Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Daters Be aware
 CharminC
Msg: 769 (view)

Daters Be aware
Posted: 8/26/2015 2:23:29 PM

Maleman was just putting over a point of view, there was nothing personal in it, unlike you.

which proves you only take what I say and make personal to you

you and your gang

Yup, I'm in a gang
we throw hand signs
pop anyone's ass who disses us
drink 40's and crank some tunes
fo shizzle
 CharminC
Msg: 768 (view)

Daters Be aware
Posted: 8/26/2015 2:10:52 PM
Charmin clearly spoke to me several times like Im stupid
^^^^^^
I was NOT speaking to you like you're stupid. I use the same damn tone I use with anyone!!! Check my history
You are no one special
Its YOUR problem if that's how it makes you feel
YOU make it personal to YOU

grow some skin

Charmin usually works in pairs seldom on her own

^^^^^^^
fuk you are delusional!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 CharminC
Msg: 767 (view)

Daters Be aware
Posted: 8/26/2015 2:07:17 PM
A point,.. Maleman was the first to make a post that clearly frames you as "stupid" but oh no.. because I actually directed a post towards you that you say MADE you feel stupid which ISN'T what I was doing but that's YOUR problem if that's how it made you feel. I was sticking to the subject... but because it came from me and it made you feel that way you chose to slag me with the 'your burglar vs our burglar" and when I call you on it ..... what do you do??? You pull the "I'm having a discussion here that you are incapable of doing" shtick in order to avoid owning up to your part in starting this fukin bs.

Whats it got to do with NG? Unless your trying to get people to support you because you not able to handle what you start?

I don't need anyone to support my side. People can clearly see the shyt you pull. That's why most avoid responding to you.
What's the matter, you jealous I actually know NG?

no doubt I can match you at the spitefulness its not something I enjoy

No. You never will because you never own up to your part in causing it most of the time.
 charminc
Msg: 765 (view)

Daters Be aware
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:05:36 PM

nice try vicks trying to bring in Canada vs UK into this-

I think thats you Charmin not me

Let's go back to the quote where Canada vs UK came into the picture and see WHO made the quote.......

Your burgulars may be a bit dim but ours are a bit more clued up and organised.

^^^ Well golly gee, looks like it wasn't me at all. It was YOU.

People who have to bring things to a personal level

You mean I. We all know you are talking about me. Not a big deal to say it.
I don't know where you got that I was getting personal with you.
I may not like you .............at all, I can say that but in my post I was TALKING ABOUT HOW TO DETER BURGLARS FROM CHOOSING YOUR (anyone's) HOME TO BREAK IN.
You're the one making it personal.

sheesh woman

What.......................ever

You're gonna love this NG -------> *flips hair
 CharminC
Msg: 62 (view)

Are They Together Now?
Posted: 8/26/2015 11:33:53 AM
I can see why BF and GF denied everything

^^^^
da truth speaketh
 CharminC
Msg: 762 (view)

Daters Be aware
Posted: 8/26/2015 11:32:09 AM

Your burgulars may be a bit dim but ours are a bit more clued up and organised.

WTF
ANY home.. rich or poor gets broken into
nice try vicks trying to bring in Canada vs UK into this
but no dice

Not much point in having the sticker then is there.

The point went right over your head.
whoosh... there it is
see it yet?
 CharminC
Msg: 60 (view)

Are They Together Now?
Posted: 8/26/2015 10:08:19 AM
Op, you're 38 and you slag SG with "retarded and poor reading comprehension skills" when YOU, yourself, keep using the incorrect spelling for advice.
Check yourself girl.

At the end of the day, I came her for advise.

Advice.... adviCe !!! Not advise.
Please refer to Seatac's post above for a perfect example that explains the difference between the two.

I didn't come here to get cyber bullied and attacked by a bunch of cowards hiding behind their computer screens throwing stones. For the people on this thread who sincerely tried to help me, thank you. For the mean spirited ones - if you still wish to attack me and try to trash me, then I invite all of you to come to Staten Island and see me in person where we can continue this "conversation" offline. Just inbox me for the address... I don't play any games...Try me...

Sorry but the forums are NOT full of kumbaya singing people.
You will get both sides of the coin whether you like it or not and apparently, you don't.
Try you eh?
No playing games here but errrr, ...............you need a better bra. Just sayin'
 CharminC
Msg: 758 (view)

Daters Be aware
Posted: 8/26/2015 9:50:34 AM
Peas.... all I could think of reading that is "Is it Christmas in July"
Pity it's almost September
OMG... September! Kids will be back in school
*screams with glee*

Vicki.... when "casing" homes, burgulars will not go through the trouble of finding out if there really is a dog or an alarm system. Seeing the stickers is enough for their beady little eyes to move onto the next house.

works more effectively is an alarm system linked into security that neighbours will respond to if it goes off. A dog the is BIG and barks when there is an intruder or a Neighbourhood Watch scheme with police involvement that works.

