Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: trying to erase her mind of my height issue
 _mr_brown
Msg: 48 (view)

trying to erase her mind of my height issue
Posted: 10/7/2012 12:21:43 PM

"Wear heels. Or stuff your shoes with socks. "

or better yet, wear "lift kits" they'll increase your height 1-3 inches and are discreet
 _mr_brown
Msg: 48 (view)

Just made plans to meet and user deleted her account ??
Posted: 10/7/2012 12:04:46 PM

women are flakey

lol, i second that. most females on this site aren't serious about online dating...they're just "window shopping"
 _mr_brown
Msg: 10 (view)

A Man With No Wheels
Posted: 9/27/2012 9:32:29 PM
The thing with online dating is that most women are only checking for the cream of the crop... Kids? skip profile. Bald? skip profile. Under 6'1? skip profile, Seperated? Skip profile. No car? skip profile.

Like someone else said, there are so many options available to them(i mean this site is a sausage fest, almost a 2:1 male/female ratio) that they don't feel the need to put up with what one man lacks when the next man can provide it...

competition for males on here is pretty fierce, hence why most guys only get a few messages a month, if that.

in an ideal world they would take the time to know you, but again, they have too many options available to them
 _mr_brown
Msg: 21 (view)

Maybe it's just me?
Posted: 9/23/2012 10:51:39 AM
The fact is that with online dating in general, people have a lot of options. a lot of people on here are talking to multiple people at once(whether they admit or not). They probably just found some one who was just a better fit for them, unfortunate for you. It really is a numbers game though, you just gotta keep trying! :)
 _mr_brown
Msg: 70 (view)

What does it take to get a reply?
Posted: 9/23/2012 6:52:13 AM
This site is a sausage fest..I think its 55% male...Just average females here are having their mail boxes flooded each day, and the very attractive ones? Forget about it.

All you can do is keep trying...
 _mr_brown
Msg: 21 (view)

When a girl flips the switch on you
Posted: 9/23/2012 6:36:22 AM
happened to me too last weekend my man. Went out had a great date, text her and no response.

It happens to the best of em...Oh well, on to the next one!

And what the hell does this guys shirtless pic have to do with him being flaked out on? Stop hating on him! Props to you for being a NATURAL body builder dude.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 59 (view)

does silence = no interest?
Posted: 9/5/2012 5:39:57 PM

We had been going out 4 months, he was the one who said it was an exclusive relationship and talking about our future, we were not fully intimate, our relationship wasnt about that.

Or, so you think...He probably got tired of waiting for it and moved on.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 58 (view)

does silence = no interest?
Posted: 9/5/2012 5:32:39 PM
no response is a response....its over
 _mr_brown
Msg: 116 (view)

Can I buy you a drink?
Posted: 8/11/2012 6:03:30 AM
another reason why you shouldn't buy girls drinks
 _mr_brown
Msg: 4 (view)

how to handle arguments
Posted: 8/9/2012 7:18:12 PM
its really a no win situation. i'm a laid back person myself, and i am very non confortational, but sometimes women want you to argue back, to show you have some sort of backbone or care.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 30 (view)

Need Help help talking to women
Posted: 8/6/2012 5:59:14 PM

Where is the insult? The name-calling? The kicking?

I have taught my 'shy' eldest son a little 'game' to play for confidence around girls.

You have a shy eldest son eh?

How come you didn't just tell him to "grab his balls" instead of giving him that constructive advice about being confident?

Wouldn't you agree to me that your advice about being confident is more effective in terms of advice and helping his confidence?

Right...

That's the point i've been trying to make. Nothing more nothing less.

Ok, i'm done. :)
 _mr_brown
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2012 4:04:50 PM
Really? Now you are trying to associate my balls comment with weight issues?
I would never tell someone how to lose weight.
So, just to clarify for the folk that skim read,
YOU projected YOUR interpretation onto my balls comment...

