Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do people really have time to date??
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 26 (view)

Do people really have time to date??
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:21:39 PM
Is there anyone out there that is willing to call a truce? I'll make time for you if you make time for me. This is a simple solution. I have vowed to put my own needs above all others and willing to include someone in my life that I connect with. My family is important but not put above my personal needs. God first, mate second, family third. P.S. Still not willing to stay at home waiting for a man to call.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 16 (view)

Do people really have time to date??
Posted: 8/6/2008 9:28:10 AM
I think about this all the time. With me, it is the fact that for so long, I have been going 100 mph making a life for myself since divorcing. I sat around for a year waiting on men to call and was very lonely. So, I got up, got dressed and got a life. I am interested in finding someone to spend my life with. I try to explain to men that it will take me a little time to slow down and include them in my life. I'm willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get to know someone. I just refuse to sit at home waiting on a phone call. Another thing about this topic.... I find it easier to include someone in my life if they ask me out a few days in advance. Please, don't wait till that day to see if I would like to go out. Because, chances are, I've got up, got dressed and got a life.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 27 (view)

Equality in Drive and Desire in the over 45 crowd
Posted: 2/25/2008 11:42:50 AM
Not having read all of the above, I hope that each and every one of us can be open in discussing this issue. We all have desires and things that drive us.... sex comes in all shapes ands sizes. Now, where is the thread on "communication". ??????
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 102 (view)

Babysitting my grand children ???
Posted: 2/25/2008 11:36:59 AM
There is no doubt that the odds will be 50/50 here.... I too am one that names my own time spend with grandchildren. I do it on my own terms. I spend alot of time with my children and grandchildren, but, it is in a Mother/Grandmother role, not babysitter. When I had my own children, it was a rare occassion that I did things without them. When I did, I had a wonderful (hired) sitter and made special party plans for the kids too. They have wonderful memories of when mom and dad went out and their staying up until 10:00 p.m.

I am very important in my grandchildren's lives but not as a babysitter. I raised my own children and I expect them to do the same.... my advise to anyone is to call your local highschool.......ask for a counselor.....and find a recommended sitter for those times that children need a sitter. I would go so far to say that if necessary, pay for the service yourself. The children can play in their own home and go to bed in their own bed. What a blessing to the parents coming home to an orderly household. Don't discount a girlfriend/boyfriend couple to do the sitting..... you will get double your money if with the right couple... my childrens babysitter is now a child advocate and her now husband is an attorney......... my own mother is the greatest "Mimi" alive. Just ask my grown children.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 96 (view)

are afternoon naps ok once over 45
Posted: 2/25/2008 11:01:07 AM
Oh my......... I'm the Queen of naps. I think that this "activity" slowly creeps into our lives as children grow up and retirement sets in. Power naps???? Nope, I plan my day around my naps. I get morning chores done, eat lunch, and get into comfy PJ's.... even turn off the phone..... bed, here I come. Naps are serious business for me. lol Then I'm back up after 2 hours and ready to meet the evening. Please, don't tell me that this isn't normal.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 100 (view)

how did you go about making new friends
Posted: 2/25/2008 10:48:58 AM
I'm blessed to still be friends with a few that I rode tricycles with. I think that the key is that I was born and raised right where I am today. As for being in the singles world at my age, I have found it wonderful to get involved with local organizations. I pick and choose things that interest me and make friends with those that are involved too. I would also recommend to anyone to watch for local POF parties and get involved in the planning of the parties. You will gather more single friends than actual dates but that is the beauty of it all. If you have no POF parties in your area, that is a great opportunity to make friends and get things going. Don't sit back and wait for people to find you, go find them.......
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 35 (view)

fountain of youth
Posted: 2/25/2008 10:31:34 AM
I guess I drink from the fountain of youth each day. It's just fine with me to grow old and all that comes with it. I don't see myself as old. I feel young and vibrant and alive. Besides, I've earned every wrinkle and gray hair I have. lol I'm at a wonderful time in my life and reaping the hard work that I achieved in my 20's and 30's. No way do I want to give it another try. Even if I was wiser.....
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 65 (view)

