Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: BBW question response
 yayawhatever
Msg: 17 (view)

BBW question response
Posted: 2/28/2013 4:45:57 AM
I find suggestions regarding these kinds of features a bit ridiculous.

How many times have you seen a person who is a larger BBW listing themselves as Average or Athletic? Let me tell you the men in Vancouver do so on a regular basis. Changing the feature will not change anything as it only really works if everyone is honest. Just like every guy who is 5'5'' that indicates he is 5'8'' or women who fail to mention their children until the third date. Roll the dice!

I personally am looking for a great person to get to know and care not about the actual size of the person, but it does bother me greatly when men lie and think that you will somehow just forget that they lied when you meet them. I'm sure the men on this site feel equally betrayed when it happens to them.

These features/options will not help us find our match.. they just further encourage the membership to lie. Sigh..

Perhaps we should just stick with the "you must have a picture to contact.." and make an effort to actually meet people early enough in that you do not find yourself having been deceived and also having wasted a lot of time and effort on someone you find out you could not trust.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 7 (view)

Allow us to block users from showing up in our search
Posted: 11/23/2011 3:51:53 AM
On the top of the My Matches page do you not have the option to choose "All Users" or "Users I've Not Contacted" ? Perhaps not as specific as what you are requesting, but it really should do the trick.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 6 (view)

Reporting someone
Posted: 11/20/2011 4:29:10 AM
You can find answers to this and many other questions in the help section. In this case Help/Plenty of Security/How do I report a user:

You can report a user by clicking on the Report User link at the bottom of their profile.

When a user is reported, ourcustomer service team carefully investigates their account for suspicious activity. Numerous blocks, duplicate accounts, offensive content, abusive language, and other violations are reviewed. If we find that they are violating our terms and conditions, they may have their profile deleted.

If the user has committed a minor offense, they will be sent a warning.
 yayawhatever
Msg: 39 (view)

Stopping Your Ex Seeing The Children
Posted: 12/8/2007 4:20:47 PM
Off Topic Posting removed. Address the topic and not other posters.

Thanks to those who remained on topic.

yayawhatever
Msg: 2 (view)

irish meeting, help!!!
Posted: 12/8/2007 3:27:29 PM
From the thread: Planning on Hosting a Event? Things you need to Know

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

STEP 1)
Create your "Event Thread" in your local forum's Singles Events sub forum, paying attention to all the above as to how to format it and what information to include. This includes, Venue name and address, Date, Time, Hosts/CoHosts.

If you haven't created events before, after you post the event, it will simply appear in your local forum waiting approval from a moderator or admin. You obtain approval go to step 2).

If you have created events before, you will note that your thread will stay in the Singles Events sub forum with a sign up button ready for people to click on. You're done

STEP 2) - * * Only If you need your thread moved * *
Once all the above is in place and for quicker turnaround, please contact the Forum Moderator account, or one of your Forum Moderators - Click on the following Web link if you don't know who they are: Your Moderators and ask one of them to move your thread to you local Provincial or State Singles Events sub forum.

A "Sign-Up" button will be provided automatically once it is moved, for users to simply click on and add their intent to join the event. As the host of the event you will have the capability to edit the main post in case the venue changes or other important details need to be communicated.

Please provide your Moderator with the thread URL of your event when emailing them.

e.g. the URL for this thread is located at the top of your browser in the Address Bar and
looks like this --> http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1156438.aspx

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Ensure that you enter a date and postal code in the thread's first post AFTER you have created it and posted - simply go back to your thread and enter the information in the supplied areas near the bottom of your first post. - If it's not there, the system will not know what user mail boxes to display it to.

One thread per event - do not Spam your event or it will be locked down.

Image threads are to be opened only after the event has occurred and not prior, and are designed only for pictures of the event - nothing else.

The above links in blue are meant to be clicked on, in order for you to contact the appropriate people on this site.

THE GREEN LINKS
advertisement to your event that appears above your inbox will be taken care of by ADMIN automatically once he puts it to final stage approval.

Ensure there is a Date and Time in your thread's Subject Line

yayawhatever
Msg: 64 (view)

Are you threatened by Male Sex Toys?
Posted: 12/8/2007 5:04:39 AM
Off Topic Posting removed.

yayawhatever

AM I JUST STUPID?
Posted: 12/8/2007 3:49:18 AM
If I am family oriented and want someone who is also family oriented.....just how am I supposed to block that?

If you want someone who is family oriented then you would check the box for low next to Family orientation. You would want someone who tested either medium or high in this area. Checking low will remove those who tested low for family orientation from this search.

For many using negative based options can be a difficult concept to grasp at first. You are not the only one struggling with remove what you don't want, rather than add what you do want.

What's really swift about this new approach to the results is that if you check all the choices next to what you DO want, then you will see all the images of the users who do not match up.

Related Threads:Plentyoffish Relationship Chemistry Test
Blocking attributes - How does this work?

yayawhatever
Msg: 34 (view)

Deleted users
Posted: 12/7/2007 4:24:48 PM
Furthermore..

From the Terms of Service/User Agreement:

RIGHT TO USE

Your right to use the Service is subject to any limitations, conditions and restrictions established by us from time to time, in our sole discretion. We may alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time, including the availability of any Service feature, database or content. We may also impose limits on certain features and aspects of the Service or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.

Considering the complaining party here created their profile at the same time the other was removed. Would it be safe to assume that this is a protest of their own removal by the system or Admin?

The above could not be more clearly written and it is easy to understand.