I stand by my comment of put you hand in your pants...
The OP has a neck tattoo and 2 kids we can be pretty sure he has balls, (and knows how to use them)
I was merely reminding him of the fact that he is the proud owner of a pair.

lol, i think you missed my point entirely...

basically, all im saying is that you telling him to "man up and grow some balls" is basically like "backhanded adivce" just like telling a fat person to "man up and get off your ass and exercise more"

its called an analogy...

"backhanded advice" is like you're giving advice and a insult rolled into one. Both comments could easily be re-worded into a more positive context.

I know you didn't mean your "balls" commment to be insulting but that's way but that's how i interpreted it(and I'm sure im not the only one as other people in this thread have agreed with me).

The dude obviously feels like crap because he's shy and started a thread about it, and im sure insulting him sure as hell doesn't make things better.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2012 10:39:19 AM
and geez how sensitive does a guy have to be to be offended at a 'grab ur balls' statement?

i took the "balls" comment as being equivalent to telling a fat person -"Hey why don't you just get off your fat a$$ and go to the gym and exercise?"

In reality, yeah thats all they need to do, but i think its more beneficial to tell that person, -
"The most effective way i found to lose weight is to eat smaller portioned meals throughout the day, and try to schedule at least 4 30 min cardio sessions into your week"

See the differnce?

I understand that we don't want to throw this guy a pity party, but give some positive (instead of negative) reinforcement to encourage him. Its not about being sensitve or anything but kicking this dude (and all the other shy guys) while he's down isn't cool!
 _mr_brown
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 8/5/2012 5:03:33 PM

Oh, and I was painfully shy when I was younger
(I would get a nerve rash whenever I spoke to a guy),
I worked on that myself --
I started paying genuine compliments to strangers, (shoes, bag, smile whatever --as long as it felt real)
you would be surprised how that puts a bounce in the step of the recipient.

See, you could've just said this in your first post and recommend that the op try to pay compliments as a way to build up his conversation skills.

Because "reaching down in your pants and grabbing your balls" kinda seems like an insult(making him out to be a wuss or the other word that rhymes "juicy" ;) ...Kicking the man while he's down isn't going to help him any!
 _mr_brown
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 8/5/2012 4:01:45 PM

OP,

put your hands in your pants---

What do you feel?

Balls?

then use them.

Easier said than done...(approaching a complete stranger that is ;)) Whens the last time any of you women approached a guy?(if ever). No use on picking on the poor dude for being shy...
 _mr_brown
Msg: 7 (view)

Living with Jack Spratt!
Posted: 8/1/2012 4:33:08 PM
I can relate to this.

I don't have much will power when it comes to food.

My saving grace is that I live alone, so i can control 100% of the food that comes into my household(which is 80-90% healthy).

When i lived @ home, my family ate mostly junk. As soon as I moved out i dropped 20 pounds. When i go back home to visit i get teased, they think im starving myself ! lol

I wish i had an answer for you, its not a stupid question. My only suggestion is to try and work out more to offset the excess calories you are consuming.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 982 (view)

You are Hot!!!
Posted: 7/30/2012 10:47:27 AM
i would be flattered if some guy told me my gf was hot....
 _mr_brown
Msg: 17 (view)

pics
Posted: 7/29/2012 5:28:21 PM
sorry, but guys sending naked pics of themselves reminds me of "To Catch a Predator" lol
 _mr_brown
Msg: 32 (view)

From a guy's perspective..define Looking to date but nothing serious status.
Posted: 7/22/2012 9:15:58 PM

Who made you spokesperson for all the men on here. I'm certainly not looking for a FWB

i meant some not all
 _mr_brown
Msg: 11 (view)

From a guy's perspective..define Looking to date but nothing serious status.
Posted: 7/22/2012 4:56:24 PM
Yeah, it pretty much means they are looking for a FWB.

Heck, even the guys with a "Looking for a relationship" status are looking for FWB's.

At least the guys with a "Looking to date but nothing serious" are being honest about it.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 16 (view)

Hurt, Confused
Posted: 7/15/2012 2:43:27 PM
The fact of the matter is that he's probably been wanting to break up with you for a while.

