Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Who is telling us the truth?
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 29 (view)

Who is telling us the truth?
Posted: 4/30/2012 12:40:06 AM
I am pretty damn blunt with my opinions on and offline, Depending on the subject both online and offline, I can be a bit loud about it either way. Generally I try and be kind and give them the truth from my perspective but if its a subject I am passionate about I get a tad loud :P Lots of Inaccurate brutality on this forum (Examples many of the give up, you will never get a girlfriend or boyfriend doing insert random non standard thing, just in my life I have seen many of these non standard people have relationships)
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 4 (view)

Hassled mother protest over target store nurse-in
Posted: 4/29/2012 10:11:30 PM
I think people offended by nursing in public should be forced to eat their meals in a public bathroom.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 8 (view)

So what song is your speakers rocking?
Posted: 4/29/2012 9:40:21 PM
deadmau5 - Raise Your Weapon
 vampyreshadow

So, where are those of you...
Posted: 4/28/2012 3:09:27 PM
Only thing I can say to this.....

"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Ever think that perhaps the reason some people enjoy having fun and living life, is they have pondered the subjects, and still ponder the subjects, they just like doing so in a manner in which suits them as a person.
 vampyreshadow

Is asking for a paternity test viewed by women as a personal insult?
Posted: 4/28/2012 11:08:46 AM
I think it should be done with all Children, saves allot of drama later on. My ex never questioned the paternity of his kids till he cheated and asked for a divorce, I was a tad offended then, because it upset the hell out of the girls having to do that so late in life, turns out he wasted a shit load of money and upset the girls. Wishing I had just done it with each kid as they were born and saved a later argument.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 32 (view)

Quadruple Bypass Burgers?
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:38:52 AM
Gorge myself to death? I have never had a weight problem, I have an active lifestyle and practice something called self control, my kids are the same and they eat fast food sometimes, might shock you but people can keep their own weight in check and control their own diet :p Heck PARENTS control the school lunch program in my kids school and out of the 57 kids in the school we have one who is overweight and she was born with some health issues, thyroid to be exact, but rural ranch people tend to stay more active (We cook school lunches and bring them in).

And fyi most of the corn subsidies are for Green, actually http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/content/looming-food-crisis, http://www.card.iastate.edu/policy_briefs/display.aspx?id=1155, the Corn subsidies resulted mainly in the rising cost of food, between crop land diverted to Growing corn that is put in our gas tanks, Hopefully the end of the 30 year Corn Subsidies for ethanol gets our farms producing something else.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 4/28/2012 3:16:25 AM
Frank, Libertarians are against that so don't blame us on our country trying to meddle, that would be both the Democrats and the Republicans, pick one :P Actually the LP wants to close every darn base and get the hell out of everyone else's affairs. We aren't the world police, to many times our government butts its nose in where it isn't wanted, other countries don't like it, and I don't like it with my life choices either, if I want to smoke a joint that is between my boss and I same for Alcohole, if I want to eat a crispy cream donut, and eat an Awful Awful (Huge hamburger) its my dietary choice. Some of us like being treated like adults who can make our own choices.

Personally I like having fun, I like taking risks, life is to darn short not to enjoy yourself at times, I disapprove of the vice style legislation, vice laws, the irrational fear that someone, somewhere might be enjoying life.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 4/28/2012 3:04:53 AM
Frank, Um wrong, Clint Eastwood is a self proclaimed libertarian, hes registered republican to vote in Primaries, but he swings libertarian, he has flat out lambasted the Republican party for being against gay marriages and abortion, and is against our interventionism policy

And how this matters, I could have added the full list, but it matters because you are using a logical fallacy to attack the LP based on bullshit myth. We are just freedom loving, individual right supporting people.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 4/28/2012 1:47:28 AM
Frank, thanks for proving you know nothing of what libertarians stand for, or are, we aren't a bunch of Anti Social gun nuts or survivalists, we certainly do not cling to nationalism and the flag (Actually we are proponents that support freedom of expression including burning said flag) , but keep up the ranting. I guess you would call Clint Eastwood, Dixie Carter, Drew Carey, John Stossel, Kurt Russell, Tom Selleck, Tommy Chong, Trey Parker (All high profile stars) anti social survivalists, along with Penn and Teller, wouldn't call them exactly a bunch of compound living nuts, well I might say Penn and Teller are a bit nuts but in a fun way. Keep hanging out with the same people that Penn and Teller got to sign a petition banning water, without once lying. Irrational fears and demanding government intervention is good :P
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 11 (view)

