Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Thumbs
 redsss
Msg: 9 (view)

Thumbs
Posted: 7/29/2009 7:31:32 PM
Well I have heard that you can tell the lenght by how big the guys feet are.
 redsss

snake problem in vita?
Posted: 7/10/2009 3:54:42 PM
Did no one see the article last week about a guy in Florida who had a pet Python and it got loose and strangled his 2 year old daughter and then tried to eat her as there was bite marks on her little head. By the time he noticed it has gotten loose and got to the snake and tried to stab it it was too late for this innocent little girl all because her daddy wanted a pet snake.

No before you start yelling at me I have nothing against snakes and in fact I have had a Boa across my shoulders but I sure wouldn't have one in my house.

Snakes of that size can and will kill small children and animals (dogs, cats, rabbits etc).
 redsss
Msg: 2 (view)

Two Icons of Our Culture Die
Posted: 6/25/2009 9:04:32 PM
I agree with you Tempt your kharma.

Also Farrah was only 62.

Both of them will be missed.

Rest in Peace.
 redsss
Msg: 11 (view)

What would you do?
Posted: 3/20/2009 11:02:52 AM
It's not if he will do it again. HE WILL DO it again!! He has done it since cause these types of people don't stop until they are stoped one way or other.

Maybe this girl should think about the kids before and after her that he has hurt.

I understand her thoughts but seeing I have been through this myself with my daughter and what it does to everyone envoled I have no respect for her. Sorry if that sounds harsh but she is allowing him to hurt others by not saying anothing. I can see her not saying something maybe when she was really young but by gwd she is an adult.

Maybe she should consider this.....she has a daughter and this happens to her...would she want that person to pay for he has done? Oh you bet your ass she would and then some.
 redsss
Msg: 7 (view)

What would you do?
Posted: 3/18/2009 8:22:50 PM
Well I have had this very thing happen in my life.
The man I was living with at the time was abusing my daughter for 3 years before the truth came out. I never knew or had any clue.
When my daughter did finally tell someone at school they phoned Child and Family and the took her away. I never received a phone call until we contacted the school as she didn't come home. That is how I found out they had taken her.
Well to make a long story short, I had a he** of a fight to get her back. In fact for the first month I was allowed to even speak or see her. Then I was allowed supervised visits in there office 1 hour a week. This went on for months.
I eventually went above there heads to the head of minister of Child and Family. Still this took time.
Finally she was allowed back home.
He was charged and pleadit not quilty and a trial date was set. When that day came he changed his plea to guily. He was given a couple of months....that was nothing short of a joke. In the meantime I went through hell and at the same time I was looking after my mom who was dying. They wouldn't even let her go see her granny to say good-bye and we had lived in the same house for years. She never did get to say good-bye.
She has never forgotten that.

As for your friend she shouldn't blame herself. I hope she can get move on with her life. Maybe her and her daughter need to go speak to a professional of some kind. Not sure how the daughter has been able to deal with it unless she has spoken to someone. If she hasn't then she is only lying to herself.

Just my two cents worth.
 redsss
Msg: 8 (view)

POF Paid 'upgrade'
Posted: 3/6/2009 4:08:32 PM
Just because someone pays to be a member doesn't mean that he/she isn't going to play the games that some of the people on this site do.
 redsss
Msg: 6 (view)

POF Paid 'upgrade'
Posted: 3/6/2009 11:47:02 AM
I agree with Dano .

I will not be paying either!
 redsss
Msg: 5 (view)

Repair or Replace
Posted: 2/18/2009 3:53:31 AM
Myself I don't think it's worth going and buying a new toilet to save $50.00.
I like the idea of the pop bottles with sand if you want to cut down on water.
 redsss

Road Rule Trivia ...... Are you really a knowledgeable driver ...... ?
Posted: 11/12/2008 8:45:28 PM
You always turn behind the other person.

Same as if you were going south on Salter and wanted to make a left turn onto Inkster and the person coming north on Salter was trying to make a left turn onto Inkster. You both would pass each other and turn onto Inkster behind each other.
 redsss
Msg: 10 (view)

Jury duty stories?
Posted: 11/11/2008 9:04:31 PM
I have never been summoned but I sure wish I would be.
I would love to be on a jury. A murder trial would be up right my alley.
Well here's hoping that one day I will get the call.
 redsss

The Tragedy of Phoenix Sinclair .......
Posted: 11/9/2008 6:12:45 AM
I have had dealing with CFS in the past and from that I have no respect for them.

I believe if I don't have something good to say about something don't say anything so I will quit here cause what I would say would not be pleasant to say the least.
 redsss
Msg: 32 (view)

Mother & son go after attacker
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:06:35 PM
I agree with you Canspeed.