He saw an opprotunity to finally end it when you went out of town and took it.

There is no need for you to figure out the who, what, when and why. The relationship is over, period. I know its a hard pill to swallow but that's how it goes sometimes.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 97 (view)

Where DO you feel it's okay to approach you? (women)
Posted: 7/12/2012 7:58:00 PM
it boils down to this for most guys.:

Either approach women or forever be single.

Most guys don't have the luxury of having women come up to them all the time.

Sorry if its an inconvenience to you women, but hey, its for the survival of the species that we are the way we are :).
 _mr_brown
Msg: 255 (view)

Why does the guy always have to initiate the date and relationship? or at least most of the time?
Posted: 7/10/2012 5:21:55 PM
:

I only like approaching girls that i am 100% sure are interested.

Personally, I don't bother with the signals a whole lot. If a girl is being friendly maybe I'll ask her to talk again if I'm interested.

Truth be told, online dating has been really good for me because I've been rejected so many times that I don't really care anymore. I've gotten a few dates as well, but as a man you're going to learn that dating is a numbers game. Approaching more women is the only way to increase your chances of getting more dates. If you're truly happy with yourself, you'll understand that a person you may not even know not being interested is their loss, not yours.

After going through this thread:

Where DO you feel it's okay to approach you? (women)http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15424809.aspx

Most women say the same thing. They don't mind being approached anywhere, as long as they are sending the right body signals to cue you over there to talk to them.

So basically it goes back to this, if the women isn't sending some type of cue to you, its really no point in going over there. I understand your numbers game point, but i like to take my chances where i think i have a shot as opposed to the "brute force"(just talk to every girl you find attractive) technique.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 7/10/2012 5:05:00 PM
If I answer your questions, asks you questions; IF I smile at you and lean into you THEN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ASK ME FOR MY NUMBER... I have done as much as I can to tell you I AM DYING TO GIVE IT TO YOU. And yes that fish got away. Boo

I said this in another thread, but a lot of guys(including myself) are "poor signal readers".

I cannot tell the difference between a "flirt" and a "just being nice" with most women.

Men aren't mind readers, I know a lot of girls who lose out on opprotunities because they assume the guy will ask their number.

Next time ask for his number or make a verbal cue("you look very attractive in that outfit") or something like that. We don't always pick up on all these crazy subtle signals you women through out there, sometimes you just have to be blunt!
 _mr_brown
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 7/10/2012 8:52:18 AM
Anywhere if the woman is attracted to the guy.

Nowhere if the woman is not attracted to the guy.

/thread
 _mr_brown
Msg: 251 (view)

Why does the guy always have to initiate the date and relationship? or at least most of the time?
Posted: 7/9/2012 9:05:17 AM

if a man isn't approaching ya...then he isn't interested...period.

I have to disagree with this one. I'm and a lot of other guys are poor"signal readers". I know women make a lot of little subtle hints that they might be intersted in you, but I have to be blantantly told "hey i like you" (I honestly can't tell the difference if a girl is being nice or is genuinely interested) for me to apprach, because i don't like randomly approching girls left and right. I only like approaching girls that i am 100% sure are interested.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 250 (view)

Posted: 7/9/2012 9:04:17 AM
I feel that its also a misconception that guys like pursuing. We have to do it because we don't have a choice most of time. Its a turn on to have a confident woman approach! If it were up to me i wouldn't do any approaching at all!
 _mr_brown
Msg: 249 (view)

Posted: 7/9/2012 9:01:59 AM

if a man isn't approaching ya...then he isn't interested...period.

I have to disagree with this one. I'm and a lot of other guys are poor"signal readers". I know women make a lot of little subtle hints that they might be intersted in you, but I have to be blantantly told "hey i like you" (I honestly can't tell the difference if a girl is being nice or is genuinely interested) for me to apprach, because i don't like randomly approching girls left and right. I only like approaching girls that i am 100% sure are interested.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 26 (view)

great first dates...no second dates
Posted: 7/8/2012 6:12:49 PM
A lot of people who date online date several people at once...I know its nice to think you're the only person someone is seeing, but thats just the truth.