we are all individuals!
Posted: 4/28/2012 1:15:59 AM
I believe our herd instincts, nationalism etc, get us into to much trouble, and individualism and individual thinking should be encouraged, See Stanley Malgrims Perils of Obedience, free thinkers tend to cause less trouble then Authoritarian mentalities.Bad people do bad things all the time, but for good people to do bad things, one just need to encourage blind obedience to authority
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 4/28/2012 12:19:50 AM
Balsamica DING WRONG, I am a Libertarian and an Atheist (Yeah if I was your typical right winger I couldn't even utter those words, I am the most distrusted minority, and have been even called a devil) :p Democrats, always accusing me of being a Republican, Ironically Republicans in debates always accuse me of being a democrat, but this one does one better, accusing me of being republican and christian, LMAO I am most definitely not close to either one but thanks for the ASSumption, gave me a good laugh for the day. I for one do not want a government that can't even seem to keep its budget in check taking care of me, thanks :) To err is human, to cause a clusterfuck requires government intervention
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 20 (view)

There's a possum in my pocket!
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:12:39 PM
I deal with allot of nature where I live, Scariest, a mountain lion coming into my guest bedroom and eating my cats, neatest, Rescuing a Golden Eagle that got zapped by the Power lines, funniest, has to be the School Deer, have a really small rural school that a deer always visits, its been in and out of the school since it was a fawn, and the kids feed it, well it came in during a birthday lunch and tried to eat the cake, or the badger a friend has that is leash trained, badgers are adorable.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 383 (view)

George Zimmerman (watchguard) is in FBI custody!
Posted: 4/27/2012 9:36:24 PM
Nothing good ever comes from these media circuses, it corrupts due process and taints juries. Why bother trying the guy at all, the media and the populace has convicted him, and would likely lynch him if given the chance. While I am deeply troubled that a 17 year old kid is dead, I think our media is doing more harm then good. If George Zimmerman does turn out Innocent this is going to start another stupid race riot.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 35 (view)

U.S Marine discharged after Pres. Obama facebook criticism.
Posted: 4/27/2012 8:09:26 PM
I don't like Obama, but this isn't a free speech issue, this is a military issue, you sign much away when you enlist into the military. You can get arrested for not showing up to duty :P any other place you just get fired, basically he is screwing with the chain of command and that is a HUGE no no in any of the armed forces.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 4/27/2012 6:22:30 PM
I would eat there, :P Listen people, its not the availability of food that is the problem, its the people who eat it, its a choice, and any choice has the possibility of abuse and harm, we have computer addicts, sex addicts, coffee addicts, people who actually od on water. We can't keep trying to protect people from themselves... Now... I am going to buy myself a black market donut loaded with transfats. I tend to however agree with Shel Silverstien on the matter, "You're still gonna, still gonna, still gonna die.
Still gonna, still gonna, still gonna die.
So you'd better have some fun
'Fore you say bye-bye,
'Cause you're still gonna, still gonna, still gonna die."

And no not everyone who eats fast food is fat unless you consider me fat :P My eldest eats fast food, and shes to tiny to donate blood
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 49 (view)

to stay or not to stay
Posted: 4/27/2012 3:09:07 AM
Jac, I don't know about in BC, but allot of places here, they do not have specialized units for Rape, and the police will divulge info on rape to random people at times (They got in real trouble disclosing the name of a teen girl raped by one of the officers down here, actually virtually all of our pd got fired over it)
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 48 (view)

Woman pumps the gas while boyfriend sits in car
Posted: 4/27/2012 2:26:26 AM
You sure all these times were a girl with a boyfriend, not just a guy friend, I drive allot of males around. Not a darn one of them is my boyfriend, never been intimate, etc, sometimes Ill go in and buy snacks, they don't want to come in so they sit on their butt in the car and wait, if I am pumping gas, its my darn atm, so they (no matter how much they offer) aren't doing my gas. I know quite frequently someone has commented that one of these guys is my boyfriend, despite the fact that we are just talking and hanging out. (Not that I would be to upset if I had to pump my own gas with a boyfriend, I do it all the time, its not that hard)

Actually pork rinds and mountain dew it very likely could be me and a male friend going to a lan party :P
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 502 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/27/2012 2:02:05 AM
Wow thanks for assuming I have issues for being born a tomboy :P I was playing with cars, trucks, tractors, etc while I was still in diapers, I preferred them. But again, love how you assume every woman is born thinking one way :P and was somehow corrupted by the evils of feminism :)
 vampyreshadow