A 62 y old lady is interested in me. Im 27.
Posted: 2/25/2008 10:19:49 AM
OP, I think you should be discussing this with the 62 year old lady. When I get an email from a much younger man, right away, I insist of addressing the age difference. That is not something I would be comfortable with and won't waste my time or theirs. From your post, you don't sound interested, only curious....... I think you have answered your own question..... it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 2 (view)

THE HIGHLANDS PROLOGUE: Sebring, March 8.
Posted: 2/22/2008 12:37:38 PM
Aren't we a motley crew???? Come and join in the fun. .. Bring your friends and dancing shoes.... I'm sure that everyone will tell you that you need not be shy. There is always someone to talk to and you will be as totally confused as the rest of us. Just a good time and meeting singles as time goes by. Met a few gentlemen that I have my eye on.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 13 (view)

Photos from HEARTS ON FIRE
Posted: 2/14/2008 9:16:22 AM
Yeah, what Jason said....... we learn as we go and meet to discuss "feedback" from party goers. Everyone should know that we are all in the same boat and no one person is in charge. I'd like to invite any POF single to our next meeting to get involved and bring new ideas. MEETING: Feb. 19th, 7 p.m. at Don Jose Mexican Restuarant on Lake Jackson. Although this is a serious meeting of the minds, we still turn it into a fun party. Everyone is welcome. Email me or Linda so that we can reserve a table big enough. P.S..... the "other" Bonnie...... I need you to email me so that I can get your phone number.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 2/11/2008 9:08:58 AM
This chapter of POF "WILL" rise again. (watch for March party plans). I felt so at home and a kinship with the entire party. This is just what I needed. I came away with a sense of "belonging". The common bond for all of us was being single. As the parties continue, we get to know each other and I personally have my eye on several possibilites. If you are hesitant about walking into a venue alone, join the crowd. lol You won't be alone long. Highlands County is very limited for places to have parties but the Oasis worked out well for us. We had it all to ourselves. We had double the attendance at the second party and think that the next one will be bigger and better. Ed, we need your expertise of electronics.....HELP. Bonnie, I hope that you are now connected and look forward to teaming up with you as a double dose of "fun". There is something special about being among friends.
 bonniebrownap

Posted: 2/10/2008 9:15:02 AM
Woohoo......last night was a blast. I had a great time and want to thank all those people that put it all together. I met some really great people and can't wait for the next party. Even the "shy" people were off their seat and on their feet. (ME) Yeah, right. What a great way to meet people that I wouldn't have if it weren't for the POF parties.......... See you at the next party.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 14 (view)

Maybe It's A Smoking/Distance, Etc. Thing
Posted: 1/21/2008 1:13:22 PM
It has been a big obstacle for me with smoking. I respect anyone that passes me by due to my smoking and reserve the right to pass them by if they don't. Distance holds the same concern. We are all who we are and what we want is better stated up front. I wish that POF had a "smokers" button and save me the time of pointing this out. I have met so many men that say "no problem" but yet it is. Right up there with distance. I am holding out hope that I can find someone close to home and not so much interested in relocating far from family and friends. I have a good life to share with the right man and will solve problems as they arise.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 41 (view)

Speed Dating for Seniors
Posted: 1/21/2008 10:51:42 AM
Could someone please enlighten me on exactly what speed dating is? I think I get the jest of the concept but don't understand how one would go about doing this. Is there a speed dating convention or something? Sign me up, I'm game for anything new.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 61 (view)

in our age group, what constitutes a GOLD DIGGER???
Posted: 1/21/2008 10:46:10 AM
I've been a GOLD DIGGER all my life. What makes me different is that I panned in my own career hole. I worked hard, spent little, invested well and had some dumb luck. (new money). My parents can't take it with them when they go. (old money). I don't need YOUR money, I need YOUR love. It is still my right to decide on who I love and it will NOT be a financial train wreck. I'm not after money or fame but have learned that money makes people do strange things. I would warn that if anyone has a significant amount of money, begin gifting it to your heirs NOW. After all, taxes don't ever go down. You can gift up to $50,000.00 per child per year up to $300,000.00 without penalties at this time. The next relationship in my life will have to live off of love, cause I'm broke. And I quit panning for gold at the ripe old age of 40.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 31 (view)

