Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: AGE and who tells the biggest lies men or women!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 33 (view)

AGE and who tells the biggest lies men or women!!
Posted: 11/11/2012 2:06:17 PM
I have never lied about my age. But.... the man I have been seeing since last Dec. lied about his age. He said he had always been around younger people and his wife was a lot younger than he was. He told me when we met for a few beers. I called him a liar.!! I am younger than he is!! But... in the long run, I forgave him and respect and admire him for the man he is. We are still going strong even though he lied. !!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 16 (view)

First date ideas
Posted: 11/9/2012 6:01:14 PM
I agree with Cowboy on this topic. IMO, a first date should focus on communication and getting to know each other. A movie certainly does not allow for any communication. I would save that for another time.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 11 (view)

Long Distance Online Dating...How do you do it properly?
Posted: 11/9/2012 4:49:46 PM
I met s snowbird from Canada this past Dec. We dated up until he left for Canada in early April. We have kept in close touch with Skype. I have also flown to Canada every month for 10 days. He will be returning to Fla this week. Had it not been for our close communication and monthly visits, doubt it would have worked for either of us. We made reservations together before he left in April and each visit I had a reservation to return before I left. It has worked for us and we are both looking forward to his time in Fla.We knew April until November was a long time to be separated so we had a plan in place that was acceptable to both of us.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 16 (view)

AGE and who tells the biggest lies men or women!!
Posted: 11/9/2012 1:24:01 PM
I have never lied about my age either. It serves no purpose. If I said I was 5 yrs younger, I might not look as good as I do at 65!! I, am who I am as well. Either you like it or you don't.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 3 (view)

Date Night
Posted: 11/9/2012 1:18:15 PM
Not going out tonight. But.... I did meet a great Canadian snowbird who I will be picking up at the airport this Tuesday. Met him last Dec. and have made 4 visits to his home during the summer. Let the fun begin!!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 15 (view)

Drunk State = Sober Thoughts
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:21:21 PM
I have been dating a man for almost a yr. He is not verbally or physically very affectionate. However, his actions speak volumes. When he drinks, however, he becomes much more verbally and emotionally expressive. I think it is a guard that was created over a lifetime of hurt and loss. We talk and talk and liquor doesn't always lead to sex when we drink.!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 38 (view)

sending mail to people with interesting profiles
Posted: 11/6/2012 8:37:03 AM
I often send a message which is complimentary. Not looking for anything in return. I also compliment people out and around in grocery stores, etc. People need to hear nice things. Everyone loves to hear nice things.
g
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 48 (view)

Look different in person than photos
Posted: 11/3/2012 3:13:13 PM
If you are a few extra pounds or BBW, you can still present yourself with an attractive profile. As we age, we have to work harder to look our best. By that I mean, dressing in clothing that are flattering to our aging figure, styling our hair in a current and becoming hairstyle. We sometimes get stuck and don;t make the effort to make ourselves look our very best. It take time, energy and work.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 133 (view)

'Younger' older women. Why?
Posted: 11/3/2012 2:51:38 PM
Who really cares if we look older or younger for our age. It is what it is, and the years continue to accumulate. Be happy with who you are and more importantly, what you are!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 6 (view)

Difficult decision concerning my mother......
Posted: 10/25/2012 5:08:31 PM
OP, sometimes one must make difficult decisions regarding family members. IMO, it sounds like this is one of those times. You have the right to have some beauty and peace in your life. You cannot control your mother's behavior. Nor can you ignore it. It should no longer have an adverse affect on your life or your children's life. Let the struggle belong to your mother, She is the only one that can change her behavior. It will not be an easy road for you, but, in the long run, it may be the best road to follow.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 96 (view)

Are they really this active?
Posted: 10/18/2012 2:54:48 PM
I am 65 and play tennis 3x a week. Many of my friends have had knee surgeries, torn rotator cuff surgeries etc. etc. Seems we are happy to just be out on the courts. I have been playing many years with no injuries. We all have our good days and bad days. We are all strong players and competitive. Hope I can continue to play as long as possible.!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 41 (view)

Why do people hate their exes?
Posted: 10/18/2012 8:03:14 AM
I am not friends with my ex either. I was married 10 yrs. and have to children as a product of that marriage. I have no interest in him being a part of my life. I don't like him, nor, do I respect him. I like and respect my friends. I want friends to be a part of my life. I don't hate him. Just indifference . I certainly don't hate him.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 18 (view)

short haired woman
Posted: 10/15/2012 4:12:33 AM
Guess I am a bit partial. I have short hair that is a current and a fun look. IMHO, as woman age, short hair is more attractive. Without some sort of style, long hair on an older woman just hangs there and drags down their features along with gravity!! Just my opinion!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 8 (view)

those big flat screens and decorating
Posted: 9/28/2012 8:51:40 AM
OyVay, that is a lot of money to disguise a couple of TVs. Got another idea?
 wackadoodledoo

those big flat screens and decorating
Posted: 9/28/2012 5:29:38 AM
holycowwow, it's a question that would be difficult to answer without seeing the room and the furniture. Can these T.V. be mounted on the wall?
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 687 (view)

what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 9/28/2012 5:07:31 AM
From a female prospective , I don't mind a small tattoo on a discreet body part of a young woman's body. I think it is disgusting on an older woman. I also don't like tattoos on men.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 41 (view)