Humour
Posted: 4/27/2012 1:56:03 AM
LOL, last guy I dated made me laugh, he was actually pretty funny and I enjoyed talking to him when he wasn't being a nut, he was also 387 pounds, and kinda goofy looking. I didn't leave him because he was goofy looking or obese, he got really jealous and possessive and flipped out at me for hugging a friend.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 18 (view)

user on 2 different dating sites
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:39:45 PM
I had two different profiles to that were different, one said a different age and married :P it for some reason forgot to change age :P and I hadn't been there since I was bored doing quizzes.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 34 (view)

26 never had a serious relationship
Posted: 4/26/2012 7:08:03 PM
Don't even need to knock off the video games to get dates, just cut back some and leave the house. I am a gamer who knows male gamers with *Gasp* Girlfriends :P actually half of them, their girlfriends game as well (Honestly a hell of allot more interesting then some goofy tv show, which most of these game bashing people watch)

And FYI money doesn't matter (regardless of what people tell you) I know guys who game, and work at walmart that are engaged to be married. Pizza Hut to, tip is, be yourself, socialize and someone will love you for it :)
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 31 (view)

Big ego or Self-esteem?
Posted: 4/26/2012 2:20:42 PM
LMAO, lots of assumptions on this thread, true there are some trades you are expendable, others you do not have to eat any shit you do not want to because your skills are in short demand. Nothing wrong with not wanting to eat shit, and kiss ass to keep a job, my dad is that way, but he doesn't have to be. His boss treats him like gold because he knows he has offers elsewhere.

Do not see any problem with telling a boss off personally, sometimes it needs done.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 485 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/26/2012 9:33:44 AM
Yeah feminism works great for ending dating and birth control :P that is why there are so many feminists with kids, more then a few on this thread alone, and I doubt even half of us got pregnant via ivf :P

And capn some of us are noisy about Sharia law,

http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2012/03/anne-marie-waters-sharia-law-and-middle.html
http://www.gender-focus.com/tag/sharia-law/
I know a few others haven't gone so far into the PC, multiculturalism bull shit. More Atheist and Secularist feminists are against this nonsense. Cultural relativism doesn't work, we can't have our head stuck up our collective arses, But its the popular trend to be politically correct. As for being afraid of Sharia Law here, I doubt that will happen, to many armed people, men and woman alike..
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 5 (view)

to stay or not to stay
Posted: 4/26/2012 2:53:37 AM
Leave her, holy hell false accusations of rape? This woman and her actions trying to cover her ass could have screwed another persons life up permanently, I can't believe you forgave that one at all. You can not fix her, she sounds like she is mentally ill, this isn't just poor judgement on her part, this is sheer disregard for anyone but herself.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 8 (view)

Moving Home
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:51:31 AM
Do what you think is the best decison. Who cares what a prospective woman thinks. Remember at the end of the day you need to be happy spiriitually, menatally, and financially. Do not adjust your current and future happiness for a woman.
This is dead on.

Not all woman will judge you for living at home, there are a hell of allot more understanding individuals in this world then these forums make humanity out to be. I have realized in browsing there are lots of bitter materialistic cynics here. One of my male friends got the girlfriend he is dating now, while he was living at home with his parents.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 18 (view)

Irretrievably broken...
Posted: 4/26/2012 12:32:05 AM
As someone who lost a son, I can sympathize, while I can not say you will ever get over it, I haven't, but it does get easier to cope with. Don't give up your life, but do allow yourself time to heal, remember the good times, and cherish the memories.

Sometimes the ugliness of humanity disgusts me, I just do not get how people could do something so vile. My deepest condolences
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 10 (view)

Entirely Unable to Cope
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:53:27 PM
I know it sounds like a cheesy pat answer, but you can't rush back into something in the state you are in. You sound a hell of allot like a good friend when this girlfriend of his left him. He survived, found another really nice girl who was just as good looking as the first, with less issues. But he had to heal first, good friends helped, can't go into a relationship thinking of someone else. You will never find another her, and given the way she made you feel in the end that is probably for the best, but if you compare another to her you are doing yourself, and the new woman a disservice
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 49 (view)

Should women accept money from men...
Posted: 4/25/2012 11:20:32 PM
JSNC7 I am not sure on this, we have legal prostitution, within the city limits, true its been here a hell of a long time, but we have a highly transient population (people move in and out all the time from other states) even with the guys the brothels are a novelty, lots visit but still look for a date. And yes, this sort of crap is topic of conversation around here :P
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 226 (view)

