Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Question about fast food?
 Chromie
Msg: 23 (view)

Question about fast food?
Posted: 3/15/2009 2:10:43 PM
Best way to not worry about it is not eat it. Nothing good ever came out of a McDonald's.
 Chromie
Msg: 17 (view)

Stairmaster vs treadmill vs elliptical
Posted: 3/15/2009 1:52:40 PM
I use a combination of the three when working out every week. I can't stick myself to one thing or I'll get bored with it so I vary my cardio workouts on top of my weight training. I've found that I can be on the treadmill for a while and not break a sweat but get on the bike and within minutes I have it pouring off of me.
 Chromie
Msg: 113 (view)

Could you be in a relationship with a long haul truck driver?
Posted: 3/15/2009 1:26:53 PM
Honestly I think I could handle that a lot better sometimes. I'm such an independent person that I can't handle someone trying to do things for me all the time. Sometimes the help is great...other times not so great. Especially when I know I can do something myself.

Not to mention I enjoy my quiet time.
 Chromie
Msg: 99 (view)

How come we all get so picky after 30?
Posted: 3/15/2009 1:07:21 PM
We got wiser. We learned what does and doesn't work in a relationship. We have a better understanding of what we want.
 Chromie
Msg: 64 (view)

WHY are you guys so QUIET when you have sex? Moan for me!
Posted: 8/14/2007 5:52:51 PM
It's not the fact that we have to be validated with a simple moan, it's just that most guys enjoy hearing us when we are enjoying it and by dang we like hearing how well you like it too...don't just hold your breathe and give a few grunts at the end (as was previously mentioned) let it out dang it!!

When its necessary to be quiet, children or guests in the home for instance, then yes by all means tone it down a bit. But if it's just the two of you let it out, some of us ladies love that. I know i do.
 Chromie
Msg: 13 (view)

NHL Mid-Season
Posted: 1/11/2007 6:49:33 AM
Don't sleep on the Preds. Vokoun's back. Not to mention the Ducks were beat in overtime here in Nashville 2 nights ago. It's definitely gonna be a crazy finish to the season.
 Chromie
Msg: 2 (view)

NCAA Football and the BCS
Posted: 1/11/2007 6:46:18 AM
The system needs a total overhaul. It needs playoffs terribly bad. I hate the way it's done now because there are some teams that deserve being in certain bowls...and what the heck is the deal with all these new bowl games? Music City Bowl...Independence Bowl...what the crap? It's ridiculous.
 Chromie
Msg: 31 (view)

Super Bowl Predictions
Posted: 1/11/2007 6:43:53 AM
Indy will find their demise this week I do believe. A rested Baltimore team is not somebody to sleep on. Granted I'm a Chiefs Chick...but Indy, the game was handed to you by Herm last week. (By the way thanks a lot King Carl for giving away draft picks for such an idiot coach) I was there and witnessed every unfortunate "not able to make a first down for nearly 3 quarters" play. Things would've been better had Green been pulled...or Waters hadn't stepped on his foot when we were just a short hop out of the goal line. Had the Chiefs been able to score first I think the entire tempo of the game would've changed. But it's done and over now...good luck to the rest of the teams. Watch out for Baltimore Manning...they have your number ;)
 Chromie
Msg: 16 (view)

NFL Awards
Posted: 1/4/2007 7:13:26 AM
Maybe someone's a little biased in their picking LT for MVP AND OPOTY...MVP no...I give it to Brees. Stellar season this kid has had and even after the shoulder, he's carrying a city on his back. That entire team is carrying that city on their back and they've done an excellent job of giving them hope. LT can have the OPOTY...I give him props but I think next season he'll find it won't be as easy for him to run. (Especially after MartyBall jacks up their playoff run...trust me I know all about MartyBall and the playoffs.)
 Chromie
Msg: 6 (view)

playoff picks-wildcard weekend
Posted: 1/4/2007 6:49:07 AM
KC @ Indy
Dallas @ Seatlle
NYJ @ NE
NYG @ Philly

Indy can't stop LJ and the Chiefs control the ball AND the clock. Peyton chokes and runs like the devil from Ty Law (Law is Peytons kryptonite you know) and the Chiefs come out on top with a 24-17 win.

Seattle finally finds their defense but Romo can't throw the ball. Seattle wins 17-10.

Brady can't get the ball down the field and the Jets knock him out of the game. Jets win 24-20.

