Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What kind of welcome were you given on here?
 chuzz16
Msg: 15 (view)

What kind of welcome were you given on here?
Posted: 4/1/2017 11:47:52 PM
I can't remember being given any kind of welcome. I just joined in and before long I felt part of the furniture.

I have to admit that I mostly joined in on the 'fun' threads. I have enough confrontation in the real world, without looking for it on here. Sometimes you can't help rubbing people up the wrong way.......and sometimes, you can.

Nice to see you here again Jacknher. x
 chuzz16
Msg: 8 (view)

Is it me or my profile?
Posted: 12/30/2016 2:34:01 AM

Also i only get viewed if i view a woman and message her.

Hundreds of women may have taken a peek at you but like me, they may have their 'spy mode' turned on so you can't see if they have. I took a peek at your profile but you won't know that ( well, you do know, cause I just told you).

p.s. You don't look like Chris Martin. I have touched Chris Martin. (physically, not mentally)
 chuzz16
Msg: 20 (view)

Old Forumites
Posted: 11/19/2016 11:12:20 AM

Most missed - Chuzz

Chappie...... go to your inbox.
Notts.. one of the best times on here for me was the footy thread. It didn't start off as a footy thread ( I even earned a three week ban because of it) but I had tears rolling down my face reading some of the posts.

It's so nice to see you again Notts. I still peek in most days and will get back to joining in a bit more. I've been busy (work, not romance...I've given up on that )
 chuzz16
Msg: 7 (view)

What is the purpose of the 1st date?
Posted: 5/6/2016 9:25:02 AM

Should it be an all out action packed day of belly laughs & cute things?

I can't think of anything worse than spending an action packed day with someone I have never met, let alone doing 'cute' things (what are cute things?)
I think the first date is all about finding out if you actually fancy the person enough to make it to a second date.
 chuzz16
Msg: 7 (view)

Leicester City are officially Premier League Champions
Posted: 5/2/2016 10:26:49 PM
It's just fab for them. I do wish Spurs could have held on for one more game. I would have loved Leicester to win it at home next weekend in front of their fans.

Wonderful !
 chuzz16
Msg: 5 (view)

camera shy
Posted: 5/2/2016 9:16:41 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same when I was younger and still don't like posing for the camera( unless I've had a few drinks) then I seem to be at the front of all the pics.

I felt just like you before my wedding, I didn't know how I would be able to get through the day. You have been chosen to bridesmaid, which is a real honor. The poor bride will be full of nerves and will need you to support her, concentrate on that and it might make you feel a bit better. The photos are a small part of the day. Try not to let it spoil it for you. Hope you have a wonderful day with your friend.
 chuzz16

Leicester City are awesome
Posted: 5/1/2016 11:30:54 AM
Your posts are always awesome Billy

As for today's result, oh dear! I thought it would all be over. I guess my team might hand it to Leicester tomorrow night.
It's all getting a bit too much.

P.S.. Your team have bucked up a bit too this season Billy.
 chuzz16
Msg: 3 (view)

Leicester City
Posted: 3/19/2016 10:47:07 AM
It will be bittersweet for me if they win the league.
My dad was a Leicester fan for all of his life. He died at the end of 2014, just before they began their 'awesomeness'.
I'm a Spurs fan, so all season I have had football banter with my dad (in my head) and so wish he was still here to see how well they are doing.
There is a small part of me that would love to see them go all the way, but you have to understand, as a Spurs fan, it is only a very small part.
Let's face it, it's been a long time since Spurs have done so well too.
 chuzz16
Msg: 27 (view)

humour by-pass
Posted: 2/20/2015 10:18:47 AM

As a child I raced snails. My one never won. I did remove his shell, to lessen his load
but he just looked more sluggish .

I chuckled at that one Billy :)
 chuzz16

Apparently the mods have left this site?
Posted: 2/19/2015 8:43:26 AM

did it bother any of the girls?

It bothered me but only because it was fed. When I see threads like that, I always just hope that no-one replies to it even though I am itching to do so too. I resisted ( such willpower)
 chuzz16
Msg: 2 (view)

Not Much Interest??
Posted: 2/10/2015 9:03:37 AM
You don't want to cast your 'bait' more than 10 miles. So that would get you no interest from anyone further afield.
You don't seem to mind how old they are though. 'Between 24 and 60' Really? That sounds a bit weird to me. But I am an old cynic.