At our age, what is acceptable for contacting the guys?
Posted: 1/21/2008 10:12:46 AM
OP, I can see that you are new to this Fishing Expedition thingy..... It was awkward for me at first too, but, I have stepped out and said "hello" a few times. I think that anyone that is on a dating site understands that the email goes both ways. This is acceptable behavior.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 25 (view)

HEARTS ON FIRE – A HOT TIME IN THE HIGHLANDS Saturday, February 9th, Sebring
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:58:31 AM
I've marked my calendar and barring all disasters, I will be there. It sounds like Jason is at it again.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 1 (view)

Interstate 4 - wreckage
Posted: 1/10/2008 8:00:21 AM
I'm sure that all of central Florida has heard about the terrible accidents on I-4. Lakeland is very populated with POF members and I was wondering if everyone is OK. Do you know anyone that was involved and needs our support? Is there any way we can help as a fellow member? My thoughts and prayers are with all of those involved and all the men and women that helped in the aftermath.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 83 (view)

MID-WINTERS NIGHT IN THE HIGHLANDS (Sebring) Friday, Jan.4, 2008
Posted: 1/10/2008 7:51:11 AM
I was so disappointed to miss this party. I know alot of work went into making it a great night. Next time
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 13 (view)

sounds during sex--National Geographic version
Posted: 1/2/2008 11:09:17 AM
OMG, mums the word............. I learn something new each day...... I understand now just how to take control of sex........IF I ever have it again.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 164 (view)

The body beautiful and men over 45!
Posted: 1/2/2008 11:03:44 AM
Not having read any of the above posts.......... I am clueless as to who has a problem with this or not. I have read many threads about this and come to the conclusion that ED is a taboo subject. Only shared with women as needed. I don't feel inclined to discuss my sexual behavior with just anyone and respect the rights of men who prefer to discuss this in private. I am just happy to know that men now have an option to address this issue. According to posts, this is a very small percentage. It's about time we women got a break.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 41 (view)

Do You Ever ...
Posted: 1/2/2008 10:47:51 AM
I "ever" every day..... reflecting back, I reflect on "if I had", "could I have", "should I have". As I move forward, I have the greatest plan to do it "right" the next time. Just need a willing partner. We all do better when we know better. I hold out hope that there is a man alive that needs me. There is so much love to give among us and finding the right person is just a matter of staying in the game. If we stay true to ourselves, put it all on the table and keep on keeping on, we are bound to find the final love of our lives.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 72 (view)

Living Alone
Posted: 1/2/2008 10:39:13 AM
Celebrating 2 years of living alone is just fine with me. I teeter between finding the last love of my life and giving up my independence. I guess, when the right man comes alone, I will be entrenched in making a life for the two of us. Until then, I am happy to call my time my own........... but, I would rather have someone to spoil. Living alone poses the problem of what to cook for supper. THAT is my biggest obstacle.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 43 (view)

Romantic !!!! Are we still?
Posted: 1/2/2008 10:31:44 AM
I have living proof that romance can last a lifetime. An example to me is my aunt and uncle sqealing and running around chasing each other after 50 years of marriage. I sure hope I live and learn. As for me. I live in the real world of day to day living and do not discount romance. I am well aware that the hum drum of daily living is more prevalent and look forward to that lifestyle. Romance to me means coming home at the end of the day and glad to see each other. I may not have the energy to run from you but I sure do have the energy to listen. Now, come Saturday.......... catch me if you can. Sunday? A day of rest.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 35 (view)

