Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Vacation Time..... Where to go.... MEXICO???
 Doug6105
Msg: 23 (view)

Vacation Time..... Where to go.... MEXICO???
Posted: 2/27/2009 8:45:28 AM
The US State Dept. just issued a travel advisory for Mexico due to an increase in drug related murders and kidnappings. I'm sure many spots and resorts will be just fine but you may want do some research on that.
 Doug6105
Msg: 4 (view)

Roast Potatoes
Posted: 1/11/2009 12:43:02 PM
Easy. Right at the end when they're done or almost done turn your oven to broil or put in the broiler, depending on your oven. You can open the oven door a gap to keep then from burning. That makes it easier to watch also because it won't take long.

I do this with a lot of things. It's a great way to brown the cheese on a frozen pizza as well reducing the dreaded soggy frozen pizza factor, lol
 Doug6105
Msg: 37 (view)

Perfect Popcorn!
Posted: 1/11/2009 12:19:02 PM
Great post NightElf !!! That's pretty much how I've always popped corn with the exception of the two burner thing. It's the way my dad cooked it. I learned it from watching him as a kid. I didn't know he was on to something, I just knew it beat all other popcorn hands down.

I do lightly butter mine. Dump 1/3 of the finished popcorn from the pan into a bowl, pour, actually more like sprinkle on some melted butter, a little salt and toss. Repeat with another 1/3 of the remaining popcorn, etc. This prevents some kernels from getting sogged with butter and other kernels getting none. The butter and salt is evenly distributed coating the outside of the kernels without soaking in, very important. This would work equally as well with the cheese powder, garlic powder or onion powder along with the salt.

I always make to much since it's usually just for myself and I've found that it keeps really well if you put it in a 1 gal. ziplock bag and put it in the fridge. Probably best if you pet it warm to room temp before you indulge. I suppose you could nuke it for a short time to warm it up but I've never tried that.

Do you care if I copy your " popcorn secrets " and post to another board I visit?
 Doug6105
Msg: 2 (view)

Jamaica
Posted: 11/7/2008 9:25:01 AM
Hi There,
Yeah I took a trip by myself to Ja a while back.. I've never been to Kingston but I wouldn't recommend going there unless you know a local who can guide you around. I went to Negril and that's where I'd go again.

You're booked for the 16th and don't have accommodations yet? Where are you flying in to? Kingston is on the opposite side of the island as Negril. Montego Bay is fairly close to Negril.

I can give you some good tips on Negril and a good message board, but on Kingston, not so much.
 Doug6105
Msg: 49 (view)

Who filed?
Posted: 10/25/2008 1:30:41 PM

My assertion that men should avoid marriage comes from experience with the terribly oppressive divorce and custody system that is currently in place.

So true wannashake. Marriage just isn't a good deal for men in this culture. I had to pay my x almost 200 grand. Not to mention I put her through nursing school. Her having an affair had no bearing on the settlement which is so out of whack it does not border on ridiculous, it IS ridiculous !!! Women know more about cleaning up in a divorce at 18 yo. than most men know until AFTER the divorce.
 Doug6105
Msg: 29 (view)

Who filed?
Posted: 10/23/2008 12:45:17 PM
I filed. She wouldn't end her affair, wanted her cake and be able to eat it too. On top of that she was/is crazy, suicide threats, abusive. She'd just disappear for a day or so every so often. I couldn't take any more. When I told her I filed she started tearing the house up, breaking glass etc. I gave her fair warning that I would file if she didn't straighten up and get professional help. After she moved out and the locks were changed, she broke in to the house, smashed a full length glass entry door and trashed the house, left the fridge and freezer standing open, turned on the water in the kitchen full blast, more broken glass. I still find glass shards now and then. The cops wouldn't do sh!t to her since her name was on the house and we weren't officially divorced. I'll bet big money if the role was reversed and a man broke into his estranged wifes house he'd be in jail !!!