Tiki it may be your last run in the playoffs but Philly finds a way to get it done like they have all season....Sorry Tiki no dice for you this time. Philly on top 23-17.
 Chromie
Msg: 34 (view)

Kansas City Chiefs
Posted: 1/4/2007 6:35:32 AM
First off, I still support Hermy...Secondly you have to realize Herm is a media genius--he says just enough to keep them guessing. Third, Hermy is going into do or die mode...when it's playoff time and he's in it he pulls the players that aren't doing well. So if Green starts gettin shady you can bet your sweet a$$ that Huard will be on his way into the game.

How much is there to guess when he goes run run pass punt? Every defense in the league knew what we were coming at em with...thank God he finally let Solari open up the books a little bit and have some trick plays like the flea flicker early in the Jax game. We are damned lucky to be in the playoffs this year...we really did not have a playoff caliber team...Thank the football gods for Lamar and Stram and DT being up there watching over these boys and giving them that lil extra push to get into the playoffs and shoving the Donkeys right out of it.

Thank gosh we are playing the worst run defense in the NFL this round. Next round we won't be so lucky...it's the Chargers. But I'm thinking if these boys can get fired up enough we can stuff LT and let LJ have the reigns.

Lastly...as being one of the few but damn proud Chiefs fans here in Tennessee all I gotta say is GO CHIEFS!! Bring the Hunt trophy and the Lombardi trophy back home where they belong...1 Arrowhead Drive!!
 Chromie
Msg: 3 (view)

New Kid On The Block...
Posted: 12/29/2006 6:21:34 AM
Howdy Buck!! I got some homemade cookies hehe...I made some chocolate chip ones this morning if those are alright... Welcome to POF!!
 Chromie
Msg: 236 (view)

Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?
Posted: 12/28/2006 1:05:04 PM
^^^Maybe you're messing with the wrong chicks? I dunno...I have a problem with not getting it enough...
 Chromie
Msg: 33 (view)

What to do if they do not talk back????
Posted: 12/28/2006 11:47:03 AM
I actually had this happen a couple of weeks ago...Went on a date with this guy and I'm a very open and honest person and rarely get nervous when meeting someone for the first time because it's either gonna work or its not. Well all through dinner I'm doing my best to make conversation...talking about sports, weather, music...anything I could think of. All I could get out of him was "Yea I like that" or "That's crazy"...He was so nervous he nearly knocked over his drink, he hit his steak knife and flung it onto the floor by the table next to us (I'm just glad it didn't hit the guy sitting there" and spilled his soup. A 31 year old man this nervous...I thought only us ladies got nervous like that....Not to mention he was the slowest eater I'd ever seen. I'm not a speed eater by any means but dang when you're not talking and you're still not eating? Somethings wrong. Then to top it off after he paid for dinner and the waitress brought his card back to the table she said "Thanks Mr. and Mrs. (insert name here)" I was like oh no...This is not good. I then decided it was time to end it. I walked to the truck and when he said "Can I have a hug before you leave" I obliged with the hug and immediately bid him farewell and left. Before 15 minutes had even past he was already calling to apologize for his nervousness and lack of communication but it had already ruined it for me. If ya can't hold a conversation (a decent one at least) I don't want to spend my dinners with you.
 Chromie
Msg: 1 (view)

Howdy ya'll
Posted: 12/28/2006 11:26:07 AM
I've had my profile on here for a couple months and just now decided to stop by the forums and see what they were all about. Just a southern belle here doing a bit of searching...

I wish you all a wonderful, safe and prosperous New Year...I hope you get everything you wish for...
 Chromie
Msg: 232 (view)

Tom Boy's, a Plus or a Minus in Men's Books?
Posted: 12/28/2006 11:20:28 AM
Well I love being a tomboy...I don't climb trees or nothin but I can fix things around the house...fix my truck...go muddin...camping and fishing (I even bait my own hook haha). But when it's time to look like a lady I do what I have to do and look the way I'm supposed to. Living by myself I'm used to getting out in the yard and getting dirty and sweaty...but then I go clean up and smell like a girl should smell.
 Chromie
Msg: 115 (view)