I think the guys flaked out on you probably because they started dating someone else.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 240 (view)

Posted: 7/7/2012 7:46:09 PM
where is the damn logic, argument, evidence to prove that men are natural born hunters?

Well I have put in work only to get rejected, thats why I hate initiating with a huge passion, i hate how women do not owe men anything but it is never vice-versa, the other way around.

Seriously, there are times I feel like beating up a girl's boyfriend out of anger and jealousy, i hate how women are hard-wired, instinctively programmed to be attracted to strong, confident, dominant men. I'd rather prove that by instigating violence instead of taking charge, control, initiative, leading, it's better to prove that with physical strength instead of mental strength. I love how Mr.T says here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF_iiX1HepM

Also, i hope those women end up becoming victims of domestic violence.

wth @ that last sentence?! RANDOM!

ok, this guy is trolling.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 55 (view)

Why do men think it is okay to bother ladies at the gym?
Posted: 6/27/2012 10:14:18 AM

Trying to meet and approach young women in the US often feels awkward and rude, as if you are violating some type of boundary. They prefer not to acknowledge your existence if you’re not in their clique. They are among the most cliquish, closed, and anti-stranger women in the world, and emanate an “unapproachable force field” around them. This anti-stranger force field/bubble says to men, "Don't mess with me. I'm unapproachable. I don't talk to strangers. If I don't know you, you have no business talking to me unless you are lost and need directions.” (Unless of course, you are or look like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt.). You can sense some kind of shield as if you are violating some type of boundary. If they find out that you are speaking to them for purposes other than asking directions, they suddenly get defensive, upset, and act as though you’ve violated their boundaries. Attempting to penetrate their bubble elicits a negative response which causes an energy drain on men that discourages them from trying again. That’s why most guys in the US don’t have the guts to approach women. It’s unnatural, creepish, anxiety-provoking, discouraging and usually leads to no real result. What many guys, especially the ones involved in the PUA (Pick Up Artist) movement don't understand about the fear of approaching women is that the reason they are afraid is not because they lack guts. It's because they can sense that the girls they want to meet do NOT want to be approached, so that to do so would be rude and violating. Not to say that there are no friendly women in America, but there is definitely something peculiar that makes them and Americans in general unnaturally closed and paranoid. So the main problem is that they won’t meet you if they don’t know you, but yet you can’t get to know them cause they won’t meet you, thus creating a CLOSED LOOP against someone who wants to meet them. And that just plain sucks, to put it simply.

In fact, it’s widely agreed among well-traveled playboys that the US has among the most unapproachable and anti-social women in the world.

What sucks about America, despite its many ideal qualities, is that the only truly friendly open women are the large ones, while the non-overweight ones are generally stuck-up and unapproachable (though in many areas, such as LA, even ugly girls are rude and uppity).

On the other hand, in the rest of the world, women feel flattered and react warm and sweetly when you approach them, whether they are interested or not, whether they are available or not. They don’t get offended or see it as creepish. Many often giggle or blush in the process (how many American women nowadays blush or giggle?). In fact, the difference in approachability is greater than the average American who’s never left their country can imagine. Even if you approach a female movie star, model, or married woman in Russia, she never gets offended or defensive at your initiation like American women do, so you never feel like you are a creep for the attempt. It’s a total refreshing contrast. That’s how “real women” are, and it’s truly feminine. Basically, a guy is allowed to be himself abroad, rather than suppress who he is. But most guys reading this wouldn’t know this difference until you’ve left the Puritanical “Matrix” of the US, otherwise you have nothing to compare to.

To try to put it into words, an approachable girl looks at ease, relaxed, open and friendly. It's in her face, body language and aura too. She makes eye contact with others, smiles back at people, and has an open body posture. An unapproachable girl, on the other hand, has a closed narrow vibe and look on her face. She is uptight, serious, focused, does not make eye contact with others, and has a "don't bother me" look on her face. When you try to muster the courage to talk to her, you will feel a cold chill and an alarm will go off in you that says, "DO NOT! NOT ALLOWED! INAPPROPRIATE!" It has nothing to do with guts or bravery at all.”

