Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Thoughts on Women's Judgments of Men
 karma_kid
Msg: 39 (view)

Thoughts on Women's Judgments of Men
Posted: 7/6/2013 1:50:30 PM
Loved your response. There are too many adult type people that have just blown it and are willing to share that.

I am not wealthy nor am I hurting but on here if you try to show that one is not a loser, you get nailed with fake or show-off. So be it.
 karma_kid
Msg: 15 (view)

When is the best time to ask a girl if she wants to meet in person?
Posted: 7/4/2013 2:04:36 PM
Outstanding reply.
 karma_kid
Msg: 8 (view)

Do you take notice when a guy...?
Posted: 7/4/2013 1:23:10 PM
I gave up on putting too much thought into a first email, I have cut it down to one or two lines now and it seems to get a better response rate than a book. I am just myself and try to joke about something in a lady's profile.

Will
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 18 (view)

Competition in oregon?
Posted: 3/17/2013 4:54:51 AM
You nailed it! Too many people are seeking the perfect person and if they would meet 'their' perfect person, they would not be perfect for the other person.
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 52 (view)

Younger VS. Older
Posted: 1/19/2013 2:36:05 PM
Totally agree. I hate texts from someone I know or that I am interested in, then I would prefer a phone call. The premeeting conversations I prefer to do by email. Guess we are all individuals?
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 51 (view)

Younger VS. Older
Posted: 1/19/2013 2:31:38 PM
I have to deal with phone calls at work and I am not a phone person. When I talk with someone I prefer the eye-to-eye contact so I can see their actions/reactions. The internet works for me as far as setting up a meeting goes and then if we click, the phone works.
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 11 (view)

Thoughts on Women's Judgments of Men
Posted: 11/25/2012 12:00:43 PM
Too True. It is not about gender, it is about people. I know several female friends that been hit on for cash from guys. There are females that look for the bad boys and then why they trashed their life and there are guys looking for sluts and then wonder why she was not faithful.

Everyone is different and special in their own way.
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 34 (view)

Being stood up
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:10:31 PM
Loved your reply. I have had ladies that don't care to share their phone numbers and that is a no-go. I have never been late for a first date, but I want a number in case something happens.
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 33 (view)

Being stood up
Posted: 9/8/2012 10:05:49 PM
Loved your message to him. I actually had a no-show lady email me after the fact that she thinks it is funny that guys will show up and actually expect her to be there. Thank you for the no-show.
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 7 (view)

OMMP is Considered using drugs.
Posted: 9/8/2012 9:40:08 PM
Totally agree with you and it is not just pot, there are people on other 'meds' because they can legally get them.

Liked your hand to mouth disease statement. Had a visitor from China ask me recently why I was not fat as most Americans are?
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2012 9:09:57 PM
That is kind of wishy-washy. Kind of like saying you are employed because you take out the trash and mow the lawn so you can live in your parents house.
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2012 9:06:28 PM
I am retired military and don't really care to be around pot heads, legal or not. No drive, no ambition, pass the chips dude. That is why people say no drugs. I drink and smoke and some people don't care for that, but I would rather be up-front and not get a contact, than to click with someone and then get dumped for being a liar.

Be up-front and say that you are 420 friendly, maybe you can meet somebody else that likes to watch reruns.
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 4 (view)

I'm starting to see why this site is usless for me.
Posted: 9/8/2012 8:58:44 PM
Copy that. Just want to be friends, please bring your wallet, pay for everything, and don't get any ideas. I have friends that I go out with or run into and we buy one another a dring from time-to-time, don't keep a score card, and expect nothing in return. Most of the 'just want to be friends' that I have met here are just dinner whores and will go out with anyone that will buy.

Just my thoughts.

Will
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 7 (view)

Distance.... is it really a big deal
Posted: 2/5/2012 6:25:06 AM
I think it depends on what one is looking for and what they can give up. I have dated ladies that were 3 hours away and it went well until the relationship started to get serious and neither of us could accept giving up our jobs.

It is probably best to define what you are looking for before starting a long distance relationship. I spent 20 years in the military and know you can still love someone from afar. Yes the physical contact is a very wonderful thing, but there is a difference between love and lust.

Will
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 8 (view)

Mid age dating views?
Posted: 2/5/2012 6:00:23 AM
Hey OzzGirl,

Totally agree, I like the analogy of used car shopping. I would love to find a used car that grandma only drove to church on Sunday, but do the price check and buy the car that grandpa drove at the demolition derby.

The chick that I was referring to I met in the real world, but I see a lot of the attitude here and that's cool. Life is about wanting the best and working toward having the best, but in the keyboard world it seems that people want the best without any work involved on their part.

Your thoughts?

Will
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 16 (view)

Why do men put pictures on the profiles with no shirts?
Posted: 2/5/2012 5:48:01 AM
Some men went through a divorce and lost the shirt off of their back, so they have to take a picture without one. My cousin and I were joking about one should never date a person that drives a minivan as you know they lost their divorce, gotta love it.

Who knows maybe shirtless pics turn some ladies on, (the ones that go to WalMart in their PJs)? We live in a visual world and if the bathroom self-portrait works, people will continue to use.

Will
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 12 (view)

High standards?
Posted: 2/5/2012 5:37:48 AM
This is like shopping for a used car. I want a used car with very low miles, no signs of abuse, very well maintained, and one that does not cost too much. Doubt that I will find it and so I will have to decide what I will settle for.

Will
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 5 (view)

Mid age dating views?
Posted: 2/3/2012 12:20:37 PM
Hey OzzGirl,

It ssems that a lot of the ladies my age don't want a guy their age. As one lady told me when I asked what she was looking for replied, "She wants a tell, good looking guy, with a lot of money, that was 40 or younger".

All I could think was, man did this guy's dream just come true. An almost 60, unemployed, 'few extra pounds' woman, that was not the brightest bulb on the tree.

I think some people chase younger people thinking it will keep them young as they know no other way.

Will
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 16 (view)

POF dating experience??anyone? need opinions from both males and females
Posted: 1/12/2012 7:29:07 PM
I have called a few ladies on 'things' before and always get the neatest stories. I let it go and then blow them off.

Show ALL Forums