I understand where the mother was coming from but she broke the law.
 redsss

Mother & son go after attacker
Posted: 8/22/2008 6:46:30 AM
My daughter was molested by someone I trusted and loved for a couple of years before I became aware of it. There are not signs like you think there would be.

I had always said that if anyone ever touched my daughter I would kill them and yes at first those were my thoughts but when I calmed down and thought about it I realized that if I need do something my daughter would be without her mother. This would not make things better for her so I sat back and let the law take it's course.

He spent a couple yes a couple of months not years in jail and then he was out.
When my daughter told someone at school she was taken away from me. It was a long long hard fight to get her back from CFS. Actually I was without my daughter longer because of CFS than this a**hole spent in jail for the CRIME he did. Where is the JUSTICE there?

Am I sorry I didn't take action against this person....yes for sure but I was thinking about my daughter and what her life would be like if I was sentenced to talking action into my own hands.
 redsss

Pizza night - Thursday, August 14/08
Posted: 8/14/2008 3:56:13 PM
Sorry Dano I would love to come but with the weather being awesome I will be riding tonight.
To everyone who does go have a great time.
 redsss
Msg: 10 (view)

POF Pizza night - Thursday July 17/08 - Norwood Hotel
Posted: 7/17/2008 2:51:19 PM
I would love to join you guys but with this weather I will be riding tonight.
 redsss

Zipping....along at 150 feet up
Posted: 7/13/2008 7:39:51 AM
You mentioned that it's not cheap.....
Do you have an idea on the price?
That might decide for some people if they would be interested.
 redsss
Msg: 63 (view)

ladies contacting the guy
Posted: 6/21/2008 7:02:42 AM
I too have contacted several men and there again they read and then delete without a thanks or no thanks in reply.
I myself reply to the few emails I do receive if only to say thanks for viewing my profile but I don't think we have anything in common.
To me this is respect.
Just my 2 cents worth.
 redsss
Msg: 3 (view)

Canada Wide Credit Unions All Down Today ........
Posted: 6/20/2008 3:47:08 PM
I have used my debit card a few times today and I haven't had any problems or any other day for that matter.
 redsss

Kill or Be Killed, what would you choose?
Posted: 5/25/2008 7:37:37 AM
I would choose B...kill them. I wouldn't think twice.
 redsss

Criminal Sentencing
Posted: 5/25/2008 7:35:52 AM
In my experiences the accused especially with more than one charge will always plead down....
Just because someone is charges with something does not guarantee that the accused will spend any time in jail...that is up to the lawyers and judge to decide....depending on how the accused pleads down and if this is there first time they probaby won't though.
The victim services is the chance for the victim to be heard before sentencing by reading their victim impact statement, if a child is involved they spend time with the child showing them the court room before and explaining what is going to happen and where everyone sits etc....they will also be there on the day of court to sit with.
The preliminary trail is for the judge to see if there enough evidence to go to trial....
Don't be surprised if the 9 charges get pleaded down to only 2 or 3....that is completely normal.
Good luck.
 redsss

Grand Forks, menards, border crossing.... bars... rubber glove ???wtf ! lol
Posted: 5/21/2008 7:31:52 PM
I travel to the States all the time and I have never had any problems and yes I have (do) lie at the border coming back.
This friday I am going down in the morning to have a new tire installed on my bike and then ride back. When they ask if I bought anything the answer will be no, if they ask did you do any repairs to your vechile again the answer will be no. There is no way for them to tell. If they ask why I went down, I just went for a ride for the day.
 redsss

Did You Know ..... ?
Posted: 5/5/2008 3:41:26 AM
Any month starting on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th".
 redsss

Those Oh Shit moments ...........
Posted: 5/2/2008 6:46:07 AM
I know someone that when she sneezed she hit the gas peddle instead of the brake and wrote her car off with the accident she caused.....
 redsss
Msg: 70 (view)

2nd ANNUAL POF CLASSICS CAFÉ POOL TOURNAMENT 19th APRIL 2008
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:59:47 PM
prince harold if you would have shown up like you said you were you would have know who had won what.
 redsss

Posted: 4/19/2008 9:29:39 PM
Thanks Ridencab for a great time! From what I could see most people had a good time and some even won gifts.

A BIG BOO (cause if I said anything else I would be banned again) to the ones who said they were coming and then never showed up. This caused a problem and had us getting off to a slow start.