Hmmmm, this is a very interesting post. I rarely approach women IRL simply because they look like they don't want to be bothered.

Back to the original topic, OP maybe you should try wearing headphones? Most women who don't want to be bothered wear headphones(you don't even have to play music through them lol).
 _mr_brown
Msg: 19 (view)

Guy calls but doesn't ask to see me
Posted: 6/10/2012 9:40:07 AM
This guy is probably seeing other women on the side. If a guy really likes a girl he won't make up excuses not to see her.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 33 (view)

Old Fashion Values vs Modern Attitudes
Posted: 6/5/2012 10:40:49 PM

When it comes to men, deal with us as we are, not how you'd like us to be." I know it's an
infuriating concept that men like to chase and you have to let us chase you. I know. It's insulting. It's
frustrating. It's unfortunately the truth

this guy needs to speak for himself...all my gf's approached me and i loved that they were the aggresor. Makes my job a lot easier :).
 _mr_brown
Msg: 12 (view)

Should I Date in College?
Posted: 6/5/2012 7:01:56 PM
You sound like a pretty bright guy.

A wise man once said "You'll lose money chasing girls, but you'll never lose girls chasing money".

In other words, you are going the right thing. You're probably going to be making 6 figures out of school dude. Take the hit now, who cares.

A guy in hs early 20's making 6 figures is sitting on top of the food chain...especially in this economy. You'll be fighting the girls off you after school man good luck
 _mr_brown
Msg: 20 (view)

Old Fashion Values vs Modern Attitudes
Posted: 6/5/2012 3:58:19 PM
There is a new way of dating and mating: girls are being socially aggressive, "claiming their man" and pushing the guys for exclusivity and calling and texting and asking guys out for dates - but these MODERN women are always ending up "empty handed" cuz guys instinctively want to be the pursuers and do all the chasing and have virtually no interest in women who chase after them.

I disagree with "always ending up empty handed".

As long as the guy is ATTRACTED to the woman who is pursuing them, the guy will date her.

I mean what guy is going to blow off Angelina Jolie who is trying to get together for a date?

If the guy ISN'T attracted to the girl doing the pursuing, he probably will blow her off.

Thats all it boils down to. Not all men care about who is and who isn't the pursuer.
 _mr_Brown
Msg: 1 (view)

Does growing up with members of the opposite sex in your family give you an advantage with dating?
Posted: 5/29/2012 10:54:39 AM
I always wondered if growing up in a family where you have a lot of siblings/cousins/ etc of the opposite sex of your age group helps you to better understand the opposite sex, and therefore help you in the dating game.

I grew up in a all male household(mother doesn't count lol) and went to an all boy school. So i didn't know what i was doing until my mid twenties lol.

I had a friend who had a sister, and female cousins around his age(who were all hot lol), and he always had great success with women...

I think that getting that 'behind the scenes' look at the opposite sex in your family helps, because you see what types they go for, what approaches worked on them, etc. Or am i wrong?
 _mr_Brown
Msg: 233 (view)

Posted: 5/29/2012 8:02:35 AM

i'm 60 and i just quit a casual relationship with a woman that is 22.

You are my hero...I hope to be like you when i grow up lol
 _mr_brown
Msg: 6 (view)

DWB.........Dating While Broke.......
Posted: 5/28/2012 8:36:43 PM
well summer is around the corner. You can do a lot of outdoor activities. Get creative. Picnic at the park, hanging out at the beach, going to free summer festivities, etc.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 227 (view)

Posted: 5/28/2012 8:12:44 PM
IhateDoubleStandards, most of my ex gf's were the ones who initiated everything.

Its not as bad out there as you think. Put a good profile pic up and re-do your profile, and ill bet youll get some messages.

I have a friend who has girls come up to him all the time. He never approaches girls. He's like a chick magnet or something. One girl even gave him a ride home from the grocery store, and she didn't even know him!