I see your mate Al is looking to date...he looks quite nice
 chuzz16

Happy new year ! :O)
Posted: 1/1/2015 2:04:49 AM
I hope it will be a better one for me too.
Happy new year to you too Ducky :) x
 chuzz16

Weird message received - what do you make of it?
Posted: 10/20/2014 9:56:07 AM
I think you already knew he was a scammer before you posted.

I have a few rules on pof ( they also overlap sometimes into the real world)
I never give out my e-mail address, my phone number or my vital statistics. I do however, often look out towards the Surrey hills and ponder.
 chuzz16

Desperate help with my Profile
Posted: 10/16/2014 8:51:58 AM

"Try mailing less attractive ones and those nearer your own age."

..... not stopped laughing at this comment yet !

Nor me

Op....I don't think your username helps. Really???
 chuzz16
Msg: 6 (view)

Comments on new profile, please
Posted: 10/11/2014 11:08:25 PM
Well all of the forum fellas seem to like it. ( yes, I really do think that is ALL of them nowadays )

But stepping back and looking at it, it seems too long!

I think you should add that bit to your profile. If you've got it, flaunt it.
 chuzz16

BBC date
Posted: 10/9/2014 10:24:47 AM
Oh dear. The first thread I've jumped on for months and it's destined for the chop.
Thanks lighty. I'm glad it was you and not him who enlighten me. :)
 chuzz16

BBC date
Posted: 10/9/2014 9:33:26 AM
I must be getting too old for this. What is BBC dating?
Don't you know that the BBC hasn't got a very good reputation at the moment?
Please enlighten me.
 chuzz16
Msg: 117 (view)

Premier League Football...There are 92 clubs in the league!
Posted: 8/21/2014 9:26:44 AM
Twas a good result at the weekend Billy

chuzz16
Msg: 33 (view)

Circumsision
Posted: 7/27/2014 12:08:36 PM

^^^ Fortunately, my genitals are cute and fluffy, and so clean, you could eat your dinner off it.

I'm tempted. It would certainly save on the washing up.
 chuzz16
Msg: 44 (view)

World Cup 2014
Posted: 7/9/2014 9:20:26 AM

It is not the end. They still have the 3rd/4th place play off

I bet they can't wait for that one How lovely...they could come third. I can't imagine after last night any one of them want to go out and play that game.
I'm quite a competitive person, if I don't come first then it doesn't count. I wouldn't even want second place but that's just me. I know these days the saying goes 'It's not the winning, it's the taking part' I have a word for that but I'm too much of a lady to say it.

chuzz16
Msg: 40 (view)

World Cup 2014
Posted: 7/8/2014 11:17:45 PM
I wanted Germany to win but not like that.

I couldn't wait for the game to be over and started to hope for no more goals by Germany after the third, but the goals just kept on coming. I almost gave up watching it. I felt like a rubbernecker and a bit sad after the game. I usually only feel like that when England play

I think it was a very sad end for the host nation.
 chuzz16
Msg: 38 (view)

World Cup 2014
Posted: 7/5/2014 11:15:31 PM

England must prove this desire
by submitting to mild public beatings if results are not as they should be.

I would volunteer my services for this. I'm quite handy with a whip and I know of at least one player who has a penchant for the older woman

I'd love to see a Germany V Holland final. The only thing that could ruin the whole 2014 WC for me, would be if Argentina went on to win it. I'm still sulking about 1986. I'm not a very forgiving person

So, all of the teams I had in my work's sweepstake are out Shame, I was going to buy myself a new frilly Nike sport's bra with my winnings
 chuzz16
Msg: 27 (view)

World Cup 2014
Posted: 7/2/2014 7:33:54 AM

It ain't the hair cuts mate
its the size of their tool!
Sorry but you blokes don't quite make the cut
which in that case be glad that your country is nowhere near N America
otherwise all your women would have been long gone by now!

Speaking as a woman (well I was the last time anyone cared to look) it has nothing to do with the size of their tool or their ball come to that.

And don't worry about our green and pleasant land being nowhere near North America Billy, I wouldn't swap you for anyone (well maybe Roberto and maybe even Ginola)

As for the USA, you put up a brave fight. If it wasn't for your beardy goalie things could have been an awful lot worse. It's Klinsmann I feel for. I've always has a soft spot for him.

