any limes with Corona Beer, like saying that you can't put cheese on a burger, like saying that you can't put mustard on a hot dog.......... get the point? Kids and dogs go together like peanut butter and jelly, like tequila and salt and limes...............

No, they don't. Your kid with YOUR dog is one thing, your kid with a STRANGE dog is another thing. Not -all- dogs like kids, understand kids, or have been around kids much. Children behave, act, and move differently than adults. They are unpredictable and there is little reason behind their motives. As such, some dogs cannot accurately judge what a child is doing or going to do, like they can with an adult. A dog that has not been around children much and is suddenly being chased or mauled by an over-eager 4-year-old who wrestles with the family's black Lab may behave unexpectedly i.e. the dog may bite out of fear, surprise, or an attempt to "control" the child.

My chocolate Lab is a lovely dog, but she's never been exposed to kids all that much since I have none and none of my friends have them either. Would I feel comfortable letting a toddler or a 5 or 6 year old play with her? No. Not because I think my dog is vicious, but because she's never been exposed to them in much length and has no experience in what kids are all about.

I have no problem with OLDER children (10 years +) in a dog park, I have issues with toddlers and younger kids being allowed in to wander around, roll in the grass, etc.

I don't even like them coming after my Papillon, who HAS been exposed consistently to children when my mom had a daycare in her house. She has teeny, tiny little legs that could be easily broken by a child who does not know how to play with a small dog.

So no, kids and dogs do NOT go together like peanut butter and jam, or anything else you want to throw up there.

Your kid and your dog is entirely different than your child and a STRANGE dog, regardless of whether they're at the park or on the side walk.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 74 (view)

Profile Phrases or Key Words That Make You Cautious
Posted: 6/24/2012 12:42:03 AM
Nah, they don't make me cautious. I 'goaste' them every time ;) Eventually they'll learn.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 4 (view)

a question for tattoo artists re reckless young clients
Posted: 6/23/2012 1:06:48 PM
Maybe it was her brother's name, or the name of her best friend who passed away? The OP's post gives no indication that the name was actually related to an ex-boyfriend.

As for people who do get the names of ex-lovers/favorite bands/etc. stamped on them for eternity, that's their choice. It wouldn't be something I would do, but that's my choice. Maybe for them, it's the right thing to do - and even if it isn't and they regret it, I'm not the one that has to live with it so I don't really care what someone does with their body.

If it were my daughter, and she was of age, I'd try to talk to her about why she felt this was important to have on her for the rest of her life, but ultimately the decision would be hers to make.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 72 (view)

Profile Phrases or Key Words That Make You Cautious
Posted: 6/22/2012 8:34:55 PM
Basically any profile that contains "male" makes me cautious LOL
 HaloKitty
Msg: 32 (view)

Dog Park Pet Peeves?
Posted: 6/22/2012 5:39:18 PM
When I used to take my dog to the park these were my pet peeves:

1 - People bringing kids as young as 18 months and letting them frollick around on the grass. First - ew. You do know what the dogs do on the grass young Timmy is rolling on, right? Second, most of the dogs were big dogs. Most of them played rough (but mostly not aggressively). Most ran and chased each other. Do you really want 70 lbs of muscle racing towards your toddler? (My dog knocked over a child who had JUST learned to walk. His mother had allowed him to walk AHEAD of the stroller. I didn't see him when I was walking up behind the group, my dog bolted through them and ran smack into the kid. I felt bad on the one hand, and thankful he wasn't hurt, but that was entirely his mother's fault). People who bring kids and then get ANGRY!! at you when their child is bumped or knocked over. I don't take my dog to a kid's park and complain about your kids mauling my pet, why the hell do you bring your children to a dog park!?

2 - People who bring FOOD/DRINKS. Oh. My. God. How stupid can you be to bring food or drinks to the park? Don't be surprised if that sh*t gets knocked out of your hands by the less polite dogs. Further, bringing food COULD incite a fight. It's even worse when it's a young child holding food. I just cringe and leave the park.

3 - People who are AFRAID of dogs but still walk around the park. Where I used to live, there were 2 women who were terrified of dogs. One was an older woman who was just petrified of dogs, but she walked around the park all the time and freaked out whenever a dog came up to her. My dog, who is friendly, came up to her wanting to play and after I realized what she was all about, I just stopped calling my dog away from her. You want to be stupid enough to be scared of dogs but still walk around their fenced-in dog park, I'm not calling my dog away from you. So sorry.

4 - People who bring clearly aggressive dogs (regardless of breed) and refuse to acknowledge when their dog is crossing the line and then get angry when I remove my dog from the situation. Learn to read your dog's signals.

