Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dating and the full time single parent
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 16 (view)

Dating and the full time single parent
Posted: 9/19/2013 2:39:03 PM
Message 18 is sheer pathetic. Why not just split the bill 50:50?
These are times of gender equality are they not?
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 2716 (view)

do men actually exist that date women with kids??
Posted: 3/28/2013 5:28:27 AM
Sorry but you started it with a dig at guys who don't want to date parents.
So don't play the victim when you throw the first dig.
As I said its just a preference, and doesn't make you a bad person. We are all different and look for different things in potential partners
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 2713 (view)

Posted: 3/27/2013 6:50:36 AM
Its unfair to diss guys just because of a preference.
I mean plenty of women won't look at a guy who is out of work or lives with their parents.
Thats what it is ... a preference! Younger guys who want to meet a girl without kids is a preference also. There is nothing malicious in it.

All this 'Your not man enough' or 'only real men date women with kids' business is rubbish and is just an excuse for single parents to vent their frustrations, and this can be depicted as hurling insults.

Some parents may not want more children- this is understandable... but if the childess person does want a family in the long term, you are simply wanting different things in life.
There is also the issue of ex-partners who will usually be there in the background. Not everyone is comfortable with this.

As I said its just a preference so need for the hate
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 20 (view)

Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong
Posted: 3/26/2013 3:39:04 PM
What did the OP actually do wrong on the date itself? He was very tolerant and did all he could.
He offered to drive her home but she refused. I don't see why he should pay her a taxi back if its not going to go anywhere.
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 2709 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2013 10:23:59 AM
What does that show about your judgement though? in terms of choice of man?
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 143 (view)

Why Does It Seem To Be Getting Harder To Date In Your Thirties?
Posted: 3/25/2013 2:34:19 PM
Its a little harder as alot of the best fish get snapped up... but ya gotta keep plugging away and not worry too much
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 2707 (view)

Posted: 3/25/2013 2:30:49 PM
Thats a typical defensive line and a ridiculous generalisation.
So all men who don't want to accept another mans child are automatically terrible?

If the guy who fathered your child is so perfect why didn't it work out with him?
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 5 (view)

single mum
Posted: 3/25/2013 2:25:03 PM
Men are not SCARED to date a single mom, they just don't want to. Its a preference.
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 2704 (view)

Posted: 3/22/2013 12:46:23 PM
Younger guys who are childless would probably prefer a woman without kids.
As guys get older/have their own kids many it may be less of an issue.

For me, at this point its still a red flag
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 91 (view)

single pregnant mother
Posted: 3/16/2013 7:56:05 AM
Have the baby first! Dating should be the least of your worries.
Other guys would also wonder why the daddy didn't stick around... particularly as you haven't given birth yet.
Its screams out that you fell pregnant in a casual relationship
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 186 (view)

Does a single parent with 4 kids put off potential parthers?
Posted: 3/15/2013 12:13:38 PM
To zaxx1953

Read post #189 bro. Thats what i was referring to. He has his own kids and would take on another 4 count!!

I don't have kids nor would I date a women with kids. I gotta contribute to the gene pool, not fawn over the offspring of another dude... some dude where the mother made a bad choice
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 182 (view)

Does a single parent with 4 kids put off potential parthers?
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:43:28 AM
For guys who already have kids is not so much of an issue, there is enough in the brady bunch already!
For guys without kids... who want kids long term??? its a case of wanting different things in life
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 111 (view)

Why is it so wrong to not want to date a person with kids in your 30's?
Posted: 3/14/2013 1:56:49 PM
I see where ya coming from about the multiple kids by multiple fathers thing. You'd have to question how stable their relationships were with the fathers. They are less likely to be married/divorced women. At least they made a go of the relationship.

There are some (though not saying all) women who fall pregnant quickly in a new relationship, then break up soon afterwards, Bringing a new life into the world is a big commitment, why do it if the relationship is not stable or long term?
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 109 (view)

Why is it so wrong to not want to date a person with kids in your 30's?
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:34:08 AM
It could also depend on how many kids she has.. many young single guys without kids, would want their own biological family one day, and meeting a single mother could potentially reduce the number of kids the guy could potentially have, and thats if she wants any more at all (providing the relationship moves to that stage).

Show ALL Forums