So we are down to the last 8 and no footy for two days. I feel lost. Roll on Friday.
 chuzz16
Msg: 16 (view)

World Cup 2014
Posted: 6/21/2014 5:17:59 AM
I have a feeling England will win against Costa Rica. (Not that it matters a jot now). Costa Rica will be bonkers to put out their best team. They will give some of the other players a go and save the best for their next game.

I'm not surprised we are out of it. We didn't play as if we wanted it. I will still enjoy watching ( and my finger nails will be able to recover)
I have three teams left in the sweepstake at work. France, Colombia and Croatia. Fingers crossed (with newly grown nails) I will get something out of it.

Shame the Italians let us down ( I like the Italians) Though they aren't as good looking as they once were. (oh how I miss Roberto Baggio)
 chuzz16

World Cup 2014
Posted: 6/14/2014 8:50:14 AM

The Netherlands with some sweet revenge over Spain, 5-1

It certainly was a fantastic reply to the last World Cup final. I've always enjoyed watching Holland play ( couldn't quite get my head round them playing in blue)

If the better teams don't sink the Yanks, then the referees will
Its happened before.

I think the better teams will do that although with some of the decisions made so far, I won't count on it.
 chuzz16
Msg: 29 (view)

Eurovision
Posted: 5/11/2014 11:09:50 AM
I haven't watched it for years.

My grandma had a colour telly when everyone else in the land (well it seemed that way at the time) had black and white. We always seemed to visit her in Portsmouth at the same time as the Eurovision singing thingy was on. It looked so wonderful to see everything in colour and I think that's the reason I loved to watch it back in the 60's and early 70's.

It was still political back then (apparently). My dad would always tell us which countries would give out the points to which country and which countries would get 'nil pois'.
We thought my dad was magic( a bit like Billy )

I had better things to do with my time last night ( my cooker needed a good scrub)
 chuzz16
Msg: 34 (view)

Phone scams??
Posted: 4/18/2014 8:24:25 AM

i like those nice young men who always ask "how are you today..?"

Me too _nx_. I had one today who called to ask if I want solar panels put on my roof. He said I would get my money back within 10 years. I told him with all my health issues I would be lucky to be around in 10 years.

He told me my attitude to life wasn't a good one

''On the contrary'' I said. ''If I didn't have the attitude I've got, I would have been dead years ago.''

I wonder if he will leave it a year or two before he phones back to see if I'm still in need of his solar panels.
 chuzz16
Msg: 31 (view)

Annoying Bikers
Posted: 4/17/2014 10:13:41 AM
I promise you I am not BB and I don't believe BB is JV either, I shall ask them next time I meet them coming down the stairs.

I don't believe it either

i knew a witch once she had a vag the size of a wizard sleeve and bats came out of it at dusk!.
but her broom didnt make much noise other than her cackling laughter.

My oh my, you know some classy girlies.

p.s. it's Easter soon, very soon. Am off for a dawn walk on Saturday hoping to hear the birdies and not early morning bikers.

I do hope the birdies you listen to are a bit more tuneful than my neighbourhood seagulls. I do have a lovely blackbird who sings to me every morning though...lovely
 chuzz16

Have you ever regretted turning someone down?
Posted: 4/3/2014 9:52:59 AM

No kiss or touching hands on a first date? That's not normal.

It is for me. I don't kiss or hold hands with every Tom,****Or Harold.

I have turned many people down, before and after I have met them and never once regretted it. There was a reason I turned them down and I stick by my decision.
 chuzz16

How seriously does Plenty of Fish take abusive message?
Posted: 4/2/2014 8:34:50 AM
I know it will

And I don't think we will even better your team this season...but enough of that, I'm not letting you and the lovely billy get me in to trouble again by going off topic.

chuzz16

How seriously does Plenty of Fish take abusive message?
Posted: 4/2/2014 7:13:07 AM

It wasn't a dirty message, sex talk, anything like that.

She was slagging me off for being fat, calling me gay, a loser and a shirt ******, and all round nastiness.

Me, it's water off a duck's back. BUT, I wonder how many more people she is insulting.

You seem to put a lot of emphasis on you being fat in your profile and as far as I can tell it's more than water off a duck's back to you.

Some people pick up on things like this and have nothing better to do with their sad little lives than to make people feel worse than they already do. I would change the wording in your profile and focus on the positive things about you or as others have said, just block them.