5 - People who have not trained their dogs in any way. My dog is whistle trained (b/c of the hunting we do with her) and it always amused me how people at the park were in awe, truly in awe, that she sat, laid down, or came back to me with a few blows on the whistle, as though it were magic. These people would then spend 15 minutes screaming, waving their arms, cajoling, and bribing their dogs back when they wanted to leave the park. I'm not saying I've never had to chase my dog down; she's only 2 and still very easily distracted and she is a very stubborn dog, but I don't spend 20 minutes screaming at the top of my lungs, either. I know usually beforehand if she's going to give me issues when it's time to leave, usually by her unwillingness to listen to a command, and if that's the case, we leave before it progresses to her running off and looking back at me like "up yours, I'm not coming back."

I don't frequent parks anymore, and especially not the one where I currently live as the ignorant idiots HAVE called the SPCA on my family twice for using our whistles ('silent whistles'). Apparently, according to the idiots that reported us, it's inhumane not to use the dog's name to yell at them from across the park while 10 other people are also screaming for their dogs. It's more hassle than it's worth, so I just take them up to the bush and they run free there, without the idiots.
 HaloKitty
Msg: 80 (view)

SEX NOISES
Posted: 6/15/2012 1:43:48 PM

disgusting suction noises like a plunger just working the hell out of a clogged toilet.

lol that's definitely what every woman wants to hear; that sex with them sounds like a plunger unclogging a toilet.

How romantic. lmao
 LadyO_
Msg: 7 (view)

Fired For Being Too Busty
Posted: 5/22/2012 1:20:53 PM
I don't care what she was wearing - to allegedly make your employee wear a bathrobe at work, or suggest buying a sweater that goes to her knees - that's going too far, in my opinion. Maybe they should have discussed it more maturely, maybe she was wearing something too revealing, but the humiliation is where I draw the line there.
 LadyO_

Pantyhose Day!
Posted: 5/1/2012 12:23:43 AM
*repeats to herself* be nice, be nice, be nice, be nice, be nice, be nice...
 LadyO_
Msg: 15 (view)

Osteoporosis
Posted: 4/28/2012 5:14:39 PM
From what I've heard and read so far, is that milk is treated like an acid in the body, raising the pH. Calcium is used as a base to balance out the pH again and the quickest source of calcium the body finds is in the bones, thus depleting calcium from the bones leading to osteoporosis.

Again, though, I'm not 100% sold on this. I don't drink milk simply because I don't like the taste of it and for some ethical reasons not totally related to health. lol

I wouldn't necessarily believe a doctor that says JUST that - I'd like some research to back up WHY being an older Caucasian woman causes you to be more prone to osteoporosis.
 LadyO_
Msg: 13 (view)

Osteoporosis
Posted: 4/28/2012 4:06:29 PM
I have heard that bovine milk consumption has a lot to do with the development of osteoporosis, as backwards as that seems to sound.

I've been reading studies on it, but I'm not 100% convinced yet. Any thoughts?
 LadyO_

normally 1 in 3 messages get responded to - True?
Posted: 4/28/2012 4:03:36 PM
I'm averaging a 0% response rate when I send messages, so I stopped sending them years ago.
 LadyO_

Quadruple Bypass Burgers?
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:13:29 AM

Next up, pizzas with crusts lined with burger..........:-)

You mean, like this?
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/pizzaburgercrown.jpg
 LadyO_
Msg: 28 (view)

What does the lower mainland have to offer?
Posted: 4/23/2012 7:27:42 PM
Mon Cherie, I grew up here (more or less, moved here at age 15, grew up in Logan Lake, not far away from here) and didn't really like it before I moved away. It's too dry (I haven't had a good night's sleep since moving back and I had trouble sleeping while I lived here before), it's too small, there aren't enough jobs (or any jobs for me, actually), too many ultra rednecks (I'm a bit of a redneck; love to hunt, fish, etc but some of the people here ..O_O... that's all I can say), too many people my age acting like they live someplace they don't (Vancouver), too many wannabe barstars (worse than actual barstars), etc. It kind of sucks when you're blowing chunks at 4 a.m. and there isn't a drug store open 24 hours to get some Gravol from.

The only reason I'm here is because after the lay offs where I worked, I wouldn't have been able to afford living in Surrey AND even if I could, the only university in B.C. that offers the Respiratory Therapy program is here at TRU. I'm mucho grateful to my parents for accepting me back at home, but it is not where I want to be.

I will say that the ONE saving grace is that I do like the ability to drive 10 minutes to the bush to take the dog training or hiking and no one bats an eye if I fire off blanks while doing so. Do that in Surrey and see how fast the police show up (3 minutes....don't ask).
 LadyO_
Msg: 184 (view)

People who hate cats -- why?
Posted: 4/23/2012 7:21:09 PM
I don't hate cats, I just don't like them all that much. I'm allergic to most I come across with the exception of my sister's temperamental tabby who refuses to be pet by just about anyone.