Anyway, would you have filed???, LOL. I actually waited too long.
 Doug6105
Msg: 6 (view)

Winter travel destination
Posted: 10/22/2008 9:38:29 AM
Message me if you want the lowdown on Negril. There are lots of direct flights in to Montego Bay. Negril is around 45 mins. away with really reasonable Taxi rates.
 Doug6105
Msg: 3 (view)

Winter travel destination
Posted: 10/16/2008 10:01:29 AM
For a single guy, Negril Jamaica hands down !!!!
 Doug6105
Msg: 51 (view)

HOW to travel alone
Posted: 10/10/2008 1:49:28 PM
I went alone to Negril Jamaica by myself but I wasn't alone for long. It was fantastic! Tons of friendly people everywhere, both locals and fellow travelers. I met some colorful characters to hang out with.

You have to watch your back, like you do anywhere, and stay away from sketchy places or situations but no regrets.
 Doug6105
Msg: 22 (view)

Just a survey
Posted: 10/10/2008 1:26:47 PM
My x was/is mentally impaired, undiagnosed schitzoprenia and other personality disorders. I had to get out for my own safety and sanity. Totally serious here, it became hell.
 Doug6105
Msg: 21 (view)

BS MY MARRIAGE IS SOME BS?
Posted: 10/5/2008 9:54:02 AM
" Whats a keylogger? "

A program that records all activity on a computer ...
 Doug6105
Msg: 65 (view)

girlfriend flashing at parties
Posted: 10/4/2008 10:48:15 AM
Yeah, my x wife used to be like that and yes, it's for attention from the men. It turns her in to a "target" for every horny guy within line of sight .... and then some, after talk gets around. With that said it's a matter of time before she goes further with someone showering her with attention. That's my experience and my opinion.
 Doug6105
Msg: 48 (view)

Woman and the cum?
Posted: 10/2/2008 3:31:57 PM
A guy said to his wife. "can I cum in your ear" Wife says, NO I might go deaf!"
Hubby says, '' hmmm, then why haven't you shut up yet?"
 Doug6105
Msg: 86 (view)

Where did you go on your last vacation?
Posted: 10/2/2008 8:52:55 AM
I went to Negril Jamaica and it's been too long. Before that many trips to the BVI's and the USVI's. I need to plan my next Caribbean run !!!
 Doug6105
Msg: 103 (view)

Any women willing to admit having had great sex with a married man?
Posted: 10/1/2008 1:02:35 PM
Most affairs begin as an "emotional affair", which they can justify in their minds. Then it escalates into a physical affair. I'm sure there are a few who set out to have a psysical affair but I'd think it would be the minority.
 Doug6105
Msg: 25 (view)

How many is too many?
Posted: 9/30/2008 1:35:49 PM
To me he sounds insecure for asking. I'd never ask. ... and no it shouldn't matter, after all it's in the past, right.
 Doug6105
Msg: 25 (view)

top 10 dive spots in the world...
Posted: 9/30/2008 8:14:01 AM
The British Virgin Islands (BVI) should get a mention here. See the wreck of the Rhone, one of the most famous wrecks to dive in the world I've heard. I snorkeled the shallow end, I'm not certified yet. Spotted Eagle Rays gliding by below, fantastic !!!

There is a plane wreck to dive off Beef Island, near the airport, lol. I saw an 8ft reef shark not far from there. It swam within 8 ft of me, whoah, that was crazy! Tons of other dive spots down there.
 Doug6105
Msg: 84 (view)

Our aging bodies
Posted: 2/12/2007 8:05:47 PM
Roxanne, David/SoTexMan and all,

A quote from Jimmy Buffett seems appropiate here, and yes he's in our age group.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

Good thread, don't get too stressed, not good for your health.

D)

PS, another Buffett quote, "math sucks" hehe
 Doug6105
Msg: 5 (view)

Critique this... am I ever gonna get slammed, ;-)
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:01:57 PM

" My ultimate goal is an LTR but no one says you can't have fun along the way and that's why I'm here".

*WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSE TO MEAN?.