I get slagged off all the time from men on here cause I'm a Spurs fan
 chuzz16

Gay Weddings
Posted: 3/28/2014 6:46:39 AM
I have been to one. It was beautiful.

The ushers asked when we walked in 'are you on the bride's side or the bride's side?'
It wasn't held in a church (thank goodness) but an old abbey.
Both brides looked radiant and it was a lovely service. They are still together and still very happy. :)
 chuzz16

Annoying Bikers
Posted: 3/20/2014 1:05:53 PM

Is it just me?
It's the first day of spring.....
And I'm just not feeling the love on this thread.....
...Blessed be.....

I haven't felt love on a thread for ages Lighty

Shame

O.T. (kind of)

I bought hundreds of earplugs yesterday because at this time of year I get woken up very early in the morning by frisky seagulls. Boy can they keep it up for hours. Horny little blighters and they make sooooo much noise.
 chuzz16

Annoying Bikers
Posted: 3/19/2014 1:19:31 PM
Vlad,
I remember that episode well. Very funny.

I thought the same thing when I read the opening post.

Vroooom Vrooom
 chuzz16

Somerset levels floods and other disasters
Posted: 2/10/2014 7:40:44 AM
^^^^^

Even funnier was the moment a reporter asked a woman ''Has it made a difference that Nick Clegg has been to visit?''

Dead pan face ''NO'' she replied.
 chuzz16
Msg: 68 (view)

Is it worth goin to as fancy hair salon for a male?
Posted: 11/27/2013 11:11:30 AM

Yes oluben they are.

I don't believe it for one moment.

Most of the time it goes unnoticed as he is able to edit the mistake before anyone notices.

So it was either noticed or it wasn't noticed?? Who noticed ?? I'm confuddled. but I still don't believe it.
 chuzz16
Msg: 31 (view)

One vegetarian for Christmas .
Posted: 11/24/2013 11:23:56 PM

Sad. If only you and Chuzz were closer. Even better if me and Chuzz were closer still. Especially after today. Hugs

^^^ yes Daver hugs with Chuzz indeed. 6-0 really bad. I hope Chuzz is safe and alright.
Cyber hug.

Aww thank you. I think it will take more than a hug to make me feel better after that one

Thank goodness I don't work with any City fans.

OT
I ate quorn once...yuk.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 17 (view)

Why Don't People Stay Together Anymore?
Posted: 11/22/2013 2:55:05 PM
^^^

Aww thank you Billy. I can always rely on you to put a smile on my face

Opps, better stay on topic...

Is what was so sought after now seen to be a sign of surrendering freedom?

I think most of us still seek it. I don't think it's a case of giving up freedom. Some things just don't work out and I don't think people are prepared or even have to put up with unhappiness anymore.
 chuzz16
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 11/22/2013 1:14:12 PM

****ing loser.

You say the nicest things Billy.
 chuzz16

Posted: 11/22/2013 9:31:13 AM

Im just a bit saddened that I look around and dont see many couples who have stayed together and put that time and effort in, its usually the older generation, so I suppose Im looking to reasons as to what is new that has changed things.

Maybe I'm just an old cynic but I think back in the 'olden days' women had to put up with whatever was thrown at them. It is easier to leave men now if they aren't happy.

I left my ex because he cheated on me. 50 years ago, I would have had no choice but to stay. More women earn a good wage now, they can support themselves and their children.

If they can't afford it, then the State looks after them.
 chuzz16
Msg: 29 (view)

20 dates no spark :-s
Posted: 11/19/2013 10:08:09 AM
Haha Daver,

You can have my sympathy, but I still won't drink beer x

And as I'm a bit bored tonight I will give my views on Curviest's 'friends' dilemma.

If I was your 'friend' I wouldn't be spending time with a fella that only thought I was good enough to have sex with. I would kick him in to touch and wait around until a fella came along who thought I was good enough for more than that.

I don't blame the men she dates for walking away. I would too if I was dating someone who was having sex with someone else.
 chuzz16
Msg: 73 (view)

Are people on PoF genuine you think?
Posted: 11/19/2013 7:38:24 AM
Sort of tends to suggest that beer drinking females are very likely to want sex on a first date.

I don't like the taste of beer (now you all have to ask yourselves whether I'm telling the truth or not)
 chuzz16
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 11/16/2013 9:48:41 AM
I've never heard a woman say they fancy Toby Jones - as fine as an actor and thoroughly decent bloke that he is.