Sex and Dating late 30s and early 40s
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:38:00 PM
Not all men are desperate horn dogs, I have to0 many male friends to buy into stereotypes :P I know more then a few of different age groups looking for stable relationships, hell I know a few that wont even have sex unless they think it is with the right girl. The right guy will respect you the wrong one wont :P
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 43 (view)

Should women accept money from men...
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:36:54 PM
Gifts, expecting something in return?? That isn't a gift, that is bartering a trade, if she tells a man nothing ever happens, and he is stupid enough to still offer her shit expecting a trade then its his damn fault, a trade is only binding when both parties agree on the terms of said trade. Now I don't much care for the type of person who leads someone on to get free crap, but dating is caveat emptor (Let the buyer beware)

And you must be careful with threats, between Jail, and some ladies are pretty dangerous, and have guy friends, you might find yourself in a bad position threatening like that
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 3 (view)

Friend in relationship jealous of me
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:23:53 AM
You sure she doesn't sort of want you as more then a friend? This sounds like the date to make him notice (the whole wanting what isn't available theory) then put him in a position to console you game. Humans, so many games, what makes human watching so fun.
 vampyreshadow

Do your own divorce?
Posted: 4/25/2012 12:37:08 AM
DIY divorce is easy as long as both parties can sit down and agree upon terms. Sounds like a DIY divorce would be good for you. Both my friend, and I did DIY divorces, most people say I got screwed, but to be quite frank, about everything out of the marriage to fight over, I never wanted to begin with, custody was easy, split 50/50 and call it good.
 vampyreshadow

Is he Mr. Right..or just Mr. Right Now??
Posted: 4/24/2012 9:42:16 PM
I don't do the trade up thing, I only date people I find potential for the relationship to work. If its Mr Right now he knows flat out hes a fwb, or a friend. Not saying Ill chalk off the potential that the Friend or FWB might turn into someone I would date :P (Generally that's how I like starting anyways)
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 21 (view)

The Other Woman
Posted: 4/24/2012 2:30:33 AM
You, can't do anything for your "friend". If he is truly that miserable, he should leave. But you can not save people from themselves and their own unhappiness. If you do anything it is be there as a FRIEND, no more or no less, any further you wind up playing a dangerous game.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 465 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/24/2012 2:07:03 AM
I complain about equality while I am fighting for it, greeneyez. Like I have said I have been on both sides of the battle, used shit that would have made my life easier, though it would of gone against my grain (as a false threat) against a man in defense of another man. Alimony (because his ex wife genuinely was a gold digger, and would have put off marrying my ex to collect alimony). I've also struggled with the inequality in my trade, I would just like a chance to prove I can do the job, you know how frustrating it is, to be sent away without an interview after they schedule you one? Just because your female? I happen to know how this is. Because it affects my life and the life of my friends. because we are more equal then some, doesn't mean we can't do a small part to change the world (even if its just our own)

Its funny how often I get accused of being a pissed off man hater :P Happen to love men, some of my best friends are men. I am still a feminist no matter how many folks hate the term, never was big on the popularity contests :P
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 83 (view)

Instinct of Nature
Posted: 4/21/2012 6:26:26 PM
Kari, I had a Drake Muscovy that would drown ducklings trying to screw them, he quickly became roast duck. (After killing a few ducklings and goslings trying to screw them) this isn't the first time I have seen this behavior in raising critters, had a ram try the same crap. But it was the worst case because he killed 5 ducklings before I discovered the cause and decided to cull him from the flock.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 410 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/21/2012 3:00:34 PM
Kayla the ERA has been ratified at a state level in more then a few states, and is used as state constitutional law http://www.equalrightsamendment.org/ratified.htm

Remember just because it isn't on the constitution at a federal level, doesn't mean its not on a State Constitution, and doesn't mean its not used

It still fails in my state
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 20 (view)

SHE SAID A FULL BACKGROUND CHECK IS NEEDED FOR ONLINE DATING
Posted: 4/21/2012 4:08:36 AM
People are getting over the top paranoid :P I just meet in a public place, I mean I could ask for background checks, would be easier for me because I am a State Licensed PI (Long story) basically asking random strangers for their personal information when identity theft is prevalent only dates you are going to get are from complete idiots.