OF COURSE that is what will work. It doesn't even have to be said.
The suggestions are for EVERY homeowner. whether they have or don't have a dog or an alarm system
The suggestions came from a 30 plus year career criminal who have partnered with other career criminals. They have hit so many homes they KNOW what works and doesn't.. The stickers along with very secured windows and doors are deterrents for when their casing homes. Casing means they are going by homes checking them out visually from the street to see which is best to break in. They could be walking by, riding a bike, in a car or even with a group in a car. Hell, they could be with their own family driving by.
They often times spot the house early and plan to go back at a later time.
Quite often these homes they've spot are neighbors of friends or family because they have visited the area often enough to know the deal with the home they've spotted.
Their eyes are always open casing homes because it is quick money. They rob it and pawn it.

It's called "Not answering the door if I'm not expecting someone." With the way my windows are set up, I can take a peek out a window with the person's back to me (if they're facing and waiting at the door). If I see it's a cop in uniform and a cop car in front of my place, or a fireman and a fire truck, I"ll answer the door. Otherwise, they're getting the "nobody home" greeting. Most of my neighbors use the same tactic. Everybody I know is smart enough to call ahead if they want to drop by.

Same here. I know how to answer the door for safety's sake. After all, I have kids to protect.
If it was important, they would come back another time.
 CharminC
Msg: 21 (view)

Too long? Too...oh go ahead, say it!
Posted: 8/25/2015 10:26:44 PM

ShipForBrains- Not only do you have one of the best screen names EVER

NEVER, change it
 CharminC
Msg: 124 (view)

Dad with 24 yr old daughter, very close.
Posted: 8/25/2015 9:30:12 PM

Oh, so he's the one losing here, eh? Missing out on your friendship?

What a gem you are...

*sends wine to Cali for this gem
 CharminC
Msg: 748 (view)

Daters Be aware
Posted: 8/25/2015 1:23:45 PM

To the point that people then steal the damn signs and put them on their yard.

Yup! lol

One key place that they look into is your freezer.

Some have stolen food, whether to eat themselves or give to their family and friends (even criminals have heart lol) or sell them if they are big cuts of meat.

Also, many will get keys to cars and then take the car on the driveway.

Or load it up and drive away.
 CharminC
Msg: 204 (view)

Mind the gap
Posted: 8/25/2015 1:19:17 PM
Looks like even gods have a fall from grace at times.
^^^
He's not a god
but issue solved. *applauses
for good I hope? :/

Shall we now go back to the topic??

Age gap
It's all about the attraction

case closed

:P lol
 CharminC
Msg: 746 (view)

Daters Be aware
Posted: 8/25/2015 1:04:59 PM
Neighborhood watch stickers do not deter burglars.
Stickers that state that there is a built in alarm system can help. that is unless they find a away around it ie: open window.
The pros, however, do know how to work the alarm system.
Stickers warning that there is a guard dog is another deterrent.
Christmas when there lots of presents under the tree along with everything else in the home and summer holidays when it's obvious the occupants are away are their favorite times to hit
Even a certain night when it's clear that alot of people will be away attending something like Halloween night where people are out trick n treating , a popular game, concert or whatnot, they will come out of the woodwork and search for empty homes.
The pros can hit a home, wipe it out and be out in well under an hour.

Windows are their number one way to get in. But they prefer to just walk in and out of the door to make it look as if they belong there: a friend or family "visiting"" loading up a van with everything they can grab.
If there's a empty gym bag lying around in your home, they will take that and load it up with your electronics that sell for the most and out they go. A few mins, in and out.
^^ Examples of how they work.

A steel door, good locks, a lock on all your windows so they can't lift and slide, adequate lighting, trim any greenery near doors and windows for visibility are helpful in keeping the home safe.
 CharminC
Msg: 26 (view)

At what age typically does the know it all princess attitude end, 30 what?
Posted: 8/25/2015 12:14:19 PM

At what age typically does the "know it all princess" attitude end and the "accepting and worldly" women begin to emerge and evolve from that younger mindset, or social programming if you prefer it catagorized as.

Some people have the attitude of being entitled. Men, women, all ages. Every so often something will happen in a person's life to give them a bit of humility and "wake them up". Other people will just always be that way.