Precisely. I'm still waiting for a flood of women to refute my earlier comment about Toby Jones and point out how hot they find him purely because of his fine and adaptive acting skills!

Well this women won't be refuting you're comment. I don't fancy him at all. But then I don't fancy a lot of men. In fact I guess I would be right in saying I don't fancy the majority of men. :)

There is nothing wrong with that. I'm not going to be made to feel guilty or shallow just because I don't find some people attractive.

Saying that, I have at times fancied men that haven't been what most would call good looking but they have had other qualities that I have found attractive.
 chuzz16
Msg: 24 (view)

20 dates no spark :-s
Posted: 11/16/2013 9:27:45 AM
^^^^^

Aww, I love a happy ending :)

And...if you can't handle rejection you really shouldn't be on here.

Sound advice.
 chuzz16
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2013 8:42:29 AM

I've just realised I've said the same thing as Billybonds, it feels weird agreeing with somebody who doesn't exist.

Why do you say things like that D.T ?
 chuzz16
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 11/14/2013 1:57:53 PM
^^^^^

Don't give everything Billy, she won't respect you in the morning
 chuzz16
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 11/14/2013 10:28:59 AM
If I walk up to a woman in a bar her decision to talk to me or not is going to be based primarily on how I look, who I am as a person is irrelative to get past that first hurdle

To a point I agree but I think it would be more to do with confidence on your part.

Of course they are. If a bloke is too short, slightly podgy and thinning on top it won't matter how many kittens he has saved from drowning :)

What can I say? ...no one wants an ugly hero.
 chuzz16
Msg: 19 (view)

Why online dating is a doomed endeavour.
Posted: 11/10/2013 10:30:58 AM
CuriousBloke, maybe, but when you go up to someone and say "hello" in real life, they actually get sense of who you are from your body language, expression and tone of voice, and you are guaranteed some sort of response. Online it means very little other than expressing your interest in a very limited fashion.

I do know what you mean by this, and a part of me agrees with you. There have been many times over the last few years that I have thought that I will give up this on-line dating malarkey, and I do often have a break from it and hide away my profile or my pic.

But what's the alternative? Go to the pub every day? Join clubs that I have no interest in?

I think a balance is required. I have lots of friends that I go out with. Sometimes when I'm out someone will give me the glad eye but most times I am having too much fun to notice.

So on here I stay, and in the meantime, join in with the forums. :)

(unless I have too much of what I call fun on here and get barred) ;)
 chuzz16
Msg: 4 (view)

Alcohol: what are we going to do?
Posted: 11/10/2013 9:36:18 AM
I love the stuff.

I've loved the taste from a very early age. We didn't really have a lot of it about when I was a kid, but whenever relatives came down to visit, we would always find a nice pub with a children's garden to spend an evening in. I used to go around the tables and drink all the dregs (classy bird I am).
Once I was told it was wrong, I seemed to want to do it more.

I hate the thought of banning most things. I think people should be responsible for their own actions. I don't think that putting up the price will make a difference either. If people want it and can't really afford it, they will just go without other things to get it. If people want to eat rubbish food, they will. If people want to do any number of things that others don't think they should, they will.

I really don't know the answer to this one.
 chuzz16

Why online dating is a doomed endeavour.
Posted: 11/10/2013 8:48:44 AM
I don't know about you guys, but beyond that quick judgement of whether I might be able to fancy them or not if we met in person, profiles leave me completely cold by and large. And messaging does too. In fact I dislike the format. Is that not the case with everyone? And if so, given that women will not invest in something that leaves them cold (by replying to messages or agreeing to meet), doesn't that mean that online dating is a horse going nowhere fast?

For example, I find it hard to find something to comment on from a person's profile in a first message to them, because honestly I don't give a crap about that person, their profile, or what they do or don't like to do. Until we meet in person they are just a picture with some (usually) boring words attached. I don't blame them or myself for that, I suspect everyone feels that way, because I don't think you can form real connections with someone using an online format.

Some people do find it hard to send a message just by reading someone's profile, some don't. I have felt a connection with many people from messaging. They are the ones who I decide to meet up with. Unfortunately after meeting up, I have only ever felt that 'spark' with one and went on to feel very much more for him.
The others, I didn't bother to meet up with again.

Show ALL Forums