Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dating over 60
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 7 (view)

Dating over 60
Posted: 9/16/2011 10:39:11 AM
First off, anyone who pretends looks aren't important is too stupid to even read more. Just pass this posting.

Paul McCarney looks the fool with his dyed hair and pudgy grandpa face as he walks down the aisle with yet another young hottie. He can afford to buy what he wants...as can Trump...as can Stern...as can....you name it we all know the deal. They wouldn't get these women if they were mailmen.

The better you look in life, the better the job opportunities as well as opportunities with the opposite sex. That's just a fact.

Men are even more visual I think then women, but to pretend women aren't is too dumber then dumb. You see beautiful women with beautiful men or wealthy men or both.

As an woman, the older and frumpier you look, the less attractive you are to men. As a man, bald...pot bellies...bad teeth...poor hygiene...no money...bad features i.e. (huge nose) the less attractive you are to women. Please don't bring up Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovette...I didn't get that either and notice it didn't last.

Can unattractive people meet and find happiness of course.

Looks are superficial for sure. It's what's inside that counts and I have to tell you most of the really attractive older women on the outside are VERY flawed on the inside or they aren't still available. Having said that looks are a gateway. Without them the gate is often closed to people ever seeing what's on the other side of the gate.

So...look in the mirror and look for a partner who's on about your level. There are men and women of all looks and economical status. If you're honest with yourself, you'll find a suitable partner, but don't look outside your realm of possibilities.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 528 (view)

Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/16/2011 10:18:31 AM
I just found the thread so pardon me if someone has already pointed out the obvious. I didn't see it on the first two pages I read.

Yes, we men as we age aren't meant to continue siring children ergo mother nature lets our erections come less frequently or as easily.

However, having said that, very few WOMEN over 50 I want to see naked and if I do lusty thoughts are not usually on my mind? Ask Paul McCartney as he walks down the Aisle with another hot young woman who offers nothing but looking good naked and he offers nothing but a ton of money the last one didn't take.

We all age, but many kid ourselves as Sir Paul, Trump and many other rich old gramps who think they've still "got it" when what's attractive at their age is CA$H
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 6 (view)

he's over 40 and he's not hard the 1st time
Posted: 6/4/2009 11:34:26 PM
He's not in to you
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 13 (view)

different topic: Is it worth the Effort to spite the distance??? Different Guy too
Posted: 5/15/2009 9:52:01 AM
Look for someone local. Two hours away is too far away and I could list several reasons if you really cared.

The bottom line is, unless you live in a tiny village with almost zero single people and can't find someone, what you're reaching out to is probably more a fantasy then reality.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 12 (view)

So He Removes ALL His Favorites - ?
Posted: 5/15/2009 9:46:53 AM
He's hot so he gets lots of play. He doesn't get as much as hot women who post, but does okay.

It's standard fare for women who would be interested in you contacting them to add you to their favorite list. It doesn't mean much except they may be interested if you are. Since he's attractive, he was on several lists. I might add really attractive women have so many guys who post them, they don't do much except sit back and pick from interested men.

Just know many men on single sites are really married or living with a woman already too so do some checking before you get too involved.

Good luck
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 11 (view)

Should I just give up on him?
Posted: 5/15/2009 9:41:20 AM
He's not in to you.

Look, you've come on to him from the beginning up to and even including you'll put out for him if he wants you.

Men who want women contact them and court them if they see it's reciprical. By the way, having sex with him will get you laid, but won't put you one inch closer to him in a relationship.

He's not going to man up and tell you, but read my first line...it's obvious.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 19 (view)

just another hook up? or is their some feelings involved?
Posted: 5/15/2009 9:35:22 AM
You're being played. If I had to guess he's got a wife or local gf where he lives, but thinks you're a hot time when he's in your area.

I'm guessing since you're a very hot 19 YO he's a very hot older guy who makes you melt. He's use to owning girls with his looks and words and you would be one of them with a few simple gestures like picking flowers and holding hands.