I would like to thank my partner for the fun and for his excellent shots that put us in the winning seat at the very end....couldn't have done it without you.
 redsss

Grand Forks shopping trip....
Posted: 4/11/2008 3:11:19 PM
A friend of mine at work is building a cabin/house and is buying all there wood, windows, insulation etc at Menards. The price difference is unbelievable. Apparently she was saying they will deliver to the border. If you happen to take drawings down they have no problem figuring out what you need and the quanity at no charge to you. As far as duty is concerned I will ask her on Monday. You are allowed $400.00 duty free after 48 hours. So if you have a friend and you just go down for Menards with there prices you could sure get a he** of alot for $800.00.
Like I said I will talk to my friend on Monday and see what else I can find out for you.
 redsss

car with kids.. banning smoking..
Posted: 4/2/2008 7:56:08 PM
Ok so most of you don't want smoking around kids.
Now lets take it a step further and bring in drinking in front of kids....why not ban booze in homes.....kids shouldn't be subject to seeing one or two of their parents getting drunk every night and maybe even fighting, hitting, swearing and the list goes on....hell lets ban booze all together, anywhere a kid could be present...for example...hockey games, football games, baseball games, etc.
I have been to country where they rule what the people can and cannot do....the government talking control and you know where that can lead...check your history books on Hilter....he took rights away a little at a time until no one had any rights and no one fought back....
 redsss
Msg: 55 (view)

car with kids.. banning smoking..
Posted: 4/2/2008 3:37:43 PM
First of all I am not a smoker but I think the non-smokers have gone too far!

I paid for my car and what I do in my car is my business and if I choose to smoke or allow someone else to smoke (with a child in the car) that is my choice unless the government would like to make the loan payment.

A pet peeve of mine is that the non-smokers wanted the smokers to go outside and they got there wish. They moved outside and business put up patio etc for them....now the problem there is the smokers go to get a table (as they have been banished to the outside) and they can't find a damn table available cause all the non-smokers are taking them up. NON_SMOKERS go back inside where you belong....that's what you wanted anyways.
 redsss

Posted: 3/27/2008 3:54:36 PM
Hey girlfriend I only need 1 ticket please.
See ya there.
 redsss
Msg: 37 (view)

POF Get together Rockwood Legion off Grant Avenue
Posted: 1/21/2008 3:35:23 AM
Hey ReynaIndia if you are talking about going to the Rockwood Legion this Tuesday you have the wrong date....it was held last Saturday night. If you will notice the posting has the wrong date in the headline area but if you read further into the event you will see that it said Saturday the 19th. Sorry that you missed it.
 redsss
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2008 7:25:28 PM
Sorry but I have never phoned to confirm for any event...that's what the party thread is for...signing up and if I did have a question about the event I would send an email.

I agree that he should post something so that no ones shows up on the 22nd.
 redsss
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2008 1:11:53 PM
Well simply....single if something did come up that he wasn't able to make it, he has had plenty of time to post something on here giving his explanation.
And if this something came up before the night was to begin something should also have been posted.
I for one will not attend another function of his and after many pof'ers reading this I bet many others won't either.
 redsss
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2008 12:29:45 AM
This will be the last event I ever go to hosted by this host as he didn't even have the decency to show up himself.
Maybe no one ever informed him that if you put on an event at least show up for it....
 redsss

Are You Listening To Christmas Music Yet?
Posted: 11/19/2007 4:00:09 PM
I am with you A Purrrfect Pisces.
As far as I am concerned Christmas could be cancelled and it wouldn't bother me at all.
 redsss
Msg: 13 (view)

Dont take my money then.
Posted: 11/3/2007 6:58:42 AM
I myself have seen more 10's and 20's being counterfeit like someone said it is much easier to pass along cause no one thinks twice about them, they are too worried about the 50's and 100's. I can say if I was in that business I would be printing the 10's and 20's.
 redsss

Dont take my money then.
Posted: 11/2/2007 7:02:07 PM
I with you on this one Sas....I too would order more than 20.00 worth and if they wouldn't take it I would tell them to keep it.
 redsss

How many kids did you have?
Posted: 11/1/2007 7:34:10 PM
In 1 hour I had 139 kids and had to shut off the lights and close the door as I was out of candy....going to plan for 200 next year.
 redsss
Msg: 14 (view)

Oct 07 Shooting At The Empire Club
Posted: 10/23/2007 1:50:55 PM
The Empire HAS a metal detector AND a camera but they choose not to turn them on..
 redsss

Posted: 10/23/2007 4:01:24 AM
In response to Wer1.

Yes CanadInns do take pictures of your photo but only after a certain time. So if I was wanting to bring a gun with me that day I would go early and no problem.