She nailed it right on the spot.

Pun intended *giggles
 CharminC
Msg: 43 (view)

I used to be a solid 8 and then I turned 30!
Posted: 8/25/2015 12:12:28 PM

should I just "give up" and wait for me to get posted to a bigger city...

They say it love you when you least expect it.
It don't matter who you are, what you do and where you live.
It's gonna hit you.

(grabs a cupid's bow)
 CharminC
Msg: 188 (view)

Mind the gap
Posted: 8/25/2015 12:08:28 PM

What's up with adding me as a favorite a minute ago Tall? Am I on your "hit" list now? I don't believe you have enough minions for that. But if you do, hurry the hell up, I need to wash the car.

I've added you as a fav
Now he has competition
and may I say, you are the only one on my list. Aren't you special

:)
 CharminC
Msg: 182 (view)

Mind the gap
Posted: 8/25/2015 11:32:33 AM

Yes....Joey. Tall knows exactly what happened to Mr. Pig. ;)

It appears Tall aka Moderate Recall does eh.
This sanctimonious move was so blatantly obvious I've lost all the respect I mentioned earlier. As I said whatever said or done reflects back..... Mod aka Tall aka whatever the $%#$@ else he morphs into just did it.
Listen , if everyone is all Kumbaya... it's NOT reality
Pig is reality
I am reality
Everyone here who speaks their mind is reality.
YOU sir, who try to distort that reality to your own skewed (yes skewed!) perception one too many times by telling people what to say or do or by removing them.

The more shyt you pull, the more people will see you negatively. I've heard LOTS for quite some time now.. but this takes the cake. It's blatant proof.
If you're starving in a desert... good luck finding someone willing to give you water.

*mic drop

Well this is surprising...but refreshing!
Kudos...and *snap*!

*Double snap ;P
 CharminC
Msg: 155 (view)

Mind the gap
Posted: 8/24/2015 7:56:21 PM

Do you really think that, Charmin?

Yup

{quote]LOL...40 is a bit young to shrink! I'm 50 and not getting shorter yet.

I'm referring to the age group when people do "shrink"... the point is, is all part of life that we can't afford to be judgmental about or our options within the dating pool will really shrink.

I just think their dating pool will have fewer fishies.

and..................so be it.
OP may very well be quite aware of this fact, but obviously it's not stopping him. lol

The OP is 63 and 14 years younger is 49. Nothing wrong with that. Both more than adults.

^^^^^^^
This

it all goes back to Walts post................it's all in the attraction
 CharminC
Msg: 147 (view)

Mind the gap
Posted: 8/24/2015 5:29:13 PM

Walts - Oh for heaven's sake. At 63 years old, what makes you think you are attractive to women in their 40s?
The same reason why a 60 year old guy would like a 61 year old woman.

Bingo

Im Right - OP stop being a cry baby. Just copy and paste your profile info into a new one with a lower age. Easy peasy.

Someone who's username I'm Right encouraging someone to lie in their profile.... uummmmkay

LH - My point is the OP should date women around his own age.

....and your point shall apply to only you. Please refer to Walts' quote which applies to the mass public..... fairly.

Susie

- Do 60 year olds really think 40 year olds are age appropriate? If so, then I guess they think 80 year olds are also age appropriate!

- I am merely observing that I think 40ish women who will want to date a man his mid sixties who drinks more than three times a week and who is 5'5" will be rather few in number. Hopefully the OP will find a wonderful 40 ish woman who thinks he's the cat's ass.

Why yes, yes, they do think that and so 80 year olds are. Some will drink just as much and MANY will shrink (get shorter) as they age.
Not much room to judge eh? Again, refer to Walt's quote.

Ouija - But people CAN date whoever, what ever age they want.. they just can't msg people younger/older than 14 years here

The lovely Ouija re-interating Walt's quote with a closer that is the one big main fact that shuts up all complainers.

Bebe - Stop underselling yourself. Women in their 40's are in their sexual prime. If they wanted you they wanted you.

Think on this for a second and you'll realize why men like the OP is after the younguns. Yet everyone is blasting him for it.
tsk tsk

HS - The topic of the OP is "Age Gap", not "Leagues". You seem to have the two confused.

Excellent point

seatac....The original poster says in his profile he is a "lite drinker". I know many people who have a glass of wine every night with dinner, one glass, yet that qualifies them for "more than 3 times a week". To me this is not a problem drinker or alcoholic. And some people don't worry about height, especially when the person is interesting or wonderful to them. Many people in their 40s, 50s and beyond don't seem to worry as much about height, hair, wrinkles and fluff as much and tend to focus on reality like what is inside a person and what attracts them or draws them to a person. I don't think too many women have tossed Tom Cruise out of bed for being 5'7".