Pets...
Posted: 12/28/2006 9:04:17 AM
I have actually been in this situation. I was dating a man that said he loved animals. Well he loved them when they were outside. When he met my 130 pound pit/blue heeler mix dog Rosco his story changed. All of a sudden he was allergic to animal dander. He said to me "If you want me to come visit you the dog will have to go outside. It's nasty that he's in the house and it's even worse that you let him sleep at the foot of your bed." I promptly told him "The dog goes no where. He sleeps at the foot of my bed facing the window because he's protecting me. I think if you can't handle my dog you can't handle me and you need to leave." Needless to say that was the end of that relationship. He was a wonderful man...but don't tell me it's "me or the dog"...because sir you can kiss my you know what and don't let the door hit ya on the way out. You want me it's a package deal you get my dog too. I don't have children so he's my baby...He knows when my mom or dad comes over...They even get him presents for Christmas. He loves his "Nanny and Papa" and if I tell him his Nanny is there or his Papa is there he's headed for the door, he knows who they are and he loves to go riding in the truck with me. I'd be rich a 100 times over if I had a dime for every time he's made me smile or cuddled up to me when he knows I've been sad. That's my buddy.
 Chromie
Msg: 388 (view)

Would you sign a prenuptial agreement?
Posted: 12/28/2006 8:52:22 AM
Wow...First off it's not that easy.

Take for instance the situation I was in with my ex-husband. I was 19 he was 16. We got engaged 6 months after we started dating. We weren't married until 4 years later. Over the course of those 4 years we lived together for 3 of them. I was not allowed to go to the grocery store on my own, my mother-in-law-to-be lived next door and I worked with her so she could keep an eye on me while he was at work because we worked seperate shifts. I was 100 miles away from my family...when my brother graduated high school my fiance told me I couldn't go...I went anyway. He knew I'd never have told him anything of the sort. When he and I were seperated my grandmother passed away, he knew how terribly close I was to her, yet did he attend her funeral and be there to comfort me (as I had done for him through 4 funerals for his family)...no he did not. It was at that point I realized how much he actually "loved" me. He didn't. No amount of words he could've ever said and no matter what he tried...I knew in my heart of hearts he didn't love me like he said he did. There was no compromise coming from his end but yet I was bending over backwards for him.

It took the ending of that relationship for me to realize that if someone can't meet me halfway that there's no future. And I will not let someone take away from me what I worked so hard for. When I bought this house I'm in now (that I have no intention of leaving because it's paid for)...it was with money that I'd won from the lottery. Money that I won 5 years to the day that my grandmother passed away. I had no car, was working 60 hours a week, was about to lose my apartment because I couldn't pay the rent. It's hard as hell to live somewhere with a roommate and they up and leave and you're stuck with all the bills. I couldn't afford groceries...much less get my car fixed.

So if having someone sign a pre-nup makes me a bad person then by all means call me the Devil. I'm protecting ME...
 Chromie
Msg: 385 (view)

Would you sign a prenuptial agreement?
Posted: 12/28/2006 8:25:01 AM
In the situation I'm in currently with a brand new home that is paid for (was paid for with cash when I bought it 2 years ago) and a couple automobiles that are brand new and paid for, it would be mandatory for whoever came into my life that if we were to get married they'd have to sign a pre-nup. I will not get married again without one. Security measure...especially since I work my tail off trying to keep everything I have and make things better. Good thing my dad raised me to be independant and self-reliant because the way some men are I'm better off without them. I've been divorced nearly 7 years and when I married that first time I was young and stupid....He and I both were. You know how it is when you're young you think you know it all. Anyway...yes there's going to be a pre-nup for whoever comes into my life in the future.
 Chromie
Msg: 5 (view)

hi nash .
Posted: 12/28/2006 8:16:54 AM
Well I'm here but nobody else is here I don't think...It's awfully quiet here....Kinda scary...Can somebody get me a flashlight it's a little dark over here. just kidding...But it is terribly quiet...
 Chromie
Msg: 13 (view)

Super Bowl Predictions
Posted: 12/28/2006 7:46:22 AM
I have to go with the Ravens and the Pats. Pats always find a way to win, Colts always choke and can't stop the run, Chargers are good but MartyBall will kill them in the playoffs because no matter how good Marty is at NOT playing MartyBall during the regular season he always goes too conservative in the playoffs (See 90's Chiefs team---Go Chiefs)...Bears can't depend on Grossman. One week he's dead on the next he's way off. But anything could happen...I could be totally wrong but I think the Ravens are gonna come out on top this year. It's their year and of course McNair has to have a stellar season after having left the Titans haha...

GO CHIEFS!!

Show ALL Forums