Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: full-time single dads
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 1099 (view)

full-time single dads
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:23:20 PM
I am a single dad of three girls for the past 14 yrs . Two of them are grown and gone and have one left a 10 yr. old. Loved raising them and still do. As for dating doesn't happen,women in my experience are not interested in a man with children.

Good luck 2 all
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 19 (view)

Let Me Help You
Posted: 5/25/2008 2:27:21 PM
Because there are people who actually need and appreciate help with profiles.
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 18 (view)

Let Me Help You
Posted: 5/25/2008 2:21:09 PM
I'm sorry Angle kisses no disrespect intended was just having a little fun. Good luck with your education and very nice of you to offer your help.
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 10 (view)

Which is WORSE? Not being able to meet someone decent OR deciding between TWO?
Posted: 9/4/2007 11:12:07 PM
I have been alone for over twelve years. My own choice. I wanted to raise my daughters my way. I want a long term relationship, but I will wait for that eternal love, something like the relationship in the movie THE NOTEBOOK. I won't put myself in a position to have to choose between two.
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 18 (view)

To Go Box Please
Posted: 8/30/2007 11:11:54 PM
If for some reason I can't finish the plate I always get a doggy bag. If I were out on a date and the woman had not finished hers she wouldn't have to worry about asking for a doggie bag because I would be doing it for her. Hence no problem
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 3 (view)

Let Me Help You
Posted: 8/26/2007 11:25:38 AM
Hi there As I future english teacher -------huuummm
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 65 (view)

You have your life ,, would you give it up ?
Posted: 8/25/2007 9:50:36 PM
I would give it all up in a heartbeat if it meant having my special someone to grow old with. Just so long as they knew my children are included. But I imagine if it gets as far as change they have already met the kids. My children are almost all gone except for the 10 yr. old but she would love having a female in her life since she has only had me for all of hers. Yes I would but I don't see it happening and thats o.k. to. I enjoy my life and my girls.
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 9 (view)

someone please preview my profile
Posted: 8/25/2007 7:11:03 PM
Thank You. The age difference is negligible but you are correct about the distance darn.
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 153 (view)

Calling all 40-60Something Males?
Posted: 8/25/2007 1:10:41 PM
I know for myself I'm looking for someone in my age bracket the forty to fifty yr. olds.
It seems to me that it goes both ways most women in my age bracket are not interested in someone who still has kids at home. So I just hang in there and I am sure someday the right women will come along who doesn't mind that I am still raising my daughters and see the man. I love the women in my bracket. I don't want to raise any more kids at least not ones I'm intimate with ( laugh ). It is so much nicer to be able to converse with someone you have things in common with.
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 8/25/2007 11:39:50 AM
Thank you It Is great you left all of me in it yet made it understandable . You ROCK
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 141 (view)

SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/25/2007 1:55:39 AM
I'm a single father for over twelve years now to three wonderful daughters. Best thing ever happened to me they are my pride and joy. KUDDOS to all single dads. Especially to those raising daughters Yes I am slightly biased (laugh).
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 8/24/2007 10:30:08 PM
I have made some revisions to my profile and would greatly appreciate a critique on those changes. Constructive criticism is encouraged. I am unable to update photos at this time but all that I have up there are within six months old. Thank You
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 8/24/2007 6:58:00 PM
I really appreciate you taking the time to review my profile. I agree with you on all counts and will be making the changes shortly. After I make the changes perhaps you can preview it again. Thanks

mdgoodlin
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 8/23/2007 11:28:51 AM
thank you doouglass
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 8/23/2007 11:03:36 AM
Thank you for the input
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 8/22/2007 11:49:40 PM
It seems as though women see my preview and run for the mountains. Please feel free to scrutinze my profile and inform me of the pros and cons.
Thank You ahead of time. Do I really need to make this two hundred characters long before they will post it?
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 144 (view)

Need a profile review.....drop in and read my intro.....
Posted: 8/22/2007 11:34:29 PM
Please feel free to scrutinize my profile and inform me of it's pro's and cons
Thanks
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 69 (view)

How many single dads actually take care of there kids..
Posted: 8/17/2007 3:52:20 PM
I have had my three daughters exclusively for 12 years the best 12 of my life they know their mother but don't. She has seen them perhaps 20 times in those 12 years.
I just don't understand how someone could not be a part of their childs life go figure. I guess I am one of the lucky ones . No I know I am lol.
Good luck to all you single parents and a job well done.
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 19 (view)

My childrens mother has been gone two years
Posted: 1/29/2007 11:15:09 PM
Hey James ,
I'v been a single dad now going on twelve years. I have three daughters and in that twelve years my ex has seen the girls maybe thirty times the only time she communicates with them is when she is incarcerated, but I will tell you this I always kept the door open to her to visit the girls the only stipulations I had were that she be sober and supervised by me. I never to this day said anything derogatory to the girls or anyone else for that matter about there mother and when they were young I reminded them everyday how much there mother loves them and it's not there fault she just had a problem that she was having a hard time battling. Well my girls are pretty much grown now, one is married and will have her Bachelors degree at the age of twentyone (wow how cool) she was actually a college grad befor being a highschool grad by one day. I think It all boils down to the fact that as long as we are there and supportive of our children and impress upon them thier worth that they kinda figure it out and develope into whole people we just have to assure them of the fact that they are loved by both parents and allow them to mature into the great people we know they are. Some say you should date others say no it kinda is a personal choice I chose to raise mine solo. Thanks for the post this is the first one I have responded to because it hit so close to home I wish you the best and hang in there. Hope this helped a little
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 109 (view)

How many sinle parents have their kid or kids with no help?
Posted: 12/27/2006 8:04:44 PM
I have raised three daughters alone for over twelve years went through bra's boyfriends and everything in between wouldn't change it for the world best experience I have ever had love them unconditionally oldest just got marriedat twenty and will have her B.S. in two quarters. my 16 year old is a top notch athlete and A student and my 9 yr old just loves being 9 lolI applaud all single parents for the extreme sacrifices that are so rewarding we don't even know were sacrificing hahaha good luck to all
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 287 (view)

What is wrong with the persons profile above you in this thread?
Posted: 11/24/2006 5:47:00 PM
why no solo shots?
Seems very nice like the profile.
Good to have friends great to make more good luck
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 10 (view)

why are women afraid of men with some baggage?
Posted: 11/8/2006 4:51:44 PM
maybe its not your baggage (children) that is the problem. I think your havin a difficult time with your family, and perhaps that is the problem. I am a single dad of three girls and never refered to them as full time part time or any other kind of baggage they are the most important thing in my world. perhaps you need to change your mindset.
Sorry if I didnt help but always remember your children are a blessing to be cherished as long as you can .Ta heck with anyone who can't relate.

Show ALL Forums