The judgy people come out of the woodworks eh? Oh ye al jugdy people *wags finger

*edit.. I know judgy isn't a proper word, so Shhh!

2ufo- because archaeologists study old things.

Lterally LOL'd

MD- Appears that your comedy routine needs work.
If that was supposed to an attempt at improv comedy instead of just a minute attack on someone you envy here.
Come back here in one year when you ARE "authentically" her same age, and show us any self-improvements and appreciable ageist "humor" you may have developed by then, if any.

Are you fukin kidding me? Needs work? It was COMEDY GOLD!
Your attempt to try and make her feel bad for it only reflects back at you. Just sayin'

MD- Many people seem to enjoy taking little digs at others that they seem to envy, for whatever reason.
It is one of the most common human defense mechanisms. If you can't manage to model yourself after their success or strive to surpass the envied qualities, then some may try for a mental consolation prize of seeking any tiny possible flaw and trying to laugh about it or show others.
Basic human nature default defense mechanisms take some energy and much thoughtfulness to overcome instead of just going with the "blink" instant responses.
Taking a few minutes to think before posting anything, and editing posts several times before posting would greatly benefit most Forumites and improve the impression they give of themselves by what they post.

You know I adore and respect you for all your help with my computer issues but your uppity all superior yap at anyone who's behavior you don't agree, they don't model themselves the way YOU expect at such a constant rate, every single bloody time, is annoying. In other words shut your uppity self up.
Remember.. it reflects back at you. Food for thought

Some people here online seem to feel enough semi-anonymity that they sometimes revert to preteen behavior, safely behind their keyboards. It is soo very common in many online Forums for some participants to regress back to immature juvenile expressions and behavior. Things they may never say or do in person where the immediate results would be felt.

SO WHAT!!!!!!!! Adults can be childish.. SOOOOOOOOOOO WHATTTTTTTTT!!!
You don't like it.... don't read it.. skip to the next post that is more to your liking. It ain't rocket science ;)

bebe... I took it as a thinly veiled attack. The poster also made a nice disclaimer

Correct, there was the disclaimer. Attack or not, it was still comedy gold.
And the lovely 2ufo DID apologize and explain.
Such intelligence, wit and personality. *whistles
I bow in awe. She has my respect.
 charminc
Msg: 84 (view)

His flaw..
Posted: 8/23/2015 12:25:05 PM

but apparently they're the size of a large plate. Anyway, with my luck I'd probably get pregnant.

Are they really??!!!
You and me both hunny... you and me both

*applies for convent as best form of protection*
 charminc
Msg: 119 (view)

Age can be Irrelevant
Posted: 8/23/2015 12:08:30 PM
Mathew Broderick

^^^
Ohhhh now I have an itch to watch LadyHawke again. thx!
 charminc
Msg: 82 (view)

His flaw..
Posted: 8/23/2015 12:06:24 PM
First cattle prod now pecker spray. Nice
Ya know.. all last night I could think about was Rocky Mountain oysters.

Has anyone tried any???
 charminc
Msg: 116 (view)

Dad with 24 yr old daughter, very close.
Posted: 8/23/2015 12:04:20 PM

the OP is using this man. It's none of her business what the relationship is with the daughter if she has no intentions of a romantic relationship being reciprocated that he longs for with her.

I wouldn't date a man with children at home yet or the level of emotional needy that is described here either. But OP is not dating him and has stated she won't, although she likes what he does for her, the daughter throws a monkey wrench into her time getting things done by him.

I highly concur with the above post by the lovely poster Peas
 charminc
Msg: 235 (view)

Would you date someone who is mentally ill??????
Posted: 8/22/2015 10:23:40 PM

He didn't dump her. You've got to be smokin' hot to be that crazy.

Or damn good in the sack

only got a bottle of wine on my patio and a friend request.

*checks my patio
 charminc
Msg: 1474 (view)

Are 21st century, western women intimidating?
Posted: 8/22/2015 10:21:36 PM
Learn how to cook and get some lubriderm.

*spits out tea

1+
 charminc
Msg: 694 (view)

Daters Be hatin'
Posted: 8/22/2015 7:43:24 PM

Hmm. Maybe I should be looking for a woman who doesn't know what a cattle prod looks like. Tough to find a way to bring that up in conversation without giving off a creepy vibe though.