What are your intentions for being on this site?
Posted: 9/26/2012 6:14:17 AM
Rearguard, great idea! Write to men that view you and interest you!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 82 (view)

Without marriage
Posted: 9/25/2012 1:41:56 PM
IMO, even if she were to remarry, it is her responsibility to prepare herself financially in case of adversity. If the man was wealthy, is it his responsibility to do that? In second and third marriages, there are children that are included in wills and their names are most likely on the investments as well. Does she deserve her husband's money if it was a short term marriage?? Most likely not!! She needs to think of her future and protect herself and if she can do that independently, she will be smarter in the long run.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 20 (view)

What are your intentions for being on this site?
Posted: 9/23/2012 6:45:47 AM
My intention when I joined POF was to find a committed relationship. I have been successful in that venture. Now I just enjoy the forums. I live in Fla. and have met a man that spends 6 months in Fla. and 6 months in Canada. I have flown to Canada once a month all summer. Keeping in touch has kept the relationship strong. He will return to Fla. in Nov.
 wackadoodledoo

My GF always says that her friends think she is hot ..!!
Posted: 9/20/2012 8:36:14 AM
Do you compliment your girlfriend frequently? She may be seeking validation and may want you to value you her more. She also may be insecure and need constant attention from you. Attractiveness does not always mean a high self esteem.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 29 (view)

Would you date someone with a chronic pain disorder?
Posted: 9/20/2012 7:44:13 AM
My ex had three failed back surgeries. As a result, he sustained permanent nerve damage and is currently taking Methadone due to the chronic nerve pain. No, no chronic nerve pain syndrome for me. Been there done that!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 126 (view)

Men over 55 ??
Posted: 9/16/2012 4:52:58 PM
Sounds like we have some fisherman in the group. I prefer keepers myself.!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 12 (view)

Soulmates... Finder's keepers, or build it yourself kit?
Posted: 9/16/2012 5:16:08 AM
The term soulmate makes me want to vomit. It has been so overused that it has become meaningless. What does it really mean, anyway?
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 86 (view)

angry profiles..would you date them?
Posted: 9/14/2012 6:28:37 AM
I tend to be a positive and happy person. I avoid those that are negative and angry. No need to advertise negative feelings on a profile. You attract what you portray!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 11 (view)

Do you have any suggestions on dating a woman who is wealthy?
Posted: 9/8/2012 6:04:07 PM
Wealth means different things to different people. It can also intimidate people. I am not sure of the OP'S intent of this thread. Some of us are confused???
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 5 (view)

Do you have any suggestions on dating wealthy women?
Posted: 9/8/2012 2:11:30 PM
I think you need to define wealthy first. Money should not alter who you are. If being yourself isn't good enough, move on to the next .
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 33 (view)

Look different in person than photos
Posted: 9/3/2012 8:39:24 AM
Photos, as we all know can be misleading. Sometimes one is more photogenic than another. Whether you are stunning, beautiful, average, handsome, or whatever other adjective one can think of, the point is, to make the best of what you have been given!! Sometimes it takes more work for some than others. !
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 39 (view)

How did you choose your screen name?
Posted: 9/2/2012 1:19:34 PM
Okie dokie, Betteroffsingle. Life is all about choices, isn't it?
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 9/1/2012 10:08:28 AM
LOL, then why are you on this dating web site.? Looking for another fish to catch???
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2012 4:03:03 PM
I chose my screen name just because it's fun and wacky!!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 39 (view)

Should you really be yourself?
Posted: 8/21/2012 3:59:44 AM
Being oneself is not always an easy task for some. It require confidence and knowing and liking who you are. How many fish are capable of that?
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 112 (view)

skirt length when over 50
Posted: 8/20/2012 5:11:17 PM
By the time a woman is in her 50s she should be aware of what type of clothing flatters her figure. If you have nicely shaped legs then show them . They are your assests. But... use good judgement in how short your dress or skirt is. Then look in the mirror!!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 79 (view)

Men over 55 ??
Posted: 8/20/2012 3:39:56 PM
i would just like to add, that it takes a lot of confidence in yourself and insight to do just that!!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 78 (view)

Men over 55 ??
Posted: 8/20/2012 3:36:11 PM
Sounds like both men and women have adjusted their age and wt. to be more appealing to the on line dating world. Maybe if everyone would describe themselves honestly we could all have a more productive experience. Lies always have a way of catching up with you in one way or another.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 9 (view)