Generally speaking, I see them as little more than decoration more often than not. For me, they're not really a pet or a companion. Obviously, they are to others and that's ok.

And yes, I had cats growing up, before I became allergic to them. We had an orange cat named Ginger, barn cat, who was a sweet cat, and we raised up the litter of kittens she had, found them good homes, etc. I've just always been more drawn to and associated myself more often with dogs.
 LadyO_
Msg: 23 (view)

What does the lower mainland have to offer?
Posted: 4/22/2012 5:07:53 PM
I moved away from the LM at the end of February, back to Kamloops, and I miss it every. single. damn. day.

Yes it's expensive.
Yes there's a lot of crime in places.
Yes there are a lot of yuppies.
Yes there's a ton of rain.

But I still miss it. It was home for me.. Kamloops isn't "home"..it's just where I happen to live for now.
 Halokitty
Msg: 64 (view)

SEX NOISES
Posted: 4/16/2012 6:24:38 PM
No noises here; unless the muffling through the gag counts.
 Halokitty
Msg: 42 (view)

Women in their 20's hit on by men in their 40's.
Posted: 4/8/2012 2:45:14 PM
You know, I wouldn't mind being hit on by an older gentleman. As it is now, I don't get hit on ever. So maybe experiencing it once in a while would be nice - just to feel, you know, like I'm not horrendously unattractive. Even if it doesn't mean anything, it's still nice.

As the old saying goes, you don't know what you have until it's gone. Maybe one day no one will flirt with you, then you'll be wishing they would.
 Halokitty
Msg: 27 (view)

What was...?
Posted: 4/5/2012 5:37:25 AM

Oh, and I regret renting HERO and then burning it to a dvd.
What a crappy movie that was

Wow - that was a long time ago lol Haven't used that name in eons.

Currently, I regret buying my car, but I'm stuck with it for another 4 years (7 year loan *sigh*).
 Halokitty
Msg: 26 (view)

teenagers going vegan
Posted: 4/2/2012 8:32:43 PM

The idea of introducing them to PETA is an excellent idea. Their website has tons of fabulous info including links to a proper vegan diet than can keep them very healthy and happy. This way it doesn't come from the parents.....it comes from the definitive source.

Halokitty

teenagers going vegan
Posted: 4/2/2012 3:43:42 PM
PETA is one of the biggest hypocrites when it comes to animal welfare. I support animal rights and have been a vegetarian before. Right now, I eat very little store-bought meat; mostly game meat or organic/grass fed/pasture raised beef (though not much of it) and chicken (more chicken and fish than red meat). But PETA is not someone I would be caught dead supporting - ever.

As for veganism, I'll keep my opinions on it to myself - suffice it to say, if the kids really want to go through with it, I would seriously have their parents take them to a pediatrician first (pediatricians treat children until the age of 18, I believe) and make sure THEY think it's ok. THEN go get books and literature on how to do it right.

A diet of poptarts, pop, and junk food is not the right way. Besides, there are a lot of hidden animal products in things you wouldn't suspect, such as BBQ chips (the "natural flavoring" comes from chickens), Parmesan cheese (which contains rennet, something that comes from the stomach of a calf), some fruit juices and sauces have carmine in them (which is ground up beetles for colouring), albumin (which can be found in animal blood and milk) is used to thicken or add texture to processed food, "gum base" may not actually be "gum" but could be from an animal, too.
 Halokitty

what is your opinion on long distance dating
Posted: 3/23/2012 1:05:03 PM
It sucks.
 Halokitty
Msg: 19 (view)

Honesty in profile descriptions.
Posted: 2/29/2012 1:37:15 AM
Ah, no. I wasn't being snarky at all. You'll know for sure when I am, ask anyone. I just don't think it's a fair assessment to say "women are far less honest about....everything" if you're not sampling from the same team. It seems a tad biased. I actually did say I -CAN'T- say men are more likely to be dishonest, because I don't date women to see how dishonest they are.

No twisting involved.
 Halokitty
Msg: 17 (view)

Honesty in profile descriptions.
Posted: 2/28/2012 4:47:53 PM
Are you dating men, too? I find it's a rather unfair assessment to state that women are potentially more dishonest than men, unless you're sampling from both sides. I don't date women, so I can't say men are more dishonest than women. I say people can be dishonest, that seems to take care of both sides.
 Halokitty
Msg: 273 (view)

are the gas prices killing you yet
Posted: 2/25/2012 3:24:58 PM
Yep, I'm up there with ScottyTP88. Regular unleaded at the pump across from my house is $1.42/L which is roughly $5.36ish/gallon. $3.07 doesn't sound so bad; that's roughly $0.81/L. I can't remember when it was that low.

Show ALL Forums