Halftimedad: " Are you a cowgirl?"
Date: "No"
Halftimedad: "Have you taken a self defense course by PianoPetal?"
Date: "No"

You're safe. :)

edit* if you do not laugh Petal, you have no humor.
and you may laugh as sarcastically as you wish ;P
 charminc
Msg: 692 (view)

Daters Be hatin'
Posted: 8/22/2015 7:05:43 PM

Charmin I'm guessing you haven't seen a cattle prod before

And why would I need a cattle prod, hmm?
THAT is my point
but I have a feeling you won't get it
 charminc
Msg: 683 (view)

Daters Beware
Posted: 8/22/2015 5:17:20 PM
Petal.. I'm not taking it personal. I'm just saying that's going too far to bring up cattle prod or any other device of torture in order to protect onsself. I used my son as an example to show that in some cases, innocent men could get hurt.
I brought it home so to speak.. make it personal, so that you could understand why it is "too far".
I know you don't me specifically but do you really think you can bring up such things and everyone go.. yup, okay. Sure thing!
Your suggestion of advance self defense and 'how to get rid of these parasites at the onset of their predatory intentions using as many lies as required.' was excellent. I fully agree with that and practice it myself.

Guys need to learn that women are not “The Enemy,”

See this? You quoted it. This is where I am coming from. How do you expect guys to learn women aren't enemy when you bring up things like cattle prods and suggest women found out what they can carry by law to protect themselves.
You're right, men can become violent but this kind of thinking is nuts. Because I'm telling if every women were to arm themselves, I guarantee it, innocent men are going to get hurt. More than the ones who deserve it.

food for thought :)
 charminc
Msg: 679 (view)

Daters Beware
Posted: 8/22/2015 4:54:15 PM

For example the laws in my neck of the woods clearly state that tazers of any kind are illegal however cattle prods are perfectly fine. They don't take up any more room than a Louisville Slugger yet they are easier to use. Go figure.

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!

the big issue I have with this first and foremost... come on.. admit it... SOME women MISUNDERSTAND men's intentions. Second, this is going too far.
Let's take my son for example why I think so, I don't want some paranoid woman cattle prodding my kid when she misunderstands his intentions.

If the guy is literally on top of you taking your pants off and you're trying to stop.. ya.. prod the fuker
But the line between the man using PUA skills to the moment when that prod is needed is huge.
How about teaching THAT ?!
Because I'm a mother of boys and have met some pretty dang good men, as much as I hate aholes I will defend and protect the good ones til the end of my day.

Earlier I mentioned knowledge and courage. I meant knowing when to speak up and what to say, how to say it to be effective and what to do when it's not. Let's not go straight to cattle prodding.

Sheezus.. from PUA to cattle prod. No wonder descent men don't want to pick up any women and you're all left with the sleezy ones who don't give a hoot.
 charminc
Msg: 677 (view)

Daters Be hatin'
Posted: 8/22/2015 2:23:53 PM

I want hazard pay

I knew you were a smartie

The Tour begins at Demidor's home, and then heads south, by Truck, to Hawking- ville

I've forgotten this is no longer a Canadian site since Match brought it. Am I correct?
If so... my flight home is booked.I shall leave you all in your goodie bags a token of my country's lovely sample of maple syrup and ...................bacon!
 charminc
Msg: 667 (view)

Daters Be hatin'
Posted: 8/22/2015 10:54:06 AM

Charmin was about to clover some dude about some misogynistic stuff.

Awww come on, I'm harmless. Never thrown a punch or shove in my life.
Okay that's a lie. I did once aim a right hook through an open car window at a woman who insulted my best friend.
But I missed. See? Harmless!
And seriously IG, there are women here way more likely than I to clubber, and god knows what else *gasps*, all the pof misogynists here.
I do however dislike it when someone is unfairly mistreated.... hence the right hook. *grins
But if you started the fight, you're on your own. (which is why I pick my battles here on pof). The best I can do as a friend is I can play nurse. :)

Charmie was going to fourleaf clover someone? she's so fun at parties, not sure why she always leaves them so early.

You know darling, I get so flush when you call me Charmie. *fans herself Which makes it so disappointing that you bring up the party *pouts I'll confess why I really left early, I had two gorgeous male specimens waiting for me at home.
My children. <3

Well gentlemen, IG and GTO, your literary prose are to be commended. *Applause, applause. I thank you for my 5 seconds of fame. I'am humbly left with awe and in your debt. *bows

It hasn't happened to me

psst.... it will. I feel in my boooooones

True, but you have to wear skimpy cleavage showing outfits! It is a sexist culture!