What is the best way to draw woman's attention
Posted: 8/17/2012 3:58:56 PM
what is normal. ? normal to one is totally different to someone else.?
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 48 (view)

Men over 55 ??
Posted: 8/17/2012 9:00:11 AM
Nativerock, do you really think women would be comfortable listing their weight in a profile on a dating site?? They are often insulted when a wt. issue comes up as it is. We all know how thin you are, so you are thinking in your terms. How about someone that has a wt. issue??
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 47 (view)

Men over 55 ??
Posted: 8/17/2012 8:47:59 AM
That's very funny winterinfla.!! From one smoker to another. LOL
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 45 (view)

Men over 55 ??
Posted: 8/17/2012 6:12:49 AM
Aww, the written word can be misunderstood at times. Gottcha!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 43 (view)

Men over 55 ??
Posted: 8/17/2012 5:46:16 AM
Jimintoronto, I don't think it a great idea to ask a woman to identify her wt. range. How many times have you ever asked a woman how much she weighs.??LOL You might have your head bitten off in a hurry. I think one sees themselves differently than others see them. Sometimes, I think the wt description is an honest evalutaion of ones self and other times it could be intentional deception. True for both genders.!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 35 (view)

Men over 55 ??
Posted: 8/16/2012 2:07:42 PM
I am 65 and have had an adequate amount of attention from men in my age group. I have also been dating someone that I met on this site. Guess I don't think about my age as a deterrent. Think there are plenty of men in the 55 and up age group. The problem may be the 55 and up woman may not be hearing from them.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 235 (view)

Plain Janes Better Than The Pretty Ones?
Posted: 8/14/2012 1:15:51 PM
Sounds like we have a man that values the whole package. I like that!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 103 (view)

Where have the older men gone?
Posted: 8/13/2012 3:39:00 PM
depends on the man. Many men are more active and youthful than you give them credit for.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 101 (view)

Can I buy you a drink?
Posted: 8/10/2012 1:47:55 PM
offering to buy a woman a drink has been socially acceptable for many years. It is an unspoken gesture that says, I would like to get to know you and chat with you. If you one is old enough to be in a bar setting, one is old enough to know the intent of the gesture. If you are not interested in chatting with the man that offers to buy you a drink, the polite thing to do is politely decline. why would anyone blame the man for offering when it is more socially acceptable.? In fact, it is more socially acceptable than accepting his offer and walking away. Ladies!!! pay for your own drinks,!!!
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 5 (view)

Are they still in Jr. High? Emotionally stuck at 45+
Posted: 8/10/2012 8:38:14 AM
I don't know if it is a matter if immaturity or lacking social skills.??? In my view, there are many fish that are searching for perfection. None exists in any of us. There is so much talk of "red flags" and deal breakers. In my estimation, if one had a mature and realistic view of themselves with appropriate social skills they might be more successful in obtaining happiness, whether it be with a partner or in life.!! I also feel that the age of technology has allowed people to do and say whatever they want and there are no consequences and no conscious!! It is a free for all.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 66 (view)

Can I buy you a drink?
Posted: 8/9/2012 8:10:11 AM
I am sure this is not her first rodeo!! She had no intention of conversing with the guy. Just a free drink to her!! That type of rudeness and lack of any kind of conscious gives other females a bad name. Not all woman are out of the same mold. However, it is common for some men to generalize. Any lady would accept the drink if she was interested and spend some time talking to the guy.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 14 (view)

Fate? Destiny? Bad timing.
Posted: 8/8/2012 2:37:52 PM
Well, you said it!! Now call him!!! LOL
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 8/8/2012 2:34:08 PM
All this talk of being interested in this past relationship or not. What is your motivation in calling him prior to your move.?? If it is innocent and just making it less anxiety provoking if you do bump into him, is one thing. If you are wanting it to be more, be honest with yourself. AND.... give it some thought so that you can be prepared with the outcome whatever it may be.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 8/8/2012 1:43:47 PM
You mentioned that you were not interested. I would reiterate that to him when I called. I think it may break the ice if you run into him. Sounds like it was a great relationship and distance got in the way. Would it make you feel more at ease if you called him??
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 8/8/2012 1:35:06 PM
What would it hurt? You could make it clear that your intent is not to try and rekindle your relationship. If and when you run into him, maybe you will both be more comfortable. Then again..... maybe not. If it were me, I would probably call and give him a heads up.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 15 (view)

Can I buy you a drink?
Posted: 8/8/2012 7:56:50 AM
Offering to buy a woman a drink demonstrates an interest in chatting with her. Sometimes, men will send a drink over to a woman seated at another table. That too, is an indication that he has an interest. He then may saunter over to chat with her I think she knew what she was doing and just accepted a "free" drink. There are many woman that go to bars and pride themselves in never buying a drink for themselves. Sad but true.!!

Show ALL Forums