Does Anyone actually Date Here?
Posted: 1/2/2008 10:15:22 AM
Oh yeah........ I have met a man here that recently became a member. He doesn't have a clue yet as to how hard it is to find the right one. I sure hope that I can hold his attention and keep him the best kept secret on the POF. lol I have gathered friends along the way and still think that POF is worth an effort. Singles meeting singles is just as satisfying as meeting the right one. Keep on keeping on. It is my opinion that friends first, meet later is the way to go.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 45 (view)

Do you think working on yourself/improving yourself will improve your chance of finding a mate?
Posted: 1/2/2008 9:56:00 AM
I mature each day. I learn as I go along. I get better with age. I have faith that one day a man will fit into my wonderful life and I will fit into his. I do not seek to fix me, I am not broke. I'm more astute to find someone that fits with me on a day to day basis. The fun and frolic is easy. It is the day to day co-habitation that makes us a match. If I stay focused on this, I do believe that I will be successful in love.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 24 (view)

No Children....Why
Posted: 1/2/2008 9:46:33 AM
I respect those that know what they want and go after it. I also respect those that know what they don't want and refrain from that. Because of my struggles to concieve, I don't understand anyone that wouldn't want children. Reflecting back on my own life, I find my children to be my greatest success. I am also envious of those that have no children to invade their lifes desires. It works both ways.

Another thing that I have witnessed is the "childless" couple that state that they did not want children in the first place. If you dig real deep, they confess that they were unable to concieve and put on a front of not wanting children. I see a few couples that solved this problem by adoption. They seem to make the best parents. This is one of the main reasons that I am so against abortion. There are many couples out there that would love to have a baby. Don't flush them down the toilet, give them to those that cannot physically do it themselves.

If you don't want children and protect yourself against it, my hat is off to you.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 73 (view)

What's wrong with sex before marriage?
Posted: 12/26/2007 11:04:15 AM
Personally, sex is only wrong when the heart is not involved. This takes time and happens long before the "M" word is spoken. This has to work too.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 594 (view)

Why are older men so SEX oriented???????
Posted: 12/26/2007 10:58:23 AM
It is my experience that sex is not the motivation of older men. It is the mental connection that we all seek. The daily routine is more important and fitting into each others lives. Sex comes in many different forms and can be worked out between two people as they see fit. That is a personal issue that can only be revealed after a mental connection. The absence of sex is tolerated by those that hold other priorities. In our age and time, there are more options than ever before. To be worked out between two kindred spirits. I do have to add that there are more sexual issues with men than there are with women........ Just My Opinion. Isn't this issue more physical than mental?
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 15 (view)

POF Female experience vs. Male experience. What wins you over.
Posted: 12/26/2007 10:45:28 AM
The connection of the hum-drum daily living. I want to be able to live day to day with the right person. I could win you over with the history of my life. I have a wonderful life to share with the right man. It is the tolerance of daily habits that I seek. POF is a tool to introduce us, after that comes the real world. Do we fit? I'm willing to find out.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 47 (view)

Is this the biggest Hurdle ?
Posted: 12/26/2007 10:36:10 AM
I'm no longer able to leap the hurdles. I just want someone that fits into my life and me into theirs. That is not too much to ask. I'm too old to do it wrong again. The biggest hurdle to me is fitting into the day to day life of someone. I can relate and fit in to the excitement of life but, the hum-drum of daily life is what makes things work. Toilet lid up, toilet lid down, CBS or NBC, animals in, animals out, eat now, eat later, the simple things in life. That is what makes it work or not. Walks on the beach are rare, what to cook for supper is reality.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 9 (view)