In that case, I presume you'll be wearing the too tight pants and open shirt baring the Sean Connery doormat?

Pig and Spot make fabulous duo tour guides, I vote Joe to be security (the outfit Joe, wear the outfit baby) and I'll be the coat check girl ?
*ahem..... "Welcome to POF. Such a lovely place, such lovely faces. They livin' it up at POF. What a nice surprise, a nice surprise, bring your alibis.
.... You can check out anytime you like, but you can just never leave ! "
 charminc
Msg: 99 (view)

Age can be Irrelevant
Posted: 8/20/2015 6:07:51 PM
I have always wondered what it feels like to be on ecstasy (sp?)

^^^^^
I will say it can different for every person and you don't know what has been cut into it.
I've seen a full sized huge bodybuilder (competing) wither down to the ground near death. Absolutely frightening
 charminc
Msg: 631 (view)

Daters Beware
Posted: 8/20/2015 6:02:46 PM

Charmin, this is an open and honest conversations and I do not see your question as an attack at all.

:)
((hugs))

it's funny, I didn't see your post until after I already posted my latest and you said "didn't have any skills or knowledge on how to handle it"

As Fonzie would say, Exactamundo!
 charminc
Msg: 630 (view)

Daters Beware
Posted: 8/20/2015 5:55:23 PM

That is controversial Charmin. Big time. How do you tell someone to stop when you're into them?

I know isn't it! I think it needs to be out and explored to give us woman a chance to talk about it without feeling attacked and get answers. These answers provide KNOWLEDGE on how to deal with any situation with any kind of boy or man and at any age.
I keep thinking if only Susie and I knew what to do. Eh?
I think courage is a big one. I think if I had courage I wouldn't be afraid to do something, anything.

She was a 15 year old virgin, and she explained the high school atmosphere (ninth grade!) of dating an “older” boy, and the anticipation of going to the prom with him. Expecting a girl that age to manage this all by herself, and reprimanding her over it 30+ years later, is cruel, and frankly….exemplifying her teenage inner conflict of being expected to handle it herself perfectly…at 15!!

It’s always up to the girls to keep boys in line. And if he gets out of line, it’s all her fault. Gawd I'm SO SICK of that. SMH

It is NOT her fault!!!
I was 13. I know EXACTLY how she felt but there were alot of things I did not know. Knowledge is power
I didn't say anything about her keeping him in line. He should have kept him damn self in line!
What I did say is there were red flags, she could have heeded them. But she didn't know.
I mentioned courage. Courage would have been valuable for her in her situation... mine too.
So there... knowledge and courage.
The more you face the truth, the more you learn, the more you know then the more you can protect yourself. FACT!
 charminc
Msg: 621 (view)

everyone duck!
Posted: 8/20/2015 3:18:48 PM
IG, you mean to tell me a PUA would never rape a woman/gf?

edit* note I said 'a' not all ;P
 charminc
Msg: 619 (view)

everyone duck!
Posted: 8/20/2015 2:42:48 PM
Susie
There is no lack of self esteem there. You had enough esteem to say no and to know the reason why.
If anything you simply doubted yourself. You doubted that he would stop. You doubted that you could fight him off if it came to that. You doubted that you could make it through the aftermath (school gossip, heartbreak) if you stopped him.
You doubted yourself but you've never lacked self esteem.

pressure rape, partner rape .. what fukin ever.... rape is rape

..but here's the controversial thing I will point out and please do NOT take this as an attack, what you did do wrong is continue to see the boy after he often asked you to have sex. You told him, you continued to see him, he was still pressuring you. You knew in the back of your mind that one day its going to happen. He is horny and wants sex, it's clear. BEFORE that rape scene, you could have ended it. Why?
Because he did NOT keep his hands off after FIRST said no.
Get what I mean?
It's that whole red flag thing
but alas lesson learned in the hands of a horny ahole.
I've been there...I feel for you.
One thing that is common here that tend to make us make this common mistake is lack of knowledge about how to see through dealing with these red flags. We didn't know!

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is what Hearton is talking about. The PUAs who fool us and we don't know, we don't see it, don't know how to deal with it....those red flags.

Trust me darling, I see it now. *snicker
 charminc
Msg: 95 (view)

Age can be Irrelevant
Posted: 8/19/2015 10:39:20 PM
Peas.. you take the older, I'll take the younguns

and M... it's suppose to be raging.
Opps.
 charminc
Msg: 107 (view)

No answer is an answer Is that really true?
Posted: 8/19/2015 5:19:32 PM
I never thought it was scary or freaky but that it was pointless.
The more time and energy you spend focusing on trying to accomplish something, the less you will be able accomplish it.