It means that I'd like to find a long term relationship (LTR)
while meeting new women who want the same... if it doesn't work out, ... oh well, I, we, ....had fun along the way.....and I met some new friends.....
 Doug6105

Posted: 2/10/2007 9:41:33 PM
Okay opticalnoise perfect, thanks for the input. I will certainly make some changes based on your suggestions. You made some good points and made me think.....
I'll get rid of the shirtless pics.... I never knew that women hated that.

gonna ramble now, .....
please,....
more suggestions welcome!!! My mind is open....

opticalnoise said.
"Your profile is too loud. Full of boastfullness, bragging, and creepy suggestiveness."
Doug says, "I WANT my profile to be loud. I do stand apart from the others.... I want my profile to be suggestive, but not creepy. How did I get to be creepy???
 Doug6105

Celebrity sightings
Posted: 2/10/2007 9:46:58 AM
Yep, I saw Big Head Todd in British Virgin Islands. I was at a floating bar, actually an old boat permantly anchored and turned into a bar. He was down there on a cruise organized for fans.

BTW, in case you don't know, It's Big Head Todd and the Monsters, a rock band.
Not sure what that says about his celibrity status though since I felt I needed to put this disclaimer here.
 Doug6105
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 2/9/2007 7:24:23 PM
Okay, you be the judge.
Let me have it. One glaring transgression should really stick out,
.... maybe more than that???

Only the most thinning pics have been posted, they are all current however. Who's gonna post their favorite worst picture on a dating site?. I'm fatter than I look in the pics, but might add more "bad"
pics soon. lol

What have I left out? What leaves you wanting to know more about me after you read my profile? What makes you want to move on?

ALL comments welcome, get as rude as you want, you won't hurt my feelings and I just may learn something..... This should be interesting.....

;-)
D)
 Doug6105
Msg: 40 (view)

Who gets over 300 messages a day?
Posted: 2/9/2007 7:07:29 AM
hmmmmm, I joined in Nov., 06, I have 2 messages so far, and one of those was from admin.lol. Do I hold the record for the fewest??? Oh well, at least the forums can be interesting sometimes.
 Doug6105
Msg: 52 (view)

cheating,way's you have caught your partners out
Posted: 2/6/2007 12:09:45 PM
I tricked her into admitting it.

Once I was 99.9% sure it was going on from other little things I noticed and found anyway. At this point I even knew the name of her "friend"

I told my wife that I recieved a blocked call from someone who said worked with her, and that they told that they didn't want me to be the last one to know that my wife was having an affair.

I mentioned the guys name and I said to my x, "what's going on?"

Badabing, busted......
 Doug6105

single and the carribean
Posted: 2/1/2007 7:25:27 PM
Having just returned from a New Years trip to Negril, Jamaica one can have a blast there as a single. The local girls will love you, I got two serious marriage proposals and I wasn't even trying. lol. Plenty of single traveling ladies too, from the US, Canada, the UK, Italy.....
Live music on the beach every night. Lots to do and see during the day.

Questions, just ask....
 Doug6105
Msg: 55 (view)

If you could have, a free holiday where would you go?
Posted: 2/1/2007 5:15:37 PM
No limits huh, lol.
Alright then,... I'm a sucker for anywhere tropical.

How about a private crewed sailboat in the South Pacific, Bora Bora here I come!!!
I have my snorkel gear packed already!
 Doug6105

Montego Bay, Jamcaica
Posted: 2/1/2007 5:04:39 PM
I just got back from Negril, through Mobay of course. Had a blast!!!

You have to post a trip report when you return, haha.

I'd be more than happy to answer any Negril questions anyone has.
 Doug6105
Msg: 58 (view)

Would you let your man shave you?
Posted: 11/26/2006 7:02:55 AM
I used to help shave my x all the time.....

great foreplay and great sex after
 Doug6105
Msg: 41 (view)

sugar mommas
Posted: 11/26/2006 12:52:37 AM
Right after my x moved out I dated a girl, well, a woman, who was pretty well off. Her house was worth 3 million.

She was a nut case, I ran like my ass was on fire. I could have lived with her looks though, she wasn't beautiful but she was ok. After our second meeting and so many cell phone calls, messages, emails, texts........ I realized I could never get together for money alone.
 Doug6105
Msg: 637 (view)

Why do stunning women go for geeks
Posted: 11/26/2006 12:38:14 AM
wow, alot of replys for a simple question.

Women are attracted to confidence in a man. A confident self assured man won't even have to look for a woman, she will find him. That goes for the *geek* catagory or the *bad boy* catagory, which is a whole other thread.......

Show ALL Forums