Silly method, when you can just as easy wait till later and you are considering making yourself a couple with them.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 166 (view)

You are Hot!!!
Posted: 4/21/2012 3:51:45 AM
Excuse me while I scratch my head at how this thread has made 8 pages, this whole thread seems much ado about nothing :P
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 48 (view)

20+ year age difference
Posted: 4/21/2012 2:53:38 AM
Daynadaze, what you said is one of my prime reasons for not dating the younger guys that offer to all the time, :P I do not think it is actually fair to expect someone to stick around when your death will obviously be allot sooner then theirs will be. Even assuming they love me enough to take care of me while I am dying, I don't want that. (Well that and it is really bizarre knowing the guy hitting on me is closer to my eldest daughters age then mine)
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 15 (view)

Do you think there is a double standard?
Posted: 4/21/2012 2:12:59 AM
Some people of both genders lie, to get one reward or another. Generally its Sex (males), money and gifts (females) I don't really think their is much a double standard since the people who generally do that would cheat on taxes and girlfriends/boyfriends. It really comes down to a lack of respect for the opposite gender, and a selfish attitude. Watch them, even the smoothest player has their tells.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 401 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/21/2012 1:51:55 AM
MCS, Just because we are a large portion of the population doesn't mean we don't run into bias and discrimination, I hold, and have earned more credentials in my trade then allot, due to how and where I was raised, I can do the job better then quite a few men, I still cant enter allot of interviews being cut off without a chance. If I was a small male, I would get an eye raise and tested, as a small female, I am just sent away without a chance to prove myself. The problem with my trade is two fold, they discriminate based on assuming lack of physical capability, and its a high risk trade. I can have glowing communication with a potential boss until he sees me, then he hires some joker strait out of the pen (that lacks a needed according to the add qualification) without even giving me a shot. Yes this happened to me. Small town, I know that helpers driller, and he is PISSED because he wanted me on the job and referred me, just neglected to tell the boss that I was a woman.

My skills are in a highly male dominated trade.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 196 (view)

Serial texters
Posted: 4/20/2012 11:34:35 PM
I don't much care for texting, it shocks people because I am addicted to my android I spend more time on it browsing the net then texting, or lately posting to this silly forum :P With friends and dating I prefer the good old fashioned method (Like pre phone even) hang out and talk in person. I have this fascination with watching body language, so hanging out gives me time for my other hobby, people watching :P
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 397 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/20/2012 10:39:23 PM
First, MCS, quit dodging the link I posted, NOW is fighting against most of your claims of what feminists are against...

NOW is a feminist organization, and fought on men's side to get woman only schools to open up to the opposite sex, fought against the all male draft along with the ACLU, fights gender bias in custody and child support, and are huge Backers of the ERA, which helps with both sides of the issue. Like the Guy who sued hooters to get a job, which he did thanks to the ERA

Second of all, to the guy who asked why woman want drafted? No one wants drafted if they did they would just enlist, I do not support the draft unless it is a dire emergency, but if I am told I have to go, and men are told they have to go, I am not going to dodge it, I probably could, due to the same reason a man in my position could, I am the primary (actually only) caregiver for 2 kids, probably soon to be three kids, but in my situation, I think I would go to prove a point. I know I could, my parents would be supportive.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 395 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/20/2012 9:59:47 PM
Fixed-variable, this might help :)

Actually there is a MAJOR feminist player in America trying to change this fact, its called NOW. And he ignored that post totally, actually there are probably others, the irony of him blaming it on woman when the ones stalling the now on Overturning the draft are the anti feminist groups. 1981, in Rostker v. Goldberg unfortunately they lost to the supreme court.

Actually NOW stands for allot of equality (NOW = National organization for womans rights)

See court cases they have been involved in

http://www.equalrightsamendment.org/faq.htm

"Women have participated in every war our country has ever fought, and they now hold top-level positions in all branches of the military, as well as in government defense and national security institutions. They are fighting and dying in combat, and the armed services could not operate effectively without their participation. However, without an ERA, their equal access to military career ladders and their protection against sex discrimination are not guaranteed.

The issue of the draft is often raised as an argument against the ERA. In fact, the lack of an ERA in the Constitution does not protect women against involuntary military service. Congress already has the power to draft women as well as men, and the Senate debated the possibility of drafting nurses in preparation for a possible invasion of Japan in World War II.

Traditionally, and currently, only males are required to register for the draft. After removing its troops from Vietnam in 1973, the United States shifted to an all-volunteer military and has not since that time conscripted registered men into service. In 1981, in Rostker v. Goldberg, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of a male-only draft registration.