Just send those messages and let it go.
 charminc
Msg: 91 (view)

Age can be Irrelevant
Posted: 8/19/2015 1:47:37 PM
Kate is a ragging drug addict, is she not?
 charminc
Msg: 590 (view)

everyone duck!
Posted: 8/19/2015 1:16:52 PM

If a guy wines and dines a woman, and then she decides the guy is a PUA and drops him like a rock in a landslide, should she reimburse the guy for the money he spent on her, since it would seem like the guy was using blood money? A woman shouldn't claim to be used and cry victim if it doesn't bother her that the guy was spending his money on her-that he will never get back.

Let's say for the sake of the argument, the guys turns out to actually be a PUA (her suspicions proved true) then the onus is on him. The $$ is his lost.
He paid, he gambled, he lost
 charminc
Msg: 588 (view)

everyone duck!
Posted: 8/19/2015 1:05:31 PM

Now someone mentioned on here that the only thing a PAU lies about is how many partners hes had. If this is a null point then why would the great PUA's think it worthwhile lying about it when apparently they dont lie about anything else?

They lie about it because women think.................A guy who has slept with 5-10 girls is probably a good guy. A guy who has slept with 80-100 girls isnt

If women knew this is crap, PUA wouldn't use it as a lie.

I highly doubt it, my dad, grandad and prior lived in a generation where they were made to marry the girl if they got her pregnant. But none of them were in the 60's they were prior so not so sure about that era. The boys/teens/men I knew in my youth didnt go for the numbers thing either,

How the hell would you know? They are not going to tell you simply because of the mentality of "A guy who has slept with 5-10 girls is probably a good guy. A guy who has slept with 80-100 girls isnt"
They don't want you to think of them as the bad guy..............because they aren't!
THEY ARE NOT GOING TO TELL YOU THEIR NUMBER
and btw.

" they were made to marry the girl if they got her pregnant"

how did they get her pregnant... hmm?
 charminc
Msg: 583 (view)

Daters Beware
Posted: 8/19/2015 12:12:23 PM

I believe that most men were raised to be timid toward, and anti-social with, women

most???
wtf
I sure hell would NEVER raise my boys to be timid and anti-social with women. Respectful yes, but that sure a doesn't mean they have kowtow to them. OH hell to the no.
In FACT, my boys are taught to tell those women where to stick it if they ever expect them to be that way *snaps fingers
And at the same time, I sure as hell wouldn't want my men to be that way with me either.

I’m not criticizing learning “Pick Up” skills

Oh good, glad you pointed that out

I’m concerned with are men who believe that they want to become a “Pick Up Artist.”

Correction.. you are concerned about men who want to be the pickup artists who ...'essentially cons a woman into considering him as someone who is offering her security. But he is actually just trying
to get into her pants, without a care about whether she feels used and abused'

leaving her to publicly decry the Pick Up Artist for being the scoundrel
he was, in an effort to save face for having been duped.

I love this little piece
You know when you stroll down a busy street and there's a guy playing the card game. You know , spot the Ace? and you decide to see if you can get it, beat him in his own game but nope.. he got you and took your $10.
You gonna cry what a scoundrel he is ???

Whether any woman decides to open or not open her legs, own it.
it would greatly reduce a lot of this men vs women, good vs bad, bullshyt

psst... ladies, if only you all knew just how many men in your lives were being PUAs, dad, grandpa, great great grandpa and they are actually stable, descent loving men.
Hell...it goes back to even the cavemen being PUAs. They did this strunt, this grunt, and swung their "club". They invented the swagger!
... and that's how the world became populated

;P
 charminc
Msg: 99 (view)

No answer is an answer Is that really true?
Posted: 8/19/2015 11:26:11 AM

Dating spreadsheet = way too much time on your hands.

Way

...with control freak issues
 charminc
Msg: 580 (view)

Enegizer bunny thread
Posted: 8/19/2015 10:55:56 AM

A guy who has slept with 5-10 girls is probably a good guy. A guy who has slept with 80-100 girls isnt! This is vital information so dont lie!!

Who said this? Let me guess, it's a woman? who narrowmindedly stereotypes men out of fear she may become one of those 100 but unknowingly has been all along lol.

The only difference between the men who slept with 10 and the ones who slept with 100 is the number,
NOT the fact that one is good and the other is bad.
As pig said, it's a load of crap

I woe the day I posted this thread.

