Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: can't get onto web page !!!!!!
 erich5470
Msg: 36 (view)

can't get onto web page !!!!!!
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:19:41 PM
Also, you have to realize that we have had major power outages and telcom problems spread across 7 states due to storms and tornadoes this month. If the primary server is out of power, its not going to be online and has to re-route itself to one of its backup servers in which it has to find a path to get there which takes more time to do that. This could also be causing the timing out issue.

Eric
 erich5470
Msg: 35 (view)

can't get onto web page !!!!!!
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:13:19 PM
I think it is either a bandwidth issue or server issue with POF. for a couple of days I was having problems with POF timing out when accessing the web page. In my experience as a network admin for DoD; this usually happens when a either a server is becoming overloaded or, the bandwidth is too small to accompany the traffic load. its like trying to pour a gallon jug of water into an empty milk jug with a funnel. in order to allow the flow rate of water to flow into the empty jug without over flowing, you must get a funnel (bandwidth) with a larger hole to allow for the appropriate amount of water to flow through at a constant rate. otherwise, the water will over flow out of the funnel (timeout on the internet). It essentially leaves you standing at the entrance of the gate while everyone else is trying to rush through the gate entrance.
I probably confused you even more??

Eric

Show ALL Forums