In recent years, however, Department of Defense planning memos and Congressional bills dealing with the draft or national service have included both men and women in the system. With or without an ERA in the Constitution, it is virtually certain that a reactivated male-only draft would be legally challenged as a form of sex discrimination, and would likely be found unconstitutional.

Congress could respond by developing a system of national service that would balance equality on the basis of sex with the functional status of individuals. The system could include both military and civilian placements, and exemptions could be granted as always to those unqualified to serve for reasons of physical inability, parental status, or other relevant characteristics.

Since there is presently no imminent prospect of reinstituting the draft and no way to know what its requirements would be if it were reactivated, a discussion about the ERA’s relation to it is primarily theoretical. However, the immediate practical value of putting the ERA into the Constitution would be to guarantee equal treatment for the women who voluntarily serve in the military and to provide them with the “equal justice under law” that they are risking and sometimes sacrificing their lives to defend." Quoted from NOWs ERA campaign

Actually most of NOWs ERA campaign they want it to be gender neutral
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 393 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/20/2012 8:49:58 PM
Let's look around. It is usually not Teh Feminists who are the ones advocating a male-only draft. When it comes to such discrimination, it is more likely that feminists and MRAs are fighting a common opponent: Those who insist that men and women have "proper" gender roles and, therefore, women are biologically and naturally "unsuitable" for military combat. Where feminism can be valuable to the MRA argument is that it recognizes that the concept of "proper gender roles" is largely a social construct and, therefore, denying women the right to serve in combat on that basis is illogical.

A related problem with the draft/combat "gotcha" is that feminists, of course, did not create the draft. Men did. And those who promote the "traditional gender roles" mythology perpetuate it. Yet MRAs often argue as though it were women, feminists especially, who created a draft and combat positions that exclude women. I don't know where the MRAs have been over the years, but many feminists have been actively trying to get the military to allow women into combat positions in the military. The National Organization for Women, for instance, passed a resolution in 1980 opposing the male-only draft as unfair sex discrimination. Like I said before, if the MRAs were to actively push for a policy in which women were drafted into combat positions, they would find that they would come up against many of the same adversaries that feminists face: Anti-feminist men and women who promote the Woman as Fragile mythology. Good luck, boys. Glad to have you as part of the "team."
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 392 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/20/2012 8:19:25 PM
Loving someone isn't about controlling them, love is about letting someone be themselves not manipulating them to become what you want. I was married to, and had kids to a guy who thought love was about control, he will never have a relationship with his two eldest daughters because HE destroyed that, he is working on destroying his relationship with his 12 year old and his 10 year old. This crap breaks my heart, I hate to sit their and see my ex tear my girls down like he did me, I want him to buck up and be a dad, but he never will. My dad, was an is an important figure in my life, but my dad was never like my ex, he never sought to control any of us, just guide us.

The greatest favor my ex did for me, is doing the one thing my pride wouldn't allow me to do, he left. I have commitment issues, once I say for life, I mean for life, unfortunately that almost destroyed me as a person. Almost.

You want to control, then you might find a love that borders on hatred, you might wind up destroying the person you love.

If I have to manipulate or control a person to get them to love me, simply put, it isn't worth it. I want those I love to be happy, not miserable.
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 390 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/20/2012 7:22:48 PM
Mr Cule, not all men are as concerned as you would think :P just some of them on this thread, and why would you want to control a woman you have to force control over? This sounds like something you need therapy for :P
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 385 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:41:41 PM
No feminists on a sinking ship :P sure tell Joan of Arc that, she was burned at the stake for fighting a war pretending to be a man and so on and so forth, I want equal rights, I don't care if I have to register for selective service, pay equal child support, (Based on wages, I would love to see someone find a study on the average wage of the woman paying child support compared to the wage of the average man, last I checked it was based on a % of the gross income not the sex) actually I would love to have a shot, I would be more then willing to go out and show this person I can lift the amount required for a job
 vampyreshadow
Msg: 379 (view)

Feminism Your Views
Posted: 4/20/2012 3:21:19 PM
Wants things I haven't earned? Like hell I haven't earned it, I earned my vocational degree in plumbing and pipe fitting (Hell I earned my way into the class foremen) , earned my cdl, earned my welding certificate, worked my ass off to prove myself with my male coworkers and references. I deserve the same shot at the same jobs my male coworkers do, they agree why can't you?

And no, I do not get the same shot, my skinny small male friend got tested to see if he could lift the requirements, I didn't I just got sent away.

Show ALL Forums