Why Hearton? It's a good thread with some valid and interesting points made.
Just because it didn't go as you hoped doesn't mean it should diseappear

At the end of the day we're all arguing the same points.

Some PUA's are ***holes, some techniques can actually be helpful depending on where it's coming from and who uses them. Some women have no issues whatsoever having something casual that's based purely on sex, I know because I've been the victim/lucky recipient of said women. What seems to be the main issue is holding accountability which isn't the same as placing blame, people get way too emotional when it comes to holding someone accountable, it doesn't mean "Chick deserved it" it means be more careful, watch out, look for signs and make the decision and if you can live with that decision then so be it. PUA's aren't rapists or pedophiles and the discussion only went that route because some people are using extreme examples to support their viewpoints.

Consensual sex doesn't happen unless someone wants it to happen that's the bottom line, not every woman has been genuine with me but when I wanted to have sex with them, I had sex with them and I had to deal with whatever consequences that came later.

This
 charminc
Msg: 548 (view)

everyone duck!
Posted: 8/18/2015 1:56:51 PM
How about I concede to shut Coma up?

^^^^
Only Coma????!!!!!
 charminc
Msg: 15 (view)

can anyone definitively explain the photo rules
Posted: 8/17/2015 8:21:50 PM

a bunch of random people who have nothing better to do than nit-pick photos get to decide if mine stay or go.

and yet here you are with nothing better to do but nit-pick the rules

if you want to make sure your pictures won't be deleted, then be sure to post the pics that clearly do not violate POF's rules.

TA_DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ladies and gentlemen... it's the answer to the question that plaques this nit-pickin' man's mind.

It really is that simple *snicker
 charminc
Msg: 5 (view)

How to save POF password
Posted: 8/17/2015 5:20:53 PM

Google is evil....
I don't recommend saving passwords, ever.

I concur
if you're too lazy to remember your password, you deserve to be hacked. Just sayin'.. because it all connects. Everything!
 charminc
Msg: 16 (view)

Reporting Forum Users??
Posted: 8/17/2015 12:58:16 PM

If you ask for advice, why would you want to report people for giving advice?

Ahhhh, so that's what happened. Op is one of "those".

Offended and harmed are two different things.

Correct

April.. you're talking totally different thing. Halftime is correct,
men are still men when it gets to the nitty gritty
and THAT will NEVER change ---->
the same basic premiss of attractions till applies as it is rooted in evolutionary process
 charminc
Msg: 499 (view)

Daters Beware
Posted: 8/17/2015 11:13:34 AM

Peas-
.women do see PUA's as the stereo type. Not love coaches or whatever that make $4K per sucker.
~This woman will always have the stereotypical type man in her minds eye when speaking of PUA's. Yes.

and last I checked, this thread topic is not about inspirational speakers. lmfao.

I whole heartedly agree there is a stereotype.
But I also get Coma's guy as well, but the women won't. Never.... because of the stereotype.
And this stereotype exist because of the men who support it and there are also men too ill-minded to realize they are acting like one, when really they are trying to be what Coma is talking about. No wonder women view men like a bunch of scam artists!
But I think what Coma is saying is important. It brings to mind that they're ARE not all scam artists.

Your stereotype of "pick up artists" is extremely narrow and is out of touch with reality.

No shyt sherlock lol.... BUT it is this only when it comes to the good guys. It isn't where the scam artists are concerned.

The Game came out as a response to The Rules

this

CharminC - You're OK in my book. I love lollipops.

I like IT guys. They always fix my computer, for free. *grins

Such a mature guy. Is your dad gonna kick my dad's ass now?

I could never figure this out. You need your dads to fight for you?
We don't hear women say, 'My mom is going to kick your mom's ass"
Noooooooooooooo.... we women fight
*yells catfight!!!!
 charminc
Msg: 68 (view)

Time to take a break
Posted: 8/17/2015 10:40:24 AM
[You are making it sound... so fun]

*giggles It is :P

The last bad message I ever got here was years ago. One of those "how dare you say not interested, you are a ......." blah blah blah
Well, I engaged him... kept him going. Played stupid at first but got him riled up by pointing out things in his profile and, in his anger, he would change it.
I remembered what it was before, I caught the actual picture he used and pointed out the fake. This is before the usefulness of Tineye.
He would take it down. He would tweak his profile after every single comment I made while continuing to attack me, trying to best me message wise. It was hilarious!
It was him that attacked me first, right?
He ended up blocking .........................me!

I still laugh when I think about it.
I know... I'm so bad ....sometimes ;p

Show ALL Forums