Can independent single women meet other women friends here?
Posted: 12/10/2007 9:58:14 AM
I was there Mae and can attest to the friendships that were concreted at such a gathering. Yes, meeting single women is just as great as meeting single men. We are all here in the common denominator of singlehood. Locally, I too have had the pleasure to connect with other women like myself. We swap war stories and encourage each other that there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's not always about the greatest date, it is about learning as we go. Location, location, location........ we may be independent in some areas but we still seek the love of a man. That cannot be replaced.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 6 (view)

THE MID-WINTERS NIGHT IN THE HIGHLANDS Friday, Jan.4, 2008
Posted: 12/10/2007 6:54:28 AM
Jeff, we are gonna offer you as the "boobie" prize. I'm contacting people I know and having them to come here and sign up. This party is gonna be fun.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 4 (view)

THE MID-WINTERS NIGHT IN THE HIGHLANDS Friday, Jan.4, 2008
Posted: 12/9/2007 11:14:49 AM
Woohoo, I'll be there too. This is gonna be so much fun.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 17 (view)

Does your picture match your list of activities?
Posted: 12/7/2007 10:25:36 AM
Note to self: Schedule photo shoot during nap time. After all, that is something I do daily. I've got to say, I appreciate all the pictures of the toys a man has but, then I get to wondering when would he have time to date. yep, that's me.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 38 (view)

How can you repair a bad mistake
Posted: 12/7/2007 10:09:44 AM
Forgiveness/Repair will have to come from the person themselves. The only thing I know to do when I make a mistakes is to admit it, apologize and let it go. The above situation will be a true test of love, how problems are solved and forgiveness. We are all human and have to forgive many times in our lives.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 44 (view)

Things to Do in Highlands County
Posted: 12/7/2007 5:48:55 AM
I attended the "brainstorming" session last night and it didn't surprise me when we all came together in the interest of "singles meeting singles". Details of our first HC party will be announced soon and I think we will be successful. If we have a repeat of last night, I will consider myself to have had a great time. BTW, I think Jeff and Larry should be the opening act at our HC parties. (way to funny). Let the begin.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 12/4/2007 7:09:38 PM
Count me in for Thursday at 6:30. Can we eat too?
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 36 (view)

weak at the knees!
Posted: 11/24/2007 10:54:02 AM
OMG, OP, isn't this the feelings that we singles hope to meet up with? Have you lost your mind? lol Sounds to me like you have met someone that is worthy of further investigation. Hormones always run amuk when chemistry is present. Don't delay. Brace those knees and explore all the possibilities. I suggest that you catch him off guard and kiss him like you mean it.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 333 (view)

Long hair on older women
Posted: 11/24/2007 10:44:14 AM
30 pages of personal opinions is way too much for me to consider. I can't explain why, but, cutting my hair is not an option. I know that I should take "majority rules" but still I grow old with my long hair. I'm happiest with my hair thrown into a ponytail and only style it when an occassion arises. I guess I better rethink this long hair on older women. That is, WHEN I become an older woman.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 45 (view)

What will your kids find?
Posted: 11/24/2007 10:32:52 AM
Geez, note to self: Get shocking toys to fool my children that I did actually have a great life. lol I will have to say that my daily journals would reveal to them much more than I think they should know. Shucks, even I am amazed at some of the things I write in them. The key to my bank safety deposit box is all that I have warned them about.

Another thought: when my own mother is gone, I sure hope that I don't find anything that would shatter my image of her. Geez, note to self: torch house and know that mother was only human.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 36 (view)

How much time do you devote to dating
Posted: 11/24/2007 10:15:19 AM
OP, I'm right there with you on the devotion issue. I have a full life and can fill my time with family, children and functions. I have come across this time issue and am looking for someone who puts "getting to know someone" on priority. After all is said and done, I need someone who comes first above all others and willing to put me on priority status. I will never again be put behind golf, ballgames, hunting or any other pasttime. I believe that when someone is truly interested, all priorities change. I'm still looking to be connected with a man that can't live without me. Wishful thinking is not out of the question. I have to have this.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 121 (view)