Someone did tell me once that they only do this on weekends not during the week but I don't know if it's true as the only time I have gone during the week is right after work and then there is no security and no photo ID.
 redsss

Posted: 10/22/2007 2:57:44 PM
Having a metal detector won't stop it...besides the shooting are happening outside the bar. Metal detectors aren't the answer and all you will accomplice is more knives being used then.

There is already a law on the books for a extra 5 years added to a person's sentence if they commit the crime with a firearm but most of the time they do not impose the time...that is the justice systems fault cause it is there if they wanted to use it.
 redsss
Msg: 4 (view)

Corporate Clothing - Where to Find
Posted: 10/17/2007 2:53:28 PM
You can also try xpression (I think that is how you spell it) but I know they are in the yellow pages. My son used to work there and there work is really good.
 redsss

Big Brothers & Big Sisters?
Posted: 10/17/2007 2:51:12 PM
My son had a big brother but it didn't work out the best. He was a really nice guy but didn't seem to have the time to spend with my son like he was suppose to. He didn't have kids of his own so I don't think he knew what to do cause anytime they did spend together they usually just watched a movie or tv.
 redsss

Above The Law ... ?
Posted: 10/8/2007 9:28:33 AM
Our judicial system does stink....I agree with that one.

But when it comes to cops things have a way of disappearing be it evidence or tickets.
 redsss

Rainy Day!
Posted: 10/8/2007 9:23:17 AM
Well I am stuck in Saskatchewan cause of the rain so I will watching the football game with my girlfriend.
We had turkey dinner yesterday at another girlfriends house so we don't have any leftovers.
Then tonight it will be the hot tub like every other night.
 redsss

Above The Law ... ?
Posted: 10/8/2007 9:12:40 AM
I think we all should be treated equally but we all know this doesn't happen.

Personally I think whether you kill a cop or just another person your punishment should be the same. It's like saying to the victim's family....that guy only got 10 yrs cause your daughter doesn't matter whereas if he would have killed a cop he would have gotten 25 yrs. Give me a break.....my daughter is just as important to me as that cop was to his family.

In answer to your questions: Is our law enforcement above the law?

They think they are cause the public allows it. Remember that cop that killed that women on the perimeter when he was drunk....well what happen to him and did the public get angry and demand actions....NO. Now if that was you or I we would be hung out to dry.

It's time the public said something. They know right from wrong the same as us.

We have a saying: If you do the crime you do the time. Cop or no cop.
 redsss

Halloween Party October 27th
Posted: 10/6/2007 1:22:52 PM
51 and counting,

You can park right behind The Connection and also in front on the street or across the street.
 redsss
Msg: 8 (view)

healthy food in school
Posted: 9/21/2007 12:22:28 PM
I know for myself if your kids were to come to my door as a fundraiser for school with popcorn, pizza's, spices etc I would not purchase these items (greatly due to the cost but also the wait for them) but if they can with chocolates I always buy.
I also think that if the school takes away all the junk food but still continues to sells chocolates as there fundraiser...well all I have to say for those on the counsil....you are nothing more than hipitcrites (not the best speller). I will now ask the students when they come to the door if there is junk food in there school and if the answer is no then I will NOT buy the chocolates but instead will give them a note to return to there school.
I do not mean to offend you sweethangtoo.
 redsss

healthy food in school
Posted: 9/21/2007 12:13:46 PM
I don't agree with it at all. It should be my choice what my childs eats. Like someone said are they going to start telling us what is allowed for us to send to school for there lunch. I think the school trustee's/board should keep there nose out of it and maybe pay more attention to all the drugs and bullies in school...now that would make a HUGE difference.
This subject has pissed me off so I think I will go have a chocolate bar....oh well and bag of chips too......just kidding.
But really who are they to say what my child can eat.
Give it a break.
 redsss

Bidding Wars/ houses
Posted: 9/2/2007 1:52:21 PM
Well thank gawd I don't have to worry about buying another house as I also own one in the city that I have moved into (was renting it out). If I would have had to buy another place, well lets just say I am sure glad I didn't have to.
 redsss

Bidding Wars/ houses
Posted: 9/2/2007 12:49:58 PM
I too know a few people who have paid waaaay over the asking price just to get it. I myself think it is stupid but then if you are trying to buy you have no choice as every sale seems to be a bidding war. Now on the other hand the seller is laughing all the way to the bank and then some.
Right now I am getting ready to sell my country home and I am trying to decide if I should sell it to the neighbour who has wanted it for years for a good price (a bit of profit) or put it on the market and let the bidding take over and come away with a mitt full of cash but also the feeling I took advantage of my neighbour if he happens to start bidding and pays way more than it is worth. Oh sure I like to make a huge profit but at who's expense.

Show ALL Forums