Women are a little bit more agressive out there these days, if you have your stuff together, they'll come. Like i said, its not as bad as you make it out to be.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 14 (view)

Men who are into you, vanish, and come back later
Posted: 5/25/2012 7:19:51 AM

I can only speak from personal experience, but have found ex-girlfriends who ended the relationship do seem to txt or message out of the blue later - If I ended it less so..

yep. this is true for me too lol
 _mr_brown
Msg: 10 (view)

Didnt stay 2 more hrs, relationship over.
Posted: 5/22/2012 8:23:08 PM
dont drive yourself crazy thinking about the who, what, when and why man. women will be mad at you and you wont even know why. they expect you to read their mind and all their subtle signals...its pretty much no use trying to rationalize them sometimes.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 8 (view)

Didnt stay 2 more hrs, relationship over.
Posted: 5/22/2012 8:14:48 PM
if she broke up with you over something like this, your relationship was doomed from the jump. Best to cut your loses now instead of this happening 2-3 years from now.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 478 (view)

You are Hot!!!
Posted: 5/22/2012 10:44:56 AM
this is why i rarely pay women any compliments...never know how they are going to take them.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 208 (view)

Posted: 5/21/2012 8:29:01 PM

And therein lies the heart of the problem.

Same thing a woman (appeared to be in her 40's) once told me when I asked her why she had never in her life asked a guy to dance.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of women have big ego's(bigger than guys) and the thought of guy not thinking they are hot is hard to deal with.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 206 (view)

Posted: 5/21/2012 8:21:17 PM
why is it far more important for guys to be like that but not women? Sometimes I praise and admire the men who committ domestic violence, now there is a difference between blaming and hating, for me, i'm hating women, not blaming them for my problems, because unfortuneately it's never a woman's fault for anything, but it's always a guy's fault for his own problems.

ok dude enough is enough...you're hating women and condoning domestic violence now?

This is getting out of hand. You need to man up and quit being so whiny. You shouldn't hate women because you're a shy guy and afraid to approach women.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 60 (view)

What do you think about men wearing height increasing insoles?
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:47:05 PM

i've never seen a man wear that kind of enhancement yet. if i ever see one, i bet it would feel weird seeing him like that.

Well a insole goes in the shoe, so you wouldn't even notice that he has them on.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 193 (view)

Posted: 5/20/2012 4:46:59 PM

You are missing the point. Suppose you see an attractive man somewhere. Yet you don't approach him because you feel a man must always initiate contact. Perhaps he didn't notice you. But he would have been interested if you had approached him. 15 minutes later, an more aggressive woman approaches him and they hit it off.

Agree. Hats off to the aggresive women out there. Pretty much all of my gf's have been that way. That 1950's damsel in distress waiting for her prince charming to sweep her off her feet mentality is the reason why a lot of you are single...Its 2012...You see something you like? Go for it! Nothing wrong at all with the woman making the first move!
 _mr_brown
Msg: 12 (view)

whats the longest you have been single?
Posted: 5/20/2012 2:26:16 PM
for me 10 years. from 17-27.

I did date in between that period but nothing serious.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 5/20/2012 7:58:23 AM
Wait, I know you want women response, but where in the hell have I been the last few years. Men are wearing high heels now? See....first it's manicures, now pedicures, nose jobs, implants, now dudes are wearing heels, jesus. lol.

lol, nah man. I didn't say dude was wearing pumps/stilletos. You average mens dress shoe can have a 1 inch heel.
 _mr_brown
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 5/19/2012 10:07:40 AM

yea and my point is if youre going to start wearing heels then you might as well fake lashes, girdles, dresses, fake lashes, fake nails, wigs, coloured contacts (those arent gender specific either) because it makes u just as unnattractive pick and choose any one it doesn matter. Some things are meant for women and some things are meant for men. Thats my point.

heels? I thought we were talking about height increasing insoles? I agree if a man starts wearing some pumps out on a night on the town he deserves to get made fun of.

Show ALL Forums