Single and very content
Posted: 11/24/2007 10:00:00 AM
I have to say that the longer I am alone, the more comfortable I am with my own agenda. I have a great life with as much action as I am willing to participate in. My goal is to find a man that can shake me out of my contentment and head me towards a life that we can both benefit from. Please, don't ask me to justify my thinking. I don't have a clue how to dig my way out of this "single and very content". Ila, if I had your brain, I would throw mine away. lol
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 11/24/2007 9:46:20 AM
Having read all of the above posts, I think we are on to something here. Every success starts with batting around ideas and all the pros and cons. I think it is time to set a time and date and place to meet and get this Highlands County party launched. As with anything organized, it grows as it is repeated. We all agree that we want to get together and that can be our common bond. I am very familiar with Slowhand and will light a fire under him to "put his mouth where is brain is". lol Stay tuned to this thread and do your best to attend a meeting to put Highlands County POF on the map as a "come one, come all, party. To address the "cliche" issue, we all belong to the single life. Married people do not get us. Woohoo, I feel a party in the making.
 bonniebrownap

Cape Coral party planned
Posted: 11/18/2007 2:20:37 PM
If I can get Slowhand (and I mean slow), off his butt, we will be there.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 11/18/2007 8:50:46 AM
Getting back to Highlands County and things to do, we need to appoint someone local to chair a committee. I elect Jason!!!!! Sebring would be a central location and offers more options. Just set a place, time and date and go with it. It may be a good idea to advertise this in our local papers. I think it will take a few "small" gatherings for the idea to catch on. Until then, those of us that attend will still have a good time. Hey, maybe we should start a local "nudist colony", I'm sure that would catch on real fast and put Highlands County on the "to do" list.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 23 (view)

What's wrong with sex before marriage?
Posted: 9/3/2007 11:32:27 AM
Nothing. What is wrong with sex is that it is thrown around as a pre-requisite in a relationship. If I had sex with every man that I have dated, I would be known as a whore. I prefer to let the relationship develope into a future before giving the body. Call me what you want to but, I have married every man that I have had sex with. Sex was reserved for the special man in my life. In my opinion, that is what separated them from all the other men in my life. Our relationship grew past the infatuation phase and had time to get to know each other without the complications of sex. Another view of mine, I would never marry someone that I had not had sex with. I think that that has to work too. Go figure.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 60 (view)

Whats this 1st date & I want a kiss bullsh*t
Posted: 8/7/2007 12:26:57 PM
Dusty, you bring alot of insight into the forefront. I too come from a family of kissers. There is nothing greater than a hug and kiss to my Granny. I will reconsider my position on kissing. I just can't invision myself in a passionate kiss on the first date. Please, family is family. And I don't date my family, even if I am from the south. Kissin' Cousins is a thing of the past for us. Slow down and don't overwhelm us ladies. We aren't used to a gentle(man).
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 80 (view)

Baggage
Posted: 8/7/2007 12:07:56 PM
Baggage seems to be a dirty word for the over 45 crowd. I prefer to call it wisdom. At our ages, we should have plenty of both. Those that have not established a history have not lived in the real world. I understand that the past is what shapes us into who we are today. I hope to meet someone who has "baggage" that they have learned from. My baggage is carried with me with pride. I carry it with me into the future to do better the next time around. I have matured due to my baggage and think of it as a positive growth that any man would be glad to be part of. I live as I learn. The best thing I can say about my baggage is that it all matches and I recognize it on the busiest carousel.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 111 (view)

Weight and Sex
Posted: 8/7/2007 11:41:41 AM
Please give me a break on this subject. By the time that I am ready to do the "Weight and Sex" thing, I will have established an emotional connect that forgives our imperfections. This issue works both ways and reserved for a more profound relationship than dating. I'm not judging your weight by the time sex is introduced. The weight is measured by the heart, not the body. Sex? Yep, yep, yep. Me too.

Show ALL Forums