There's probably a very nice guy in Vancouver that would die to be your BF, but you're choosing the hot "player" instead and now wonder WTF is going on.

Now you know
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 16 (view)

Getting mixed signals
Posted: 5/15/2009 9:24:31 AM
Shy......married...mentally disabled? HoWhat are you thinking?
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 3 (view)

Do guys find Tomboys unattractive
Posted: 5/15/2009 9:22:14 AM
Finding Mr. Right is as hard for you as finding Ms. Right is for us.

Sometimes it's the little things that won't work for us. The Tom Boy thing is one of them for SOME men, but a total turn on for others. Some men don't know what to do with a girly girl. You're a big girl and your weight could be another. Some want super skinny...some average and some love large girls.

I've gotten rejected because my belief in God wasn't exactly the same as one woman, but everything else matched up so we never even met.

Just keep the faith and know that who you are is perfect for some man, but only people desperatly lonely take the first one who comes along with some interest.

Good Luck
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 9 (view)

how long would wait before saying how you feel
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:05:47 PM
You can't force anyone to make a move. It's casual until it gets serious.

You say you both are looking for an LTR, but he doesn't seem to be making the move. That should tell you he doesn't perhaps see you as filling that position. The longer he takes to make a move, the more that should confirm it's going no where.
 pokerjimmy

Why do guys say they are interested then flake after one e-mail?
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:03:25 PM
Delete the ones you don't like which it appears is what some have chosen to do to you.

It's just a sorting process...relax.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 16 (view)

What are men attracted to in profile photos?
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:01:53 PM
The obvious answer is your best assets. A pretty face...flaunt it. Fit body, a good body shot. Great looking breasts, butt, legs...lets have a look. DON'T include pix of other men, pets, flowers or other landscapes. It makes a man immediatly go WTF???

Hope this hels
 pokerjimmy

Does anyone have a clue about this behavior?
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:56:11 AM
He's working some program with another woman at the same time and you're getting play depending on the status with her.
 pokerjimmy

WHY MARRIED EX BOYFRIENDS SEND U TEXT MESSAGES
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:55:12 AM
Love her? Why do you care? He's ready to cheat on her with you.

Mind you he's not saying he wants to dump her for you. He just wants to hit it with you and stay married to her.

So...how do you like him now?
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 2 (view)

This may sound stupid, but I really need to know...
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:44:25 AM
Flirting is flirting and fun. Both genders do it to get a rise out of the opposite sex and often nothing more is wanted then the rise. That affirmation that someone else still wants us if given the opportunity.

You'll be asked out when someone is REALLY inerested and not before.
 pokerjimmy

Is he really interested in something more?
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:42:36 AM
He's not THAT interested or he's retarded. You're the one interested in kicking it up a notch...he never will.
 pokerjimmy

Met here on POF, live together, he is still on POF
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:40:45 AM
I'm only surprised you can get to this age and have to ask the question.

Simply put, he's the man YOU were looking for, but you're a get me by til he's done looking which obviously he isn't.

So now pull your head out of your heart and THINK!
 pokerjimmy

Good man versus the man who actually GETS you
Posted: 9/19/2008 7:55:55 AM
So...you date who you have and trade up when you find someone who better meets your needs.

You can of course dump who you have and simply be alone and perhaps even happier then with the man who doesn't understand you. Choices.
 pokerjimmy

The mixed messages between actions and words
Posted: 9/19/2008 7:53:15 AM
I'd back off of her completely. She'll let you know if she wants to continue with something. Women have the power until they give it to a man. She hasn't given it to you and the more you persist the less likely she ever will.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 4 (view)

Parents helping out financially
Posted: 9/19/2008 6:48:23 AM
I financially helped my children with endeavors like college when they were ready if it was a joint effort. They had to keep up their grades and contribute what they were able with part time jobs etc.