At one time in the past many profiles were removed en masse for non-compliant images and suspicion of dual profiles. Many of these users came back with new compliant profiles and took the time to read and understand the Terms of Service/User Agreement. Many have become valuable posters and strong advocates.

Knowledge is power!

yayawhatever
Msg: 66 (view)

10 Reasons Born-Agains are Born-Agains
Posted: 12/7/2007 2:50:17 AM
Off Topic Posting removed.

yayawhatever
Msg: 4 (view)

old account
Posted: 12/5/2007 4:27:56 AM
When you deleted your account it was removed from the site. As it is now gone, so are the images that were posted to it.

yayawhatever
Msg: 1 (view)

Turbidity Returns to Vancouver
Posted: 12/5/2007 3:56:02 AM
The Daily GVRD Turbidity Readings on December 4th at 3:30 pm was 37 NTU!

If you live in the GVRD it looks like we are back to bottled and boiled water just like last year.

I just wanted to give all our Vancouver Fishies that might not be aware the heads up. Drink safely takes on a whole new meaning.

Daily GVRD Turbidity Readings

yayawhatever

moved
Posted: 12/4/2007 1:55:11 PM
You can change your state in the Edit Profile Settings. You need to scroll down a bit and look on the right.

Related Threads:Search: Define your default Search Settings
Profiles: Change of Address not taking Effect

Also note: Do not post your email address anywhere on this site. It leaves you wide open for spammers/scammers.

yayawhatever
Msg: 5 (view)

help!no browse button???
Posted: 12/4/2007 1:41:34 PM
It appears Admin has removed the ability to upload new images in this case.

This only ever occurs when a manual review is performed and one or more images are found to be non-compliant.

Related Threads:Unacceptable Profile Pics
Reporting And deleting Main images
Reporting Image As Not Human
Profile Pics: Super close Ups

Profiles: Recognizable Headshot Criteria
Profiles: Profile Images as Drawings
Profile Pics: Admin Message Image Deleted

yayawhatever

Personal Messages.
Posted: 12/4/2007 3:57:07 AM
Some of us deleted the additional RE:s before replying.

You can also click (View All Correspondence) found on the top of any open message. This will open the entire chain all at once for you.

yayawhatever
Msg: 9 (view)

Internet connection help
Posted: 12/4/2007 2:43:24 AM
25 p per minute??? Yowza!
 yayawhatever
Msg: 7 (view)

Internet connection help
Posted: 12/3/2007 3:11:03 AM
I would try this first.

Ensure the modem is connected directly to the computer
Unplug the modem from power for five seconds before plugging it back in
Wait for the modem to be all the way online

Go to> Start/Control Panel/Network connections

1. Right click on the Local Area Connection.
2. Left click Repair

-- Repair successful? If it was double left click on the Local Area Connection and go to the Support tab. Is the IP still 192? If not, try to connect again.

If it is 192 then go back to the General tab and click on Properties

Find Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on it. Remember to leave the check mark in the box.
Now click on the Properties button on the right. If you have a dynamic IP as most cable modems do, then ensure the buttons are both in Obtain Automatically.
Click OK
Click Close on the next box
Right click on the Local Area Connection again and click Repair.
Successful?
Try to connect again.

If this fails, try the other piece of Ethernet cable. You had one attached modem to router. The other router to computer. So you have an extra if needed. If this works, replace the other piece. It was your problem.

If the computer will not connect directly after these steps are taken. Try this:

Shut down the computer.
Take the Ethernet cable (the one with the clip like a telephone cord) out of both modem and computer.
Unplug the power from the modem.

Put the Ethernet cable back in both modem and computer
Plug the modem back in and wait for it to be all the way online
Turn the computer back on

Good luck!

Does your ISP have tech support? I'm having a difficult time understanding why they didn't help you with this.

yayawhatever

Internet connection help
Posted: 12/2/2007 1:33:49 AM
I can help you but I'll need a whole lot more information.

1. What are the lights on the modem doing? Does it appear to be online?

2. What version of windows are you running?

3. What type of connection is it. Cable/DSL?

4. Have you attempted to bypass the router?
-- If not, then connect the modem directly to the computer and then unplug the modem
from power for about 5 seconds and see if it connects.

5. Do you have a spare piece of Ethernet cable handy?

6. On the laptop/wireless connection, does the indicator read that you are connected to your wireless connection?

7. The agent you spoke to told you they could not see the IP on their end?

This is just a start. Fill in the blanks, and we'll take it from there.
 yayawhatever

Blocking attributes - How does this work?
Posted: 12/1/2007 4:10:23 PM
I have looked at this myself with several combinations.

Read the attributes. Determine what is important to you.

For example we will use EasyGoingness.

I would prefer someone with moderate to high easygoingness, so I chose to filter those who scored low in this area. The page will remove the matches that scored Low in EasyGoingness, and I will only be looking at the profiles that scored Med or High in this area. Excellent!

This change created more matches and allows us to control which attributes we wish to filter out. Personally I think thats great. Different combinations will come up depending on the level of the attribute you chose to filter, and instead of a % system you can see for yourself if someone is more likely to be in sync with the attributes you are looking for based on the five different attributes as they are defined on the page.

yayawhatever

Blocking folks from looking at my profile
Posted: 12/1/2007 4:01:09 PM
It appears that you are misunderstanding how this feature works, as there is no way to use it to tell if someone has viewed your profile 20 times a day.

The top line consists of users who are presently online and have viewed your profile perhaps only once at sometime in the past. They may appear on that line any time they are online. They have not viewed your profile again and again.

The rest of the page consists of those who have viewed you in order of when they viewed you.