Having said that, I have a basic rule with adult children and mine all know it. As long as I'm alive they'll have a roof over their heads and food to eat, but the ATM machine is closed. I won't enable bad choices, but I WILL help them get re-employed and back on their feet if they're down. In fact, I'll insist on it. So far with fingers crossed, none has had to return.

As far as the rightness or wrongness of giving adult children money for whatever, I can only say it was wrong for me. Other's of course can make their own choices.
 pokerjimmy

What have we learned?
Posted: 9/19/2008 6:39:29 AM
I guess the women on this thread learned it's the man's fault and how to guard against men...too funny.

I've learned to be a work in progress for myself and if who I am seems to attract others I must be getting some of it right.
 pokerjimmy

What classifies body features as sexy?
Posted: 9/17/2008 11:00:08 AM
As already stated, we're all different.

The good news is, no matter WHAT you look like, you're perfect for some of us.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 15 (view)

How important is it to give a woman a gift?
Posted: 9/17/2008 10:48:23 AM
You would be a rare woman. Many other women gage the amount we care about them with the size and cost of a gift. It sucks, but how it is.
 pokerjimmy

Twins on the Way! How does he really feel????
Posted: 9/17/2008 10:46:31 AM
I think you have twins on the way who need and deserve a run at having a mom and dad. It's a little late to worry about how much he loves you now. Time to accept the fact he's your husband and your babies daddy and let the love thing go where it does.

You don't have the same options about this you had two years ago
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 26 (view)

Freedom
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:24:51 AM
Life is a balancing act between work, play and family for guys.

For a single guy, you become the family part. We want the physical man/woman thing, but don't want it to intefere with activities i.e. golf, poker or watching our favorite sports teams.

I think however a guy who wants to "LOOSE" you for awhile, really wants to see other women or dump you all together.
 pokerjimmy

Do you love women who run with the wolves?
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:18:51 AM
We all want to be accepted for who we really are, not who people think we are or the public personna we exhibit.

Another person can't nurture our inner self if they've never found it.
 pokerjimmy

Is a good man that hard to find?!?!?
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:16:07 AM
You started out saying you were a beautiful black woman and ended saying you knew you weren't gorgeous or whatever.

Being attractive comes in many forms so you need to honestly evaluate your strengths vs. weaknesses. Then you need to be honest about what kind of man you want. What kind of woman does a man like that usually have on his arm. Are you like her? If you can honestly say you are, then it's just a matter of making him aware of you.

If you aren't "gorgeous or whatever" are you seeking men who are?
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 17 (view)

what do you think?
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:09:51 AM
You kind of asked the same thing on another thread didn't you? It's obviously something that's presenting itself now and you need a quick answer.

Sex is something mutual. If you and he are both wanting it, then perhaps the time is right no matter when that is. However, if you're just putting out because he wants it and you really don't, you cheated yourself.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 20 (view)

Humour in a mate
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:07:24 AM
I think we all have deal breakers.

What you read I think is very false. An attractive woman that's funny as well is very enduring to men I think. Most women who are also comics are often physically unattracive has been my experience and the reason SOME men think they're manly is because as in the case of Rosie...they are.
 pokerjimmy

Why are men so bad at asking questions?
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:00:30 AM
I think lack of conversation is a sign and you're right to be concerned.

People who "click" and will click in the future have a natural flow to them. You won't have the issue when you find the right guy.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 17 (view)

help
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:57:21 AM
We're guys and we want sex and don't want to wait for the "long haul" if we can get it sooner.

Most women write the same thing on their profiles about wanting LTR etc. So much so that most guys simply write that's what THEY want as well for bait or ignore it.

Your task is to find a guy who wants you enough to wait until you're ready.

Relationships are way harder then finding the first person who we think is attractive or makes us laugh. It's a huge sorting process and Mr. right will emerge as you sort.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 8 (view)

nowhere relationship
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:44:17 AM
You look like an attractive party girl.

You attract guys who want a hot girl to kick it with, but not the girl to take home to mom.

I know it seemed to work for Brittney and Madonna, but remember they could sing.
 pokerjimmy

Obama Slip of the tongue? My Muslim faith?
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:28:59 AM
Some mention the economy which is good since it matters to me as well as an independant. Congress, not the president spend our money and during the Bush administration we've now had a majority of Republican C0ngress and a Democrat majority congress. Both for four years. I quit the Republican party when we invaded Iraq and remain a conservative independant. Some people thought that should make me a Democrat as I'd be on the same page about going into Iraq. Nooooo...I'll refresh everyone's memory about Iraq and remember Obama was a private citizen at the time as was I so what he was in favor of at the time mattered not. Does anyone really think he wouldn't have been part of the Democrat machine were he in congress? Does a man who'd never written a piece of legislation either as a U.S. or State Senator REALLY strike ANY one as a man who gets things done?

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv

The country wanted change and got it. Now let Obama with zero experience take over and watch an economic depression hit.
 pokerjimmy

What went wrong?
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:59:11 AM
This guy is no player for sure so I think you need to cut through the games with one last shot.

Email him with some honesty, but not too much. Tell him you've been interested in him for quite a little while now, but sense recently his interest in you seems to be wanning? Ask him if it was something you said or what might be the problem.

You may be surprised. He may in fact come back with something like. I thought YOU weren't very interested in me? BINGO! You're both back together with a better understanding of mutual communication.

If he blows you off in a nice or not so nice way...what have you lost from where you are presently?
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 25 (view)

advice on pulling
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:53:28 AM
You're not getting pulled because you're self confidence is shot and men sense it. You say you're outgoing, but I don't think you send out signals to men that you're not really available.

How about when a man looks at you directly? Do you meet his stare with a smile or look away?

You are attractive, but above average...not drop dead georgous. You bleached your hair to get more pull, but that only gets attention. Once men take that second look, you're not home free yet. You have to be totally hot to pull with a male glance only.

I'd say get involved more socially with men so they get to know you. How's your ad doing on POF? I think these dating sites are really great but rely alot on pictures doing the attracting and say nothing about who you really are.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 5 (view)

Chase or Be Chased?
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:45:51 AM
I'm glad to see your question confused others and not just me.

What's there to back off from? It sounds like you're the only one doing the chasing and if you're not, by all means back off totally and let him pursue at his own pace if there even is one.

If he's showing no interest, find ways to be around him at church where you need to interact with him perhaps on the same comittees etc. He'll get to know you offhandedly that way and will give you yet another chance to be pursued.

If that doesn't work, show more cleavage. He won't fall in love, but being a woman you can always have him up close and personal for a night or two because it's not happening any other way obviously.
 pokerjimmy

What constitutes a bad lover?
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:41:36 AM
You'll get a mirid of answers in this one I'm sure because it's a very individual thing for the most part. Men and women have to have good mutual chemistry with each other to be good lovers for each other.

The old adage of a whore in the bedroom however serves most men quite nicely.

Overall, no matter HOW classy a woman is outside the bedroom, to be a totally hungry moaning nasty slut with her hair down in the bedroom is quite lovely.

If a woman can only be the former woman, often men seek out the latter using the household money.

I hope this helps.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 24 (view)

How should a woman indicate interest?
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:35:01 AM
Your one picture looks attractive. I'm not sure why the dogs needed to be there, but whatever.

You're doing the respectable approach by being listed hopefully with attractive pix and bio. You'll attract men and you'll simply pick from those interested who you find mutually interesting. Isn't the Web great?

If you venture out to a man who didn't venture out to you, you risk rejection and giving him the power too early. Have things really changed? I think not.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 5 (view)

Did I mess it up beyond hope....
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:29:59 AM
First off, let me assure you what people are telling you about "games" etc. is probably true, but also normal. The "games" and "tests" never end and it's how men and women feel each other out as to your true intentions and who each other is. NEVER apologize for being who you are because it's who you actually are that you want a man to fall in love with. If you TRY to change for someone and later relax and fall back into who you really are, you've been dishonest with him and he has a right to say. WTF? You're not the woman I met and fell in love with.

You're obviously interested in this man. He's interested in you to a point and you both are testing each other. He's sort of ignoring you to see how hard you'll chase him and as a woman, you'd better quit...NOW!

He really doesn't sound right for you for a couple of reasons, but let him chase you and court you for awhile and see how the chemistry plays out. Good luck
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 20 (view)

Old age no deterrent to sexuality
Posted: 9/4/2008 10:31:21 AM
Gwad...was there a question there?

I figure when I'm too old to cut the mustard I can still lick the jar.
 pokerjimmy

Couples fighting
Posted: 9/4/2008 10:28:40 AM
It's a true sign of youth.

Older couples don't fight near as often because at a certain point we grasp relationship concepts like "don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff"

Older men and women look for red flags early on in the relationships that signal whether something will work or not. Fighting all the time would be a definate signal to move on NOW!
 pokerjimmy

POF advices starnge part...
Posted: 9/4/2008 10:25:39 AM
Here's the deal,

Posters present us with problems usually about people they've met.

If we see red flags we point it all out and sometimes suggest you move on, but only YOU of course decide when to throw in the towel on a relationship.

I get the feeling often people who post already know the answers and just need confirmation from the rest of us.
 pokerjimmy

Reading to much into it?
Posted: 9/4/2008 10:13:04 AM
He knows how to get a hold of you. I think he needs to show more interest.
 pokerjimmy

Am I being sensible or weird?
Posted: 9/4/2008 10:06:34 AM
As stated, you have a righ to be sensible and take care of yourself.

Some men and women try to manipulate and it appears you've found one of those.

Time for him to be placed neatly in the out file since you're asking.
 pokerjimmy

Women with big dogs?
Posted: 9/4/2008 10:04:29 AM
It depends on the dog and it's chemistry with me? Does it growl and snarl when I come around or friendly and pleasant?

The dog itself isn't an issue, but if every time I try to see someone I have to get through a barrage of psuedo attacks, I'd find someone with less need of protection.
 pokerjimmy

Demanding careers
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:18:11 AM
Shwskidiva

You actually ARE anti feminist. You're anti-conservative women. You're only in favor of left wing women. Be honest if nothing else. Sarah's a bright, strong intelligent, attractive woman who any parents would wish their daughters would ever be that achieved.

There are a whole pile of wealthy women with lots of kids and nannys etc. out there to help because they have money. The new VP is no different. To imply her 17 year old who fell in love and got pregnant and is now getting married to the father is immoral is so obviously Democrat and nothing to do with the mother.

Do you want to talk about Barrack's mom...about the same age...single...banging a big black man who after she got pregnant dumped her or is that one okay with you?
 pokerjimmy

The Ex girlfriend
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:05:59 AM
Your friend is very immature. If her bf wants his ex and can have her nothing will change that. If he doesn't...he doesn't.

It sounds like she doesn't know where she stands with bf, but nicer breasts? Who even says that to a woman...even if she asks?

Your gf needs to keep an eye out with bf, not get too involved until she knows he's past his past.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 14 (view)

overweight/BBW women with fit men
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:55:00 AM
Women worry too much about a few extra pounds sometimes. Of course a few CAN be a few too many depending on the woman or the man she wants.

Overall, men are suppose to be hard and women soft. Obviously hardbody/bodybuilder women don't "get it" so it's not surprising that a man who works out and keeps himself in shape wants you.

Do some men want hard lean women...of course. We all have different wants and needs, but being fuller only makes you more attractive to some of us...not less.
 pokerjimmy

How often to respond?
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:28:58 AM
There's a piece to this we're not getting because perhaps you're not.

Men move on what they want...period. There could be another woman involved or even a few. It sounds like he's keeping you on the peripheral because at the moment there's no room in the inner circle.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 99 (view)

One Rule For Men and One Rule For Women
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:26:29 AM
There ARE no rules. We'll keep coming back as long as we want you.

Show ALL Forums